New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: Story Nexus

1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Story Nexus

So, Storynexus.com, the people behind Echo Bazaar/Fallen London and a few other games, have uploaded a functionality to produce your own text based browser games. I'm currently building a bit with it, it seems quite interesting.

Coincidentally, if anyone has the time, it would be nice if anyone could have a look at Etherworld, my own little thing based on an old campain setting. There's nothing there yet, beyond character creation, but it would be nice if someone could check if that actually works.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Story Nexus

I am actually currently working on one of my own; it's about medieval zombie-slaying, more or less. Haven't gotten past the Prologue, yet, but I plan to slowly work on it, and once it's decently together (like, maybe a few chapters complete), I'll post a link.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

3. - Top - End - #3

I'm not sure what mine will be about, yet. So far, I've done a character creation, and will probably add a few small jobs, like Fallen London's opportunity cards. Long questst will come later.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    I'm not sure what mine will be about, yet. So far, I've done a character creation, and will probably add a few small jobs, like Fallen London's opportunity cards. Long questst will come later.
    I'll have a look over when I'm off work.

P.S. Have you read up on Failbetter's blog? They have tons of cool stuff to say about structuring SN games.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm actually not getting the confirmation email for some reason. Checked spam filter, no luck there either.

6. - Top - End - #6

Happened to someone else I asked, too. They signed up yesterday evening and only got the mail today.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Happened to someone else I asked, too. They signed up yesterday evening and only got the mail today.
    I'll check later tonight/tomorrow morning, then. Maybe the Storynexus servers are just being slow or something.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

Finally got the email to go through, running through character gen now. And I think it finished after two choices, right? First it had me select part of the city, then one trait I possessed. The second choice had one amusing option that I assume was a glitch, since it just said "What?" (as both the name and the answer. Choosing it had no effect and left me still back at the choose-a-trait step).

Anyway, other than the obvious lack of pictures, the first few choices do seem to work. Having completed that bit, it seems that there's now nothing to do but one card, some kind of nightmare that only has an effect if you're Psychic. So I assume progress is still slow.