New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 48 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Dragon Ball Super II: Orange Hillbilly Dooms World... Again.

Anyways:
    Spoiler: My speculation on the Tournament
    Show

with 13 minutes to go, I think I'm going to take some time to theorize a little about how its going to end:

U3 and U4 are pretty much next on the chopping block. maybe they'll take out a couple of U7. but I doubt it at this point.

no whats important is U11 and U7. I think everyone predicted its going down to these two.

specific fighters to be aware of:
    -Goku
    -Jiren
    -Freeza
    -Gohan
    -Piccolo
    -Vegeta
    -Toppo

Fighters that probably will be eliminated before the finale:
    -Androids 17 and 18
    -Dyspo

Why? because its clear that these two are going to run out of awesome moments. someone is going to take notice that they are not running out of energy and just get rid of them knowing their track record. while Dyspo is probably going to be the first to be eliminated of the remaining three U11 members.

The seven above them on the other hand have all been given the most focus of the tournament. Goku and Jiren for obvious reasons, Toppo is there to be a U11 badass who speaks more than one or two syllables at a time, Goha and Piccolo are receiving a LOT of focus throughout the arc, Vegeta's promise and Cabba's erasure is motivating him to try and fight as hard as he can to save at least the saiyan race. and finally there is Freeza who has his own schemes.

Victory of Freeza?
    lets focus on Freeza's scheme, because it seems pretty important:
    -logically it hinges on U7's success. Freeza cannot go on to scheme more if U7 loses, and he knows that which is why he betrayed Frost.
    -he is smiling at Jiren and Goku trying to fight each other. Yeah he sees an opportunity and I think I know what it is: let the two powerhouses tire each other out, swoop in and eliminate both of them and Vegeta so that he gets U7 victory and the MVP.
    -he gets the wish, wishes back all the universes, but not for good reasons- he will be exploiting this by now being owed seven big favors, one from from each Universe, surely they are thankful for him bringing them back?
    -he goes to U4 or U9, bargains with them using the life-debt they owe him to become their new God of Destruction. since they're probably just happy to be alive, they accept and pass the position onto him.
    -thus in one brilliant move he goes from being a dead tournament goer to a new god of destruction who is no longer under Beerus's thumb, has potentially the thanks of seven universes and thus gets seen a hero by them in a reverse from Goku's actions making him seem like a villain, while at the same time preserving the rest of the status quo so Toei can keep MARKETING!
    -thus setting up future plots where Freeza does more things, the universes still hate Goku, and whole new arcs and ideas to explore.
    the only other option is Freeza just failing and well um.....why bring him back a second time if he is just going to fail and go back into Hell again? just a waste of bringing him back, especially when all the foreshadowing we have of him is of manipulating the gods.

Jiren's Wish Possibilities:
    -To Bring Back the Universes? seems obvious, but Jiren if he is truly a hero of justice wouldn't see a tournament like this as just at all. so maybe.
    -To Fight Strong Guys? he might just be a very serious and stoic U11 goku. which would be boring and stupid and bleeeeeeeeh, because come on guys, if your going to make a foil, do something different than just have him enjoy fighting for the sake of fighting like Goku all over again, we got that with like, 4-5 different villains now: Cell, Buu, Beerus, Hit, and Goku Black. time to do something different.
    -To Bring Justice to Zen-Oh? Jiren is again the antagonist, and all antagonists of Goku are foils to him. while Goku is Zen-Oh's friend.....Jiren just sees two children who are unjustly killing universes for flimsy reasons and wishes to bring justice upon them in some way to right wrongs.

Gohan's Importance
    I feel that Gohan is still hiding something up his sleeve. also: what if Gohan is the one to beat Jiren and not Goku? both Gohan and Jiren believe in some form of justice and doing the right thing, further more what if Gohan outsmarts Jiren by distracting him long enough for Piccolo to use the Evil Containment Wave and throw him off the stage, making that technique useful for once?

Vegeta's Wish
    does it mean that he will be victorious for once and wish back all the Universes? are we potentially looking at a Vegeta victory? after all, Toriyama tends to make selfless wishes happen over selfish ones. at the same time, Jiren's and Freeza's wishes are still hidden. which makes it more likely that we'll either learn them or get one of either granted when left unstated, because the one being granted would be the twist. but then again, Goku's wish is still technically unsure. the question with Vegeta is whether his anger and hot-headedness will get the best of him once again- if Vegeta fights Jiren and gets knocked off due to his own pride, it will be completely expected with his behavior as well as completely disappointing.

When All Else Fails.....
    .....Assume the evilest visible character will be the one to screw things up for everybody. That is Freeza right now, since there is 13 minutes left and they are still firmly portraying both the Zenos and the High Priest as "blue and orange neutral" despite the massive evils they're committing. Will Freeza pull something evil enough to make even the Zenos and the High Priest realize what they've done? or will Freeza's scheme expose something about them that they want to keep hidden?

I mean if the Zenos and the High priest were "evil" I think we'd get more foreshadowing about it by now. More sinister stuff and quiet smiles that no one sees, ominous comments hinting at something else going on. and even if we did get foreshadowing about them being evil, what could Goku or anyone possibly do about it? the Zenos have shown to be powerful enough that they can just delete anyone in an instant without any effort, so any direct attempt at rebellion would automatically fail. you'd have to have a defense against conceptual attacks or pull off some serious deception and surprise to succeed against that. and I don't think Ultra-Instinct allows you to dodge Zeno's erasure.

So yeah, in all probability: Freeza is the villain of the arc. Zenos and the Grand Priest are so far just overpowered spectators that no one can do anything about.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #182
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

My predictions:

Goku and Jiren double eliminate each other.

Piccolo gets eliminated by Troppo and Dyspo.

Gohan eliminates Troppo, possibly going full Great Saiyaman.

Freiza Eliminates Dyspo.

Jiren eliminates Vegita.

#18 gets eliminated by the other robot people with #17 avenging her.

The tournament ends with universe 7 winning with Gohan, Freiza and #17 surviving.

Gohan ends up getting the wish and instead of simply wishing the universes back he brings the populations of the universes into universe 7 which is already mostly empty thanks to Freiza.

The only people upset with this outcome will be Freiza and the Grand Priest, who will be seen speaking to Freiza afterwards, making him a new GoD.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Episode 119
    Show

Vegeta Vs. Catoplesa! Seemingly a fight against a joke, but careful- this joke has lasted to 13 minutes. there must be something to Catoplesa for him to last this long. he is keeping up with super saiyan vegeta at the very least.

Sigh......remember when the Final Flash was an actual planet busting attack and not just another beam? those were the days.

but then suddenly.....someone eliminates Catoplesa out of nowhere.....invisibly. and nearly gets Vegeta to!

and Gamisaras the invisible lizard man gets knocked out by Piccolo and Gohan using their brains. two eliminations today.

wait, there were FOUR people still in for U4? huh. I miscalculated. will have to fix that.

well now there is two. U4 is falling rapidly.

Piccolo has been eliminated! Whoa. a U7 elimination, things are getting real

wait what, so it WAS only three!? I'm confuzzled I thought there was a second bug guy....

oh well.... U4 erased unceremoniously. got this far only to be defeated in one episode. worst part is, they barely made an impression and their trump card only got one person.

Tournament Status:
    U7: 6/10
    U3: 5/10
    U11: 3/10
    U4: Erased
    U2: Erased.
    U6: Erased.
    U10: Erased.
    U9: Erased.
    Total: 14 fighters remaining.

so yeah, this was an episode full of eliminations! five people from three different universes and now only U3, U11 and U7 remain. Which means.....U3? your next.

oh and whoever said that the three U3 robots are going to combine? you called it, the preview basically showed it off and nothing else. and.......sigh......Gohan. yeah. hope you don't get eliminated by a scrub Universe like U3? hope you get to U11? but yeah, U3 out survived U2, U4 and U6, impressive, I didn't think they'd get that far. which means that smarts (U3) allows you to survive longer than incompetence (U9) strength (U10), Love (U2) confidence/challenge-seeking (U6) or trickery (U4).

so yeah, suddenly universes are dropping like flies in desperate attempts to get a win and we're now falling like a stone towards the Tournament's end. Guess Kefla's elimination was the beginning of the end.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Show
    And thus do we say BYE BYE to the universe of deception. At least they TOOK someone out with them. But seriously how did Quitela not see that result coming? One more universe till 7 and 11 have their climactic showdown. We'll miss you 3.

EDIT: Lord Raziere they had two undetected fighters, not two bug fighters.
    Last edited by jindra34; 2017-12-09 at 09:43 PM.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Halfling in the Playground

Flumph

And #17 continues to impress. I swear, if he gets any cooler, Freeza's gonna start calling him "Big Bro".

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jindra34 View Post
    Show
    And thus do we say BYE BYE to the universe of deception. At least they TOOK someone out with them. But seriously how did Quitela not see that result coming? One more universe till 7 and 11 have their climactic showdown. We'll miss you 3.

EDIT: Lord Raziere they had two undetected fighters, not two bug fighters.
    Spoiler: 119 cont.
    Show

ah, got it.

and U4 was doing so well by just laying low to. if they had just been slightly more patient, U7 would've probably started fighting U3 just because there is no one else to engage aside from U11, and you don't want any distractions fighting those guys. then while U7 and U11 duke it out, you wait until they're like down to very few fighters, then use one of your undetected fighters to take a strong guy like Jiren or Goku or both out by knocking them off out of nowhere when they're on the edge and bam, U4 might've won if they just waited for the opportune moment for the bigger fish to fry each other.

while U3's tactical position is unenviable: they're basically the last tricky universe out there, and their targets are either U7 or U11 with their two titans of absolute power still in play. problem is, neither of these Universes are stupid enough to fight the other while U3 is still around. U3 would have to do pull something seriously clever to make U7 and U11 fight against each other rather than U3, then basically wait until those two weaken each other down to less than five members then just wait while U7 and U11 fight it out and win with the most fighters. but at the very least, Gohan and the Androids would see right through that and target them, as well as Freeza, assuming Piccolo and Roshi doesn't call down advice from the stands.

why U4 made this tactical move now is pretty weird admittedly. but then again, U4 might've tried to do this now because of U7's stamina: basically they're tired. Grand Priest said so himself. perhaps U4 thought that after taking out two Universes at once, they'd be vulnerable. but they most certainly made the wrong move in not continuing to hide and turtle.

now could any of the earlier Universes made it this far? I think U6 could've, they had a bunch of very good cards to play, and were the ones that most consistently gave U7 trouble. its just that the tournament is about how good are at playing those cards and not just how powerful those cards are. U4 and U3 survived longer than four other Universes because they kept what cards they had left close to their chest. Roshi might actually be the reason why U4 fell before U3, as he took out three different U4 fighters in one go, one of them being that shadow girl and other being Ganos. If he didn't do that, and those three fighters survived, U4's situation might've been much better. U6, if they didn't show their hand too soon might've made it this far and maybe even win.

could U2 have made it this far? uh, probably not. their cards while good, weren't as good as say U6 or U7's cards and they didn't play them very well.

U9 and U10, just plain didn't have any good cards at all and didn't play them well. U9 spent their opening hand all on the first turn and got defeated quickly for it. U10 only had one good card in Obuni and it wasn't good enough to even take out one guy.

but how is U7 playing their cards? so far, they seem to be reactionary. mostly grouping up into twos and ones maybe threes, playing defensive while other Universes attack them. Freeza and Vegeta however did go on the offensive and take out other guys, picking off weaker people to lighten the load.

How is U11 playing their cards? well early on they just spent half their hand on U6 for nothing. two of them were lost due to powerful fighters, then they did one shocking move proving how strong they are against Goku......then they just wait around, letting other Universes waste themselves against U7, with three Universes getting recently erased due to U7's actions in one form or another, with a fourth to come. (U9 and U10 got erased by U7 as well) problem is, this strategy only seems to work because of the plot dictating that everyone goes after U7 because the belief that Goku is evil. U11 is basically doing the classic villain tactic of "do absolutely nothing and thus cause everyone else to attack the heroes and thus weaken them for us to finish them off."

So yeah, U9 spent their entire hand on the first turn, U10 didn't have good cards or any plan, U2 and U6 had good cards but didn't play them right, U4 is a good player but doesn't have good cards to play given their focus on trickery, and U3 will probably also be a good card player but whose cards just aren't up to the task. Leaving U7 and U11, who are good card players with good hands.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

I guess expecting two interesting episodes in a row was too much... At least they got over it in a single episode. Now we have to get through a boring giant robot episode next week, and hopefully something worth watching happens after that...
    Homebrew Stuff:

8. - Top - End - #188

SwashbucklerGuy

Screw this #17 wankery. Piccolo is the one with super hearing, he should have been the one to figure out Damon's secret.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Troubadour View Post
    Screw this #17 wankery. Piccolo is the one with super hearing, he should have been the one to figure out Damon's secret.
    Not really.

Piccolo has more acute hearing yes, but there is more going on than just Damon, more battles being fought and therefore would drown him out, plus the fact that Damon has no wings, the wings which produce the buzz of a bug are the most audible part of a bug, which would make Damon even quieter. sometimes higher senses just means sensory overload.

10. - Top - End - #190

SwashbucklerGuy

I don't disagree with any of that. I don't even disagree with the episode's explanation that the Z-Fighters rely too much on sensing the enemy's energy instead of using their other senses.
    I'm just salty Piccolo was ringed out in such a boring way just to set up yet another moment of glory for #17.
    Ah, well. At least he had a good run, unlike Krillin and Tien.

11. - Top - End - #191

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by The Troubadour View Post
    Who are you to decide who we can or can't wank? You're not the Dragon Ball Wank Police. It's our God-given right to wank the pretty cyborg, and I won't stand for this intolerant behavior.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chapter 30 of the Manga:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Jiren doesn't wants to fight in the Tournament, because he can't arrange it with his Principles to fight People, whose defeat would mean the Erasure of their Universe.

Okay, this makes at least more Sense 17s Reasons. The Manga says, that he is absolutely dedicated to Justice, so I can understand a bit, why he wouldn't want to be the Judge of which Universe gets to live and which Universe gets to die, when he knows nothing of the other Universes. Toppo can't believe, that Jiren would just sacrifice everything, he worked so hard for and asks him, if that is really Justice in his Opinion, but Jiren doesn't want to answer that.

Belmod tells Jiren about the Super Dragonballs and says, that there is one Wish that Jiren wants to've fulfilled, for which he'd sacrifice his Principles.

So even though Belmod is evil in the Manga it doesn't seems to be like the Pride Troopers are evil in the Manga. I already like this Jiren more. Maybe it is just my Interpretation, but the way he is silently standing with his back to Toppo, when he asks him, reads to me, like his Decision wasn't easy for him.

Okay, maybe that's just what Jiren does.

I wonder if that Wish of Jiren is also a Thing in the Anime and is just not revealed yet. Maybe Jiren doesn't really wants to fight anyone but the really strong guys, because he wants to fight the least amount of Universe Protectors possible?

13. - Top - End - #193

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Future Sword View Post
    It's our God-given right to wank the pretty cyborg, [...]
    ...Double entendre intended, I assume? :-P

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

Hey guys an idea:

I'm gonna list all the possible ways this arc could end with everyone alive and all the Universes restored:
    Spoiler: List
    Show

1. Goku wishes them back and convinces Zen-Oh that we should have a tournament like every five years but without erasing anyone.
    2. Grand Priest since he is the father of angels who can rewind time for three minutes, and more powerful, he rewinds time for 48 minutes and declares U7 the winner at the start of the tournament when everyone is still alive- why else would he put such a specific time limit upon the whole thing?
    3. Zen-Oh himself realizes that lives have value because the tournament was so fun and exciting and now they will never one like it ever again because they are all gone, and will want them brought back.
    4. Vegeta wins and wishes everyone back, similar realizations for Zen-Oh occur
    5. Jiren wins, and wishes for True Justice. The dragon complies and it turns out true justice is bringing back all 18 universes and erasing Zen-Oh forever for his crimes.
    6. Freeza wins and wishes back all the Universes so that they are all in his debt and cashes in U4 or U9's debt to become their God of Destruction
    7. Gohan defeats Jiren and wishes back all the Universes into U7 as one big universe
    8. Turns out the Grand Priest is evil for some reason and is trying to accomplish something by erasing universes, somehow imprisons Zen-Oh from acting so he can't be erased and command his Angels try to wipe out the last mortals left to oppose him, but Goku and Jiren defeat him, Zen-Oh's innocence is destroyed after this betrayal and he sadly brings back the Universes
    9. Turns out the Grand Priest was good, this was all a ploy to teach Zen-Oh that actions have consequences and he brings them all back or reveals that they have just been teleported to some other dimension or rewinds time
    10. Turns out the Grand Priest is good and Zen-Oh is completely evil. this tournament is the Grand Priests ploy to send all these Universes to another dimension to protect them from Zen-Oh's wrath where Zen-Oh can't see or erase them. They then come up with a plan to get rid of Zen-Oh and put Grand Priest on the throne

Now for ridiculous troll endings:
    11. Robotoriyama comes out of nowhere and outright breaks the fourth wall going "yeah guys, the people upstairs say I have to bring them all back for business reasons or people will get mad. sorry, but I gotta draw them all back in."
    12. Future Trunks somehow comes back and kills both Zen-Oh's with one sweep of his sword then wishes all the universes back by speaking fluent god language by himself then taking off into the sunset all the while wearing sunglasses.
    13. ZAMASU comes back, kills both Zenos in a single strike shouting "REVENGE!!" then wishes back all the universes out of spite to Zen-Oh and turns to the mortals shouting "i-i-i-its not as if I LIKE you filthy ningens or anything! BAKA!" while running out like a tsundere.
    14. Perfect Cell somehow shows up, uses the Evil containment wave on the Zen-Oh's and wishes on the Dragon Balls to restore the Universes so he can absorb fighters from all of them become more powerful. Then gets defeated by Dr. Rota.
    15. Majin Buu wakes up early against predictions, absorbs both Zen-Oh's before they realize whats happening then uses his majin magic boosted by Zen-Oh's infinite power to bring them all back
    16. The Time Patrol suddenly shows up and is like "yeah this isn't how its supposed to go, we got to correct the timeline so everyone survives."
    17. Goku gets knocked out, when the dust clears Bardock has come out of nowhere, everyone mistakes Bardock for Goku and he defeats Jiren somehow, then wishes everyone back and goes to live with U6 saiyans realizing they are the saiyan race he didn't know he wanted.
    18. Both Zen-Oh's put on Goku wigs while cheering Goku on then Broly suddenly comes out of nowhere and kills them both yelling "KAKAROOOOT!" which is coincidentally the word in god language that specifically means "bring all the universes back to life" which the dragon interprets as such and when they come back, Broly is then defeated by Catoplesa. Oddly he doesn't notice Goku at all the whole time.
    19. Yamcha comes out of nowhere between Goku and Jiren and dies from them both hitting him while he yells "Guys! stop fighting!" Zen-Oh is so saddened by this he immediately stops the tournament and demands everyone be brought back to life, ESPECIALLY Yamcha, being the one person in all 12 universes that actually cares about him aside from Puar.
    20. Present Zen-Oh roots for Goku, Future Zen-Oh roots for Jiren since he is the strongest and this Zen-Oh has no friendship with Goku, in their disagreement they fight and destroy each other, the Grand Priest proclaims "JUST AS PLANNED!" and brings back all the universes.
    21. The Super-Omni King, Ruler of All Multiverses suddenly comes out of nowhere and puts a stop to this by just showing up the same way Zen-Oh did with the Champa tournament, turns out Whis was wrong and the god positions just keep going upwards for infinity.

so yeah there is like 10 different non ridiculous ways this could end without anyone staying erased. and 11 more that would be completely ridiculous.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Hey guys an idea:

I'm gonna list all the possible ways this arc could end with everyone alive and all the Universes restored:
    Spoiler: List
    Show

1. Goku wishes them back and convinces Zen-Oh that we should have a tournament like every five years but without erasing anyone.
    2. Grand Priest since he is the father of angels who can rewind time for three minutes, and more powerful, he rewinds time for 48 minutes and declares U7 the winner at the start of the tournament when everyone is still alive- why else would he put such a specific time limit upon the whole thing?
    3. Zen-Oh himself realizes that lives have value because the tournament was so fun and exciting and now they will never one like it ever again because they are all gone, and will want them brought back.
    4. Vegeta wins and wishes everyone back, similar realizations for Zen-Oh occur
    5. Jiren wins, and wishes for True Justice. The dragon complies and it turns out true justice is bringing back all 18 universes and erasing Zen-Oh forever for his crimes.
    6. Freeza wins and wishes back all the Universes so that they are all in his debt and cashes in U4 or U9's debt to become their God of Destruction
    7. Gohan defeats Jiren and wishes back all the Universes into U7 as one big universe
    8. Turns out the Grand Priest is evil for some reason and is trying to accomplish something by erasing universes, somehow imprisons Zen-Oh from acting so he can't be erased and command his Angels try to wipe out the last mortals left to oppose him, but Goku and Jiren defeat him, Zen-Oh's innocence is destroyed after this betrayal and he sadly brings back the Universes
    9. Turns out the Grand Priest was good, this was all a ploy to teach Zen-Oh that actions have consequences and he brings them all back or reveals that they have just been teleported to some other dimension or rewinds time
    10. Turns out the Grand Priest is good and Zen-Oh is completely evil. this tournament is the Grand Priests ploy to send all these Universes to another dimension to protect them from Zen-Oh's wrath where Zen-Oh can't see or erase them. They then come up with a plan to get rid of Zen-Oh and put Grand Priest on the throne

Now for ridiculous troll endings:
    11. Robotoriyama comes out of nowhere and outright breaks the fourth wall going "yeah guys, the people upstairs say I have to bring them all back for business reasons or people will get mad. sorry, but I gotta draw them all back in."
    12. Future Trunks somehow comes back and kills both Zen-Oh's with one sweep of his sword then wishes all the universes back by speaking fluent god language by himself then taking off into the sunset all the while wearing sunglasses.
    13. ZAMASU comes back, kills both Zenos in a single strike shouting "REVENGE!!" then wishes back all the universes out of spite to Zen-Oh and turns to the mortals shouting "i-i-i-its not as if I LIKE you filthy ningens or anything! BAKA!" while running out like a tsundere.
    14. Perfect Cell somehow shows up, uses the Evil containment wave on the Zen-Oh's and wishes on the Dragon Balls to restore the Universes so he can absorb fighters from all of them become more powerful. Then gets defeated by Dr. Rota.
    15. Majin Buu wakes up early against predictions, absorbs both Zen-Oh's before they realize whats happening then uses his majin magic boosted by Zen-Oh's infinite power to bring them all back
    16. The Time Patrol suddenly shows up and is like "yeah this isn't how its supposed to go, we got to correct the timeline so everyone survives."
    17. Goku gets knocked out, when the dust clears Bardock has come out of nowhere, everyone mistakes Bardock for Goku and he defeats Jiren somehow, then wishes everyone back and goes to live with U6 saiyans realizing they are the saiyan race he didn't know he wanted.
    18. Both Zen-Oh's put on Goku wigs while cheering Goku on then Broly suddenly comes out of nowhere and kills them both yelling "KAKAROOOOT!" which is coincidentally the word in god language that specifically means "bring all the universes back to life" which the dragon interprets as such and when they come back, Broly is then defeated by Catoplesa. Oddly he doesn't notice Goku at all the whole time.
    19. Yamcha comes out of nowhere between Goku and Jiren and dies from them both hitting him while he yells "Guys! stop fighting!" Zen-Oh is so saddened by this he immediately stops the tournament and demands everyone be brought back to life, ESPECIALLY Yamcha, being the one person in all 12 universes that actually cares about him aside from Puar.
    20. Present Zen-Oh roots for Goku, Future Zen-Oh roots for Jiren since he is the strongest and this Zen-Oh has no friendship with Goku, in their disagreement they fight and destroy each other, the Grand Priest proclaims "JUST AS PLANNED!" and brings back all the universes.
    21. The Super-Omni King, Ruler of All Multiverses suddenly comes out of nowhere and puts a stop to this by just showing up the same way Zen-Oh did with the Champa tournament, turns out Whis was wrong and the god positions just keep going upwards for infinity.

so yeah there is like 10 different non ridiculous ways this could end without anyone staying erased. and 11 more that would be completely ridiculous.
    #13 is the winner. So much the winner that I now can't picture any other way of this ending. It's just...so perfect in it's ridiculousness that I can't want anything else now.
    Last edited by Starwulf; 2017-12-11 at 02:52 AM.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Banned

Hey guys an idea:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I like the idea Goku and Jiren fight to a standstill. A benched Vegeta convinces King Kai to put Goku in contact with his father Bardock for one last motivational speech but they accidentally contact Broly whose translated shout resurrects everyone because surprise Goku & Jiren killed each other. The Grand Priest rewinds time, both Zenos get into a fight against each other over the ending. Yamcha reveals he is really Tori-bot and he animates a grand omni king that fixes everything.

The last episode ends with a preview of Dragonball GT: Toyotaro Edition which promises to stick to the humor themes in Z/Super while bringing all your favorite content from GT up to date with the new god stuff pleasing fans of every spectrum.
    Last edited by Mato; 2017-12-11 at 02:08 PM.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mato View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I like the idea Goku and Jiren fight to a standstill. A benched Vegeta convinces King Kai to put Goku in contact with his father Bardock for one last motivational speech but they accidentally contact Broly whose translated shout resurrects everyone because surprise Goku & Jiren killed each other. The Grand Priest rewinds time, both Zenos get into a fight against each other over the ending. Yamcha reveals he is really Tori-bot and he animates a grand omni king that fixes everything.

The last episode ends with a preview of Dragonball GT: Toyotaro Edition which promises to stick to the humor themes in Z/Super while bringing all your favorite content from GT up to date with the new god stuff pleasing fans of every spectrum.
    I don't like the part where GT fans get to be happy.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    I don't like the part where GT fans get to be happy.
    What, you didn't like the evil Jazzercisers?

19. - Top - End - #199

Quote Originally Posted by Mato View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

What I liked about GT/Z was that it didn't have god forms.
    Spoiler: Pixel avatar and Raincloud Durkoala were made by me. The others are the work of Cuthalion.
    Show

Cuteness and Magic and Phone Moogles, oh my! Let's Watch Card Captor Sakura!Sadly on a small hiatus.

Durkoala reads a book! It's about VR and the nineties!

20. - Top - End - #200
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Durkoala View Post
    What I liked about GT/Z was that it didn't have god forms.
    You are a few decades too late.
    Nakatsuru: The “Dragon Ball” kanzenban have brought in new readers, and I think that as fans it’s only natural that they’d want to see a new “Dragon Ball Z” title. What would you think about making a new anime work about once a year or so?
    Toriyama: Oh, I’d like to see that.
    Nakatsuru: But by the final chapter, Goku had gotten pretty old. And even after that he was the main character for the anime-original “Dragon Ball GT”. If we’re going to be making stories left and right here, maybe we should rewind time a bit and make them stories set sometime in the past.
    Toriyama: I think so too. Instead of continuing the story further and further into the future, it’d be better to do a separate episode style of story development where you go back in time and go “this sort of enemy was here, and this sort of story”. Just say “it wasn’t in the original work, but this sort of story happened”. Maybe that would be better.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ettin in the Playground

So I was just looking through DBZ Abridged History of Trunks, and I saw this:

https://youtu.be/69J67L4b0xU?t=859

Published in 2015.
    I checked a youtube of the original dialog, it's not there.

But 2 years later...

https://youtu.be/fe6Q6QVShcE?t=52

Combine this with the "intimidating popo" in super... and Toriama TOTALLY watches TFS.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rakaydos View Post
    So I was just looking through DBZ Abridged History of Trunks, and I saw this:

https://youtu.be/69J67L4b0xU?t=859

Published in 2015.
    I checked a youtube of the original dialog, it's not there.

But 2 years later...

https://youtu.be/fe6Q6QVShcE?t=52

Combine this with the "intimidating popo" in super... and Toriama TOTALLY watches TFS.
    No.

That Android 17 became a park ranger was hinted at at the very end of Z(when 17, in his jacket, points agun at two poaches around the time Goku is requesting energy for the spirit bomb) and was confirmed by Toriyama in an databook interview(I think) that aso stated that he married a zoologist and adopted two kids(he has three kids in Super, but mentions that two are adopted, so still.)

TFS took it from Toyiama, not the other way around.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rakaydos View Post
    Thats nothing, he has:
    -put in lesbian fighters at least once
    -developed the androids and gave them both families
    -gave Freeza a tracing finger beam attack
    -made a magical girl parody universe
    -said magical girl parody universe has costume based super forms that anyone can apparently use rather than it being tied to biology
    -made a silvery transformation that is more like enlightenment and doesn't change hair color

at this point I'm wondering whether Toriyama reads the Dragon Ball roleplay I'm in as well, or if we just think on very similar wavelengths.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Colossus in the Playground

Meanwhile, every Dragon Ball OC I've ever made has been reformulated at least once in the last year due to things revealed in Super.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Spoiler: Episode 120
    Show
    So the smart universe gets owned because they didn't think their plan through. Good freaking job. Yeah you may have had an edge (though it looked evenly matched) at 1 versus 1 with your super combo bot, but that decreased your count horribly so it got creamed in a 3 on 1, or well it looked like it, but they have 1 trick still in the bag.
    Last edited by jindra34; 2017-12-16 at 09:22 PM.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Episode 120:
    Show

Its time for episode 120, aka, U3's day to die. too bad, you had a good run eh? survived all the other universes that didn't have plot guarantees!

oh, looks like the Zen-Oh's are finally starting to see how as the numbers dwindle, the excitement dies down in ways. there is only so much until there is nothing left.....

and U3 begins their assault on U7, using their five warriors to try and take out U7.....probably the most logical thing to actually. U11 may be more powerful.....the tournament win is decided who has the most. and thats currently U7.

um.....yeah U3.....Viara is facing against the two foes of U7 that DON'T TIRE OUT. and yet you never observed that?

So Gohan wants the other three warriors of U3 to fight him only so that Goku and Vegeta save their stamina for U11. smart.

so Viara is taken out by the Androids. raise hand if you saw this coming *raises hand*

now its time for Plan X. kay, U3, bust out your big trump card. SHOW US WHAT YA GOT.

behold, Koichiarator! the merged warrior of U3! its basically a power rangers mecha. wow. so smart.

.....yeah, your not going to win the Koichiarator guys, I know your real proud but.....

oh godrammit, GOKU! VEGETA! GOHAN WAS DOING AN AWESOME! DON'T INTERRUPT!

and U3 gets underwhelmingly knocked out despite all attempts to try and make it awesome. yeah, U3 really never had a chance.

oh? But Paparoni is still in?

no.......Paparoni still has one last clever plan up his sleeve. they're still in both of them are. I wonder what that plan is!

Tournament Status:
    U3: 4/10
    Total: 13 fighters remaining.

Preview:
    Oh.

Its. Just. A Bigger. Warrior.

........That looks a little weird and bio-mechanical and......such.....

Yeah, U3 could've been done a looooooooooooooooooooooooooot better. just like, how do you go from writing the pure hax that Dr. Gero and his Androids are to making this lame stuff, man?

27. - Top - End - #207

Flumph

I really wasn't big on the art for this episode. It looked goofy a lot of the time, and there was some glaring recycled animation. I can only imagine they're saving the big bucks for after U3 goes down.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Future Sword View Post
    I really wasn't big on the art for this episode. It looked goofy a lot of the time, and there was some glaring recycled animation. I can only imagine they're saving the big bucks for after U3 goes down.
    Probably. That's been Super's M.O. the entire series. Lackluster art and animation the majority of the time with an emphasis or the "big" fights.

29. - Top - End - #209

BlackDragon

Spoiler: Episode 120:
    Show

Its time for episode 120, aka, U3's day to die. too bad, you had a good run eh? survived all the other universes that didn't have plot guarantees!

oh, looks like the Zen-Oh's are finally starting to see how as the numbers dwindle, the excitement dies down in ways. there is only so much until there is nothing left.....

and U3 begins their assault on U7, using their five warriors to try and take out U7.....probably the most logical thing to actually. U11 may be more powerful.....the tournament win is decided who has the most. and thats currently U7.

um.....yeah U3.....Viara is facing against the two foes of U7 that DON'T TIRE OUT. and yet you never observed that?

So Gohan wants the other three warriors of U3 to fight him only so that Goku and Vegeta save their stamina for U11. smart.

so Viara is taken out by the Androids. raise hand if you saw this coming *raises hand*

now its time for Plan X. kay, U3, bust out your big trump card. SHOW US WHAT YA GOT.

behold, Koichiarator! the merged warrior of U3! its basically a power rangers mecha. wow. so smart.

.....yeah, your not going to win the Koichiarator guys, I know your real proud but.....

oh godrammit, GOKU! VEGETA! GOHAN WAS DOING AN AWESOME! DON'T INTERRUPT!

and U3 gets underwhelmingly knocked out despite all attempts to try and make it awesome. yeah, U3 really never had a chance.

oh? But Paparoni is still in?

no.......Paparoni still has one last clever plan up his sleeve. they're still in both of them are. I wonder what that plan is!

Tournament Status:
    U3: 4/10
    Total: 13 fighters remaining.

Preview:
    Oh.

Its. Just. A Bigger. Warrior.

........That looks a little weird and bio-mechanical and......such.....

Yeah, U3 could've been done a looooooooooooooooooooooooooot better. just like, how do you go from writing the pure hax that Dr. Gero and his Androids are to making this lame stuff, man?

That's a good question. How in the Hell IS Gero' s droids better than the best of an entire universe that is dedicated to such things? Pretty sure that Cell at this point would be dying of laughter after seeing them.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by HolyDraconus View Post
    That's a good question. How in the Hell IS Gero' s droids better than the best of an entire universe that is dedicated to such things? Pretty sure that Cell at this point would be dying of laughter after seeing them.
    Might as well ask how it is that a single planet is the home of pretty much all of an entire universe's strongest fighters. "They all inspired each other to greater efforts at improvement" only goes so far.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)