New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default So, there's a new Star Wars trailer...

Because if there's one thing we don't talk about enough around here, it's the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy.

Any thoughts on the new trailer?

Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: So, there's a new Star Wars trailer...

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari View Post
    Because if there's one thing we don't talk about enough around here, it's the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy.

That trailer was 50% recycled footage. I'm actually most shocked they're referencing the prequels. Also...

Force Awakens: "What's something new and dumb we can do with a red light saber?"
    Last Jedi: "Maybe we don't do anything new with light sabers..."
    Rise of the Skywalker: "What's something new and dumb we can do with a red light saber?"

They've come full circle. "Again it's like poetry."

Did C3P0 have evil red eyes? Does the Emperor possess him? Best twist ever! Again, given the MCU trailers and I believe there was stuff in the Rogue One trailer not in the film, hard to gauge anything really.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Colossus in the Playground

Maybe it's Triple Zero - a newcanon villain from the Doctor Aphra comics? He did masquerade as C-3PO once- having his black shell coated gold - making him superficially identical except for the red eyes.
    Marut-2 Avatar by Serpentine
    New Marut Avatar by Linkele

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

The First Order is unstoppable:
    • While running on the Empire's scraps, the First Order built a weapon that dwarfed the Death Star.
    • After that weapon was destroyed, the First Order nevertheless reclaimed the Empire's territory.
    • The First Order now possesses world-killing ships and other "miniaturized Death Star technology".
    • The Supreme Leader is dead, long live the Supreme Leader.
    • The entire Resistance now fits within a ship. One. Single. Ship. And it is not even a big one.

It will take the most ridiculous deus ex machina to give the sequel trilogy a happy ending.

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by Millstone85 View Post
    • While running on the Empire's scraps, the First Order built a weapon that dwarfed the Death Star.
    • After that weapon was destroyed, the First Order nevertheless reclaimed the Empire's territory.
    • The First Order now possesses world-killing ships and other "miniaturized Death Star technology".
    • The entire Resistance now fits within a ship. One. Single. Ship. And it is not even a big one.

It will take the most ridiculous deus ex machina to give the sequel trilogy a happy ending.
    Yeah. Mostly the last point which I put in bold. I think others have pointed this out. Red Letter Media came out with a prediction video a little while back. I might link to it in a future post. Long story short can't right now.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Is the Resistance forbidden to recruit or? The trailer clearly shows them with at least a squadron and given that the First Order decided to bring about a hundred Star Destroyers in inexplicable (but cool-looking) horizontal formation, it seems the Resistance gained a significant fleet during the time-skip.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Troll in the Playground

Is the Resistance forbidden to recruit or? The trailer clearly shows them with at least a squadron and given that the First Order decided to bring about a hundred Star Destroyers in inexplicable (but cool-looking) horizontal formation, it seems the Resistance gained a significant fleet during the time-skip.
    I can't take credit for noticing this myself at first, but it has been pointed out that the Star Destroyers in the shot at 1:21 appear to be the old-school Imperial-class design with the extended conning tower, not the squatter, flatter First Order Resurgent-class ships. Therefore assuming this is a real fleet - and not some kind of dark side vision like other parts of this trailers - we may be looking at the Imperial Navy and not the First Order.

Honestly that's the only interesting thing that shows up in this not-actually-a-trailer trailer. The other shots don't show anything really interesting, and I think everyone accepts that Dark Rey is almost certainly not an actual thing but some sort of vision/temptation. The idea of the Imperial Fleet showing up holds promise in that the Imperial Fleet could potentially fight the First Order fleet. That's a battle that could happen. It would take a lot of doing to come up with a reason why it should happen, but that's at least an actual fight. Certainly the Resistance can't fight, if the shot at 1:20 is representative of their resources that's two fighter squadrons, one Corellian Corvette (a ship with, on a good day, 1/10th the firepower of an Impstar-I) and some sort of other small frigate type vessel.
    Now publishing a webnovel travelogue.

Resvier: a P6 homebrew setting

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

First minute or so looks promising.

But seriously, (classic?) Stardestroyer fleet, evil 3PO, Hinge-Saber...
    Some interesting looking stuff at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Hat View Post
    That trailer was 50% recycled footage. I'm actually most shocked they're referencing the prequels. Also...

Force Awakens: "What's something new and dumb we can do with a red light saber?"
    Last Jedi: "Maybe we don't do anything new with light sabers..."
    Rise of the Skywalker: "What's something new and dumb we can do with a red light saber?"
    I dunno, I like the Hinge-Saber.
    Way cooler than Kylo's... thing.
    If only by association with Darth Maul.

And would fit Rey better than a regular lightsaber.
    Though I still think a pike/lance variant would be great for her.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

9. - Top - End - #9

Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
    Kind of reminds me of a nutcracker.

What are odds that weapon isn't even in the film? You can call me crazy, but I'll be too busy watching the scene from Infinity War were the Hulk fights in Wakanda - oh wait.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ogre in the Playground

The Resistance.tm is running on scraps but remember they always were. The Resistance.tm was a special secretly funded and tiny organization that Leia built to undermine the First order with small things. They are specifically separate from any of the larger organized groups, and were kept separate to keep those groups hands clean.

What most likely is happening is that they are linking up with the scattered forces of the Republic military into a larger organized force.

Remember " The Resistance.tm " and the people oposing the First Order are not the same thing.
    Last edited by Devonix; 2019-08-26 at 06:20 PM.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Kekkersboy

My gaming and ideas channel.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Bold move spending your time reminding me of a bunch of movies I thought were much better than the last two. Followed by a bunch of movies I thought were much worse than the last two. Almost like they’re playing into how inconsistent Star Wars has been.

Anyway, the problem of the weak Resistance is really not a problem. TFA has the Resistance as only just a fraction of former Republic fighters. Even though the Republic itself was destroyed, all the Republic loyal governments would now basically have to declare war on the First Order or roll over to them. TLJ even mentions there are other fleets just choosing not to aid the Resistance until Luke does his big show and brings hope back to the galaxy or whatever.

Though, honestly, are we going to start pretending the politics and math in this series makes any sort of sense now? They haven’t for 42 years. It seems like an odd point of criticism. It’d be one thing if this stuff ever mattered to the plot before. But they really haven’t.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    Anyway, the problem of the weak Resistance is really not a problem. TFA has the Resistance as only just a fraction of former Republic fighters. Even though the Republic itself was destroyed, all the Republic loyal governments would now basically have to declare war on the First Order or roll over to them. TLJ even mentions there are other fleets just choosing not to aid the Resistance until Luke does his big show and brings hope back to the galaxy or whatever.

Though, honestly, are we going to start pretending the politics and math in this series makes any sort of sense now? They haven’t for 42 years. It seems like an odd point of criticism. It’d be one thing if this stuff ever mattered to the plot before. But they really haven’t.
    The weak Resistance isn't just a math issue it's a character and leadership issue. Someone has to destroy the First Order in Episode 9, otherwise any claims of 'victory' are going to appear awfully spurious. The surviving 'good guys' from Episodes 7 & 8 don't have any resources to contribute to that fleet, or really any real reason to even be on it (Leia would have, but...yeah). No matter what you do one of the significant objectives that has to be met for good to triumph in the coming movie has to be accomplished by someone other than our heroes. That's a problem in an epic melodrama.

The weakness of the Resistance and the need to destroy the standing forces of the First Order in order to achieve a good ending means that either you need to introduce an 11th hour good guy cavalry appearance from left field - which is pretty lousy storytelling - or you have to cheat and have the good guys win because the bad guys fought each other (such as by having Palpatine and Kylo smash each other's stuff), which is less than satisfying in an epic melodrama. In Return of the Jedi Vader beat the Emperor, but the Rebel Fleet beat the Imperial Fleet and destroyed the Death Star. If Vader had used the Death Star's superlaser to blow up the Imperial Fleet and then set it to self destruct that would have rendered the Rebellion irrelevant, which would have been awful.

Notice that the clips we've seen so far, in which Finn and Poe are basically running around on various planets, are tacit admissions of the Resistance's helplessness.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

If you're going to have the badguys fight, Kylo Ren vs Palpatine is less likely than Kylo Ren vs General Hux which is what they seem to be setting up far more.

Kylo Ren is supposed to be in charge of the First order but the military actually answers to General Hux, and Last Jedi pretty much cemented in the eye of everyone that matters that Kylo is a Joke. He's scary and you should be wary about him, but he can't actually lead them. And not only do they know it. HE knows it. And that only feeds his insecurity and self destructive nature more.

As for the Republic fleet. Well That's probably where Lando comes in as he's still a general in the Republic.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Kekkersboy

My gaming and ideas channel.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mechalich View Post
    The weak Resistance isn't just a math issue it's a character and leadership issue. Someone has to destroy the First Order in Episode 9, otherwise any claims of 'victory' are going to appear awfully spurious. The surviving 'good guys' from Episodes 7 & 8 don't have any resources to contribute to that fleet, or really any real reason to even be on it (Leia would have, but...yeah). No matter what you do one of the significant objectives that has to be met for good to triumph in the coming movie has to be accomplished by someone other than our heroes. That's a problem in an epic melodrama.

The weakness of the Resistance and the need to destroy the standing forces of the First Order in order to achieve a good ending means that either you need to introduce an 11th hour good guy cavalry appearance from left field - which is pretty lousy storytelling - or you have to cheat and have the good guys win because the bad guys fought each other (such as by having Palpatine and Kylo smash each other's stuff), which is less than satisfying in an epic melodrama. In Return of the Jedi Vader beat the Emperor, but the Rebel Fleet beat the Imperial Fleet and destroyed the Death Star. If Vader had used the Death Star's superlaser to blow up the Imperial Fleet and then set it to self destruct that would have rendered the Rebellion irrelevant, which would have been awful.

Notice that the clips we've seen so far, in which Finn and Poe are basically running around on various planets, are tacit admissions of the Resistance's helplessness.
    Do they? In RotJ the Rebels won by destroying one half finished battlestation and killing the Emperor. That was nowhere near the entire Imperial force. Where are all those regional governors that took direct control of the Galaxy in ANH?

They don’t appear or contribute to the story because they don’t matter to the narrative. If 9 starts years later with a surviving group of rebels flocking around the seeming last Jedi and disciple of the nearly deified Luke Skywalker and the implacable Leia (who is weirdly still there) then that’s the reason we’ll go with. Fleet done in set up for the story. Or the first half of the movie could be our heroes gathering allies and balancing powers. Bit of a stretch but could be interesting if we make the acquiring of these forces strictly feats accomplished by the heroes.

There’s also the opportunity to not have a the victory based entirely on standard military means. Finn could lead a trooper rebellion, which would be something new and interesting. And give the fact he’s a stormtrooper a purpose so he isn’t the single most wasted potential of any character in this new trilogy.

My god Finn’s story pisses me off. I hear so much about Rey and Luke, but Finn is so much worse.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dienekes View Post
    Do they? In RotJ the Rebels won by destroying one half finished battlestation and killing the Emperor. That was nowhere near the entire Imperial force. Where are all those regional governors that took direct control of the Galaxy in ANH?
    True, it wasn't the entire Imperial force, and actually a central plotpoint of the ST as a whole is that the Rebel victory at Endor was insufficient to actually change anything. Which means you have to actually destroy the fleet this time, or at least something that can be seen to represent its overall command structure. It's true that they could blow up another superweapon, again, but that would also be really, really bad writing.

They don’t appear or contribute to the story because they don’t matter to the narrative. If 9 starts years later with a surviving group of rebels flocking around the seeming last Jedi and disciple of the nearly deified Luke Skywalker and the implacable Leia (who is weirdly still there) then that’s the reason we’ll go with. Fleet done in set up for the story. Or the first half of the movie could be our heroes gathering allies and balancing powers. Bit of a stretch but could be interesting if we make the acquiring of these forces strictly feats accomplished by the heroes.
    All of the main characters appear effectively unchanged from their episode 8 visuals. There is not going to be a significant timeskip. And yes, the heroes could spend a good portion of this movie acquiring allies, except that this is the last one. That's the problem, ultimately. The endpoint of TLJ forces the heroes to functionally start over. There are ways to write around that, but all of them have serious weaknesses.

There’s also the opportunity to not have a the victory based entirely on standard military means. Finn could lead a trooper rebellion, which would be something new and interesting. And give the fact he’s a stormtrooper a purpose so he isn’t the single most wasted potential of any character in this new trilogy.
    That is a thing that could happen, sure, but there have been no hooks to suggest anything about that so far, so everything regarding it would have to be done in this one movie. Again, that's the problem. There's no viable way to connect from the end sequence of TLJ to the things that need to happen to bring about a resolution. You have to handwave in a bunch of stuff from somewhere else. Lando's appearance is a good example. Lando hasn't been so much as mentioned in the ST prior to this point. Is he a New Republic general? Sure, he might be, but there's no existing hook. There's no hooks to anything, Palpatine is apparently going to be the central big bad, but he too has barely even been referenced in the ST so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Devonix
    If you're going to have the badguys fight, Kylo Ren vs Palpatine is less likely than Kylo Ren vs General Hux which is what they seem to be setting up far more.

Kylo Ren is supposed to be in charge of the First order but the military actually answers to General Hux, and Last Jedi pretty much cemented in the eye of everyone that matters that Kylo is a Joke. He's scary and you should be wary about him, but he can't actually lead them. And not only do they know it. HE knows it. And that only feeds his insecurity and self destructive nature more.
    What would a Kylo vs. Hux fight look like though? I mean, sure, it's something that I could see happening, they obviously don't get along, but Hux can't actually fight Kylo physically and at the same time there's no way to have a political battle using the machinery of the First Order because that machinery does not exist in the ST. We have no idea how the First Order works, no subordinate characters with names, and no sign of factions that might be manipulated to cause a showdown. I mean, you could do a plot where the Knights of Ren back Hux against Kylo, but the Knights of Ren have not yet appeared save in a flashback and there's no information about them.

It also doesn't help that while Kylo certainly doesn't have what it takes, and frankly doesn't even appear to want to lead the First Order, Hux is equally a joke. TLJ made him look like an whiny brat, not an admiral. An incompetence-off between the villains doesn't make for a good story either. Sure, you could build either Kylo or Hux back up - and it actually looks like they're going to do something with Kylo since he's welding his helmet back together - but that means even more setup within your final movie.

The core problem facing Episode 9, which is in no way the fault of this film itself, is that the endpoint of TLJ forces this movie to perform a massive amount of buildup during what should be the big payoff. This is supposed to be the climax of the trilogy, where you hit big beats. ROTJ did this: Han Rescue, Yoda transfer of heritage, massive prolonged Endor mission. it was really heavy on the resolution. ROTS, though a decidedly inferior film, is largely the same way. Episode 9 isn't ready to do that and it's going to have to spend a huge portion of its runtime putting the pieces in place, which inevitably means compromises must be made. The deck is stacked against this movie and nothing we've seen so far, certainly nothing in this trailer, suggests they have a good way out.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

How do you nerds not recognize Katana fleet?* The ships are an older design, and the lights are all off, and they are in a secluded looking location in a strange formation.

Final fleet made for the republic/empire designed with slave circuits to minimize crew size. Fleet disappeared when the fleet crew got sick/crazy and they hyper jumped together to unknown space.
    The story hook is tempting if they go with it, an instant fleet ready to swing the balance against the bad guys if only they get to it first.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

That is an impressively lazy trailer. 1.25 minutes of a clip-show covering the previous 8 movies, then scattered bits of imagery from the actual movie it's a teaser for.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HMS Invincible View Post
    How do you nerds not recognize Katana fleet?*
    Because the Katana fleet is composed of Dreadnaughts (since it originated in the Republic) and the ships pictured are clearly Imperial-class Star Destroyers (since, y'know, Palpatine and all).

Sure, they could be ripping-off-but-doing-it-worse the Katana fleet storyline like the other sequels did with so much of the EU material, but that's highly unlikely.
    Last edited by PairO'Dice Lost; 2019-08-27 at 12:09 PM.
    Better to DM in Baator than play in Celestia
    You can just call me Dice; that's how I roll.

Spoiler: Sig of Holding
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by abadguy View Post
    Darn you PoDL for making me care about a bunch of NPC Commoners!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chambers View Post
    I'm pretty sure turning Waterdeep into a sheet of glass wasn't the best win condition for that fight. We lived though!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxiDuRaritry View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'DiceLost View Post
    <Snip>
    Where are my Like, Love, and Want to Have Your Manchildren (Totally Homo) buttons for this post?
    Won a cookie for this, won everything for this

19. - Top - End - #19

Quote Originally Posted by HMS Invincible View Post
    How do you nerds not recognize Katana fleet?* The ships are an older design, and the lights are all off, and they are in a secluded looking location in a strange formation.

Final fleet made for the republic/empire designed with slave circuits to minimize crew size. Fleet disappeared when the fleet crew got sick/crazy and they hyper jumped together to unknown space.
    The story hook is tempting if they go with it, an instant fleet ready to swing the balance against the bad guys if only they get to it first.
    Oh my god you're so right. I didn't even consider this angle but now I'd bet 100% this is what will happen. The whole movie is going to be them finding these ships then using them to beat the First Order.

I am not down with that plot at all.
    I don't know about angels, but it's fear that gives men wings - Max Payne

20. - Top - End - #20

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    That is an impressively lazy trailer. 1.25 minutes of a clip-show covering the previous 8 movies, then scattered bits of imagery from the actual movie it's a teaser for.
    Too be fair I'm not entirely sure any of that is from the actual movie. I'm conflicted: I don't think Rey will use a red light saber, but that red light saber is definitely dumb enough that I can see them putting it in the film to make toys.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Katana-esque fleet was exactly what I thought until other people started talking about it like a separate faction. The formation seems more like storage than combat (well, Star Wars combat, at least). My money is on it being an abandoned shipyard and the Rebellion gets it. What can I say, I like longshots.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2019-08-27 at 12:17 PM.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Planetar

Call me cynical, but I don't think the ending of the trilogy will be the destruction of the first order. Rather, the trilogy will set the stage for a renewed war, which will mean fodder for more movies , more merchandising, a never-ending cash flow universe. The First Order will always be on top, the Resistance will continue to carry out acts of daring defiance, but they will neither lose nor win. After all, that would end the story and the marketing machine built on top of it.

Respectfully,

Brian P.
    "Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid."

-Valery Legasov in Chernobyl

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

That may not actually be the worst path, TROS is going to be crammed with things that need resolution already.

Seems like infiltrating and usurping the FO is more Palpatine's style than destroying it. Stormtrooper rebellion could be a thing, but the only setup for it so far is the elevator scene from TLJ that got cut with Tom Hardy.

Giant fleet of old ships seem likely to be a shipyard or scrapyard.

Miniaturised Starkiller Tech?

Kylo v Hux could actually be interesting.

Problem with the Rebels growing a new fleet is that after the old one was so comprehensively destroyed, is there much at stake with the destruction of the new one?

24. - Top - End - #24

PirateGuy

Was that a switchblade lightsaber, or full-on saberchucks?
    Now with half the calories!

25. - Top - End - #25

Planetar

Wow.

Looks like a boring and hollow movie.

I'll be at home, playing Jedi Knight in the night of the premiere.
    Signatures are so 90's.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mechalich View Post
    I can't take credit for noticing this myself at first, but it has been pointed out that the Star Destroyers in the shot at 1:21 appear to be the old-school Imperial-class design with the extended conning tower, not the squatter, flatter First Order Resurgent-class ships. Therefore assuming this is a real fleet - and not some kind of dark side vision like other parts of this trailers - we may be looking at the Imperial Navy and not the First Order.
    I've seen some pics of the fleet with the lighting enhanced to maximum - which show some differences from regular ISDs. Huge cannons on the undersides, and red trim on the edges of the topside.
    Marut-2 Avatar by Serpentine
    New Marut Avatar by Linkele

27. - Top - End - #27

RedWizardGuy

1 - What makes you think that it wasn't something the Emperor was already working on before he was killed?
    2 - The First Order had already claimed the Empire's old territory when Starkiller Base was destroyed, since the Last Jedi happens the next day.
    3 - Are you talking about the siege laser, or something expected in the new movie? If it's the siege laser, then it really doesn't seem all that impressive.
    4 - I have no idea how this relates to the First Order being unstoppable.
    5 - Not true. Not all of the resistance was there - notably absent are the people from the TV series Resistance.

The Empire (Strikes Back) is unstoppable -
    1 - After losing the Death Star that took them decades to build, they were able to quickly rebuild and drive the Rebellion to the edge of destruction
    2 - They are able to shrug off the loss of capital ships, so they must have so many that some being destroyed by asteroids don't concern the leaders
    3 - There will be a new battlestation in the next movie that dwarfs the Death Star
    4 - Darth Vader is really Anakin Skywalker
    5 - The entire Rebellion is banished to outside the galaxy
    There will have to be a major deus ex machina in Return of the Jedi to give this thing a happy ending.
    Last edited by Darth Credence; 2019-08-27 at 03:52 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Credence View Post
    Not all of the resistance was there - notably absent are the people from the TV series Resistance.
    That show made their pilot based on Superman 64. I think their lack is a net positive for the rest of the Resistance.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Credence View Post
    What makes you think that it wasn't something the Emperor was already working on before he was killed?
    Alright, that's a fair point.

The First Order had already claimed the Empire's old territory when Starkiller Base was destroyed, since the Last Jedi happens the next day.
    Well then, the First Order is all the stronger for it.

Are you talking about the siege laser, or something expected in the new movie? If it's the siege laser, then it really doesn't seem all that impressive.
    The siege laser and the ship that Poe insisted they attack at the beginning of the movie.

I have no idea how this relates to the First Order being unstoppable.
    While the idea of checkmating the Empire has been mocked, notably in this excellent Robot Chicken short, I can imagine the death of Palpatine bringing infighting among imperial leaders and increased support for the Rebellion.

But in The Last Jedi, Snoke dies like a schmuck and the First Order goes on without him.

Now, okay, perhaps it will be revealed that Kylo quickly lost control once people started to realize what happened.

Not true. Not all of the resistance was there - notably absent are the people from the TV series Resistance.
    That was a thing? TLJ sure didn't do much to acknowledge it, then.

The entire Rebellion is banished to outside the galaxy
    At the end of TESB, the Rebellion wasn't "banished" out of the galaxy. The fleet just retreated there, and that scene reminded us that there was indeed a whole fleet.

That's how you end your mid-trilogy movie on a hopeful note, not with a little slave child who can levitate a broom. Eh, the way things are going, we might be looking at the next Vader.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
    Way cooler than Kylo's... thing.
    If only by association with Darth Maul.

And would fit Rey better than a regular lightsaber.
    Though I still think a pike/lance variant would be great for her.
    The hinge-saber is dumb. There isn't a reason to do that as the saber staff isn't all that big and so it's just a gimmick.

A Lightsaber Pike would have been best for her.

Other than that...the Imperial Remnant is here? Yay? Please have Grand Admiral Pelleaon destroy the idiots called the First Order. Please?
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel