New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Final Fantasy 7 Remake Trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
    You know, thinking about it I don't think that's any of them
    Dear sir, have you played VI? Setzer is a poster child for flamboyant and uses DICE AND CARDS. Also, he's totally the protagonist. Can't beat the game without his airships.

You know, call me weird, but I really want to know how they'll handle the cross dressing scene...
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

2. - Top - End - #32
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Dear sir, have you played VI? Setzer is a poster child for flamboyant and uses DICE AND CARDS. Also, he's totally the protagonist. Can't beat the game without his airships.

You know, call me weird, but I really want to know how they'll handle the cross dressing scene...
    Even in the scrum that usually develops over who is the protagonist of FFVI, Setzer can't really score above fifth, behind Edgar, Locke, Terra, and Celes.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Barbarian in the Playground

Some Final Fantasy protagonists wield improbable weapons, and some are super flamboyant, but not at the same time.

Cloud, for instance, is a blatant copy loving tribute to Guts with an improbably sized sword and rough demeanour, but he's rather staid in his presentation.

Whereas Tidus is the star of the Zanarkand catwalk but has a fairly standard set of swords.
    With hair as fabulous as Cloud's I'd classify it as not so manly. Also Squall.

4. - Top - End - #34

Quote Originally Posted by JadedDM View Post
    I look forward to playing it in 2035. It will help keep me busy while I wait for Kingdom Hearts 4.
    Well then, I'll look forward to it coming to whatever Nintendo console exists in 2057.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Hat View Post
    With hair as fabulous as Cloud's I'd classify it as not so manly. Also Squall.
    Let's be fair, the PS1 could only handle so much manliness and Barret took up most of the budget
    Chrono Crusade avi by Ceika.

Remember: Cough, Rough, Through, Though don't rhyme, but for some forsaken reason Pony and Bolonga do...
    They say history repeats itself, so does our constant use of emojis mean we're reverting back to Egyptian hieroglyphs?
    Extended Homebrew Signature

Steam Profile

6. - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Eh... heard this one before. What was it, four years ago? Not holding my breath.

Besides, I'm... not really a fan of VII. I know, I know, heresy and sacrilege, but I always felt that it was a huge let down after IV and VI. I didn't like how they portrayed ANY of the characters, playable or not, and felt that the game could have been so much better if they hadn't tried to go Hardcore Emo.

I mean, yea, one of the problems was that it fell into Uncanny Valley just like all the other first generation attempts at 3d, and a visual remake would definitely be able to fix that on modern hardware. But that's only the icing on the crap sandwich, at least in my personal opinion. Then again, I didn't like anything that came after VII, barring IX and maybe X, either. So maybe they just shifted their target market and I'm just not in it anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post
    Eh... heard this one before. What was it, four years ago? Not holding my breath.

Besides, I'm... not really a fan of VII. I know, I know, heresy and sacrilege, but I always felt that it was a huge let down after IV and VI. I didn't like how they portrayed ANY of the characters, playable or not, and felt that the game could have been so much better if they hadn't tried to go Hardcore Emo.

I mean, yea, one of the problems was that it fell into Uncanny Valley just like all the other first generation attempts at 3d, and a visual remake would definitely be able to fix that on modern hardware. But that's only the icing on the crap sandwich, at least in my personal opinion. Then again, I didn't like anything that came after VII, barring IX and maybe X, either. So maybe they just shifted their target market and I'm just not in it anymore.
    It's kind of why I never went back to play VII even when it did become available. On the one hand, you have all the people saying it's the best FF game of all time, and it typically landed in the top 10 of "best RPG of all time". On the other hand, nothing I've seen about the characters from other forms of media interest me in the least. One of the things I always liked about FF6 was that almost the entire cast are adults. With the exception of Relm, Terra seems to be the youngest in the cast and even her age is difficult to pin as a teenager. When it comes to the plot of FF7, the bits and pieces I've picked up from pop-culture osmosis also didn't particularly draw me in. I already know the big shock twist of Aeris/th dying, and the graphics for the cutscene were...not good. The PS1 was graphically hideous, as a rule, and FF7 was no exception.

At the same time though, I feel like I've missed this big cultural touchstone. I want to play it, just so that I've experienced it. I just can't bring myself to suffer through the PS1. Hopefully the remake will be of a similar quality to the Resident Evil 2 remake so that I can at least get a feel for it with improved gameplay.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

*shrug*

I liked VII well enough when I played it, but I don't feel any particular urge to go back to it, or really any of the JRPGs I've played. (Or for that matter, the modest number I have left half-complete or totally unplayed because I mre-or-less stopped using my PS2).

Square lost me a while ago, I'm afraid; at this point, I kind of don't trust them to not t screw it up a bit anyway.

If I want to re-live VII, there's always TeamFourStar's version...

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    I already know the big shock twist of Aeris/th dying, and the graphics for the cutscene were...not good.
    Speaking of, Machinabridged managed to do that scene a little bit better too.

For the record, X was always my favourite, too.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGirl

Some Final Fantasy protagonists wield improbable weapons, and some are super flamboyant, but not at the same time.

Cloud, for instance, is a blatant copy loving tribute to Guts with an improbably sized sword and rough demeanour, but he's rather staid in his presentation.

Whereas Tidus is the star of the Zanarkand catwalk but has a fairly standard set of swords.
    The meme of "Cloud has a big sword lol" never landed for me because I always saw the huge weapon as an artifact of tech/ art design. Cloud's sword is big just so you can see the details on it on the low poly models. Sure there are tiny weapons like Tifa's gloves, but the player doesn't see those until the closeups of Tifa's limit breaks. Cloud's big sword helps the player see who they are and what they are doing even when against giants like Midgar Zolom and Diamond Weapon.

Look back at earlier FFs and apply this same logic. 8 and 16 bit characters had artistic limitations of their own and had to use designs to cope with that as well. In FF5, the basic broadsword is already the size of a claymore on the character sprites and ridiculous weapons like Rune Axe are two people tall! I don't think it's a coincidence that better graphics eventually led to smaller weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by No brains View Post
    But as we've agreed, sometimes the real power was the friends we made along the way, including the DM. I wish I could go on more articulate rants about how I'm grateful for DMs putting in the effort on a hard job even when it isn't perfect.

10. - Top - End - #40

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by No brains View Post
    The meme of "Cloud has a big sword lol" never landed for me because I always saw the huge weapon as an artifact of tech/ art design. Cloud's sword is big just so you can see the details on it on the low poly models.
    There are plenty of equivalent era characters that aren't like that though, and whilst the in-game presentations might have been out of scale the art behind them never was.

Cloud is what he is because Guts, Sephiroth is what he is because Griffith. Tetsuya Nomura isn't even always that subtle with his Berserk influences either. The Lingering Will armour from Kingdom Hearts is even more blatantly the Berserker Armour.

(Berserk's release schedule makes it hard sometimes to account for how influential it has been in Japan, it basically kickstarted the idea of dark fantasy in Japan, with very few titles in the genre before it.)

11. - Top - End - #41
    Titan in the Playground

The PS1 was graphically hideous, as a rule, and FF7 was no exception.
    Now, that's not entirely true. While I will agree, the PS1 (and N64) were not ready for 3D games, FF VIII's cutscenes are quite pretty (for the time) and IX is... ok looking, overall.
    But yeah, I do prefer the 2S games of the era. But you had to have the early 3D, or we wouldn't have today's.

Even in the scrum that usually develops over who is the protagonist of FFVI, Setzer can't really score above fifth, behind Edgar, Locke, Terra, and Celes.
    Lies and slander. Locke and Terra aren't even required to finish the game. Also, who says you can only have one protaganist?

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    Square lost me a while ago, I'm afraid; at this point, I kind of don't trust them to not t screw it up a bit anyway.

If I want to re-live VII, there's always TeamFourStar's version...

Speaking of, Machinabridged managed to do that scene a little bit better too.
    I've heard good things about DQ XI but I haven't played it yet.

Machineabridged is a very mixed bag for me. Maybe because I'm also not that big a fan of VII but it seems like the humor is much more often very low flat, compared to DBZ or Hellsing. I mean, it's ok to watch, but really not great.
    "What's done is done."

12. - Top - End - #42

Flumph

Lies and slander. Locke and Terra aren't even required to finish the game. Also, who says you can only have one protaganist?
    You can have multiple protagonists, but Setzer doesn't meet the requirements of being a protagonist.

The protagonist of a story is the one that makes the driving decisions which shape the course of the story, and Setzer doesn't do that. Locke, Edgar, Celes, and Terra all have an active hand in shaping the narrative and the conflict first with the Empire and then with Kefka. Setzer is along for the ride in much the same way Cyan is.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Titan in the Playground

The protagonist of a story is the one that makes the driving decisions which shape the course of the story, and Setzer doesn't do that. Locke, Edgar, Celes, and Terra all have an active hand in shaping the narrative and the conflict first with the Empire and then with Kefka. Setzer is along for the ride in much the same way Cyan is.
    Hmm.. im a little doubtful about act 1. But i do think its rather clear Celes is the protagonist of act 2.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

14. - Top - End - #44

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Hmm.. im a little doubtful about act 1. But i do think its rather clear Celes is the protagonist of act 2.
    In act 1 it's Locke more than others.

(The character you are primarily in control of in a JRPG is not always the dramatic protagonist, and I'm not just talking about Vaan. The protagonist of Chrono Trigger is Marle. She makes the critical decisions that set the narrative in motion and define its course).

15. - Top - End - #45
    Titan in the Playground

I would say that disqualify Locke.
    As i recall from the gameplay the only really important choice Locke makes is to help Terra.
    Afterwards its more Edgar and Bannon who shapes the story. Terra mostly just agrees to their request.
    But she shows less of a personal agenda.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

16. - Top - End - #46
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I would have said it's split fairly between Terra and Locke as protagonists for Act 1. It's largely Terra's story to begin with (running away from the Empire and deciding to join the Returners) and then switching over to Locke around when she does her bottle rocket thing. Terra takes back over after the peace treaty. Once the floating continent hits, the focus is squarely on Celes until you get the second airship. After that, there isn't really a main protagonist anymore as the rest of the game is individual character stories and the final battle, which everybody takes part in.

Edgar is supporting protagonist at best. Him being required to beat the game is irrelevant - he is first supporting Terra/Locke and then supports Celes (who is making the decision to chase after him) in Act 2.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ShneekeyTheLost View Post

"Hardcore Emo" is not actually a think in FF7 itself except for a very brief stretch right after one of the Big Reveals. Most of the game has the whole cast being primarily upebeat and enthusaistic. Pretty much everybody (including SE, based on later media in the franchises) has the entire cast's characterization all screwed up - the most striking example being the two main female leads. AERIS is the "tomboy", TIFA is the "girly-girl" - most of the pop-culture presense and later references seem to think it is the other way around due to appearance and combat role.

It's kind of why I never went back to play VII even when it did become available. On the one hand, you have all the people saying it's the best FF game of all time, and it typically landed in the top 10 of "best RPG of all time". On the other hand, nothing I've seen about the characters from other forms of media interest me in the least. One of the things I always liked about FF6 was that almost the entire cast are adults. With the exception of Relm, Terra seems to be the youngest in the cast and even her age is difficult to pin as a teenager. When it comes to the plot of FF7, the bits and pieces I've picked up from pop-culture osmosis also didn't particularly draw me in. I already know the big shock twist of Aeris/th dying, and the graphics for the cutscene were...not good. The PS1 was graphically hideous, as a rule, and FF7 was no exception.

At the same time though, I feel like I've missed this big cultural touchstone. I want to play it, just so that I've experienced it. I just can't bring myself to suffer through the PS1. Hopefully the remake will be of a similar quality to the Resident Evil 2 remake so that I can at least get a feel for it with improved gameplay.
    As mentioned above, you get a ludicrously skewed image of the plot and characters from "pop-cultural osmosis". If you don't want to play through the original, don't wait for the remake that they're probably going to screw up. Just read this extremely comprehensive LP.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

I didn't expect my humorous remark to lead to a lengthy discussion..
    But in all seriousness, I think it's impossible to reduce VI's cast down to one protagonist. Yes, some are more peripheral but like six can be counted as essential to the events to take the title. (or we just use Dissidia to decide)

It's probably due to me not having played the game too often but VII is probably the game where I feel I know the least about the character of the PCs of any FF I played. Especially for Aeris I can at best say 'the nice quirky one' and for Tifa I draw a total blank.
    "What's done is done."

19. - Top - End - #49

Flumph

It doesn’t help that the original translation of FF7 is absolute garbage, even beyond its many many proofreading failures.

Whole characters get derailed and charicatured (especially Barrett, it might surprise you to know he is not in fact a weak Mr. T clone in the original script).

In fact it wasn’t until 9 that there was any contact between translation team and original writers. (Kids these days don’t know how good you have it)

20. - Top - End - #50
    Titan in the Playground

I think the mindset behind most video game translations was very different from today..
    You either got 'who can read Japanese? Good, get translating, you have until tomorrow' or sometimes (I assume) failed comedy writers trying their hand at making kid friendly, 'timely' humor. (Looking at you, Nintendo Germany... Or Woolsey..)
    But it's better than the 80s when the same thing happened in Japan 'here, intern, grab an English dictionary, you have two hours'
    Last edited by Kato; 2019-05-13 at 11:13 AM.

21. - Top - End - #51

Calling Tidus the star of the Zanarkand catwalk is the high point of the thread so far.

As for me... FFVII may be my favorite game of all time. However, this is 99% due to nostalgia. It’s only the second RPG I played (the first being Phantasy Star IV), and at an impressionable age (10 or 11). Looking back... it’s really not that good. Objectively, I don’t think it’s in the top 10 greatest RPGs of all time, definitely not top 10 games.

Still, I love it, and am excited for the remake. And unlike some, am not afraid SE will botch it. I’ve come to like not random battles.

I’m afraid the materia system will be trash though. Maybe magic too. And Vincent’s limit breaks.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

22. - Top - End - #52

Flumph

I think the mindset behind most video game translations was very different from today..
    You either got 'who can read Japanese? Good, get translating, you have until tomorrow' or sometimes (I assume) failed comedy writers trying their hand at making kid friendly, 'timely' humor. (Looking at you, Nintendo Germany... Or Woolsey..)
    But it's better than the 80s when the same thing happened in Japan 'here, intern, grab an English dictionary, you have two hours'
    Fairly accurate. The original FF7 translation was done by one guy in two weeks.

Did you know Cloud originally had a catchphrase? Chances are no because it got translated differently every time.

Which isn’t super important but does rather change the impression of him as a character.

(We were all just distracted from the horror because Xenogears had it even worse)

23. - Top - End - #53

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Calling Tidus the star of the Zanarkand catwalk is the high point of the thread so far.

As for me... FFVII may be my favorite game of all time. However, this is 99% due to nostalgia. It’s only the second RPG I played (the first being Phantasy Star IV), and at an impressionable age (10 or 11). Looking back... it’s really not that good. Objectively, I don’t think it’s in the top 10 greatest RPGs of all time, definitely not top 10 games.

Still, I love it, and am excited for the remake. And unlike some, am not afraid SE will botch it. I’ve come to like not random battles.

I’m afraid the materia system will be trash though. Maybe magic too. And Vincent’s limit breaks.
    Key thing of note, though. It was definitely top 10, relative to the time it was made. There was plenty of competition - JRPGs were biggest at that time period - yet this is the game that lasted. Witcher 3 is amazing now, and I bet it'll be an obscure part of RPG history in 20 years' time, too.

I actually enjoyed the action-rpg playstyle that SE has adopted for the Final Fantasy series. Lightning Returns is one of my favorite games, and Final Fantasy XV is actually a lot of fun (although the storyboarding needs a bit more work, lots of frustrating bits). Kingdom Hearts 3 was incredibly smooth, their Dissidia games have been a ton of fun, and I doubt that the remake of their biggest game of all time would be anything but a step forward.

For the materia system, they just have to look at how they implemented the ability system for Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep. It's actually almost identical to the original materia system, designed for a real-time action game, and it's been considered the best ability system in the series. Literally all they have to do is look at what worked in their other games, and put it all together.
    Last edited by Man_Over_Game; 2019-05-16 at 04:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by KOLE View Post
    MOG, design a darn RPG system. Seriously, the amount of ideas I’ve gleaned from your posts has been valuable. You’re a gem of the community here.

5th Edition Homebrewery
    Prestige Options, changing primary attributes to open a world of new multiclassing.
    Adrenaline Surge, fitting Short Rests into combat to fix bosses/Short Rest Classes.
    Pain, using Exhaustion to make tactical martial combatants.
    Fate Sorcery, lucky winner of the 5e D&D Subclass Contest VII!

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

Fairly accurate. The original FF7 translation was done by one guy in two weeks.

Did you know Cloud originally had a catchphrase? Chances are no because it got translated differently every time.

Which isn’t super important but does rather change the impression of him as a character.

(We were all just distracted from the horror because Xenogears had it even worse)
    "Not interested" is the only catchphrase I know he uses regularly.

25. - Top - End - #55

Quote Originally Posted by Man_Over_Game View Post
    Key thing of note, though. It was definitely top 10, relative to the time it was made. There was plenty of competition - JRPGs were biggest at that time period - yet this is the game that lasted. Witcher 3 is amazing now, and I bet it'll be an obscure part of RPG history in 20 years' time, too.

I actually enjoyed the action-rpg playstyle that SE has adopted for the Final Fantasy series. Lightning Returns is one of my favorite games, and Final Fantasy XV is actually a lot of fun (although the storyboarding needs a bit more work, lots of frustrating bits). Kingdom Hearts 3 was incredibly smooth, their Dissidia games have been a ton of fun, and I doubt that the remake of their biggest game of all time would be anything but a step forward.

For the materia system, they just have to look at how they implemented the ability system for Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep. It's actually almost identical to the original materia system, designed for a real-time action game, and it's been considered the best ability system in the series. Literally all they have to do is look at what worked in their other games, and put it all together.
    Agreed!

For how not good XIII and XIII-2 were, Lightning Returns is one of my favorites.

Same for XV, lotsa fun with an unpolished plot. I never got particularly good at combat though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck_II View Post
    "Not interested" is the only catchphrase I know he uses regularly.
    I’m curious what his original catchphrase was. A bit of googling didn’t prove fruitful.
    My one and only handbook: My Totemist Handbook
    My one and only homebrew: Book of Flux
    Spoiler
    Show
    A comment on tiers, by Prime32
    Quote Originally Posted by KillianHawkeye View Post
    As a DM, I deal with character death by cheering and giving a fist pump, or maybe a V-for-victory sign. I would also pat myself on the back, but I can't really reach around like that.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ

26. - Top - End - #56
    Titan in the Playground

I really should get around to playing XV... I bought it for steam but realized my pc isn't quite up to it. Also, I'm not sure I like the open world thing.. And I might be getting too old for the battle system.
    "What's done is done."

27. - Top - End - #57

I really should get around to playing XV... I bought it for steam but realized my pc isn't quite up to it. Also, I'm not sure I like the open world thing.. And I might be getting too old for the battle system.
    I'm definitely getting too old for all this arpg nonsense. Even on easy I had a tough time in FF15. I am hoping they throw us some sort of bone in ff7 and have an option for a slower paced combat. Doesn't need to be fully turn based, I was perfectly happy making my way through Mass effect, despite being terrible at shooters or aiming in general by spamming powers with a short cool down and hiding behind cover between cooldowns.

If we get half the materia customization 7 had originally, I'll be happy if there's some loadout similar to the old counterattack or counter magic materias, or the ability to set npc ai to run up and tank and let me fire off Auto locking magic, I'll be pretty happy.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

28. - Top - End - #58

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    I'm definitely getting too old for all this arpg nonsense. Even on easy I had a tough time in FF15. I am hoping they throw us some sort of bone in ff7 and have an option for a slower paced combat. Doesn't need to be fully turn based, I was perfectly happy making my way through Mass effect, despite being terrible at shooters or aiming in general by spamming powers with a short cool down and hiding behind cover between cooldowns.

If we get half the materia customization 7 had originally, I'll be happy if there's some loadout similar to the old counterattack or counter magic materias, or the ability to set npc ai to run up and tank and let me fire off Auto locking magic, I'll be pretty happy.
    FFXV is "action paced", but it's not quite the same as what you'd expect from an "action game".

For example, you spend most of your time holding down the attack button and moving your character in the direction that's the enemy's rear end. When you're not doing that, you're scanning enemies to view their weaknesses, so you can equip the right weapon, and THEN you hold the attack button.

You can do some fun stuff by getting the special ability to play as one of your teammates, who each have their own special playstyles (Gladio is a reaction-based tank, parrying attacks perfectly and then dealing massive damage. Ignus just kinda deals a ton of melee damage to groups of enemies and hopes he doesn't die. Prompto becomes useful and basically plays as a third person shooter), but doing so is definitely not required.

Most of the game comes down to:

• Wearing the right gear.
    • Being the right level.
    • Learning when to stop holding CIRCLE to start holding SQUARE.
    • Attack the enemy's butt.

Kingdom Hearts was a proper action game, but it always has been. That's been true since before Final Fantasy X.
    Last edited by Man_Over_Game; 2019-05-17 at 12:28 PM.
    MOG, design a darn RPG system. Seriously, the amount of ideas I’ve gleaned from your posts has been valuable. You’re a gem of the community here.

5th Edition Homebrewery
    Prestige Options, changing primary attributes to open a world of new multiclassing.
    Adrenaline Surge, fitting Short Rests into combat to fix bosses/Short Rest Classes.

29. - Top - End - #59

Quote Originally Posted by danzibr View Post
    Same for XV, lotsa fun with an unpolished plot. I never got particularly good at combat though.
    Noctis is actually really bad, unless you invest heavily into his skydash stuff. He just dies so friggin' easily, and his damage is always subpar. His only saving grace is that he's the only person on the team that can use a sword, a spear (Ignis barely uses his) or use summons.

How you ACTUALLY get good at the game is by getting the abilities that let you play as other people. Gladio is nearly indestructible, and just straight up murders anything that's weak to greatswords. Ignus melts entire armies of units that happen to be weak to ice or daggers, which happen to be a LOT.

But Prompto. Prompto is the game changer. With him, you can safely keep your distance from the actual fight, and continue to shoot a hail of bullets at the enemy. Or fire a rocket launcher. It doesn't matter. The amount of damage Prompto does when you're playing him is insane, and the rest is just about kiting. The bosses will always target whoever the player is playing as, so you need to learn how to use obstacles to slow down enemies, and revert back to Noctis when sh** hits the fan. When the night Daemons come out, and there's the friggin' titan that's resistant to all non-holy damage, Prompto is how I win (by just kiting and dwindling that sucker down).

Once I started playing as the other characters, the game got so much easier. Noctis does well if I need to cast spells, or kill something that's flying (if that thing is not weak to bullets for some reason), but otherwise Noctis just isn't good. At least, not compared to when the player is playing his teammates.
    Last edited by Man_Over_Game; 2019-05-17 at 03:15 PM.

5th Edition Homebrewery

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Man_Over_Game View Post
    This sounds amazing. And after seeing the connection here explains why I enjoyed the mechanics of KH:BBs so much. To see that combined with the FFVII remake would be fantastic.

As for actually seeing FFVII:R, I'm not holding my breath at this point. With how it keeps dropping off the radar for prolonged periods of time, I'll save my hype for if/when I see it on a store shelf. At least I have FFXIV: Shadowbringers to look forward to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    Dwarf Fortress would like to have a word with you. The word is decorated with bands of microcline and meanaces with spikes of rose gold. On the word is an image of the word in cinnabar.
    Quote Originally Posted by kpenguin View Post
    This is an image of Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses engraved in sandstone. Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses is leaving Trotknives. Trotknives is on fire and full of goblins. This image refers to the destruction of Trotknives in late winter of 109 by Wookietank the Destroyer of Fortresses.