New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,495 of 1495

Thread: Bibliography

1. - Top - End - #1471
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Bibliography

Quote Originally Posted by Kumo View Post
    Possibly. But i was thinking he'd have all spells visible.
    Well, but that is clearly much better than being buried by a pile of books...

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Titan in the Playground

It could be that the slots are like, charging or something. Using them makes them attune to the Bibliography, as does time-and if either runs out, they become a PERMANANT ability.

Just a theory. Makes him less screwed. XD
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

smile Re: Bibliography

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    It could be that the slots are like, charging or something. Using them makes them attune to the Bibliography, as does time-and if either runs out, they become a PERMANANT ability.

Makes sense, and Ben would never suspect it

Then again, he don't seem to suspect the beaver revolution (There's something suspicious about those tails, I know it.) or the Swedish inquisition (it will happen, and I will be prepared!) so it's not that big an accomplishment.
    Treasured Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Emphatic shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post

At first, it was the smiley faces and the mannerisms. Then, it was the infernal magpie. It struck a chord. A cutely fiendish, macabre chord.

An then I saw Keveak in the sorting hat and you are just the cutest thing when you want to be. My gosh look at that. It's squee-inducing.

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by wkz View Post
    Well, but that is clearly much better than being buried by a pile of books...
    If he fills up his second book too, he'd have twelve spell slots. How many, exactly, would he actually need? >.>

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Ogre in the Playground

If he fills up his second book too, he'd have twelve spell slots. How many, exactly, would he actually need? >.>
    50 per codex?

Owrtho
    Tables
    Want them to look nice? Have a guide

My Homebrew
    [creature]Shiny: Monster Competition XXXVI entry.
    [class]Wisp fire guide: Follow me. I have such sights to show you.
    [class]Ozodrin: A class to play as an eldritch horror.
    other hombrew

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Bugbear in the Playground

I don't think he'd want or need every spell, seems impractical.
    Uncle Fong, from Bibliography, and Chibi Fong Avatar By Elagune

Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Total War: Broken City (Retired)

Banner courtesy of Nyrt

Total War: Another 2125 (Retired)
    Dutch Kritarchy and Constituents

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Owrtho View Post
    50 per codex?

Owrtho
    I said need. NEEEEEED.

8. - Top - End - #1478

I said need. NEEEEEED.
    Well, you figure one shielding spell, one or two melee spells (ala occular blade), one or two ranged attack spells (lycannon, lensflash, etc), two or three self-buffs, one or two debuffs, one to three field control spells, two or three utility spells, maybe a curative spell of some sort, plus the mystical-spell-of-plot-advancement. That's solidly in the teens.

Anything less than that and he'd need to worry about a fully Inked Jacques in Abyssal form, or the equivalent.

Unless he's supposed to not rely too heavily on having a large number of spells at his disposal, in which case you could assume a shield, a melee attack, a ranged attack, a utility/field control, a buff/debuff, and the macguffin spell. That would fit nicely into his six slots.

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Firbolg in the Playground

I think it should be a good idea to avoid filling up this thread so much in Elagune's absence, because for obvious practical reasons he should be the one to create thread 2.

And on the topic at hand, Bib would be a sore excuse for a book-shaped thing if "the opened pages are all filled-up, so let's get another book" rather than "the opened pages are all filled-up, so now you can flip them". Could have spared itself the trouble and be a single sheet or scroll if it were the case...
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Yorrin View Post
    Well, you figure one shielding spell, one or two melee spells (ala occular blade), one or two ranged attack spells (lycannon, lensflash, etc), two or three self-buffs, one or two debuffs, one to three field control spells, two or three utility spells, maybe a curative spell of some sort, plus the mystical-spell-of-plot-advancement. That's solidly in the teens.

Anything less than that and he'd need to worry about a fully Inked Jacques in Abyssal form, or the equivalent.

Unless he's supposed to not rely too heavily on having a large number of spells at his disposal, in which case you could assume a shield, a melee attack, a ranged attack, a utility/field control, a buff/debuff, and the macguffin spell. That would fit nicely into his six slots.
    He wouldn't need to worry too much about abyssals from say Jacques once he learns to control and use the bibliography.

Think about it. The spells follow an alchemical forumla - meaning they can all be absorbed. The Grenade/fog/fire elemental thing may count as three spells, or just one. In essence, Ben can't be beaten by a page if he uses that book properly. Unless the page is particularly clever or doesn't fight with Lexicon.
    Last edited by Kumo; 2010-07-15 at 04:06 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Banned

Given that it's a Bibliography, a collection of references used in a much larger work.

All of them.

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Barbarian in the Playground

I for one think the book opens to multiple pages. It wouldn't make sense for such a potentially) powerful whitebox weapon to be used by some one with 1 to 1644976.645 more. (not a real number )

View Post

Or more powerful. that bar isnt a use, its exp. (not to probable, but still.)

His book reminds me of that staff thing on this old anime i used to watch. Card captors or something, alas my childhood youth/ love.
    Quote Originally Posted by true_shinken View Post
    With a roar of effort, I make everyone agree with EternalMelon.
    Traa-tan by Demastro

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Milky9 View Post
    His book reminds me of that staff thing on this old anime i used to watch. Card captors or something, alas my childhood youth/ love.
    "Cardcaptors, A mystic adventure!
    Cardcaptors, A quest for all time!
    Each card possesses a power all it's own
    We've got to find them to bring the power home."

I watched the American dub version myself.

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Titan in the Playground

'Cardcaptors of the Clow expect the unexpected now!'
    English. XD
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.

15. - Top - End - #1485
    Ogre in the Playground

The only thing I remember from Card Captor Sakura was Syaoran getting the flying guy out of the toy machine. Oh, and the big card.

A webcomic by Sahaar and I, Shadow of Fire. Read it!

Giant in the Playground Worldbuilding Project.

Avatar by James Cameron. Or Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko. Oh wait, I mean Tom Siddell.

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Klose_the_Sith View Post
    Thanks. I just happen to be a hug Grammar Nazi at times. Sorry if it bothers you at all.
    Regardless of whether that was intentional or not, I think I love you.

Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #1486

Hey! You did I drawing for XenthenK, AFTER you said no to my Bibliography FFRP drawing request... meanie...
    LGBTitP
    The CHALLENGE|My Poetry|My Short Stories
    Fantastic FFTA Assassin Viera avvie by the fabulous Jokasti
    Spoiler
    Show
    Snow Flake: My Little Toshiro Hitsugaya Pony by Smuchmuch

Kyasarin Shihan drawing by the talented Moon Wolf

17. - Top - End - #1487

Quote Originally Posted by Kurama View Post
    Hey! You did I drawing for XenthenK, AFTER you said no to my Bibliography FFRP drawing request... meanie...
    X paid for his.
    Uncle Fong, from Bibliography, and Chibi Fong Avatar By Elagune

Total War Factions
    Spoiler
    Show

Total War: Broken City (Retired)

Banner courtesy of Nyrt

Total War: Another 2125 (Retired)
    Dutch Kritarchy and Constituents

18. - Top - End - #1488
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zeful View Post
    I watched the American dub version myself.
    The one where Syaoran is a main character and the cast isn't composed entirely of bisexuals?

19. - Top - End - #1489
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kurama View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IcemanJRC View Post
    X paid for his.
    Yessirs. I commissioned Elague to do Ken, and he just recently got back to me with that sketch. There will be a full color version coming, as well as a Bibliostyle avatar, akin to my current Raoul one. It's only $10, and I strongly suggest you support Bibliography and Elagune by commissioning him, if not simply donating some money. He puts all of his work up for free, and it's high quality stuff! Please help support this amazing artist.
    Last edited by XenthenK; 2010-07-16 at 08:57 AM.
    "Ken Villain" Avatar by Elagune
    BiblioITP Villain by Elagune, as well:
    Spoiler
    Show

His Webmanga, Bibliography. Go read it. Now. It's awesome.

20. - Top - End - #1490
    Banned

Fifty pages. That means new thread.

21. - Top - End - #1491
    Pixie in the Playground

Hi everyone, I'm from this Gaijin Manga everyone hears about. I just wanted to clarify a few things about what we do. For starters we host manga, and I have been personally talking with Elague for months. Right now we are working out a payment plan, as well as discussing what the future holds for Bibliography. The possibility of merchandising and hard copies of Bibliography are all things our company can do for Elague and for the Bibliography fans in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by XenthenK View Post
    Yessirs. I commissioned Elague to do Ken, and he just recently got back to me with that sketch. There will be a full color version coming, as well as a Bibliostyle avatar, akin to my current Raoul one. It's only $10, and I strongly suggest you support Bibliography and Elagune by commissioning him, if not simply donating some money. He puts all of his work up for free, and it's high quality stuff! Please help support this amazing artist.
    Thank you for your support of Bibliography, and I agree it's important support this great work. But there is a simpler why to support Bibliography, support Gaijinmanga.com by reading our manga.

Right now Gaijinmanga makes money simply by the number of views the site, and after discussions are finished with Elague a portion of that cash will be sent directly to him so he can continue his master piece for a long time to come. So supporting Gaijinmanga is supporting the future of Bibliography. And all you have to do to make it happen is read more manga on our site. No spending cash involved, of course I'm sure Elague is still happy to do any commissioned work also.
    Last edited by GaijinMangaRep; 2010-07-16 at 05:28 PM.

22. - Top - End - #1492
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GaijinMangaRep View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm from this Gaijin Manga everyone hears about. I just wanted to clarify a few things about what we do. For starters we host manga, and I have been personally talking with Elague for months. Right now we are working out a payment plan, as well as discussing what the future holds for Bibliography. The possibility of merchandising and hard copies of Bibliography are all things our company can do for Elague and for the Bibliography fans in the future.

Thank you for your support of Bibliography, and I agree it's important support this great work. But there is a simpler why to support Bibliography, support Gaijinmanga.com by reading our manga.

Right now Gaijinmanga makes money simply by the number of views the site, and after discussions are finished with Elague a portion of that cash will be sent directly to him so he can continue his master piece for a long time to come. So supporting Gaijinmanga is supporting the future of Bibliography. And all you have to do to make it happen is read more manga on our site. No spending cash involved, of course I'm sure Elague is still happy to do any commissioned work also.
    now I'm so making everyone I know read Bibliography on Gaijinmanga.

Heil Elagune! *salutes*
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thanks to Terry for my irate Nightmare Alchemist Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dust View Post
    Creed, you guys are awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Now for Creed to quote me and say something snarky. And the circle of life will be complete.

23. - Top - End - #1493
    Titan in the Playground

...um.
    What happened..?

24. - Top - End - #1494
    Titan in the Playground

25. - Top - End - #1495
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GaijinMangaRep View Post

I draw and I already have a few chapter done. I was wondering if I will get pay by uploading my manga to gaijinmanga? - Are all the artist getting money for having their mangas on your website?