New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: GitP Regulars as Elder Evils!

Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #362
    Troll in the Playground

holy ****snacks! this thread started moving fast again!

Is it just me, or doe only people with elder evils get more elder evils...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

3. - Top - End - #363
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    holy ****snacks! this thread started moving fast again!

Is it just me, or doe only people with elder evils get more elder evils...
    Well, leliel bribed people to get elder evils. And I've got a rule going where I'm only writing elder evils for people who have written an elder evil. So since only a few people are writing them, only a few people are getting them

4. - Top - End - #364
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla View Post
    Well, leliel bribed people to get elder evils. And I've got a rule going where I'm only writing elder evils for people who have written an elder evil. So since only a few people are writing them, only a few people are getting them
    I think the number of people who have written an EE is bigger then the number of people who have gotten an EE.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

5. - Top - End - #365
    Ettin in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

I think the number of people who have written an EE is bigger then the number of people who have gotten an EE.
    It probably is. I'm only one guy and I have to go through the thread to find which people have written EE's and not gotten one in return though. That's a lot of searching to do and I'm not a Paladin

6. - Top - End - #366
    Ogre in the Playground

It probably is. I'm only one guy and I have to go through the thread to find which people have written EE's and not gotten one in return though. That's a lot of searching to do and I'm not a Paladin
    Meanwhile I make one post that actually has content the thread is asking for and then make silly comments about various things.
    Spoiler: Quotes!
    Show
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Twelve.five
    Hipsterdin- Smiting Heathens before it was cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elricaltovilla
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

Pink is Neutral Evil, because reasons.

Exalted Monk Avatar by ThePrez1776

7. - Top - End - #367
    Titan in the Playground

I wrote one for Jormengand and i didnt get turned into a cosmic horror Figured id make you job easier, as you not a workaholic Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

8. - Top - End - #368
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    I wrote one for Jormengand and i didnt get turned into a cosmic horror Figured id make you job easier, as you not a workaholic Paladin
    same here...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

9. - Top - End - #369
    Titan in the Playground

same here...
    *pulls out a campaign stool, sits down, and pulls out a bottle of ale* Want one?
    Show

10. - Top - End - #370
    Troll in the Playground

*pulls out a campaign stool, sits down, and pulls out a bottle of ale* Want one?
    nah, brought my own.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

11. - Top - End - #371
    Titan in the Playground

Well then. While i may have a decent Int score i still only get 4 skills per level so no crafting for me
    Last edited by Blackhawk748; 2015-05-23 at 12:22 PM.
    Show

12. - Top - End - #372
    Troll in the Playground

That's why Int is not a dump stat
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

13. - Top - End - #373
    Titan in the Playground

That's why Int is not a dump stat
    Exactly, i like tripping way to much to dump Int, oh and i like having skills, even if my list is meh
    Last edited by Blackhawk748; 2015-05-23 at 12:26 PM.
    Show

14. - Top - End - #374
    Titan in the Playground

I think I've made more Elder Evils than there are people making them.

Great now I have to count the Elder Evils I've made... 7 (# made before becoming an elder evil), 10 (total #). Edit: 12 now.

So no, not more than there are people making them. Also we need to gather/update the OP I think so that it's easier to figure these things out.

I guess I've got a quest to do.

Edit

So might have missed a good number of permissions, especially since the perma-permission things confuse things. Hopefully got all the Elder Evils, though.

Permissions/Request:
    Snowbluff
    Threadnaught
    Loyalpaladin
    Extra Anchovies
    Zaydos
    KrimsonNekros
    Eggynack
    Tvtyrant
    Red Fel
    Keledrath
    PsyBomb
    Lord_Gareth
    Xuldarinar
    Bad Wolf
    IZ42
    Leliel
    Marlowe
    afroakuma
    Illven
    Yukitsu
    Aegis013
    Ettina
    NeoPhoenix0
    WhamBamSam
    WeaselGuy
    tadkins
    atemu1234
    Segev
    Milo v3
    Elricaltovilla
    AmberVael
    kellbyb
    Ashtagon
    Nibbens
    dascarletm
    Socratav
    illyahr
    Jormengand
    Dusk Eclipse
    Lex-Kat
    ScrambledBrains
    Kazyan
    Blackhawk748
    Emperor Tippy (Perma-Permission'd per Tippy)
    Atemu1234
    Masterkerfuffle
    Thealtruisticorc
    137ben
    RedMage125

Elder Evils!
    Vee Anchoes
    Red Fel
    Fel
    Eggynack
    Martyr in Writhing Tatters
    Q'l a'Drath
    Loya, the Paladin
    The Paladin Most Loyal
    Xaos Phoenix
    Kellbyb, The Deadly Silence
    Chaos Reborn
    The Hungering Void
    Vael the Night Queen
    Eternal Snow
    Sekeva, The Drowned Emperor
    The Forty-Two Vessels of Iz
    The Fenris Brood
    Yukina
    Jormengand
    Illius, the Broken Chord
    Tadkins
    Psybomb, the Mindblighter
    The Bladed Lord
    Darinarxul
    The Living Plane
    Zaydos, the Ameliorater
    Marlowe an Unwanted Shade of Gray
    Wambom, the Cleanser of Dragons
    Jormengand, the Curse Spewer
    Leliel, the Second Moon
    Rherlierl, the Jaw of God
    The Fable-Wyrm, Eater of Legends
    Cotvasro
    Kurotaka

# of Elder Evils: 34.
    # of people with multiple Elder Evils: 6
    # of people who have made Elder Evils: 14 (unless I counted Blackhawk twice)

Also figured out how many by each person, but it'd be rude to post it. Will say 2 people have made ones who have either not given permissions or been missed, and Red Fel really is evil. I mean being the first one to intentionally duplicate someone.

I'll try and see if I can think of something to make for someone whose made an EE and not had one made yet. I need a break.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2015-05-24 at 12:37 AM.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

15. - Top - End - #375
    Titan in the Playground

Cotvasro, the Cheery God

Cotvasro is a minor god of happiness and festivity, a deity to whose followers every day is a celebration and feast day. Worshiped primarily by Bacchanalian priests and Intoxicanters, and hated by Abstainers, Cotvasro encourages his worshipers to enjoy life whatever it throws at them, indulging in the best of the things it provides. (Kno Religion DC 15) Cotvasro presents themselves as a kindly, cheerful god, who wishes simply to see war and strife put aside and for the world to be filled with joy and the sounds of celebration. Those who look closely at his dogmas and doctrines, however, note that they seem designed to lead instead to hedonism and debauchery, and over-indulgence. (Kno Religion DC 22) The mad dwarven intoxicanter Axtul Thorazdred however penned of Cotvasro when in the throes of wine pressed from the veritas grape, writing grave secrets in his prophetic binge. Here Axtul wrote of many beings of dread portents: Atropus, the undead remnant of the creator of the gods; Ragnorra, a horror from the Far Realm which flies like a comet through the plane of life; Red Fel, the first corrupter and undead fiend to whom the world is a phylactery; the Paladin Most Loyal, who seeks to force good destructively upon all; Vael, the first warlock who made a pact with the Abyss itself; the Bladed Lord, clone brother of Garagos who sees war as all; Darinarxul, the tree of night which lives between the Primes; Leliel, the tenshi whose seed has been sown upon the world; the Dread Mythmaker known also as the Story-Wyrm; and last Cotvasro, whom he calls the Bubbling Corrupter. Axtul tells that Cotvasro is not in truth a god, but a far older being. This entity was deep in slumber when the first gods arose and by their will shaped Law and Chaos into the Great Wheel, it did not wake till the Prime Material grew across its form. By the time Cotvasro awoke, the once formless entity was trapped within the earth and within a form of its own. Cotvasro now existed as a sapient fluid, shifting and bubbling, and corporeal. Cotvasro sought to escape its imprisonment, reaching out with what powers it had at its disposal it influenced the least forms of life, guiding them, instructing them, changing them. With its malign will Cotvasro gave rise to fermentation. Then it waited, waited for sapient minds to develop. It touched their minds through drinks laced with the result of its earlier works, drawing them together in celebratory indulgence, extending its will into them while their minds were clouded. With each mind bent towards drink Cotvasro grows closer to being freed. Axtul does not say what will happen should Cotvasro obtain freedom, but he warns of it in the same line as he warns of those other names already listed, whose touch would each destroy the world. (Kno Religion DC 40)

Goals

Cotvasro's goal is the complete and total intoxication of all sapient life. Ultimately it desires this to escape from the limitations of form, returning to its formless slumber. To do so, though, it must lead all sapient life into a drunken stupor and connect them together in its will, slowly but certainly subverting their very being and leaving them hollow and empty to fuel its ascent back into formlessness.

Sign

A World Drunk

Faint: Creatures which have drunk 36 mL of ethanol (120 mL of 40% alcohol by volume drinks or ~3 shots depending upon country and liquor) gain a +2 profane bonus to Bluff, Diplomacy, Gather Information, Intimidate, and other Charisma based checks made to interact with other creatures, as Cotvasro guides them through their intoxication with its knowledge of social graces obtained through observing civilization since its birth.

Moderate: All creatures are constantly buzzed and happily tipsy, gaining a +4 bonus to saves versus fear.

Strong: The happy buzz finally turns dark, becoming a broody, angry drunkenness. Whenever a creature takes damage it must make a Will save (DC 20) or enter a frenzy (as a frenzied berserker).

Overwhelming: The mental intoxication begins to wear at the minds of all those native to the Prime. Any sapient (Int 3+) creature born on the afflicted world suffers 1 point of Wisdom drain every 24 hours, even if normally immune.

Malefic Property:

Dissolution of Form

Cotvasro's attempts to escape its form has led it to permeate the area around it with form dissolving acid.

Effect: Creatures within the area of this malefic property take 3d6 acid damage each round which ignores all acid resistance, but not immunity. In addition all other acid damage dealt within this area ignores acid resistance and immunity other than Cotvasro's, and any creature which lacks immunity to acid gains vulnerability to it.

Traits/Tactics/Etc

Cotvasro takes the form of a massive, living pool of acidic ethanol, though its worshiper view it as a god who takes the form of a fair and beautiful, young, man of (typically) their race. It dwells somewhere deep within the Underdark, only accessible through magic or a single passage known only to its clergy. Cotvasro's overall strategy involves having his followers perform a series of rituals at various locations across the plane to 'issue in a golden age' in truth acting to free its spirit somewhat from its body allowing it to affect the minds of sapient creatures directly without the need for alcohol (it's sign). Eventually its followers will get disillusioned (probably at Moderate sign) but by then the rituals are no longer needed. This leaves two methods to stop Cotvasro's growing influence. The first is to find a set of counter rituals to reseal it into its body more fully (Axtul Thorazdred details one such ritual in his Krasinomicon). The other is to 'kill' its body directly. While Cotvasro is impossible to truly kill, sufficient injury inflicted to its physical form will force it into quiescence for several millennia, but it will eventually reform and try again.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Titan in the Playground

Kurotaka, the First Blackguard

The name Kurotaka is associated with a series of bloody wars throughout history, where might was pit against might in horrifically bloody conflicts. Sometimes they are presented as a champion of justice, sometimes as the blood thirsty warlord. Always, though, this title is claimed by the side with power, and always proving that might makes right. (Kno History DC 18) Those who claim this mantle for themselves are distinct. Even those who serve as champions of justice become conquerors who stride callously across their defeated foes in the secret annals of accurate history. They become merciless and disrespectful of all things save might of combat and powers of war. The longer they hold the title the more and worse these traits become. And no one who has claimed the title has stopped until they have died a bloody death. (Kno History DC 22) More disturbing, though, are the reports that come along with the claiming of the title Kurotaka. Each time the title is claimed coincides with a spread of warfare across the world and sometimes a rash of planar portals across the world. Each time a Kurotaka has risen these wars have been bloodier and more vicious than the last, and each time the Abyssal gateways more numerous. (Kno History DC 26) If the title is followed far enough back these disasters vanish, and more and more often the one who claims the title Kurotaka were noble and virtuous individuals before taking the name upon themselves. Even the noblest of these heroes who have taken this name have ended vile, despicable and vicious, even if it was taken up for the most righteous of causes. This theme stretches back to the dawning of human recorded histories. (Kno History DC 30) There are other histories than human ones. The title, Kurotaka, shows up in various planar histories as well, vague references and hints only. These whispers point to a connection with the yugoloths, but also one with the Tome Archons which guide the celestial mountain. (Kno History DC 33) The secret histories of the yugoloths tell the truth. Kurotaka was once the name of a devout paladin in the service of the original Raziel. His people were threatened by the early orcs, their armies running across his world. He prayed and prayed to Raziel for aid, but the tome archon was busy with planar wars and what powers he could give to the paladin had already been bestowed. That was when the creature appeared to Kurotaka, one of the first obyriths, and yet one of the most advanced. It was the first archfiend, Pazuzu. Pazuzu gifted Kurotaka with a dark power which allowed the paladin to rout an orcish army, saving his people, but the orcs were certain to return. That was when Kurotaka went to Pazuzu, asking the lord of evil flyers for that power again, for the power to preserve his people. Pazuzu agreed on the condition that Kurotaka serve him. Kurotaka agreed, thus becoming the first blackguard. (Kno History DC 37) When Kurotaka died his soul was taken by Pazuzu. Kurotaka predated the birth of the tanar'ri, and the process by which Abyssal petitioners became demons, but as the first paladin to fall to the service of the Abyss his soul burned with a power unlike any that the hell-plane had known before. The petitioner became something else, etched into reality by his act. He became the talon of Pazuzu, a spirit of strife and war. Given time he became more and more, fighting along the forces of the Queen of Chaos in the early war between Law and Chaos which shaped so much of the multiverse. He became bathed in abyssal energies, predating the tanar'ri he became something different, something more. Not an obyrith and not a tanar'ri he became a creature on the level of archfiends even so, equal but different. (Kno History DC 41)

Goals

The Kurotaka serves war and chaos, its very presence creating strife on a world wide scale. Whoever they once were they would seem to have no goal greater than battle and conquest. (Kno History DC 30) In truth Kurotaka's goal is fairly close to the 'common' belief. The twisted paladin is now a spirit of war and bloodshed, loyal only to the concept that Might makes Right and bound only by ancient pacts with Pazuzu. He would see the Prime torn apart by warfare, ripped asunder by the combat of its inhabitants one world at a time. (Kno History DC 41)

Sign

War is Hell

Blood runs hot when the mantle of Kurotaka is claimed, fire pounding in the hearts of men calling them to war!

Faint: Each creature gains the ability to Rage (as a barbarian) 1/day, a creature which normally has the ability to rage may instead 1/day enter an improved version of rage where the bonuses to their Strength and Constitution are increased by 1. Creatures become increasingly irritable.

Moderate: Whenever a creature comes in contact with a creature they are unfriendly towards they must make a Will save (DC 10) or become hostile to that creature attacking them on sight; this is a mind-affecting compulsion effect.

Strong: Creatures deal +1 (weapon) damage per 2 CR. Whenever a creature kills a creature they must make a Will save (DC 15) or be driven by a lust for blood to kill another easily available creature; they will go after enemies within sight by preference but if there are none they will attack allied creatures; this is a mind-affecting compulsion effect. The save DC for the moderate sign increases to 15.

Overwhelming: Each creature must make a Will save (DC 20) each day or be put into a rage (as a barbarian) for 24 hours; this is a mind-affecting compulsion effect. A creature in this rage does not get a save against the moderate sign's effect and suffers a -5 to their save against the Strong sign. In addition the moderate and strong signs' save DCs increase to 20.

Malefic Property

Strength is Power

Intelligence allows you to weave your mind around the ways of the world, Wisdom to sense them and align yourself with them, and Charisma to force them to align with you. In Kurotaka's world none of these are needed. Only power. Only strength.

Effect: Within the area of this malefic property all save DCs are based off of Strength, all bonus spells (and power points) are based off of a creature's Strength, all maximum spell levels (and equivalent) available and maximum number of soulmelds shaped are based off of Strength.

Tactics/Traits/Etc

Kurotaka is a possessing spirit having no form of his own after these untold eons. Instead he takes the body of a willing vessel granting them great power and corrupting them from within. This vessel will begin a quest of conquest, forcing one nation after another to its knees, even as portals to the first layer of the Abyss open across the world. The sign will progress simply through the process of the wars that Kurotaka leads. If defeated in combat Kurotaka will make an offer to the one who defeated his vessel, offering them the power to rule and conquer the world and a dozen others in exchange for becoming the next Kurotaka. If they accept they gain the Kurotaka template (includes Elder Evil traits, increases to Strength specifically +8 and then base strength becomes equal to highest modified ability score, and malefic property among other qualities) and become the new Kurotaka. If they do not the elder evil will withdraw for a period of generations respecting the right of their might, the effects of his sign fading instantly, the gates to the Abyss disappearing more slowly.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2015-05-24 at 12:55 AM.

Current Projects:

17. - Top - End - #377
    Troll in the Playground

Zaydos, you are a gentleman and a scholar! This is an awesome Elder Evil

I hav enow immortalised you in both my signature as well as my extended signature
    Last edited by Socratov; 2015-05-24 at 11:34 AM.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Better grab a drink...

18. - Top - End - #378
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Kurotaka, the First Blackguard
    This is so many kinds of awesome, and its made even better because ive been playing Shogun 2 so im continuously envisioning a samurai leading an army of demons.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #379
    Titan in the Playground

Zaydos, you are a gentleman and a scholar! This is an awesome Elder Evil

I hav enow immortalised you in both my signature as well as my extended signature

Making it actually led to me realizing there needs to be a feat for Evil Clerics to pretend to be Good Clerics.

This is so many kinds of awesome, and its made even better because ive been playing Shogun 2 so im continuously envisioning a samurai leading an army of demons.
    This makes the Japanese name (Kuroi Taka, or Black Hawk, pushed together without the i as they do with -i adjectives if forming a specific work) work even better.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2015-05-24 at 11:48 AM.

Current Projects:

20. - Top - End - #380
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    This makes the Japanese name (Kuroi Taka, or Black Hawk, pushed together without the i as they do with -i adjectives if forming a specific work) work even better.
    HAHAHAHA i knew it!! I knew it sounded Japanese. All hail Zaydos, creator of terrible cosmic horrors incomprehensible to the human mind!

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Zaydos R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn *starts bowing*

Oh hey IZ? Can you give me a hand with something?
    Spoiler
    Show

Last edited by Blackhawk748; 2015-05-24 at 12:04 PM.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ogre in the Playground

HAHAHAHA i knew it!! I knew it sounded Japanese. All hail Zaydos, creator of terrible cosmic horrors incomprehensible to the human mind!

ph'nglui mglw'nafh Zaydos R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn *starts bowing*

Oh hey IZ? Can you give me a hand with something?
    Spoiler
    Show

*grumble grumble* You have summoned me?
    Show
    I always thought understanding Scottish required a fort save vs. Alcohol poisoning.
    See, this wouldn't happen if you were a Zweihander Sentinel Warder with Silver Crane. You'd have a 60 ft. fly speed with good maneuverability, DR and glowing pants as early as level 8.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    *grumble grumble* You have summoned me?
    I need you to lay down on this slab for me, ill buy you a beer afterwards.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #383
    Ogre in the Playground

Am I just heavy lifting now? *grumble grumble*. Also, I'm underage. And from the few beers I've tried because my parents offered a sip to me, I haven't liked any of them.

Some days I just can't read.
    Last edited by IZ42; 2015-05-24 at 10:57 PM.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #384
    Titan in the Playground

Looks like it's your lucky day, IZ42! You're gonna get another stab wound, and you didn't even have to wish for anything this time!

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #385
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ScrambledBrains View Post
    I know absolutely nothing about Elder Evils, I play primarily Neutral Good sneaky types and I'm not entirely certain what most of the forum would consider my most note-worthy characteristics. That said, ScrambledBrains gives permission.

*Leaps off of a cliff and then fades into nothingness before hitting the ground.*

(Yes, this is my new way to exit random threads. )
    Ibnasr, the Dying Thought

The ordering of the Great Wheel was no easy task, even for the gods combining their powers. The Athars of Sigil have long suspected that it was not in fact the Powers as we now know them who crafted the Wheel, or at least not the Powers alone, but a group of entities they call the protogenoi. They postulate that beyond the Powers there exist, or existed, an order of beings which had the power to craft this multiverse, which were they willing could recreate it as they see fit. It is their belief that these protogenoi have long since left the planes and only the smallest traces of them remain. The Athars point to Io, the Ninefold Dragon who divided his power into Bahamut and Tiamat birthing the draconic races, and to the twin Cosmic Serpent as a possible protogenoi, and on occasion whisper that the Lady of Pain herself might be one of these protogenoi. Ao, the overdeity of Realmspace, and the High God of Krynnspace, are also counted amongst these protogenoi whose power far outstrips those of the Powers and who can create and unmake them. (Kno the Planes DC 30)

Some Athars go further, theorizing that the remnants of the protogenoi are more common than even that. They state that the Spire is itself the remnant of a protogenoi, which made itself into the firmament of creation, and that the Seventh Heaven is perhaps the realm of a protogenoi and it is for that reason that not even Powers are allowed to come and go from there. The more outlandish theories even postulate that the great planar pathways, Mount Olympus, Yggdrassil, and the rivers Oceanus and Styx are the physical remains of protogenoi which made themselves into the very essence of the planes. (Kno the Planes DC 35)

In Boccob's library a tome can be found that expounds upon these beliefs further. Written by the slaad scholar Sukbtirieirk who claimed to have gained his knowledge by the consumption of Styx ice from the bottom layer of Acheron. Sukbtirieirk claims to have seen memories of one of the protogenoi in the Styx ice, viewing through its eyes. He speaks of a protogenoi, which he calls Ibnasr a slaad word meaning destroyer and parent, which when the others stepped away from their active roles in the multiverse sought to step in and rule the multiverse absolutely itself. This protogenoi began to create its throne in Pluton, a great throne which stands to this day, enslaving the Evil Powers to its will. It was powerful by the standards of the gods, but weak compared to many of the other protogenoi. Feared by Good and Evil alike, the powers banded together to pull down the protogenoi tyrant. The battle was long and bloody, entire pantheons of new born gods being eradicated by the protogenoi, but in the end the protogenoi was pulled down by the powers and slain by them. Its screams of pain and terror as its children tore it apart still alive became the winds of Pandemonium, its blood flowing across the Lower Planes became the great river Styx which runs its course to this day, its body was pulled and stretched out the rotting god-flesh becoming Oinos, its heart cut away and hidden deep within the Belierin. The protogenoi died, its corpse materializing in the Astral Plane as it died. (Kno the Planes 40)

The strangest tale in the tome, however, is that when the protogenoi's corpse formed in the Astral Plane something yet remained, its last dying thoughts bleeding from its astral tomb. This thought, the last thought of one of the creators of the multiverse, lived on as an eddy of astral energies. The slaad's tale ends here, but he theorizes that it was a thought of vengeance, and pain unable to remember any longer what it was. It was empty, but it would be hungry to learn. And he warned. He warned that it was of the same entity of the Styx, it was born from the mind of one of the architects of evil, of greed. It would learn, but it would learn by taking knowledge and leaving its emptiness in its place. (Kno the Planes 45)

Goals:

Ibnasr is empty and hungry to be filled. It approaches a Prime, forming a massive color pool which leads to that world and then sending through projections and avatars of itself. These projections seek out knowledge and consumes it, their touch absorbing memory and written information. When it has absorbed all knowledge worth gathering from a world it leaves it, civilization set back by generations.

Sign:

Corruption of Thought

Ibnasr was one of the primal sources of Evil and as it presses its mind into the plane hungrily it taints the plane with its evil.

Faint: Evil creatures gain a +2 morale bonus to Wisdom and Charisma based skill checks and Wisdom and Charisma checks, as well as to Will saves.

Moderate: The plane gains the Minor Evil Alignment trait.

Strong: The plane gains the Major Evil Alignment trait.

Overwhelming: Creatures with 3 or higher Intelligence suffer a -4 penalty to Intelligence (this may reduce it to 0; if it reduces their Intelligence to 2 or less they still suffer this effect) and a -5 penalty to Will saves.

Malefic Property:

Hunger for Knowledge

Ibnasr draws knowledge from the surroundings, siphoning it into itself.

Effect: Any creature within the area of effect of this malefic property loses memories each round, losing 1 prepared spell of their highest level, 1 readied maneuvers of their highest level and they cannot ready it again for 10 minutes, 1 feat for 10 minutes, or all ranks in their skill with the highest ranks. They lose these in the order listed (so will lose spells before maneuvers before feats before skill ranks), and at the beginning of its turn as a free action Ibnasr gains 1 of the abilities lost by a creature in the last round.

Traits/Tactics/Etc:

Ibnasr is an incorporeal entity, and does not enter the Prime itself, instead remaining on the other side of the Color Pool sending in lesser aspects of itself to gather information. These entities begin as relatively low powered creatures moving into centers of learning and rending them of information and knowledge. They rely primarily on their innate ability to ignore divination (arcane and divine), and incorporealness to move undetected as they feast upon the accumulated knowledge of libraries. Their hunger will inevitably lead them to seek out wizards' grimoires, ransacking them for information. Ibnasr avoids the Outer Planes and other divinely morphic planes because upon such a plane one of the Powers could kill it. If Ibnasr's Astral self is 'killed' it will reform about a month later and resume its devouring of knowledge, only leaving if a plane is emptied of worthwhile knowledge, or if heroes gather one of a few objects which Ibnasr must fear even when wielded by a mortal. One of these is the Spear of Celestia, a fabled treasure left on the 7th Heaven in the custody of the Tome Archons by one of the protogenoi as a weapon against just the sort of creature Ibnasr has become. Another is a Spireheart, created by the rilmani of the Spire, which can be used to seal the color pool Ibnasr creates and Ibnasr's ability to create one to that Prime, but only within the heart of Ibnasr itself.

Current Projects:

26. - Top - End - #386
    Titan in the Playground

Zaydos... ZAYDOS! Will you be able to keep up this pace with dragons?
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

27. - Top - End - #387
    Titan in the Playground

Zaydos... ZAYDOS! Will you be able to keep up this pace with dragons?

If I wanted to. Dragons are, relatively, easy when the inspiration hits. Simply crank up the Manowar, choose a fitting size progression, compare to a few official dragons, make a few abilities, fluff... well ok, the CR is hard... sometimes you have to make blood sacrifices to the dark gods...

IZ, I need you.

I'll give you a cookie after.

In all seriousness, I've made enough that a lot of things will feel like retreading old ground, so I probably will only do a few that feel fun/unique. Maybe make an epic dragon, those are always a pain. If I do make ones expect them to be oddball dragons like a biped, one that is naturally incorporeal, and stuff like that. If I knew more about Akashic Mysteries I might make an equivalent of Incarnum Dragon if it didn't already exist.

Current Projects:

28. - Top - End - #388
    Titan in the Playground

Lightbulb Re: GitP Regulars as Elder Evils!

If it's not something you're feeling interested in, I probably won't start it yet. I think the PrCs would elicit further participation from others...
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd be down for making dragons I think.

Also, why do all of you only want me for my body soul? I have a bunch of discount ones lying around, you can use those instead. It's not like their owners needed them, anyways.
    Show

30. - Top - End - #390
    Titan in the Playground

If it's not something you're feeling interested in, I probably won't start it yet. I think the PrCs would elicit further participation from others...
    I'd say monsters over true dragons because it's less restrictive and dragons could come later as something more specialized. PrCs could be fun. But I'd still make one or two, maybe more... just not 13.

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    I'd be down for making dragons I think.

Also, why do all of you only want me for my body soul? I have a bunch of discount ones lying around, you can use those instead. It's not like their owners needed them, anyways.
    Fear not, little one, I want nothing of your soul. I just want your blood

Current Projects: