New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 48 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1418

Thread: Bleach D20

1. - Top - End - #1051
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach D20

After all this time and waiting, I've finally got something presentable for you guys. If you have any questions or problems, don't be afraid to address them. Anyway, here we go.

Reiatsu

In the Bleach d20 system, each character has a Reiatsu score. The purpose for this score is for determining how powerful a character is, and as such, is used for varying things, which will be displayed later. This score is usually equal to character level, but sometimes certain characters start off with more Reiatsu than normal. How this is done is up to you, but the section after this has a couple of ways for handling starting Reiatsu.
    Also, I forgot to add, this will be a supplement to Behold_the_Void’s rules.
    If you do use this, get rid of any damage reduction, as it I thought it wasn’t reducing enough damage. It could still work in addition to this system, but I’d just increase someone’s Reiatsu for determining how much damage you take. Let’s roll!!

Determining Starting Reiatsu

These are some ideas I came up with so you aren't left out in the cold for ideas and are, what I think, are pretty good for getting close to what we see in the show.
    Note: These rules are Optional and do not have to be used. I only included them to get the variable strength some of the characters from the Show and Manga have. If you find that rolling for Reiatsu can or is unbalancing things, you don't have to include those Options.

This is Option #1 and the first idea I came up with.
    {table=head]D% Roll|Starting/Bonus Reiatsu
    1-50|0
    51-65|+1
    66-78|+2
    79-88|+3
    89-95|+4
    96-99|+5
    100|Reroll and Add 6*
    [/table]
    * When rerolling, if you roll 100 again, add 6 and roll again.
    Yes, theoretically one can get ridiculous amounts of Reiatsu so you may want to put a cap on it, like only one reroll and 100 on the second only adds six.

Option #2 is a more simple, but I don't think is as good as Option #1, because it grows too fast and the fact that it's capped at a flat number just doesn't do it for me, but oh well.
    {table=head]D% Roll|Starting Reiatsu
    1-69|0
    70-85|2
    86-93|4
    94-97|6
    98-99|8
    100|10
    [/table]
    (Guess why I bolded the 69.)

You Have Other Options
    A completely different way of handling things is by giving out a flat number (or none at all, but most of the stronger characters in Bleach had something going for them so that's why starting reiatsu is here) so everyone is equal. What this number is, is determined by you. (A good stricture to do this by would be like, "Graduate Level = X, Lieutenant level = Y, Captain level = Z", but I haven't figured out good numbers for this yet. Also, Graduate/Lieutenant/Captain Level is to simulate where the level of bonus Reiatsu falls under compared to characters of that status, I guess.)

Reiatsu Progressions for Everyone!

In these tables, if you end up with a fracción (ha ha, but really fraction) for Reiatsu, round down, always.

This is the general power level for characters in Bleach.
    This table is for the various Hollows, excluding Arrancar, because they are different and I'm still trying to pin numbers down for them.
    {table=head]Reiatsu Progression for...|is equal to the Hollow's Reiatsu Score...
    Normal Hollows|x1 (Normal)
    Gillian|x1.5 (1.25-2.0)
    Adjuchas|x3 (2-4)
    Vasto Lordes|x6 (5-7)
    [/table]
    The parenthesized numbers are the varying numbers of hollows of that group. I like it because it helps explain the transition between the different Hollow categories.

This table is for Soul Reapers/Shinigami, excluding Vaizards for the same reason as the Arrancar. (Yes, I do watch the dub, and I don't mind it either.)
    {table=head]Reiatsu Progression for...|is equal to the Soul Reaper's Reiatsu...
    Normal Soul Reapers|x1(Normal)
    Leiutenants|X1(Normal)
    Captains|x1.5
    [/table]

This is the Soul Reaper Shikai Progression. Shikais will have a Reiatsu score equal to their wielders' and then modified as below.
    {table=head]Shikai Progression for...|is equal to...
    Normal Soul Reapers|The Wielder's Reiatsu score for abilities and damage
    Leiutenants|The Wielder's Reiatsu score for abilities and x1.5 for damage
    Captains|The Wielder's Reiatsu score x2(x3*) for abilities and x2(x3*) for damage
    [/table]
    *The x3 is a change I've been thinking about.

Bankai In Degrees
    This section is the Bankai Progression. I feel that Bankai's can very in power and thus have made three different degrees of power for it. You use it a lot, or train with it a lot and it goes up in the degrees. (Ideas are still needed for this.)
    {table=head]Level of Power|Progression of Power
    1st|Reiatsu x3 for abilities, and x 5 for damage
    2nd|Reiatsu x4 for abilities, and x 7.5 for damage
    3rd|Reiatsu x5 for abilities, and x 10 for damage
    [/table]

General Rules

These are some rules for reiatsu in Bleach, mainly combat, but not only so. Hope it's easy to understand and not complicated.

When attacking, being attacked, being affected, or effecting something adversely (Kido and the like), compare the attacker's reiatsu to the defender's and determine the difference using the following table.

{table=head]Attacker to the Defender|Terminology used
    The attacker is higher by 6+|Mighty
    The attacker is higher by 1-5|Strong
    The attacker is the same as the defender|Equal
    The attacker is lower by 1-5|Weak
    The attacker is lower by 6+|Trash
    [/table]

Combat

If you do damage, use this.
    {table=head]Attacker is...|How it's resolved
    Mighty, Strong, or Equal|Deal damage as normal to the Defender
    Weak|Half damage to the Defender
    Trash|No damage to the Defender*
    [/table]
    * (I've been thinking who ever has the rank of Kenpachi, makes any Attacker deal damage back to themselves.

When someone is Trash level and surprised (Flat-footed and/or denied their dexterity bonus to AC) by an attacker, the attack is an automatic critical (or called shot, if there are rules for them).

Shunpo
    When using Shunpo or any kind of Flash Step maneuver, anyone who is Trash compared to you cannot see it, otherwise it can be seen. If the Trash level character(s) would be attacked, they are surprised.

Zanpakuto and the Reiatsu Rules

In the Reiatsu system, Zanpakuto progress in damage and abilities the same way as in ‘Void’s system. The Reiatsu, in short, is kind of like your level for determining Zanpakuto damage and abilities. I’ve got the three Shinigami variants and each of their separate damage progressions. I increased the Expert and the Warrior by one step so that there was a difference between them.
    {table=head]Number of Damage Increases|Warrior|Expert|Spellcaster
    Starting|1d8|1d6|1d4
    1|1d10|1d8|1d6
    2|2d6|1d10|1d8
    3|2d8|2d6|1d10
    4|2d10|2d8|2d6
    5|3d10|2d10|2d8
    [/table]
    Five increases are what everyone would get after 20 levels, normally. The following table is for continuing after that, whether it is for endless Vaizard progression, and/or because your Shikai/Bankai/Reiatsu in general broke that barrier.
    {table=head]Additional Damage Increases|Warrior|Expert|Spellcaster
    6|4d10|3d10|2d10
    7|5d10|4d10|3d10
    +1|+1d10|+1d10|+1d10
    [/table]
    How did I come up with these numbers? I pm’ed ‘Void and asked him.

They get a damage increase at 4 Reiatsu and every 4 points of Reiatsu after that. They get 1 Shikai ability for every 2 points of Reiatsu they have and at 12 Reiatsu (usually level twelve, but that might be different if you are using the Starting Reiatsu rules), when they would obtain Bankai, they gain one Bankai ability and another Bankai ability for every 2 reiatsu after 12.

Well, these are the Reiatsu rules I’ve been working on. If you think I missed something, want to make a suggestion or two, or have questions, please let me know.
    I have variant rules I need to get done now, so until then, peace!

Edit: I can’t believe I didn’t post the rules for Zanpakuto damage and ability progression. Well, I’ve fixed that.

Edit2: I put a clarification in Starting Reiatsu that it is completely optional.
    Last edited by Dante & Vergil; 2010-01-28 at 03:23 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1052

Well, they're up now so please check it out.

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Bugbear in the Playground

Hm. Well it certainly does capture the Bleach better than some of the other systems I've seen. "I'm so damn powerful ya can't even cut me." Yeah. I like that.

Is this going to be a class based system? How will you account for the seemingly limitless possibilites of Zanpakuto? Will you say that people like Sado and Orihime are just special types of hollows and shinigami respectively? Or will they be something completely different?

And why is there such a large difference between Hollow and Shinigami reiatsu progression? The vasto lorde's is three times that of the captains, and even adjuchas is higher than the captains.
    Last edited by Primal Fury; 2009-10-23 at 09:11 PM.
    My Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #1054

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fury View Post
    Hm. Well it certainly does capture the Bleach better than some of the other systems I've seen. "I'm so damn powerful ya can't even cut me." Yeah. I like that.
    That's just what I like to hear. Thanks!

Is this going to be a class based system? How will you account for the seemingly limitless possibilites of Zanpakuto? Will you say that people like Sado and Orihime are just special types of hollows and shinigami respectively? Or will they be something completely different?
    This is going to supplement Behold_the_Void's system. For the various kinds of zanpakuto and zanpakuto-like, I was thinking of a point based varient like drax_redd's system to accomodate for that.

And why is there such a large difference between Hollow and Shinigami reiatsu progression? The vasto lorde's is three times that of the captains, and even adjuchas is higher than the captains.
    The Captains have to go Bankai to level the playing field, this is ofcourse excluding hax zanpakuto abilities.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Like Shunsui's Shiakai against Stark in the recent chapters, but then again, Stark may or may not have been a Vasto Lorde. It is a possibility.

Also, I've added the damage and ability progressions for the classes. I forgot to add them initially, so please forgive me. If it seems a little off from what I put up earlier, that's because I'm working on the afformentioned point-based varient.
    Last edited by Dante & Vergil; 2009-10-26 at 09:28 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Ettin in the Playground

Thumbs up Re: Bleach D20

By the way, congratulations on getting over 100,000 views. This is apparently an awesome thread. Kudos to all who have made this project shine.

6. - Top - End - #1056

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta Kai View Post
    By the way, congratulations on getting over 100,000 views. This is apparently an awesome thread. Kudos to all who have made this project shine.
    Yeeeeah!! Flava Flaaaave!!
    Just kidding.

I think 'Void would say thanks.
    Also, apparently? Really, Zeta?

7. - Top - End - #1057

How is the one used against Stark "hax"? And what about those vasto lordes who become arrancars? Or would that boost still not give them enough to be "just too damn strong" for the shinigami?
    My Homebrew

8. - Top - End - #1058

O come on, he He said "black" and hit Stark's hollow hole and killed him. How is that not hax?
    Last edited by Krazddndfreek; 2009-10-27 at 06:25 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1059

How is the one used against Stark "hax"? And what about those vasto lordes who become arrancars? Or would that boost still not give them enough to be "just too damn strong" for the shinigami?
    This.---v

Quote Originally Posted by Krazddndfreek View Post
    O come on, he He said "black" and hit Stark's hollow hole and killed him. How is that not hax?
    Also, I'm under the impression that Shunsui's Zanpakuto ignores how much Reiatsu someone has (when naming, then striking a color) for determining how they take damage. One person names a color, both people try striking each other, but nothing will happen unless it's the called color. An all or nothing sort of deal, if you will.

10. - Top - End - #1060
    Pixie in the Playground

MonkGuy

Regardless, Kyouraku should be powerful enough to harm Starke with his shikai form. Maybe without.
    The fact that naming a color increases the damage the blade deals depending on how much of that color the user wears just makes it more powerful when you do hit. Which would make the one-hit kill a definite possibility, seeing as Kyouraku wore black over almost his entire body...

But the observation that it ignores relative reiatsu might be accurate.

11. - Top - End - #1061

Oh man, were they that bad? I've tried my best, honest!!
    With that out of the way, I've been thinking about changing the attacker levels from this,

The attacker is higher by 6+|Mighty
    The attacker is higher by 1-5|Strong
    The attacker is lower by 1-5|Weak
    The attacker is lower by 6+|Trash
    [/table]

To this.

The attacker is higher by 10+|Mighty
    The attacker is higher by 1-9|Strong
    The attacker is lower by 1-9|Weak
    The attacker is lower by 10+|Trash
    [/table]

That way you have to be much higher to crush someone with a swipe of a blade. I haven't put it up with the rules yet because I wanted to see what you guys thought of the change first.

Also, the point-based zanpakuto progression is very similar to to Drax's from his YATA Bleach system, but since I wanted to build it up using 'Void's system I made some modifiers to it.

Release Powers

Use the appropriate Shikai/Bankai progression for determining what abilities you get.

{table=head]Cost|Effect
    2 pts|One Shikai ability.
    2 pts|Temporarily gain one fixed feat which bypasses non-feat related prerequisites.1
    10 pts| One Bankai ability.2
    4*X pts3|Produce an effect of X level of any kind (like spells, binding, maneuvers, etc) with an effective level equal to character level. This does not expend uses as normal for these abilities.
    Special|Talk to your DM for abilities that can't be replicated any other way.[/table]
    1This may not be used to gain certain feats, particularily ones that are marked with a *. (Also taken from Drax's system.)
    2This is for Bankai only, though some DM's may rule differently.
    3The cost of this will probably be changed for most abilities.

You can 'save' reiatsu to build up to an ability that might cost more.
    Also, I think that restricting to types is fine, but weapon types need to be considered part the generic abilities for ability access, as there are a lot of people with them.
    Tell me what you think.
    Last edited by Dante & Vergil; 2009-12-10 at 09:23 PM.

12. - Top - End - #1062

I'm starting to think no one looks at this anymore. Please prove me wrong people!
    Also, I updated the above post.

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Ogre in the Playground

I look at it, I just don't know enough about mechanics to really comment.

14. - Top - End - #1064

I think the we have a Perfect Shinigami/Hollow Hybrid (w/ the Shinigami as a base) with what the most recent chapter shows us. (Chapter 385)
    That's just fantastic, another thing to add to the system. (I am both a little sarcastic and actually excited about this, only because I think it's awsome!!)

15. - Top - End - #1065
    Ogre in the Playground

Apparently I need to catch up; looks like there's some pretty crazy stuff going on. Of course, I'm also way, way behind.

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

So are there any updates for the Quincy or awakened classes yet? Has anyone been working on them?

17. - Top - End - #1067
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dante & Vergil View Post
    I think the we have a Perfect Shinigami/Hollow Hybrid (w/ the Shinigami as a base) with what the most recent chapter shows us. (Chapter 385)
    That's just fantastic, another thing to add to the system. (I am both a little sarcastic and actually excited about this, only because I think it's awsome!!)
    Indeed, it's quite interesting, I would love to see how this plays out mechanically.

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Orc in the Playground

Hey does anyone ever do a post by post game of this?

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vulkan View Post
    Hey does anyone ever do a post by post game of this?
    I'm in two of them, both are on RPOL, I wish someone would get one started on MW however but i'd rather wait till there is a new and improved version out which is obviously in the works considering D&V is working on one and I think there is at least one other out there that is being worked on.

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Orc in the Playground

I'm sorry I'm terrible with abbreviations plus I'm new here.. What is MW?

21. - Top - End - #1071
    Banned

Myth Weavers? Myth-weavers.com?

22. - Top - End - #1072

Quote Originally Posted by Dante & Vergil View Post
    Well yea but

Spoiler
    Show
    the way they did that suggested he actually lost the ability to use his shikai and bankai. I got the whole "I'm JUST THAT MUCH BETTER" thing, but I couldn't help but get the feeling that he couldn't use it AT ALL anymore. This makes me think there's not a perfect hybrid... at least not yet.
    My Homebrew

23. - Top - End - #1073

Well yea but

Spoiler
    Show
    the way they did that suggested he actually lost the ability to use his shikai and bankai. I got the whole "I'm JUST THAT MUCH BETTER" thing, but I couldn't help but get the feeling that he couldn't use it AT ALL anymore. This makes me think there's not a perfect hybrid... at least not yet.
    That's good, I didn't think about that, but
    Spoiler
    Show
    this is one of Aizen's wingmen, so that might not be so.

24. - Top - End - #1074

Spoiler
    Show
    He's probably still capable of using shikai/bankai, but Resurreccion is better. It's been said to be comparable in power amplification to bankai.

Thinking like this also lends to the train of thought that, the time when Ichigo further regressed into a hollow after being gutted, was actually his Resurreccion.

25. - Top - End - #1075

Spoiler
    Show
    He's probably still capable of using shikai/bankai, but Resurreccion is better. It's been said to be comparable in power amplification to bankai.

Thinking like this also lends to the train of thought that, the time when Ichigo further regressed into a hollow after being gutted, was actually his Resurreccion.
    Wow.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That Mega-Hollow Ichigo became being a Resurrecion. That's awsome!!

It's discussions like this that make Bleach so much fun to talk about!! (For me at least.)

26. - Top - End - #1076

Same for me

Though I really can't be credited fully for that idea. You can thank the folks over at Bleachitp for that one.
    Last edited by Krazddndfreek; 2009-12-14 at 02:08 AM.

27. - Top - End - #1077

Hey while I still have you here, can you give me some brief ideas of what you think the system is like?
    Also, if you us the Reiatsu system, ditch any and all damage reduction, as I think that it becomes somewhat redundant.
    Appearently, I have already put this into the rules.
    Last edited by Dante & Vergil; 2009-12-14 at 02:33 AM.

28. - Top - End - #1078

I don't know, mainly the reason I haven't commented here is because it didn't look too finished and overall I wasn't really sure what to say.

My main criticism would be that you don't seem to have any rules for increasing reiatsuScratch that, found it.

Any way, it mostly just seems a mite cumbersome for a not too great change in the rules.

And on a less serious note, Zaraki said that the damage return thing occurred whenever there was a giant gap in power. Not only for the Kenpachi. I think you might have already realized this, but just saying, it seems kind of weird that you'd only give it to one character.
    Last edited by Krazddndfreek; 2009-12-14 at 02:43 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1079

Any way, it mostly just seems a mite cumbersome for a not too great change in the rules.
    Maybe, but I'm just trying to replicate what I see in the show. I don't know.

And on a less serious note, Zaraki said that the damage return thing occurred whenever there was a giant gap in power. Not only for the Kenpachi. I think you might have already realized this, but just saying, it seems kind of weird that you'd only give it to one character.
    Would making five below Trash rating work, or should move everthing up one, then make it Trash rating?

Oh, and what does everyone think about using action dice to increase Reiatsu? (As a variant, and should it be what one rolls or a flat number that increases with level, because using a d6 seems a little low.)
    Last edited by Dante & Vergil; 2009-12-14 at 02:52 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1080

A 6 level gap seems pretty gigantic. You should keep that as "trash". Although implementing the self-damage thing seems pretty overkill. Although, since the lower guy is going to die anyway, it wouldn't hurt to just say, "You can't fight him. At all." and put in the overkill self-damage.

Although really, its completely unnecessary and a longer read, since most people won't be dealing with it, and in the case that they will be dealing with such a giant level gap will probably be because of PLOT.

Action dice should definitely be able to increase reiatsu. Although 1d6 bonus reiatsu would be pretty high and it should be watched. Actually, doesn't the available amount of dice you can stick on at a time increase as you level up or something?