New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Mass Effect 3.6: Are you engaging in reproductive behavior with this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    *sigh* No, Bioware, posting Pinkie Pie in an N7 suit on your Mass Effect wall is still not going to redeem you for the ending debacle.

Nice try, though.
    Why would this be in any way redeeming?

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default Re: Mass Effect 3.6: Are you engaging in reproductive behavior with this thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    Why would this be in any way redeeming?
    Personally, I think that the folks at Bioware have accepted that this debacle with the ending is going to dog them for quite a while in some form or another. Now they're just trying to have some laughs and move forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    Someone in the comments section mentioned ponies as new races in the comments. Thinking about that, it works kinda a well from a gameplay standpoint.

Twilight - Adept
    Applejack - Soldier
    Pinkie Pie - Engineer
    Rarity - Sentinel
    Fluttershy - Inflitrator
    Rainbow Dash - Vanguard
    New races heck. Rename and color scheme baby!
    Big Mac the destroyer. Twilight Sparkle (regular) the Quarian engineer with her fire breathing defense turret, Spike and Twilight Sparkle (god mode) the glowing, flashing Fury. Pinkie Pie the geth infiltrator who is here in an instant, gone in a flash an has a melee attack that leaves confetti. Confetti! Shining Armor the N7 paladin, always trying to get ponies to chill. Fluttershy the Geth engineer, who's Angel Bunny packs a punch but helps her mend downed allies while she weakens them with her Hunter Mode STARE. Rarity the demolisher, generously donating ammo to her allies while she herself takes her time to line up shots, or occasionally when someone destroys Twilight's turret she lets lose a grenade flurry to TEAR YOU APART. Heck, make a white and purple vorcha and call it Opalescence. But my favorite is Scootaloo the turian. Because turians are chicken people

Quote Originally Posted by Beowulf DW View Post
    Personally, I think that the folks at Bioware have accepted that this debacle with the ending is going to dog them for quite a while in some form or another. Now they're just trying to have some laughs and move forward.
    an admirable endeavor.

Could someone link the actual picture? You need a Facebook account to see it otherwise.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2012-08-10 at 09:59 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    New races heck. Rename and color scheme baby!
    Yeah, a lot of my multiplayer characters are colored/named after Ponies too. Twilight the Human Sentinel. Luna the Asari Adept. Celestia the Asari Justicar. Rainbow Dash the Human Vanguard. Fluttershy the Quarian Engineer. Heck, I even tried to use Vinyl Scratch for my Turian Sentinel, though I never got that color scheme to work well on him. And I think I used Rarity for my Asari Vanguard, but I wound up not liking that class, so I only really used it once.

Actually, pretty much all of my multiplayer characters are based on some piece of fiction I like. A couple Green Lantern characters (Atrocitus the Krogan Vanguard, John Stewart the Male Quarian Engineer, Larfleeze the Batarian Sentinel), one from BlazBlue (Hazama the Ex-Cerberus Adept), several from Persona (Yukiko the Human Adept, Yu Narukami the Slayer, Yosuke the Ex-Cerberus Vanguard, Naoto the Demolisher). I think the only ones where I basically just made up a name and set the colors to whatever I thought looked good are my Human and Salarian Engineers.

Could someone link the actual picture? You need a Facebook account to see it otherwise.
    Odd. I do not have a Facebook account, but I can see it fine. In any event though, here you go.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

5. - Top - End - #1145
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Odd. I do not have a Facebook account, but I can see it fine.
    It's not odd, that's how most companies manage their social media. For instance, I haven't logged into my Twitter in over a year, but I was able to read all the twitter posts by Jessica Merizan as this thing unfolded.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    It's not odd, that's how most companies manage their social media. For instance, I haven't logged into my Twitter in over a year, but I was able to read all the twitter posts by Jessica Merizan as this thing unfolded.
    Er, no, I don't mean I have one but haven't used it, I mean I don't have one at all. I have never used Facebook. I've only even visited the site a very tiny handful of times, all of them I believe being from links posted on this forum, and I never did more than read a short post for a couple minutes. Which means either SiuiS is wrong and you do not need an account to view that image, or... I don't know what the alternative would be, honestly.

Zevox

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Er, no, I don't mean I have one but haven't used it, I mean I don't have one at all. I have never used Facebook. I've only even visited the site a very tiny handful of times, all of them I believe being from links posted on this forum, and I never did more than read a short post for a couple minutes. Which means either SiuiS is wrong and you do not need an account to view that image, or... I don't know what the alternative would be, honestly.

Zevox

You might have a security hole. Because no device I have wver used, desktop? Laptop or phone has let me view Facebook stuff without having some method of access first. Either someone on your computer has used Facebook, or you should check your accounts.

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Ogre in the Playground

Here you go

Spoiler
    Show
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Banned

Okay, RNG. what the hell?

Spoiler
    Show

Also thanks Zevox, Krade.

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Titan in the Playground

Mwah? I certainly don't have one and I could see it alright...

That's wierd.

11. - Top - End - #1151

Okay, RNG. what the hell?

Spoiler
    Show

Also thanks Zevox, Krade.
    I think - it happened a while back so I may be mistaken - that I once got two Locust upgrades in the same Vet pack. Unlikely but it could happen.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Banned

I think - it happened a while back so I may be mistaken - that I once got two Locust upgrades in the same Vet pack. Unlikely but it could happen.
    Interesting. Well, the acolyte is the only rare weapon left, so it makes sense that's what it would give me. Except I was hoping I would be more... You know, fair? There are a good twenty class cards and about as many gear advancements that I don't have. But it's stuck in a rare gun rut.

On the upside, I'm going to be crawling in gear and ultra rates soon, or I'll actually get class options. Win/win?

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Ogre in the Playground

Interesting. Well, the acolyte is the only rare weapon left, so it makes sense that's what it would give me. Except I was hoping I would be more... You know, fair? There are a good twenty class cards and about as many gear advancements that I don't have. But it's stuck in a rare gun rut.

On the upside, I'm going to be crawling in gear and ultra rates soon, or I'll actually get class options. Win/win?
    I've noticed that it definitely prioritizes weapons over class cards. So once you finish those up, you'll start getting all those classes. At least, that's the way it's worked in my experience.

And I don't know about anyone else, but I've been getting at least one gear card in almost every PSP I've bought since Earth came out. Of course, I haven't been playing as often because I picked up Bulletstorm a couple weeks ago, but I'm almost done with that.

Fun Fact: The main male and female protagonists in Bulletstorm are voiced by Steve Blum (Grunt) and Jennifer Hale (FemShep).

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

14. - Top - End - #1154
    Firbolg in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Krade View Post
    Fun Fact: The main male and female protagonists in Bulletstorm are voiced by Steve Blum (Grunt) and Jennifer Hale (FemShep).
    It's probably rarer to find something that doesn't have one or both of those two in though.

And if you do find such a thing, Tara Strong was probably in it.

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Titan in the Playground

You might have a security hole. Because no device I have wver used, desktop? Laptop or phone has let me view Facebook stuff without having some method of access first. Either someone on your computer has used Facebook, or you should check your accounts.
    No one on my computer (desktop) has a Facebook account, because I'm the only one on it. There are no other accounts for me to check.

Zevox

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Banned

Unts, I mean stuff like amazon, yahoo, google, YouTube, etc. they often intercorrelate. The only reason my google account doesn't automatically lonme in to other stuff is I told it not to, and I'm on a mobile device.

Ha some fun with the fury. With all these new guns and tech classes, I forgot how much I enjoyed biotic superiority. Annihilation field with energy drain, and dark channel at six is fun. A question though, based on reading. Rank 4 of Anihilation Field says blast radius increases; does this mean only when you detonate it for setting off bioethics, or is the field larger?

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Ettin in the Playground

Rank 4 of Anihilation Field says blast radius increases; does this mean only when you detonate it for setting off bioethics, or is the field larger?
    Only when you detonate it.
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Ogre in the Playground

Holy crap, did the stupid get let out of the woodwork. I was playing on BRONZE after I promoted all my available classes, and still managed to outscore the entire rest of the team. As a level 1 soldier. With a team of 20s and 19. WHAT IS WRONG WITH SOME OF THESE PEOPLE? (In case you are curious, I am certain 2 of them were there for the entire match. The last one, I am not positive.)

Is this weekend giving anyone else problems with crappy players on teams?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

19. - Top - End - #1159
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dhavaer View Post
    Only when you detonate it.
    Well. That's kind of a no-brainer then isn't it?

Sorry about the typos by the by. Phone should know the differences between biotic and bioethic.

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    Holy crap, did the stupid get let out of the woodwork. I was playing on BRONZE after I promoted all my available classes, and still managed to outscore the entire rest of the team. As a level 1 soldier. With a team of 20s and 19. WHAT IS WRONG WITH SOME OF THESE PEOPLE? (In case you are curious, I am certain 2 of them were there for the entire match. The last one, I am not positive.)

yeah... We had a kersplutz on bronze. It was on Goddess, but still. Some I the problems we had were terrible. I brought in an adept at 8 to try her out, an we wiped on wave 1 because I was playing around with the acolyte.

Acolyte seems to not be critting atlases anymore, too. Only takes off a bar or so on gold. Not sure what the difference is... Fairly certain I have on occasion detonated a power with it though.

... Oooh, an idea. Want to try a combination of Fury and Justicar. The damage boost from Anihilation field and from the biotic sphere should stack for something like a +45% boost to damage from all sources.deop a sphere, lure targets, and send in the fury as Primer. The field remains even if the Fury goes down.

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post

That seems to happen on Bronze. When I promoted my Vanguard class because I wanted to play my then-new Krogan from level 1, I got top rank in my first game there. At the time I attributed it to the class, but my more recent promotion of my Engineers resulted in the same thing with my Salarian Engineer. Now I suspect it's just that players have sort of self-segregated by skill level, sticking to the highest difficulty they can consistently win games on (or at least get all the money on).

Zevox

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Ogre in the Playground

In other news, the progress update for the Allied goal showed that there is no way we'll be completing it.

And no one really cared because the Victory Packs are dumb.

I am B.
    Are you B?

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

In other news, the progress update for the Allied goal showed that there is no way we'll be completing it.

Well, there's going to be some special circumstance in the next one that makes them even harder than normal. Victory packs are dumb, but that's no reason not to get an extra pack for free.

Also, where do you see the progress update? I've looked on their twitter feed and it's not there, or at least I don't know where to look.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Titan in the Playground

Probably because I would suspect the number of people playing is starting to die back (gotten bored, moved on to other things.)

I also think the ending DLC was hanging over a lot our of heads as a "thing that was coming" and kept a few of us - like me - playing a bit longer while we marked time as it were. Certainly, I've noticed that since the ending DLC, I've been less inclined to play...

Also, of course, it's summer, and people are likely to have less free time at weekends to play because of holidays and such.

That'd be my guess, anyway.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-08-12 at 12:36 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Landis963 View Post
    Well, there's going to be some special circumstance in the next one that makes them even harder than normal. Victory packs are dumb, but that's no reason not to get an extra pack for free.

Also, where do you see the progress update? I've looked on their twitter feed and it's not there, or at least I don't know where to look.
    On the official forums, about 14 hours ago:

We have checked and then rechecked the totals for all 3 platforms. Currently:
    Bronze - 66,611= 33%
    Silver - 48,281 = 27%
    Gold - 17,466 = 30%

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Bugbear in the Playground

DruidGuy

I've just discovered how ridiculous electric and biotic slash are - I'd not be surprised if they got adjusted soon.

They are wave attacks that pass through solid objects (you don't even have to see the enemy to kill them), hitting multiple targets and knocking over unshielded ones, doing high damage and detonating explosions. The electric one has damage multiplies for shields and armour, while the biotic has multipliers for barriers and armour.

26. - Top - End - #1166
    Banned

Unfortunate but not unforeseen. And the number of players doing silly things is staggering. Played for hour last night, only two extractions. One of them partial because the phoenix adept was a dingus who ran off and never came back to the LZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    I've just discovered how ridiculous electric and biotic slash are - I'd not be surprised if they got adjusted soon.

They are wave attacks that pass through solid objects (you don't even have to see the enemy to kill them), hitting multiple targets and knocking over unshielded ones, doing high damage and detonating explosions. The electric one has damage multiplies for shields and armour, while the biotic has multipliers for barriers and armour.
    those do sound pretty terribly balanced. Luckily, I'll probably find out myself soon enough.

Got the geth infiltrator, Cerberus harrier and a bunch of gear. Harrier doesn't feel anywhere near as powerful as I'd expect it to, though extended barrel and clip capacity may not be best use. I'll experiment. Geth infiltrator I spec'd for melee which is a mistake. No sustainability, and the damage output is insufficient to truly make it worthwhile, especially given the number of enemies who shoot me despite cloaking and running.

Now a geth infiltrator with with the GPS, that's a different matter entirely. Still on of the stronger contenders, that. Remarkable. Think I will take the hit to my recharge, and bring the GPSMG with heat sink and armor piercing. Currently skilled up at 6/5/6/3/6, using fitness for full melee boosting, tac cloak at 80% damage (105% melee) and proximity mine for debuff damage increase. Powerful, but I'm findin that when I flash melee a group, one guy always gets knocked far enough back to shoot me- and now I don't have shields. I only ever play on gold and platinum nowadays, so it's not really viable.

Now a respec, that could work. 6/5/6/6/3 or possibly 6/5/6/5/4, focus on geth weaponry and damage boost from tac cloak/hunter mode/AI interfacing or whatnot. Drop the bayonet from the GPS, but what would I replace it with? I am also finding myself wishing there was a geth pistol...

Ah well. Off to play on Braz's account, get her the commendation pack. Since there won't be a victory this time...

27. - Top - End - #1167
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright I'm taking a moment before I storm Earth to drop by again. I did something different this time, loading up both files at about the same time, but my female Shepard has gotten far ahead, and I am one relay jump from the final battle. I just want to say that this game's immersion was fantastic, and I have spent today alternating between rage and depression. Today, I lost Mordin, Legion, and Miranda. In return, I have ammased forces from the Turians, Asari, Krogan, Quarian, Geth, and even the Batarians. But I'm still looking for some payback on a personal level. I figure I'll handle two problems at once, and shove Harbinger up the Illusive Man's ass. Wish me luck, guys, the fate of all organic life is on the line here...
    LPs that I like to think I will get back to some day.

To Make a Fan: Let's Play Final Fantasy

Let's Play Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones

28. - Top - End - #1168
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by YakYak View Post
    Alright I'm taking a moment before I storm Earth to drop by again. I did something different this time, loading up both files at about the same time, but my female Shepard has gotten far ahead, and I am one relay jump from the final battle. I just want to say that this game's immersion was fantastic, and I have spent today alternating between rage and depression. Today, I lost Mordin, Legion, and Miranda. In return, I have ammased forces from the Turians, Asari, Krogan, Quarian, Geth, and even the Batarians. But I'm still looking for some payback on a personal level. I figure I'll handle two problems at once, and shove Harbinger up the Illusive Man's ass. Wish me luck, guys, the fate of all organic life is on the line here...
    I am keenly interested in your thoughts now that you've had a go at the finale.

Wish I'd thought of giant space sodomy. I settled for emptying half a fleet into TIM's corpse for a pangalactic "naval training exercise". Every ship in council space on target? Lazarus project back from that.

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

Wish I'd thought of giant space sodomy.
    I am so taking this out of context.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

30. - Top - End - #1170

Drop the bayonet from the GPS, but what would I replace it with?
    Shredder? Every faction has a troublesome armored foe, so it would help. You can also tear through Guardian shields/light cover without needing to switch weapons or slip behind.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2012-08-13 at 12:17 PM.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy