New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default The All New Prime20 Thread! [3.5/Prime20]

The All New Prime20!

What is Prime20? It's d20 with a few changes! For example-

• Races advance with level and increase in power!
    • No level adjustments!
    • Racial and General traits for all!
    • Classes without dead levels and with multiple build options built into every class.
    • High tier 3/tier 2 power levels for every class!
    • New Talent system for Rogues, Knights, Fighters, and Barbarians!
    • Feats that scale with level!
    • Condensed skills!
    • Monsters: easier to build, use, and put into a game!
    • Redone spells to keep the game breakers out but the awesomeness sealed in!
    • Optional rules to modify your campaign as you wish! Options for Low Magic, Mecha based, SciFi and other campaigns to keep the power level stable across the board!

And MORE!

Now, what's on the table?

To start, I currently have plans for over 30 races and classes.

But, the TO DO lists are the more immediate concerns. We have 10 races and 10 Classes to work on, and I will be posting them as soon as they are ready.

RACES
    Spoiler
    Show

Finished Races

RACES BEING MADE
    • Dwarves- Hardy mountain folk. Nuff said.
    • Elves- They grow small gods and bind them permanently to their souls.
    • Gnomes- Fun little curious humanoids.
    • Half-Orcs- Like the half-elves, except you kinda hope the Dad is the orc.
    • Halflings- These aren't Half-Ling, everyone else is simply a Doubleling! Good with Athletics and have a variety of lucky subraces.
    • Hobgoblins- Militaristic, tribal goblinoids.
    • Revenants- An almost-undead race. Not quite undead though.

RACES TO BE DONE EVENTUALLY
    • Aasimar- Humans with a touch of celestial ancestry, with the associated light powers. But light doesn't always necessarily mean good.
    • Avariels- Elves that angered the Sky God and are now forced to live in their sky cities and fly with their wings. Why was this a curse? They used to be bound to Earth spirits.
    • Cactacae- Giant cactus men. That is all.
    • Changelings- Humanoid shapeshifters of doppleganger decent.
    • Dragonborn- Humanoids blessed with draconic form by the dragon gods.
    • Dromites- Energy manipulating bug men.
    • Elans- Humans who gave up humanity for immortality.
    • Genasi- Humans with elemental ancestry.
    • Goblins- Sneaky little buggers, aren't they?
    • Goliaths- Tall, hulking giant-killing mountain men.
    • Grippli- Small sized frogmen, they come from different color tribes.
    • Half-Elves- Half human too.
    • Illumians- Humans with words for blood. Their words determine who they are.
    • Kalashtar- A telepathic people connected via their dream spirits. Communities of them are almost like a hive mind.
    • Khepri- Beautiful women from the neck down. Above that is a three foot long Scarab beetle.
    • Kobolds- Small, slightly draconic lizard men. Come have more lizardlike traits. They all love traps.
    • Lupins- Lycanthrope hating wolfmen. Different packs have different advantages.
    • Minotaurs
    • Nasara- Aquatic elves, drowned by an old Earth god, and saved by Mekater, god of the waves.
    • Orcs- Stronger, tougher and meaner than you. Though you may be smarter.
    • Raptorans- A race of birdmen. Sadly, Hawkman and Birdman aren't members.
    • Shadar-Kai
    • Thri-Kreen- Mantis men from the desert.
    • Tiefling- Humans touched with some demonic heritage.
    • Vodyanoi- Water-bending toad men.

CLASSES
    Spoiler
    Show

FINISHED CLASSES
    • Coming Soon

TO DO CLASSES
    • Ardent- The new Psychic Warrior
    • Binder- She calls upon the vestiges for power. The vestiges answer for momentary freedom.
    • Cleric- A priest of a god, his powers are dictated by his deity
    • Crusader- The new paladin. Any alignment, devoted to a god or philosophy for his power!
    • Fighter- A talented warrior with extra feats, abilities and talents over other classes.
    • Incarnate- The master of meldshaping.
    • Psion- He looks within himself for the mental power to fix the world.
    • Rogue- A talented theif, or assassin, or speaker, or whatever this one happens to be.
    • Sorcerer- Her blood gives her power both arcane and physical.
    • Mystery Class!

EVENTUALLY CLASSES!
    • Artificer- Arcane master of magic items
    • Barbarian- A savage with brutal tactics and talents
    • Bard- A minor arcane class who's tricks allow him to pick up a little bit of other classes.
    • Disciple- They bind the spirits of light and darkness, chaos and law to their souls to become more like unto a servant of their god.
    • Druid- A divine worshiper of nature and the related small gods, they have access to natural divine spells.
    • Heretic-A warrior that calls upon one of the spirits to aid him in battle.
    • Knight- A talented warrior sworn to a master.
    • Medic- When you're lost, hurt and in battle, the medic is your best friend in the world.
    • Monk- A master of ki, their body becomes a weapon.
    • Mystic- A divine caster of their own philosophy. Are they aided by a god or wish to become one?
    • Ninja- An elementally powered assassin, using their own ki to make order of the chaos of the elements.
    • Occultist- They call upon the vestiges for power, then use that power to gain the worship of the weak minded.
    • Ranger- A martial artist and hunter, most at home in their own climate. Feared in any climate.
    • Samurai- A warrior dedicated to a code and a fighting style and philosophy.
    • Shaman- A worshiper of the spirits, they gain divine power unlike that of any other divine class.
    • Shugenja- An elemental priest with a leaning towards having a more customized area of spells.
    • Soulblade- An warrior that mixes martial arts and incarnum.
    • Soulborn- A warrior so infused with incarnum that it becomes a part of them.
    • Soulknife- A unique combination of psionicist and martial artist.
    • Spirit Warden- They bind the spirits of nature as a binder does the vestiges.
    • Warblade- A burly martial artist, bigger and tougher than most.
    • Warlock- they made a deal for quick arcane power, with some being of amazing magical prowess.
    • Warlord- They either inspire by presence alone or by their amazing martial arts skills on the battle field.
    • Wilder- Her emotions turn into raw power for psionic expression.
    • Wizard- a learned man. Who just so happened to learn magic.

Also, things to make things fun.
    • Hero Points: For when you need something HEROIC!
    • Reserve Points: Points that represent catching a second wind, be it more Talent Points for a Talent User, gaining back extra HP by spending them, or ignoring a status effect for a turn.
    • Contact Points: for when you need to know a guy, but you never met a guy, so you just make up a guy.

And, for your convenience, The ALL OLD Prime20!
    Spoiler
    Show

CLASSES
    Bard
    Fighter
    Rogue
    Barbarian
    Cleric
    Druid (warning: Druid art may be slightly less than appropriate, depending on where you work)
    Sorcerer

RACES AND OTHER STUFFS
    Races
    Advancing Races as you Level
    All the Variants in Play

ALSO:

If anyone knows how to run a Wiki, PM me! I would love to have Prime20 running on a Wiki like our Rival (friendly rival, I actually love the work of Fax Celeste and have been inspired by it), d20 Rebirth.

Hey, I'd rather pick Fax as a rival than Gary Oak. Just syaing.
    Last edited by alchemyprime; 2010-09-07 at 07:52 PM.
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    Want some Pathfinder 1e homebrewed? Hit me up!
    Ted Kord Avatar by KPenguin!
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctemwolf View Post
    Thank you very much. you know, I think I like you, Prime. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    You, sir, have created the best Pokerman possible. Here is your medal. Everyone else can just give up.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The All New Prime20 Thread! [3.5/Prime20]

Fighter and Monk... if you can really make those work, then you will proven your claim of "This will be AWESOME!".

Races:
    Humans
    Elves
    Dwarves

One side note: Whenever doing something with dragons (half-dragons, feats, The Breath of Fire discipline, PrCs, etc , etc, etc) stop to consider the Wing Dragons. I think we established they are amazing enough for the settings (certainly I think I designed them with such levels of "WOW!" built in, and if I didn't you need to tell me so I can fix that), but almost all of the stuff for dragons that relates to breathweapons, and a lot of the stuff that doesn't... just goes right past them... I probably need to sit down a make them some feats that enhance their breath weapon (since most, if not all meta-breath feats are useless since it doesn't have damage, a saving throw, and is every round, instead of 1d4 rounds)... but I wouldn't say no if you beat me to it.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2010-09-02 at 10:18 PM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Firbolg in the Playground

Oh, it's great that you put this up now! I've been kicking you for almost a year to put this up, and I've loved just about everything you've run past me over that time. I'm busy right now, but tomorrow I'll give you more feedback on specifics, after looking everything over.

Edit: Ok, just read everything over, and found out that you just posted a list of things. Duh.

My 10 Class choices
    Spoiler
    Show

Ardent. I like the idea of the Psychic Warrior. What can I say. It's like an Arcane Warrior type, but cooler.
    Binder. Has always been one of my favourite classes, definitely deserves to be there.
    Cleric. Because you really have to have one.
    Warlock. See Binder.
    Sorceror. You know me, eh Alch? You knew I'd pick Sorceror.
    Rogue. I like rogues. Shoot me.
    Shaman. I don't think I've heard you talk about this one much, t'would be interesting t'hear.
    Disciple: See Shaman.
    Warblade: Sounds like an alternate take on Monk. Nice to round off me (caster-heavy) list.

My Top 8 Races
    Spoiler
    Show

Obviously we need Humans, and iirc, you did some interesting things with them, though I can't remember what.
    Elves, again, are iconic, and you were talking last month about having divided them up into 3 very different societies. I remember one involved basically absorbing a god as your soul, or something like that? Did you end up keeping that?
    KOBOLDS! Did you go with lizards, or did you go back to them being dog? Or did you use a mix of the two, like I've seen some places?
    Raptoran are always favourites.
    Vodyanoi, I don't remember. Consider me intrigued?
    Same with Khepri. Name reminds me of the Khemri of Warhammer Fantasy.
    Gnomes and Goblins are both cool, and let's round the list of with the Illumians.
    Last edited by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll; 2010-09-02 at 09:56 PM.
    Steampunk GwynSkull by DR. BATH

"Live to the point of tears"
    - Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by Wyntonian View Post
    What. Is. This. Madness.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

I don't know what the classes will be in finality, so I'll just what I'd like to see, regardless of name.

Spoiler
    Show
    • A spellcaster who doesn't know spells, but makes them up on the fly
    • A Wuxia inspired martial artist who uses ki (or chi, or atma, ect.) to run up wall, jump chasms, be a general badass fighting unarmed
    • Warrior infused with supernatural power, and can imbue his strikes with a plethora of effects (as in, more than just damage)
    • A binder. Yeah, pretty much just that
    • A melee fighter who primarily disables foes and is generally battlefield control the way it was meant to work.
    • An interesting archer, someone who can pull off a one-shot-one-kill assasination and then backflip onto a pair of horses while spraying the area with arrows.
    • A summoner, but not just someone who creates critters, but whose shtick is making pacts with supernatural being and drawing on their power
    • Fate/Luck mage, who doesn't use any overt magics, but forces improbable situations into reality.
    • Caster who warps reality, and reality warps back. Possibly draws from a freaky alien power source. (Not like, 1/100 chance that cthulu eats your face, but every spell has side-effects, and the more you cast, the bigger they get.)
    • The master of all trades. The guy who, in a world of magic, survives by being the best at every weapon, most skills, and generally is too cool to be burdened down by pesky things like 'realism'. (Action Points are key here)

Unfortunately, the Factotum is already very close to the last one, but I'm hoping you can do better.

5. - Top - End - #5

Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Oh, it's great that you put this up now! I've been kicking you for almost a year to put this up, and I've loved just about everything you've run past me over that time. I'm busy right now, but tomorrow I'll give you more feedback on specifics, after looking everything over.

Edit: Ok, just read everything over, and found out that you just posted a list of things. Duh.

My 10 Class choices
    Spoiler
    Show

Ardent. I like the idea of the Psychic Warrior. What can I say. It's like an Arcane Warrior type, but cooler.
    Binder. Has always been one of my favourite classes, definitely deserves to be there.
    Cleric. Because you really have to have one.
    Warlock. See Binder.
    Sorceror. You know me, eh Alch? You knew I'd pick Sorceror.
    Rogue. I like rogues. Shoot me.
    Shaman. I don't think I've heard you talk about this one much, t'would be interesting t'hear.
    Disciple: See Shaman.
    Warblade: Sounds like an alternate take on Monk. Nice to round off me (caster-heavy) list.

My Top 8 Races
    Spoiler
    Show

Obviously we need Humans, and iirc, you did some interesting things with them, though I can't remember what.
    Elves, again, are iconic, and you were talking last month about having divided them up into 3 very different societies. I remember one involved basically absorbing a god as your soul, or something like that? Did you end up keeping that?
    KOBOLDS! Did you go with lizards, or did you go back to them being dog? Or did you use a mix of the two, like I've seen some places?
    Raptoran are always favourites.
    Vodyanoi, I don't remember. Consider me intrigued?
    Same with Khepri. Name reminds me of the Khemri of Warhammer Fantasy.
    Gnomes and Goblins are both cool, and let's round the list of with the Illumians.
    Gwyn, rest assured, these are the Elves, the society that's all about growing little spirit gods in a big ritual to reach adulthood and then fusing them to their soul.
    Except for, of course, the ones that fail.
    Kobolds will have a heavy dragon/lizardy theme here. To the point they will even have... either an acidic bite or a breath weapon, haven't picked yet.
    Vodyanoi... think water bending toad people.
    Khepri are another race from China Meiville, and a favorite of mine. Beautiful women with dark red skin from the neck down... and their heads are three foot long scarab beetles.
    Disciple will be the not so dark and forbidden Binder. So they bind spirits that act more like angels and such, or shadowy spirits than demonic or vestigial forces.
    Shaman... they will be a fusion of, me thinks, the Dragon Shaman, the Spirit Shaman and the Totemist. So a little bit Incarnum, a little Divine magic, and a little bit Auras all around.

Quote Originally Posted by Tael View Post
    I don't know what the classes will be in finality, so I'll just what I'd like to see, regardless of name.

Spoiler
    Show
    • A spellcaster who doesn't know spells, but makes them up on the fly
    • A Wuxia inspired martial artist who uses ki (or chi, or atma, ect.) to run up wall, jump chasms, be a general badass fighting unarmed
    • Warrior infused with supernatural power, and can imbue his strikes with a plethora of effects (as in, more than just damage)
    • A binder. Yeah, pretty much just that
    • A melee fighter who primarily disables foes and is generally battlefield control the way it was meant to work.
    • An interesting archer, someone who can pull off a one-shot-one-kill assasination and then backflip onto a pair of horses while spraying the area with arrows.
    • A summoner, but not just someone who creates critters, but whose shtick is making pacts with supernatural being and drawing on their power
    • Fate/Luck mage, who doesn't use any overt magics, but forces improbable situations into reality.
    • Caster who warps reality, and reality warps back. Possibly draws from a freaky alien power source. (Not like, 1/100 chance that cthulu eats your face, but every spell has side-effects, and the more you cast, the bigger they get.)
    • The master of all trades. The guy who, in a world of magic, survives by being the best at every weapon, most skills, and generally is too cool to be burdened down by pesky things like 'realism'. (Action Points are key here)

Unfortunately, the Factotum is already very close to the last one, but I'm hoping you can do better.

Actually, funny you should mention these.
    1. I was looking at making a class with this, but I was going to save that until after the Sorcerer was done. It may be recombined back into the sorcerer, as an earlier draft could do just that by burning spell slots.
    2. So... the monk and the ninja.
    3. Well, you're in luck, as that describes the Ardent with his powers and Psionic Strikes, the Crusader with his Smites and the Heretic with his Heresy Strikes, as wella s Soulknife and Soulblade.
    4. Well, we will have Binder (Dark and forbidden), Disciple (possessed by spirits of angels, dragons, heroes, villains, demons, giants, etc.) and Spirit Warden (binds to nature spirits and urban spirits). And heretic is the Binder equivalent of an Ardent or a Crusader.
    5. This is... surprisingly, our fighter, and to a milder extent, the barbarian, knight, rogue and warlord. But this is fighter's main deal. Taking down his enemies with effects and fancy moves, but not with martial arts (maneuvers).
    6. So, the Archery path Ranger and a long ranged Rogue it is!
    7. That's our Spirit Warden!
    8. I... will have to get back to you on that one. It may be cool for a witch...
    9. Sorcerers are similar in effect: They cast crazy spells, and their bodies can mutate as they level, as does their casting. Perhaps we can refluff a sorcerer to fit this? Or you could take an aberrant path ability?
    10. This is our bard, inside and out. His Tricks system is essentially he uses Trick Points as he levels to buy Tricks he picks up, slightly less powerful versions of other classes powers. Fighters get Weapons Training, increasing power in a weapon group and granting a useful ability. Bards only get the ability.

But a good example would be the bard from our first playtest. He had a few Black Rain maneuvers, the Bolt psionic power, and a nice slew of arcane bard spells and a +1d6 Skirmish. And proficiency in Fire Arms, of course. A lot of gunslinging from him, much of which was used on a few Frost Giants to great effect.

Oh, btw, from what I noticed: This was a Level 7 party, and they took down 2 Frost Giants riding Frost TRexes and an Adult White Dragon. With no kills. The paladin did get knocked out once, but still. Very easily, they took out a CR 13 encounter without really breaking a sweat. A party of a bard, a wizard, a paladin, a druid and a cleric. Not a CoDZilla Cleric or Druid, either. So we need to redo the monsters me thinks.
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show
    You, sir, have created the best Pokerman possible. Here is your medal. Everyone else can just give up.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground

I can't say I have any preferences for iconic classes and races, but I assure you, if Orcs/Half-Orcs aren't playable RIGHT NOW I will cry.
    BANG → !
    OH LOOK AT HER/.../YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN/YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN MEAN/RICHARDS

7. - Top - End - #7

Hmm, sounds good, although my biggest beef with factotums is that they have too much magic in them.

For races I'd like to see:
    1. Something HIVEMIND, maybe insect-like, maybe psionic, but I want some HIVEMIND!
    2. A race of playable undead, Necropolitain does this pretty well, but I like more unique abilities on my races.
    3. An race that can interact with and turn ethereal. Possibly infused with magic, only partially in touch with reality, or something.
    4. A race that lives in floating cities! Racial flight, preferably not wings (although I'm having a hard time thinking of exactly what it should be)
    5. Racial Blindness + Blindsense (and maybe blindsight later with racial advancement) Flavor = underground people who lost the ability to see after not using their eyes for so long?
    6. Protoss. That is all.
    7. Yarg for Quasi-lycanthropic-beastmen! Racial raaaage!
    8. Chameleons are cool. Playable humanoids with controlable chameleon skin are cooler.

Also, link to where you have alpha/beta write-ups of these classes/races?

8. - Top - End - #8

Spoiler
    Show
    1. A spellcaster who doesn't know spells, but makes them up on the fly
    2. A Wuxia inspired martial artist who uses ki (or chi, or atma, ect.) to run up wall, jump chasms, be a general badass fighting unarmed
    3. Warrior infused with supernatural power, and can imbue his strikes with a plethora of effects (as in, more than just damage)
    4. A binder. Yeah, pretty much just that
    5. A melee fighter who primarily disables foes and is generally battlefield control the way it was meant to work.
    6. An interesting archer, someone who can pull off a one-shot-one-kill assasination and then backflip onto a pair of horses while spraying the area with arrows.
    7. A summoner, but not just someone who creates critters, but whose shtick is making pacts with supernatural being and drawing on their power
    8. Fate/Luck mage, who doesn't use any overt magics, but forces improbable situations into reality.
    9. Caster who warps reality, and reality warps back. Possibly draws from a freaky alien power source. (Not like, 1/100 chance that cthulu eats your face, but every spell has side-effects, and the more you cast, the bigger they get.)
    10. The master of all trades. The guy who, in a world of magic, survives by being the best at every weapon, most skills, and generally is too cool to be burdened down by pesky things like 'realism'. (Action Points are key here)

The 1st sound like True Sorcery from Green Ronin and 9 could use Relms_of_Chaos's Far Realms magic.
    Also, 'Prime, you should look to Oslecamo's Revised Monster Classes for Prime d20, because they are awesome!

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Hm... I'd like to see a base or prestige class that focuses on having a... let us call it a companion creature, one that is highly modular and scales in power with the character.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

10. - Top - End - #10

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mage-King View Post
    Hm... I'd like to see a base or prestige class that focuses on having a... let us call it a companion creature, one that is highly modular and scales in power with the character.
    Like the PF Summoner?

11. - Top - End - #11
    Troll in the Playground

Like the PF Summoner?
    ...I had forgotten about that.

How about a clas that gets far more powerful the lower its hp gets? That'll teach 'em to not kill it instantly.
    Extended Signature.

12. - Top - End - #12

...I had forgotten about that.

How about a clas that gets far more powerful the lower its hp gets? That'll teach 'em to not kill it instantly.
    Some of the tanking classes, as wellas a certain barbarian build, will have this in mind.

Also, this will be a monster ability with the Monster Advancement System I'm working on (MAS, Spanish for More)
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13

There is also the Eidolon Binder in these forums. It totally rocks!!

14. - Top - End - #14

Well, I was thinking to start, I'd post the human, so you'd get a general idea of what I'd want races to look like.

Human
    Spoiler
    Show

• +2 to one ability score: Human characters get a +2 bonus on one ability score of their choice at creation, to represent their varied nature.
    • Medium: Humans are Medium creatures, and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
    • Normal Speed: Humans have a base speed of 30 feet.
    • Bonus Feat: Humans select one extra feat at 1st level.
    • Skilled: Humans are proficient in one additional skill at 1st level. This bonus skill counts as a class skill, regardless of the human’s class.
    • Weapon Training: Humans are proficient with any one standard weapon of their choice, in addition to those granted by class proficiencies. This weapon must be chosen at 1st level and cannot be changed.
    • Human Versatility: Every day, humans get a Luck Point. A human may spend this point as a free action to gain either 3 HP or a +1 to a save for the rest of the day. Any save bonuses must be announed before the roll is made.
    • Background: Humans come in all shapes and sizes. Below are just a few examples. Like all backgrounds, you can pick one of the following as one of your two traits, or you can pick both off of the Trait list.
      Spoiler
      Show
      • Arctic Born- Due to walking on the ice all your life, you gain a +2 bonus on Survival checks, as well as Athletics checks to climb and Acrobatics checks to balance yourself.
      • Aventi- Aventi are aquatic humans. They can all breathe water and have a swim speed of 30 feet. They also can either gain Low-Light vision or a +1 to the DC of all Water spells they cast. They suffocate out of water after (Constitution Score x 2) rounds.
      • City Rat- You know how to live in a city on the mean streets (as opposed to the nice ones). You gain a +2 bonus to Stealth checks, and against a flat-footed opponent, you gain a +1d6 bonus to damage.
      • Deathtouched- Sometimes, ghosts or vampires get lonely and want something warm. Human women are good for that. Deathtouched are constant reminders of their trysts. All Deathtouched have Reist 5 to either Electricity or Cold, and have a +2 bonus to Stealth or Intimidate.
      • Desert Born- The desert is a deadly environment, and several times you have survived dust storms and long periods without water through sheer willpower. Each round your hit points are 0 or fewer, you can attempt a Death save. If this save succeeds, you can take a standard action that round, and you do not fall unconscious. You continue to lose one hit point each round while your hit points are below 0. Additionally, you automatically fall unconscious at –10 hit points and may die as normal thereafter.
      • Faithful- Once a day, your faith in your god grants you a +2 bonus to any one d20 roll. You must announce you are using this after the roll is made, but before the DM says it is successful or not.
      • Jungle Born- You have a +2 bonus against poisons and diseases, due to being exposed to a lot in your homeland.
      • Mongrelfolk- These are humans with the blood of gods know what other races in them. A little elf, maybe troll, is that dromite in there? +1 on saves against Enchantments and Poisons, and they gain a +1 on saves against spells or powers that ignores a specific race.
      • Mountain Folk- You have lived on the ledges of your mountain home all your life, the harsh winds whipping you constantly. You have a +2 bonus to checks or saves to keep from being knocked prone. In addition, they have an additional hit point every level.
      • Neanderthal- Neanderthals can tolerate 'severe cold' or 'severe heat' without needing to make Fortitude Saves. They also gain a +2 bonus to Perception and Survival checks.
      • Noble- You have a +2 bonus to all Diplomacy checks with nobles and officials. They also have a +2 to Knowledge (Nobility and royalty) checks.
      • Nomads- Nomads have lived their whole lives moving. This has granted them a +2 bonus to Ride checks and proficiency with shortbows, slings and bolos.
      • Sea Child- Unlike the Aventi, these humans just grew up near the beach or lived on a ship. Due to history of walking on ships and docks, you have a +2 bonus to Acrobatics checks to balance yourself. Also, you are very lucky at swimming. When ever you make an Athletics check to swim, you can roll 2 d20s and take the better of the two.
      • Sharakim- When demons kidnap a bunch of humans, orcs, elves and hobgoblins, there will be selective breeding. The results of these were the Sharakim, who look like just slightly buffer, hairier, more tone humans, and are connected to the shadows. They gain a +2 bonus to Stealth and Perception in areas of Shadowy Illumination, and a +1 Natural Armor bonus.
      • Underfolk- Living underground your whole life has let you adapt to the darkness. You have Darkvison out to 30 ft and a +4 bonus to Stealth checks around rocky terrain.
    • Languages: Humans begin play speaking Common. Humans with high Intelligence scores can choose any bonus languages they want.
    • Favored Class: Humans can choose any one class as their favored class at 1st level. Once made, this choice cannot be changed

How's that look to everyone? It is tweaked a little to make room for Weapon Groups (hence all weapons being Basic, Standard, Exotic or Doubled, rather than the Simple, Martial, Exotic rule) and for my skill system (less book keeping on skills over all, makes for a quicker character creation and makes Intelligence slightly more useful).
    Last edited by alchemyprime; 2010-09-11 at 12:24 PM.
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #15

Hmm, sounds good, although my biggest beef with factotums is that they have too much magic in them.

For races I'd like to see:
    1. Something HIVEMIND, maybe insect-like, maybe psionic, but I want some HIVEMIND!
    2. A race of playable undead, Necropolitain does this pretty well, but I like more unique abilities on my races.
    3. An race that can interact with and turn ethereal. Possibly infused with magic, only partially in touch with reality, or something.
    4. A race that lives in floating cities! Racial flight, preferably not wings (although I'm having a hard time thinking of exactly what it should be)
    5. Racial Blindness + Blindsense (and maybe blindsight later with racial advancement) Flavor = underground people who lost the ability to see after not using their eyes for so long?
    6. Protoss. That is all.
    7. Yarg for Quasi-lycanthropic-beastmen! Racial raaaage!
    8. Chameleons are cool. Playable humanoids with controlable chameleon skin are cooler.

Also, link to where you have alpha/beta write-ups of these classes/races?

Well,
    1. Kalashtar can easily fit that bill, especially with multiple Kalashtar. They will gain special benefits, through racial powers and racial feats.
    2. Revenants are there for you. Early player accessible, but totally mostly undead.
    3. Erm... I'm not sure. Maybe Ghost Elves? I was thinking of maybe making a Ghost template for those who aren't evil ghosts...
    4. Avariels work for you here?
    5. Grimlocks? I dunno, I'd rather not tackle this so early on, but maybe eventually.
    6. No. Bad kitty. You take your psionic maenads and your dragonborn and kobolds and you like them! Actually, Dromites may fit this best...
    7. Lupins?
    8. Maybe Grippli? Or Changelings?
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Ohh, thought of another thi-

KEKEKEKEKEKE!

-ng. Zer-

KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE!
    Extended Signature.

17. - Top - End - #17

Ohh, thought of another thi-

KEKEKEKEKEKE!

-ng. Zer-

KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE!

... No.

I do entirely plan for this to be a tactic of mid-level undead making priests and necromancers. Especially necromancers.

EAT SKELETONS FIENDS!

Anyway, any other votes for races or classes? Any other idea?
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18

I think you may need to use this as you use the thread more, but copy to your image hosting account first. I don't want problems when I use it.

19. - Top - End - #19

Quote Originally Posted by Dante & Vergil View Post
    I think you may need to use this as you use the thread more, but copy to your image hosting account first. I don't want problems when I use it.

... What's the smiley supposed to be? I'm a little lost. I like it though.

Also, I'm thinking I'll be making Fighter first. You will notice our Fighter bears a striking resemblance to the Pathfinder Fighter, in that he also has Weapon Training, Armor Training, the associated Masterys, and the classic feats.

Ours will also have Talents (a grand total of 15 of them, 3 of each level), and Veteran of Battle.

He'll gain one use per day per level. And each use has a basic power behind it: Reroll one failed attack roll. Simple, but it does keep the fighter as the best at being a fighter.
    Last edited by alchemyprime; 2010-09-06 at 01:52 AM.
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20

HIs eyes are sparkling in the light of awesome. It's something side characters in animes/manga do when watching the main characters do something awesome.

21. - Top - End - #21

Quote Originally Posted by Dante & Vergil View Post
    HIs eyes are sparkling in the light of awesome. It's something side characters in animes/manga do when watching the main characters do something awesome.
    Ah, cool then. That's what I thought it was. So, D&V, do you have any requests for our starting races and classes?
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #22

I vote for the Monk.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Troll in the Playground

No KEKEKEKEKEKE yet?

A class that pilots mecha. And a tiny race that pilots Medium sized mecha.
    Extended Signature.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Well Alch, my vote for the races would be: Orcs, Half-Orcs and Goblins. Class wise, I'd have to pick Barbarians, Shamans and Clerics.
    "Do not anger a bard...for you are silly, and would make for a funny song."

25. - Top - End - #25

No KEKEKEKEKEKE yet?

A class that pilots mecha. And a tiny race that pilots Medium sized mecha.
    I will be including two different types of Mecha for the Optional rules (Gnomesuits/Gearsuits for reasonable, clockwork mecha, and Godknights for Beyond the Impossible, fantasy Super Robot mecha).

However, I do not find that standard, pilotable mecha work in a normal fantasy setting, despite the Rule of Cool and going beyond the impossible.

I do thank Tael for their consideration on some of the suggestions.

Now, for the most part, it seems starting races shall include
    • Humans
    • Elves
    • Half-Orcs

But I would like at least 5 more added to that list. Races that may not scare off new players, but still be cool for folks who have been to the RPG Rodeo before. I think either Revenants or Warforged belong upon the list, yes?

Also, as for classes. I was thinking a few classes are iconic. Namely, the Sorcerer, the Cleric, the Fighter, and the Rogue. For good measure, also Psion. Who else should be included? Monk I see is getting some votes, as well as perhaps a Dread Necromancer type class? (So TMK can get his *insert laughing sound here* and pretend he's playing Starcraft apparently. I kid, TMK, I kid.)

Also, because you demanded it, the ALL OLD PRIME20!

Spoiler
    Show

CLASSES
    Bard
    Fighter
    Rogue
    Barbarian
    Cleric
    Druid (warning: Druid art may be slightly less than appropriate, depending on where you work)
    Sorcerer

RACES AND OTHER STUFFS
    Races
    Advancing Races as you Level
    All the Variants in Play

Last edited by alchemyprime; 2010-09-06 at 10:27 AM.
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

Eh, it's not that I...

Ah, hell. Yes, I am a Zerg player. Kekekeke.

For races, yep, I'm all for both Revanants and Warforged, and chip in Elves and, maybe... an aberration race...

For classes... Hm... A fire themed class that can overcome fire resistance... Psychics... and maybe... Something that has insane survival habits. As in high hp and good saves, but not much else.
    Extended Signature.

27. - Top - End - #27

Eh, it's not that I...

Ah, hell. Yes, I am a Zerg player. Kekekeke.

For races, yep, I'm all for both Revanants and Warforged, and chip in Elves and, maybe... an aberration race...

For classes... Hm... A fire themed class that can overcome fire resistance... Psychics... and maybe... Something that has insane survival habits. As in high hp and good saves, but not much else.
    I call that a bad class.

Why? Fighters have More Weapons than any other class. Good BAB, d10 HD, Good Fort. They get huge bonuses and abilities when using said weapons. They get more feats. They get AC bonuses. They get Talents. And the ability to reroll one failled attack per level per day. So a level 20 fighter can reroll 20 missed attacks.

So if I gave a class a d12 HD, Good BAB and al good saves? Maybe just give them two abilities to go with it, but everyone gets ELSE! MUCH ELSE!

... Wow, my English broke for a second there. Sorry.
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28

Goblin

biggrin Re: The All New Prime20 Thread! [3.5/Prime20]

GOBLINS!
    That is all......

Also some sort of defender that can actually make the monster pay attention to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fredaintdead View Post
    *high fives*
    Someone get this man a medal, because he either reads my posts or my mind.

Avvy by azuyomi244
    A Warforged Warlock who thinks he's a gnome in a power-suit?

29. - Top - End - #29

Quote Originally Posted by togapika View Post
    GOBLINS!
    That is all......

Also some sort of defender that can actually make the monster pay attention to it.
    This is planned for. The class, I mean.

Fighters will be the masters of smacking on the status effects with their attacks.

Paladins will be the best at extra damage and keeping buddies a little better.

Heretics will be great with general usefulness.

Ardents will have ways around pesky high AC enemies, and with that ever present adding cool powers to their attacks (admittedly, every defender will).

But knights and samurai? They will be the undisputed masters of "HEY FIGHT ME NOT HIM!"

Knights will have their Call to Arms, and Samurai their Ki Shouts and specialty with Dueling. So knights will be more useful against mobs, and samurai against a few opponents, or singling out an opponent to strike them down one by one.

The Duel skill is you friend with any weapons based class, folks. You manage to initiate a duel (which Samurais will use Ki Shouts for), and it turns into opposed Duel checks. Winner gets to then make an attack against them (roll damage, no save) adding 1d6 damage pluss an addition 1d6 for every 5 points they beat their opponent by.

So against your standard Goblin (not one who has advanced as a Soldier or a Brute or has the Duel skill), a 1st level samurai can first Ki Shout (everyone makes a Will save versus a Level check, failures are unable to attack the samurai if he enters a duel), then pick out one of the victims to duel by running up to them.

So Samurai probably has anywhere from a +4 to a +8 bonus (depending on his stat modifiers) to his Duel skill. Goblin? Maybe a +1. More likely a -1. Samurai is easily doing 1d10+1d6+Str damage, if not 1d10+2d6+Str damage.

Wait til you see what a Rogue can pull off with it.
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I'd like to see a sorcerer. No one else does for some reason. Then again, I'm not entirely sure what this is all about. It looks fun though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.