New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202136 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 44

Quote Originally Posted by Harnel View Post
    [Arkham Street - Lewt]

Amlin will attempt to pick up the teddy bear, examining it with an appraising eye. An odd little thing, it was. "I wonder what this does."
    Amlin has acquired Bak'lar's Adorable Teddy of Terror!

By speaking the command word and throwing the bear at a foe's feet they will believe it to be the most horrifying monster imaginable! Which of course usually means flailing and something that isn't there or fleeing in terror, also from something that isn't there.

Oh.

And the bear is also oh so very snuggly.

What a find!

The rest of the lewts is sucked back into the swirling portal which then spirals shut!
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #302
    Orc in the Playground

Blue Zone- Yoghurt Street

It's raining for this part of Inside. Nowhere else, though, which is odd.

Though not quite as odd as the rain itself; it's falling upwards, from the floor, and pooling in umbrellas and things like that. This has, naturally, attracted quite a lot of commotion from the street's residents and passers-by.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

3. - Top - End - #303

[Blue Zone - Yoghurt Street]

Well well well.

Who's this?

It's a rather manly looking man! Big and strong and BEARD! He's dressed in typical mountain-man attire and sadly not carrying a logging axe. Because that would just be a little too silly.

Who is this beardly fellow?

Why none other than Freddy the Huldra!

This seems to be the first time he's encountered a female that wasn't into the whole clean-shaven pretty-boy look. And it's nice not to feel emasculated for a change.

Pretty boys, girls, and sort of cute demon-foxes all around previously. Now he's chance to wrestle bears and cut down trees with his facial hair!

Or just be puzzled about the rain.

"This is really puzzling," he comments as he watches the rain fall into the sky.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Orc in the Playground

The rain continues to fall upwards. A few puzzled people have umbrellas out; they're now holding pools of water. Wouldn't want to be them when it stops raining.

There's bound to be a clue as to why this is happening somewhere, Freddy!

5. - Top - End - #305
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post

[Inside Warehouse Raid]

Dipsnig stays behind the turret as the truck drives. He's actually looking forward to using it. If stealth isn't an option, the favourite goblin way of eliminating opposition is to do it with a big gun from a safe distance.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post

[Inside Factory Raid]

The trip to the factory to be razed will be quite short and quick! With any luck, it’ll be relatively painless as well, but since Percilia isn’t the one driving, that’s not my call. Percilia won’t speak for the entire duration of the journey unless explicitly spoken to. A near accident won’t even be heeded by her. She seems to be jotting something down on a notepad, which she’ll abandon in the space near her feet two blocks away from the place in question. That leaves the GPS to guide Lady Rannall. She’ll direct Lady Rannall to park in a slot a block away from the factory, telling the driver to zoom through the perimeter defense of the factory and into any wall she chooses after 4 minutes have elapsed before leaving the crew all alone with her ludicrously expensive vehicle of deadliness and awesome.
    It should be noted, that since Percilia said that the Lady would be driving through a warehouse wall, Raennall took a moment to note the weakest portions of the warehouse they are currently leaving so she can operate off the assumption that most warehouses are created similarly.

That expensive vehicle of deadliness and awesome is being driven by a complete novice, so 'near accidents' abound. First, getting out of the warehouse they will discover if the warehouse wall is stronger or if the humvee's side-mirror is stronger. The Lady promptly notes that the vehicle is a little wider than she thought, and avoids making that mistake again.

She starts out driving on the wrong side of the road, just because nobody told her there was a correct side... Dipsnig might want to inform her of this salient fact.

Next there is the small issue of blind spots when changing lanes... nobody dies. No excessive collateral damage is caused to the other vehicle. All is ok.

Thankfully, they encounter very few vehicles.

((I'm slightly confused by your last paragraph, so correct me if I make any inaccurate assumptions))

Raennal slows down to a rolling stop to let Percilia hop out two blocks from the factory. Judging by her raised eyebrow she finds Percilia's choice to exit so far away odd, but does not question her employer. Instead she just nods in reply to the orders to follow the GPS, park one block away, and then drive through the wall four minutes later. Percilia will cut the power, Raennall and Dipsnig will burst through the wall. Surprise attack. A tactic the Lady has used before, but in a much less high-tech manner.

She finally pulls the vehicle to a halt in the parking spot a block away from the factory. There are a few seconds left before she needs to rev the engine for their sudden arrival, so she reaches down and snags that abandoned notebook. Her eyes fly over the page, quickly assessing what is written there.

((Morty: I will have a reply for the Chase from Limit Street scene soon. Just give me some more time please. ))
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

Former alias: wingrae, Wooly Winged Wonder

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

6. - Top - End - #306

[Blue Zone - Yoghurt Street]

Freddy's BEARD POWER is unable to detect the source of his strange happening!

Guess he'll just have to use more mundane methods of search then. Like wandering around and looking at stuff.

First thing he tries to do?

Find the edge of the effect!

If he's learned anything about weather in the Nexus it's that weather tends to be absurdly localized. There will probably be a spot where it just isn't raining anymore.

Or where it's raining in the right direction.

7. - Top - End - #307
    Orc in the Playground

The rain upwards is for a good distance in both directions along Yoghurt Street. The effect is confined to Yoghurt Street; turning off it means it's no longer raining. As that now very wet guy with an umbrella found out, water stops staying up when the area of effect is left. There's no rain in the surrounding areas.

8. - Top - End - #308

[Yoghurt Street]

"Well... that really is weird,"
    Freddy mutters as he watches some poor sod get totally soaked when the guy's umbrella decides to be a jerk and upend its contents all over him.

Hmm...

Confined to the street.

Coming off the ground.

Falling into the sky.

Next up Freddy will check the ground to see if he can't figure out where the water is coming from! After that he'll peer into the heavens to see if he can't ascertain where it's going!

9. - Top - End - #309
    Orc in the Playground

Yoghurt Street

The ground is dry. Even though water is 'falling' up off it, it's dry. There's no water on it. Actually, the air is dry about an inch above the ground, too. Above, there's a large cloud; it looks like a rain cloud. Only with water being added to it rather than subtracted.

Also, the umbrella had filled with upward-falling water; when the umbrella left the area of upward falling water, it fell down, over the guy carrying it.

10. - Top - End - #310

[Yoghurt Street]

Well.

That's interesting.

Cloud collecting the water.

No water on the ground. Just sort of poofing into existence and then falling up. No obvious cause, either. After careful study and observation Fredrick concludes that the Nexus is really strange and decides to leave the rainy area so he won't get wet anymore.

Because being wet isn't all that much fun.

Unless something rather unusual takes place he's probably going to depart! Because, again, being wet isn't that much fun.

11. - Top - End - #311
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    Amlin has acquired Bak'lar's Adorable Teddy of Terror!

By speaking the command word and throwing the bear at a foe's feet they will believe it to be the most horrifying monster imaginable! Which of course usually means flailing and something that isn't there or fleeing in terror, also from something that isn't there.

Oh.

And the bear is also oh so very snuggly.

What a find!

The rest of the lewts is sucked back into the swirling portal which then spirals shut!
    [Arkham Street - Lewt]

Amlin is surprised by the teddy being magical, but not terribly so. Simply another thing to make use of.

And what's this? it has a fear enchantment! strangely very useful to a necromancer. Amlin will shove the teddy into the same pocket as the Screamskull, but with nobody around that seems to be interested in him, he decides to move on. Maybe there's something interesting to do over there...
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

12. - Top - End - #312
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

[Yoghurt Street, Where the Rain Falls Up!]

((if this is some sort of closed plot, let me know and I'll erase this ))

Someone else is here, and she doesn't seem to care that the rain is falling up instead of down, she is too busy dancing in circles on the oddly dry street and laughing at the sky as the rain soaks her jeans and t-shirt.

She looks much too old to be dancing around in the cold rain like a little kid. Her two-tone hair and assortment of odd earrings say 'teenager!', her actions say 'child', but her build and something about her eyes says she should be working or in college like the 'good' young adults.

Clearly this chick doesn't care what she looks like, instead she is now chortling at the way people's umbrellas have the opposite effect and is trying to convince a passerby to sell her his umbrella for the Nexus equivalent of five dollars. She doesn't look disappointed when the attempt fails and she's called an idiot by the rude fellow. She just smiles wider and starts whistling a tune that carries though the air like birdsong.

[The Chase From Limit Street]

Well, Winguardia is headed east and to head toward the noise the fellow on the motorcycle must head south, so the two are at right angles to each other, meaning that as 'Guardia runs down the street she should see Anatolij heading into the same intersection that she is one block away from right about ... now.

The sight of the police motorcycle sends her skidding to a halt. Dragan is behind her and the motorcycle is in front. Well. This won't do. First things first: take care of the motorcycle. The can't out-run that. She heads south out of the street and into another person's yard. There's a six foot tall wooden fence there. As she runs she flaps her wings.

The weight of the goop may make actual flight an uncertain prospect, but merely as an aid to jump very, very high the nine foot long appendages are perfect, she literally takes a flying leap toward that fence.

Winguardia's mind is running as fast as her feet are. "I hope those two went to the meeting spot. I can't out-run these cops forever. Doesn't look like I'm gonna loose them on my own. I'll head for the roundevous point, and if things go sideways my pals can always shadow jump out of there..."

((Note to Mindfreak, post for Dave's clinic is coming. I was hoping to hear what is up with the other patient that was teleported to the clinic in the Clarissa timeline before posting))
    Last edited by LadyOfWar; 2012-04-19 at 08:49 PM. Reason: The ground isn't wet, and add a note
    Expect my character 'Wanderer' to simply vanish. Please always err on the side of continuing without me. My schedule makes my posting patchy at times and I don't want to hold up other folks' fun.

I'm officially back! Whee! I should be able to post regularly for a few months :-)

13. - Top - End - #313
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Random Street

Quiz wanders throughout the city, occasionally asking a random question of a passerby. He's not quite sure where he's going or what he'll do when he gets there but for now he's just gathering information.
    Spoiler: Those That Came Before
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

14. - Top - End - #314

[Yoghurt Street]

As far as Rebo knows this wasn't meant to be closed. Saw it posted and just jumped in because no one else seemed to be paying attention to it.

Anywho!

The silly dancing person manages to catch Fredrick's attention!

Why?

Well...

Mostly because she seems to be having a lot more fun in the rain than all these random grumpy people who lack the sense to put their umbrella down on the ground so that it'll drain.

The Huldra watches the failed attempt at buying and umbrella and considers this thoughtfully. And then has an idea! A few wisps of ghost blue Fox Fire dance their way out from under the fellow's plaid shirt and begin amalgamating together until they take the form of a totally normal looking umbrella!

It's somewhat crude looking, made of wood and branches and several layers of thickly waxed paper. But it should hold! He'll head toward the girl and hold it out to her. "You look like you could use an umbrella, m'lady," he says in a gruff, deep voice.

[Random Street]

Random questions are a dangerous thing to ask!

Whilst the robot's back is turned an aluminum trash can begins wobbling toward him!

15. - Top - End - #315
    Pixie in the Playground

SamuraiGirl

[Yoghurt Street, Where the Rain Falls Up!]

The gal turns around abruptly at the sound of the lumber-jack looking fellow's voice. "Oh! Thank you kind sir!" She replies and gives an over-sized curtsey, then takes the umbrella. "And it's organic!" A wide smile pulls at the corners of her mouth.

She holds the umbrella out to the side, not above her head, trying to catch as much of the rising water as possible.

She'll note if the rain tugs at the umbrella or not.

[Dave's Free Clinic]

Westlanna hears to beeper, and hurries inside. Since the breakroom is closer than the locker room Wes pops in there for an instant to hang up her jacket and throw the leftovers of her lunch in the fridge as she hurries to the OR. So much for lunch break! But such is life.

The pokemon barely get a second glance as she enters the operating room, she merely ensures that they do not sneak past the door.

16. - Top - End - #316

GnomeWizardGuy

Random Street

Quiz hears the can and turns around, his one eye blinking.Moving metal waste receptacle. Possible small mammal. Best course of action is to wait to see if it's hostile. that is what flashes through Quiz's processor in a millisecond. He stands completely still.
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

17. - Top - End - #317

[Yoghurt Street]

Organic in about the same way one of those traditional oriental umbrellas would be. It certainly isn't alive, though.

The Fox Fire functions much in the sense of a 'real' illusion. An illusion with substance that can be touched and felt and smelled. Though it isn't really an umbrella it'll continue to act like one so long as Freddy is close.

Which means he'll have to sit here in the rain whilst the young woman dances around if she is to continue.

Which means he'll keep getting wet.

But suddenly he has an idea!

The burly man stoops down as ghostly blue wisps collect around his hands and resolve into a rather wide bucket! He'll step inside the bucket and maybe have an inverted umbrella to keep the rain off!

Clever!

"You seem to be enjoying the unusual weather, m'lady,"
    he comments politely.

[Random Street]

As soon as the robot looks the trash can stops moving and remains still.

18. - Top - End - #318

GnomeWizardGuy

Random Street

Quiz turns around and resumes his wandering. If the can goes back to following him he'll wait until its close and then spin around, back handing it with his good arm. The other arm is made up of simple steam technology and ends in a three-pronged claw rather than a three-fingered and one-thumbed hand.
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

19. - Top - End - #319

[Random Street]

Trash can just sits there being an inanimate object.

Because everyone knows that trash cans can't move.

And so the robot walks off...

Only to whirl around!

Huh.

Trash can is gone!

Should he turn once more he'll find the can sitting in front of him now!

20. - Top - End - #320

Quote Originally Posted by Hipho View Post
    Alley Near DFI

Jurassico shakes his head. I called myself a villain not because I'm guilty but because I'm anti-hero. Anti-those-meddlesome-little-gits-who-tried-to-stop-me-at-the-zoo. So I figure if they're going to hate me, call me a villain, and try to stop me, why not embrace the villain persona and FIGHT BACK. So really, weather you consider yourself guilty or not isn't t my concern. My concern is if you're as tired as I am with the "heros" of the Nexus meddling where they don't belong.
    Alley Near DFI

The guy listens and comments his first part just with a . "Just a point of view." He observes the little very closely. He doesn't seem to understand this little guy well.

"I don't really understand why your going to say. And I don't see how a little Rex like you will beat these 'heroes' as you call them."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

21. - Top - End - #321

Pokemon Gym

The man from before is inside, off to the side in a small office. A younger child is sitting on one of those big chairs that look more fun to spin on than they actually are.

Look, We'll get you back home, okay? I don't know where we are, but I'm going out soon with Flygon and Pelipper to scout around, okay?

No response from the huddled form.

I need you to look after the gym - Lanturn and Mama will be staying around to help.

Silence.

Come on, we'll get home! I'll just ask around at a bar somewhere where we are and then we can fly home on Pelipper.

...Fine. Says the voice from the chair.

Cool, great. Noone should need feeding right now, so just make sure noone comes in, alright? I'm gonna head off. The man jogs out of the room while the young boy sits up and looks after him.

An odd, bug-eyed dragon and a large pelican-like bird with blue patches appear in bursts of red light, the man mounts the pelican, and they take off simultaneously.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

22. - Top - End - #322
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mindfreak View Post
    Nexus Zoo
    "Marble, you are needed. Just today you saved me from being crippled for possibly the rest of my life. Not bad for the first time with a new team. I'm sure once we get some training done with each other you will be even better than today."
    She then looks at Peter.
    "The T-Rex shrunk it."
    And then she stuck it through a portal!
    "Happenstance." Says Mister Marble.
    "Anyone could have done it, if they'd been there."

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    "He's a... Drageon." Becca says after a moment of hesitation. All these new evolutions are hard to keep straight. "He's very rare." There's a touch of her usual pride creeping into her voice again.
    "Are the- Oooh! Thanks!"
    Caela retrieves the her and her friends' pokemon, despite having only given the nurse her friends'. My my, they are efficient!
    I think she's just forgotten about Becca and her Drageon. >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

23. - Top - End - #323

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    "Happenstance." Says Mister Marble.
    "Anyone could have done it, if they'd been there."
    "Maybe so but it was you who was there."
    "We need you, Mister, not someone else because no one else will do."
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

24. - Top - End - #324
    Ogre in the Playground

[PokeCentre]

Becca continues to wait for a response for a moment... Why the heck is she ignoring her?! "Hey, I was just talking to you." Becca lets go of Glamdring with on arm to poke Caela.

25. - Top - End - #325

GnomeWizardGuy

Random Street

Quiz reaches out and attempts to lift the trash can up. This is getting, as space some might say, ridiculous. Show yourself.

Alley Near DFI

Jurassico pulls out the same raygun he did at the zoo. He aims it at a nearby dumpster mimic and fires. Suddenly the dumpster mimic shrinks down and Jurassico grows to about eight or nine feet talk, his hat wand and ray gun scaling in size. He puts the ray gun back in his hat and pulls out a deck of cards. With a flick of the wrist all fifty two are imbedded about two inches into the brick wall in the shape of a smiley face. I have much more technology at my disposal if you'd like some more demonstrations but the point is, by myself I have only a small chance of beating them. It's a numbers game really, multiple of them one of me. But us working together? he motions to the group that stepped out of the shadow then we have a real chance.
    Show
    Yohalles, the Wanderer
    Lonel, Gentleman Luck
    Jongo, God of Sea-Life

26. - Top - End - #326
    Ogre in the Playground

[Zoo]

"Why me? I can't fly, or make portals, or shoot lightning, or... or make people invisible. I'm just a guy made out of stone. There's better heroes out there than me for your team."

[PokeCenter]

"Oh!" Says Caela.
    She blinks.
    "Um... what were we talking about?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

27. - Top - End - #327

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    [Zoo]

"Why me? I can't fly, or make portals, or shoot lightning, or... or make people invisible. I'm just a guy made out of stone. There's better heroes out there than me for your team."
    Nexus Zoo
    "Sure there's other heroes with cool powers I could recruit, but most of them just wouldn't...fit with everyone else on the team. Some are too egotistical. Others do it for all the wrong reasons..."
    She smiled.
    "But you're different from them. And being made of stone is a pretty cool thing! I mean, where would the Fantastic Four be without The Thing?"
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

28. - Top - End - #328

Zoo

"I'm with Gamma. I may fly, but this star has a layer of kevlar under it for a reason." Young Star points his thumb at the large blue five point star on his chest. "It's the same as the reason you started fighting muggers. Youre bulletproof, so you started fighting to protect people who aren't. Same reason I want you here."

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

29. - Top - End - #329

Zoo

Krystal was surprised for a moment when Gamma Girl mentioned the Fantastic Four. How could somebody here know of heroes from her home dimension? Then she remembered the man she met at Trog's. The one who told her that her entire reality was simply a world of fiction to him. In the form of comics. Needless to say, that was kind of a shocker for her. She still has a hard time coming to terms with that.

Regardless, the surprise passes, and Krystal nods in agreement with the others. They're both right. Nobody can fill your shoes. You are unique. We need you, and we want you.

Alley Near DFI

The shrinking dumpster shenanigans definitely catches Ivaz's attention. And she just can't resist joining in.

As annoying as he may be, the lizard's got a point. We could do a lot more if we worked with each other. Go ahead and claim to not be a villain all you want. That group at the zoo won't care. So, why try to go it alone, huh?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

30. - Top - End - #330
    Orc in the Playground

Yoghurt Street

There is a slight pull upwards from the water in the umbrella, though it feels more as though the umbrella is getting slightly lighter. Unless, being illusory, the umbrella has no weight at all, in which case the water does pull upwards slightly though detectably. The umbrella cannot hold enough water to start flying upwards, though, unless it's a weightless illusion, but even so there's not enough to lift the girl. Unless she's somehow weightless, too.

((I don't personally like closed plots in public threads; this is a random encounter, albeit one that people occur to rather than occur to people))