New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Inside 39

Alley with Clarissa

(There's no real need to warn me about things. This isn't my first fight. )

Juan snorts as the "woman" tries to collect over him, and after a though, smirks, staying perfectly still. Once she's mostly formed on him, his eyes flash violent, the only warning before his entire body erupts in daemonic flames. The touch will bring searing pain and pleasure to anything they touch. While it won't cause real physical damage, it effects any creature that can sense on some level.

Loch and Key

"Good." Jezebel says before sipping from her glass of wine. "Now, what were you hoping to accomplish here? Nothing drastic I hope." She asks as they wait for the food.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    MagMart

"Well, stuff for the baby to play with. I mean, I never had anything like that, but it's supposed to be good for them." Adir says skeptically, glancing toward a shelf with an endless variety of no doubt Magtok-themed toys.
    I'm sure some aren't Magtok themed. Like the one Sakura has just picked up. She holds it up for Adir to see. "Look at this one. It has wings and a tail like Harnel's." She giggles a bit at that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Cursed Street]

The murder of crows back off, warping and twisting out of the zone of light. Seems they aren't terribly fond of it...

With a cacophony of caws the flock of dark birds circles tighter and tighter, shapes and shadows congealing together until all that remains is a hulk figure cloaked in black feathers. It lurches upright, turning toward Amil and Gene, flexing bird-like claws and screaming incoherent gibberish.

And then with a single leap it attempts to tackle Gene off Amil's back!

Oh noes!

Hopefully it doesn't maul Gene.

That would be terrible.
    Genevieve is successfully tackled. Oh no! She goes hurtling off Amil's back. Thinking fast, she kicks at the shadow creature and casts a levitation spell on herself. "Wingardium leviosa!"

3. - Top - End - #273
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    The cleric backs away, the sword gnashing against his armor. Anatolij tries to use the opportunity presented by the vampire's ducking to make a strong chop at his neck.
    [Gray Zone]

Luckily for Rot, the plate in his chest extends to his shoulder in spike form, so Anatolij's sabre will be partially blocked by the chrome metal. The vampire's head barely stays on. He snarls again and aims another swing of his wicked sword at Anatolij's face.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Animal Shelter/Temple of Bast]

"Uh-huh...."
    Reinholdt will have to watch these cats closely. She agreed to this to help the poor abandoned cats, but she isn't sure why she felt the need to come here in the first place. Or help Chione murder someone. Something is definitely off. She'd have to watch her step and try to find out what.

Murdering children is a classic sign of suspicious activity.

Chione reinforces her outlandish claim with another thoughtful nod.

"Uh-huh!"

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ogre in the Playground

Red Zone

The bogeys laugh.
    "Moronsth!"
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Dwarf in the Playground

Beholder

[Loch and Key]

Feia folds one hand around her own wine glass, perhaps prompted by Jezebel's sipping, but does nothing more than that.
    Idly holding to acknowledge its existence, for now.
    "I would suppose that depends on what your definition of 'drastic' is. I am here for curiosity."
    "Fear and creativity are conjoined twins."
    Absentee Spirit

6. - Top - End - #276
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Cursed Street]

Gene kicks at the hulking crow monster!

It feels an awful lot like kicking an over-stuffed pillow. Suffice to say the monster doesn't budge. At least until Amil's tail clips it and sends it tumbling through the air, leaving a trail of loose crow feathers behind.

Ha!

That should give her time to cast her spells!

Amil slinks between the crow-thing and Gene, aiming to do her best body-guard impression!

"Are you alright?" the Tyranid inquires even while their foe begins righting itself once again.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Bugbear in the Playground

Red Zone

Demon Queen turns to face the bogeys. Her expression isn't very nice.

And what makes you say that?

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

8. - Top - End - #278

Quote Originally Posted by Gulaghar View Post
    "That's right. They're all either gold or silver." She gives a few additional details to go with that.

"Yeah, it's really nice." Sakura picks up the ring to take a closer look at it. The thorns are interesting. Lucy had picked it thinking it might catch her eye. "What do you think? Should I pick this one?" She asks Cessie and Harnel.
    [Lucy's Diamonds]

"Gold may not be the official metal of Hestopia, but I think it might fit rather well." Silver coating was much more popular. Silver was a more practical metal after all. "So this is the ring your giving to Adir right?"

9. - Top - End - #279
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lucy's Diamonds]

Harnel stands back, unsure of what to say, really. So, put simply, he doesn't. He'll give his opinion of course, but he's kind of feeling out of place in a jewellery shop.

... Of course, this is a good opportunity to pick up something for Cessie as well. He begins looking around the different shelves as the ladies are talking, looking at different things.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post

Murdering children is a classic sign of suspicious activity.

Chione reinforces her outlandish claim with another thoughtful nod.

"Uh-huh!"

Alas, Reinholdt can't just call them out on it or she'll get murdered too! Not yet anyways.

"So what should I do next? Work on sprucing this place up off screen?"
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lucy's Diamonds]

Sakura nods. "Yeah, I think so." She looks down at the ring again thinking it over. "Yep, I'll get this one then." She turns back to Lucy. They set about completing the purchase. Once that's done Sakura is gripping the ring box rather tightly. Her nervousness is showing through once more.

12. - Top - End - #282

[Lucy's Diamonds]

"Great, let's hope Adir can match it though." Cessie says with a smile.
    She had an urge to get back to Watch though, she needed to finish the ritual so she could focus on whatever parenthood meant. She really hadn't though this through had she? Being pregnant... She takes a deep breath to calm herself down.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Orc in the Playground

Indeed. Getting murdered is best avoided.

Akila nods this time, flicking her tail at their surroundings.

"Yes. Making this place look like a real temple will be our next task. Best done off screen, of course."

Perhaps a montage!

Nexus characters

14. - Top - End - #284
    Ogre in the Playground

"Alright. No point in standing around then." Reinholdt says. Despite that being exactly what she wants to do. Betcha cats take three times as long as humans to get things like this done.

Frequent naps.

Fortunately that just means the montage will be three times as long! Everyone loves montages, right?
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lucy's Diamonds]

Harnel will follow along behind the pair, having bought a surprise for Cessie as well. He's being remarkably silent today. Wonder what that's about?
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

16. - Top - End - #286
    Orc in the Playground

"Right."

Pretty much. Though they do have some slaves human worshipers to help them out while they cat nap, at least.

Montage! Gotta love em.

Nexus characters

17. - Top - End - #287
    Ogre in the Playground

[Lucy's Diamonds -> Leaving]

Sakura nods. "Just have to give it to him now." She fiddles with the ring box. She thinks it over. How to go about this? "I guess I'll just... do it."

Next post can be in Watch if you like.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Ogre in the Playground

[Temple of Bast]

One montage later...

Reinholdt looks around. Well it definitely looked better with all those cages gone, certainly. It's hard to imagine this used to be a stinky animal shelter. There's even a deluxe scratching post of worship no doubt. Reinholdt eyes it. Mmmm... scratching things to pieces...
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

19. - Top - End - #289
    Pixie in the Playground

[Alley with Clarissa]

((Yeah. It's just that I've seen way too much OoC conflict over fights where one PC is pitted against another in a fight to the death; I was attempting to mitigate that drama before it even occurred by providing a disclaimer before the battle really got underway.))

Juan's daemonic fire certainly affects Clarissa in a very profound way, though probably not exactly as Juan expected. The licking fire of pain rippling through Clarissa's form doesn't seem to affect her very much. Not in and of itself, at the very least. One of Clarissa's central attributes is her high pain tolerance. It is an indispensable trait for one to have if he or she is to be ravenously devouring prey whole in a world where magic is as commonplace as it is here. Clarissa is quite well insulated against tangible heat and frost for just that reason. You see, one of her victims not too long ago was a furtive mage. He tried freezing Clarissa's tissues by casting a potent frost spell. Then the insolent, belligerent tried to make use of a razor-sharp silver dagger as though it were a chisel to chip his way out of the refined horror that is Clarissa's digestive system. The mage expired a few moments later, dissolved in a sudden flood of bubbling stomach acids. Another man chose to torch himself instead or being tormented for days on end within Clarissa's gut. Both experiences wounded Clarissa rather grievously, but it was totally worth it. Ingesting prey is always more gratifying when the prey fights back well. That truly transfigures Clarissa's specific brand of hunting into a sport, which is precisely why Clarissa is so enraptured by it.

The pulses of pleasure... Those hit Clarissa like a sledgehammer crashing through a glass screen. The waves of pain... Those waves contrast the pleasure so...so purrfectly. It...it's an indescribable feeling. Ecstasy in the raw. Clarissa has created this feeling on many separate occasions. She has never been on the receiving end before, though.

More blobs violet ooze attempt to adhere to Juan's body, but not for the same reason as was originally intended. Juan has boosted Clarissa's lust levels far above her hunger levels. She wants Juan right here right now. They'll try to stay a good distance away from Juan's mouth. He probably has to be able to breathe in order to curtain, after all.

Clarissa attempts to force Juan to curtain with her smack dab in the middle of that dark, dank, dingy alley, attempting to harness the leverage she might have over Juan in an attempt to subject him to her whims. Given that Clarissa is an incarnation of the seven deadly sins, Juan may enjoy this a whole lot, assuming that he decides to go along with it and doesn't give Clarissa too much trouble over it.

-----
    [In the Muddy Street Outside of Lester's Saloon]

Percilia-prime attempts to stride over to Mister C and scoop him up into the palm of her right hand. She reaches into her front pocket once more with her left hand and withdraws a tiny, dirty scroll, one edge of which appears as though it was set ablaze at some point. The odd thing about the scroll is that is absolutely devoid of any markings! Strange...

"Pop quiz. How do you work this thing?"
    Last edited by The Alexandrian; 2011-09-14 at 09:25 PM.

20. - Top - End - #290

[In the Muddy Street Outside of Lester's Saloon]

Mr. C could totally picked up and such.He observes the obviously empty scroll.

"Hmmmm. I could find out if there is a hidden Text on the scroll. I knew a way most Magical and other ways to hide a text forget."

Well to tell befor, he would use his tounge. He has a good tast and sense with it, which would help find writing thats invisible for the eye. Would you think someone licks your hidden text to find it.. well with a dry tounge?
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

21. - Top - End - #291
    Halfling in the Playground

I'm sure some aren't Magtok themed. Like the one Sakura has just picked up. She holds it up for Adir to see. "Look at this one. It has wings and a tail like Harnel's." She giggles a bit at that.
    "Yeah. I think it's supposed to be a dragon." Adir says, smiling himself. He points at the varying colors. "We could get a red one. Make Harnel uncomfortable when Laela can't tell the difference."
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

22. - Top - End - #292
    Ogre in the Playground

[MagMart]

Sakura laughs and replaces the green one with a red one, which is paced in the cart. "Do you think we should get more? She looks at the toys. Nothing catches her eye at the moment.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2011-09-15 at 04:06 PM.

23. - Top - End - #293

MagMart

After a second of deliberation, Adir takes down one of those dangly things that gets placed above the baby's crib. Little animals on strings, with lots of pink and blue. "This should work."

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by VampireRot View Post
    [Gray Zone]

Luckily for Rot, the plate in his chest extends to his shoulder in spike form, so Anatolij's sabre will be partially blocked by the chrome metal. The vampire's head barely stays on. He snarls again and aims another swing of his wicked sword at Anatolij's face.
    Anatolij leans and then staggers backwards, the sword leaving a deep dent in his helmet. The cleric uses the opportunity to try and whack Rot's head with his flaming hammer.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Ogre in the Playground

[MagMart]

"What's that for?" Sakura asks curiously. She takes one of the dangling animals in her hand to get a closer look.

[Cursed Street]

Genevieve utters the killing curse, but Amil steps in front of her. Noooooo! Amil is killed instantly. T_T

Rather than doing something silly like that, Genevieve points her wand and fires a spell just before Amil steps in front of her. "Incendio!" Flames burst into existence beneath the crow-thing.
    Last edited by Gullara; 2011-09-15 at 06:05 PM.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KerfuffleMach2 View Post
    Market Street A

Alysha seems to enjoy sharing this info.

Also, what makes a Keyblade look different is the keychain. Alysha points to the one hanging from the hilt. It's a small tire that says "Lightyear" on the side.
    The female makes some more notes. Very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Market Street B

"Maybe I should give it back to you now. Or at least when we're done talking," Lorraine says.
    "That... would be a good idea. Yes. What should we talk about?"

27. - Top - End - #297

[MagMart]

"What's that for?" Sakura asks curiously. She takes one of the dangling animals in her hand to get a closer look.
    "Um, it spins above the baby's crib. They can play with it and stuff." Adir says, wondering if they need more. I mean, how many toys does a kid need, right?

But wait! Something catches Adir's eye. He takes a little plastic space-gun off the shelf. The kind that shoots foam balls. "You think a little girl's gonna like this?"

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

28. - Top - End - #298

Market Street A

Um...not much else, really. Not that I know of, anyway.

Quotes and goodies:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here! - Jayne Cobb

I swear by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you. - Malcolm Reynolds

Because I'm allergic to things I don't wanna do. *coughcough* - Caboose
    Photos from the 2014 Woodward Dream Cruise.

CHARACTERS
    I has a story! Updates when I can.
    3DS Friend Code: 2595-1862-5907

29. - Top - End - #299
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Cursed Street]

Rawr, fire!

The monster's feather body ignites with flames! This seems to upset it quite a bit and it can't get at Gene to inflict pain on the object of its irritation. So instead it decides to take out its frustration on Amil.

By grabbing her in its talons!

And POOF! goes a vast cloud of black feathers!

...leaving behind a totally normal crow where Amil was standing previously.

The crow looks very confused.

"Caw!"
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic Bob View Post
    [Loch and Key]

Feia folds one hand around her own wine glass, perhaps prompted by Jezebel's sipping, but does nothing more than that.
    Idly holding to acknowledge its existence, for now.
    "I would suppose that depends on what your definition of 'drastic' is. I am here for curiosity."
    Loch and Key

"Good." Jezebel says with a slight smile that could only be called somewhat arrogant. "I'll definitely be willing to answer nearly any question."

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post
    [Alley with Clarissa]

((Yeah. It's just that I've seen way too much OoC conflict over fights where one PC is pitted against another in a fight to the death; I was attempting to mitigate that drama before it even occurred by providing a disclaimer before the battle really got underway.))

Juan's daemonic fire certainly affects Clarissa in a very profound way, though probably not exactly as Juan expected. The licking fire of pain rippling through Clarissa's form doesn't seem to affect her very much. Not in and of itself, at the very least. One of Clarissa's central attributes is her high pain tolerance. It is an indispensable trait for one to have if he or she is to be ravenously devouring prey whole in a world where magic is as commonplace as it is here. Clarissa is quite well insulated against tangible heat and frost for just that reason. You see, one of her victims not too long ago was a furtive mage. He tried freezing Clarissa's tissues by casting a potent frost spell. Then the insolent, belligerent tried to make use of a razor-sharp silver dagger as though it were a chisel to chip his way out of the refined horror that is Clarissa's digestive system. The mage expired a few moments later, dissolved in a sudden flood of bubbling stomach acids. Another man chose to torch himself instead or being tormented for days on end within Clarissa's gut. Both experiences wounded Clarissa rather grievously, but it was totally worth it. Ingesting prey is always more gratifying when the prey fights back well. That truly transfigures Clarissa's specific brand of hunting into a sport, which is precisely why Clarissa is so enraptured by it.

The pulses of pleasure... Those hit Clarissa like a sledgehammer crashing through a glass screen. The waves of pain... Those waves contrast the pleasure so...so purrfectly. It...it's an indescribable feeling. Ecstasy in the raw. Clarissa has created this feeling on many separate occasions. She has never been on the receiving end before, though.

More blobs violet ooze attempt to adhere to Juan's body, but not for the same reason as was originally intended. Juan has boosted Clarissa's lust levels far above her hunger levels. She wants Juan right here right now. They'll try to stay a good distance away from Juan's mouth. He probably has to be able to breathe in order to curtain, after all.

Clarissa attempts to force Juan to curtain with her smack dab in the middle of that dark, dank, dingy alley, attempting to harness the leverage she might have over Juan in an attempt to subject him to her whims. Given that Clarissa is an incarnation of the seven deadly sins, Juan may enjoy this a whole lot, assuming that he decides to go along with it and doesn't give Clarissa too much trouble over it.
    Alley with Clarissa

Don Yuann, daemonhost of Slaanesh, is a bit shocked by the response, but is able to guess what she wants. After a moment, he gives a chuckle and smirks. He'll allow the curtains to happen, but if she tries to dissolve or suffocate him during or after it, she'll find that he's quite immune to either attempt on his life, being partly made of Warp-stuff, and not needing to breathe.