New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: The Hayle Region (IC)

"Hi there, uhm, we're looking for Pricilla," Adam began with a touch of nervousness, "I saw her post on the bulletin board and I'd like to find out a bit more about it,"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

Hug me, you know you want to.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Firbolg in the Playground

Father had always been as hot-headed as his mount, but this was bold. No, this crossed the border from bold to insane. Angus knew that after today, things would never be the same in the Fortress again. A line had just been drawn between the Order and the Family. Angus wants to say something, but it would likely only serve to enrage his father more. Instead, before he lives, Angus sends a pleading look at Androssi. Please, don't kill him. What the boy doesn't see on his way out is Gladia staring hard and coldly at the downed Roderick...

As Angus hurries down the torch-lit corridors of the gym, he skids to a stop as he realizes something. My shield! Angus quickly begins navigating his way to the armory.

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Dominic laughs. "Are you buying then? I wouldn't say that if you are." Whether or not she actually buys for him, he gets a very bitter veggie wrap. If he gets any weird looks about it, he shrugs. "It's... Arlo's favorite flavor... I started eating it when I met him. I guess I was trying to understand him better. I dunno, don't look at me weird."

4. - Top - End - #214
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler: Stats
    Show
    Ray - HP: 57 Initiative: 10 Evasions: ATK 1 SATK 1 ANY 2 Injuries: 0
    Jasper - HP: 6 Initiative: 20 Evasions: ATK 1 SATK 1 ANY 4 Injuries: 0

Ray really didn't care what Yellow was doing. He was far more concerned about Jasper who had just been pummeled by the Pikachu. His Joltik looked to be in seriously bad shape and so he rushed forward again to apply a potion to the poor little tick. "We can still win this, buddy!"

Spoiler: Round 3
    Show
    Ray moves to Q3 and gives Jasper a potion to heal him 20 HP.

* post roll count doesn't match database
    Last edited by Blind Venetian; 2015-08-19 at 12:09 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Dashwood

“Had every Athenian citizen been a Socrates, every Athenian assembly would still have been a mob.” -- The Federalist No. 55

5. - Top - End - #215
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Somehow Gelver managed to dodge the Snubbul's tongue, sliding across the ground to dodge the canine's assault.

Marcus, on the other hand, isn't so lucky. Blow after blow of the knife rains down on him, cutting him in half a dozen places. The pawn's kick connects heavily as well, sending Marcus to one knee and, for the moment, all but disabling him.

"Gelver, finish off the Snubbul! Pound!" he cries through the pain, looking in amazement at Puck and his strange powers and marveling at the Lotad's amazing self-healing orb. "Thanks," he manages to mutter before he looks back at the man in the mask before him, more than a little concerned about what is about to transpire.

Gelver, obviously nearly as terrified as his owner, leaps forward, slamming a small fist into the side of the Snubbul.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Marcus: 2/5 AP, 31/57 HP, 5 Defense, 5 Special Defense, 10 Speed, 0 Initiative, Vulnerable
    Gelver: 53/53 HP, 4 Defense, 4 Special Defense, 15 Speed
    Focused Training, +1 Attack CS

Marcus uses Chronicler on Absorb as a Swift Action!

Gelver uses Pound as a Standard Action!
    AC 2: (1d20)[15]
    Damage: (1d6+20)[24]
    Critical: (1d6+5)[6]
    The Froakie's attack landed with a solid thump and, growling all the while, the Sunubbul twisted around in attempt to land his Lick attack once more. The male pawn grinned sadistically. Having trouble are we? Well, lets see if you've got anything worth taking. He lunged with his knife again, his eyes flitting to anything that he might be able to snag off you while you distracted by his knife.

Puck waved his hands through the air in a vaguely corn motion. However the leaves reacted to whatever he had done, flying from trees all around to converge on the Ralts as it advanced around the forest of saplings.

But the Ralts was no longer there.

As the leaves slammed into the ground like knives, the Ralts had teleported out of way and nearer to the green haired trainer. The female pawn dashed around the corner taking in the scene and getting ready to launch an order out.

All the while, Lily spun around and sent a jet of steaming water at the Ralts, hoping to deal some damage to the pokemon.

Spoiler
    Show

Snubbull uses lick on Gelver!
    AC 2 (1d20)[15] para on 15+
    Physical Ghost damage (1d6+20)[24], on crit (1d6+5)[6]

-----

Male Pawn - Thief @ Marcus
    AC 2 (1d20)[15]
    (2d6+24)[30], on crit (2d6+10)[18]
    You lose any held item or accessory that you have on hit.
    -----

Puck Razor Leaf @ ralts
    not going to roll because it uses Teleport in reaction the the attack
    -----
    Female Pawn - shifts, but no trainer action
    Ralts - Uses teleport to dodge Razor Leaf
    ----
    - Lily: Scald vs ralts AC 2 (1d20)[9], burn on 15+
    Special Water Damage (3d8+21)[36], on crit (3d8+10)[20]
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

World at War (PTA) as Francis May

GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Regalus View Post
    "Hi there, uhm, we're looking for Pricilla," Adam began with a touch of nervousness, "I saw her post on the bulletin board and I'd like to find out a bit more about it,"
    The girl beamed at you. That's me! she said as she quickly handed some customers their change. Right now we're in desperate need of some peppers. We've run out of what our garden can supply, and the second place to get them is a patch of then in the wilds to the south of town. She quickly dug around underneath a counter and pulled out four baskets, placing them on the counter for you.

Usually trainers can only carry four at a time. She said as she retrieved a map and handed it to you, showing you where the patch was. We can pay you $50 a basket, and it usually takes about an hour for a round trip. I think that's about everything; it's a pretty simple gig. Some wild pokemon frequent the area, so you might run into some (its why we only higher trainers). Are you interested?

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prehysterical View Post
    Father had always been as hot-headed as his mount, but this was bold. No, this crossed the border from bold to insane. Angus knew that after today, things would never be the same in the Fortress again. A line had just been drawn between the Order and the Family. Angus wants to say something, but it would likely only serve to enrage his father more. Instead, before he lives, Angus sends a pleading look at Androssi. Please, don't kill him. What the boy doesn't see on his way out is Gladia staring hard and coldly at the downed Roderick...

As Angus hurries down the torch-lit corridors of the gym, he skids to a stop as he realizes something. My shield! Angus quickly begins navigating his way to the armory.
    You know the way to the armory well, and you get there in no time. Torak, the gym's blacksmith and a man that you know well, had just finished with a sword and set it aside to cool when you entered. He turned to you with a grave look on his face. Well, his face was always grave so it could mean anything really.

Well? he asked. How did it go today?

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jacior View Post
    Dominic laughs. "Are you buying then? I wouldn't say that if you are." Whether or not she actually buys for him, he gets a very bitter veggie wrap. If he gets any weird looks about it, he shrugs. "It's... Arlo's favorite flavor... I started eating it when I met him. I guess I was trying to understand him better. I dunno, don't look at me weird."
    Katie laughed. Oh, don't worry about that. As a chef myself, I can say that food is a great way to make connections with your pokemon. And don't worry about the cost, the food here is free for my family and anyone we bring along. The head chef saluted her with a smile, and she nodded back. I started working here about two years ago. I'm sad to leave it, but I can't become champion by waiting around here any longer.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blind Venetian View Post
    Show

Ray really didn't care what Yellow was doing. He was far more concerned about Jasper who had just been pummeled by the Pikachu. His Joltik looked to be in seriously bad shape and so he rushed forward again to apply a potion to the poor little tick. "We can still win this, buddy! Use Leech Life on that rat!"

Show

Jasper attacks Pikachu #1 with Leech Life. AC 2. Accuracy Roll: [roll0]

Physical Bug Damage: [roll1] (1d8+6 base + 5 ATK + 4 Feature) Critical Damage: [roll2] If successful, Jasper gets back HP equal to half the damage dealt.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Using a potion or other basic restorative not only uses your standard action, but also the one who you apply it to. For more information, see page 276 in the core rulebook. You can either apply the potion and have Jasper not attack or redo your turn. Either is perfectly fine!

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ettin in the Playground

Show

Ray really didn't care what Yellow was doing. He was far more concerned about Jasper who had just been pummeled by the Pikachu. His Joltik looked to be in seriously bad shape and so he rushed forward again to apply a potion to the poor little tick. "We can still win this, buddy!"

Show
    Yellow quickly leaps back from one of the pikachus. Obviously whatever she was trying to do didn't work. She yanked out a pokeball and threw it at one of the little yellow rodents just as her Surskit zoomed over to slam into the pokemon right before the pokeball made contact. The ball engulfs the pikachu and wobbles once, twice, three times. They with a small ding the pokeball lay still. Yes! Yellow cried, a broad smile across her face.

Now there was only one pikachu left, and it sends a cute smile at Ray, hoping to confuse the trainer.

Spoiler
    Show

Pikachu 1 is captured by Yellow!

Sweet Kiss vs Ray
    AC 6 (1d20)[20]
    On hit Ray is confused.

Pikachu 1 triggers an attack of opportunity from Jasper!
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2015-08-19 at 12:23 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

Marcus gasps as he's hit once more, nearly falling to his knees. His blood runs cold as the saliva hits Gelver hard, the frog's hopping becoming slower and slower. Puck, fortunately, seemed to be a fighter and was doing well, but Marcus was in trouble.

"Gelver, Quick Attack!" Marcus cries, hoping his Froakie can power through his condition. At the same time he takes a clumsy swing at the Pawn before scooting away, awkwardly swinging at the Snubbul as he looks at the Pawn, his face begging for the Pawn to not kill him, Marcus looking far more like the child he is.

Spoiler
    Show
    Marcus: 1/5 AP, 6/57 HP, 5 Defense, 5 Special Defense, 10 Speed, 1 Injury
    Gelver: 33/53 HP, 4 Defense, 4 Special Defense, 15 Speed
    Focused Training, +1 Attack CS, Paralysis

Marcus uses Chronicler on Thief as a Swift Action!

Gelver uses Quick Attack as a Standard Action!
    AC 2: (1d20+1)[10]
    Damage: (1d8+19)[27]
    Critical: (1d8+6)[10]
    Shift to P11!

Marcus has his 0 Initiative tick and his 10, so two actions! On phone so can't edit map, sorry!

Action 1:
    Standard: Struggle on Snubbul or Pawn if KO'd!
    AC 4: (1d20)[14]
    Damage: (1d8+11)[12]
    Shift: Disengage one backwards!

Also, note Snubbul is Flanked.

Action 2:
    IF SNUBBUL IS FAINTED
    Use Manipulate (Flirt) on Male Pawn!
    AC 2: (1d20)[8]
    Charm: (2d6)[9]
    Shift backwards as far as possible!

IF SNUBBUL IS CONCIOUS
    Struggle Snubbul!
    AC 4: (1d20)[9]
    Critical: (1d8+6)[12]

Spoiler
    Show
    This is what phoneposting does! Ignore!

AC 2: (1d20+1)[10]
    Damage: (1d8+19)[27]
    Shift to P11!

Marcus has his 0 Initiative tick and his 10, so two actions! On phone so can't edit map, sorry!

Action 1:

Action 2:
    IF SNUBBUL IS FAINTED
    AC 2: (1d20)[8]
    Charm: (2d6)[9]

IF SNUBBUL IS CONCIOUS
    Struggle Snubbul!
    AC 4: (1d20)[9]
    Last edited by Arcran; 2015-08-19 at 12:32 PM.
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

12. - Top - End - #222
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Dominic nods at that. "That's pretty cool... I haven't had a real job before, my dad is kind of weird about that stuff..." He frowned at that, looking at his shoes. "But, you're gonna have to try pretty hard to beat me to being champion first. I'm no slouch!" He grins at her. "That's not even counting how strong Arlo is by himself!"

13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Adam checked his watch for a moment, doing a bit of mental math; the place was fairly close by and he knew the area like the back of his hand. As long as they were careful he doubted it'd be much of an issue.

"Sure thing; I'll get right on it," he said happily after a moment, accepting the map and baskets before going on his way.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #224
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    Yellow quickly leaps back from one of the pikachus. Obviously whatever she was trying to do didn't work. She yanked out a pokeball and threw it at one of the little yellow rodents just as her Surskit zoomed over to slam into the pokemon right before the pokeball made contact. The ball engulfs the pikachu and wobbles once, twice, three times. They with a small ding the pokeball lay still. Yes! Yellow cried, a broad smile across her face.

Now there was only one pikachu left, and it sends a cute smile at Ray, hoping to confuse the trainer.

Spoiler
    Show

Pikachu 1 is captured by Yellow!

Sweet Kiss vs Ray
    AC 6 (1d20)[14]
    On hit Ray is confused.

Pikachu 1 triggers an attack of opportunity from Jasper!
    Show
    Jasper - HP: 26 Initiative: 20 Evasions: ATK 1 SATK 1 ANY 4 Injuries: 0

When the Pikachu turned its attention toward Ray it left itself open and Jasper lunged forward to strike. Ray, on the other hand, struggled to maintain focus. The little wild pokemon had done something and it was proving hard for him to think. However, he wasn't about to let his friend fight this fight all on his own. Gathering his will, he managed to think through the mental haze, "Let's finish this, Jasper. Hit it with your Leech Life attack!"

Spoiler: Round 4
    Show
    Ray manages to temporarily overcome his confusion but not snap out of it.

Jasper's Attack of Opportunity. AC 4. Accuracy Check: (1d20)[14]

Physical Normal Damage: (1d8+11)[17] (1d8+6 base + 5 ATK) Critical Damage: (1d8+6)[8]

On his turn, Jasper will use Leech Life. AC 2. Accuracy Check: (1d20)[7]

Physical Bug Damage: (1d8+15)[21] (1d8+6 base + 5 ATK + 4 Feature) Critical Damage: (1d8+6)[10] If successful, Jasper gets back HP equal to half the damage dealt.

“Had every Athenian citizen been a Socrates, every Athenian assembly would still have been a mob.” -- The Federalist No. 55

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ettin in the Playground

Adam checked his watch for a moment, doing a bit of mental math; the place was fairly close by and he knew the area like the back of his hand. As long as they were careful he doubted it'd be much of an issue.

"Sure thing; I'll get right on it," he said happily after a moment, accepting the map and baskets before going on his way.
    The trip to the pepper patch wasn't a long one, and you made good time. Your first and second trips were relatively uneventful but, on your third trip (the last one before the Cafe closed for the day), you heard squawking and rustling from the patch as you approached, but some bushes blocked the way to your view.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ettin in the Playground

Dominic nods at that. "That's pretty cool... I haven't had a real job before, my dad is kind of weird about that stuff..." He frowned at that, looking at his shoes. "But, you're gonna have to try pretty hard to beat me to being champion first. I'm no slouch!" He grins at her. "That's not even counting how strong Arlo is by himself!"
    I'm no slouch either, so don't think that I'm a pushover, and you'll be surprised by how powerful my Troy is! she responded as you ate the wrap. Afterwards, she led you to the battleground. It was flat with a dusting of sand on the ground, with the edge of town a short dash away.

Katie released her Sandile as it advanced slowly out onto the field. As soon as Arlo was in place she said. I'm ready when you are.

Spoiler
    Show
    Dominic's trainer action is up, but nor Arlo. Map is up as well, but its super simple.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ettin in the Playground

Marcus gasps as he's hit once more, nearly falling to his knees. His blood runs cold as the saliva hits Gelver hard, the frog's hopping becoming slower and slower. Puck, fortunately, seemed to be a fighter and was doing well, but Marcus was in trouble.

"Gelver, Quick Attack!" Marcus cries, hoping his Froakie can power through his condition. At the same time he takes a clumsy swing at the Pawn before scooting away, awkwardly swinging at the Snubbul as he looks at the Pawn, his face begging for the Pawn to not kill him, Marcus looking far more like the child he is.

Spoiler
    Show

AC 2: (d26+24)[44]
    Damage: (2d6+10)[21]
    Critical: (1d20)[9]
    Shift to P11!

Action 1:
    AC 4: (2d6+18)[30]
    Damage: (2d6+8)[17]
    Critical: (1d20)[7]

Action 2:
    IF SNUBBUL IS FAINTED
    AC 2: (1d6+20)[22]
    Charm: (1d20)[19]

IF SNUBBUL IS CONCIOUS
    Struggle Snubbul!
    AC 4: (2d6+24)[30]
    Damage: [roll9]
    Critical: [roll10]

Spoiler
    Show
    This is what phoneposting does! Ignore!

AC 2: (d26+24)[44]
    Damage: (2d6+10)[21]
    Critical: (1d20)[9]
    Shift to P11!

Action 1:
    AC 4: (2d6+18)[30]
    Damage: (2d6+8)[17]
    Critical: (1d20)[7]

Action 2:
    IF SNUBBUL IS FAINTED
    AC 2: (1d6+20)[22]
    Charm: (1d20)[19]

IF SNUBBUL IS CONCIOUS
    Struggle Snubbul!
    AC 4: (2d6+24)[30]
    Damage: [roll9]
    Critical: [roll10]
    Between Gelver's quick attack and your strike, the Snubbull goes down. The pawn growls, ignoring your face, and steps over the fainted pokemon to launch a series of blows at Gelver.

Puck, seeing that you were in rough shape, sent another flurry of leaves at the pawn, and Lily exchange blats of green and purple energy, each attempting to weaken the other.

Spoiler
    Show
    Male pawn feint attack vs Gelver
    auto hit (for crit only) - [roll1d20[/roll]
    Physical Dark damage (d26+24)[44], on crit (2d6+10)[21]

*provokes AoO from Marcus

------

Puck - Razor Leaf @ Pawn Male
    (1d20)[9] AC 4
    Physical Grass Damage (2d6+18)[30], on crit (2d6+8)[17]

------

Absorb vs Ralts
    (1d20)[7] AC 2
    Special Grass Damage (1d6+20)[22]

Confusion vs Lotad
    (1d20)[19] AC 2
    Special Psychic Damage (2d6+24)[30]

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ettin in the Playground

Show
    Jasper - HP: 26 Initiative: 20 Evasions: ATK 1 SATK 1 ANY 4 Injuries: 0

When the Pikachu turned its attention toward Ray it left itself open and Jasper lunged forward to strike. Ray, on the other hand, struggled to maintain focus. The little wild pokemon had done something and it was proving hard for him to think. However, he wasn't about to let his friend fight this fight all on his own. Gathering his will, he managed to think through the mental haze, "Let's finish this, Jasper. Hit it with your Leech Life attack!"

Spoiler: Round 4
    Show
    Ray manages to temporarily overcome his confusion but not snap out of it.

Jasper's Attack of Opportunity. AC 4. Accuracy Check: [roll0]

Physical Normal Damage: [roll1] (1d8+6 base + 5 ATK) Critical Damage: [roll2]

On his turn, Jasper will use Leech Life. AC 2. Accuracy Check: [roll3]

Physical Bug Damage: [roll4] (1d8+6 base + 5 ATK + 4 Feature) Critical Damage: [roll5] If successful, Jasper gets back HP equal to half the damage dealt.
    The pikachu fainted from the two attacks, its body on the ground next to the bushes. Yellow was collecting her pokeball and storing it in her pockets. Well that was exciting! she cried. And I got a new pokemon! I've always loved the pikachu line. I think I'll name this one Pika. I know its kind of unoriginal, but it just feels like the right name you know? she glanced at you expectantly.

Spoiler
    Show
    15 exp for Jasper, 1 Trainer experience for you!

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

Gelver falls for the feints just as his Trainer had, the Froakie letting out a pained croak as he's hit.

As the knife cuts Gelver Marcus' vision goes red. "Don't. Hurt. My. POKEMON!" the boy shouts, running at the Pawn and trying to slam a shoulder into him. "Gelver, finish him off! Waterfall!" Marcus cries even as Gelver lets out a defiant croak, rocketing forward on a jet of water.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gelver: 6/53 HP, 4 Defense, 4 Special Defense, 15 Speed
    Focused Training, +1 Attack CS, Paralysis, 2 Injuries

Gelver uses Waterfall as a Standard Action on Pawn!
    AC 2: (1d20+1)[7] Flinch 17+
    Damage: (3d8+23)[36]
    Critical: (3d8+10)[30]

Marcus shifts one space to the left!

Marcus Standard: Struggle on Pawn!
    Damage: (1d8+11)[18]

And Marcus AoO!
    AC 4: (1d20)[12]
    Critical: (1d8+6)[9]

Show

20. - Top - End - #230
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Spoiler: Battle Info
    Show
    Dominic - Health: 51/51; Initiative: 10; Evasions: ATK 1 SATK 1 ANY 2; Injuries: 0
    Arlo - Health: 50/50; Intiative: 2; Evasions: ATK 3+1 SATK 2+1 ANY 0+1; Injuries: 0

Buffs:
    Arlo:
    -Focused Training: +1 to Accuracy, +2 to Skill Checks
    -Inspired Training: +1 to Evasion, +2 to Save Checks
    -Trained: +1 Attack Combat Stage
    -Momentum (Start of Turn): 0

"I hope I am. It's no fun if there's not a challenge!" What Dominic didn't add was that he kind of expected her to win. She was a Gym Leader's kid after all. Arlo seems ready for the fight though and more than itching for another win today... After Dominic feeds him the last of the wrap he'd saved. "Ok, ok. Focus yah greedy beast, we got a battle on our hands!" The sandshrew makes a harumph noise and heads back over to where it started. "Opponent down the field! Focus and be ready!" It seemed it was some kind of order to get Arlo concentrating.

Spoiler: Actions, Turn 1
    Show
    Dominic
    Swift: Tag Troy

Arlo
    Not Turn Yet

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Unsure of what might be happening, Adam aprouches carefully; trying to get a better look at what was going on before making his presence known.

Spoiler: Relevant checks
    Show

Stealth: (3d6+2)[12]
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #232
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    You know the way to the armory well, and you get there in no time. Torak, the gym's blacksmith and a man that you know well, had just finished with a sword and set it aside to cool when you entered. He turned to you with a grave look on his face. Well, his face was always grave so it could mean anything really.

Well? he asked. How did it go today?
    "The duel? It went very well. Gladia made a good first accounting of herself today." Even though Angus couldn't see it, he could feel Gladia puff up slightly with pride at the praise. Angus wanders over to grab his shield. He holds it, trying hard not to think about the irony of the Rapidash crest engraved in the shield's face. "Then my father stormed in and threatened Lady Zahaard to revoke my license or there would a clash. She near killed him with that dragon of hers and has banished him from the gym on pain of crippling."

Sliding his left arm through the straps and feeling the shield's comforting weight, Angus looks at Torak and says, "I apologize for the hasty goodbye, Torak, but I had best leave as soon as I can. The longer I stay, the more likely it becomes that an 'incident' will take place. Watch your feet, Torak. I feel a storm brewing within the walls."

23. - Top - End - #233
    Dwarf in the Playground

Considering Jasper was still hurt, Ray quickly returned him to the pokeball. He looked to Yellow, smiling and giving a non-committal shrug, "It sounds fine. It's like a nickname." He looked around again, retracing his steps, "I should take Jasper back to the Pokemon Center."

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ettin in the Playground

Gelver falls for the feints just as his Trainer had, the Froakie letting out a pained croak as he's hit.

As the knife cuts Gelver Marcus' vision goes red. "Don't. Hurt. My. POKEMON!" the boy shouts, running at the Pawn and trying to slam a shoulder into him. "Gelver, finish him off! Waterfall!" Marcus cries even as Gelver lets out a defiant croak, rocketing forward on a jet of water.

Spoiler
    Show
    Gelver: 6/53 HP, 4 Defense, 4 Special Defense, 15 Speed
    Focused Training, +1 Attack CS, Paralysis, 2 Injuries

Gelver uses Waterfall as a Standard Action on Pawn!
    AC 2: [roll0] Flinch 17+
    Damage: [roll1]
    Critical: [roll2]

Marcus shifts one space to the left!

Marcus Standard: Struggle on Pawn!
    AC 4: [roll3]
    Damage: [roll4]
    Critical: [roll5]

And Marcus AoO!
    AC 4: [roll6]
    Damage: [roll7]
    Critical: [roll8]
    The male Pawn fell to Gelver's final attack, his clothes soaked and his body heavily bruised. When she saw her partner fell to the ground she quickly returned her Ralts and attempted to flee.

And then Puck stepped in.

Just like before, the green haired trainer placed his hands on the ground and grew a small forest of saplings around the woman, preventing her escape. Gnashing her teeth, the woman jerked the trees, but they wouldn't budge. Well that was rather terrifying he said, still out of breath from hastening the tree's growth. I suppose the real question is, what do we do with her? He jerked his head at the woman trapped in branches.

Spoiler
    Show
    42 exp for Gelver, and 2 Trainer exp for yourself!

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #235
    Ettin in the Playground

Show
    Dominic - Health: 51/51; Initiative: 10; Evasions: ATK 1 SATK 1 ANY 2; Injuries: 0
    Arlo - Health: 50/50; Intiative: 2; Evasions: ATK 3+1 SATK 2+1 ANY 0+1; Injuries: 0

Buffs:
    Arlo:

"I hope I am. It's no fun if there's not a challenge!" What Dominic didn't add was that he kind of expected her to win. She was a Gym Leader's kid after all. Arlo seems ready for the fight though and more than itching for another win today... After Dominic feeds him the last of the wrap he'd saved. "Ok, ok. Focus yah greedy beast, we got a battle on our hands!" The sandshrew makes a harumph noise and heads back over to where it started. "Opponent down the field! Focus and be ready!" It seemed it was some kind of order to get Arlo concentrating.

Show
    Dominic
    Swift: Tag Troy

Arlo
    Not Turn Yet
    Then lets get started! she cried as her Sandile Troy licked the remainder of the food he ate before off of his lips. Now use Bite, let's see if we can shut this Sandshrew down! In a rush, he charged forwards with a savage growl and bit at Arlo with its large jaws, an attack that had the potential to deal flinch opponents.

Spoiler
    Show

Sandile consumes Spicy Leftovers (restores 1/16 hp at the start of his turn, gains +1 crit range from accentuated taste)

Troy activates Intimidate against Arlo! Arlo's attack stat is lowered by 1!

Troy shifts into melee range and uses Bite!
    AC 2 (1d20)[6], crit on 18+, flinch on 14+
    (2d8+26)[31], on crit (2d8+10)[21]
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2015-08-19 at 07:55 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #236
    Ettin in the Playground

Unsure of what might be happening, Adam aprouches carefully; trying to get a better look at what was going on before making his presence known.

Spoiler: Relevant checks
    Show

Stealth: [roll0]
    As you crept forward you noticed two birds with brown bodies and light red wings, which you quickly recognized as Spearow. They were hopping back forth on the pepper patch, squawking as they found especially delicious peppers that they gulped down with gusto. Neither of them seemed to notice you yet, too focused on their culinary pursuits.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2015-08-19 at 07:56 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prehysterical View Post
    "The duel? It went very well. Gladia made a good first accounting of herself today." Even though Angus couldn't see it, he could feel Gladia puff up slightly with pride at the praise. Angus wanders over to grab his shield. He holds it, trying hard not to think about the irony of the Rapidash crest engraved in the shield's face. "Then my father stormed in and threatened Lady Zahaard to revoke my license or there would a clash. She near killed him with that dragon of hers and has banished him from the gym on pain of crippling."

Sliding his left arm through the straps and feeling the shield's comforting weight, Angus looks at Torak and says, "I apologize for the hasty goodbye, Torak, but I had best leave as soon as I can. The longer I stay, the more likely it becomes that an 'incident' will take place. Watch your feet, Torak. I feel a storm brewing within the walls."
    Torak nodded. Then its best if you leave quickly youngster. In my experience, your father is not a terribly reasonable or flexible man, and I was the blacksmith here when he took his test against Androssi's father back in the day. And I'll be fine. We've had storms before and I just come out with a few more wrinkles on my face. If it comes it comes, but Androssi is probably the strongest trainer in the whole city, so this might actually be the safest place to be. And Before you go I have something that I planned to give you when you became a trainer. He handed you a small vial of liquid to you that he pulled out of his pocket.

If you apply this liquid to Gladia or any other blade it can grant her attacks an extra power behind them This much is only good for one battle though, so use it wisely. Oh, and I'd avoid heading to Desert Oasis first if you plan on leaving anytime soon. The environment's not terribly friendly to beginner trainers.

Spoiler
    Show
    You gained one vial of mystery blacksmith liquid! Consider it a Snack Item usable only on Honedge. You can cash in on the digestion buff for a +1 critical hit range to all melee moves for the remainder of the battle
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2015-08-19 at 07:59 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #238
    Ettin in the Playground

Considering Jasper was still hurt, Ray quickly returned him to the pokeball. He looked to Yellow, smiling and giving a non-committal shrug, "It sounds fine. It's like a nickname." He looked around again, retracing his steps, "I should take Jasper back to the Pokemon Center."
    Yellow nodded in agreement, and the two of you headed to the Pokemon Center, where the nurse greeted you and welcomed you back. Went for a training session I presume? We've got a few more healing stations open at the moment, so it shouldn't take long at all for me to heal up your pokemon.

After learning of Yellow's new acquisition, she estimated that it would only take about 15 minutes for the whole team to be healed.

Spoiler
    Show
    Feel free to timeskip this to anywhere if you'd like, or you can rp a conversation with Yellow.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

Marcus looks at the unconscious Pawn, then at Puck, then back at the Pawn.

"Did we just?" he says slowly, before slumping to the ground, although whether from shock or blood loss is not quite certain. Gelver hops over towards Marcus, appearing to be in similar condition to his Trainer, causing Marcus to shake his head, pull out a Potion and spray it over his Froakie. The amphibian certainly seemed grateful as it edged closer to Marcus, but the Trainer was already focused on Puck again.

"We just fought Jamba," he finally says, still shocked, staring at Lily almost as if he was zoning out.

At the question, Marcus looks at the woman before pulling out his Pokegear and typing in the emergency number.

"We call the cops I guess? See if they can get Augustus out here? Whatever they were going to do, it sounded big," Marcus says, putting the Pokegear to his ear as he waits for the dial tone. "Also, how did you do that?" the Trainer asks incredulously, pointing at the trees.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Going to use that last AP to add Lily to my Profile Archive.

Show

30. - Top - End - #240
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Show
    Arlo - Health: 35/51; Intiative: 2; Evasions: ATK 3+1 SATK 2+1 ANY 0+1; Injuries: 0

Buffs/Debuffs:
    Arlo:
    -Intimidate: -1 Attack Combat Stage

Arlo is hit by the strike, a much more potent blow than what the trapinch had dealt already, and with Arlo already cowering at the sandile it was going to be a horrifically tough fight. "Hold in there Arlo! Hit it with Fury Cutter!" The sandshrew rears up on its hind legs and strikes at the sandile with his claws.

Show
    Dominic
    Done

Arlo
    Standard: Use Fury Cutter

Fury Cutter
    Attack vs AC 3: (1d20+1)[11], +1 from Focused Training
    Damage: (1d8+19)[25] Physical Bug (DB 4: 1d8+6, +13 Attack)
    If Crit: (1d8+6)[14]

Gain 1 Momentum at end of turn, Plus 1 Momentum if Fury Cutter hits