New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Adventures in Equestria IC.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Heartflight winced. She had no problem participating in the mage's game, but ...

"Does it /have/ to be teleportation?" she asked warily.
    "It doesn't have to be. Teleportation is merely the quickest and easiest method." Aurora points out, as has Godwyn.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Troll in the Playground

"...Ummm....Could you carry Tweedle?"

Foxglove pointed out to Hawkflight. She wasn't sure about teleporting...But the odds that a pegasus or a griffon could carry a baby hydra and the other two... It seems a little silly.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Moemon Leafgreen (Complete)
    Long Live the Queen (Complete)
    Harvest Moon 64 (Complete)

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)
    Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

Quote Originally Posted by Herpestidae View Post
    I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwyn shrugs. "I am fine with teleportation. If you are opposed to the idea, Miss Heartflight, you can take flight and meet us there, or the group can simply go with more traditional methods."

The Paladin then turns to Aurora and deadpans: "Two timber wolves are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says 'does this taste funny to you?'"

He doesn't stop there.

"Why don't skeletons play music in church? They have no organs."

"What does a 50 pound canary sound like?" he asks, before saying "TWEET" in a very deep voice with a derpy expression.

Even if she doesn't laugh, Godwyn hopes he can at least make the sad little mage smile.
    Anemoia: Nostalgia for a time you've never known.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

The mage just tilts her head. "...Were those supposed to be jokes?" she asks. She definitely doesn't crack a smile.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

"Oh wow...someone wasn't born with the humor bone in them...though admittedly, those jokes were a little lame," Gearstride lightly chuckled.

She poked the mage in the leg pit, and then in the side, and then brushed her tail underneath her chin to try to tickle her. It was worth a shot.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Benson View Post
    "Oh wow...someone wasn't born with the humor bone in them...though admittedly, those jokes were a little lame," Gearstride lightly chuckled.

She poked the mage in the leg pit, and then in the side, and then brushed her tail underneath her chin to try to tickle her. It was worth a shot.
    "...This is a bit of an unwanted violation of my personal space." The mage says to Gearstride with not so much as a flinch.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Troll in the Playground

"Hah...dahlin'...your personal space hasn't even really been violated yet!" Gear said with a haughty laugh and with an unintentional dubiousness in her comment.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

The mare recoils a little.

"I don't really appreciate the implications of what you just said." Great. You're supposed to be making the mare laugh and you're making her uncomfortable instead.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

"I don't know what you're talking about. Anywhom, you leave me no choice but to wield my hammy poetry to get a snerk or brief sarcastic chuckle out of you," Gearstride said as she stood on the table with a clatter and cleared her throat. Eath line filled with a hammy presentation and theatricality to it.

"Oh what is love but a four letter word,
    A word that we throw around so aimlessly.
    But when I look at ye, its more than a word to me.

Why with love, I'd travel all over Equestria to find you.
    No matter where you be, I'll never be far.
    Because I will always be in your heart."

Spoiler
    Show

Perform Hammy Poetry (1d20+15)[18]

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

"Hah...dahlin'...your personal space hasn't even really been violated yet!" Gear said with a haughty laugh and with an unintentional dubiousness in her comment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    The mare recoils a little.

"I don't really appreciate the implications of what you just said." Great. You're supposed to be making the mare laugh and you're making her uncomfortable instead.
    Heartflight facehooved, letting out a long-suffering sigh. "Through her you pass into the city of woe, through her among tasteful jokes lost for aye."
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

"I don't know what you're talking about. Anywhom, you leave me no choice but to wield my hammy poetry to get a snerk or brief sarcastic chuckle out of you," Gearstride said as she stood on the table with a clatter and cleared her throat. Eath line filled with a hammy presentation and theatricality to it.

"Oh what is love but a four letter word,
    A word that we throw around so aimlessly.
    But when I look at ye, its more than a word to me.

Why with love, I'd travel all over Equestria to find you.
    No matter where you be, I'll never be far.
    Because I will always be in your heart."

Spoiler
    Show

Perform Hammy Poetry [roll0]
    "...*Snerk* Okay, that counts well enough." She gets a small laugh and smile for a brief moment. "Once you get things straightened out with your paranoid pegasus friend, I can teleport you at any time."

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mystic Muse View Post
    "Once you get things straightened out with your paranoid pegasus friend, I can teleport you at any time."
    "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me!"

Apparently Gear's hamminess was infectious.
    Last edited by Hawkflight; 2012-11-13 at 01:30 PM.
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me!"

Apparently Gear's hamminess was infectious.
    The mare gives a look that implies a facehoof, but Hawk isn't worth the effort of an actual one.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

"...I wonder...what to do now..."

Foxglove muttered, to no one in particular. The path didn't seem all that clear to her.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

I... wow. I feel like I'm in the presence of royalty. The LP Goddess herself has graced this thread with her presence. I just... what...

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwyn smiles apologetically at Aurora. "I am a Paladin, not a comedian."

He then turns to Foxglove and gives her a small, comforting smile. "It would seem we are taking a trip to Trottingham through teleportation. Once there, we'll be looking for more information on the magic circle, and if that proves fruitless or if we feel we still need more information, we'll likely be going off to Ponyville to seek the aid of somepony there regarding it. Heartflight seems to be adamantly opposed to teleportation, though, so she may be flying to meet us there."

16. - Top - End - #76
    Troll in the Playground

"I followed that...But since we're supposed to come back when we convince her...We need to do something while that happens."

Or, possibly, to convince her, Foxglove.

"I guess maybe we should at least get Tweedle while we convince her...He's never been in a bar before...But he's too young to drink..."

Her brow furrowed. Then again, it didn't look like they ID'ed to get in...
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

"Yeah, I need to find Gar too, he hates being left behind." Gar was her pet falcon.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

18. - Top - End - #78
    Titan in the Playground

"...A Hydra? I'll meet you guys on the outside of town. Trust me, it's for the best." Aurora says and gets up from her seat.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwin moves to walk alongside Aurora. "I shall accompany you, if you do not mind," he says with a polite smile. "I would enjoy a chance to speak with you, if you will permit it."

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lycan 01 View Post
    Godwin moves to walk alongside Aurora. "I shall accompany you, if you do not mind," he says with a polite smile. "I would enjoy a chance to speak with you, if you will permit it."
    "If you would like, then very well." The mare says, paying her tab, and beginning to walk out of the bar.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Troll in the Playground

"You lot go on ahead...I got some business with a bartender..." Gear said with a sly smile.

22. - Top - End - #82
    Troll in the Playground

Foxglove, without further ado, went outside to look for Tweedle.
    LPs:
    Spoiler
    Show

Rune Factory 3 (Ongoing)

Azure Dreams (On Hiatus)

23. - Top - End - #83
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwyn grabs his lance and slings it over his shoulder, before he goes to slink alongside Aurora as the takes her leave. "So Miss Aurora, where did you learn of Paladins from? I must say I was surprised you knew what one was, and even more surprised when you showed such respect," he muses with a kind smile. "Most ponies don't seem to know about them, or regard them as mythical."

24. - Top - End - #84
    Titan in the Playground

Godwyn grabs his lance and slings it over his shoulder, before he goes to slink alongside Aurora as the takes her leave. "So Miss Aurora, where did you learn of Paladins from? I must say I was surprised you knew what one was, and even more surprised when you showed such respect," he muses with a kind smile. "Most ponies don't seem to know about them, or regard them as mythical."
    "Well, I've studied. I've spent most of my life studying various forms of magic, especially divine. Rather interesting, though obscure topic. Naturally I learned about Paladins in my studies. I know for a fact they aren't mythical, just rare, like deities. From what I've read of them, Paladins are beings deserving the utmost respect, showing a level of goodness and lawfulness few mortals or even deities are capable of matching." Aurora says. "And besides that, I was born with a slight...defect you might say." She adds in at the end, as they walk towards the edge of town.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2012-11-14 at 04:26 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwyn smiles pleasantly. "Thank you, Miss Aurora. It is nice to meet somepony who actually recognizes my calling for what it is, and does not merely think me a blithering naive fool," he muses with a wry smirk. "Though while I may ascribe to emulate a specific deity, I am by no means on par with one. Even so, your analogies are apt." He then casts her a curious glance, and raises a feathery eyebrow. "A defect?" He quickly adds: "If you do not wish to expound on something that is no business of mine, I am content to leave it at that."

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Godwyn smiles pleasantly. "Thank you, Miss Aurora. It is nice to meet somepony who actually recognizes my calling for what it is, and does not merely think me a blithering naive fool," he muses with a wry smirk. "Though while I may ascribe to emulate a specific deity, I am by no means on par with one. Even so, your analogies are apt." He then casts her a curious glance, and raises a feathery eyebrow. "A defect?" He quickly adds: "If you do not wish to expound on something that is no business of mine, I am content to leave it at that."
    "Yes. A rather...intriguing ability. As soon as somebody walks into my sight, I know everything about them. Every last little thing that's possible to know about them." She says. "This, combined with eidetic memory can be rather, *Ahem* unpleasant at times." She says.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

Godwyn ponders the implications of that.

Specifically, the fact that she'd no doubt gotten a "good" look at Gear.

He winces. "Oh. Yes. I can see how that would be unpleasant," he observes with a slight grimace.

He then ponders for a moment. "Ah. So you know all there is to know about me, I suppose. Interesting." He flashes her a wry smile. "A good thing I had nothing to be ashamed of, then. Aside from the stupidity of youth, of course," he says with a roll of his eyes.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Godwyn ponders the implications of that.

Specifically, the fact that she'd no doubt gotten a "good" look at Gear.

He winces. "Oh. Yes. I can see how that would be unpleasant," he observes with a slight grimace.

He then ponders for a moment. "Ah. So you know all there is to know about me, I suppose. Interesting." He flashes her a wry smile. "A good thing I had nothing to be ashamed of, then. Aside from the stupidity of youth, of course," he says with a roll of his eyes.
    "Yes. Most beings are prone to doing stupid things during their youth, regardless of who they are." She says. "Personally, I did some pretty stupid stuff during my youth too. Turning a noble into a toad for a week is not the best idea..." she says.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Titan in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Well that depends. Were they a corrupt noble who deserved it?" Godwyn asks, giving Aurora a small, knowing smirk.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

"Well that depends. Were they a corrupt noble who deserved it?" Godwyn asks, giving Aurora a small, knowing smirk.
    "Well, they were an ass, I can say that much." Aurora says with a very slight smirk. "I tried fixing it, but nothing I did seemed to help." Aurora actually looks very ashamed about this.