New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Archonic's Archaic Acronymical Antidisestablishmentarianism Random banter 148

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    I'm bald now!

I feel sad, as I went to the barber's to trim my beard and thought I'd make my hair a bit more manageable while there, but he went and made me bald. Never gonna go to the hairdresser's in the campus ever again.

Also, for future barbers everywhere: 2-3 centimeters is not the same thing as 2-3 millimeters. Get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    I have long hair. Cutting it myself is not an option.
    Why not? I cut mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Fifty-Eyed Fred View Post
    English degrees are never impractical!
    In fact, my timetable seems quite suited for me. Lots of time for reading and such.
    Given I've already done one degree, I don't know if the government would give me another student loan. Hence impractical.

Funnily enough, I read everything in RP. Perhaps it's something to do with it being my accent?
    I often have occasions, whilst reading something written by someone speaking a different form of English (America, Australia, Canada, etc), in which a particular turn of phrase suddenly jolts me out of it and reminds me that the writer isn't an Englishman. I probably give other forumites those moments, come to think of it.
    Well, yeah, by default you read something in roughly your own accent, unless you have a particular voice mentally tagged for that person.
    And in some cases, you forget the mental tagging until partway through and then go "Oh wait, accent."
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

2. - Top - End - #122
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Archonic's Archaic Acronymical Antidisestablishmentarianism Random banter 148

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    Why not? I cut mine.
    I... don't know how to? I dunno, it sounds impossibly dificult.

3. - Top - End - #123
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

DrowGirl

Awesome! I wish I could! Except with me, it's always parents and relatives going "OK, Ruki, your hair is too long and damaged now, you need to cut it." I hate getting a haircut. If it were up to me, my hair would reach my knees. Or at least the middle of my back.
    My parents have given up on making me do anything with my hair.
    "I'm just going on motive and opportunity here and the fact that if the earth got swallowed by a black hole, I'd look suspiciously in your direction first."
    ~ Timberwolf

"I blame Castaras. You know... In general."
    ~ KuReshtin

"Castaras - An absolutely adorable facade that hides a truly ruthless streak."
    ~ The Succubus

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

Atleast yours looks decent.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

I used to like to have my hair short, and got annoyed when it grew too long. Now, my hair is pretty fast growing, so I had to get it cut pretty often to keep it from getting in my eyes. Now I'm too lazy getting it cut, but I'm pretty content with my hair as it is, so I don't really see it as a problem. I'm actually pretty curious about how I look with a long hair.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

I just saw the first ever Dutch horror movie.

It's about a elevator.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Ceikatar!

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas-Dakota View Post

It's about a elevator.
    Is this "first" as in the first Dutch horror movie ever made, or just the first one you've seen? If it was the first case, then I'm really interested what the plot was like and how it looked. If not, then I'm guessing that it was a fairly unoriginal horror movie beside practically every horror movie ever made. Am I right?
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

8. - Top - End - #128

It's about a elevator.
    Was it an evil elevator? Or was it misunderstood and trying to save everyone from the real threat? Or was the elevator just some mundane set piece?

Sweet Friendship Jayne avatar by Crown of Thorns

9. - Top - End - #129

*descends from the clouds*

I have been summoned back! By the power of this ethernet cable, I HAVE THE POWEEEEERRRRR!!!

Oh, and PMing you.
    Replied.
    My internet has been down for the entire day. Only been up for the last half hour.
    I ended up doing eighty odd lines of translation today. Productive day is productive.
    And I got a sore throat because Littlest Brother threw an hour long shouting hissy fit, while I, the incompetent computer girl, did her best to fix everything.
    He stopped screaming when I iust gave up and screeched in his face.
    His face was a picture.
    His reaction: "No need to shout."
    Mum heard that and burst out laughing.

No, I may not, considering that in my 2nd year I'll have the chance to do pretty much the exact same thing if I choose a certain option, since one of the lecturers is a Tolkien expert.
    *hi-fives*

English degrees are never impractical!
    In fact, my timetable seems quite suited for me. Lots of time for reading and such.
    Except for that stupid presentation tomorrow.
    And yet I still have more free time.

I really need a new fountain pen. My fingers are black as pitch. Except where they're silvery graphite coloured.
    And I've a lingering cramp.
    Working sucks.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

10. - Top - End - #130
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Malfunctioned has today discovered that he has a magical ability known as 'The Smile' which is now recorded as having the ability to, when used on a completely straight man, 'turn his legs to complete jelly'.

I can't wait to try this out in college.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Malfunctioned View Post
    Malfunctioned has today discovered that he has a magical ability known as 'The Smile' which is now recorded as having the ability to, when used on a completely straight man, 'turn his legs to complete jelly'.

I'm sorry, is this a smile that informs the person receiving said smile that their life and soul are forfeit? Or the type that makes good guys go bad?
    This avatar by Phase.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

What's it do to women and non-heteronormative guys?

WE MUST DO SCIENCE!
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

13. - Top - End - #133
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Is this "first" as in the first Dutch horror movie ever made, or just the first one you've seen? If it was the first case, then I'm really interested what the plot was like and how it looked. If not, then I'm guessing that it was a fairly unoriginal horror movie beside practically every horror movie ever made. Am I right?
    It was the first, otherwise I would not have mentioned it.
    Quote Originally Posted by averagejoe View Post
    Was it an evil elevator? Or was it misunderstood and trying to save everyone from the real threat? Or was the elevator just some mundane set piece?
    Well it was a bad film...But...Com'on, it's hobbies were squeezing people's heads off and tricking blind people to walk into the elevator shaft at 7 floors high. So, yeah, evil.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ceikatar!

14. - Top - End - #134
    Miniature Giant Space Hamster in the Playground Administrator

So you posted this from your typewriter?
    http://www.usbtypewriter.com/

"My Hobby: Replacing your soap with gravy" by rtg0922, Doll and Clint "Rawhide" Eastwood by Sneak

15. - Top - End - #135

Well it was a bad film...But...Com'on, it's hobbies were squeezing people's heads off and tricking blind people to walk into the elevator shaft at 7 floors high. So, yeah, evil.
    That actually sounds kind of awesome. For the record, that was an actual serious question.

16. - Top - End - #136

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    Except for that stupid presentation tomorrow.
    And yet I still have more free time.
    Well, that's Fresher's for you. Or rather, for me.

That sounds like some fantastic sort of Dutch black comedy.
    Personally, if I wanted to make a Dutch horror movie it would involve tulips, windmills, clogs, and plenty of dope brownies and whips in Amsterdam.

17. - Top - End - #137

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by randman22222 View Post
    I'm sorry, is this a smile that informs the person receiving said smile that their life and soul are forfeit? Or the type that makes good guys go bad?
    The kind that makes my adorkability rating go through the roof and overwhelms any kind of defenses. It reduces people to babbling wrecks. Somehow.

What's it do to women and non-heteronormative guys?

WE MUST DO SCIENCE!
    Considering the girl I'm after is in college tomorrow.....

Purely for SCIENCE! of course.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Titan in the Playground

That's what I ment, it was badly produced, the plot was meh, but the idea was very cool.

Fred:....I think if you add in general greedyness/cheapness and our mad trading skillz, you've got most major dutch stereotypes. Also the main character has to be blond and in a blue jumpsuit.
    Last edited by Dallas-Dakota; 2010-09-29 at 05:16 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ceikatar!

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

Was the blind guy given a horrible dye job right before?

If so, I watched that movie.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Orc in the Playground

To be fair, you do have an epic mouth. But have you had two guys have a fight over you? I bet you haven't.

By the way, this 'adorkability' thing, I think I have unintentionally acquired it. Of the three girls at my college who I am absolutely sure liked me at some point (in one case, I'm sure she still does), it's a perfect 3/3 on the 'I like nerdy guys' thing. Which is strange, because I'm not that big of a nerd... well, apart from internets, and being a music/drum nerd. Start me talking about The Mars Volta's discography or 2.3mm power hoops and there's a fair chance I will never stop.
    cool avatar by araveugnitsuga

----

Spoiler
    Show

and what

21. - Top - End - #141

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Snares View Post
    To be fair, you do have an epic mouth. But have you had two guys have a fight over you? I bet you haven't.
    Does you and Nameless count?
    If not then I have had several guys after me, but not fighting over me.

By the way, this 'adorkability' thing, I think I have unintentionally acquired it. Of the three girls at my college who I am absolutely sure liked me at some point (in one case, I'm sure she still does), it's a perfect 3/3 on the 'I like nerdy guys' thing. Which is strange, because I'm not that big of a nerd... well, apart from internets, and being a music/drum nerd. Start me talking about The Mars Volta's discography or 2.3mm power hoops and there's a fair chance I will never stop.
    You are learning young pupil.
    *bows*

22. - Top - End - #142
    Orc in the Playground

Does you and Nameless count?
    If not then I have had several guys after me, but not fighting over me.
    I don't remember having any fights with Nameless. I may have had some sort of comedic girl-fight with him at some point, but my memory is either photographic or horrible, and it's deciding to be horrible.

And I've had guys after me as well, which, when you consider the area I live in (really rather intolerant sadly, there were some lesbians across the road who ended up having to move away ) is an achievement.

You are learning young pupil.
    *bows*
    I'm learning... albeit unintentionally. Which seems to be the way of things with me.

----

Spoiler
    Show

and what

23. - Top - End - #143

WE MUST DO SCIENCE!
    FOR SCIENCE!!!!!
    "'But there's still such a lot to be done...'
    YES. THERE ALWAYS IS."

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thufir View Post
    FOR SCIENCE!!!!!
    Last edited by Trobby; 2010-09-29 at 05:50 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    ...How does one cuddle mercilessly?
    Curse your Introbulosity!

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

WE MUST DO SCIENCE!

is it mad science?

*puts on goggles and lab coat*
    Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur
    Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
    Damn you, Avocado. i'll never be able to look at a duck again without thinking that they're trying to disguise themselves as dogs.
    Spoiler
    Show

bindrune by Icewalker

banner by araveugnitsuga

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

...Can we try literature instead?

It's much more non-zombification friendly...

27. - Top - End - #147
    Orc in the Playground

Surely, we need some science tunes (both are required listening, they go together. And yes, the first one is about the Large Hadron Collider).

----

Spoiler
    Show

and what

28. - Top - End - #148

Quote Originally Posted by CynicalAvocado View Post
    is it mad science?

*puts on goggles and lab coat*
    Actually, most so-called mad scientists are actually mad engineers.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

not THIS mad scientist
    okay, maybe a little bit

look, i made a comic
    Spoiler
    Show

it's not that great, because it's paint...
    Ib'tuur jatne tuur ash'ad kyr'amur
    Quote Originally Posted by KuReshtin View Post
    Damn you, Avocado. i'll never be able to look at a duck again without thinking that they're trying to disguise themselves as dogs.
    Spoiler
    Show

bindrune by Icewalker

banner by araveugnitsuga

30. - Top - End - #150

Quote Originally Posted by CynicalAvocado View Post
    it's not that great, because it's paint..
    Yet it's a sentiment that I wholeheartedly agree with.

I mean, I don't actually know whether you can dance or rock out. But the general message of the comic, and what it says about rocking out, I agree with.