New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 51 FirstFirst ... 173233343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1502
  1. - Top - End - #1231
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Default Re: [FWM] One Life to Pony: MLP Without the Kiddy Thread 8

The girls

The mare nodded and ducked under thee counter. She arose with two bags. Each was label with a name of one of the fillies. Lockbed's was bigger and did not have the strange scent lingering from it. "Ten bits."

Lochbed smiled and passed over the bits. "Here you go."

The boy

The colt-stallion would walk up to the brickhouse and recognize it instantly. It was directly in front if the barracks's entrance like the bouncer said. The front showed how recently it was repaired. Many of the bricks a mortar was visible fresh. A lone guard leaned against the fence smoking while spinning an extra helmet.
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater
    On Vacation until Aug 7th.
    Spell currently researching: Explosive Pie.
    Weapon currently crafting: +1 cakebane kris

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    Not quite picking up on Tyrol's sudden uncomfort (mostly because she told herself she'd deliberately ignore that), Staccata takes a few steps forward. "Well let's try this 'normal' thing everypony seems into then."
    "Right this way..." Tyrol said, leading Staccata discreetly but firmly into the crowd of ponies on Main Street. At least he wouldn't have to put up with the prying eyes of his fellow guards. He wasn't entirely sure what made him such a target, though his years of bachelorhood was remarkably legendary, having never actually dated a filly prior.

(Would you like to semi-DM the restaurant?)

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post

"What song was that anyway? It was...interesting,"
    He asked curiously, feeling okay knowing that Hay Bale was alright. Sure she annoyed him tons, but it wasn't like he wanted to see her get hurt, or be hurt. Not that he'd admit it, admit it.
    It's called 'Everything you know is wrong' by Weird Al. He made some trippy songs.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    "Well I...I'm not good at hiding. So I suppose I...Oh. Oh no. Not this again." She stomps a hoof lightly onto the ground and mutters off horrendous curses in animal-ese, but with some kind of horn as the recipient of the insult-fest.
    "Is something wrong with ya? Ya're actin' kind of strange." Blades dropped her hammer and put a hoof around Arvadraa's shoulder. She didn't know what was going on, but she knew it couldn't be good.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    "Right this way..." Tyrol said, leading Staccata discreetly but firmly into the crowd of ponies on Main Street. At least he wouldn't have to put up with the prying eyes of his fellow guards. He wasn't entirely sure what made him such a target, though his years of bachelorhood was remarkably legendary, having never actually dated a filly prior.

(Would you like to semi-DM the restaurant?)
    Well, as it turns out, all these Italian restaurants that keep opening or morphing to different forms all the time are in the same building. Something about a crazy Italian stallion owning the place that keeps changing it week to week as an excuse to hold more grand openings. This seems to make him the most sane business owner in Bridal Shores.

This week the restaurant is called "Soups Amore." It appears that they've found a way to take all of their recipes and turn them into soups. When the two arrive, there seems to be a small line as the lunch rush is starting.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

6. - Top - End - #1236
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, as it turns out, all these Italian restaurants that keep opening or morphing to different forms all the time are in the same building. Something about a crazy Italian stallion owning the place that keeps changing it week to week as an excuse to hold more grand openings. This seems to make him the most sane business owner in Bridal Shores.

This week the restaurant is called "Soups Amore." It appears that they've found a way to take all of their recipes and turn them into soups. When the two arrive, there seems to be a small line as the lunch rush is starting.
    Tyrol stopped to gawk at the sight for a moment. "... Soups. Right." He found a way to the back of the still-small but growing line.

7. - Top - End - #1237

Tyrol stopped to gawk at the sight for a moment. "... Soups. Right." He found a way to the back of the still-small but growing line.
    Taking a look at the specials, Staccata needs to fight off a confused shutter for 'deep-dish' pizza soup. That one... has to be interesting. She whispers to Tyrol, "It isn't too late to find a different-"

Just then a waitress comes up and informs them that a table for two is ready.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

8. - Top - End - #1238
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Orzel View Post
    The girls

The mare nodded and ducked under thee counter. She arose with two bags. Each was label with a name of one of the fillies. Lockbed's was bigger and did not have the strange scent lingering from it. "Ten bits."

Lochbed smiled and passed over the bits. "Here you go."

"If I may ask miss,"
    She looked at the store clerk/owner. "What exactly..is it in my bag?"

The boy

The colt-stallion would walk up to the brickhouse and recognize it instantly. It was directly in front if the barracks's entrance like the bouncer said. The front showed how recently it was repaired. Many of the bricks a mortar was visible fresh. A lone guard leaned against the fence smoking while spinning an extra helmet.

"H-hello there..."
    Ember looked at the guard and slightly waved his hoof. "I um...I'm here to see, well visit Grills."

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    It's called 'Everything you know is wrong' by Weird Al. He made some trippy songs.

"Weird Al Flankovich? Ya know, I didn't expect anything less,"
    He half smirked. Fox didn't particularly care for the parody song writer/singer, met him once during his short lived Broadmare career at some pretentious charity gala. Got off of the wrong hoof, and its probably Fox who was at fault, not that he'd recall that story that way.

"Anyhoof....that was an interesting spell you kinda cast on me? What was it? I half expected to have broken my hooves.........again."
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-03-03 at 01:24 AM.

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Titan in the Playground

"Weird Al Flankovich? Ya know, I didn't expect anything less," He half smirked. Fox didn't particularly care for the parody song writer/singer, met him once during his short lived Broadmare career at some pretentious charity gala. Got off of the wrong hoof, and its probably who Fox was at fault, not that he'd recall that story that way.

"Anyhoof....that was an interesting spell you kinda cast on me? What was it? I half expected to have broken my hooves.........again."
    I was singing the song to bend physics and was able to extend the effects to you. She replied calmly. You're an earth pony, so it improved your physical strength, durability and endurance. I was the singer, so i got your boost as well as my own. That's how i was able to block the spider.

... well, technically it metaphorically pimp slapped physics and told it to go cry in the corner while it did the work and music SUCKS at the job physics has. But 'it improved your blahblahblah' makes more sense.

Extended Sig

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Ettin in the Playground

Taking a look at the specials, Staccata needs to fight off a confused shutter for 'deep-dish' pizza soup. That one... has to be interesting. She whispers to Tyrol, "It isn't too late to find a different-"

Just then a waitress comes up and informs them that a table for two is ready.
    Tyrol shrugged helplessly at Staccata and followed the waiter in, trapped by the convention of courtesy and decorum. At least the table they were led to wasn't located right in the middle of the busy restaurant. Instead the waiter led them to a small booth to the side of the restaurant, just out of the way enough to offer them some privacy.

11. - Top - End - #1241
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"If I may ask miss,"
    She looked at the store clerk/owner. "What exactly..is it in my bag?"
    "Plant food." She replied in a raspy voice. She hid it earlier but it was obvious that she was a smoker.

Lochbed sniffed the stinky bag. The slight scent of rotting and decay was there but too light and masked with deodorants for normal pony noses. "Mmm.. smells good. I envy the greens."

"H-hello there..."
    Ember looked at the guard and slightly waved his hoof. "I um...I'm here to see, well visit Grills."
    "Go ahead. I ain't stopping ya." said the guard. He tossed his cigarette into the street and looked up. "Yo, Grills. You got a visitor. A kid."

Grills poked his hungover head out the window to yell down. "Not so Loud. Ponies are trying to sleep in here. Oh hello, Lord Sol. Come inside."
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
    "Is something wrong with ya? Ya're actin' kind of strange." Blades dropped her hammer and put a hoof around Arvadraa's shoulder. She didn't know what was going on, but she knew it couldn't be good.
    She gives Blades a sidelong glance and raises an eyebrow. "I'm always acting strange. I just...thought I was done worrying about my past. Sometimes, being wrong is very...unlikeable."
    D&D is the only game I can think of (with the possible exception of Calvinball) where the only way to lose is by playing to win.
    "'Elvish barbeque' is what happens when the Quessir send one of their Evokers to deal with an orc invasion and then go home for the evening." - Elmah Dryearghymn, an elven Evoker, as depicted to the left

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Troll in the Playground

I was singing the song to bend physics and was able to extend the effects to you. She replied calmly. You're an earth pony, so it improved your physical strength, durability and endurance. I was the singer, so i got your boost as well as my own. That's how i was able to block the spider.

... well, technically it metaphorically pimp slapped physics and told it to go cry in the corner while it did the work and music SUCKS at the job physics has. But 'it improved your blahblahblah' makes more sense.

"Not really, my mind is still trying to wrap itself around that 'simple' explanation,"
    He chuckled and then let himself lay on his back as he chuckled a little bit more.
    ===================

"Plant food." She replied in a raspy voice. She hid it earlier but it was obvious that she was a smoker.

Lochbed sniffed the stinky bag. The slight scent of rotting and decay was there but too light and masked with deodorants for normal pony noses. "Mmm.. smells good. I envy the greens."
    "I'm sure," She told Lochbed and then looked back at the store owner/clerk. "Could I get this double bagged?"

"Go ahead. I ain't stopping ya." said the guard. He tossed his cigarette into the street and looked up. "Yo, Grills. You got a visitor. A kid."

Grills poked his hungover head out the window to yell down. "Not so Loud. Ponies are trying to sleep in here. Oh hello, Lord Sol. Come inside."

"Hello, Oh..I okay..."
    He walked to the door to open it, if it was unlocked, he'd help himself in and would stand awkwardly around.

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Titan in the Playground

"Not really, my mind is still trying to wrap itself around that 'simple' explanation,"
    He chuckled and then let himself lay on his back as he chuckled a little bit more.
    Uh... me sang song, You got strong?
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-03-03 at 12:24 PM.

Extended Sig

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Troll in the Playground

Uh... me sang song, You got strong?

"See, that doesn't help it make any more sense, heck that leaves more questions,"
    Again he laughed, not because it was funny, but probably because he almost died earlier, again, mixed in with the amusing absurdity of the explanation.

16. - Top - End - #1246
    Titan in the Playground

"See, that doesn't help it make any more sense, heck that leaves more questions,"
    Again he laughed, not because it was funny, but probably because he almost died earlier, again, mixed in with the amusing absurdity of the explanation.
    That's about as dumbed down as I can make it. Just know that I made you tougher by singing. She replied, regrowing her horn and lifting him from his position on the ground with magic, though she let him stay laying on his back. Well we ain't gonna learn anything else here. Let's go back.
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2012-03-03 at 12:40 PM.

Extended Sig

17. - Top - End - #1247

Tyrol shrugged helplessly at Staccata and followed the waiter in, trapped by the convention of courtesy and decorum. At least the table they were led to wasn't located right in the middle of the busy restaurant. Instead the waiter led them to a small booth to the side of the restaurant, just out of the way enough to offer them some privacy.
    When the waiter leaves, Staccata takes a look at the cosmic horror of a menu. There had to be mushrooms involved in the creation of this place, and not truffles.

"I think I'm going to pass on the limitless salad and breadstick soup."
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #1248
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

"I'm sure," She told Lochbed and then looked back at the store owner/clerk. "Could I get this double bagged?"
    "Sure, Miss" The white pony said. She pulls out another bag labelled "Aubade" and inserts the first bag in.

A look to the left will reveal the pale green baby just sitting there beside Aubade staring at her.

"Hello, Oh..I okay..."
    He walked to the door to open it, if it was unlocked, he'd help himself in and would stand awkwardly around.
    The door was unlocked. Inside the living room and kitchen would look a mess. Plates and dirt everywhere. In a flash however, a trio of black blur tidied the rooms to sparkly glory in an instant.

"Perks of a rich noble." said Grills as he walked down the the stair from upstairs. He was smoking and wearing the appropriate red smoking jacket. "What brings you, Ember?"
    Gitp's No. 1 Cake hater

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Troll in the Playground

That's about as dumbed down as I can make it. Just know that I made you tougher by singing. She replied, regrowing her horn and lifting him from his position on the ground with magic, though she let him stay laying on his back. Well we ain't gonna learn anything else here. Let's go back.

Well this felt familiar but he couldn't quite place when or where as he found himself floating in the air. "I do believe I can walk, Miss Hay Bale." He said as he tried to roll himself onto his belly, but it was..hard, so it just looked like he was flailing his hooves in the air.

"Sure, Miss" The white pony said. She pulls out another bag labelled "Aubade" and inserts the first bag in.

A look to the left will reveal the pale green baby just sitting there beside Aubade staring at her.
    Aubade would have questioned how the clerk knew her name, but Lochbed did say it aloud. Though it begged the question, how did the clerk know Lochbed's name to have it on their individual bags. The staring baby only added to the creepiness.

"I..uh..uhm..thank you again."

The door was unlocked. Inside the living room and kitchen would look a mess. Plates and dirt everywhere. In a flash however, a trio of black blur tidied the rooms to sparkly glory in an instant.

"Perks of a rich noble." said Grills as he walked down the the stair from upstairs. He was smoking and wearing the appropriate red smoking jacket. "What brings you, Ember?"

"I uh...got your magically sent letter...but a lot of it was unintelligible, so I wanted to ask you about that..."
    He said as his brain tried to wrap around what he just saw, in regards to the blurry images that cleaned up this mess in a flash.

20. - Top - End - #1250
    Ettin in the Playground

When the waiter leaves, Staccata takes a look at the cosmic horror of a menu. There had to be mushrooms involved in the creation of this place, and not truffles.

"I think I'm going to pass on the limitless salad and breadstick soup."
    Tyrol was studying the menu with all the interest of a horrified spectator. "I... didn't know there was such things like juice... soup. Comes in different flavours as well. Even has a burnt variety..."

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Titan in the Playground

Well this felt familiar but he couldn't quite place when or where as he found himself floating in the air. "I do believe I can walk, Miss Hay Bale." He said as he tried to roll himself onto his belly, but it was..hard, so it just looked like he was flailing his hooves in the air.
    Hay Bale rolled her eyes and flipped him onto his hooves. There ya go.

Extended Sig

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Titan in the Playground

Mystic's new house.

Mystic had mostly fixed the place up, when she decided to take a break. The "clones" were still attending to things while the main one decided to hang out with Faithful.

She made sure her presence was known, and then hugged and nuzzled Faithful. "Hiiii Sweetie." she says.

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Titan in the Playground

Faithful gave a wiiide smile, hugging back tightly!
    "Hiya love~"
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kelvin360 View Post
    She gives Blades a sidelong glance and raises an eyebrow. "I'm always acting strange. I just...thought I was done worrying about my past. Sometimes, being wrong is very...unlikeable."
    "Yar past? But that's not happenin' any more, is it? Unless, of course, ya're from the future, but that time-stuff mostly is too much confusion for ponies to do." Blades laughed. "So what's happened that bothered ya? Hopefully ya'll get over it soon enough. It's not a pleasant thing to have, 'n it's not very interestin' with everypony around havin' dark 'n mysterious pasts that they get upset about."

~

Some ash got into "Susan's" nose.
    When in doubt, use cute little dragons.

Game and roleplaying stuff.

The data is 1's and 0's. Life is the jazz. (Previous avatars)

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Faithful gave a wiiide smile, hugging back tightly!
    "Hiya love~"
    "What have you been up to? Are you doing okay?" she asks her. She's fairly worried about her since their last discussion where it seemed like Faith was a little too obsessed with war-like stuff.

26. - Top - End - #1256
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    "What have you been up to? Are you doing okay?" she asks her. She's fairly worried about her since their last discussion where it seemed like Faith was a little too obsessed with war-like stuff.
    "I've been singing." she says cheerfully.
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

27. - Top - End - #1257
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    "I've been singing." she says cheerfully.
    "Oh? Let's hear it then!" she says. She really likes good singing.

28. - Top - End - #1258
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    "Oh? Let's hear it then!" she says. She really likes good singing.
    Blink blink.
    She starts singing! She is a very good singer.

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Troll in the Playground

Hay Bale rolled her eyes and flipped him onto his hooves. There ya go.

"Thank you, though the eye roll wasn't necessary,"
    He said rolling his own eyes though he half smirked trying to be a little playful. He stretched his legs and took a look around his woodsy surroundings. He was starting to dislike them.
    ===

Gwynfillion

The plum mare laid there on her bench in her macabre garden, it had been a day or so since the dumb paladin came to visit and she was out of pina coladas and cookies. Curses. Ink Noir was out and about....doing something that Gwynfillion could care less about, something about spiders or was it butterflies? Whatever. So at the moment it was just her and occasionally the Dark Ones in her head. Though lately, they've been awfully quiet, snarking on her just once in a while.

She thought about the date, the paladin, and the strange feeling that had been lingering in her stomach. Maybe it was too many pina coladas and cookies, or maybe it was some sort of....new feeling cropping up of the emotion variety. Nah, totally, just too many cookies and pina coladas.

It did seem and feel though that her dreams of removing this collar were getting further out of reach. She dreaded being stuck in this form that only contained a smidgen of power. She longed to not be on the butt end of such a cosmic level joke.

She laid there, on her bench, bored out of her mind.
    Last edited by Benson; 2012-03-03 at 04:50 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1260
    Titan in the Playground

Soft

Soft was equally bored out of her mind. She was considering ditching her job and just visiting Gwyn. It's not like Smoothie couldn't run the bar.

However, she was pretty sure her visit wouldn't be all too appreciated by the planar-cidal mare, even if she did bring along Pina Colada and Cookies, so she stayed where she was.