New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,489 of 1489
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tactics IV - The Enemy of Your Enemy is Still Your Enemy.

My vote for the Cheesegear army goes to Chaos Daemons, because of how curiously different their playstyle is (and I'd gladly read how somebody playing them fares), and because I find they have some pretty interesting options and would be glad to see what sort of army Cheesegear would forge out of them.

As for the next thread title...
    "Warhammer 40k Tactics V - The Dice Have Been Cast"
    "Warhammer 40k Tactics V - Stays Crunchy, Even In Blood"
    "Warhammer 40k Tactics V - Who Let The Orcs Out?"
    "Warhammer 40k Tactics V - Now With Almost Enough Dakka"
    "Warhammer 40k Tactics V - And They Killed Happily Ever After"
    "Warhammer 40k Tactics V - In The Grim Darkness Of The 21st Century"
    "Warhammer 40k Tactics V - 'Ere We Go!"
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Warhammer 40K Tactics IV - The Enemy of Your Enemy is Still Your Enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Nope, no Big Meks. Although if I ever get Lootas and Burnas, I'm kinda tempted to make the Mek into a Big Mek and build him a shield generator...
    You'll need to beef him up considerably. He does have a Nob statline, after all.

If I recall correctly, 1/42 or so...
    Yeah, that seems pretty good for a King Tiger. Might want to widen it up though, especially the cannon.
    I am the golden shadow. I am the Ninja Chocobo
    My other avatars.
    The rest of my signature.
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Thatguyoverther View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I don't think I've got the models to dump the vet squads and the sentinels.
    Well, unless you've done hardcore conversion work (or use Storm Trooper models) the physical differences between Veterans and regular Infantry Squads is none. So, there's two more Infantry Squads right there you can use if they look like 'normals'.

But I'll find out. I'm working on getting some more heavy weapons teams, I've got the models to make more, but no more large bases.
    If you've got a compass, and can draw and cut out 30mm radii (60mm Diameter if you're not good at maths) circles from even half-thick cardboard, you have as many bases as you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    I find [Chaos Daemons] have some pretty interesting options and would be glad to see what sort of army Cheesegear would forge out of them.
    I'm not really that special to believe I can come up with some new unit combo that no-one else has thought of before. Well...Not for Chaos Daemons anyway.
    Last edited by Cheesegear; 2010-02-10 at 09:05 AM.
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    As for the next thread title...

"Warhammer 40k Tactics V - 'Ere We Go!"
    I second 'Ere We Go! for the new thread title. Let's make it Orky!
    Amazing Mountain King avatar courtesy of the remarkable Starwoof!

5. - Top - End - #1475
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesegear View Post
    Inquisition (read; Grey Knights) or would be good. Since no-one plays them.
    I play Grey Knights!

Or at least I will, once I finish building this squad. So pick them, so that I might leech off your growing experience.
    Last edited by Keris; 2010-02-10 at 09:40 AM.

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Bugbear in the Playground

Warhammer 40K Tactics V: Strategy is for the weak.

7. - Top - End - #1477
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Warhammer 40K Tactics V - Killing Enemy Units in Transports With Non-shooting Non-psychic Powers Since 2010
    Last edited by Tren; 2010-02-10 at 12:15 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1478

Warhammer 40K V - 40k, not 50.

I follow this thread.....somtimes.

When I start buying models off ebay, is getting pre-painted models more of a pain? I more intrested in the modeling aspect of the game.

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Ogre in the Playground

If you're interested in the modelling buying anything plastic pre-painted or even pre-assembled is a waste of time as the modelling's been done for you, so defeats the point (and they're more fiddly to strip).

For metal models there's no issue as they can be more easily stripped back. But then they're harder to convert, so there you go.

Personally I buy very little off of EBay- I have a very good FLGS so I consider buying full retail paying my 'not feeling guilty about hanging around the store or gaming and not buying anything some days tax'

Of course, when I didn't have a FLGS it was a different story.

Warhammer 40k - Tactics Vs citcat: take a break and enjoy a pallindrome.
    Princess in the streets.
    Princess in the sheets.
    Don't touch me I'm royalty.

10. - Top - End - #1480

Warhammer 40K Tactics V - Because 9K isn't Grimdark enough.

11. - Top - End - #1481

My first rendition through an army list/tactica for it :

Adolean 9th (1000)
    Spoiler
    Show

HQ
    -----

Company Command Squad w/ Medi-pack, Master of Ordinance, Autocannon - 120 Points

Troops
    ----

Infantry Platoon
    • Platoon Command w/ Chimera & Vox - 90
    • Infantry Squad w/ Vox & Missle Launcher - 70
    • Infantry Squad w/ Vox & Missle Launcher - 70
    • H.Wep Squad w/ Lascannons - 105

Infantry Platoon
    • Platoon Command w/ Chimera & Vox - 90
    • Infantry Squad w/ Vox & Grenade Launcher - 60
    • Infantry Squad w/ Vox & Grenade Launcher - 60
    • H.Wep Squad w/ Missle Launchers - 90

Veteran Squad w/ Grenadiers, Autocannon, Heavy Flamer, Vox - 135

Fast Attack
    ----

Valkyrie w/ Heavy Bolters - 110

Total : 1000 Points.
    ----
    Vague Tactical Overlook :

The Company Command hangs back (in cover, hopefully) with the H.Wep Squads, to pick on anything paticularly large on the other side. The Platoon Chimeras roll up to meet the Outflanking Valkyrie (Or that's moving up with them when OF isn't available.) Vets take the Valkyrie up the board, hop out (Grav Chute deployment if nessecary), using the Heavy Flamer and (assuming at least one Chimera keeps up) Orders to clear an objective. The Grenade Launcher infantry will be the Hold to the Vets' Take, and if the Veterans survive, they hop back into the Valkyrie to either get into somewhere else the H. Flamer will come in handy, or another objective. If the Valk is down, or the extra firepower is needed that turn, the Autocannon can join in, instead of reembarking onto the transport. The Infantry squads with Missle Launchers will hold objectives on the friendly side of the board.

Opinions?

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Ogre in the Playground

I would drop the autocannon and heavy flamer in the vet squad and get 3 meltaguns this gives you a great tank hunting squad mounted in the Valkyrie and they can be within the sweet zone turn 1 to take out any tank.

change the lascannon heavy weapons squad to autocannons, they can still hurt light armor but are more useful against troops and with the above unit the lascannon is less needed

add missle pods to your valkyrie because every vehicle needs two large template defensive weapons even more so when it is a transport designed to back up your tank hunters.

this should still leave you at 1000 pts The strategy should stay similar however now you want to have the valkerie on the board at the beginning using the scout move to get the vets into a good location where they can hunt tanks and heavy enemy units (with the valkerie in close support) while the rest of your troops take out the enemy troops

just my .02
    Last edited by crazedloon; 2010-02-10 at 03:46 PM.
    Check out my horrible homebrews

13. - Top - End - #1483
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

I'd just like to point out that Simple Green is quite effective. Like... really, really effective. Some of the paint sloughed off in my fingers when I picked model parts of the solution. Needless to say, these Chaos Terminators are now prepped and ready for my brother to take a crack at them...

Wait, they might be completely killing off the Grey Knights and Battle Sisters? Boo!

I also vote for "'Ere We Go! 'Ere We Go!" for the next topic title.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

14. - Top - End - #1484
    Ogre in the Playground

Wait, they might be completely killing off the Grey Knights and Battle Sisters? Boo!
    I doubt they will get rid of them, after all they haven't gotten rid of an army since the squats and they have kept DE around (and best keep them around) since 3rd edition. Wost case scenario they will pull the models from the stores and make them direct order.
    Check out my horrible homebrews

15. - Top - End - #1485
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I was going to ask for a bit of advice on which of the three lists I should build my IG towards, but seeing as how this incarnation of the thread is coming to an end soon I think I'll hold off on that.

Instead, I shall suggest the suffix be: "With the blessed dice, pwn some n00bs. WE SHALL PWN!!"

-Archetype

EDIT: Is the forum's clock off? My computer, watch, and cell phone all seem to say it's ten before the hour, yet I apparently posted at twenty before.
    Last edited by Archetype-; 2010-02-10 at 05:38 PM.
    Signature currently undergoing renovations. Please stand by, and watch out for falling rocks and blast waves.

16. - Top - End - #1486
    Orc in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Archetype- View Post
    EDIT: Is the forum's clock off? My computer, watch, and cell phone all seem to say it's ten before the hour, yet I apparently posted at twenty before.
    Did you hit the reply button at 20 before the hour?

Also, another suggestion along the lines of my Malan'tai theme--

Warhammer 40K Tactics V - "It's Done in The F#&*ing Shooting Phase!"

17. - Top - End - #1487
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by crazedloon View Post
    Wost case scenario they will pull [Grey Knights and Sisters] from the stores and make them direct order.
    Which is what they're doing. And, even then, Codecies are no longer available from direct order. A move not even pulled against Dark Eldar

I heard you leik nu thredz?
    Spoiler: My Mum Says I'm Cool
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Anuan View Post
    Cheesegear; Lovable Thesaurus ItP.
    Cheesegear, have I told you yet that you're awesome?
    Quote Originally Posted by MeatShield#236 View Post
    ALL HAIL LORD CHEESEGEAR! Cheese for the cheesegear!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shas'aia Toriia View Post
    Cheesegear is awesome

18. - Top - End - #1488
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tren View Post
    Did you hit the reply button at 20 before the hour?
    Nope, ten before. My computer clock is something I check fairly often.

Quote Originally Posted by Tren View Post
    Also, another suggestion along the lines of my Malan'tai theme--

Warhammer 40K Tactics V - "It's Done in The F#&*ing Shooting Phase!"
    Funny video, silly debate. Franly, I'm more concerned about the Tervigon than the Doom. Who's bright idea was it to make a TMC a scoring unit?
    Signature currently undergoing renovations. Please stand by, and watch out for falling rocks and blast waves.

19. - Top - End - #1489
    Sheriff in the Playground Administrator

Sheriff of Moddingham: This thread has reached the technical limit of 50 pages. Please see the new thread for ongoing discussion.
    Forum Rules

Sheriff Roland by Chris the Pontifex