New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Kyuubi's Kompendium of Kreature Klasses. (3.5)

Quote Originally Posted by Delivery Ninja View Post
    Ah, I see. Good to know you've got more dragons lined up, since I really like what you've done with the Silver one thus far. ^_^
    Thank you.

Okay, I tried to do something with "Encrusted hide" It ends up as a +11 bonus at level 19, and scales with level rather than HD.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-06-29 at 01:06 PM.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benly View Post
    If you want to give it some teeth, you could have the scales provide a certain amount of armor bonus in addition to their NA bonus, thus not stacking with normal armor unless the player wants to go out of her way to get heavy enough armor to override the inherent armor bonus.
    great suggestion. and good job implementing it, soft serve.

Quote Originally Posted by soft serve
    Improved Alternate Form (Su): At level 9 The Silver Dragon retains the following in any form if she wishes.
    Spoiler

Silver Ingenuity
    Silver Dragon SLAs
    Detect Evil.
    Protective Aura
    Boon of Bahamut
    Domain
    Paladin Casting
    Bahamut's Grace.
    Perfected Alternate Form (Ex): At 20th level, nothing short of epic magic or the powers of a deity can see the Silver Dragon for what she really is. In addition, Alternate form can now be used as a free action, and she gains a bonus on disguise checks equal to her HD. Lastly, Alternate form and improved alternate form become extraordinary abilities instead of supernatural.
    ok, this is looking very nice. i want to play a silver dragon sometime now.
    Last edited by Stycotl; 2011-06-29 at 01:40 PM.
    my own diabolical experiments (homebrew)

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns
    Watchtower––Volume III (running since 2008)

Announcer— “Your cable television is experiencing difficulties. Please do not panic. Resist the temptation to read or talk to loved ones. Do not attempt sexual relations, as years of TV radiation have left your genitals withered and useless.”

Wiggum, checking— “Well I'll be damned.”

3. - Top - End - #93
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Stycotl View Post
    great suggestion. and good job implementing it, soft serve.
    Thanks.

ok, this is looking very nice. i want to play a silver dragon sometime now.
    Well, hopefully I can get another nomination soon then.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-06-29 at 01:46 PM.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Soft Serve View Post
    Thank you.

Okay, I tried to do something with "Encrusted hide" It ends up as a +11 bonus at level 19, and scales with level rather than HD.
    Not bad. It might be a good idea to lower the progression to once every three or four levels in exchange for allowing the hide to be magically-enhanced, though.

Since it already gets a Natural Armor bonus at level 1, you could do something along the lines of getting a +1 Armor bonus to AC at 3rd level, and having it increase by one every three levels thereafter. It'd be a +6 total Armor bonus, and with a +5 enhancement bonus it'd be a total of +11 to AC. Same basic end result, albeit at 18 instead of 19, and in exchange for not being completely free, you get to add other useful armor properties on, if you want.
    Last edited by Delivery Ninja; 2011-06-29 at 02:10 PM.

5. - Top - End - #95
    Titan in the Playground

Not bad. It might be a good idea to lower the progression to once every three or four levels in exchange for allowing the hide to be magically-enhanced, though.

Since it already gets a Natural Armor bonus at level 1, you could do something along the lines of getting a +1 armored hide at 3rd level, and having it increase by one every three levels thereafter. It'd be a +6 total Armor bonus, and with a +5 enhancement bonus it'd be a total of +11 to AC. Same basic end result, albeit at 18 instead of 19, and in exchange for not being completely free, you get to add other useful armor properties on, if you want.
    Well, it can already get enhancement bonuses anyway. Or it will once I get the "Hoard" ability done. Also, it's just an armor bonus which shouldn't be that big of a deal. It doesn't boost touch AC, and a lot of abilities don't even target AC at higher levels.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Well, it can already get enhancement bonuses anyway. Or it will once I get the "Hoard" ability done. Also, it's just an armor bonus which shouldn't be that big of a deal. It doesn't boost touch AC, and a lot of abilities don't even target AC at higher levels.
    But most monsters (read not PCs) still actually deal with AC and a large boost to your AC (in this case Con +3 over everyone else's) is still problematic. An Abjurant Champion using Greater Luminous Armor will have comparable (but still lower) AC against melee attacks, and significantly lower against melee. A polymorph using wizard will have a better AC but no one else will even compare (minimum of 8 less which means if the high AC guy is hit on a 10 you are probably not going to be hit at all).

And coupled with the 20th level ability your AC is another 5+ points meaning you cannot be hit at all by most enemies and your saves will have Charisma to them as well which furthers the problem since it gives you high defenses against all types of attacks.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2011-06-29 at 02:24 PM.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

7. - Top - End - #97
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    But most monsters (read not PCs) still actually deal with AC and a large boost to your AC (in this case Con +3 over everyone else's) is still problematic. An Abjurant Champion using Greater Luminous Armor will have comparable (but still lower) AC against melee attacks, and significantly lower against melee. A polymorph using wizard will have a better AC but no one else will even compare (average of 8+ less which means if the high AC guy is hit on a 10 you are probably not going to be hit at all).
    Okay, so +6 as was suggested then or what?

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, so +6 as was suggested then or what?
    +6 is definitely more reasonable, although I'd still suggest keep it closer in line with light armor since you already have 2 stats (eventually 3) to AC so your AC won't be any worse than an AC focused melee combatant already. Although this also depends on what you're balancing against.

Crusader, Sorcerer, or higher.

A crusader is going to have +13 armor bonus and +3 Dex bonus assuming +5 Mithril Full-Plate.

You'll have a +6 better AC off the bat (assuming 12 starting Con) since you'll both need the HP from an amulet of health anyway. Then you'll have Dex modifier (same or better). So assuming it got +2 and could be enhanced (if it can't be there are other ways to get it enhanced) you'd have the same AC as a crusader who didn't sink feats into better AC. With +4 you have 2 better, or the same as a crusader who uses 2 feats on AC. With +6 you have 4 better and the same as a crusader who uses 3 feats on AC and takes the maneuverability hit of wearing Mechanus Gear Armor/spends a 4th feat on AC. With +8 you have 2 better than a crusader can get. With +10 4 better. With +11 5 better than the guy who sank more than half his feats into AC.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    +6 is definitely more reasonable, although I'd still suggest keep it closer in line with light armor since you already have 2 stats (eventually 3) to AC so your AC won't be any worse than an AC focused melee combatant already. Although this also depends on what you're balancing against.

Crusader, Sorcerer, or higher.
    Trying to balance against Crusader and other tier 3s.

10. - Top - End - #100
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Hmm. Keeping it in line with light armor...

+2 at 3rd level, +3 at 9th, +4 at 15th-18th?

Or, actually, hang on. Zaydos, did your calculations take into account the fact that the size increases decrease AC? If not, the +6 progression should probably be pretty balanced, overall.
    Last edited by Delivery Ninja; 2011-06-29 at 03:11 PM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm. Keeping it in line with light armor...

+2 at 3rd level, +3 at 9th, +4 at 18th?

Or, actually, hang on. Zaydos, did your calculations take into account the fact that the size increases decrease AC? If not, the +6 progression should probably be pretty balanced, overall.
    Yeah. Or more technically whenever it grows a size category its Natural Armor increases by 1 in addition to their Con negating the penalty to regular AC and I simply used Con (which with +4 from level up and +6 item since frontliners get that item by high levels regardless is at minimum a +5 bonus, and probably more).

As a note, though, I'd advice against a scaling non-enhancement bonus or have it reach max at relatively low levels. From a fluff perspective a scaling bonus that doesn't reach max till high levels is awesome (Smaug, Fafnir) but from a crunch it means that your AC will be too low at low levels and too high at high levels because armor bonus is mostly static past 2nd level (best armor possible) and it is the other bonuses (enhancement to armor, enhancement to natural armor, deflection, etc) which scale.

Current Projects:

12. - Top - End - #102
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Ah, so maybe starting off with the +2 at level 1, and having it increase at levels 3 and either 5 or 6, then?
    Last edited by Delivery Ninja; 2011-06-29 at 03:18 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Okay, lowered it to the equivalent of a chain shirt. That better?

Please remember to nominate the class if you think it's complete enough to play.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Yep. ^_^ Looks perfectly fine to me. And now, in order to make a nomination, I simply need to offer up a critique... Admittedly, I'm not very good at those, though.

Originality: While clearly based off of Oslecamo's original Silver Dragon monster class, this version does an excellent job differentiating itself from its predecessor, occupying a significantly different party role and really finding its own separate identity in the process. 4/5

Balance: Tier 3 was stated as the intended balance level of this class, and it manages to rest solidly at that Tier through all 20 levels of the class, if sometimes on the higher end of Tier 3. 4/5

Flavor: An excellent take on the basic concept of the Silver Dragon, this monster class does away with the generic draconic spellcasting in favor of abilities that emphasize its control over storms, great dislike for injustice and evil, and tendency to walk in disguise amongst 'lesser' races. 5/5

Elegance: Grammar and spelling are excellent, and aside from minor mistakes here and there, the actual rules of the class are laid out clearly and consistently. Layout is good, and the picture used was well-chosen. 4/5

Playability: The class is extremely playable, and looks like it would be an absolute blast to bring to a table. 5/5

I'll probably add in a few extra comments later. For the moment, I've got an appointment to get to.

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

Eh, I don't know why you balance it against chain shirt, seeing dragons evoke picture of very heavy armour, that is, plate. I mean, Warforged can have +8 armor adamantine plating (meaning impassable DR) on level 1, so you should keep plate progression, IMHO. It won't make them Tier 2 anyway.
    Above Us Only Sky

16. - Top - End - #106
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Irbis View Post
    Eh, I don't know why you balance it against chain shirt, seeing dragons evoke picture of very heavy armour, that is, plate. I mean, Warforged can have +8 armor adamantine plating (meaning impassable DR) on level 1, so you should keep plate progression, IMHO. It won't make them Tier 2 anyway.
    As others have pointed out, it's because of the natural armor. A +4 Constitution brings that up to the equivalent of plate at level 5 or higher, and it can get higher easy.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-06-29 at 05:45 PM.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

As others have pointed out, it's because of the natural armor. A +4 Constitution brings that up to the equivalent of plate at level 5 or higher, and it can get higher easy.
    Hmm, okay. Still, the original version of the class struck me as rather MAD, so expecting high con might not be a given. Human melee classes had easier time keeping all needed stats high. But you might have a point.

Anyway, to me, dragons are the epitome of creation, not equivalents of guy in a shirt, but I'm not the one writing it
    Above Us Only Sky

18. - Top - End - #108
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Irbis View Post
    Hmm, okay. Still, the original version of the class struck me as rather MAD, so expecting high con might not be a given. Human melee classes had easier time keeping all needed stats high. But you might have a point.

Anyway, to me, dragons are the epitome of creation, not equivalents of guy in a shirt, but I'm not the one writing it
    My calculations expected a 12 Con, not a high one and it still was better than heavy armor without heavy feat investiture.

Current Projects:

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

Perhaps a bonus that scales based on the value of the hoard. The dragon might, instead of waltzing down to the Magic-Mart, place loot in its hoard to gain bonuses rather like those gained from magic items of equivalent value.
    My latest homebrew: Majokko base class and Spellcaster Dilettante feats for D&D 3.5 and Races as Classes for PTU.

Currently Playing
    Raiatari Eikibe - Ghostfoot's RHOD Righteous Resistance

20. - Top - End - #110
    Pixie in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Solaris View Post
    Perhaps a bonus that scales based on the value of the hoard. The dragon might, instead of waltzing down to the Magic-Mart, place loot in its hoard to gain bonuses rather like those gained from magic items of equivalent value.
    I believe Soft Serve is already planning something along those lines, actually.

Well, it can already get enhancement bonuses anyway. Or it will once I get the "Hoard" ability done.
    Only for the armor, admittedly, but I'm not sure how other items would be handled.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Pyroclastic Dragon
    (from Draconomicon)

Description & Details:
    A Pyroclastic Dragon looks like somebody took a volcano, lava and all, and turned it into a dragon. Its hide is made of rock with flowing magma underneath, its wings appear to be made of ash, and the claws and other sharp ends tend to look like they've been made of obsidian. A Pyroclastic Dragon's eyes look as if they've been formed out of magma, and instead of a frill like many dragons, it has a series of stone like plates going down its back.

Religion: Most Pyroclastic Dragons will serve gods of the Draconic pantheon. Those few who deign to break from this tradition will worship gods with similar ideals to their own or the lords of Gehenna.

Ecology/Background: Pyroclastic Dragons are native to the bleak eternity of Gehenna, an endless plane of screaming souls and volcanos. Pyroclastic Dragon lairs are often located inside or near a volcano due to their habit of Swimming in lava, and their love of the heat.

Other Classes:
    Pyroclastic dragons tend to be quick to act and hot headed. As such, they prefer adventuring with classes like the Barbarian and tend to disdain studious classes like cloistered clerics or wizards.

Favored Class:
    Barbarian.
    Spoiler
    Show

HD: d12
    {TABLE]Level | BAB | Fort | Ref | Will | Feature
    1| +1| +2| +0| +2|Pyroclastic Body, Hoard, Pyroclastic Dragon SLAs, Volcanic scales +2
    2| +2| +3| +0| +3| Keen senses, Pyroclastic Breath
    3| +3| +3| +1| +3| Blindsense, Sound Burst, Draconic Roar, Volcanic Scales +3
    4| +4| +4| +1| +4| Pyrotechnics, Pyroclastic resistances, +10 Speed, +1 Strength
    5| +5| +4| +1| +4| Growth, Magma Body, Volcanic Scales +4
    6| +6| +5| +2| +5| Claws, wings, Shatter, Strength +1
    7| +7| +5| +2| +5| Destruction Breath, See no Evil,
    8| +8| +6| +2| +6| Wall of Fire, Improved Sunder Constitution +1
    9| +9| +6| +3| +6| Immobile, Volcanic Ash breath, +1 Strength a
    10| +10| +7| +3| +7| Shout, Wall of Stone, +10 speed, Charisma +1
    11| +11| +7| +3| +7| Wing Attack, Tail Slap, Destruction Body, +1 Strength
    12| +12| +8| +4| +8| Growth, Pyroclastic Scales, Frightful presence, Crush,
    13| +13| +8| +4| +8| Hear No Evil, Gehenna Sunder, +1 Strength,
    14| +14| +9| +4| +9| Power Word Stun, Volcano, +1 Strength
    15| +15| +9| +5| +9| Fire Storm, Pyroclastic Magic,
    16| +16| +10| +5| +10| Incendiary Cloud, Pyroclastic Assault, +1 Strength
    17| +17| +10| +5| +10| Meteor Swarm, Pyroclastic Immunity
    18| +18| +11| +6| +11| Growth, Tail Sweep, +1 Strength
    19| +19| +11| +6| +11| Earthquake,
    20| +20| +12| +6| +12| Magma Body, Vesuvius, +1 Strength, +1 Charisma, +1 Constitution

[/table]

4 Skill points+int per level, quadruple at 1st level. Class skills:
    Concentration, climb, jump, spot, listen, Search, appraise, Diplomacy, intimidate, Knowledge(all skills, taken individually), Use Magic Device

Proficiencies
    : A Pyroclastic dragon isn't proficient with any armor or weapons, besides Her own natural weapons.

Pyroclastic Body (Ex):The Pyroclastic dragon loses all other racial bonuses, and gains Dragon traits, Bite 1d8+Strength modifier damage, a 40 foot base land speed, a climb and burrow speed equal to ¾ Her land speed each, and medium size. The Pyroclastic dragon has wings but they're too weak to do anything for now. Her claws are capable of fine manipulation and can be used for anything a human hand could do.

The Pyroclastic dragon also gets a natural armor bonus equal to 1+Constitution modifier. Whenever the Pyroclastic dragon grows one size category, Her natural armor increases by a further 1.

The Pyroclastic dragon has resistance to fire damage equal to her total hit dice.

Hoard (Su):
    Spoiler
    Show
    Many wonder at the reason for a dragon's hoard. Many suspects it's because dragons are greedy, but what about the good ones? While good is still susceptible to greed, it seems suspicious that all dragons tend to have hoards, regardless of type.

The truth is, a dragon draws power from its hoard. Just as a knight become more powerful with a +5 sword than the rusted pitted one he found in a shed out back, dragons become more powerful with the more wealth they accumulate. It can be used in many ways depending on the type of item it is.

Gold:
    Gold can be used to gain the benefits of any item equal to half the amount put towards it. So, it would cost 50,000 GP to gain the benefits of a ring of evasion instead of 25,000. However, the benefit is that the gold can be un-attuned from specific benefits, go back to the hoard's total, and be re-attuned to a new benefit of some sort. The benefits of this are treated as if the dragon were actually wearing the item, so you can't attune to a piece of armor in your hoard, actually be wearing armor, and gain the benefits of both for example. Additionally, this cannot be used to gain expendable items such as wands or scrolls.
    Weapons: The Dragon can gain the benefits of weapons in its hoard. With each weapon, the dragon chooses one of its own natural weapons, or a pair of natural weapons (Such as claws or wings) the natural weapon gains the benefits of the manufactured weapon for as long as the dragon is attuned to it. This includes the benefits of any material the weapon is made out of, such as adamantine.
    Armor: A dragon attuned to a piece of armor is treated as if it were wearing the armor. The armor does not have to be the same size as the dragon.
    clothing: Items such as necklaces, rings, boots and such are treated as if the dragon were wearing them. Most dragons prefer not to wear them, since a dragon with a crown and a cape looks silly.

Un-attuning an item is a free action. Attuning to items in your hoard can only be done during rest, and takes 8 hours.

However, despite being the Dragon's greatest strength, the hoard is also its greatest weakness. A dragon must designate specific spots as belong to its hoard, and if the items are taken out of the hoard, the dragon no longer has the benefits of the item. This is the reason why many dragons guard their hoards with their very lives, or set up dozens of traps for interlopers.

There are other benefits to attuning to an item instead of simply wearing it of course. Attuned items cannot be sundered, except by finding that item in the hoard and sundering it. While the benefits from attunement go away in an antimagic field, they come back once the dragon has left said field. While Disjunction will break the attunement on items, it will not actually destroy the items the dragon is attuned to, and the dragon can re-attune itself to the items during its next 8 hour rest.

Additionally, the previous items can be attuned to mundane items it has. An adamantine Greatsword can be attuned to an adamantine warhammer, as long as there are no conflicting enhancements, and the warhammer will gain the benefits of the enhancements, and any special materials the weapon is made out of. This also applies to other mundane items. You cannot have the same weapon attuned to a manufactured weapon and a natural weapon at the same time.

Lastly, hoards cannot be chosen willy nilly. Designating an area as your hoard requires you to spend 8 hours at the place to be considered your hoard. Choosing a place as your hoard is an ancient magic and cannot be disturbed, or it has to be redone. A player is allowed to choose to have a specific spot as their hoard before the campaign begins.

Pyroclastic Dragon SLAs (Su):
    The Pyroclastic Dragon can use a number of SLAs starting at level 1.

Level 1: Produce Flame 1/day per HD

Level 3: Sound Burst 1/day per HD

Level 6: Pyrotechnics and Shatter 1/day per 2 HD each

Level 8: Wall of Fire 1/day per 2 HD

Level 10:Shout, Wall of Stone, 1/day per 2 HD each. In addition, all SLAs she has now and all SLAs she would gain in the future due to this class change from SR:Yes to SR: No.

Level 14: Power Word, Stun, 1/day per 3 HD

Level 15:Fire Storm, 1/day per 4 HD

Level 16:Incendiary Cloud, 1/day per 5 HD

Level 17:Meteor Swarm, 1/day per 6 HD

level 19: Earthquake 1/day per 7 HD.

Volcanic hide (Ex):

Dragons simply love sleeping in their hoards when they have the opportunity. This tends to make things like gold and jewels stick within their hide, granting them additional armor. The Dragon gets a +2 armor bonus to armor class, and gains an additional +1 to this figure at level 3 and 5 for a total of a +4 armor bonus.

Keen Senses (Ex): At level 2, the Pyroclastic dragon's senses become far stronger. She sees four times as well as a human in shadowy illumination and twice as well in normal light. She also has darkvision out to 120 feet

Pyroclastic Breath (Su): At level 2 the Pyroclastic dragon gains a breath weapon. The breath weapon is a 30 foot cone dealing 1d6 damage/HD, half fire and half sonic damage, with a reflex save (DC 10+1/2 HD+Constitution modifier) for half damage that takes 1d4 rounds to recharge*. The cone increases by 5 feet for every HD she gains from here.

Blindsense (Ex): At level 3 the Pyroclastic dragon gains Blindsense as the normal ability, range 60 feet.

Draconic Roar (Ex):
    At level 3, even a Dragon's roar is a threatening weapon. As a Swift action the Pyroclastic Dragon can emit an astounding roar. Doing so deals half her breath weapon damage in Sonic damage. A successful Fortitude save (DC 10+ Half HD+ Constitution modifier) negates the damage. Once a Silver Dragon uses her Draconic roar she can't use it again until after she uses one of her breath weapons. The Roar affects all creatures within 30 feet. Dragons are immune to the effects of the Draconic Roar ability.

Speed Increase (Ex): At level 4 and again at level 10 the Pyroclastic dragon gains a +10 foot bonus to Her movement speeds. This bonus applies to movement speeds gained after this point as well.

Pyroclastic Resistances (Ex):
    At 4th level, the Pyroclastic Dragon gains immunity to fire damage, and resistance to Sonic damage equal to her HD.

Growth (Ex):
    At level 5 the Dragon may grow a size category (Ordinarily to large size).
    At level 12 she may grow another size category (Ordinarily to huge size).
    At level 18 she may grow another size category (Ordinarily to Gargantuan size)
    At 22 HD she may grow another size category (Ordinarily to Colossal)

Her AC, bonus to hit, base damage, grapple and skills change accordingly, but she doesn't get any ability score bonus or penalties.

Magma Body (Ex):
    At 5th level, the dragon's body itself starts to change into magma. She gains light fortification, and a bonus on saves against poison, stun, massive damage, and polymorph effects equal to Her HD.

Wings (Ex):
    At level 6 the Pyroclastic Dragon becomes able to fly at a speed of 10 feet per HD, with poor maneuverability. The wings are still not strong enough to be used as weapon.

Claws (Ex): At level 6, the Pyroclastic Dragon's claws are now strong enough to be used as weapons. They are secondary natural weapons that deal 1d6+1/2 strength modifier damage.

Ability Score Increase (Ex):
    The Pyroclastic Dragon's ability scores increase by the shown amount at the following levels.

{table]Level | Bonus gained
    4|+1 Strength
    6|+1 Strength
    8|+1 Constitution
    9|+1 Strength
    10|+1 Charisma
    11|+1 Strength
    13|+1 Strength
    16|+1 Strength
    18|+1 Strength
    20|+1 Strength, +1 Constitution, +1 Charisma
    [/table]
    for a total increase of +8 strength, +2 Constitution and +2 Charisma at level 20

Destruction Breath (Su):
    At level 7, the Pyroclastic dragon gains another breath weapon. The weapon is a 130 foot line usable once every 1d4 rounds*. Creatures hit are reduced to ash unless they succeed on a Fortitude save (DC 10+1/2 HD+Constitution modifier,) The line increases by 10 feet per HD.

See No Evil (Ex): - The Pyroclastic Dragon is used to dwelling amid exploding geysers of magma. At 7th level, the middling effects of spells such as Pyrotechnics and Glitterdust can simply be shrugged off. The Pyroclastic Dragon is immune to the Blind status effect. She is still affected normally by lighting conditions and darkness.

Improved Sunder (Ex): at 8th level the Pyroclastic dragon gains the Improved Sunder feat even if she does not meet the prerequisites.

Immobile (Ex):
    At level 9, the Pyroclastic Dragon is sturdy as a mountain and she cannot be forced to move against her will. Additionally, At 15 HD, the dragon cannot be the subject of any spell that would cause her to change planes or dimensions against her will, and cannot be the subject of any teleport spell against her will.

Volcanic Ash Breath (Suu):
    At 9th level, the dragon gets a breath weapon modification. By adding 2 rounds to the recharge time of her Pyroclastic breath, she can create a cloud of volcanic ash in the area of her breath weapon. This cloud lasts for three rounds before dispersing. Creatures caught within the blast for one round are sickened if they fail a fortitude save(DC 10+1/2 HD+Constitution modifier). Creatures caught within the area for two rounds are blinded unless they succeed on another save, and creatures caught within the area for all 3 rounds are nauseated unless they succeed on a third save. Later effects such as being nauseated only apply if the creatures fail their previous saves. The effects of failed saves last for three rounds after the cloud disperses, or the creature gets out of the area, whichever comes first.

Destruction Body (Su):
    At 11th level the Pyroclastic dragon deals an additional 1d6 fire damage with each successful natural attack. This extra damage increases one die step for every 3 HD gained from here.

Tail Slap (Ex): at level 11 The Pyroclastic Dragon can now make a tail slap attack dealing 1d8 +1 and 1/2 strength modifier damage, already taking in account large size. The tail slap is considered a secondary natural weapon.

Wing Attack (Ex):
    At level 11 the Pyroclastic Dragon's wings have developed to the point that they can each be used as secondary natural attacks dealing 1d4+ 1/2 strength modifier damage.

Frightful Presence (Ex): at 12th level the dragon gains frightful presence. The ability takes effect automatically whenever she attacks, charges, or flies overhead. Enemies within a radius of 30 feet × half her level are subject to the effect if they have fewer HD than her. A potentially affected enemy that succeeds on a Will save (DC 10 + ½ dragon’s HD + dragon’s Charisma modifier) remains immune to that dragon’s frightful presence for 24 hours. On a failure, enemies with 4 or less HD become panicked for 4d6 rounds and those with 5 or more HD become shaken for 4d6 rounds. Dragons ignore the frightful presence of other dragons.

Pyroclastic Scales (Ex): at 12th level the Pyroclastic dragon gains SR equal to Her HD+11 and gains DR/magic and good equal to half Her HD.

Hear No Evil (Ex): Having spent hundreds of years in Gehenna, hearing the constantly exploding volcanoes and the souls screaming and moaning in despair, the Pyroclastic Dragon is practiced in ignoring what she does not wish to hear. At 13th level she may treat herself as being under the effects of a silence spell when such would be beneficial to her.

Gehenna Sunder (Su):: At 13th level, In addition to the Improved Sunder feat, When attempting to sunder an item (Or construct) the Dragon's weapons count as having a shatter effect upon them. The caster level for the effect is equal to the Dragon's HD.

Volcano (Ex):
    At 14th level the Pyroclastic dragon has sudden bursts of activity. She may take an extra standard or move action on her turn, but after taking it she needs to wait 5 turns before using this ability again. At 20 HD she may instead take an extra full-round action.

Pyroclastic Magic (Su): At 15th level, whenever the Pyroclastic dragon uses an SLA that would deal fire damage, she may have half the damage dealt be sonic. In addition Her caster level for all [Fire] and [Sonic] SLAs increases by 2, and now ignore any Caster level limits on the SLAs.

Pyroclastic Assault (Ex):
    At 16th level, the Pyroclastic dragon may charge at an enemy even if there's non-worked non-magical ground, earth and/or stone between them, automatically destroying the obstacles. This includes any material through which she can burrow and Stone Walls. The dragon must still find Her opponent’s position through some means.

Pyroclastic Immunity:
    At level 17, the Pyroclastic Dragon becomes immune to Sonic damage.

Tail sweep (Ex):This special attack allows a dragon of at least Gargantuan size to sweep with its tail as a standard action. The sweep affects a half-circle with a radius of 30 feet (or 40 feet for a Colossal dragon), extending from an intersection on the edge of the dragon’s space in any direction. Creatures within the swept area are affected if they are four or more size categories smaller than the dragon. A tail sweep automatically deals 2d6 plus 1½ times the dragon’s Strength bonus (round down). Affected creatures can attempt Reflex saves to take half damage (DC equal to that of the dragon’s breath weapon).

Volcanic body(Ex):
    At level 20, The Pyroclastic dragon is now fully immune to poison, stun, massive damage, and polymorph effects against Her will and has 100% fortification

Vesuvius (Su):
    At level 20, the dragon's attacks have developed far past mundane fire and sound. All of the dragon's abilities derived from this class that deal fire or sonic damage ignore immunity or resistance to Sonic and Fire damage, except for the sonic and fire immunity of other Pyroclastic dragons.

* Breath weapons cannot be used while waiting for another breath weapon to recharge.

Comments
    Spoiler
    Show

1. The dragon does not have age categories.
    2. This was intended to be balanced with Tier 3 classes.
    3. The reason some of the abilities scale with hit dice so that the dragon's abilities aren't terrible if it decides to multiclass or if the dragon is in a campaign that goes to higher levels than 20.
    4. In taking this you also give up your choice of race.
    5. You do not have to be the traditional alignment for your race.
    6. This is supposed to be playable with just the SRD allowed.
    7. You can multi-class out at any level. You are not locked into taking levels from this class.
    8. I know this is kind of old news since I just did a dragon, but I had this finished for the contest so I figured I'd post it here as well. Next I'm going to go for a change of pace and do the Frost Worm.
    9. The Pyroclastic didn't get an entry nearly as detailed as the Chromatics or Metallics so some of the stuff was made on the spot.

changelog

Spoiler
    Show
    Change the size category growths to "May"

standardized knowledge skill
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-09-24 at 01:26 AM.

22. - Top - End - #112
    Titan in the Playground

Alright, here's that hoard ability I promised. Please evaluate and critique honestly.

Spoiler
    Show
    Many wonder at the reason for a dragon's hoard. Many suspects it's because dragons are greedy, but what about the good ones? While good is still susceptible to greed, it seems suspicious that all dragons tend to have hoards, regardless of type.

The truth is, a dragon draws power from its hoard. Just as a knight become more powerful with a +5 sword than the rusted pitted one he found in a shed out back, dragons become more powerful with the more wealth they accumulate. It can be used in many ways depending on the type of item it is.

Gold:
    Gold can be used to gain the benefits of any item equal to half the amount put towards it. So, it would cost 50,000 GP to gain the benefits of a ring of evasion instead of 25,000. However, the benefit is that the gold can be un-attuned from specific benefits, go back to the hoard's total, and be re-attuned to a new benefit of some sort. The benefits of this are treated as if the dragon were actually wearing the item, so you can't attune to a piece of armor in your hoard, actually be wearing armor, and gain the benefits of both for example.
    Weapons: The Dragon can gain the benefits of weapons in its hoard. With each weapon, the dragon chooses one of its own natural weapons, or a pair of natural weapons (Such as claws or wings) the natural weapon gains the benefits of the manufactured weapon for as long as the dragon is attuned to it. This includes the benefits of any material the weapon is made out of, such as adamantine.
    Armor: A dragon attuned to a piece of armor is treated as if it were wearing the armor. The armor does not have to be the same size as the dragon.
    clothing: Items such as necklaces, rings, boots and such are treated as if the dragon were wearing them. Most dragons prefer not to wear them, since a dragon with a crown and a cape looks silly.

Un-attuning an item is a free action. Attuning to items in your hoard can only be done during rest, and takes 8 hours.

However, despite being the Dragon's greatest strength, the hoard is also its greatest weakness. A dragon must designate specific spots as belong to its hoard, and if the items are taken out of the hoard, the dragon no longer has the benefits of the item. This is the reason why many dragons guard their hoards with their very lives, or set up dozens of traps for interlopers.

There are other benefits to attuning to an item instead of simply wearing it of course. Attuned items cannot be sundered, except by finding that item in the hoard and sundering it. While the benefits from attunement go away in an antimagic field, they come back once the dragon has left said field. While Disjunction will break the attunement on items, it will not actually destroy the items the dragon is attuned to, and the dragon can re-attune itself to the items during its next 8 hour rest.

Lastly, hoards cannot be chosen willy nilly. Designating an area as your hoard requires you to spend 8 hours at the place to be considered your hoard. Choosing a place as your hoard is an ancient magic and cannot be disturbed, or it has to be redone. A player is allowed to choose to have a specific spot as their hoard before the campaign begins.

Is there any particular monster you guys would like me to do next? It seems you weren't exactly thrilled with the Pyroclastic.

Lastly, I'm thinking of taking away the "Does not stack with anything else." restriction on Bahamut's grace. By the time you can even get it to stack with things like divine grace, it's likely to be epic levels which are broken in half anyway, or gestalt where I doubt it would be a big deal at level 20.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-08-19 at 05:56 PM.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, here's that hoard ability I promised. Please evaluate and critique honestly.

Spoiler
    Show

Gold:
    Gold can be used to gain the benefits of any item equal to half the amount put towards it. So, it would cost 50,000 GP to gain the benefits of a ring of evasion instead of 25,000. However, the benefit is that the gold can be un-attuned from specific benefits, go back to the hoard's total, and be re-attuned to a new benefit of some sort. The benefits of this are treated as if the dragon were actually wearing the item, so you can't attune to a piece of armor in your hoard, actually be wearing armor, and gain the benefits of both for example.

Lastly, hoards cannot be chosen willy nilly. Designating an area as your hoard requires you to spend one week* at the place to be considered your hoard. Choosing a place as your hoard is an ancient magic and cannot be disturbed, or it has to be redone. A player is allowed to choose to have a specific spot as their hoard before the campaign begins.

Is there any particular monster you guys would like me to do next? It seems you weren't exactly thrilled with the Pyroclastic.

Lastly, I'm thinking of taking away the "Does not stack with anything else." restriction on Bahamut's grace. By the time you can even get it to stack with things like divine grace, it's likely to be epic levels which are broken in half anyway, or gestalt where I doubt it would be a big deal at level 20.

*Thinking this may be a little too long.
    this is a cool ability. i do think that the 1-week minimum is too long. i don't see why the dragon couldn't conquer a castle and claim it immediately as its lair.

also, as far as the effects and abilities of items go, do the penalties apply? armor check and max dex and stuff?

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns

Announcer— “Your cable television is experiencing difficulties. Please do not panic. Resist the temptation to read or talk to loved ones. Do not attempt sexual relations, as years of TV radiation have left your genitals withered and useless.”

24. - Top - End - #114
    Titan in the Playground

this is a cool ability. i do think that the 1-week minimum is too long. i don't see why the dragon couldn't conquer a castle and claim it immediately as its lair.

also, as far as the effects and abilities of items go, do the penalties apply? armor check and max dex and stuff?
    Yeah, they do.

As for the time, I was just trying to prevent a player from choosing like a bag of holding as their hoard or something like that. There doesn't have to be a time limit, I just thought being able to designate a place as your hoard at will is a little abusive.

I changed Bahamut's grace so that, rather than not stacking with anything, it simply doesn't stack with Divine Grace or anything Divine Grace doesn't stack with.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, they do.

As for the time, I was just trying to prevent a player from choosing like a bag of holding as their hoard or something like that. There doesn't have to be a time limit, I just thought being able to designate a place as your hoard at will is a little abusive.
    i was thinking––but forgot to mention––that you should make that require an 8-hour ritual too.

I changed Bahamut's grace so that, rather than not stacking with anything, it simply doesn't stack with Divine Grace or anything Divine Grace doesn't stack with.
    sounds good.

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

i was thinking––but forgot to mention––that you should make that require an 8-hour ritual too.
    Alright. designating a place as your hoard requires 8 hours. Does it work well enough now to be put in both the classes?

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright. designating a place as your hoard requires 8 hours. Does it work well enough now to be put in both the classes?
    sorry, soft serve. i didn't see the question earlier. by "both," do you mean silver and pyroclastic? it seems good enough to me for that.

my deviantART

my alter ego

Campaigns

28. - Top - End - #118
    Titan in the Playground

Warning. Classes are created assuming you only have access to the SRD. This is the only thing I can assume every group using my classes will have access to, and so it is the only thing accounted for.

Succubus (SRD)

Description and details: This creature is Statuesque, stunning, and extraordinarily beautiful, with flawless skin and shining hair. Her form, so tempting, also has an otherworldly side. Large wings unfold from her back, and her eyes glow with sinister desire.

Alignment: In general, Succubi do not have long lasting relationships, and their jobs don't require any particular dedication or rules. They are most likely Chaotic and Evil, but some decide to have their own personal codes, and very very few even decide to join the side of good.

Other Classes: Succubi will adventure with anybody who can help them get their goals completed. What those are tends to vary, and there are even accounts of Succubi turning good and adventuring with Paladins.

Base Class version
    Spoiler
    Show

Favored Class:
    A succubus's favored class is bard, due to the bard's amount of enchantment effects, the effect music can have on mortals, and their social skills.

Languages:
    The Succubus speaks Abyssal and common. She gains additional languages for a positive intelligence modifier as per normal.

Class
    Spoiler
    Show
    HD: d6
    1| +1| +0| +0 |+2| Succubus body, Seductive Dilletante, change shape,
    2| +2| +0| +0| +3| Charm Person, Detect Good,+1 Charisma
    3| +3| +1| +1| +3| Glide, Tongues, demonic resistance, +1 Charisma
    4| +4| +1| +1| +4| Detect Thoughts, Suggestion,+1 Charisma
    5| +5| +1| +1| +4| Telepathy, Damage reduction, +1 Charisma
    6| +6| +2| +2| +5| Flight, Dimension door, Summon Demon +1 Charisma
    7| +7| +2| +2| +5| Succubus, +1 Charisma
    [/table]
    4 Skill points+int per level, quadruple at 1st level. Class skills:
    Bluff, Concentration, Diplomacy, disguise, Escape artist, Hide, Intimidate, Knowledge (All skills, taken individually), listen, move silently, search, spot, use rope.

Proficiencies: A succubus is proficient with simple weapons, whips, leather armor, studded leather, and padded armor

Succubus body:
    The Succubus loses all other racial modifiers and gains outsider traits, medium size, 30 foot base land speed, and two primary claw attacks that deal 1d6+Strength modifier damage. She also has two wings, but they're too weak to do anything for now.

Change Shape (Su): The Succubus can change into any small or medium humanoid 1/day per HD

Seductive Dilettante (Ex): All Succubus levels stack with bard levels for the purpose of Bardic music uses per day, and is treated as being the sum of her bard and succubus levels for the purposes of what bonuses her music provides. So for example, a level 6 bard with 2 levels in Succubus gives a +2 bonus to Inspire courage instead of the +1 she would normally have. She still must reach the requisite number of Bard levels for Abilities such as inspire Heroics or Song of Freedom.

Additionally, her succubus levels stack with Bard levels for abilities such as Bardic Knowledge or Bardic Knack.

If the Succubus does not already have these abilities, she does not gain them.

Charm Person (Su):
    Starting at second level, the Succubus may cast Charm Person 1/day per HD

Detect Good (Su): Starting at second level, the Succubus may cast Detect Good 1/day per HD.

Charisma Bonus (Ex): The Succubus gains a +1 bonus to Charisma at every level after first, for a total of +6 at level 7.

Glide (Ex): A Succubus can use her wings to glide, negating damage from a fall from any height and allowing 20 feet of forward travel for every 5 feet of descent. Succubi glide at a speed of 30 feet with average maneuverability. Even if a Succubus's maneuverability improves, she can't hover while gliding. A Succubus can't glide while carrying a medium or heavy load.

If a Succubus becomes unconscious or helpless while in midair, her wings naturally unfurl, and powerful ligaments stiffen them.The Succubus descends slowly in a tight corkscrew and takes only 1d6 points of falling damage, no matter the actual distance of the fall.

Tongues (Su): Starting at third level, the Succubus has a permanent tongues effect on her as per the spell.

Demonic resistance (Ex): Starting at third level, The Succubus gains Resistance to Cold Equal to her HD.
    At 8 HD she gains resistance to fire equal to her HD
    At 13 HD she gains resistance to Acid equal to her HD

Detect Thoughts (Su):
    Starting at fourth level, the Succubus can use detect thoughts 1/day per HD.

Suggestion (Su): Starting at fourth level, The Succubus can use Suggestion 1/day per 2 HD

Telepathy (Su): Starting at fifth level, the Succubus gains telepathy out to 10 feet per HD

Damage Reduction (Ex):
    Starting at fifth level, the Succubus gains Damage Reduction Cold Iron or good equal to her HD. At 10 HD, this improves to Cold Iron and Good.

Summon Demon (Su): At 6th level, if another Demon is within 25 feet per HD, the Succubus can summon it to an adjacent square. The Target must be willing in order for it to be summoned in this way.

Flight (Ex):
    Starting at sixth level, the Succubus gains a fly speed of 60 at poor Maneuverability.

Dimension Door (Su): Starting at sixth level, the Succubus can use Dimension door as an SLA 1/day per 3 HD.

Succubus (Su): Starting at Seventh level, the Succubus has reached the peak of her race. She is now immune to electricity. The immunities are Extraordinary abilities. Additionally, she gains the use of her energy drain at will. A succubus drains energy from a mortal it lures into some act of passion, or by simply planting a kiss on the victim. If the target is not willing to be kissed, the succubus must start a grapple, which provokes an attack of opportunity. The succubus’s kiss or embrace bestows one negative level. The kiss also has the effect of a suggestion spell, asking the victim to accept another kiss from the succubus. The victim must succeed on a Will save (DC 10+1/2 HD+Charisma modifier) to negate the effect of the suggestion. The DC for the Fortitude Save to remove the negative levels is equal to the will save to prevent the effect of suggestion.

At 10 HD, the Succubus can bypass immunity to mind affecting effects or Energy Drain, but the target receives a +4 bonus to the saves for each. The bonuses are separate and cumulative.

At 15 HD the save bonus lowers to +2 for each effect.

At 20 HD the save bonus disappears entirely.

Lastly, the Succubus's kiss has an additional special ability. If the Succubus manages to kill an opponent with her kiss, she can force the creature's body to rise, becoming a succubus as well. However, the slain creature has first dibs on their body, so most Succubi only use this ability on creatures they know they can deal with once they come back. The affected creature may switch any number of class levels for Succubus levels, but they must switch at least one. The being is raised with complete free will, and the Succubus has no special control over the raised creature

Finally, she may gain the Chaotic and Evil subtypes.

Prestige Class version
    Spoiler
    Show

Pre-requisites:
    Cannot be undead.

Special:The one who wishes to gain the template must have Knowledge: The Planes 8 ranks, 4 ranks in any perform Skill, a base charisma score of 14, and be capable of speaking abyssal. The one who wishes to gain the template then must partake in a special ritual Or be killed and raised by another Succubus's kiss.

HD: d6
    1| +1| +0| +0 |+2| Succubus body, Greater Seductive Dilettante, Summon Demon,
    2| +2| +0| +0| +3| Charm Person, Detect Good,+1 Charisma
    3| +3| +1| +1| +3| Glide, Tongues, demonic resistance, +1 Charisma
    4| +4| +1| +1| +4| Detect Thoughts, Suggestion,+1 Charisma
    5| +5| +1| +1| +4| Telepathy, Damage reduction, +1 Charisma
    6| +6| +2| +2| +5| Flight, Change Shape, +1 Charisma
    7| +7| +2| +2| +5| Succubus, Words of Seduction or Profane Gift +1 Charisma
    [/table]
    6 Skill points+int per level, quadruple at 1st level. Class skills:
    Balance, Bluff, Concentration, Diplomacy, disguise, Escape artist, Gather Information, Hide, Intimidate, Knowledge (Any), listen, move silently, Perform, search, spot, Tumble, Use Magic Device, use rope.

Proficiencies: A succubus gains proficiency with whips.

Succubus body (Ex):
    The Succubus retains all other racial modifiers from her previous race and gains outsider traits, medium size, 30 foot base land speed, and two primary claw attacks that deal 1d6+Strength modifier damage. She also has two wings, but they're too weak to do anything for now.

Greater Seductive Dilettante (Ex):
    All Succubus levels stack with bard levels for the purpose of Bardic music uses per day, and is treated as being the sum of her bard and succubus levels for the purposes of what bonuses her music provides. So for example, a level 6 bard with 2 levels in Succubus gives a +2 bonus to Inspire courage instead of the +1 she would normally have. She still must reach the requisite number of Bard levels for Abilities such as inspire Heroics or Song of Freedom.

Additionally, her succubus levels stack with Bard levels for abilities such as Bardic Knowledge or Bardic Knack.

Lastly, the succubus gains additional spells known and spells per day each level as if she had gained a level in bard, so long as she already has levels in bard.

If the Succubus does not already have these abilities, she does not gain them.

Summon Demon (Su): At 1st level, if another Demon is within 25 feet per HD, the Succubus can summon it to an adjacent square. The Target must be willing in order for it to be summoned in this way.

Charm Monster (Su):
    Starting at second level, the Succubus may cast Charm Monster 1/day per HD

Detect Good (Su): Starting at second level, the Succubus may cast Detect Good At-Will. She may even bypass alignment concealing effects as long as she succeeds on an opposed caster level check, with a caster level equal to her HD.

Charisma Bonus (Ex): The Succubus gains a +1 bonus to Charisma at every level after first, for a total of +6 at level 7.

Glide (Ex): A Succubus can use her wings to glide, negating damage from a fall from any height and allowing 20 feet of forward travel for every 5 feet of descent. Succubi glide at a speed of 30 feet with average maneuverability. Even if a Succubus's maneuverability improves, she can't hover while gliding. A Succubus can't glide while carrying a medium or heavy load.

If a Succubus becomes unconscious or helpless while in midair, her wings naturally unfurl, and powerful ligaments stiffen them.The Succubus descends slowly in a tight corkscrew and takes only 1d6 points of falling damage, no matter the actual distance of the fall.

Tongues (Su): Starting at third level, the Succubus has a permanent tongues effect on her as per the spell.

Demonic resistance (Ex): Starting at third level, The Succubus gains Resistance to Cold and fire Equal to her HD.
    At 13 HD she gains resistance to Acid equal to her HD

Detect Thoughts (Su):
    Starting at fourth level, the Succubus can use detect thoughts 1/day per HD.

Suggestion (Su): Starting at fourth level, The Succubus can use Suggestion 1/day per 2 HD

Telepathy (Su): Starting at fifth level, the Succubus gains telepathy out to 10 feet per HD

Damage Reduction (Ex):
    Starting at fifth level, the Succubus gains Damage Reduction Cold Iron or good equal to her HD. At 10 HD, this improves to Cold Iron and Good.

Flight (Ex):
    Starting at sixth level, the Succubus gains a fly speed of 120 feet at average maneuverability

Change Shape (Su): At 6th level, The Succubus can change into any small or medium humanoid 1/day per HD

Succubus (Su): Starting at Seventh level, the Succubus has reached the peak of her race. She is now immune to electricity and poison. The immunities are Extraordinary abilities.

The Succubus gains the use of her energy draining kiss at will. A succubus drains energy from a mortal it lures into some act of passion, or by simply planting a kiss on the victim. If the target is not willing to be kissed, the succubus must start a grapple, which provokes an attack of opportunity. The succubus’s kiss or embrace bestows one negative level. The kiss also has the effect of a suggestion spell, asking the victim to accept another kiss from the succubus. The victim must succeed on a Will save (DC 10+1/2 HD+Charisma modifier) to negate the effect of the suggestion. The DC for the Fortitude Save to remove the negative levels is equal to the will save to prevent the effect of suggestion.

At 15 HD it bypasses immunity to mind affecting effects, and energy drain, though affected creatures gain a +4 bonus on their saves against the effects. If the affected creature has immunity to both, the resistance stacks and is +8.
    at 18 HD this bonus is reduced to +2, or +4 if it has immunity to both.
    at 20 HD, this bonus goes away entirely.

Lastly, the Succubus's kiss has an additional special ability. If the Succubus manages to kill an opponent with her kiss, she can force the creature's body to rise, becoming a succubus as well. However, the slain creature has first dibs on their body, so most Succubi only use this ability on creatures they know they can deal with once they come back. The affected creature may switch any number of class levels for Succubus levels, but they must switch at least one. The being is raised with complete free will, and the Succubus has no special control over the raised creature

Finally, she may gain the Chaotic and Evil subtypes.

Words of Seduction (Su): A bard who has the Words of Seduction ability can use these powerful words to enhance her bardic music
    ability as detailed below. When a bard uses the Words of Seduction
    in this manner, it is extremely draining, and the bard takes
    1d4 points of nonlethal damage for each rank in Perform
    required to produce the bardic music effect she is enhancing.
    The Words of Seduction double the effect of several bardic
    music abilities:
    • Inspire Courage: Double the morale bonus on saving throws
    against charm and fear and the morale bonus on attack and
    weapon damage rolls (+2 at 1st level, +4 at 8th level, +6 at 14th
    level, +8 at 20th level).
    • Inspire Competence: +4 competence bonus on skill checks.
    • Inspire Greatness: Gain 4 bonus Hit Dice (d10s), the commensurate
    number of temporary hit points (apply the target’s
    Constitution modifier to these bonus Hit Dice), +4 competence
    bonus on attacks, and +2 competence bonus on Fortitude
    saves.
    • Inspire Heroics: +8 morale bonus on saving throws, +8 dodge
    bonus to AC.
    For bardic music abilities that require a Perform check (countersong,
    fascinate), the Words of Seduction grant the bard a +4
    morale bonus on the check. The Words Seduction also bypass any mind affecting immunity their target

Lastly, words of Seduction does not stack with words of creation.

Profane Gift:

As an alternative captstone, the Succubus may instead choose Profane Gift.

Once per day as a full-round action, a succubus may grant a profane gift to a willing humanoid creature by touching it for 1 full round. The target gains a +1 profane bonus to an ability score of his choice per 3 HD of the Succubus. A single creature may have no more than one profane gift from a succubus at a time. As long as the profane gift persists, the succubus can communicate telepathically with the target across any distance (and may use her suggestion spell-like ability through it). A profane gift is removed by dispel evil or dispel chaos. The succubus can remove it as well as a free action. When the gift is removed by the succubus, she may choose to have it cause 1d6 Charisma drain to the victim per 3 HD, no save.

At 15 HD, when the Succubus chooses to inflict the Charisma drain, the Charisma drain is maximized.

Comments and FAQ
    Spoiler
    Show

1. This was intended to be balanced with Tier 3 classes
    2. The reason the abilities scale with HD is that otherwise the abilities suck once she gets out of the class.
    3.In taking this you give up your choice of race. You cannot be a Succubus and a human, or a Succubus and a Minotaur
    4. You do not have to be the traditional alignment, even if you do get the subtypes associated with the monster.
    5. This is intended to be playable with just the SRD allowed.
    6. You can multi-class out at any point. This is not a traditional racial class, so you don't have to go through all 7 levels, you simply have to take the first.

Like I said, it's a Succubus, there's really not much to say about this. Hopefully it will get more people to comment and vote since the purpose is to have classes that are deemed playable, and that's not possible when nobody votes or critiques.

*You have no idea how much I wanted to say "Seventh Heaven" for some incomprehensible reason.

As with pretty much every class I'll ever do, this class does not have an alignment requirement. Why? Simple really, there's no reason a being of sex has to be evil. Granted, it's a demon, but their abilities are more morally questionable than outright evil.

I tried to give it most of the stuff it had in the SRD. There was some stuff I just plain couldn't fit in seven levels though.

Changelog
    Spoiler
    Show
    Added Glide

Removed Dimension Door

Increased Skill points to 6+Int modifier.

Added Balance, All knowledge skills, sleight of hand, Spellcraft, Tumble, Use Magic Device and Perform to the Skill list.

Added Words of Seduction

Moved Change Shape to make it not such a great dip.

Changed the Class to a template.

Changed the Kiss to be better at higher levels, and to be able to create more Succubi.

removed the favored class bit.

Changed it so that you may gain the subtypes, since they can screw a character concept over, and short of sources like Savage Species there's no way to remove them.

Changed Detect Good so that it can bypass the alignment concealing effects they're liable to run into at these levels.

Added Summon demon to both Succubi.

Gave the ability to turn killed enemies into Succubi to the base class version.

Gave the Prestige Class version the "Profane Gift" ability from the Pathfinder succubus.

Gave the prestige class version casting progression for bards specifically.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2021-04-11 at 11:38 PM.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Soft Serve's Syllabus of Monster Classes. (3.5) taking requests!

Alright. Two updates. The first is that I'm now taking requests for other monsters to do. If somebody would like, I can post a list of other monsters I planned on creating at some point. Please, just somebody post shpwing that they still give a damn about my project.

The second is, I was looking through some books, and created a few feats based off of others I saw. Really just something I thought might be good for an update while I worked on other stuff. As you can probably tell, I was looking at a book about dragons.

Horns [General]
    Pre-requisites: Must have horns from some source, 9 HD
    Benefit: The Creature gains a gore natural attack. This is a secondary natural attack that deals the following damage according to size.
    {table]Size|Damage
    Tiny|1d3
    Small|1d4
    Medium|1d6
    Large|1d8
    Huge|2d6
    Gargantuan|2d8
    Colossal|4d6[/table]
    Special: If you take this feat, you cannot also take the Head plate feat.

Head plate [General]
    Pre-requisites: 9 HD
    Benefit: The Creature gains a headbutt natural attack. This is a secondary natural attack that deals the following amount of bludgeoning damage according to size.
    {table]Size|Damage
    Tiny|1d3
    Small|1d4
    Medium|1d6
    Large|1d8
    Huge|2d6
    Gargantuan|2d8
    Colossal|4d6[/table]
    Special: if you take this feat, you cannot also take the Horns feat.

Tail Spikes [General]
    Pre-requisites: Tail slap attack, 12 HD
    Benefit: The damage of your tail slap increases by 2d6. Additionally, You can choose to start a grapple when you hit with a tail slap attack as if you had the improved grab special attack as long as the creature is 3 or more size categories smaller than you.

You can drop a creature you have snatched as a free action or use a standard action to fling it aside. A flung creature travels 1d6 × 10 feet, and takes 1d6 points of damage per 10 feet traveled. If you are flying while you fling the creature, the creature takes this amount or falling damage, whichever is greater.

Body Spines: [General]
    Pre-requisite: Must have spines or similar structures on body, 6 HD
    Benefit: The Creature grows spines all over its body. Anyone climbing on or grappling with the Creature takes 1d4+Strength modifier damage each round they remain climbing/Grappling. This damage can also be added to a Tail Slap or Tail Sweep attack.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-10-15 at 09:42 PM.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Soft Serve's Syllabus of Monster Classes. (3.5) taking requests!

A big part of the Succubus's thing was suppose to be mind blowing Cha like nothing else except maybe an Nymph, Dragon or Celestial could compete with. So maybe consider increasing it's Cha boost.

Just an Off the cuff idea for it.
    "I Burn!"