New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony 2F: Ponibooru, We Hardly Knew Ye...

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    As far as episodes, you can watch on youtube and netflix(in the US and Canada I think), and download from itunes. That is about it, legally.
    I'm pretty sure that the YouTube isn't legal, but Hasbro doesn't seem to be making a big deal about taking down episodes. They do take them down if they become aware of them, since they're required to protect their copyright or whatever, but it's not to the extent that, say, Star Wars gets rooted out and removed.
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Barbarian in the Playground

Thought I might come and ask pony thread (blessed be that it still exist) If it would like to give a listen to my newest hobby, so to speak...

Death Note Dub
    Death Note Dub 2

I'm working up to hopefully try out for some roles as... well, anything really. =3 though I did find a pair on Youtube that want gender swapped voices for characters from My little pony, so this is related, in some strange way.

A toll, perhaps as a thread derail?

Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #1143
    Banned

Today has consisted of a long Nap, a short confused dressing period, gaggles of ponyfolk, and an interesting meet and greet.

Celestia did not have pink hair as a young princess. In line with the style of midieval frescos, the pony artists of the time rendered her in solid colors.

John delancie is envious of Tara Strong's ability to always have a funny voice when she does things. For her part, Tara doesn't want people to look at her butt when she signs posters, but encourages you to look at Delancie's. Delancie accused the crowd of checking out ms. Faust, which elicited a strut and some swagger from the Fausticorn.

Man. Today was pretty swell.

Oh! And Braz is like, the amateur pony socialite. How she met ms. Faust? Said ma. Faust turns around while Braz was eating an hors d'oeuvre, an he responded with "ugh! You're not supposed to turn around while I'm chewing something!" and they began to schmooze. It was masterfully done.

-

Celly's VA is stylin'. Gorgeous (appropriately aurora-colored) dress and downplayed, contrasting and complimentary colors for shoes, nails and coat.

Canadian Fluttershy: Yay, eh~

Recording sessions take around four hours, mostly because they spend the time hiding off in character.

-

"um, I don't know about twitter, because sometimes Twilight wears a saddle, and"
    "WWHAT?! Spike I do not wear a saddle!"
    "... But--"
    "you are on a BIG time out, mister! Go ahead and tweet that. Put it on twitter; Spike is on time out."

-

Daaaang, Celly.
    If ever there was a woman who rocked the dress it is Nichole Oliver.

Did you know Rarity was supposed to have an English accent? Faked of course. They settled on giving her crazy-tacky parents.

-

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    This has truly been a fascinating group... I'm not sure what keeps drawing me back.

Random question: It seems like you all know eachother rather intimately. Do all of you basically live in the north east section of the united states? Or is the group going to this bronycon just commuting there?
    Braz and I hail from Gallophonia. Raindrop and his brother (who I have dubbed Dewdrop because.) are from Neigh Jersey. The Druid Droid comes from corn, oh Luna the corn Illineighs (really stretching on that one yeah?), Vorpal Bob, predominantly an IRC and Skype pony, flew down from Canada. We were unable to equip him with the requisite amount rope to bring Midnight with him. Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie. Kairaven is a gentleman and a scholar, and I'd like to step out of characterized pony pun delivery to bring that up.

I trust that we will all be united across time and space in applause over Kairaven. He is one of the better examples of bronydom I've met. I'm honored I have met you, mate.

Let's see, who else? Pendulous is here somewhere, but was unable to be located. Orzel may have been here as well, though I wasn't able to find him.

The January broNYCon also featured a rather swell colt from Germaney, who gave us cake because it would have gone bad had we not eaten it.

Well all just came to a con to see John Delancie and Lauren Faust (and Tara Strong, and Nichole, and Meghan, and...) and happened to have networked before hand. We all wanted To go, but probably couldn't have on our own. The original idea was to Road Trip from California to New Jersey, and pick up who we could on the way! That didn't work, though. We could afford a room, others could get there but not afford a room.

Of course, we've also just been nice. I used my overshirt to clean up spilled soda so it wouldn't shut down a lane. Braz and Diego both made a habit of finding money an returning it to its rightful owners. Because its kind of dumb to say "love and tolerate! Generosity! Etc!" an not mean it, you know?

Although I've always liked Sonic. Started on Sonic 2, and enjoyed most games since (06 doesn't deserve to be counted as a game at all, being borderline broken). Shadow didn't need to use Guns to be awesome, and the Werehog (which really, he's basically a Werehog anyway, since Were means man and he's an anthropomorphic hedgehog) was meh compared to regular Sonic, but I still had a good time with both of those games. And he's been doing better since then, in my opinion.
    I've enjoyed every sonic game I've ever played, although Sonic Adventure had that fishing part that just... Sucked. So bad.

Raised on Nintendo, so I'm completely biased, but I don't like how much shorter and more accessable Mario's become. Yes, it's about a profit in the end, but in some of the "more traditional" of the games (the New Super Mario Bros series, specifically), it feels like less and less is going into it. I suppose bringing it into 3D and all might be an excuse, but it's just not as challenging anymore, and it feels like it goes by too fast.
    Nintendo has made a decision to not go in for Hard-core gamers, and instead focus on the casual crowd. The nature of the beast is that the games they make are easier and more fun to just pick up and fiddle with. They lose some depth, but hey. The games are still fun, right? All that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by mikej View Post
    On the topic of old characters, I feel Trixie should return. I don't personally like Gilda, but she could comeback for the same reasons I'm about to state.

The return of Trixie would not only please the fans, but it would also be easy for the writers. Simply have a remorseful Trixie return and try to make friends, trying to make up for her old ways. The script basically writes itself.
    Eeeehhhhhh... No.
    We have the fashion horse who is not utterly shallow in the usual sense, and is mindful and generous.
    We have the tomboy athlete who enjoys reading and likes fun things like fashion shows.
    We have the Book worm antisocial pony, who otherwise still managed to actually correctly apply what she read and excel in a contest of strength and stamina.
    We have the economically minded worker pony who is bad a profit due to preferring to be nice, but who is still business savvy and not a total pushover, an who manages to be the bland honest one but still fit in snark.

Having the repentant antihero who shows up trying to mend her ways, that's... Bland. Uninteresting. More importantly, That is not how Trixie behaved at all. She wouldn't show up with a whole new personality. She's not Bon-Bon's voice. If Trixie returned, she woul probably be a better person but still proud, still arrogant, and not at all subservient to the mane cast. Which absolutely does not write itself, or there would be only a single definitive fanfic of it instead of what we have.

Quote Originally Posted by the_druid_droid View Post
    @INo - as far as knowing each other, we've all talked on this forum and some on irc or Skype but the has pretty much been the first IRL meeting as a group. It has also been amazing! Something that happens to a lot of us is that we came for ponies but stayed for the community. It's something this trip has really reaffirmed for me.
    "And was totally worth the trip to dine on the delicate sweet meats of the human emotional spectrum~!"

Oh yeah. I am stoked again. It's nice to have this kind of refresher. It's one thing to think 'man, my life is going the wrong way' and another entirely to see where you should be heading.

-

Completely unrelated, I think I will work on cosplaying Thistle next year. And working on props for other ponies. although changeling has a lot of potential...

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Noctemwolf View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Alright, Internet. You win. I followed your advice on ponies, now it's time to go watch Gurren Lagann.

...huh, it's on Netflix. Score!
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

5. - Top - End - #1145

Quote Originally Posted by Siosilvar View Post
    Alright, Internet. You win. I followed your advice on ponies, now it's time to go watch Gurren Lagann.

Gurren Lagaan has been on my list of things to watch for a long time now =3
    Wait, it IS on Netflicks?

*will be gone for a long time*

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Eakin View Post
    I live in DC, but did not make the trek to Bronycon (cons weird me out a little bit, to be honest, although it sounds like they can be a lot of fun if you go with friends). However having hung around this thread for coming up on a year now you absolutely get to know the regulars. And the topic tends to wildly diverge from ponies a lot of the time. It's a pretty solid little community.
    ...do you mean you actually live in DC, or in Northern Virginia? That's not meant to be insulting, that's a serious inquiry as to where you're at.

Other M... well I've never actually played it but after I watched the Unskippable episode that MST3K the opening cut scene I pretty much concluded that I would never ever be trying it. It's THAT bad.
    Can't bring up Other M without this fine critique from Extra Credits.

Bronycon: Oofa, makes me wish I could've gone. Perhaps next year, when I'm not on the other side of the world, I can meet all of you in person and stammer awkwardly as I don't have a keyboard to type out my thoughts well in advance of speaking them.
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-07-01 at 06:21 PM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

7. - Top - End - #1147
    Bugbear in the Playground

Umm... I can haz update on what the heck is going on here?
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

8. - Top - End - #1148
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maxtronaut View Post
    Umm... I can haz update on what the heck is going on here?
    Ponythread is happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Banned

Tengen Toppa Gurran Lagan is a good series. It is however, less good in the first quarter and spikes and plateaus regularly. Things don start to pick up until

[SPOILERS!]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kamina dies

As a whole, I recommend it. And it's pretty fun later on, but havin gone through all the learning I have with our writefriends on how characters and narrative structure can and do work, some parts were very "... Oh, how convenient. Insert trope. Insert joke. Insert rhetoric. Guy gets punched. Catchphrase." *watches as these come true in short order*

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    Bronycon: Oofa, makes me wish I could've gone. Perhaps next year, when I'm not on the other side of the world, I can meet all of you in person and stammer awkwardly as I don't have a keyboard to type out my thoughts well in advance of speaking them.
    It completely changes the experience. We are now in my favorite part of convention going; hanging out with my friends afterwards.

And it sort of table last time, but I will live up to my name and try to get as many ponythreaders to the next one as I can, even if I can't go. No promises though.

10. - Top - End - #1150
    Colossus in the Playground

Other M... well I've never actually played it but after I watched the Unskippable episode that MST3K the opening cut scene I pretty much concluded that I would never ever be trying it. It's THAT bad.
    Lucky you. I sat through a 100% Let's Play of the entire darn thing just to see exactly how bad it gets. The motto of the LP thread, repeated at the end of virtually every post, was "[Expletive] you, Sakamoto".

That one dude had absolute, total creative control over every detail that game. He should not have been given said power.

11. - Top - End - #1151
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Tengen Toppa Gurran Lagan is a good series. It is however, less good in the first quarter and spikes and plateaus regularly. Things don start to pick up until

[SPOILERS!]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Kamina dies

As a whole, I recommend it. And it's pretty fun later on, but havin gone through all the learning I have with our writefriends on how characters and narrative structure can and do work, some parts were very "... Oh, how convenient. Insert trope. Insert joke. Insert rhetoric. Guy gets punched. Catchphrase." *watches as these come true in short order*
    Follow the series with the movies. Or, at the very least, the second movie. The first is mostly skippable (you can find the one big new scene, "Simon's Rebirth," on Youtube easily enough).

12. - Top - End - #1152
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Ponythread is happening.
    That is always the answer.

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Titan in the Playground

So an update on me reading Clockwork.
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm starting to have issues with Clockwork being super smart. Or to be more accurate how you are deciding to portray that Clockwork is super smart.

The first minor thing was the speed he finished the test in. Pretty minor really but finishing a major test in record speed is pretty impossible just from the need to take time read each question and write the answer. It puts a hard physical limit on how long it takes to actually finish a test. Like I said though it was pretty minor and only shook my suspension of disbelief

The one that completely shattered my suspension of disbelief was being able to fluently speak a new language after only hearing a single sentence translated. This makes no sense at all. Especially from formal language like a prayer. Afterall how is he learning new words if he never heard them before? How is he even speaking it fluently having never articulated the words before? Honestly his wing magically turning into a gun and shooting bullets would make more sense.

Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

14. - Top - End - #1154

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    So an update on me reading Clockwork.
    Spoiler
    Show

I'm starting to have issues with Clockwork being super smart. Or to be more accurate how you are deciding to portray that Clockwork is super smart.

The first minor thing was the speed he finished the test in. Pretty minor really but finishing a major test in record speed is pretty impossible just from the need to take time read each question and write the answer. It puts a hard physical limit on how long it takes to actually finish a test. Like I said though it was pretty minor and only shook my suspension of disbelief

The one that completely shattered my suspension of disbelief was being able to fluently speak a new language after only hearing a single sentence translated. This makes no sense at all. Especially from formal language like a prayer. Afterall how is he learning new words if he never heard them before? How is he even speaking it fluently having never articulated the words before? Honestly his wing magically turning into a gun and shooting bullets would make more sense.

I took a gamble, & it doesn't seem to have been a good one. Where exactly did I put that he learned the entire language? He only learned chunks and pieces.

15. - Top - End - #1155
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

I wish I could bother to draw, so I could make a warweazel... moving on.
    Same, actually. I've wanted to make my own avatars and stuff, and I'm too proud to have someone do it for me. But these fingers are mainly good for using a fork or a keyboard.

My definition is very broad, basically amounting in "you like stuff". If you like the art(fan or otherwise), the music(same), the parodies, the people(I like us at least), the mash-ups, the crossovers, etc. you are a brony. This leads to me considering people that don't consider themselves a brony, a brony.
    Eh, I don't think liking a group makes you automatically part of a group. And while I can say that I don't -dislike it-, I really don't know enough about it beyond scratching the surface to say that I like it.

Personally, I've actually kinda hated the 'tiers' or 'stages' of brony or any fandom for that matter. It feels weird trying to measure a liking of a subject off of some random things a person (or people) arbitrarily decided. I mean, some guy that can't be bothered (or able) to buy something, in this case toys pretty much, it makes him less of a fan than another guy?
    It's nothing like a Tier. And the stages sound rather legit to me: Awarance, Curiosity, Trial, Conversion, Confliction, and Acceptance. And my former remark needs to be amended; I suppose I'm at the Trial state now.

As far as episodes, you can watch on youtube and netflix(in the US and Canada I think), and download from itunes. That is about it, legally.
    .... I have the incredible desire to submit a troll face here.

Eh, what the hell.

Since several people are new here, we have a steam group over here still trying to get info to organize games
    ... now this is something I could back, if I wasn't surfing the web on a toaster. It doesn't matter what your creed, background, or orientation of any kind is; there's nothing more I enjoy than gamers. I desperately need to get Steam.

I don't know what those are. Might have helped if I clicked the links.

and you have probably been added to this list by posting here.
    .... Excuse me for just a moment. My paranoia reflex just kicked in, and I'm fighting off a heart attack.

I think that's most external links, do we have a skype group or anything else?
    Eh. Not much for chatting anyway. I'm really only on Gitp because PBP D&D is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    Ah'm Texan. And we've got ourselves blokes from as far out as California and England.

Isn't that the beautiful thing about the Internet?
    It really is.

I'm pretty sure that the YouTube isn't legal, but Hasbro doesn't seem to be making a big deal about taking down episodes. They do take them down if they become aware of them, since they're required to protect their copyright or whatever, but it's not to the extent that, say, Star Wars gets rooted out and removed.
    I find the people taking down stuff to be largely incompotent. It's so odd to see Fan Based Parodies and other things blocked, when completely illegal full uploads of episodes get through untouched.

It's funny, actually.

Braz and I hail from Gallophonia. Raindrop and his brother (who I have dubbed Dewdrop because.) are from Neigh Jersey. The Druid Droid comes from corn, oh Luna the corn Illineighs (really stretching on that one yeah?), Vorpal Bob, predominantly an IRC and Skype pony, flew down from Canada. We were unable to equip him with the requisite amount rope to bring Midnight with him. Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie. Kairaven is a gentleman and a scholar, and I'd like to step out of characterized pony pun delivery to bring that up.

I trust that we will all be united across time and space in applause over Kairaven. He is one of the better examples of bronydom I've met. I'm honored I have met you, mate.

Let's see, who else? Pendulous is here somewhere, but was unable to be located. Orzel may have been here as well, though I wasn't able to find him.

The January broNYCon also featured a rather swell colt from Germaney, who gave us cake because it would have gone bad had we not eaten it.

Well all just came to a con to see John Delancie and Lauren Faust (and Tara Strong, and Nichole, and Meghan, and...) and happened to have networked before hand. We all wanted To go, but probably couldn't have on our own. The original idea was to Road Trip from California to New Jersey, and pick up who we could on the way! That didn't work, though. We could afford a room, others could get there but not afford a room.
    .... I see.....

Of course, we've also just been nice. I used my overshirt to clean up spilled soda so it wouldn't shut down a lane. Braz and Diego both made a habit of finding money an returning it to its rightful owners. Because its kind of dumb to say "love and tolerate! Generosity! Etc!" an not mean it, you know?
    That is pretty cool...

I've enjoyed every sonic game I've ever played, although Sonic Adventure had that fishing part that just... Sucked. So bad.
    I will admit that completely. There's little reason for Big the Cat to have been in anything in that game but Cutscenes. Although he was cool in Sonic Heroes.

Nintendo has made a decision to not go in for Hard-core gamers, and instead focus on the casual crowd. The nature of the beast is that the games they make are easier and more fun to just pick up and fiddle with. They lose some depth, but hey. The games are still fun, right? All that matters.
    Eh, I'm fine with them not being hardcore or anything, but the option for a higher difficulty would be nice, at least. If a game is made well enough, it's not a problem, but games are fun for me when they push me to my limit in terms of skill.

Probably why I'm still addicted to Kid Icarus Uprising. Oh my God Kid Icarus Uprising. <3

.... I wonder if any of you might have a 3DS.

Nothing like good anime... though I'm still oh so very partial to my Dragon Ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Lucky you. I sat through a 100% Let's Play of the entire darn thing just to see exactly how bad it gets. The motto of the LP thread, repeated at the end of virtually every post, was "[Expletive] you, Sakamoto".
    That you have the guts to is commendable. I really should, just so that my distain for it is justified. I feel one isn't allowed to dislike what one doesn't understand. Kinda my reason for being here, actually. I can't decide on a subject I have no knowledge of...

Then again, that philosophy had me waste money, time, and sanity trying to endure Twilight, so I suppose I have the right to be a bit cautious here and there.

That one dude had absolute, total creative control over every detail that game. He should not have been given said power.
    Wait, really? What about Kano? Hell, what about Miyamoto? Eww, one person having complete control over a project? That just sounds terrible.

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Titan in the Playground

I watched my roommate play through it. Perhaps the defining Bad moment for me was, after a rather large plot twist was revealed in a cut scene, the camera zooms in on Samus in a dramatic manner, clearly to convey to the player that Samus is just as surprised as we are.

And then we got a voiceover from Samus: "I was surprised by this revelation."

Among other flaws, the entire game is a lesson in how Showing and Telling is possibly worse than just Telling.

It completely changes the experience. We are now in my favorite part of convention going; hanging out with my friends afterwards.

And it sort of table last time, but I will live up to my name and try to get as many ponythreaders to the next one as I can, even if I can't go. No promises though.
    Looking forward to it, carpool or not.

17. - Top - End - #1157
    Titan in the Playground

Uploading to Youtube is not legal but watching is quite different. However it is strictly against board policy to link to pirate vids.

Celestia did not have pink hair as a young princess. In line with the style of midieval frescos, the pony artists of the time rendered her in solid colors.
    Fascinating. Say SiuiS are there any particular panels/events/etc we should find video of for juicy details like this?

John delancie is envious of Tara Strong's ability to always have a funny voice when she does things. For her part, Tara doesn't want people to look at her butt when she signs posters, but encourages you to look at Delancie's. Delancie accused the crowd of checking out ms. Faust, which elicited a strut and some swagger from the Fausticorn.

Man. Today was pretty swell.

Oh! And Braz is like, the amateur pony socialite. How she met ms. Faust? Said ma. Faust turns around while Braz was eating an hors d'oeuvre, an he responded with "ugh! You're not supposed to turn around while I'm chewing something!" and they began to schmooze. It was masterfully done.
    Even more fascinating.

Eeeehhhhhh... No.
    We have the fashion horse who is not utterly shallow in the usual sense, and is mindful and generous.
    We have the tomboy athlete who enjoys reading and likes fun things like fashion shows.
    We have the Book worm antisocial pony, who otherwise still managed to actually correctly apply what she read and excel in a contest of strength and stamina.
    We have the economically minded worker pony who is bad a profit due to preferring to be nice, but who is still business savvy and not a total pushover, an who manages to be the bland honest one but still fit in snark.

Having the repentant antihero who shows up trying to mend her ways, that's... Bland. Uninteresting. More importantly, That is not how Trixie behaved at all. She wouldn't show up with a whole new personality. She's not Bon-Bon's voice. If Trixie returned, she woul probably be a better person but still proud, still arrogant, and not at all subservient to the mane cast. Which absolutely does not write itself, or there would be only a single definitive fanfic of it instead of what we have.
    Not to mention when did Trixie become a better pony? She took off because her scam was exsposed, that's not the reaction of someone whom even considers reforming.

Heck even going with the idea it hardly writes itself. Why is Trixie repentant, how do the Mane Six react, what does this actually entail for action? What is the actions taken that bring the drama to a head. Does the idea even support 22 minutes. Afterall its not like Trixie did anything but lie improve her show, its a really small offense that the Mane Six all but brushed off in the episode. What makes it that right mix of funny, light-hearted, and heart-felt. Just a "poor poor Trixie" episode is terribly terribly weak.

Similar things apply to the other minor antagonists. The cast knows them, we know them, and there really isn't that much to the antagonists. They had their trick and now everpony is wise to it, not really anywhere to go there.

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Finn Solomon View Post
    Thanks for all the welcomes, guys! There's a lot of good Doctor/Derpy fanfics around, which is great because I love Derpy too. I especially like the mother-daughter relationship she has with Dinky, it's just so heartwarming and makes you feel good.
    Welcome Finn!!

Sorry for being a little late for your welcoming party (Ponythread moves too fast on weekends)

I recently found (I don't remember how) this comic of the Doctor. It has nice storytelling and has more pages than most out there. The art is not perfect but it's very expressive. Hope you like it.
    As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

Blackwing: I prefer to think of myself a super-advanced flying stealth dinosaur.

Forum Explorer: Reading or watching Cupcakes is like being shot. We honor your suffering but nobody wants it to happen.

19. - Top - End - #1159

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    ...do you mean you actually live in DC, or in Northern Virginia? That's not meant to be insulting, that's a serious inquiry as to where you're at.
    DC proper as of about two months ago, I'm near Dupont Circle.

NOBODY should have so much power over a production that the rest of the team is scared to veto obviously terrible ideas.

You don't have a link to the LP, do you? I might want to read that.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Titan in the Playground

DC proper as of about two months ago, I'm near Dupont Circle.
    That's not too far from I am, perhaps a meetup is in order sometime after I get back?

21. - Top - End - #1161
    Titan in the Playground

I took a gamble, & it doesn't seem to have been a good one. Where exactly did I put that he learned the entire language? He only learned chunks and pieces.
    FiM fiction is being a pain right now so I'm having trouble grabbing the exact quote....

Ah here we go

He quickly set his mind to work, reciting the two translations in his head. Several comparisons were made. In a matter of seconds, he had just unlocked a second language.
    Ok you didn't explicitly say that he learned the entire language but from the way this sentence was worded that's how I took it.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

22. - Top - End - #1162
    Firbolg in the Playground

The fact that he was able to extract, on two occasions, enough of the language to both pray and curse is telling. It just pulled me out of the story and made me say, "No way."

Quote Originally Posted by Soras Teva Gee View Post
    Not to mention when did Trixie become a better pony? She took off because her scam was exsposed, that's not the reaction of someone whom even considers reforming.

Heck even going with the idea it hardly writes itself. Why is Trixie repentant, how do the Mane Six react, what does this actually entail for action? What is the actions taken that bring the drama to a head. Does the idea even support 22 minutes. Afterall its not like Trixie did anything but lie improve her show, its a really small offense that the Mane Six all but brushed off in the episode. What makes it that right mix of funny, light-hearted, and heart-felt. Just a "poor poor Trixie" episode is terribly terribly weak.

Similar things apply to the other minor antagonists. The cast knows them, we know them, and there really isn't that much to the antagonists. They had their trick and now everpony is wise to it, not really anywhere to go there.
    The reason it's easy to write for Trixie is because she made an impact with only twenty minutes of screen-time, and is still out there somewhere. She came in, was flamboyant, taunted, and used fancy magic, and then left.

The tricky part for the show writers would be coming up with a canon reason for her to come back. It would probably take two episodes to deal with it, and not be worth the trouble.

As for Discord, the only reason it lasted so long last time was because they couldn't find the elements. If he were to come back, all they'd have to do is summon the Super Friendship Drill and zap him again.
    I run a Let's Play channel! Check it out!
    Currently, we're playing through New Vegas as Gabriel de la Cruz, merchant and mercenary extraordinaire!

23. - Top - End - #1163
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post
    As for Discord, the only reason it lasted so long last time was because they couldn't find the elements. If he were to come back, all they'd have to do is summon the Super Friendship Drill and zap him again.
    I'll probably need to get up to that point (only on Episode 4 now), but how do you Zap with a Drill? ... and why would you Zap with a Drill? It's a Drill! Just Drill with it!
    You can call me anything. I've been called Inkin, Nono, INo, Names, and NoKnow so far.

As of 7/20, I've gotten help in trying to get past a physical addiction that's been eating at my time, and finished recovering from a spot of trouble that ended up eeking into Self-Harm. I'm doing better now; here's hoping it lasts a bit longer...

24. - Top - End - #1164
    Titan in the Playground

I'll probably need to get up to that point (only on Episode 4 now), but how do you Zap with a Drill? ... and why would you Zap with a Drill? It's a Drill! Just Drill with it!
    Seriously, who zaps with a drill? Nobody, that's who.

But that is exactly why it works every time.

25. - Top - End - #1165
    Titan in the Playground

The fact that he was able to extract, on two occasions, enough of the language to both pray and curse is telling. It just pulled me out of the story and made me say, "No way."

The reason it's easy to write for Trixie is because she made an impact with only twenty minutes of screen-time, and is still out there somewhere. She came in, was flamboyant, taunted, and used fancy magic, and then left.

The tricky part for the show writers would be coming up with a canon reason for her to come back. It would probably take two episodes to deal with it, and not be worth the trouble.

Trixie coming back isn't that hard to come up for an excuse for. Off the top of my head she comes back to Ponyville in an attempt to redeem herself. And I don't mean saying sorry, but coming back to prove that she is the Great and Powerful Trixie.

For Discord what I would love to see is how he was originally defeated by Celestia and Luna. If they were to make a MLP FIM movie that's what I would want it to be.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

26. - Top - End - #1166

For Discord what I would love to see is how he was originally defeated by Celestia and Luna. If they were to make a MLP FIM movie that's what I would want it to be.
    Allmymoney.jpg

27. - Top - End - #1167

Two words: Laser. Drill.

Alternately, if you're in a system that supports such things: Electrified drill.
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

28. - Top - End - #1168

Ok you didn't explicitly say that he learned the entire language but from the way this sentence was worded that's how I took it.
    Ok, edited it a bit. Seem better than before?

29. - Top - End - #1169
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

But if they showed how Luna and Celestia beat Discord, then thousands of fan works would be ruined!

Actually, how Luna became Night Mare Moon would be my choice, although Discord would be second.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

30. - Top - End - #1170

Well, my happy meter just decreased by several dozen points.