New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 32 of 42 FirstFirst ... 72223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #931
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Crack Pairings VIII - We Need A Half-Elf Template

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post
    I dunno, the second seems kinda out of character for V...
    Really? I thought one of V's problems was not appreciating that other people can think for themselves too...
    This post may contain sarcasm.
    DeviantArt

2. - Top - End - #932
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Please, by all means, discuss this further. I'd love to hear both of your opinions on this matter...
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

3. - Top - End - #933
    Troll in the Playground

Post Re: Crack Pairings VIII - We Need A Half-Elf Template

Quote Originally Posted by Zanaril View Post
    Really? I thought one of V's problems was not appreciating that other people can think for themselves too...
    Depending on when in the comic this would be, ze could be learning to avoid that line of thinking.

Personally, I think either idea could fit Vaarsuvius. The former applying simply to "I want to be with Elan, so they must be broken up" justification(and V would likely want justification for something like that). The latter applying to hir still-everpresent devious side.

EDIT: I've decided on my next project after my current Belkar/Vaarsuvius fic is done: Belkar/Miko.
    Last edited by Debatra; 2010-04-05 at 12:36 PM.
    Kaedanis Pyran, tai faernae.

The LA Assignment Threads: Attempting to Make Monsters Playable Since 2016

My Homebrewer's Extended Signature
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Roland just endorsed a crack pairing?

Did... did we break the universe?
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyQuatch View Post
    It is a major flaw in the game. Destroy a moon? Sure. Talk to somebody a hundred miles away, that's going to be difficult.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizban View Post
    Realistically speaking... D&D style magic doesn't exist, so... let's ignore reality.

4. - Top - End - #934
    Barbarian in the Playground

hey, a new ship.

Its ReddyXTsusiko

Spoiler
    Show
    “To the 9 hells with your plan!” yelled redcloak as he slammed the door. Xykon was driving the goblin and hobgoblin race into the ground. The Dark One’s will won’t be fulfilled at this rate. “Maybe I should just quit” Redcloak thought to himself. “The torture of the afterlife is but stubbing a toe compared to Xykon.”

“Old bones being mean to ya, Reddy?” Tsusiko said with a grin.

“Please, no more of your crap Tsusiko. My race and the will of my god is on the line here. What do you have to lose? Nothing. You are just a spell casting lackey here for the undead and nothing more. Maybe when you have something at stake in this situation, then you can talk.”

“Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.” Tsusiko remarked.

“Well sorry, but I have a mountain of stress to deal with. No one else seems to be a responsible leader, and I have to help Xykon get his phylactery back from some murky hole. No one can relate. No one knows what that excuse of a sorcerer puts me through.”

“We all have to take what he does. Quit complaining about it, it won’t solve anything.”

“Fine, besides we have a job to do. Something about elves in a prison center. They say we have a lot of dead.” Redcloak grumbled as he went to the slaughter.

“Oh gods, this is a nightmare” said Redcloak as he entered the prison. Dead Hobgoblins, everywhere. The blood stained the ground. Trained priests were cut down. “Yay, more children!” yelled Tsusiko as she got to work.

Redcloak sat down in despair “this is exactly what I am talking about. To Xykon we are just lambs to the slaughter. He doesn’t get we are just as important as him. And If I try to act against him, I am deader than you can say “meteor swarm” I need somebody who is not just a meat shield, or a fearing soldier. I need a real friend.” Reddy said muttering to himself.

Tsusiko listened intently to what he said. She knew what it was like to be lonely. Before she joined Xykon, people considered her a crazy witch.” Do you think that person has levels in mystical theurge?” she said stopping her work.

“ Ya, I think they do” said Redcloak with a smile “I think they do”

sorry if it was quick. comments and criticism appreciated.
    Last edited by icastflare!; 2010-04-05 at 01:32 PM.
    Avatar of a Drow priestess by Teutonic Knight.

This is where I put my writings. Want to take a look?

5. - Top - End - #935
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Please, by all means, discuss this further. I'd love to hear both of your opinions on this matter...
    Well, since you specifically asked, I'll present my humble opinion:

I personally find it a little hard to believe that V would try to steal Elan from Haley just like that. I mean, she seems to be the best friend hir has, and well, stealing boyfriends is just not something you do to a close friend. Then again if hir had some reason to be mad at Haley and wanted her hurt...well, we all know that V isn't exactly against revenge. (Even if hir regretted later what hir had done)

Hmm...or what if V came to conclusion that Elan isn't good enough for Haley (because he's not very intelligent, can seem unreliable at times, his general 'Elanishness' is annoying) and tries to break them up, only to fall for him hirself in the process?

...Naah, just my usual rambling...

6. - Top - End - #936
    Pixie in the Playground

Both storylines are radically different... Which one do you think I should go with?
    I'm not sure.
    I think, Haley went through too much troubles to be with Elan. And for what? For just using him? Seriously, why would she do something like that?
    But on the other side... I must agree with Coffee, it really is kinda of character for hir.

I thought one of V's problems was not appreciating that other people can think for themselves too...
    Well, of course V’s not the person who usually cares much about the other's opinion (or the others themselves, for that matter), but COME ON! Haley has been hir friend for a long time now, and I think she’s the one V really likes (not tolerates). And if V will selfishly steal her boyfriend, wouldn’t it be just… too much?
    It's just a little bit more complicated than that...

Quote Originally Posted by Debatra View Post
    I've decided on my next project after my current Belkar/Vaarsuvius fic is done: Belkar/Miko.
    Wow, you're EEEEVIL, you know that? XD

icastflare, wow, that was sweet!
    I've always thought Tsukiko and Reddy has a… fruitful… basis for developing a relationship.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by CWater View Post
    Hmm...or what if V came to conclusion that Elan isn't good enough for Haley (because he's not very intelligent, can seem unreliable at times, his general 'Elanishness' is annoying) and tries to break them up, only to fall for him hirself in the process?
    Uh... wait, wasn't V in love with Elan already? It's going to be a sequel after all... ^^
    But, anyway, I must say I agree with you, CWater.
    Last edited by Lavieru; 2010-04-05 at 02:03 PM.
    Except for death and paying taxes, everything in life is only for now... (c)

7. - Top - End - #937
    Firbolg in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by icastflare! View Post
    hey, a new ship.
    I liked it. The atmosphere was nice (okay, nice is perhaps not the best word possible, but you know what I mean) and those thoughts about Xykon really sounded like Reddy. The last line came a little out of nowhere though, why did he change his opinion about Tsukiko so sudden?

Quote Originally Posted by Lavieru View Post
    Uh... wait, wasn't V in love with Elan already? It's going to be a sequel after all... ^^
    Oops, must've missed that one...

8. - Top - End - #938

Quote Originally Posted by CWater View Post
    I liked it. The atmosphere was nice (okay, nice is perhaps not the best word possible, but you know what I mean) and those thoughts about Xykon really sounded like Reddy. The last line came a little out of nowhere though, why did he change his opinion about Tsukiko so sudden?

Oops, must've missed that one...
    it was for once, tsusiko was being friendly. in the entire story and the comic, she is a heartless B to reddy. maybe he liked the change of attitude.

EDIT: Working on my squikie story.. Its squicktastic!

EDIT EDIT: my story! it is done This is Icastflare!'s Entry for April Squickie award! It is Vx the beholder from comic 32.

Spoiler
    Show
    Vaarsuvius awoke in a damp chamber. All she remembered was the venturing in the dungeon of durokan and being knocked out by a goblin. She saw a note lying on the ground next to her.

Hello little elf. You have been captured and you will do my will. If you don’t, you will suffer beyond what you believe possible. If you do it without complaint, I might let you go. In the next room, there is a creature I want you to……… “Closely Examine.” The creature will not attack you if you follow my directions, but if you do not do what I say, I will make it kill you.

-Xykon the lich

The name Xykon ran a bell in her head. It was the name of the lich her adventuring party was fighting. She thought the whole ordeal was pointless. She attempted to cast a spell, but it fizzled out. The walls of the room were scribed with runes. The only way she could escape is following the lich’s orders. She found the door the lich had mentioned and opened the door.

She entered the door and saw a horrible creature. It was a beholder, the one from when the lawyers took away the mind flayer squid thing. Only it was…….different. It was wearing bunny ears in between its eye stocks. Is had chocolate stains near its mouth. V knew it was because of a human holiday called Easter, but this was just strange.

And V has to “closely examine” this thing. What kind of sick perverted bastard was Xykon? But she had a small urge of desire. She wanted to try something new. She would probably be the first to do this task. she also wanted to know exactly how beholders reproduced.

The beholder then noticed V. “Hello” it said. It was now understood that it was under the spell “Dominate Monster” “Would you like to find out where I hid the Easter eggs?” it said. V was going to find out about beholder anatomy and have fun doing it.

I think I went insane writing this.
    Last edited by icastflare!; 2010-04-05 at 03:25 PM.

9. - Top - End - #939

hey, a new ship.

Its ReddyXTsusiko

Spoiler
    Show
    “To the 9 hells with your plan!” yelled redcloak as he slammed the door. Xykon was driving the goblin and hobgoblin race into the ground. The Dark One’s will won’t be fulfilled at this rate. “Maybe I should just quit” Redcloak thought to himself. “The torture of the afterlife is but stubbing a toe compared to Xykon.”

“Old bones being mean to ya, Reddy?” Tsusiko said with a grin.

“Please, no more of your crap Tsusiko. My race and the will of my god is on the line here. What do you have to lose? Nothing. You are just a spell casting lackey here for the undead and nothing more. Maybe when you have something at stake in this situation, then you can talk.”

“Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.” Tsusiko remarked.

“Well sorry, but I have a mountain of stress to deal with. No one else seems to be a responsible leader, and I have to help Xykon get his phylactery back from some murky hole. No one can relate. No one knows what that excuse of a sorcerer puts me through.”

“We all have to take what he does. Quit complaining about it, it won’t solve anything.”

“Fine, besides we have a job to do. Something about elves in a prison center. They say we have a lot of dead.” Redcloak grumbled as he went to the slaughter.

“Oh gods, this is a nightmare” said Redcloak as he entered the prison. Dead Hobgoblins, everywhere. The blood stained the ground. Trained priests were cut down. “Yay, more children!” yelled Tsusiko as she got to work.

Redcloak sat down in despair “this is exactly what I am talking about. To Xykon we are just lambs to the slaughter. He doesn’t get we are just as important as him. And If I try to act against him, I am deader than you can say “meteor swarm” I need somebody who is not just a meat shield, or a fearing soldier. I need a real friend.” Reddy said muttering to himself.

Tsusiko listened intently to what he said. She knew what it was like to be lonely. Before she joined Xykon, people considered her a crazy witch.” Do you think that person has levels in mystical theurge?” she said stopping her work.

“ Ya, I think they do” said Redcloak with a smile “I think they do”

sorry if it was quick. comments and criticism appreciated.
    D'aaaaaaaw!
    Avatar by me...yup that's how good my drawing is. As in not very good.

Crack-Pairings, Not Dead Just Moved. Someone Hasn't Been Looking In The Right Places.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Caleniel View Post
    Taekwondodo - your nick and your avatar are terrific. I want to award you something... how about enough melons to see you through the next ice age?

10. - Top - End - #940
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Well, would I ever read a crack paring story about the creation of just about any polymeric molecule, I'm sure that my brain would implode from the rapid brain cell decay.
    A challenge!

Spoiler
    Show
    What sparked it was the bonus strip in DStP where V tells Elan how water molecules are formed when two hydrogen elementals and one oxygen elemental meet...

Is anyone up to the task?

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

11. - Top - End - #941
    Ettin in the Playground

{Scrubbed. Forum Rules apply in PMs as well as threads. While we don't review your PMs, you shouldn't advertise that you're breaking the Forum Rules via PM.}
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2010-04-05 at 04:41 PM.

12. - Top - End - #942
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MasamuneSSX View Post
    {Scrubbed}
    Meesa interestedsa.
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2010-04-05 at 04:42 PM.

Oooh, and that's a bad miss.

“Don't exercise your freedom of speech until you have exercised your freedom of thought.”
    ― Tim Fargo

13. - Top - End - #943
    Ogre in the Playground

{scrubbed}
    This I've got to see.

EDIT EDIT: my story! it is done This is Icastflare!'s Entry for April Squickie award! It is Vx the beholder from comic 32.

You've ruined Easter for me.

Not that it was ever that much fun, but meh.
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2010-04-05 at 04:42 PM.
    DeviantArt

14. - Top - End - #944

{Scrubbed}
    I am interested. after writing my story for the squickie, I am not sure anything can squick me out anymore. Then again I could be wrong.

This I've got to see.

You've ruined Easter for me.

Not that it was ever that much fun, but meh.
    but was it squickie enough for ya
    Last edited by Roland St. Jude; 2010-04-05 at 04:43 PM.

15. - Top - End - #945
    Pixie in the Playground

Man, I think I went insane reading this!
    Very original, I must say! I'm sure I would never come up with such an idea! Can I borrow your imagination for a while?
    ...No, wait. If I do that I might actually picture all that in my head. And then I would need to scratch my brain out… XD
    Last edited by Lavieru; 2010-04-05 at 04:13 PM.

16. - Top - End - #946

Quote Originally Posted by Lavieru View Post
    Man, I think I went insane reading this!
    Very original, I must say! I'm sure I would never come up with such an idea! Can I borrow your imagination for a while?
    ...No, wait. If I do that I might actually picture all that in my head. And then I would need to scratch my brain out… XD
    heh. thank you. I have another Idea for a squikie that just the thought is on the cthulhu scary border here. but It can wait till next contest

17. - Top - End - #947
    Titan in the Playground

Liked em both, Flare. ^_^

Oh, and I dunno what you were saying wrong, but that IS what we have the Forum-that-shall-not-be-linked-to for. XD
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

18. - Top - End - #948

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Liked em both, Flare. ^_^

Oh, and I dunno what you were saying wrong, but that IS what we have the Forum-that-shall-not-be-linked-to for. XD
    thanks lix.I try to think of something obscure to base my works on.

19. - Top - End - #949
    Ettin in the Playground

Um.

Point made Roland - I'll behave.

20. - Top - End - #950
    Colossus in the Playground

Wait, what? (Damn, I was out with my friend and I missed the good stuff...)

Just kidding, Roland! I would have stopped it if I were here!

21. - Top - End - #951
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateWench

Terribly sorry about my extended hiatus. Believe me, it wasn't my idea.
    So, how much have I missed?

22. - Top - End - #952
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

As previously stated, this would be a sequal to the VxElan story. And yes, I realize V just randomly deciding to break them up for no reason is out of character. That's why I thought V finding out Haley didn't love Elan would make a good plot hook to inspire her into action. But unfortunately, that's out of character for Haley. Although, she is a master of deception and control - her daddy was a 1st Edition Rogue, remember? So it seems possible she could have just played Elan like a lute in order to have some fun and steal his share of the loot.

Thoughts? Advice? Help?

23. - Top - End - #953
    Troll in the Playground

Lightbulb Re: Crack Pairings VIII - We Need A Half-Elf Template

As previously stated, this would be a sequal to the VxElan story. And yes, I realize V just randomly deciding to break them up for no reason is out of character. That's why I thought V finding out Haley didn't love Elan would make a good plot hook to inspire her into action. But unfortunately, that's out of character for Haley. Although, she is a master of deception and control - her daddy was a 1st Edition Rogue, remember? So it seems possible she could have just played Elan like a lute in order to have some fun and steal his share of the loot.

Thoughts? Advice? Help?
    I think it depends on whether or not the "V breaks them up" part is essential for you. If it is, I'd say a few gentle nudges against the Canon are in order. If not, then go all out AU. If you want to stay true to the Canon so far, I think today's update just screwed you over.
    Last edited by Debatra; 2010-04-05 at 11:41 PM.

Show

It is a major flaw in the game. Destroy a moon? Sure. Talk to somebody a hundred miles away, that's going to be difficult.
    Realistically speaking... D&D style magic doesn't exist, so... let's ignore reality.

24. - Top - End - #954
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

New update?

Actually, V wasn't the one who was going to do the actual breaking up. Belkar is.

25. - Top - End - #955
    Troll in the Playground

Exclamation Re: Crack Pairings VIII - We Need A Half-Elf Template

New update?

Actually, V wasn't the one who was going to do the actual breaking up. Belkar is.
    In retrospect, this may be best in a spoiler, in case I've figured out the plot twist. Lycan, please tell me if I'm right.

...You actually think he would have any qualms about causing misery? Sure, V may not like the idea, but Belkar would go in full-throttle. Then again, what reason could he have to do it?

... Belkar/Haley sub-plot?

EDIT: Safe to say this can be un-spoilered now.
    Last edited by Debatra; 2010-04-06 at 12:02 AM.

Show

26. - Top - End - #956
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Belkar wouldn't be actively trying to kill them. Just their love life.

Really, it was more an excuse to show interesting interaction between V and Belkar. I.... hm.......

Y'know what, scratch that. Scratch the whole idea. I've got a better one. No action. No plots. Instead, what if the situation remains the same - Haley and Elan are happy together, but V is depressed in her unrequieted love. Now what happens when Belkar finds out?

The answers may surprise you.

27. - Top - End - #957
    Troll in the Playground

eek Re: Crack Pairings VIII - We Need A Half-Elf Template

Belkar wouldn't be actively trying to kill them. Just their love life.

Really, it was more an excuse to show interesting interaction between V and Belkar. I.... hm.......

Y'know what, scratch that. Scratch the whole idea. I've got a better one. No action. No plots. Instead, what if the situation remains the same - Haley and Elan are happy together, but V is depressed in her unrequieted love. Now what happens when Belkar finds out?

Hmm. Do I smell comforting!Belkar/Vaarsuvius?

Wait... Did I just use the word comforting... to refer to Belkar?

Last edited by Debatra; 2010-04-06 at 12:07 AM.

Show

28. - Top - End - #958

Griffon

Those were good icastflare!

I think that V would be willing to break Haley and Elan up if V justified it to Vself. Obviously, there relationship has no long-term potential. I'm doing this to help them as they cannot realise this for themselves. Romane needas more than passion. Like all things it needs to be developed with thought and insight. I have experiance with marriage after all. I'm obviously a better match for Elan as my mind will compensate for his stupidity. Miss. Starshinre will easily find a more suitable match.

Of course, Belkar comforting V would be...amusing.

Symmys: I'd have to check. Hold on a sec.

29. - Top - End - #959
    Ogre in the Playground

Hot halfling-on-elf action, surely.

Or would it be elf-on-halfling action?
    DeviantArt

30. - Top - End - #960
    Pixie in the Playground

Uh... Ok, I'm just lost. XD

Yay! As a B/V shipper I might just say “Go for it!”
    And Sereg is right; Belkar trying to comfort someone should be hilarious! XD

Now, about V/Elan. I think, Sereg’s explanation sounds rather believable.
    Or V might find out that Haley begins to grow tired of Elan because of his behavior (or because their relationship wasn’t turning out like she expected it would). She didn’t want to upset Elan, so she was silent, but V saw they’re just not meant for each other and decided to act.
    Or Haley and Elan might begin to fight very often. That could cause some problems for the whole Order. V might start thinking that if they can’t work together properly it could put their super-important-mission in danger. Hence V would be obligated to prevent that and therefore break them up. (and take Elan for hirself )
    Or something like that.