New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1111
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony 2F: Ponibooru, We Hardly Knew Ye...

Are you Pinkielicious?

2. - Top - End - #1112
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Also I still think it has good music, independent of the game itself.
    I know that feel <.<;; *has tracks from Sonic '06 and Unleashed on his phone still*

3. - Top - End - #1113
    Titan in the Playground

Also I still think it has good music, independent of the game itself.
    And it makes for good mashups too.

Now I'm just wondering if there's been anypony who's mashed up Sonic music with Pony music...
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

4. - Top - End - #1114
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    And it makes for good mashups too.

Now I'm just wondering if there's been anypony who's mashed up Sonic music with Pony music...
    There are tons around, this is my favorite so far.

Though for Mario based things, this overworld remix tops it, hands down.
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

5. - Top - End - #1115
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Merellis View Post
    yes
    Last edited by thubby; 2012-07-01 at 10:12 AM.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

6. - Top - End - #1116

It appears that Bronycon is on fire at the moment.

The light is, at least. Hopefully that gets fixed soon.

7. - Top - End - #1117

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    you're still here.
    i rest my case.
    Um... Doing what or With what to offer anyways?
    Last edited by Luka; 2012-07-01 at 10:40 AM.
    Extended sig
    It's not a Paladin it's a Crusader
    Bloody Screens
    : Bringing realism to Videogames since someone had the idea
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1118
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by maximus25 View Post

We're fine, all fine, having lunch together.

Except for Vorpalbob who avers that he has been pulling ponies out of a burning building with John de Lancie as Dragonforce played over the speakers.

Also, I gave Lauren Faust a hug last night.

No, that's not hyperbole. She was at our restaurant; John de Lancie was eating one table over. So I asked and there was hugging.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoeKun View Post
    Raz, you scoundrel! You planned this!
    Quote Originally Posted by BladeofObliviom View Post
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasanip View Post
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dervag View Post
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

9. - Top - End - #1119

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post

Except for Vorpalbob who avers that he has been pulling ponies out of a burning building with John de Lancie as Dragonforce played over the speakers.

No, that's not hyperbole. She was at our restaurant; John de Lancie was eating one table over. So I asked and there was hugging.
    Did you get pictures? Because that is awesome.

Were she and John eating together? Or just happened to be at the same restaurant?

10. - Top - End - #1120
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    And that, my friends, is how unicorns warm Bleakbanes heart.
    Have a net for that callback.

Were she and John eating together? Or just happened to be at the same restaurant?
    ...how bad is it that my immediate urge is to ship them?
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

11. - Top - End - #1121
    Ettin in the Playground

Did you get pictures? Because that is awesome.

Braz has a picture of us all together with Faust, but sadly, no picture of me hugging Faust.

And they weren't eating together, I think she just happened to come over.

John de Lancie also left a genuine Faust sketch of Discord at his table. It's currently Vorpalbob's sacred task to return it to him.

EDIT: I'm a Derpy pony. In my defense, it looked like a Faust sketch.
    Last edited by Raz_Fox; 2012-07-01 at 11:39 AM.
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show
    Great, and now I'm imagining what Raz's profile on a dating site would look like. "Must be okay with veils."
    I don't think there is such a time to have veils that it is not the fault of Raz_Fox.
    It's a freaking Romulan dump truck. The Romulans are no more likely to build an unarmed warp-capable ship than they are to become a hippy commune.

12. - Top - End - #1122
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by OracleofWuffing View Post
    So, yeah, welcome to Ponyard's bachelor party. You're free to spike the punch, just don't use Spike or superglue.

Also, my AC's down. I really wish my house was about 20% cooler right now.
    Woohoo!
    No more raves though. I'm raved out. Being a quadruped is hard; four knees means double the joint pain in the morning >.<

That's profound. Seriously, you basically just drove right to the core of the idea.
    Yes. That was half the point - a shining moment of certainty. I am great. This fandom is great. Whenever the flow of time dulls my senses, I can remember how great we are. It is now ensconced forever in time.

Also, to anyone at Bronycon, if you get to Faust or DeLancie, or any other staff, I had a question I want to see asked.
    Q: Given the size and success of the Brony movement, there may be a chance of other people trying to figure out what happened here and emulate My Little Pony's success. What advice would you give to someone else that was trying to make something that would appeal to a broad demographic and create a faithful following for a new show?
    An interesting question. Not one I think Anypony came close to answering. I don't think I will get a chance for it. Faust was pretty tired last night. I think she is growing weary of too much fan attention. We have made a point of not bothering ANYPONY when they aren't in the con building, except for the fortuitous run-in at dinner.

Seriously though. I think Delancie is stalking me <.<

Quote Originally Posted by Finn Solomon View Post
    Hi guys, I got into this show because I'm a big Doctor Who fan and I was surprised there was a pony version of him running about, so I got on YouTube. Now I love every single part of it.
    Hi new pony! Gimme a second here...

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    Funnily enough he just got an official name today: Time Turner. But he'll always be Doctor Whooves to us.
    Doctor Whooves cannot be officially name such. Legal troubles yes?
    The last words on his card are "timey wimey". We all know the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    I have to admit, they did manage to get a nice little shout-out in his description.

Have some random gifs!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Derpy no
    Rawhide just fixed that
    No Derpy
    whyyy

Yeah, sorry. That's what happens when Faust rouses a crowd. She set fire to the reins.

Though Tara Strong blames her dress.

No no no. Vorpal was Playing Dragonforce. Specifically Through The Fire And The Flames. He cleared a path through the inferno with his phat bass, while Jade dragged unconscious bronies bodily from the building. DD and I were doing what we could for the merchandise, but our combined wizardry wasn't enough. Turns out Thanqol was right, Forces is best arcana. Who knew?

Raz Fox luckily helped Delancie while Kairaven scooped Faust out on his cloud. Vent and Diego are working on a storm as we speak, but it's going poorly. I think Diego is an earth pony...

Oh! And I lost my hat. May Angela sing it to its rest.
    It's crispy, burnt-convention-floor rest.

He totally did.
    Oh you should have seen his face when he overheard our conversation about Faust standing behind him for the last ten minutes. All the agog.

13. - Top - End - #1123

Braz has a picture of us all together with Faust, but sadly, no picture of me hugging Faust.

And they weren't eating together, I think she just happened to come over.

John de Lancie also left a genuine Faust sketch of Discord at his table. It's currently Vorpalbob's sacred task to return it to him.
    So I can hope to see this and many more pictures in the future? Sweet.

I never would have been able to just walk up and ask Lauren Faust for a hug. Maybe I would have said how awesome she was, but I'm too awkward for a hug. Good on ya for the confidence.

You sure he didn't leave it on purpose for some lucky bronies to find?

14. - Top - End - #1124

Thanks for all the welcomes, guys! There's a lot of good Doctor/Derpy fanfics around, which is great because I love Derpy too. I especially like the mother-daughter relationship she has with Dinky, it's just so heartwarming and makes you feel good.
    "Look at me, I'm Robespierre!"

I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and their stuff together...okay, three, two, one, LET'S JAM!

15. - Top - End - #1125
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    OK, so I'm not alone.

I think one thing that gets me about Friendship is Witchcraft is how most of it is exactly like the real episode, or only very slightly changed. Some of the lines are taken completely verbatim, even. It makes it feel like things don't really fit, like they're forcing their story to fit someone elses' narrative framework. I find myself wishing they'd do more cutting and pasting together the episode in creative ways to fit what story they want to tell.

Like, what they seem to do is start with the animation and then fit the story around that, what would be better would be start with the story you want to tell and make the animation fit that.
    That sounds easy but would be hard to do. All abridged series do much the the same. Trying to construct a story from animation would likely result in the editing quality getting worse because you would inevitably find the only thing that matched the demands of the story is visually dissonant.

I find it hilarious when I hear things like: "Wouldn't it be awesome if Chrysalis and Discord and Trixie all returned in one episode and we found out where they'd been all this time and then they'd fight?"

No. No it would not. It would be the most disjointed, overburdened episode ever written and you'd all be bitching about how rushed it felt 30 seconds after it ended. Leave the writing to the people who are good enough at it to write for a living.

I'll give you the Assassin's Creed/GTA similarities, if only because they're mission based open worlds, but I would never mistake one of them for Halo.

As for Nintendo, Mario gets a pass because all the main series titles he gets put in are absolutely top notch, and he's a total blank slate. But the last Metroid game that came out was Other M, and the last Zelda game I really loved was Okami so I wouldn't say they're doing so hot either.

OK, OK, Wind Waker was pretty awesome. But I haven't played Skyward Sword and had no love for Twilight Princess, despite being named after the best pony.
    I not talking about quality here.

I'm talking about how the narrowing of the creative range in video games here. All three PSox 360 ones if movie-ized for example would be straight up action flicks in my mind, guy goes around fighting and so forth.

But really just look at the protagonist designs these days: Male, white(-ish), looks in their 20s, probably tall, hair and eyes normal, hair is probably a buzz cut, personality is hard and cool but still heroic.

How many modern games does that apply to? Heck even when you don't know do you think John-117 is say an Asian guy with some baby fat on his cheeks?

Now lets contrast with just three Ninetendo classics: a stubby plumber with a silly italian accent, an silent elf, and a hot blonde action girl who wears orange and red.

Funnily enough he just got an official name today: Time Turner. But he'll always be Doctor Whooves to us.
    Suprisingly okay with this for following my normal policy of completely disregarding material outside the show. Because I'd can't imagine the BBC would let them get away with "the Doctor" and Hasbro likes to trademark everything.

Quote Originally Posted by SlyGuyMcFly View Post
    1699? I don't get the reference.
    Because saying medieval in context of a witch-hunt would be inaccurate.

Pictures shall be provided I hope.

Also what was the restaurant. Still in Jersey or did you ponies all cross the river?

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Pretty bad, they're both married.

And everyone know Discord dated Celestia on the pony side, not her mom.

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Doctor Whooves cannot be officially name such. Legal troubles yes?
    The last words on his card are "timey wimey". We all know the truth.
    Excuse me my nose seems to be gushing a high pressure stream of red fluid.

16. - Top - End - #1126

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Heh welcome to the Herd.

And you aren't alone in liking the Doctor around here. I actually came here when I finished NuWho to talk about it. (Liked 9 didn't like his haircut too much, loved 10 best, think 11 could be as good but has weak material)
    Thanks! But I'm the opposite, I think 11 has better storylines due to Moffatt, RTD's stuff sometimes got boring and predictable.
    Last edited by Finn Solomon; 2012-07-01 at 12:49 PM.

I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and their stuff together...okay, three, two, one, LET'S JAM!

17. - Top - End - #1127

Thanks for all the welcomes, guys! There's a lot of good Doctor/Derpy fanfics around, which is great because I love Derpy too. I especially like the mother-daughter relationship she has with Dinky, it's just so heartwarming and makes you feel good.
    *GASP!* NEW. BRONY. AND HE LIKES DERPY/DOCTOR.

Welcome! Please take this brohoof! /]*[\
    Last edited by Maxtronaut; 2012-07-01 at 12:50 PM.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

18. - Top - End - #1128
    Titan in the Playground

Pretty bad, they're both married.

And everyone know Discord dated Celestia on the pony side, not her mom.
    You say that like it has any effect on shipping whatsoever...
    Recent Homebrew: The Socialite | The Crystalline: Memory Altering Construct Race | Sanguine Hand, a ToB Discipline of blood and cruelty
    Homebrew Signature | NEW Homebrew Collection
    Thanks to all my avatar artists, especially to Paisley for my avatar of Vivian, cowardly cryophoenix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    It's like the feng shui version of an orbital death laser.

19. - Top - End - #1129
    Titan in the Playground

Which is why I often find myself stomping on anyone wanting to dig too deep into ponies. The seeds are there, we just seem to mostly know to confine them to our own activities. Well mostly...

No Trixie/Gilda/Chrysalis/etc does not need to reappear, Discord should come back but only for the meta-reasons, no the story telling does not need to be all that complex. Yadda yadda and so on.
    I agree with you completely. Now I would like to see Trixie/Gilda again but I would like it to be on the writer's terms, ie. They've thought of a cool idea they want to use for their characters and are showing us it. Not as shameless fanbase pandering. Not sure what you mean by Discord reappearing for meta-reasons.

I find it hilarious when I hear things like: "Wouldn't it be awesome if Chrysalis and Discord and Trixie all returned in one episode and we found out where they'd been all this time and then they'd fight?"

No. No it would not. It would be the most disjointed, overburdened episode ever written and you'd all be bitching about how rushed it felt 30 seconds after it ended. Leave the writing to the people who are good enough at it to write for a living.

I'll give you the Assassin's Creed/GTA similarities, if only because they're mission based open worlds, but I would never mistake one of them for Halo.

As for Nintendo, Mario gets a pass because all the main series titles he gets put in are absolutely top notch, and he's a total blank slate. But the last Metroid game that came out was Other M, and the last Zelda game I really loved was Okami so I wouldn't say they're doing so hot either.

OK, OK, Wind Waker was pretty awesome. But I haven't played Skyward Sword and had no love for Twilight Princess, despite being named after the best pony.

Agreed again.

Interestingly enough Twilight Princess has been my faviorate Zelda game so far. And Wind Waker was disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Have a net for that callback.

Honestly if that wasn't your immediate urge I would be worried for you Lixie.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

20. - Top - End - #1130
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Wind Waker was by far my favorite Zelda game. I like how your character moved better then the other 3d games, being faster and more flowing. I also liked the enemies more, especially the way they did the Darknuts.

Witchcraft is Magic is essentially a meme factory, and sometimes I think that is what it openly tries to be. .MOV is probably my favorite series of fan videos, even though they are kinda grotesque.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

21. - Top - End - #1131
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

This has truly been a fascinating group... I'm not sure what keeps drawing me back.

Random question: It seems like you all know eachother rather intimately. Do all of you basically live in the north east section of the united states? Or is the group going to this bronycon just commuting there?

Just out of curiosity. Maybe slightly jealous that everywhere but Georgia gets cool stuff happening to it...

Random comment: Yeesh, the Sonic Fanbase. I'd say that there probably hasn't been a worse fanbase in existance... The one thing I think I dislike most about the Sonic Fandom situation is how few people understand how many hands Sonic has gone through. I don't actually remember how many of the origonal staff for Sonic are still around. But the ideas on him change more than most people change their underwear...

Although I've always liked Sonic. Started on Sonic 2, and enjoyed most games since (06 doesn't deserve to be counted as a game at all, being borderline broken). Shadow didn't need to use Guns to be awesome, and the Werehog (which really, he's basically a Werehog anyway, since Were means man and he's an anthropomorphic hedgehog) was meh compared to regular Sonic, but I still had a good time with both of those games. And he's been doing better since then, in my opinion.

Raised on Nintendo, so I'm completely biased, but I don't like how much shorter and more accessable Mario's become. Yes, it's about a profit in the end, but in some of the "more traditional" of the games (the New Super Mario Bros series, specifically), it feels like less and less is going into it. I suppose bringing it into 3D and all might be an excuse, but it's just not as challenging anymore, and it feels like it goes by too fast.

I haven't actually played Skyward Sword yet, but otherwise I'm sold on Zelda so far. ****ing awesome. Need to play Skyward Sword.

I also haven't actually played Other M, either, but I heard what happens to Samus' character... and I kinda don't want to touch it. I don't see how someone could do such a thing.....

Halo / GTA / Assassin's Creed simularities? What? I thought the simularities were in Grizzled Marines (Space or otherwise, possibly covered in a car) in Completely Gray / Brown areas, being borderline attached to walls and fighting against other species that have gained enough sentience to attach to walls as well (be those species aliens, mutants, or other soldiers). While the whole "New Halo Trilogy / Halo 4 / Reach / ODST" business leaves me feeling cautious, it's not nearly as bad as many of the things that it spawned...

Can't speek on the newer GTAS, but the old ones up to at least Vice City were epic. And Assassin's Creed's not bad.

.... is it obvious yet where my interests lie?

Forum Explorer, it took me 5 times to realise that you were indeed not advocating kidnapping children. I'm sorry for the confusion. I don't know why I was suddenly thinking about kidnapping kids. That's just odd.

And I know that most psychologists are supposed to be helpful. But that doesn't mean I'm not properly paranoid, just in case.

And Strife Warzeal (could have sworn that was Warweazel for a second), what definitions do you use for a Brony? I read up that there are 7 stages of Bronydom, and (assuming I admit to being down that road at all) I think I'm at stage 2, mainly because I really haven't been able to sit down and watch the series yet to decide if I'm going up to stage 3 or back to stage 1. At least I'm open minded, though.

Wonder if they can be downloaded at all, so I can choose to watch them at my convenience when I have a minute. If they're up for free on Youtube, seems like that's not completely unreasonable. Then again, the DVDs are hard as heck to find, and the Season Volumes don't even exist in my neck of the world, so...

So much seems to happen here while I'm stuck in Hell or recovering from Hell...

22. - Top - End - #1132

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    *GASP!* NEW. BRONY. AND HE LIKES DERPY/DOCTOR.

Welcome! Please take this brohoof! /]*[\
    Thanks for the brohoof! It's nice to have a familiar place to discuss the show.

23. - Top - End - #1133
    Orc in the Playground

On the topic of old characters, I feel Trixie should return. I don't personally like Gilda, but she could comeback for the same reasons I'm about to state.

The return of Trixie would not only please the fans, but it would also be easy for the writers. Simply have a remorseful Trixie return and try to make friends, trying to make up for her old ways. The script basically writes itself.
    mikej

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Smiling Knight View Post
    Just to save time:

Giacomo: Monks are as strong as wizards with UMD and partially charged wands.

[Respected forum members]: No they are not.

Giacomo: Yes they are. You all just abuse the rules.

[Rfm]: No u

G: No u

Repeat until someone challenges G to duel, which then never happens.

24. - Top - End - #1134
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks! But I'm the opposite, I think 11 has better storylines due to Moffatt, RTD's stuff sometimes got boring and predictable.
    Ick no, he got too caught up in the Doctor's own awesomeness. Plus the Silents are too like Weeping Angels and Vashta Nerada for my taste, and kinda lacking in villains as well. And well.... River Song is an interesting character but her actual background is straight outta fanfic. (Though RTD had Rose who's also problematic)

Course I think my fave Doctor walks on four legs.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    I agree with you completely. Now I would like to see Trixie/Gilda again but I would like it to be on the writer's terms, ie. They've thought of a cool idea they want to use for their characters and are showing us it. Not as shameless fanbase pandering. Not sure what you mean by Discord reappearing for meta-reasons.
    Basically if there's the budget for John De Lancie it becomes something of a shame for him to not show up again in some capacity is all. Why did they go for Q himself instead of a knock-off last time around, because it was awesome that's why. Doing it again once would still be awesome at least one more time. (Though I should stress this has limits too)

Basically while they may not be recurring roles the other antagonists aren't special guest stars either. Even more DisQord isn't quite a need of the show, like a lot of fans seem to think for all the antagonists.

Also they aren't quite as awesome as Discord was but that's another issue.

25. - Top - End - #1135
    Troll in the Playground

@INo - as far as knowing each other, we've all talked on this forum and some on irc or Skype but the has pretty much been the first IRL meeting as a group. It has also been amazing! Something that happens to a lot of us is that we came for ponies but stayed for the community. It's something this trip has really reaffirmed for me.
    Last edited by the_druid_droid; 2012-07-01 at 02:21 PM.
    This Machine Surrounds Hate And Forces It To Surrender

DD, your unicorn is stronger, prettier, and higher-ranking than mine, and her secret lab has a better name than mine. THERE SHALL BE NO QUARTER.
    Ponythread Learns to Draw!

Spoiler
    Show
    Bleeeeh! Alfalfa Monster!

26. - Top - End - #1136

Oh god. I love This fanfic so much.

It's too perfect. Makes cloud kicker best pony forever and ever.
    I haven't read that yet just because I don't like to jump into incomplete stories where there's only a chapter or two written, so it goes into my giant "to read" pile.

However, the same author also has a really excellent Dresden Files/ponies crossover you should check out if you like the Dresden Files.

If you haven't read the Dresden Files, and you like modern day urban fantasy, go read the Dresden Files

You're not the first to give this advice, but you're in good company with Steve Jobs. I pretty much agree as well. People don't know what they want. If you really want to do something well, you have to put in the effort to figure out what people want (which requires thinking, not market surveys) and then tell them why they want it in a way that's convincing.
    I think I remember reading a Henry Ford quote to the same effect, and I think Yahtzee said something similar during his Monkey Island review.

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    There are tons around, this is my favorite so far.

Though for Mario based things, this overworld remix tops it, hands down.
    That same guy has actually nearly the entire Sonic 3 soundtrack at this point, poke around his other videos. He's ridiculously prolific.

Guess they got the CMC as guests. Watch out for tree sap.

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    This has truly been a fascinating group... I'm not sure what keeps drawing me back.

Random question: It seems like you all know eachother rather intimately. Do all of you basically live in the north east section of the united states? Or is the group going to this bronycon just commuting there?

Raised on Nintendo, so I'm completely biased, but I don't like how much shorter and more accessable Mario's become. Yes, it's about a profit in the end, but in some of the "more traditional" of the games (the New Super Mario Bros series, specifically), it feels like less and less is going into it. I suppose bringing it into 3D and all might be an excuse, but it's just not as challenging anymore, and it feels like it goes by too fast.

I haven't actually played Skyward Sword yet, but otherwise I'm sold on Zelda so far. ****ing awesome. Need to play Skyward Sword.

I also haven't actually played Other M, either, but I heard what happens to Samus' character... and I kinda don't want to touch it. I don't see how someone could do such a thing.....
    I live in DC, but did not make the trek to Bronycon (cons weird me out a little bit, to be honest, although it sounds like they can be a lot of fun if you go with friends). However having hung around this thread for coming up on a year now you absolutely get to know the regulars. And the topic tends to wildly diverge from ponies a lot of the time. It's a pretty solid little community.

Other M... well I've never actually played it but after I watched the Unskippable episode that MST3K the opening cut scene I pretty much concluded that I would never ever be trying it. It's THAT bad.

As for Mario, I'll give them some credit for trying to tweak the game here and there, but they do tend to be on the easy side. I think that's more about us getting better than them getting easier, though. If you copied every level from Mario 3 pixel for pixel into the NSMB level format where you get a checkpoint every 4 levels and effectively infinite lives I don't think that game would be a challenge either.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

27. - Top - End - #1137

I haven't read that yet just because I don't like to jump into incomplete stories where there's only a chapter or two written, so it goes into my giant "to read" pile.

However, the same author also has a really excellent Dresden Files/ponies crossover you should check out if you like the Dresden Files.

If you haven't read the Dresden Files, and you like modern day urban fantasy, go read the Dresden Files
    It's great. Best borderline clop fic about a background pony who draws so many parallels with Charlie Sheen she almost rivals him for pure laugh factor I have ever read. To be fair, it's the only fan fic I've ever read that fits that description, but it's definitely in the top 10 fan fics, and I've read a lot of fan fics.

Dresden Files will probably be added to that list, but I've got like 42 chapters of fics in my backlog, and another whole window of pages open already. Gotta get to reading...

I live in DC, but did not make the trek to Bronycon (cons weird me out a little bit, to be honest, although it sounds like they can be a lot of fun if you go with friends). However having hung around this thread for coming up on a year now you absolutely get to know the regulars. And the topic tends to wildly diverge from ponies a lot of the time. It's a pretty solid little community.
    Yeah, it would have been fun to meet some of the Ponythread guys, but I couldn't make it to Bronycon this time. There will always be another, though.

I've only been here a few months, but Ponythread is pretty awesome. Every time I think I've figured this place out, it gets just a little more crazy.

28. - Top - End - #1138

And Strife Warzeal (could have sworn that was Warweazel for a second), what definitions do you use for a Brony? I read up that there are 7 stages of Bronydom, and (assuming I admit to being down that road at all) I think I'm at stage 2, mainly because I really haven't been able to sit down and watch the series yet to decide if I'm going up to stage 3 or back to stage 1. At least I'm open minded, though.

Wonder if they can be downloaded at all, so I can choose to watch them at my convenience when I have a minute. If they're up for free on Youtube, seems like that's not completely unreasonable. Then again, the DVDs are hard as heck to find, and the Season Volumes don't even exist in my neck of the world, so...

So much seems to happen here while I'm stuck in Hell or recovering from Hell...
    I wish I could bother to draw, so I could make a warweazel... moving on.

My definition is very broad, basically amounting in "you like stuff". If you like the art(fan or otherwise), the music(same), the parodies, the people(I like us at least), the mash-ups, the crossovers, etc. you are a brony. This leads to me considering people that don't consider themselves a brony, a brony.
    Personally, I've actually kinda hated the 'tiers' or 'stages' of brony or any fandom for that matter. It feels weird trying to measure a liking of a subject off of some random things a person (or people) arbitrarily decided. I mean, some guy that can't be bothered (or able) to buy something, in this case toys pretty much, it makes him less of a fan than another guy?

As far as episodes, you can watch on youtube and netflix(in the US and Canada I think), and download from itunes. That is about it, legally.

Since several people are new here, we have a steam group over here still trying to get info to organize games, an IRC (I use mibbit to connect), recently a tumblr,and you have probably been added to this list by posting here.

I think that's most external links, do we have a skype group or anything else?
    My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: The Thread, The Game, The Tumblr.
    Human Crossings Avatar made by Thanqol

29. - Top - End - #1139
    Ettin in the Playground

So I can hope to see this and many more pictures in the future? Sweet.

I never would have been able to just walk up and ask Lauren Faust for a hug. Maybe I would have said how awesome she was, but I'm too awkward for a hug. Good on ya for the confidence.
    I dunno about many more pictures. Although Braz did manage to make her first picture of me a facepalm, so you'll probably see that.

Pictures shall be provided I hope.

Also what was the restaurant. Still in Jersey or did you ponies all cross the river?
    We have not strayed far from home. If it's more than five minutes away, it's too far. Thus far, at least.

Just out of curiosity. Maybe slightly jealous that everywhere but Georgia gets cool stuff happening to it...
    Ah'm Texan. And we've got ourselves blokes from as far out as California and England.

Isn't that the beautiful thing about the Internet?

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    @INo - as far as knowing each other, we've all talked on this forum and some on irc or Skype but the has pretty much been the first IRL meeting as a group. It has also been amazing! Something that happens to a lot of us is that we came for ponies but stayed for the community. It's something this trip has really reaffirmed for me.
    I have acquired hugs and the knowledge of how absolutely awesome these ponies are. Also, a whole bunch of merchandise and the chance to hug Lauren Faust and get signatures from the coolest ponies. And basically the kind of experience of which I'd dreamed once I was small. Everypony did gather round, said I looked lovely on the town, and what I didn't know was that the line would fill the haaaaaaaaaaall~
    freedom in the flame

Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #1140
    Titan in the Playground

That sounds easy but would be hard to do. All abridged series do much the the same. Trying to construct a story from animation would likely result in the editing quality getting worse because you would inevitably find the only thing that matched the demands of the story is visually dissonant.
    I'm not too familiar with a lot of abridged series, but FiW does do something different than what I've seen elsewhere, and it does have to do with being ... too close to the original is the best I can put it. Yes, other series do it too to some degree, and sometimes they probably get it wrong too, step over the line I guess. There's a point after which it becomes too much, too obvious, where it jumps out at you all the time and ... breaks immersion, that's exactly what happens I think. It's jarring.

It's little things mostly, but all the time, like in the most recent FiW with the whole Pipi...something promise instead of Pinkie Promise and the gags that go with that. It's hard to explain the exact issues here. I don't think I can do it better than I already have.

Maybe it's just personal taste, though. Maybe it doesn't stand out as much to some people as it does to others.