New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default {ACRO} GLoG 50: Rife with new Life.

This thread's theme song: Baby Mine.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING IN THIS THREAD!

If you're new to GLoG:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Good League of Good is an ACRONYM organization devoted to the redemption of evildoers and the care and support of those in need. If you are looking to smite evil, please check out HALO.

If you are new to Acro or ffrp, please come to the Acro OOC thread and introduce yourself first.

Our IC leaders:
    President: Happyturtle Amakirr (player: Happyturtle)
    Vice President: Daisuke Hayashi (player: Horngeek)
    Treasurer: Jazirian (player: KidKris)
    Chief Warden/of Security: Susan (player: Billtodamax) and Judy (player: Lex-kat)
    Heads of Pastoral Care: positions open

OOC: All players are welcome to make a character to join GLoG. The post-in-ooc-thread-first request is only so we know who is around. We aren't running auditions or anything.
    IC: Your character may be refused entry to the premises or asked to leave if they cause trouble in-character.

Membership form:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name:
    Current Moral or Ethical Leanings (Good/Evil):
    Desired Moral or Ethical Leanings (Good/Evil):
    Profession:
    Race:
    How can you contribute to help support this organization's goals?
    Any other important information:
    Preferred room assignment:

((see room list and choose))

Character room assignments:
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head]Location|Character|Player|Room|Notes
    Main Lodge|Happy Amakirr, President|Happyturtle||now a ghost
    |Charity Evans|Happyturtle
    |Otaso|Hyozo
    |Phoenix|KidKris
    |Anshu|Iames
    |Nimai|Iames
    |Tomris Nafisim|Je dit Viola
    Cabin 1|Jazirian, Khiansa|KidKris|
    A
    |
    |Susan, Head of Security|billtodamax|
    C
    |
    Cabin 2|Amadeus|Happy Days Falgorn|
    A
    |
    Cabin 3|Crodelus|Hyozo|
    A
    |
    Cabin 4|Shania|Lex-Kat|
    D
    |broken windows
    Cabin 5|Coplantor|Coplantor|
    A
    |Visitors Cabin|
    Cabin 6|Marley|ThePhantom|
    A
    |
    Cabin 7|Helykaan|Je dit Viola|
    A
    |
    Cabin 8|Koyuki|Piggyebil|
    A
    |
    |Krysta|Lex-kat|
    B
    |
    Cabin 9|Coma Nothing|Beans|
    A
    |
    |Vashal|Quinsar|
    A
    |
    |Yamako|iElf|
    B
    |
    Cabin 10|Brendan, Ashna|Bushranger, Recaiden|
    A
    |
    Infirmary|Eko|Earl of Purple|
    [/table]

Each cabin has rooms A-D. The main lodge has plenty of bunk space, but there are no separate rooms.

Cabin 5 is reserved for visitors who do not want to stay at the lodge. They are requested to check in at the main lodge, where any member can give them permission to stay for a few days. Longer than that, and unless they are in need, they would be requested to either join or move to their own place or one of the local inns.

Description of the new GLoG setting:
    Spoiler
    Show
    After the original GLoG building was destroyed by an army of catpeople, the survivors took out a mortgage and purchased Phoenix Lake Campground. Facilities include the main lodge house, a bathhouse with separate male and female sections, a stable (no horses present), various picnic shelters, and a few scattered cabins. It's set in the foothills of the Acro mountains, and mainly surrounded by woods. There are many hiking trails nearby leading to mountaintop vistas, waterfalls, seacoves, and various other locations, both within this thread, and in the Outside thread. The campground is also within easy walking distance of the Taverna Generica and the city of Inside.

At the lake, there is a small dock with a little shed nearby where a few canoes and paddleboats are stored. (They probably should be inspected first before trying to put them in the water.) The swimming area has a GIANT slide and a rope swing. Because GIANT slides and rope swings are awesome. There is also a playground under the trees, set back from the lake somewhat, and a set of horseshoe pits.

Having been built on a Generic Ancient Burial Ground, Phoenix Lake Campground is haunted by various ghosts. They are generally harmless, and for the most part glad to have some company, though pranks and hijinks may occur. Ghosts, like the drones of old, can be NPC'd by anyone. They tend to speak in Gray.

Speaking of drones, there are very few remaining, all of which are the basic hospitality drones rather than the war-ready Security drones. They can still be NPC'd by anyone, but there should never be more than one per player in the area. No more drone swarming.

Surroundings:
    Spoiler
    Show

South, by Neon Knight:
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Lake, Southern Shores]

Our descriptive tour starts here, because NK has jurisdiction here.

The southern shore is a gentle slope descending into the waters of the lake, sandy here and there, and perfect for waders and swimmers. There are no high banks along the water, which is normally quite pleasant. Being winter, of course, it is rather chilly. The foliage around the lake isn't prickly or harsh at all, and a free trees provide shade for those inclined to lounge nearby.

[South Meadow]

Immediately south of the central shoreline is a rather nice meadow. Although winter has robbed it of some joy and vitality, [South Meadow] will be a lovely spot for picnics when warmth returns, with soft grass, pretty blooms, and an arrangement of surrounding trees that lets in just enough wind to cool you off in the summer but blocks enough so that the windchill doesn't freeze you.

[South Forest]

As the tree line thickens, conifers and deciduous trees grow in thick clumps, making a patchy canopy overhead. Hiking trails wind through it here and there, but it is mostly overgrown; the southern woods are a more remote and neglected part of the campground.

The bare wooden limbs of the deciduous trees contrast sharply with the continued vitality and life of the firs and other conifers. The elevation gently slopes up the deeper south you go, wit forested hills rising and eventually the great peaks of the mountains forming the southern part of the valley.

North, by EleventhHour:
    Spoiler
    Show
    [Once in a lifetime, you get a new beginning]

GLoG, was blown apart and torn down, those who visited it mourned the loss of such an extravagant building, and for the loss of a landmark they grew up with. When they heard word of it being rebuilt, from almost the ground, people came to see, and to work. The following is an excerpt from a journal of a woman who came to see the new place...

On the northern shores of the lake, 'tis easy to see why they pick such a place. To the south it one range of mountains, sandy beaches and old forgotten trails, on the north side, things are rockier. For example, even as I write this, I stand on the head of a short cliffside some six feet above the glistening blue waters, well they are frozen over with ice at the moment, glittering in the sun, but I can imagine the summer view...

To look around, turning in an eastward fasion, it's easiest to notice the grey mountain peak of the beginning of the northern range, the massive waterfall feeding the lake shining white even from here, there are the forested groves and the low growing holly bushes, some dead for the winter, others still a vibrant green as thier sort dictates. To the north, I will have to travel through the woods, to be looking upon the sights. Coming back 'round to the west, you can see the battered place of old, where a graveyard must have stood, some pitted old pillars and laystones of granite grown over with moss, and pushed aside by saplings.

Upon starting the climb up the hillsides about the mountainous locale, I noticed that where some rockslides had taken the face away from the lower mountain revealing black, midnight cracks into the roots of the world, leading who knows where, and sealed for who knows how long. Ah! I have reached a merry pinnacle, about halfway up those imposing peaks. Oh, 'tis cold, certainly, but any who dare venture up this far are surely in for a treat of wonder. Looking down across the forest, you can see the blackened trees to the west, and the breaks in the treeline where the cabins and lodges stand empty, with the little cleared roads drawing snaked pathes between them.

Up here, you can taste the frigid air, and only the lowest growing bushes are able to grow at all. Miraculously, when I stopped in a little enclave on the side of the hill, heading back down now, there were blueberries growing! In the middle of winter, no less! Unfortunately, there was a storm brewing, and I had no time to stop and wait. One thing did catch my eye though, on the way down, that somehow I couldn't see from the peak, and I have yet to drop by the main lodge itself to see, but from here I could see a tree, massive beyond reason of twisted branches and a trunk easily as large as a house, I would say it was a blue ash, but they couldn't possibly grow so tall...

Island: (by Rebonack)
    Spoiler
    Show
    In the midst of the lake there is a small island. Getting here is a bit of a swim unless other means of transportation are available.

It's generally sandy with more than a few alder trees quite happy to take advantage of the water. Everything is powdered with a light application of snow, disturbed by only the occasional bird footprints. Isn't exactly the sort of location large animals come to.

The place is largely wooded with the occasional granite boulder sticking out of the snow, strange swirling petroglyphs etched into them. And in the middle of the island is a structure of decent size. A low, squat building of stacked stones. Looks to be a crypt of some kind.

Should one step into the barrow...

It's dark inside. And kinda wet. The walls are carved with the same odd swirling sigils that were found on several of the stones outside. In the middle of the ruin lies a huge stone table, ancient glyphs ringing the edge. The slab appears to have broken ages ago, split right down the middle. Several windows allow sunlight to filter in, causing the various stone to cast long shadows.

Or at least they do when the skylights aren't covered in snow.

Buildings:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Main Lodge: This large building contains an industrial kitchen with a cafeteria style serving area, and an open space that was once used as the dining hall. The space is warmed by a massive fireplace. Bunk beds are lined up on one end of the hall, opposite the kitchen, and a few comfy chairs and sofas are beginning to appear around the fireplace as they are procured. The building itself is made of stone.

Bathhouse: This building is divided into the men's and women's bathhouses, with entrances at either end. It has shower stalls, a line of sinks, and toilet stalls in each. By now, the shower curtains have been replaced and the whole area has been scrubbed to cleanliness and usability.

Cabins: Each cabin has 4 rooms, each with shelves and space for three bunk beds. The ones nearest to the lodge have been cleaned out and are habitable, though they lack furniture and any source of heat.

Infirmary:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The outside of the infirmary looks just like all the rest of the buildings. Nothing distinguishes it at all.

But inside, everything is white, with silver highlighting. Even though it doesn't seem possible, when looking from outside, sunlight filters inside. Giving the place a warm feeling with natural light.

A soft, soothing music filters through the whole building and words can barely be heard saying words of healing and comfort, like: "You are going to be okay." "We'll take care of you." "You are dear to us." and so on.

Each room is walled off for a limited amount of privacy, because the pixies know that humans seem to need this. Strange. But it is limited. There are no doors.

Kinda looks like this:
    |_\___\___\___\___\___\___\___\___\___\_|
    |__\___\___\___\___\___\___\___\___\___\|

Except the angles are more severe, so that people on the other side of the hall can't see into anyone's room. Only someone intentionally looking in, can see you.

Ghosts:
    Spoiler
    Show

{table=head]Ghost|Player|Notes
    Teenage Prankster|Hyozo|Seems to enjoy tormenting Charity
    Bloody gentleman|Hyozo|
    Ironbeard|Happyturtle|A dwarven gentleman rake
    Lady Anastasia Miranda Ophelia Stuart|Happyturtle|former royal courtesan
    Nurse Piper|NPC|Former camp nurse, thinks of the GLoG infirmary as her domain
    Lady Phoenix|ThePhantom|the lady in the faded red dress
    Happy Amakirr|Happyturtle|Assassinated in the infirmary

[/table]

Attention villains:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Conflict is great! It's the heart of any story, and there isn't much to roleplay without it. However, as a player to player courtesy, please check in with the players who are active at any given time before launching an attack. Not everyone wants to roleplay combat scenes, and sometimes there are other things going on that players don't want to interrupt for a random fight. Either a PM/IM to players, a short post in thread to say ((Mind if I introduce a villain here?)) or a longer post in the OOC thread if it's a larger plot is appreciated.

Also, please don't plan any villainy that will result in destroying the base or having the same effect (poisoning the lake, burning down the forest, etc.)

Base Defences:
    Spoiler
    Show
    So Khiansa goes around the grounds, casting alarm spells around the surrounding woods, and wards against the weaker classes of undead, devil or demon (eg. Those least likely to be PCs ), weak wards to limit the strength of destructive magic, and other such weak fields of protection, in order to make things a bit safer in general, before he can eventually go back over and make stronger, more selective wards.
    After setting up the wards, he'll start the considerably harder work of magically fortifying the buildings themselves, especially the lodge, weaving spells of protection and strength in between and through the building materials, so that they may better withstand attack.

NB: As part of a continuing effort to move away from DnD and become more freeform, there is no longer any inbuilt organizational capability of 'alignment detection'. Individual PCs may or may not have this ability.

Reference images:
    Spoiler
    Show

Main lodge:
    Spoiler
    Show

GIANT slide:
    Spoiler
    Show

The lake:
    Spoiler
    Show

***When this thread reaches 50 pages, anyone can make a new GLoG thread, which grants them the right to choose the title and (optional) theme song. Please be willing to keep the cabin list updated, and check that the link to the Acro OOC thread is current. If you anticipate being away from the forums much during the lifetime of the thread (each thread usually lasts a few weeks) then please let someone else do it.***
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2010-01-30 at 03:52 PM.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: GLoG 50: Rife with new Life.

{Infirmary}
    Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Brianna heads over, helping Bianca up.

She also has a health-scry ability, which she uses. How are you feeling?
    I'm... I feel weak and vulnerable. And I hate it! Bianca forcefully shoves herself up and stumbles a bit as she tries to steady herself.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Damien becomes D#m7+5, and decides to fight off the two other incorporeal entities that have plane shifted their way to the lakeside, around 20 meters away from the main lodge.

It's hard to tell what's going on, but anyone who's talked to Damien/D#m7+5 even once can tell which pulsating, invisible entity is him.
    Last edited by randman22222; 2010-01-19 at 08:39 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Je dit Viola View Post
    [Infirmary]

The baby angel looks down at Jamie. Another baby!
    Good idea.

They could play together.

Quinn looks over at Bianca and makes a shushing noise. "You'll upset the children."

As she puts the baby angel in the crib with Jamie!
    Who giggles as she looks at her new playmate!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Infirmary]

The baby looks at Jamie. Weird. Jamie doesn't have any wings, either.

However, she smiles at her new giggly playmate.
    I'm gone for a couple of years!
    I'm off doing service in developing countries in South America
    (Very little chance of internet access) - I'll try to come back afterwards

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Jamie grins and reaches out to try and touch those pretty feathery wings!

The babies will play, perhaps, while BR hurries out for a McMeal.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

7. - Top - End - #7

[Infirmary]

They're sparkling clean, from the rain and the frigid lake.

The baby lets Jamie play with her wings, and they play.

Bye! Have a nice meal.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-kat View Post
    {Infirmary}

I'm... I feel weak and vulnerable. And I hate it! Bianca forcefully shoves herself up and stumbles a bit as she tries to steady herself.
    Easy, now. You're quite weak from your injuries. You've already fallen back into a coma once.

----

Zamira frowns. An... asprin would be good, thanks.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-01-19 at 09:07 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

That's basically all that Brianna should notice with her Healer's abilities. That, and she's a little parched, if she can sense that sorta thing.

Bianca turns and quickly sits down. So have they caught Cierra?

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes, they found her.

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Quinn watches the children with a small smile on her face...then goes to see about their mother.

'Dead' is merely an inconvenience for the Champion of Neirian, Goddess of Pixies, Butterflies, and (more to the point) Death.

---

Quote Originally Posted by horngeek View Post
    Zamira frowns. An... asprin would be good, thanks.
    "Coming right up."
    Shrike rolls out of bed and fetches a glass of water and the requisite two white tablets.
    "I'd say to call me in the morning after taking these. But..."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Zamira chuckles, and takes them.
    Thanks...

Lucky she's not a catgirl, eh?

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

{Infirmary}

Good. Could I bother you for some water. And, do you know if this place has anywhere to workout? I need to rebuild my strength.

14. - Top - End - #14

((I just finished listening to the thread song!))

[Infirmary]

The baby angel continues to play with Jamie in the crib.

Her mother. All the feathers have fallen out of her wings. There's a huge crack in the back of her skull, possibly a broken neck from hitting the ice and water that hard, her wing bones are broken and twisted, and her body is devoid of any blood. There's other wounds, some related to the fall, others weapon-caused.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

All right. Just as long as you don't fall into a coma again.

Brianna gets some more water!

And we don't have a gym, but you could just exercise outside.
    Last edited by horngeek; 2010-01-19 at 10:14 PM.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lakeside -> Infirmary]

D#m7+5 finishes fighting the other entities, and changes back into Damien. He now has two lacerations on his right shoulder. Nothing too bad, but he walks into the infirmary anyway, to get it disinfected, cleaned up, etc.
    Healing is easier to do in a corporeal form for him.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

[Zamira's Room]

"No problem. And next time, only one martini for you." Shrike drops into a chair and sighs. "You got that letter, right?"

---

[Infirmary]

Jamie grabs a rattle and shakes it, then offers it to the other baby!

Quinn winces as she looks over the mother's wounds, then takes a deep breath and sits, putting her hands on either side of the head.

And calls to her Goddess, asking her to intercede in her capacity as a goddess of Death, and to bring the child's mother back to life...

((Quinn can do the equivilant of Raise Dead, as I recall...
    and, as I recall, Raise Dead heals the body's injuries as well as restoring life (wouldn't be much point otherwise :p).))

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes, I do.

The leaflet appears in Zamira's hand.

{{Many-Pockets Meditation wins. Zamira might only be able to carry three things, but still}}

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

19. - Top - End - #19

The other baby accepts the rattle, laughs, and shakes it too.

Healing happens...the wounds heal, the poison (probably) gets purged, the bones mend, but I don't think it regrows feathers.
    The mother angel's eyes flutter open.

20. - Top - End - #20

Toby undeadtimes in the infirmary and reluctantly walks over to see if he can help with anything.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

21. - Top - End - #21
    Troll in the Playground

[Zamira's Room]

"Now if only we could read it," Shrike comments, grinning, then turning serious. "Hopefully it'll have what we need..."

---

[Infirmary]

"Fun!" Jamie declares, nodding happily, then looks at her daddy and grins!

"Welcome back," Quinn, looking exhausted, rocks back on her heels. "And welcome to GLoG."
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2010-01-19 at 10:36 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Hopefully...

However, we need to wait for NK before we can find out.

I have a pretty good idea of what it'll have... but still.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

23. - Top - End - #23

[Infirmary]

The angel baby laughs, and looks at Jamie's daddy.

The angel mother looks a little frantic, though. Where is she? What happened? She suddenly gets up.

24. - Top - End - #24

Toby eyes the angel baby, the angel momma, and then quickly turns his attention to Jamie before Quinn notices. "Fun"? You can talk now?

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

[Zamira's Room]

Indeed. *casts Summon Neon* *probably gets a Neon Elemental* =P

"Well, until then, I need to practice some more. You?"

---

[Infirmary]

Quinn quickly reaches out and tries to push her back down! "Don't move so fast. You were very badly hurt. But your daughter is fine, and safe."

Thankfully for Toby, she's preoccupied.

"Yup!" Jamie declares proudly, giggling and then going to (gently) thwack her new playmate with a stuffed toy fox!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

{{The catgirl comment is due to cats being... very sensitive to painkillers. As in, feeding aspirin to a cat will kill it.}}

I probably need to practice as well, yes.

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

27. - Top - End - #27

Stop growing so fast. That's an order. Toby chuckles and reaches down to neatly pluck Jamie up and hug her.

28. - Top - End - #28

Default Re: GLoG 50: Neon Elemental!

[Infirmary]

I...I... She's pushed back down, relieved that her daughter's safe. Thank you. she says, a smile on her face.

Ow, says the little baby (just over 1 year old), putting her hands over her head where she got hit. Look at those eyes...the tears...they're...not welling up. She was only joking, and giggles.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

((Ah. I didn't get that.
    ...Misaki took asprin. >_> =P))

[Zamira's Room]

"Should probably do it outside, though. Too much property damage if we did it in here." Shrike grins.

---

[Infirmary]

"You're welcome." Quinn smiles back. "I'm Quinn, the big oaf over there is Toby, and my little girl is Jamie. Do you know what happened to you?"

Jamie giggles and sticks her tongue out at her new friend - then out more at Tobias! "Nope!" she chirps, reaching out for her daddy to be picked up and hug back!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

{{Oh, dear. But it's true.}}

All right. Let's head outside, then.

And Zamira walks out of the lodge!

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.