New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Request a Homebrew: Thread 2!

Sorry to say this but

The Homebrew Should Be Fairly Small in Scope: Requests should be for homebrew that could be easily contained in one post - asking for a whole new base class or magic system would be a bit too much for this thread. The concept here is really for DMs to request something they expect to use in short order and don't have the time to develop themselves.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

2. - Top - End - #212
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

R 768

I'd like an aquatic race, with a low LA, preferably none. If it can be a magic using race that would be great. A fish-like feel would also be great.

Also if you can find and either link or post a picture it would be appreciated

3. - Top - End - #213

C 768 Any specific fluff? Do you want it based off a specific type of fish? Angler, Puffer, Clown, Shark, Tropical?

Saddly I don't think I'll be able to get a picture though...
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2012-05-25 at 07:49 AM.
    Show

4. - Top - End - #214
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Milo v3 View Post
    C 768 Any specific fluff? Do you want it based off a specific type of fish? Angler, Puffer, Clown, Shark, Tropical?

Saddly I don't think I'll be able to get a picture though...
    Maybe an oceanic fish, i'm not too familiar on the types of fishes. I would like them to have a hard time living on land, if they can at all. The world I want them for is heavily controlled by the elements, so making them a Water Elements chosen race to protect the seas would be ok.

5. - Top - End - #215

Quote Originally Posted by Amburst View Post
    Maybe an oceanic fish, i'm not too familiar on the types of fishes. I would like them to have a hard time living on land, if they can at all. The world I want them for is heavily controlled by the elements, so making them a Water Elements chosen race to protect the seas would be ok.
    Here is a link to what I have so far. I'll add in the rest as soon as possible. Please tell me in the thread if there is anything you want me to change.
    Show

6. - Top - End - #216
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by miz redavni View Post
    I'm looking for a homebrew bass class that's kindda like, well "shadow made real".
    (quoted due to lack of a number)

This might be too powerful. I didn't spend a lot of time computing balance.

The Shadowcrafter

When a human is born with a touch of draconic blood, sometimes the result is a sorcerer. When that blood is from a Shadow Dragon, the result can be a little different: a shadowcrafter. The arcane energy is turned in a way that isn't exactly spellcasting, but instead links closely to the plane of shadow.

Level BAB Fort Save Ref Save Will Save Special Shadow Points Evocation Reality Conjuration Reality Max Spell level
    1st 0 0 0 2 Shadow Conjuration, Shadow Tool 5 - 0 0
    2nd 1 0 0 3 Darkness 7 - 5 0
    3rd 1 1 1 3 Shadow Evocation 9 0 10 1
    4th 2 1 1 4 Hide in Plain Sight 11 5 15 1
    5th 2 1 1 4 13 10 20 2
    6th 3 2 2 5 Shadow Magical Weapon +1 15 15 25 2
    7th 3 2 2 5 17 20 30 3
    8th 4 2 2 6 Shadow Jaunt 19 25 35 3
    9th 4 3 3 6 21 30 40 4
    10th 5 3 3 7 Summon Shadow 23 35 45 4
    11th 5 3 3 7 25 40 50 5
    12th 6 4 4 8 Shadow Stride 27 45 55 5
    13th 6 4 4 8 29 50 60 6
    14th 7 4 4 9 Shadow Magical Weapon +2 (adjustable) 31 55 65 6
    15th 7 5 5 9 33 60 70 7
    16th 8 5 5 10 Shadow Blink 35 65 75 7
    17th 8 5 5 10 37 70 80 8
    18th 9 6 6 11 Summon Greater Shadow 39 75 85 8
    19th 9 6 6 11 41 80 90 9
    20th 10 6 6 12 Shadow Creature 43 85 95 9

Hit die: d4
    Skills: 2+int
    Class skills: Craft (any), Hide, Knowledge(arcana), Knowledge(the planes), Move Silently
    Proficiencies: simple weapons and light armor

Shadow Points: A shadowcrafter's ability to shape shadow is finite. Each usage costs shadow points. These points are restored with 8 hours of rest (like a sorcerer's spell slots).

Shadow Conjuration(su): A shadowcrafter can imitate any conjuration from the sor/wiz list up to the "max spell level" for his class level. The reality (see the shadow conjuration spell description) is given in the "conjuration reality" column. The save dc is 10 + imitated spell's level + cha mod. The point cost is the level of the imitated spell.

Shadow Tool(su): A shadowcrafter may form from raw shadow a single non-magical object small enough to lift with one hand. He must make a craft check or the object will be non-functional. The object remains so long as he concentrates on it. This ability costs 1 shadow point.

Darkness(su): A shadowcrafter may use the spell darkness for 2 shadow points.

Shadow Evocation(su): Like shadow conjuration, but for evocations and using the "evocation reality" column. Shadow Evocation cannot be used to create light.

Hide in Plain Sight(su): As shadowdancer

Shadow Magical Weapon +1(su): When a shadowcrafter uses the Shadow Tool power to create a masterwork weapon, he may spend an additional shadow point to make it a +1 weapon.

Shadow Jaunt(su): A shadowcrafter can teleport from a natural shadow to another natural shadow within 50 ft for 2 shadow points as a standard action.

Summon Shadow(su): A shadowcrafter can summon a shadow (the monster) as if by a Summon Nature's Ally spell for 3 shadow points.

Shadow Stride(su): Like Shadow Jaunt, but a move action

Shadow Magical Weapon +2 (adjustable)(su): When using Shadow Magical Weapon, a shadowcrafter may spent one more shadow point to either make a +2 weapon or add an enchantment with a +1 cost (e.g. shocking).

Shadow Blink(su): Like Shadow Jaunt, but a swift action

Summon Greater Shadow(su): Like Summon Shadow, but a Greater Shadow and costs 9 shadow points

Shadow Creature(su): A shadowcrafter at the peek of his art becomes a creature of shadow. He is treated as having the [shadow] subtype when it is beneficial to him. He also may planeshift himself and up to 5 allies to or from the plane of shadow for 1 shadow point.
    Last edited by dspeyer; 2015-06-03 at 11:05 PM.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Ogre in the Playground

R 679 um i think thats right...

Anyways i would like to request a Sobek-like mortal race.
    A crocodilian race with possible la. all i need is crunch thanks!
    "All things must end, and you will be among the first."
    I love Ceika <3

Quote Originally Posted by Kymme View Post
    You've got good reasoning, though the Akastarepti is never the best example.

Extended Sig

8. - Top - End - #218

H767

Electiri (plural electirim)

Many outsiders are incarnations of principles: good, evil, mortality. The Electirim are the incarnations of making choices. That may be the most frightening principle of all.

{TABLE]Size/Type:|Large Outsider
    Hit Dice:|15d8+105 (165 hp)
    Initiative:|+10
    Speed:|30 ft (6 squares), fly 60ft(Good)
    Armor Class:|44 (-1 size,+10 dex, +19 natural, +6 charisma), touch 25, flat-footed 34
    Base Attack/Grapple:|+15/+29
    Attack:|halberd +24 melee (2d6+15) or eldritch blast +24 ranged (7d6)
    Full Attack:|halberd +24/+19/+14 melee (2d6+15) or eldritch blast +24 ranged (7d6+0)
    Space/Reach:|10ft/5ft
    Special Attacks:|Spell-like abilities, Halberd
    Special Qualities:|Immunity to fire, electricity, acid, cold, petrification and poison, True Seeing, Tongues, Grace
    Saves:|Fort +22, Ref +25, Will +19
    Abilities:| Str 31, Dex 31, Con 25, Int 18, Wis 18, Cha 22
    Skills:|Concentration +25, Diplomacy +24, Intimidate +24, Knowledge (arcana) +22, Knowledge (nature) +22, Knowledge (religion) +22, Knowledge (the planes) +22, Sense Motive +22, Spot +22, Climb +28, Swim +28, Listen +22
    Feats:|Power attack, Quicken Spell-like Ability, Combat Expertise, Improved Trip, Improved Disarm,
    Environment:|planar boundaries
    Organization:|solitary
    Challenge Rating:|17
    Advancement:|by class level
    Level Adjustment:|-
    [/TABLE]

Spell-like abilities At will: Heal, Harm, Darkness, Daylight, Shades, Prismatic Sphere, Greater Teleport, Plane Shift

Halberd An Electiri's Halberd is not a physical object, but an extension of its will formed of darkness and light. The Electiri chooses when it interacts with normal matter, so all attacks are touch attacks. Furthermore, the halberd qualifies as magical, good, evil, lawful, chaotic, silver and/or cold iron for overcoming damage reduction. If an Electiri is deprived of his halberd, he can form a new one as a swift action.

True Seeing and Tongues These effects are always active

Grace An Electiri adds his charisma modifier to his AC and all saves.

9. - Top - End - #219

H 679 How does this look?

Kebekra
    Racial Traits
    • +2 Strength, -2 Dexterity
    • Humanoid
    • Medium: As Medium creatures, Kebekra have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
    • Kebekra base land speed is 20 feet.
    • A Kebekra has a swim speed of 30 feet. It can move through water at it's swim speed without making Swim checks. It has a +10 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some action or avoid a hazard. It can always choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered. It can use the run action while swimming, provided it swims in a straight line.
    • +2 Natural Armor.
    • Hold breath: A Kebekra can hold its breath for a number of rounds equal to 4 x its Constitution score before it risks drowning
    • Low-Light Vision: Kebekra can see two times as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of low illumination.
    • Natural Weapons: Krebekra have a primary bite attack that deals 1d4 points of piercing damage plus Strength bonus.
    • Tears of Life (Su): A Kebekra with a Wisdom score of at least 10 also has the following spell-like abilities: 1/day—Bless Water, Create Water, Curse Water. Caster level 1st.
    • Automatic Languages: Common and Aquan. Bonus Languages: Draconic, Elven, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, and Sylvan.
    • Favored Class: Ranger.
    • Level Adjustment: +0.
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2012-05-26 at 05:55 PM.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

Ah, ah AWSOME!! *faints*
    I love Ceika <3

Extended Sig

11. - Top - End - #221
    Barbarian in the Playground

R. 780: I'm fairly certain something like this exists somewhere -- but I'm looking for a base class kind of archer that's capable of crafting its own magical arrows with or without actually having magic.
    Last edited by Cute_Riolu; 2012-05-29 at 02:10 PM.
    Formerly known as Cariyaga.

12. - Top - End - #222

Quote Originally Posted by Cute_Riolu View Post
    I'm fairly certain something like this exists somewhere -- but I'm looking for a base class kind of archer that's capable of crafting its own magical arrows with or without actually having magic.
    Sort of like this? Except I guess as a base class?

Whether or not that's what you meant, I dub you 780

13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Cute_Riolu, please number your request. It should be R. 780.

C. 679: not sure if there is an official crocodile race or not. There may have been one in Dragonlance, but I don't think it's been updated to 3rd edition.

Debby

Edit: sorry didn't change numbers earlier! Comment was for 679 not 780. Doh!
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2012-05-30 at 08:10 AM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

14. - Top - End - #224

Quote Originally Posted by dspeyer View Post
    Sort of like this? Except I guess as a base class?

Whether or not that's what you meant, I dub you 780
    Sort of! But I mean using the magic item creation rules. While artificers do make good archers for just that reason, it seems kind of silly that they're the only ones able to really do so effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by Debihuman View Post

Debby
    My apologies!
    Last edited by Cute_Riolu; 2012-05-29 at 02:29 PM.

15. - Top - End - #225

C. 780: not sure if there is an official crocodile race or not. There may have been one in Dragonlance, but I don't think it's been updated to 3rd edition.

Debby
    He didn't say anything about Crocodiles....

Are you talking about Shadowfirelance's request?
    Show

16. - Top - End - #226

C780

It seems like an artificer-style class would turn into an arrows-fired-per-level limit, which wouldn't play very well. Maybe I'm missing something.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Milo v3 View Post
    He didn't say anything about Crocodiles....

Are you talking about Shadowfirelance's request?
    Yep. edited my earlier post so it is correct now.

R. 780: I'm fairly certain something like this exists somewhere -- but I'm looking for a base class kind of archer that's capable of crafting its own magical arrows with or without actually having magic.
    C. 780. As long as you take Craft Magic Arms and Armor as a feat and can cast the appropriate spells, this is not really an issue. A ranger can do this at 8th level.

Debby
    Last edited by Debihuman; 2012-05-30 at 08:21 AM.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly. Being nicer and kinder doesn't hurt either. Note I generally only critique 3.5 and Pathfinder material.
    Please, please, please when using non-core material, cite to the books. There are too many books to wade through to find the one with the feat, special ability or spell you use.
    my creations in homebrew signature thread

18. - Top - End - #228

C. 679: not sure if there is an official crocodile race or not. There may have been one in Dragonlance, but I don't think it's been updated to 3rd edition.

Debby

Edit: sorry didn't change numbers earlier! Comment was for 679 not 780. Doh!
    I made the races traits in this post.

The full race can be seen here.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #229

C780

It seems like an artificer-style class would turn into an arrows-fired-per-level limit, which wouldn't play very well. Maybe I'm missing something.
    It's not terribly difficult to get around that -- Splitting, and all that. I'm looking for the massive versatility that the ability to craft magic arrows gives.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ogre in the Playground

So if i want somthing i would post R680?

If so then i would ask for a fiendsh half-possessed melee demon
    Last edited by ShadowFireLance; 2012-06-06 at 12:32 PM.
    I love Ceika <3

Extended Sig

21. - Top - End - #231

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFireLance View Post
    So if i want somthing i would post R680?

If so then i would ask for a Prehistoric non Psionic Mind flayer foucsed on melee.
    @ R680: so do you still want the mind blasting/tbrain eating race that is effectivly a devolved mind flayer, or another, totally unliked squid-headed race more focused on melee?

also, any LA?

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

Lotz of la like 4-6 for my game
    Last edited by ShadowFireLance; 2012-06-06 at 12:32 PM.
    I love Ceika <3

Extended Sig

23. - Top - End - #233
    Pixie in the Playground

(quoted due to lack of a number)

This might be too powerful. I didn't spend a lot of time computing balance.

The Shadowcrafter

When a human is born with a touch of draconic blood, sometimes the result is a sorcerer. When that blood is from a Shadow Dragon, the result can be a little different: a shadowcrafter. The arcane energy is turned in a way that isn't exactly spellcasting, but instead links closely to the plane of shadow.

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Shadow Points|Evocation Reality|Conjuration Reality|Max Spell level
    1st|0|0|0|2|Shadow Conjuration, Shadow Tool|5|-|0|0
    2nd|1|0|0|3|Darkness|7|-|5|0
    3rd|1|1|1|3|Shadow Evocation|9|0|10|1
    4th|2|1|1|4|Hide in Plain Sight|11|5|15|1
    5th|2|1|1|4||13|10|20|2
    6th|3|2|2|5|Shadow Magical Weapon +1|15|15|25|2
    7th|3|2|2|5||17|20|30|3
    8th|4|2|2|6|Shadow Jaunt|19|25|35|3
    9th|4|3|3|6||21|30|40|4
    10th|5|3|3|7|Summon Shadow|23|35|45|4
    11th|5|3|3|7||25|40|50|5
    12th|6|4|4|8|Shadow Stride|27|45|55|5
    13th|6|4|4|8||29|50|60|6
    14th|7|4|4|9|Shadow Magical Weapon +2 (adjustable)|31|55|65|6
    15th|7|5|5|9||33|60|70|7
    16th|8|5|5|10|Shadow Blink|35|65|75|7
    17th|8|5|5|10||37|70|80|8
    18th|9|6|6|11|Summon Greater Shadow|39|75|85|8
    19th|9|6|6|11||41|80|90|9
    20th|10|6|6|12|Shadow Creature|43|85|95|9[/table]
    Hit die: d4
    Class skills: Craft (any), Hide, Knowledge(arcana), Knowledge(the planes), Move Silently
    Proficiencies: simple weapons and light armor

Shadow Points: A shadowcrafter's ability to shape shadow is finite. Each usage costs shadow points. These points are restored with 8 hours of rest (like a sorcerer's spell slots).

Shadow Conjuration(su): A shadowcrafter can imitate any conjuration from the sor/wiz list up to the "max spell level" for his class level. The reality (see the shadow conjuration spell description) is given in the "conjuration reality" column. The save dc is 10 + imitated spell's level + cha mod. The point cost is the level of the imitated spell.

Shadow Tool(su): A shadowcrafter may form from raw shadow a single non-magical object small enough to lift with one hand. He must make a craft check or the object will be non-functional. The object remains so long as he concentrates on it. This ability costs 1 shadow point.

Darkness(su): A shadowcrafter may use the spell darkness for 2 shadow points.

Shadow Evocation(su): Like shadow conjuration, but for evocations and using the "evocation reality" column. Shadow Evocation cannot be used to create light.

Hide in Plain Sight(su): As shadowdancer

Shadow Magical Weapon +1(su): When a shadowcrafter uses the Shadow Tool power to create a masterwork weapon, he may spend an additional shadow point to make it a +1 weapon.

Shadow Jaunt(su): A shadowcrafter can teleport from a natural shadow to another natural shadow within 50 ft for 2 shadow points as a standard action.

Summon Shadow(su): A shadowcrafter can summon a shadow (the monster) as if by a Summon Nature's Ally spell for 3 shadow points.

Shadow Stride(su): Like Shadow Jaunt, but a move action

Shadow Magical Weapon +2 (adjustable)(su): When using Shadow Magical Weapon, a shadowcrafter may spent one more shadow point to either make a +2 weapon or add an enchantment with a +1 cost (e.g. shocking).

Shadow Blink(su): Like Shadow Jaunt, but a swift action

Summon Greater Shadow(su): Like Summon Shadow, but a Greater Shadow and costs 9 shadow points

Shadow Creature(su): A shadowcrafter at the peek of his art becomes a creature of shadow. He is treated as having the [shadow] subtype when it is beneficial to him. He also may planeshift himself and up to 5 allies to or from the plane of shadow for 1 shadow point.

Wow....... thank you............... This is amazing.
    Last edited by miz redavni; 2012-06-08 at 08:31 AM.

Dirt Nap Gaming is a massive professionally ran multi-gaming community.
    If you have any questions regarding us let me know.
    To the Mods and Admins here-
    Spoiler
    Show

We are legally classified a non-profit organization,
    therefore this advertisement breaks none of the rules of these forums

I often suffer from insomnia IRL, so if I do something especially stupid, sorry.

24. - Top - End - #234
    Dwarf in the Playground

Post Re: Request a Homebrew: Thread 2!

H781
    Some time ago I happened to find some alternate rule for weapon proficiencies, that I quite liked, but never remembered to save it or link back to it, so I thought I would ask the nice people here for help.

If I remember right, that rule was based on giving classes a characteristic called a 'proficiency rating' (or something similar) based on their BAB/class (maybe an ability modifier too?) and then assigning similar scores to weapons ('complexity/skill/aptitude score'), so a character is proficient with all weapons whose complexity rating is equal to or lower than his proficiency rating.
    Does anyone know where to find this rule? If so, I would be quite happy.
    Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by ScIaDrd; 2012-06-19 at 11:25 AM.
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

I started mine in the Players´ house in a large elven city.
    Boring, duh.
    GENERATION 17: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. social experiment

My Paladin´s to-be motto:
    Peace and love through superior firepower and divine righteousness.
    If you approve, copy and paste this into your signature.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Orc in the Playground

R782
    Requesting a Monster Class for Worm that Walks, essentially making it into a feasibly player character. Perhaps capitalizing and scaling the Engulf ability?

26. - Top - End - #236

H782

Requirements:
    • Able to cast limited wish, polymorph any object, summon swarm, and sympathy
    • Feat: Heighten Spell
    • Alignment: evil
    • Must perform the transformation ritual. This takes a full day and requires 10000gp of rare reagents. At sundown, the caster kills himself. Provided the body is not disturbed, it rises at the next dawn as a mass of worms.

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Spellcasting
    1st|0|0|0|2|Aberration conversion, immunities, discorporate|
    2nd|1|0|0|3|Engulf 5, Frightful Presence (HD/4+Cha)|+1 level of existing arcane class
    3rd|2|1|1|3|Awareness +1, Blindsight 15, Spell Resistance (HD)|+1 level of existing arcane class
    4th|3|1|1|4|Vermin Messenger, Vermin Trance, Summon Swarm of Vermin|+1 level of existing arcane class
    5th|3|1|1|4|Engulf 25|+1 level of existing arcane class
    6th|4|2|2|5|Awareness +5, Blindsight 75|+1 level of existing arcane class
    7th|5|2|2|5|Vermin Growth, Colossal Vermin, Insect Plague, Frightful Presence (HD/2+Cha), Spell Resistance (HD+13)|
    8th|6|2|2|6|Engulf 100|+1 level of existing arcane class
    9th|6|3|3|6|Awareness +20, Blindsight 300|+1 level of existing arcane class
    10th|7|3|3|7|Vermin Shapes, Creeping Doom|+1 level of existing arcane class[/table]
    HD: d8
    Class Skills: Concentration, Craft (any), Hide, Knowledge(any), Listen, Move Silently, Spellcraft, Survival

Most of the table should be self-explanatory (at least along with the monster description.

Aberration Conversion: Increase all previous hit dice to d8s with 3/4 BAB and good will saves (if they were better than this, leave them). Type becomes aberration.

Awareness: This is the benefit of thousands of little sense organs. Add this value to AC, Hide, Survival, Listen, and Move Silently checks.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Dwarf in the Playground

R 783

I was hoping for a PrC of a spellcaster who specializes in the Servant Horde spell. I see the Str increasing as well as the skills improving (they are currently only able to perform skills with a DC up to 10). These two will increase each level.

Not sure about other class features though.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Titan in the Playground

H 783
    I love that spell.

Servant Commander
    Requirements:
    • Knows servant horde
    • 8 ranks in any 2 of the following (both may be from the same category): craft (any), any dex based skill, any str based skill, disable device, forgery, perform or search
    • The enlarge spell metamagic feat

{table=head]Level|BAB|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special|Spellcasting
    1st|0|0|0|2|Servant Power, Talented Servants|+1 level of existing arcane class
    2nd|1|0|0|3|Faithful Servants|+1 level of existing arcane class
    3rd|1|1|1|3||+1 level of existing arcane class
    4th|2|1|1|4|Independent Servants|+1 level of existing arcane class
    5th|2|1|1|4||+1 level of existing arcane class
    6th|3|2|2|5|Diligent Servants|+1 level of existing arcane class
    7th|3|2|2|5||+1 level of existing arcane class
    8th|4|2|2|6|Formal Servants|+1 level of existing arcane class
    9th|4|3|3|6||+1 level of existing arcane class
    10th|5|3|3|7|Ghostly Servants|+1 level of existing arcane class
    [/table]

Servant Power
    Unseen servants you create (via servant horde, unseen servant or another spell) have a strength score equal to twice your Servant Commander level. It requires area damage equal to 1/4th your own maximum hitpoints to dissipate one of your unseen servants or 6 damage, whichever is greater (no save).

Talented Servants
    Unseen servants you create may use your skill ranks to perform tasks, up to a maximum of your Servant Commander level plus 9. A servant's effective ability modifier for the purpose of these skills is equal to his strength modifier. Talented Servants applies only to the following skills: craft (any), any dex based skill, any str based skill, disable device, forgery, perform and search.

Faithful Servants
    Unseen servant, servant horde and other spells you cast that create unseen servants and normally last 1 hour per caster level have a duration of 24 hours instead, if this is greater.

Independent Servants
    Unseen servants you create remain in existence at any range, even if you move to another plane. However they still must be within the spell's range for you to issue new orders.

Diligent Servants
    Unseen servants you create have a land speed of 30 feet. Additionally they may be targetted by spells that grant a form of movement that normally only target other creatures, such as spider climb or fly. Any benefits such a spell has beyond providing a form of movement has no effect on your unseen servant; not even enhancement bonuses to speed.

Formal Servants
    Unseen servants you create may assume a humanoid form similar to your own race. They are still invisible, however they may wear items meant for a humanoid (which remain visible). You or another creature may create a disguise for one of your servants, at a -4 penalty for not having a gender nor age category, as if it were a humanoid of your race. It still lacks intelligence and may not speak nor make complicated decisions, which may foil the ruse. Your unseen servants gain no benefit from wearing magic items, though those that don't need to be worn to be effective and don't rely on command words might still be activated by the servant. This ability does *not* grant the servant other abilities such as the ability to fight in combat.

Ghostly Servants
    Your unseen servants, along with any of their equipment up to their carrying capacity, may become ethereal at will to pass freely through walls. Activating or dismissing this ability is a standard action for the servant. This ability leaves something to be desired for scouting, since mindless servants are limited in their abilities to understand what they see or to communicate. However they might write down literal descriptions of what they see. They do not know the names of unusual creatures or objects.

In all cases it is a move action to direct an unseen servant to perform any task, as with the original spell, including tasks involving a special ability granted by this class.

Other comments: I tried to keep the abilities strictly limited to utility to limit the power so that there would be no lost spellcasting. Wizards also lose bonus feats, whereas sorcerers are forced into a permanent spell known and difficulty with skills. Both lose levels that could be put into other PrCs as well. In the end I decided it still required the payment of 1 more feat which I made enlarge spell, since it is mildly useful for servants.
    Last edited by ericgrau; 2012-06-25 at 06:24 PM.
    So you never have to interrupt a game to look up a rule again:
    My 3.5e Rules Cheat Sheets: Normal, With Consolidated Skill System
    TOGC's 3.5e Spell/etc Cards: rpgnow / drivethru rpg
    Utilities: Magic Item Shop Generator (Req. MS Excel), Balanced Low Magic Item System
    Printable Cardstock Dungeon Tiles and other terrain stuff (100 MB)

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

R 783

A Monster class for Lanturn or Spiked Sea serpents (Dragon #345).
    Barring that a Snake dragon?
    I love Ceika <3

Extended Sig

30. - Top - End - #240

R 784

A spell, probably high level but preferably not epic, which inflicts small amounts of ability burn, and maybe other effects, like temporary blindness or raw damage. Also preferably with a material component of autunite gems, which are probably expensive, since I sort of want to it to be radiation themed, as well as derived from a combination of elemental stuff from the Negative Energy Plane and Plane of Radiance, maybe, though that's just my personal opinion and can be ignored.

Thanks in advance, to whomever considers my request.