New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] CURATOR I: The Evil Has Landed

[Lake Hylia]

Excellent. Rein could down the three heads fairly quickly from this angle. Just a trio of cold-blooded shots...
    But...
    They clearly have an intelligence.
    Dang it Rein, why do you always have to make things harder with your quasi-pacifism?

Reinholdt will head back a bit to the biolabs and then try to get the grate off somewhat quietly so he can fly to the floor, shift back to human and walk back into cold storage. He figures this is the best approach to not startle them into doing something rash.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Pixie in the Playground

[Upstairs]

Having heard something go up up and away, he somehow thought Mr.C was not going to be here anymore. Feeling that he could do no more up here he will go down exactly at the time when Javert is done speaking to Lintha then leaves.
    Boredom is a double-edged sword. Oh yeah I made character entries in the character directory wanna see?

Spoiler
    Show

From Left to Right: Surtr, Narve

3. - Top - End - #693
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Entrance]

"You need to mellow out, Javert."

Lintha attempts to guide Javert to a well-cushioned leather armchair, her hands on his shoulders, and motivate him to relax in it with a kiss to his cheek.

"I'd remember being bombed, Javert. You're not thinking straight. Your mind is playing tricks on you. We were never bombed."

"Do you have proof that we were?"

Lintha inquires, attempting to run a hand through Javert's hair.
    Javert sits down softly...receiving the kiss cautiously. She was trying o relax him...I...I know! Um...it's...you, your blood! I healed you wth shadow essence...it should still be giving off an aura...
    Last edited by Hattish Thing; 2012-09-18 at 01:56 PM.

4. - Top - End - #694
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Lake Hylia]

Excellent. Rein could down the three heads fairly quickly from this angle. Just a trio of cold-blooded shots...
    But...
    They clearly have an intelligence.
    Dang it Rein, why do you always have to make things harder with your quasi-pacifism?

Reinholdt will head back a bit to the biolabs and then try to get the grate off somewhat quietly so he can fly to the floor, shift back to human and walk back into cold storage. He figures this is the best approach to not startle them into doing something rash.
    [Lake Hylia]

Pacifism? Peace? Is Rein on his way to becoming a paragon of virtue? He's outperformed most heroes I've encountered in my eighteen years!

Rein must have invested in astronomical levels brave to approach the three beasts. When he enters the room, the monsters don't appear to identify him as a threat. He gambled and he won!

Upon spotting Rein, Liz redoubles her struggle to escape.

And one of the monsters attempts to stomp up to Rein. There's no telling what he's up to...

-------
    Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    [Upstairs]

Having heard something go up up and away, he somehow thought Mr.C was not going to be here anymore. Feeling that he could do no more up here he will go down exactly at the time when Javert is done speaking to Lintha then leaves.
    [Upstairs]

Nothing much happens here. Nothing noteworthy. If Al wants to head downstairs before Lintha and Javert's talk is over, I can plotclone Lintha for you.

Quote Originally Posted by singingnoodle View Post
    Javert sits down softly...receiving the kiss cautiously. She was trying o relax him...I...I know! Um...it's...you, your blood! I healed you wth shadow essence...it should still be giving off an aura...
    [Front Room]

Lintha shakes her head at Javert. Poor, poor Javert, deluding himself due to the tests and trials of trauma.

Well, Lintha's done being even a little implicit about this. Here goes nothing.

"You and I both know this isn't about an imaginary bombing. It is about you wanting to be the hero in this relationship. You can be my knight in shining armor. You don't need an excuse for it."

"But if you want to test for the presence of this aura, go right ahead. It'll make you feel better. And right now, that's all that matters."

5. - Top - End - #695
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

I doubt Rein will ever be the paragon of virtue. However, his pacifism thing has been around since the get go, first showing itself when he stopped Fan, Happy's vampire husband, from sending an army to fight the Glass Citadel on account of the potential lives lost for a grudge. Pissed of Rabbit and saved Fan from his own nasty fate really.

Still, his moral compass has always been... complicated.

Reinholdt holds his hands carefully, palms outward, but still near his hips rather than outstretched.

"I'm just here to talk."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

6. - Top - End - #696
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Surtr View Post
    [Upstairs]

[Upstairs]
    ((I'm sorry, but I don't read every post. Best poke me if this happens.))

He hasn't left that far so Al see Mr. C just the moment he lefts the room. He looks a bit different from before. Actually he isn't ghostlike anymore, which makes him appear in a stronger green. Around his 'chest' he wears a small golden armor and two wings are connected to the armor on Mr. C's back. He also wears a strange helm similar to the one medieval knights in Europe used during tournaments.

"Got It."
    he says while passing Al . Then he heads downstairs to the boss. Let’s hope she isn't coming to the stairs. There isn’t any kind of breaks on these wings.
    Last edited by Zefir; 2012-09-30 at 04:43 PM.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

7. - Top - End - #697
    Pixie in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

And he's got the whole "it hurts so good" complex and addictive personality to work around. I'd imagine that's a deal-breaker when it comes to being lawful good. That and being lawful is so restrictive while being chaotic is so expansive.

But Rein is good more often than he is bad, right? That or my definition of good is very loose.

Except that I have an odd feeling that he's going to commit smurf genocide pretty soon.

The lizard-man-monster doesn't seem do understand what Rein is trying to communicate to him. His mind, and the minds of his comrades, are simpler than the alphabet.

He attempts to pick up Rein and shake him up and down. Not fast enough to hurt him, but maybe fast enough to get his adrenaline pumping?

Liz hisses. She's fuming and kicking and shaking. Nobody treats her husband-to-be like that and lives!

8. - Top - End - #698
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

It depends on the time period you're examining and if you include reasoning or just results.

Reinholdt chooses not to resist and gets shaken like a soda pop you want your friend to open. Various tools, bullets, lockpicks, dice, and other nicknacks fall out when that happens, clinging on the floor. Man he carries so much stuff.

"Please stop shaking me-e-e-e..." @.@
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

9. - Top - End - #699
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Plainly Tarped Trapped Stone Chamber!]

Good going, Ken! Ken avoids setting off the tripwires like an expert! But while he's fumbling for a light source, he might hear a war whoop shatter the tyrannical silence of the crypt!

A kobold leaps off of a ledge in the adjoining chamber, the one now accessible to Ken since he's passed over the tripwires!

The interior of this room isn't quite visible from this angle, but the screeching kobold indubitably is!

"You will not steals the kobold boss's treasure! Dree will not lets you!"

The single-minded semi-intelligent creature shrieks as it attempts to joust against Kenneth with a leafless stick!
    Kenneth just sighs at the kobold's screeching. The stick probably won't actually do anything to him, and he just tries to keep walking even if the smell of living flesh might start to get to him. "Don't bother."

10. - Top - End - #700
    Pixie in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

How can he possibly carry all that stuff on his person anyway? Where does it go?

The lizard-man-monster will stop shaking Rein when Rein speaks. He'll attempts to lift Rein to his nose and smell him before sneezing green goop...possibly all over Rein.

This is the life of an action figure. And the life of an action figure is gross!

-------
    [Upstairs -to- Downstairs]

Lintha is downstairs! Sitting on a couch! She's typing a mission brief to Ilpholin on her laptop! She probably won't send it for awhile. Needs revision.

Looks like it is up to Mister C to initiate the conversation this time around!

------
    [Trapped Stone Chamber]

Dree screams a war whoop and pounds his fists against his chest! Ferocious Dree is more amusing than he is threatening. He attempts to whack Ken's shins with his leafless branch.

"Dree warns you. You goes further and you be sorry! You turns back now and Dree forgets you were ever here!"

In the distance is a crackling bonfire. In this tomb, where there's light, there's warmth. And where there's warmth...

11. - Top - End - #701
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

Well he wears a jacket and a vest and several other things even in the summer. Don't even think about how crowded his hammer space.

Reinholdt narrows his eyes at the creature and glares. Glares. He's seriously reconsidering just murdering them all before he runs off for a shower. Least he's near a lake.

"Let. Me. Down. Now."
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

12. - Top - End - #702

[Trapped Stone Chamber]

Kenneth doesn't even feel the branch hitting him. He just takes another shuffle forward. "And what if I don't?"

13. - Top - End - #703
    Pixie in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

Even when he's in cat form?

If so... Rein's cuteness level has just skyrocketed beyond anything I could ever have imagined!

Maybe the lizard-man-monster is severely allergic to cats? Oh wait. Rein's a human right now, isn't he? Hmm... Maybe the lizard-man-monster is severely allergic to humans? That must be it! Unless... Unless Rein has stowed a pepper shaker in one of his pockets!

The lizard-man-monster drops Rein without courtesy or ceremony. Less because of Rein's forceful demand and more because of Rein being slimed! He's icky! And who in the world would want to play with an icky action figure?!

-------
    [Trapped Stone Ninjas Chamber]

"Then you dies!"

Dree cries as he continues his attempt to whack Ken in the shins!

"Giant will falls! Giant will dies!"

Meanwhile, Dree's facepalm-worthy hooting and hollering has alerted three kobolds, armed with wicker shields and steel shortswords, to Ken's presence. These three attempt to charge Ken from afar.

They won't even have a chance to attack this turn! But they're on a mission to bring the stunty wrath to Ken!

"Aaaahhhh-uuuuggghhhh!"

Best battlecry they can muster!
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2012-10-02 at 04:57 PM.

14. - Top - End - #704
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

No, he's naked as a cat. That's part of why he's almost never a cat. Then he's actually himself and who would want to be him?

Reinholdt pulls a towel out of nowhere to wipe himself off. It might comprise a nifty magic trick to these creatures. To Rein, right now, it's a necessity. Eww.

"Maybe now we can start again...?" Rein's less than hopeful this will end up going anywhere really.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

15. - Top - End - #705
    Pixie in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

A Reinholdt action figure with realistic towel-wiping action! Gimme! One of the lizard-man-monsters nearly reaches out to grab Rein again, but reconsiders shortly thereafter. He was slimed and now he's germy. Eww! Germs!

Then one of the lizard-man-monsters has a marvelous idea! There's new fun stuff that fell out of the Rein's pockets when they shook him! Maybe they should shake him some more! Maybe they could ditch this girly Liz doll and play with those cool items instead!

Liz is discarded upon the floor! She instinctively sprints to Rein! She's shaking. She's never felt so powerless in her whole life!

The lizard-man-monsters attempt to steal Rein's trinkets for fun and profit!

16. - Top - End - #706
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

With exception to a well secured knife whose magical properties he still doesn't know after years of owning and never using, and his sniper rifle, the stuff he carries on his person is easily replaceable. All the good stuff's in the hammerspace. So them picking over what fell out doesn't really bother Rein all that much. Instead, he'll go to gently put his hand on Liz's arm.

"Are you all right? If you can, I think we should leave while they're busy." Reinholdt suggests, looking around for an exit door that leads further in. In other words, not the way he came.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

17. - Top - End - #707

[Trapped Stone Chamber]

Kenneth sighs a bit as more kobolds come for him with more potent questions. He raises a hand and mutters a few words, casting a basic spell that should cause fear in the kobolds via an image that appears.

18. - Top - End - #708

-------

Lintha is downstairs! Sitting on a couch! She's typing a mission brief to Ilpholin on her laptop! She probably won't send it for awhile. Needs revision.

Looks like it is up to Mister C to initiate the conversation this time around!

*plop* And there Mr. C appears out of nowhere right on the keyboard facing Lintha.

"Hey." he sais with a sheepish smile and the ring in one of his paws. Well it's more his hand graping the ringe since a normal human ring is to bog for his paws.
    Last edited by Zefir; 2012-10-02 at 05:37 PM.

19. - Top - End - #709
    Pixie in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

Liz nods, attempting to loop her tail around Rein's waist. In her culture, this is a sign of great trust, as the tail is one of the most sensitive appendages of her species's anatomy. Tugging on it hard would distress her as if she were stabbed. She doesn't want to be separated from Rein. He saved her from those louts. She glares daggers at the lizard-man-monsters. She makes it clear that, if Rein didn't come to her rescue when he did, she'd have beat down each and every one of the brutes.

There's a lever on the wall beside a metal hatch. Above this metal hatch there is a label reading...

Very, Very, Very Incredibly Cold Storage
    Authorized Personnel ONLY

That could very well be the final chamber of the dungeon that Rein needs to explore!

-------
    [Trapped Stone Chamber]

Kobolds are naturally cowardly beings. The fear spell Ken cast causes each of the three to turn and flee!

"Aug! Help!"

Ken has really stirred up the hornet's nest now! Every member of the tribe is now aware of his presence! Four kobolds rush him from the center, and two from each side. Dree continues his merciless assault of Ken! He's starting to tire now and he'll need to rest in a minute or two.

-------
    [Downstairs]

Lintha smiles at Mister C as he warps in and attempts to collect the ring Mister C retrieved and slide it onto her index finger!

"Thanks, Mister C! You did a great job of unearthing this artifact for me! Now, do you want to be paid for your efforts in gold, silver, plat, or gems or should I transfer the cash into one of your bank accounts directly or do you want to exchange this for a different artifact?"

Because Mister C deserves a reward for all that hard work he did!
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2012-10-02 at 06:03 PM.

20. - Top - End - #710
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

"Errr... should I carry you then?" Reinholdt asks, a bit confused. Have you ever tried to have two people walk at the same time with one's tail around the other? It's like tying them together with a rope and saying go. Hilarious, but bad for mobility.

If Liz says yes or something, Rein will go to scoop her up and head towards the lever. Admittedly, he doesn't want to go this way cause... it's cold and goodness knows he hates the cold. Still, if nothing stops him, he'll pull the lever.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

21. - Top - End - #711
    Pixie in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

True. Especially if one of them has longer legs than the other. Then they end up walking in circles! Whee!

"Hmm?"

Rein's question snaps Liz out of her little dreamland and back to reality. Reality with not her man.

*Sigh.*

"No, I'm good, thanks. Sorry!"

Liz attempts to free Rein from her grip and follow him to the door. Nothing will stop Rein from switching the switch opening said door. Inside is floaty antigravity! Rein won't be able to walk on the floor or ceiling here! There's also orbs of white light, a set of enchanted robes, a wand, a staff, a pendant, eight rings, an amulet, and...a spellbook?

There's also a half dozen bags of gold orbiting the quest items.

Yay! Loot!

22. - Top - End - #712
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

"So a lizard form of a handshake?"

Hmmm...
    No floor.
    Rein suspects there'll even be music playing as he floats across. That can't possibly be the loot for this. There's so much.
    Or maybe it was loot designed for a party of four and Rein's overpowered and did the dungeon by himself?

Not that Reinholdt cares. A little bit of drool is probably happening right now.

But... wait. Wasn't he looking for some sort of necromancy artifact? This was probably a trap.
    One that was too good to pass up. Reinholdt pushes himself into the room, hoping to float to the loot. He'll turn pink to fly to control himself if he has to.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

23. - Top - End - #713

[Trapped Stone Chamber]

Kenneth momentarily closes his eyes and draws his rapier. It's more for show than anything else, he isn't much of a fencer anymore. "Just stay out of my way," he says. "I don't want to hurt any of you."

24. - Top - End - #714
    Pixie in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

"Umm..."

"I guess you could say that it's a cross between a handshake and a hug..."

Liz murmurs. Hey... She's speaking Common! Oh wow!

Looks like Rein wasn't the only one who picked up some serious swag in this dungeon!

Rein will easily be able float into the room toward the loot! Anti-gravity is cool like that!

Of course, finishing off this dungeon isn't quite as simple as nabbing the loot...

Boss battle ho! And boss battle music!

Nabe charges into the room through an illusionary wall opposite Rein! He cackles evilly as he somersaults and glides through the air, racing Rein for the right to plunder!

"Fool! Who do you think programmed all the dead to attack you? I will claim her staff and her robes as my own! And then the whole world will face the unstoppable wrath of Nabe Gewell!"

-------
    [Trapped Stone Chamber]

The kobolds continue to close the distance between themselves and Ken! They are insanely territorial beasties! They won't listen to any of Ken's lies!

But as they venture out of the protection of their camp...

A stone golem explodes out of the wall and steps on one of them! The kobold is smashed flatter than a pancake! It then punts another across the room! This is met with shouting and disorganized panic from the party of kobolds. Three advance toward Kenneth, spouting threats and oaths! The most fleet of foot of the three attempts to swipe at Ken's sword hand when he's in range. The remainder of the group attempts to tackle the stone golem to the ground! They fail, but it is an amusing sight to see them clinging to the golem for dear, sweet life!

25. - Top - End - #715

[Downstairs]

Lintha smiles at Mister C as he warps in and attempts to collect the ring Mister C retrieved and slide it onto her index finger!

"Thanks, Mister C! You did a great job of unearthing this artifact for me! Now, do you want to be paid for your efforts in gold, silver, plat, or gems or should I transfer the cash into one of your bank accounts directly or do you want to exchange this for a different artifact?"

Because Mister C deserves a reward for all that hard work he did!
    [Downstairs]

Mr. C goes over his belongs . He has enougth wealth. It's just good that he has been in Trog's often and in the time tower. After all that is no real option.

"Another artifact would be nice."

26. - Top - End - #716
    Pixie in the Playground

[Downstairs]

Lintha's body has yet to react to the magic of the ring! But it will! Oh it most certainly will...

Lintha relaxes, easing back into her chair. The ring was perfect, but she needed more! More!

"Yes. Anything. What type of artifact are you in the market for? Enchanted? Legendary? Rare? Fire? Ice? Lightning? Toxic?"

"And do you want a weapon or some armor or an accessory?"

Lintha must know. She. Must. Know.

27. - Top - End - #717
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

Reinholdt facepalms.
    "Oh ****** this."

His follow up action is to unloop Ebil Nate, sling her around to gain momentum before tossing Kristin's skull as hard as he can at Nabe's face. Reinholdt's not used to aiming with a sling-skull, but he does have the power of drama behind him, using sling-skull after so long.

That and if he hits Nabe, Nabe should fly right on backwards what with the whole anti-gravity thing! Reinholdt at least has control of his flight and moves to try and at least grab the staff first, seeing as how that was one of the directly mentioned items.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-10-06 at 08:36 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

28. - Top - End - #718

[Downstairs]

Lintha's body has yet to react to the magic of the ring! But it will! Oh it most certainly will...

Lintha relaxes, easing back into her chair. The ring was perfect, but she needed more! More!

"Yes. Anything. What type of artifact are you in the market for? Enchanted? Legendary? Rare? Fire? Ice? Lightning? Toxic?"

"And do you want a weapon or some armor or an accessory?"

Lintha must know. She. Must. Know.
    [Downstairs]

Mr. C already wondered how easy she took the ring on. Since she mentioned it belonged to her in the past he stopped thinking further about it.

"I'm well suited with the armor I already wear."

Which is still strange assuming his size, right?

"A weapon would be nice, but I have no thumbs."
    he waves with his little paws in front of her. "If you have something legendary for me I won't say no."

29. - Top - End - #719
    Pixie in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

"Yo! You finally came to your senses! You obviously recognize the futility of your- Woah! No! Wait! What're you- Can't we talk this over? Please. Please! NO! WOOOAAAHHH!"

Oh! Nabe flies through the air with the greatest of ease, the cowardly undead socking him in the face! Hmm... It just doesn't have the same ring to it.

But that's what occurs anyhow! Nabe is knocked backward by Nate.

"Curse you Rein! You shall not win the field this day!"

Nabe whips out a two shotguns and fires every cartridge loaded into 'em at the wall behind him. The recoil of the guns firing propels him toward the middle of the chamber at...less than breakneck speeds. Rein will reach the middle before he does, but not by much at this rate! He can claim the staff if he so desires!

-------
    [Downstairs]

A weapon. A weapon small enough for Mister C to operate yet powerful enough to eliminate anything the Nexus could throw at him. And he doesn't have any thumbs so...

"How 'bout an ancient psi-blaster. It focuses negative emotions to charge bolts of energy which can be directed at any object or creature with a single thought! Maybe that'll work for you. Do you want it or should we try something else?"

Lintha asks politely. Oh. The memories are returning. Did she really do that? Well... They did have it coming. They deserved nothing less. And now they serve her. But where? Where are they?

Mister C might observe Lintha's spiked tail materializing. She's stronger than she was before she slipped the ring onto her finger. And the magical energy of the ring? It's going... Going...

It will be gone next post unless someone or something intervenes.

30. - Top - End - #720
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lake Hylia]

Reinholdt will claim the staff and then immediately turn it to try to poke Nabe in the back and push him away before he can do whatever harm he's planning on doing.

Reinholdt is glad that Kristin wasn't the 'her' Nabe was talking about and just flying near the stuff didn't cause some magnetic pull of artifacts causing a super boss way more dangerous than this buffoon.

Though admittedly he does have a shotgun and that's dangerous. Or would have been if Nabe had fired it at Rein instead of the wall.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast