New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing III: I May Not Iron Heart Surge Rule Zero

Quote Originally Posted by Morithias View Post
    Hell no. Those are common. You can go to Eternea (A city so big it takes up 7.5% of the known material plane), and buy those for a mere 90k.

Hell in Eternea there's a store called "Recette's" that if you're willing to shell out half a million gold pieces she has a Book of Exalted Deeds to sell you.

World 1 is VERY high magic, and also VERY high power gaming. Not to be rude to faerun and such, but their npcs would be second-rate in world 1, because in world one, research and tactics are a constant evolving thing. If someone find a way to do something easier or better than before, and she doesn't guard her secrets on how she did it, someone else will steal the idea and also do it.

For example the "Eternea eight" are an elite group of bodyguards that protect the young prince. Here's an example of what one of them is.

Dark Changling - Cleric 1/Rogue 2/Deathstalker 5/Rogue 2/Legacy Champion 20.

Ultimately giving her a death attack with a save DC in the 50-60 range. Plus she can death attack undead, and you have to make two saves against it.

It is VERY common to munchkin in this setting, because it is what would actually happen. "Oh you found a way to cast level 2 spells so early in your career. We should all do that it's a good idea". You wouldn't have someone who discovered something like be the only one who uses it, in the real world if a new technology is discovered it is quickly reverse engineered and stolen right? The same is with in my setting.
    you know that with munchkinry is the fact that in these kind of worlds everyone becomes pun-pun...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

2. - Top - End - #422
    Banned

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing III: I May Not Iron Heart Surge Rule Zero

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    you know that with munchkinry is the fact that in these kind of worlds everyone becomes pun-pun...
    One Kobold actually did that. The Creator (Who in this setting is literally the personification of whoever is Dming) used his "Rule 0" power to limit the Kobold's power. The Kobold is now a wandering trickster who challenges people to riddle and mind games and gives them a taste of his power if they win. (Think Mr. Myxzlpk from Superman)

Funny story the PC's once challenged him to "who can stay awake the longest" (the kobold isn't an outsider after having his power removed)...he didn't realize that the monk "Arma" was a VERY well crafted warforged. So they won and he gave everyone a free stat boost.

Creators Power

Rule 0: The creator may alter and change the rules of existence at will, the creator is constantly experimenting with new rules and laws of the universe. When a creature becomes too powerful that it is threatening the greater good of the world, the creator may step in. In exchange for this power however, the creator does not have spare power to give to clerics. This power cannot be duplicated or stolen in anyway.

- I may not create an epic spell that can kill Ao in order to blackmail him into removing the wall of the faithless.
    Last edited by Morithias; 2012-03-21 at 12:40 AM.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Troll in the Playground

wow, that is actually a sensible move in such occasions...

* I may not create an all powerful character, unless we are playing in high epic levels
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

4. - Top - End - #424
    Troll in the Playground

I am not allowed to be without shapesand. (The DM enjoys my antics with the stuff far too much )
    ,,,,^..^,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Haldir View Post
    Edit- I understand it now, Fighters are like a status symbol. If you're well off enough to own a living Fighter, you must be pretty well off!

5. - Top - End - #425
    Barbarian in the Playground

* I may not create an all powerful character, unless we are playing in high epic levels
    **Not even if we're playing Nobilis
    ***Okay, maybe after the first session or two
    ****I may not be able to destroy Creation as a standard action

6. - Top - End - #426
    Bugbear in the Playground

*I may not have a giant frog as an animal companion
    *I may not be a pack lord
    *I may not wildshape into a giant frog
    *I may not give my animal companions headbands of intellect
    *I may not teach animal companions with sentience teamwork feats
    *I may not play PF with the intention of getting similar abilities through other means
    Last edited by Dr.Orpheus; 2012-03-21 at 02:47 PM.
    "If you are after mere parlor tricks you will be sorely disappointed, for if I reach behind your ear, it will not be a nickel I pull out, BUT YOUR VERY SOUL!" The Venture Bros.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Titan in the Playground

Hell in Eternea there's a store called "Recette's"
    Someone tell me, is this enough cookies for that reference?

--------------------------------------------------------------

* Yes, my anima banner may be a falcon, why am I even asking?
    * Though it's probably abusable somehow, I tentatively may make a charm that expends all of my essence to utterly destroy both myself and the target.
    * Both of the above in combination, however, will be recognized as a thinly-veiled attempt to eventually get to do this to the main villain.
    ** Okay, I can still do that, but only if I refrain from making any other falcon punch jokes for the entire campaign.
    *** That includes after I do that.
    *** Or any other campaign for that matter.
    **** I may no longer punch things in Exalted.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

8. - Top - End - #428

*The character, NPC, or player named Amanda is NOT "A man, DUH!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    I like my women like I like my coffee; 10 feet tall, incomprehensible to the human psyche, and capable of ending life as a triviality.

9. - Top - End - #429
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    Someone tell me, is this enough cookies for that reference?

--------------------------------------------------------------
    Thank you for the cookies.

- I am not allowed to bind Fierna using her truename in order to have sex with her.
    - I am not allowed to bind Glasya using her truename in order to have sex with her.
    - When confronted against Asmodeus I am not allowed to ask him why he didn't just use a wish spell to resurrect his dead wife.
    - Even if I have a 100% chance of winning I am not allowed to mass hold person the other PC's and fight the final boss one versus one.
    - Asking the final boss to marry you in exchange for letting his/her plan succeed is in bad taste.
    - Asking another PC to marry you is in bad taste period.
    - Due to a series of related events involving alcohol I am not longer allowed to have ranks in profession (brewer).
    - Even thought the shopkeeper is only 10 years old, I must keep in mind that attempting to rob the Prince's cousin and the city's most popular merchant in a store that regularly has people coming in to buy holy avengers is a VERY bad idea.
    - I am not allowed to sell my soul for a box of cuban cigars. (Anyone who gets that reference is AWESOME).
    - I am then not allowed to argue in the court that the devil didn't give me what I wanted seeing how "Cuba" does not exist in this world....and win.
    - I am not allowed to create a character who is obsessed with poisons and who constantly cooks and offers the other characters food.
    - Even if regular clothes give no penalty to dexterity, I am not allowed to go into combat wearing a maid, schoolgirl, or miko costume.
    - Even if you can get cleric spells by worshiping a cause, I am not allowed to choose "start my own religion and become a god" as my 'cause'.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

* I'm no longer allowed to make players nauseous with monster descriptions
    * I'm no longer allowed to GM at 3:00 in the morning.
    *I'm DEFINITELY not allowed to spout out hot blooded one-liners in Adeptus Evangelion. Nor am I to refer to my character's Prog Axe as the "GETTER TOMAHAWK!"
    *The end boss is The World, not ZA WARUDO. Get it straight.
    *Not allowed to make Cloaca jokes about the androgynous Manufactured.
    *I'm not allowed to let my character get seduced by his girlfriend's mother.
    *Even if the girlfriend is her clone, not her daughter.
    "I am a WIZARD, not a MAGE. I am not some inbred donkey that simply stumbled onto the arcane."

"Do you really want to spend the rest of the week fending off a zombie apocalypse as the Earth vomits up her dead? AGAIN? "

Spoiler
    Show

You Are A:

Chaotic Neutral Human Bard/Wizard (1st/1st Level)

Ability Scores:
    Strength- 11
    Dexterity- 12
    Constitution- 13
    Intelligence- 16
    Wisdom- 11
    Charisma- 13

11. - Top - End - #431
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    Sonic Rainboom Aside, please note we have defeating dragons on more then one occasion, tearing down a several story building with bare body parts, successfully Wrestling a Bear, Outright Winning a Staring Contest against a creature that has a Medusa style gaze attack, And most recently Canon Confirmation that at least one of them can outright Ignore the fourth wall.

Yeah, Even Batman and Conan and Harry Dresden are gonna get a run for there money against opponents capable of feats like that.
    * Will not use mage hand to kill a god by removing the essence of his divinity, which as it happens, ways about as much as a small rock and can be removed by magic, even if the precedent of the nth level spells Gordants Divinity Drain and the more powerful version, Gordants Divinity Theif say that it can be done in my campaign. As an apprentice level wizard/fighter (1/2 level fighter and 1/2 level wizard, becomes level 1 fighter/1 wizard at level 2).

*Will not use an improved stunning impact spell on a huge sized goliath greathammer, combine with monkey grip, whirlwind attack and haste to pummel the crap out of a dragon army, then a linnorm raiding pary, than a level 6 barbarian, level 3 fighter, level 5 cleric, feral templated titan. Ever again.
    *Will not be a lower level than the adventures who I hire, and will not poison everything in the mead hall including the floor and train myself to immunity and also just have poison immunity cast upon me for the purpose of killing them for the XP.

That's what the two characters I'm currently running did. not bragging, just...............okay I'm bragging, but I one hit a monster with a CR more than ten above my level, and killed it easily, with a whole 5 hit points remaining. Yeah, that w
    Last edited by LibrarianHuntar; 2012-03-27 at 10:30 AM.
    My hovercraft is full of eels.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #432
    Titan in the Playground

In PTTA
    - Captivate does not grant a bonus to Charisma
    - Charm isn't even usable by something with Charisma, so don't ask
    - No Hypnotising the Gym Leaders and taking their badge while they're out
    - No using Pyrokenesis in place of an actual attack in battle since it doesn't have a health cost

- "I thought it would be funny," may never be my sole justification for something
    - Bodily harm is not that funny
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-03-25 at 03:38 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

13. - Top - End - #433

BardGuy

-Beating a wizard to death with his familiar is considered poor form

--this goes double if if my characters strength score is below ten

-If i insist on doing this anyway i shouldn;t be upset when the DM awards the XP to the familiar, and has it go on to be a recurring villain in our campaign.
    Resolute believer in letting my players attempt anything.

14. - Top - End - #434

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Chookster View Post
    -Beating a wizard to death with his familiar is considered poor form

--this goes double if if my characters strength score is below ten

-If i insist on doing this anyway i shouldn;t be upset when the DM awards the XP to the familiar, and has it go on to be a recurring villain in our campaign.
    -- The Familiar cannot also be the BBEG

-- No, the BBEG's Dragon cannot be the druid's animal companion, no matter how much more competant than most of the melee fighters in the party it is

-- The small enslaved servants of the PC's are not secretly spying on thm, and I am not to tell my players such at every opportunity

-- Especially not if the game is subterfuge based and the players are fully aware I'm trying to pick them off one by one, with them having to figure out how

-- My excuse that the great and powerful X merely appears in the form of a common raven because a glimpse at it's true non-eludecian visiage would drive the PCs and players mad is not acceptable. well, unless we're playing call of Cuthulu, in which case it's hardly passable and needs more detail.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Ogre in the Playground

*My bard is to never again sing "I'm Sexy And I Know It".
    **My bard is especially forbidden from performing the accompanying dance.
    ***I am expressly forbidden from demonstrating the dance my bard is performing in real life.
    ****I am never to play a bard again.
    Last edited by Alabenson; 2012-03-26 at 10:08 PM.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

16. - Top - End - #436

*May not play as a level 5 cleric level 5 dracolyte with a time dragon wyrmling as my ward (its actually legit by RAW, it just says a dragon wyrmling, it doesn't say a non epic dragon wyrmling, but don't expect your DM to allow it, as you'll be level 10 with a CR 26 ward)
    Last edited by LibrarianHuntar; 2012-03-27 at 11:38 AM.
    My hovercraft is full of eels.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #437
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LibrarianHuntar View Post
    *May not play as a level 5 cleric level 5 dracolyte with a time dragon wyrmling as my ward (its actually legit by RAW, it just says a dragon wyrmling, it doesn't say a non epic dragon wyrmling, but don't expect your DM to allow it, as you'll be level 10 with a CR 26 ward)
    My DM actually gave my character a baby Platinum Dragon as his ward.
    Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, unless you brought someone bigger and tastier along with you.

Spoiler
    Show

Go HERE for a look at the Ishka (CWBP) Wiki.

Go HERE for a look at the Dragon-World (CWBP) Wiki.

Quote Originally Posted by newD&Dfan View Post
    I hereby give you the title of Wiki Editor SilverScale. (in deep booming voice)

18. - Top - End - #438

BlueKnightGuy

-- My players are not to expect to gt something past me by explaining their build as some form of sheep herder.

-- Unless they wan to be facing a higher leveled, btter equiped version of said build, with more lackies as an antagonist.

-- My characters never have authorization to execut plan KFC
    -- Or plan buffulo wings
    -- Or poultry storm
    -- Especially not allowed to refer to this as plan X, or plan X 2.0.
    -- ven if they now explode, and are undead.
    -- I am not allowed accees to any form of livestock or pets ever again
    Last edited by BlackestOfMages; 2012-03-27 at 05:28 PM.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Ogre in the Playground

*While taking my character's love interest on a magic carpet ride is acceptable, I may not ing "A while new world".

**Especially if I don't have any ranks in preform.

***May not summon a lillend to sing for me.

*While I am allowed to refluff the visual effects of spells, I may not describe the fly spell that I cast on an elephant as making it's ears so big that it can flap them to fly.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Dwarf in the Playground

RangerGuy

*if the charecters manage to make the barbarian tribe go to war with a nation at pike-and-musket tech level, I may not as DM describe the preparations for war with this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2av9SQsMIi8

this actually happened one game, (though I was not the DM)
    Last edited by eulmanis12; 2012-03-31 at 09:33 PM.
    Warning!! This poster makes frequent use of Sarcasm, Jokes, and Exaggeration. He intends no offense.

21. - Top - End - #441
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

*I may not play as an awakened pony.
    **Not even if the DM's A Bronie.
    On a quest to marry Asmodeus, lord of the Nine Hells, or die trying.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Banned

If the DM's campaign revolves around fighting demons...I may not play an unredeemed demon.

If the DM's campaign revolves around fighting thieves...I may not ask why the other PC gets to play a thief.

23. - Top - End - #443

SwashbucklerGuy

*Not allowed to triple crit an enemy who's trying to run away.
    **Especially when said enemy is a 0 HP and staggered.
    ***This goes doubly so when it's a summoned creature doing the triple-crit.
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    *Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.

24. - Top - End - #444
    Ogre in the Playground

*If I have somehow finally convinced/browbeaten/blackmailed my DM into running a My Little Pony campaign, I am not to then decide to play a standard-issue murderous kleptomaniac hobo.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

25. - Top - End - #445
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Another DM one:

*Skipping the tavern and plopping my players straight into the dungeon during my first game is not considered more creative than starting in the tavern**

** I should clarify here. There wasn't any reason for them to be in the dungeon. It just... existed. Look, I'd never run a game, I'd never played a game, my players had never played a game... What do you expect to happen?
    Steam ID: The Great Squark
    3ds Friend Code: 4571-1588-1000

Currently Playing: Warhammer 40000, Hades, Stellaris, Warframe

26. - Top - End - #446
    Banned

The profession (maid) skill does not give me a synergy bonus to searching dirty rooms.
    The profession (cooking) skill does not give me a synergy bonus on fortitude saves versus poison.

~Next week~

The profession (sailor) skills does not give me a synergy bonus to jump checks made in heels.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Titan in the Playground

The profession (maid) skill does not give me a synergy bonus to searching dirty rooms.
    The profession (cooking) skill does not give me a synergy bonus on fortitude saves versus poison.

~Next week~

The profession (sailor) skills does not give me a synergy bonus to jump checks made in heels.
    * Profession (student) does not give me a syngery bonus to taking over the evil empire.
    * Profession (large ham) no longer exists.
    * My characters need to stop being Lelouch clones.
    ** Especially if I can pull it off. Now if only a campaign would not implode for unrelated reasons before I can actually get to that part...
    Last edited by Sith_Happens; 2012-04-03 at 01:23 AM.
    Revan avatar by kaptainkrutch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirrylius View Post
    That's how wizards beta test their new animals. If it survives Australia, it's a go. Which in hindsight explains a LOT about Australia.

28. - Top - End - #448
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
    * Profession (student) does not give me a syngery bonus to taking over the evil empire.
    * Profession (large ham) no longer exists.
    * My characters need to stop being Lelouch clones.
    ** Especially if I can pull it off. Now if only a campaign would not implode for unrelated reasons before I can actually get to that part...
    Profession (Lumberjack) does not have a synergy bonus with Disguise when cross-dressing.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    Profession (Lumberjack) does not have a synergy bonus with Disguise when cross-dressing.
    **nor does it make you 'okay', work all day or buy scones...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

30. - Top - End - #450

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    ***Nor does it give you a synergy bonus to Perform(sing)
    ****A penalty to sing, however, is just fine
    Proud owner of: 0.36 0.43 0.99 2.00 Internet(s), 2 Win(s), and 3000 Brownie Point(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Welknair View Post
    *Proceeds to google "Bride of the Portable Hole", jokingly wondering if it might exist*

*It does.*

What.