New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Cristo's Consistently Confusing and Constantly Casual Random Banter #105

Sadly, Skynet is in the Military Base. I can't enter Military Base without dying a hundred times.

Or was it somewhere else? I probably died there, too.

Can't the Mr. Fix-it do it for me? He certainly has high enough skill for everything else.
    I use black for sarcasm.

Call me Rose, or The Rose Dragon. Rose Dragon is someone else entirely.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Cristo's Consistently Confusing and Constantly Casual Random Banter #105

Is Skynet a reference to Terminator?

I've only actually played Brotherhood of Steel(which apparently butchers Fallout) but I know it had a lot of pop culture references in it.
    I've got sixteen demon roaches, but they ate my cookies.
    My new website/blog:

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey! New Thread! And KH talk!

I so want the new game... I'm really excited about that one! And also about Chain of Memories being re-released for PS2 come December!

And also in the news... I got a phone call earlier today from my boss. She asked me to go back to work, only on weekends. That's cool, isn't it?
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Yer but make sure you're not pressured into anything by your boss.
    My new website/blog:

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    Sadly, Skynet is in the Military Base. I can't enter Military Base without dying a hundred times.

Or was it somewhere else? I probably died there, too.

Can't the Mr. Fix-it do it for me? He certainly has high enough skill for everything else.
    Yeah, its in the military base. It can be a real pain to get through, but Skynet is one of the best NPCs. you have to put a brain in a robot body and download him to it. The higher your Science skill, the better the brain you get and hence the better the character.

It has to be obscenely high (130 or so at least) to get the Cybernetic brain, but totally worth it if you are a science-minded character.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Bugbear in the Playground

I think I'll have to buy the fallout games. I've got tactics lurking somewhere. But the rest do look fun.
    I now have a blog. Have a look if you wish. It contains those naughty profanities that you won't find here. If you like what you read send me a PM, or if you don't like it. I'd like to know how many people here read it.

Avatar done by me. If you want one then you clearly have no taste. I'll do one happily. You just have no taste.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

There are other brains?

I never played a Scientific character, because I usually talked my way past everything.

I'm wondering, though, if you have an Intelligence of 10, can you obtain Vault 8 citizenship without dealing with the long Gecko quest?
    I use black for sarcasm.

If you need me for something, please PM me about it. I am having difficulty keeping track of all my obligations.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Rose Dragon View Post
    There are other brains?

I never played a Scientific character, because I usually talked my way past everything.

I'm wondering, though, if you have an Intelligence of 10, can you obtain Vault 8 citizenship without dealing with the long Gecko quest?
    Yes, but then the poor ghouls will get killed right?

9. - Top - End - #69
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    (looks at Empire: How Britain Made the Modern World sitting on the bookshelf)
    Define 'detailed notes'--are they comparable to biographical notes about your sources, or the info itself? Probably you need more detail than I currently have, though. I do so miss those slabs of textbook from Humanities.
    Don't worry; I have the text book.
    But the issue is (pardon my slip into religion here) how Catholic was the Settlement. Well, that's the condensed version of the textbook.

So I've got to page through this very slim book (it's not produced especially for A2 students; the course is just very good at picking out the best book for each module) picking out all these mundane deals like the Vestarian Controversy and whether it's actually more Protestant/Catholic and in fact, was it forced or not because of the whole thing where Liz didn't endorse it or not.
    Oh, plus I'm pretty sure I've got to factor in what little we've covered of foreign policy and stuff.

Basically, I've got all the information I need. But picking out the bits and deciding it's wholly one or a mix of both is annoying.
    The level of detail is excruciatingly dull and I can't stand planning out any essay. Ever.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by V'icternus View Post
    Why is it that you now scare me more than the possibility of nuclear war?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bath View Post
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    But Koorly is the sweetest crime.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

And Bob dies, too. But Bob is a tree, so it doesn't matter that much.
    I use black for sarcasm.

11. - Top - End - #71

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    The level of detail is excruciatingly dull and I can't stand planning out any essay. Ever.
    Same here, I can't stand outlining, planning, whathaveyou. Just let me do the bloody writing.

Hell, the outline (if you could call it that) for my novel is barely even 5 lines long...

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    Same here, I can't stand outlining, planning, whathaveyou. Just let me do the bloody writing.

Hell, the outline (if you could call it that) for my novel is barely even 5 lines long...
    As terse as my writing can be, my outlines can never be that short...
    I always had trouble explaining my story in a nutshell. ("Its a space story with aliens who fight?" )

13. - Top - End - #73

You have an outline?
    Even just for my little fics (less than 2 000 words per installation) I do no outlines.
    Or maybe a line.
    Say: 'Macbeth with an AMEN twist'. Or 'what if I did a faery AMEN Shakespeare story?'

My favourite ever outline (that I've said out loud) was 'this guy's creepy, there's a girl and a plot; something happens, I don't know what' because it was even vaguer then than it sounds now.

Spoiler
    Show
    To compare [Curly] to the beauty of the changing seasons or timeless stars would be an understatement.

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

14. - Top - End - #74
    Ogre in the Playground

I hate it too because even when i do plan I always go against the plan meaning I wasted time planning it.
    My new website/blog:

15. - Top - End - #75

Only reason I even have an outline was so I wouldn't forget the little ideas for scenes. If I ran out of things to write or got a new idea for a scene to put in, it'd go on a list, that list is in order of occurance, ergo it became my outline.

I look at it maybe once a week

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl
    'this guy's creepy, there's a girl and a plot; something happens, I don't know what'
    You just described my novel in a single sentence fragment.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Ogre in the Playground

For my next Fantasy project, I wrote a chapter-by-chapter outline that, in of itself, was about 70 pages long...

I make little variances as I write, but I can't go without plotting my course first. Would you sail across an ocean with naught but the wind at your back?
    Last edited by TwoBitWriter; 2008-10-21 at 03:19 PM.

17. - Top - End - #77
    Banned

The fragmentary 'outline' scans!

CurlyKitGirl: You've got more detail than I have here anyway. The best in that book for that question is a notation about the shield-shaped walls of Londonderry. (My book assumes that the answer to your question is Yes.)

TwoBitWriter: On the strength of Empire, I also bought Niall Ferguson's The War of the World, about the twentieth century's tendency to conflict. Even cutting out my distaste for military-themed information, it's not quite as readable, although of equal quality in the analysis.
    Last edited by Quincunx; 2008-10-21 at 03:21 PM.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Quincunx View Post
    and it scans!

CurlyKitGirl: You've got more detail than I have here anyway. The best in that book for that question is a notation about the shield-shaped walls of Londonderry.

TwoBitWriter: On the strength of Empire, I also bought Niall Ferguson's The War of the World, about the twentieth century's tendency to conflict. Even cutting out my distaste for military-themed information, it's not quite as readable, although of equal quality in the analysis.
    I did enjoy Ferguson's work on Empire and enjoyed the class thoroughly (almost as much as my class on 19th Century Germany)

And the 20th Century did kinda suck, didn't it? I would like to acquire that book.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBitWriter View Post
    I make little variances as I write, but I can't go without plotting my course first. Would you sail across an ocean with naught but the wind at your back?
    Yes, to be free!!!
    My new website/blog:

20. - Top - End - #80

Yes, just like that guy way back in the late 15th century did.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Would you sail across an ocean with naught but the wind at your back?
    YES.

I could focus on survival instead of all these silly things like school and such!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

22. - Top - End - #82
    Banned

E 7.99 plus shipping--it's a bit heftier than Empire. Your ability to buy it in dollars means it's almost certainly cheaper for you to buy it.

Strong euro vs. the dollar = shopping spreeeeeeeeee during last month's vacation! Everything was so cheap! and such variety! I'm sure we gave my family entirely the wrong impression about a devil-may-care credit-fueled lifestyle!

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ettin in the Playground

My writing style is this:

1) brief outline
    2) write down any crucial plot ideas I don't want to forget
    3) spew words onto the page as quickly as possible. Usuallly I don't even format chapters - it's just one great, big, long text.
    4) go back and read the whole thing; usually in this step I end up adding 10,000-20,000 words.
    5) format
    6) edit edit edit.

This is for novels. For short stories I don't outline at all because they're short enough that I can remember any theme I wanted to write into it. With essays, basically I write a sentence for each point, so for my essay on the changes wrought by the Black Death, I did

-Technology: because of the manpower deficit, the plague spurred a flurry of inventions to help workers
    -Religion: Jews were blamed, reign of church declined, flaggelants
    -Agriculture: pre-plague not enough food; post-plague, surplus

etc.

I've written enough essays that I can churn out thesis, body paragraph 1,2,3,etc., conclusion in my sleep. It really is a formula.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Cristo Meyers View Post
    Yes, just like that guy way back in the late 15th century did.
    Quote Originally Posted by dallas-dakota View Post
    YES.

I could focus on survival instead of all these silly things like school and such!
    We shall assemble a crew and embark at dawn's first light. who's supplying the rum? I'll bring limes, it's what us british do.
    My new website/blog:

25. - Top - End - #85

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider View Post
    With essays, basically I write a sentence for each point, so for my essay on the changes wrought by the Black Death, I did

-Technology: because of the manpower deficit, the plague spurred a flurry of inventions to help workers
    -Religion: Jews were blamed, reign of church declined, flaggelants
    -Agriculture: pre-plague not enough food; post-plague, surplus

etc.

I've written enough essays that I can churn out thesis, body paragraph 1,2,3,etc., conclusion in my sleep. It really is a formula.
    That's me most often.
    Ooh; I offered some help with that (black death's impacts of society by referring to art and suchlike methinks), did it go well?

Spoiler
    Show

Squid bones are lies.
    Bathatar!

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oregano View Post
    We shall assemble a crew and embark at dawn's first light. who's supplying the rum? I'll bring limes, it's what us british do.
    Lets first get over the problem of all of us three being on different landpieces.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

27. - Top - End - #87
    Ogre in the Playground

Yer but we're all in the playground but where will the ocean of the internet take us?
    My new website/blog:

28. - Top - End - #88
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dallas-dakota View Post
    Lets first get over the problem of all of us three being on different landpieces.
    I've heard that ships help with that. . .

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

I guess I am the only person who will certainly make landfall at his chosen destination. I'll see those of you who don't end up in the Locker or at the hands of a mutinous crew. I'll be establishing my colony and subjugating the natives after my well-plotted out journey, thank you very much.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Ogre in the Playground

Nonsense, our plan is just so crazy it might work.
    My new website/blog: