New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Pathfinder Grab Bag Competition Chat Thread

Working on the trophies at the moment; so those should be going out to your inboxes before the night is out.

~~~~

We're reaching the one week mark with only 2 half-completed entries. I really hope to not only see them done but see some new ones up before the gate finally closes on this month. Remember folks, we really do need at least need 3 entries each contest to really do voting.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Ettin in the Playground

And all of the trophies have now been sent!

And in the same vein, I wanted to speak to all of you about the future of how the voting will be handled for this contest from now on.

As of right now, we've been very lucky to get the minimum necessary amount of entrees (three) to allow us to have a proper spread for voting. But we've on the same hand (excluding this past time) also had low turn out when the voting period for our contests opens. We see the same few folks vote and maybe the odd new comer, but on the whole we don't usually see that many voters.

So, to help diversify the voting, I've been thinking of switching from a Single vote Plurality system (what we do now) to a Borda Count system like some of the other contests use.

For those of you unaware of what that is, basically you pick who you think should be first, second and third instead of just first. Each of those votes have a different point value (1st being the most, 3rd the least) and are tallied to give one larger score. Winners are then determined by the highest scores down.

So what this would mean is, that instead of two votes you would receive 4. 3 votes for who came in first, second and third and a fourth vote for Most Likely to See Play as usual. I'm hoping this change will round out the numbers better and open more options and give a more equal shot for everyone who entered (25 people voting would give a more realistic designation of the best entry, while only 3 people does a poor job at this).

This decision is up for discussion and suggestion; the Borda Count isn't the final voting method to replace the current one, but we need to re-think how we handle the voting method, especially with such a low turn-out as we get.

Also, I'd like to let you all know that sometime in the indefinite future, the contest will be receiving a change to the trophies and a new, fourth trophy will be added.

When will this happen? What will these changes be? What is this new trophy and is it made of chocolate?

Stay tuned to find out.
    Last edited by Tanuki Tales; 2012-08-20 at 10:02 PM.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Troll Brau View Post
    SNIP
    Sounds good. It will also give more depth to the answers.

What is this new trophy and is it made of chocolate?

Stay tuned to find out.
    mmmmmmmmmmm Chocolate.....
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

4. - Top - End - #394
    Halfling in the Playground

Sounds cool, Bräu - until more people join into the competitions, at least

Also, are we supposed to be creating RP 10 races for this current competion... I stated out the kithkin and they ended up RP 13, so...
    There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.
    There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TARDIS View Post
    Sounds cool, Bräu - until more people join into the competitions, at least

Also, are we supposed to be creating RP 10 races for this current competion... I stated out the kithkin and they ended up RP 13, so...
    As long as you're not too stronger than the Drow, you're gold.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Halfling in the Playground

Drow are RP 14, while tiflings and tengu are 13, so... in decent company, I suppose!
    There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.
    There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

-The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TARDIS View Post
    Drow are RP 14, while tiflings and tengu are 13, so... in decent company, I suppose!
    Yup.

And as I've mentioned; this contest doesn't use the race building rules in ARG or require the use of them. I just use them as a starting point and for comparison when looking at race entries.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

I didn't even know about RP before I started statting up a Rhox.

What is RP?

9. - Top - End - #399

Yup.

And as I've mentioned; this contest doesn't use the race building rules in ARG or require the use of them.
    Which is good, as I lack that any pathfinder books include those race rules.

Also, my entry should be nearing completion soon.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DawnbringerSO View Post
    I didn't even know about RP before I started statting up a Rhox.

What is RP?
    RP stands for Racial/Race Points.

See, Pathfinder put out this book a few months ago called the Advanced Race Guide. It details extra rules, mechanics, character options and fluff for all the already established base races and then gives you rules on how to make your own base/advanced/monster races.

They gave a plethora of racial options and then attached values to said options, the currency being RP. The base races usually fall in-between 6 or 8 (I think that's Kobolds, Goblins and Halflings; don't have the book open at the moment) and ~14 (which is Drow). Anything more falls under "Advanced" and "Monstrous" races respectively.

I like the rules for building base guys, despise them for making playable monsters.

But anyways, this contest does not require or even advise the use of that book when submitting races for this contest. I just use them as a kind of starting compass/jump off point when I'm looking over entries.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ettin in the Playground

So. With all the chatter concerning things in the last few pages, the contest should be seeing some complete entries soon, yes?

We are getting down to the last week now and all, but I hate to seem pushy.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Orc in the Playground

Done. Exhausted, but done :p

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deviston View Post
    Done. Exhausted, but done :p
    I'm glad to see we have our first complete entry with one week left.

And now, without further ado, the sneak peak for next month:

"Saturday Morning Nostalgia"

14. - Top - End - #404
    Orc in the Playground

Wellllll I had the idea in my head for a while and your competition gave the excuse to finally put it to "paper". I have a feeling why few entries are complete or entered. That was a lot of work lol!!! A lot mroe than I expected, the spell, items, and feats were rushed and even that part took about an hour or more.

Either way, time to get to work on the next one!

15. - Top - End - #405
    Ettin in the Playground

Wellllll I had the idea in my head for a while and your competition gave the excuse to finally put it to "paper". I have a feeling why few entries are complete or entered. That was a lot of work lol!!! A lot mroe than I expected, the spell, items, and feats were rushed and even that part took about an hour or more.

Either way, time to get to work on the next one!
    I'd say the amount of work was on par with a base class personally.

16. - Top - End - #406

I'd say the amount of work was on par with a base class personally.
    I'd say this is harder work than a class. Classes generally follow a certain format and flow better in my mind with concepts.
    Show

17. - Top - End - #407
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Milo v3 View Post
    I'd say this is harder work than a class. Classes generally follow a certain format and flow better in my mind with concepts.
    Very accurate point Milo. That was the issue, but I didn't know the words. Thanks :)

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ettin in the Playground

Alright, time for a run-down on the Nafairi!

Ritual of Rebirth
    • I feel that "Becoming a nafairi isn’t undertaken lightly. It is a long process full of self-reflection and commitment." would read better if you combined them into one sentence split by a comma.
    • There shouldn't be a comma separating "glorious" from "child".

Adventurers
    • I think you meant "have a friendly duel with a" instead of "have a friendly duel a".

Archetye
    • There seems to be several instances of the text not matching the table.

Alright, grammar is all done.

• Well, I think it's pretty neat to see a template race ala the Dragonborn as an entry. And I can see why this one would be more difficult than normal to pull off and balance. But elemental variety races are always nice to see.
    • There are no Genasi in Pathfinder. There are races that are basically them without sharing the name, but they aren't Genasi.
    • Before looking into each specific type of these guys, I want to comment on the rebirth mechanics first:
      • The way you worded their type change is weird/incorrect. Outsider (Native) isn't a subtype; it's a main type with a subtype. And since you want these guys to keep not only their subtypes but their own main types, then nafairi should be Outsider (Augmented, Native, X racial subtype, etc.).
      • When you say they keep their racial hit dice, do you mean they don't recalculate them/gain the benefits of the Outsider type or what?
      • There is no Level Adjustment in Pathfinder
      • Can someone point me to where in Pathfinder that they specified that losing a prerequisite for a prestige class loses you abilities from it? That was something argued to death in 3.0/3.5, but I never looked into it when switching to Pathfinder.
    • Air for the start:
      • The flight speed is worded kind of wonky. You specify it needs to end on a solid surface, but not begin on it. So this means basically Feather Fall or similar along with flight since you can just move your flight speed down every round to lessen the falling damage. And as written, it's overpowered as a racial ability for a base race.
      • The gliding ability is superfluous until you've fixed and redefined the race's base flight. And where did this limit on the race's amount of flight come from? It wasn't mentioned in the main flight ability.
      • Why is the ability called Prismatic Shell? And did you mean it to affect both melee and ranged touch attacks?
    • Next is Earth:
      • How exactly does the Reflexive Eruption ability work? You can only use it in response to an action and you only get one immediate action per turn. Does it stick around for the rest of the round or what? You didn't really define the dimensions of the wall version of this either or what kind of cover/concealment it grants.
    • Next is Fire:
      • Do fires even have size categories?
      • Does the Immolate ability affect things without body temperatures (such as Undead or Constructs) or creatures that are already extremely hot or cold (such as creatures with the Fire and Cold subtypes)?
      • Immolate and Flame Mantle just seem...weak choices compared to other elements' choices. Fire is the most commonly resisted energy type and you need to burn (pun not intended) a feat to help mitigate this.
    • Out of curiosity, why does Elemental Fortification replace the Elemental Aspect racial feature instead of the Elemental Resistance one?
    • What's an Elemental Bender?
    • You might want to clean up the Planar Sibling abilities, since I'm a little confused about what some of them do. Also, you don't need to include the dead/empty levels in the chart. I just included all 20 so folks didn't need to do any further coding for the table.
    • Lingering Ozone seems like it can be a double-edged sword since it affects a square, not a creature.
    • I'm not sure how the Searing Immolation feat works the way it's worded.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Orc in the Playground

OK! Since this is long, I broke it up with Sblocks so it’s not a wall of text.

Spoiler
    Show
    Ritual of Rebirth
    I feel that "Becoming a nafairi isn’t undertaken lightly. It is a long process full of self-reflection and commitment." would read better if you combined them into one sentence split by a comma.
    There shouldn't be a comma separating "glorious" from "child".

FIXED!

Adventurers
    I think you meant "have a friendly duel with a" instead of "have a friendly duel a".
    FIXED!

Archetye
    There seems to be several instances of the text not matching the table.
    REPLYI’m not sure what you are pointing out here. Maybe I’m just herp derpin, would you mind specifying?

There are no Genasi in Pathfinder. There are races that are basically them without sharing the name, but they aren't Genasi.
    REPLY: I will amend the fluff to take this into account, it may be a bit before I properly amend every instance.

The way you worded their type change is weird/incorrect.
    REPLY: Mkay, I was going off of the dragoneborn that gains the dragonblood subtype. In your opinion what would work? Just giving them the elemental subtype? Or going ahead to tack in Outside (Humanoid, earth, etc)?

When you say they keep their racial hit dice, do you mean they don't recalculate them/gain the benefits of the Outsider type or what?
    REPLY: Once again this is a throwback to the original text. My assumption is that since the Outside type says junk like “they have X HD and X skill points” I’m going to say yes, you keep whatever HD you had from other classes or Racial HD in the case of playing something monstrous and continue to grow in HD as your class states. However, if you get racial HD (via a class or bloodline or w/e) you gain future racial HDs as an Outside (once again assuming we keep the Outsider type).

There is no Level Adjustment in Pathfinder
    REPLY: This doesn’t make sense to me. Or my DM. We add LA’s to various “above 11 RP races” so ALL the previous templates don’t need to be redone into RP features and built from the ground up. I will take it out of this race however since that is a ‘us’ specific rule.

Can someone point me to where in Pathfinder that they specified that losing a prerequisite for a prestige class loses you abilities from it? That was something argued to death in 3.0/3.5, but I never looked into it when switching to Pathfinder.
    REPLY: Hmmmm…. Good GOOD point. It doesn’t say that you lose… however; I reckoned it was similar to the feats. You lose a base feat you can’t use its further feats. BUT! A feat is not a prestige class and the whole thing about losing abilities from a class doesn’t sit well with me. If it is divinely given, you can’t really argue with that, “No bro, gimme back my solar flare, you worship shadows now.” I don’t know… I’ll wait for further discussion on this point.

The flight speed is worded kind of wonky. You specify it needs to end on a solid surface, but not begin on it. So this means basically Feather Fall or similar along with flight since you can just move your flight speed down every round to lessen the falling damage. And as written, it's overpowered as a racial ability for a base race.
    REPLY: Done to be like the airstep sandals from Magic of the Incarnum page 55.
    “While worn, the airstep sandals allow you to fl y up to 10
    feet (good maneuverability) as a move action once per round.
    You must end the flight solidly supported or you fall.”
    Not sure what else to say on that note.

Why is the ability called Prismatic Shell? And did you mean it to affect both melee and ranged touch attacks?
    REPLY: Why is anything called anything lol I don’t know! I tossed a name on it because in my mind it looked like a sphere of windy goodness. What about Tempest Shell?
    Also, added the word “ranged” in front of touch attacks because no, I did NOT intend it to apply to melee touch attacks.

Spoiler
    Show
    How exactly does the Reflexive Eruption ability work? You can only use it in response to an action and you only get one immediate action per turn. Does it stick around for the rest of the round or what? You didn't really define the dimensions of the wall version of this either or what kind of cover/concealment it grants.
    REPLY: The earth eruption pops up (out down or out depending on where your source is) and attempts to stop the effect and immediately crumbles. As for the wall, dimension have been defines as being 1 foot thick.

Do fires even have size categories?
    REPLY: Not sure. But I added examples and if that’s not good enough I will go into further detail somehow.

Does the Immolate ability affect things without body temperatures (such as Undead or Constructs) or creatures that are already extremely hot or cold (such as creatures with the Fire and Cold subtypes)?
    REPLY: Added in a specification. “In the case of a creature without heat (Construct or Undead) or in the case of a creature that is already extremely cold (such as creatures with the cold subtype) he generates the heat via his concentration and the effect continues as normal. In the case of creatures that are already extremely hot, they can still become hotter and but likely their natural fire resistance will be enough to ignore his immolate damage.”

Immolate and Flame Mantle just seem...weak choices compared to other elements' choices. Fire is the most commonly resisted energy type and you need to burn (pun not intended) a feat to help mitigate this.
    REPLY: Immolate can be used as a move action. This is the balancing factor for it being weak. Also keep in mind, since it is a move action he can choose to use it twice per round. However, the extra points only come at further rounds not at further uses. GREAT for a fire caster for example. They immolate constantly all the while blasting or doing whatever, and have a way to deal with things with low fire resist (if they take the feat of course). Flame Mantle is for the melee fella. I did notice that since it’s for the melee fella, Cha will probably be a dump stat (I NEVER consider the concept of dump stats since I am a heavy RP guy and so I missed it) and changed the number of times it activates to equal Cha -10 and at 12 HD its equal to Cha. Remember, this is good for multiple attacks. Makes the baddy dislike hurting you.

Out of curiosity, why does Elemental Fortification replace the Elemental Aspect racial feature instead of the Elemental Resistance one?
    REPLY: Uh… BECAUSE! ((Fixed))

What's an Elemental Bender?
    REPLY ::insert evil laughter:: Yessss… this worked exactly as I had planned. Soon the answer to this question shall be revealed… sooooon.

You might want to clean up the Planar Sibling abilities, since I'm a little confused about what some of them do. Also, you don't need to include the dead/empty levels in the chart. I just included all 20 so folks didn't need to do any further coding for the table.
    REPLY: Please clarify which ones are herp derp. It all makes sense to me (since I’m the originator of the thought that makes sense) and I took out the dead levels.

Lingering Ozone seems like it can be a double-edged sword since it affects a square, not a creature.
    REPLY: Good point. My hope was that a person who stayed in the square was penalized for it but if they moved it was ok. I’ll go ahead and make it for the target.

I'm not sure how the Searing Immolation feat works the way it's worded.
    REPLY: To be honest I am not sure how to explain it in mechanics. Let me give you a scenario to help you understand and maybe you can aid me.

Jeff the 3rd level fire nafairi has taken immolate and searing immolation. He is in class and is mad at his teacher (who is also a fire nafairi) and elects to immolate her in retribution.

On round 1 he deals 2 points of fire damage to her. With her fire resistance 5 she does not take the damage.
    On round 2 he deals 3 points of fire damage to her. To the same effect, much to his dismay.
    On round 3 and 4, the same result occurs.
    On round 5 he deals 6 points of damage and at this point she makes a save and passes. Half damage reduces it to 3 and she does not notice.
    On round 6, he has still not dealt damage to her so she still has her fire resistance. But he tries again and finally with success. He deals 7 points of fire damage to her and she fails her save. Because of her fire resistance she only takes 2 points of damage. This is where searing immolation kicks in.
    On rounds 7, as she is yelling at the bad little boy in the class, he deals 7 points again, since he has reached the height of his increased damage. Since she took 2 points of damage the previous round, her fire resistance is only 3 right now. She feels 4 points of fire damage and her fire resistance is reduced to zero.
    On round 8 he kills her and begins eating his black forest ham sammich as children run screaming from the room. Jeff is incarcerated in juvy and later gets out to become a serial killer. A paladin kills him before he turns 21 and he never got to enjoy a fine ale. We are sad for Jeff.
    Last edited by Deviston; 2012-08-24 at 07:32 PM.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    REPLYI’m not sure what you are pointing out here. Maybe I’m just herp derpin, would you mind specifying?
    Well, first off, several of the ability names don't match the ones on the table and you sometimes use a separate name for the Archetype instead of the one you selected (or this is meant for the Eidolon and you never specified it as so).

REPLY: Mkay, I was going off of the dragoneborn that gains the dragonblood subtype. In your opinion what would work? Just giving them the elemental subtype? Or going ahead to tack in Outside (Humanoid, earth, etc)?
    Erm, I did tell you how it should be worded. o.o

REPLY: Once again this is a throwback to the original text. My assumption is that since the Outside type says junk like “they have X HD and X skill points” I’m going to say yes, you keep whatever HD you had from other classes or Racial HD in the case of playing something monstrous and continue to grow in HD as your class states. However, if you get racial HD (via a class or bloodline or w/e) you gain future racial HDs as an Outside (once again assuming we keep the Outsider type).
    So they don't recalculate any pre-existing racial hit dice but still get the benefits of the type. Gotcha.

REPLY: This doesn’t make sense to me. Or my DM. We add LA’s to various “above 11 RP races” so ALL the previous templates don’t need to be redone into RP features and built from the ground up. I will take it out of this race however since that is a ‘us’ specific rule.
    The term Level Adjustment is not used in Pathfinder. Pathfinder makes use of CR adjustment and then their previous Monstrous PC rules, which is far more balanced and rewarding towards play. The rules for Advanced Race Guide (which this contest neither actually uses or requires) even mention that you should basically have ~11+ RP group along with other ~11+RP races for balance sake and to change how those races level if you mix them in with races of different power brackets.

REPLY: Hmmmm…. Good GOOD point. It doesn’t say that you lose… however; I reckoned it was similar to the feats. You lose a base feat you can’t use its further feats. BUT! A feat is not a prestige class and the whole thing about losing abilities from a class doesn’t sit well with me. If it is divinely given, you can’t really argue with that, “No bro, gimme back my solar flare, you worship shadows now.” I don’t know… I’ll wait for further discussion on this point.
    And they do specifically mention about how feats work in Pathfinder. So I'll be waiting alongside you for some further verification when it comes to PrCs.

REPLY: Done to be like the airstep sandals from Magic of the Incarnum page 55.
    “While worn, the airstep sandals allow you to fl y up to 10
    feet (good maneuverability) as a move action once per round.
    You must end the flight solidly supported or you fall.”
    Not sure what else to say on that note.
    Can you take a move action while falling though?

REPLY: Why is anything called anything lol I don’t know! I tossed a name on it because in my mind it looked like a sphere of windy goodness. What about Tempest Shell?
    Well, it's just the term is both multi-element based (water, air and light) based and has a notorious history of what it can do in terms of table top gaming.

Spoiler
    Show
    REPLY: The earth eruption pops up (out down or out depending on where your source is) and attempts to stop the effect and immediately
    Then how does it block multiple effects if you can only ever use it once per round?

Do fires even have size categories?
    REPLY: Not sure. But I added examples and if that’s not good enough I will go into further detail somehow.
    I'd just specify size of flame in terms like "bonfire", "camp fire", "torch" etc. Objects that you can quantify easily as a player and DM.

-Snip-
    May I suggest having half the damage from Immolate and Fire Mantle become untyped at higher hit dice? It'd help mitigate how weak fire damage is while leaving the feat to just boost it to help completely ignore the Fire Resistance.

REPLY ::insert evil laughter:: Yessss… this worked exactly as I had planned. Soon the answer to this question shall be revealed… sooooon.
    Plugging some future homebrew?

REPLY: Please clarify which ones are herp derp. It all makes sense to me (since I’m the originator of the thought that makes sense) and I took out the dead levels.
    • The Eidolon ability doesn't really say what it does very clearly, except that you get more Evolution points and the reason for that isn't explained either.
    • How Absorbing Ally works isn't really explained and the distance it works at is a little vague (when you say reach do you mean it's attack range or...?).
    • While not one of the one's I originally meant, you need to change Ride the Arcana since a Planar Sibling could now have no innate energy resistance.
    • Greater Absorbing Ally looks like a reprint of Absorbing Ally with "ally" in place of summoner. This leads to the ability potentially being useless or just confusing to implement if the creature has no innate energy resistances or and energy descriptor or if they have more than one. And what do you mean by "if the ally is the summon"?

-Snip-
    Ok, now I understand how it works. But no offense meant, it's kind of a useless feat, especially in a case where it could take close to 10 turns to matter.

I'd personally just change the feat so that it allows any spell, spell-like ability or supernatural effect used by the Fire nafairi that deals Fire damage to have half it's damage changed to untyped. I know your other feats are keyed off of the different nafairi's specific aspects and on improving them...but...yeah, Fire damage is a gods awful choice.
    Last edited by Tanuki Tales; 2012-08-24 at 08:11 PM.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Erm, I did tell you how it should be worded. o.o
    Oh. I thought it was a concept in directing me the right way. Didn't realize it was actual. After this post, it'll be done.

The term Level Adjustment is not used in Pathfinder. Pathfinder makes use of CR adjustment and then their previous Monstrous PC rules, which is far more balanced and rewarding towards play. The rules for Advanced Race Guide (which this contest neither actually uses or requires) even mention that you should basically have ~11+ RP group along with other ~11+RP races for balance sake and to change how those races level if you mix them in with races of different power brackets.
    So... the nafairi retains any previous CR?

Can you take a move action while falling though?
    Not sure. I don't see why you couldn't. Falling isn't instant teleportation into the Splat Dimension. And since you can have 2 move actions in a 6 second round, I'd say a move action only takes 3 seconds.

Well, it's just the term is both multi-element based (water, air and light) based and has a notorious history of what it can do in terms of table top gaming.
    Ah yes, the prismatic sphere/wall/ray/whatever. And since it increased cold resistance, I reckoned Tempest works good.

Then how does it block multiple effects if you can only ever use it once per round?
    Oops, I meant to put it in. I changed the action to free.

Spoiler
    Show
    I'd just specify size of flame in terms like "bonfire", "camp fire", "torch" etc. Objects that you can quantify easily as a player and DM.
    Fair nuff.

May I suggest having half the damage from Immolate and Fire Mantle become untyped at higher hit dice? It'd help mitigate how weak fire damage is while leaving the feat to just boost it to help completely ignore the Fire Resistance.
    sad face... but I reckon you are right.

• The Eidolon ability doesn't really say what it does very clearly, except that you get more Evolution points and the reason for that isn't explained either.
    • How Absorbing Ally works isn't really explained and the distance it works at is a little vague (when you say reach do you mean it's attack range or...?).
    • While not one of the one's I originally meant, you need to change Ride the Arcana since a Planar Sibling could now have no innate energy resistance.
    • Greater Absorbing Ally looks like a reprint of Absorbing Ally with "ally" in place of summoner. This leads to the ability potentially being useless or just confusing to implement if the creature has no innate energy resistances or and energy descriptor or if they have more than one. And what do you mean by "if the ally is the summon"?
    Eidelon: You are cut off from gaining the opposite energy resistance, your eidelon is only able to deal your elemental's resistance in energy damage.
    I see it as a limiting factor and to give back, I gave the evolution points, but reduced them to 1/3 class levels. Also, I gave the eidelon free resistance evolution with the stipulation that it must be as your elemental, and further taking it works as normal but are obviously barred from your opposite element.

Absorbing Ally: To be honest I don't know what "in reach" is. I copied it word for word from the book and just replaced the AC bonus for the elemental stuff.

Ride the Arcana: I added this "(or would normally if a circumstance or choice would cause the nafairi to not have his energy resistance)".

Greater Absorbing Ally: "if the ally is the summon"er. Summoner. Fixed. As for the ability, I cleaned it up a bit. If it is still confusing or is worded badly, say so :)

Ok, now I understand how it works. But no offense meant, it's kind of a useless feat, especially in a case where it could take close to 10 turns to matter.

I'd personally just change the feat so that it allows any spell, spell-like ability or supernatural effect used by the Fire nafairi that deals Fire damage to have half it's damage changed to untyped. I know your other feats are keyed off of the different nafairi's specific aspects and on improving them...but...yeah, Fire damage is a gods awful choice.
    OH! And what if the untyped damage (only generated from immolation) can reduce fire resistance?
    Last edited by Deviston; 2012-08-24 at 10:53 PM.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ettin in the Playground

So... the nafairi retains any previous CR?
    Well, Nafairi are technically a +0 CR template, so you shouldn't have to make any mentions towards how their CR is affected unless it's raised or lowered.

Not sure. I don't see why you couldn't. Falling isn't instant teleportation into the Splat Dimension. And since you can have 2 move actions in a 6 second round, I'd say a move action only takes 3 seconds.
    Well, then you still basically have Flight+Feather Fall from the get go.

sad face... but I reckon you are right.
    Yup, that's just the kind of creature the game is sadly.

Eidelon: You are cut off from gaining the opposite energy resistance, your eidelon is only able to deal your elemental's resistance in energy damage.
    I see it as a limiting factor and to give back, I gave the evolution points, but reduced them to 1/3 class levels. Also, I gave the eidelon free resistance evolution with the stipulation that it must be as your elemental, and further taking it works as normal but are obviously barred from your opposite element.
    Alrighty.

Absorbing Ally: To be honest I don't know what "in reach" is. I copied it word for word from the book and just replaced the AC bonus for the elemental stuff.
    Guess it means attack range then.

Greater Absorbing Ally: "if the ally is the summon"er. Summoner. Fixed. As for the ability, I cleaned it up a bit. If it is still confusing or is worded badly, say so :)
    Nope, looks fine now.

OH! And what if the untyped damage (only generated from immolation) can reduce fire resistance?
    Now that could be making the feat a bit too good and a little niche. You're already doing untyped damage (thus bypassing resistance and immunity), but for some reason penalize non-immune creatures while leaving immune ones unaffected.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Orc in the Playground

Fair enough on all points :)

24. - Top - End - #414
    Ettin in the Playground

So, anyone else want to weigh in on the voting change?

And anyone else missing Golden and Midwoka? They usually always brightened things up.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Barbarian in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Sorry I havet posted my entry yet Troll Brau, been doing stuff to prepare for the storm and no net oxo so should be posting my entry soon if all goes well

26. - Top - End - #416
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Warpwolf16 View Post
    Sorry I havet posted my entry yet Troll Brau, been doing stuff to prepare for the storm and no net oxo so should be posting my entry soon if all goes well
    Geez, you're in the path of Isaac? Hope you fare well and don't take any massive property damage/power outage!

And it's fine, take your time. Counting today, there's six days left in the competition and I may just end up extending the contest (for the third time D: ) a week longer or so if we don't have at least 3 complete entries by the end.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

Do you want me to post what I have done so far, and then complete it later?

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DawnbringerSO View Post
    Do you want me to post what I have done so far, and then complete it later?
    As long as you have some of it done, sure.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Dwarf in the Playground

Zombie

As long as you have some of it done, sure.
    Feel free to have a look at it so far.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Dwarf in the Playground

DruidGirl

So, anyone else want to weigh in on the voting change?

And anyone else missing Golden and Midwoka? They usually always brightened things up.
    I'm here =D

I've been working on an entry for this month, but I just came down with a fever yesterday so I'm not sure if I'll finish it in time. I probably will, though =)

As for the voting system, that new one sounds fine. What we really need is more voters!