New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 254041424344454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,482 of 1482
  1. - Top - End - #1471
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Mass Effect 3.5 Does this thread have a soul?

@ SiuiS - A while ago you were asking me to test how cooldown effects from Tech Armor and its knock-offs compared to effects from weapon encumbrance. I'm currently playing through the main campaign with my Sentinel Shep, and it occurred to me that I could test this easily there, since I can check the numbers in my power screen. Results:

Spoiler
    Show
    I recorded the numbers for three powers with different cooldowns, to give a decent sample size. Also, all numbers have an additional 30% cooldown decrease from armor (Inferno set) and 10% from upgrades at Liara's console, but since those apply to them all (except the base numbers from the Normandy, I assume) it shouldn't matter. Tech Armor I have maxed out with the upgrade to reduce cooldown effect, which in single-player still only brings it to 50%. (Aside: I really wish they'd apply balance changes to single-player as well as multiplayer and do not understand why they don't.)

Cooldowns as they appear on the Normandy (base, should be no modifiers outside of power upgrades applied I think, all have the rank 2 25% upgrade and no others in that regard):

Throw: 2.96 seconds
    Warp: 5.93 seconds
    Cryo Blast: 4.44 seconds

200% cooldown weight, no Tech Armor:

Throw: 1.1 seconds
    Warp: 2.19 seconds
    Cryo Blast: 1.64 seconds

200% cooldown, with Tech Armor:

Throw: 1.27 seconds
    Warp: 2.54 seconds
    Cryo Blast: 1.9 seconds

147% cooldown, no Tech Armor:

Throw: 1.28 seconds
    Warp: 2.57 seconds
    Cryo Blast: 1.93 seconds

147% cooldown, with Tech Armor:

Throw: 1.53 seconds
    Warp: 3.06 seconds
    Cryo Blast: 2.29 seconds

So as you can see, the numbers for 200% cooldown plus Tech Armor are extremely similar to the numbers for 147% cooldown without Tech Armor, so you may well be correct that Tech Armor's effects are applied in the same manner as the weapon encumbrance effects.

On an unrelated note, playing as a Sentinel I find myself baffled by the design of Tech Armor in ME3. Why take it from full holographic armor in 2 to covering only the front of your character in 3? It doesn't make sense from any in-universe perspective I can think of, and from an out-of-universe one it just looks stupid by comparison, at least in my opinion.

Also, page 50. Time for someone willing to maintain the multiplayer list to check the name voting from the previous page and make a new thread.

Zevox
    Toph Pony avatar by Dirtytabs. Thanks!

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." -C.S. Lewis

2. - Top - End - #1472
    Ogre in the Playground

For anyone on 360, I am more than willing to help get your Commendation pack. I will probably be on tomorrow when it starts and Saturday and Sunday evening/night (10ishPM EST).

GT: Krade2k20
    Send another message with your friend request so I know you're from here, please.

I'll probably post this again in the new thread when we get one.
    Awesome avatar by Kurien.

Good Decisions come from Experience. Experience comes from Bad Decisions. Bad Decisions come from Tequila.

I am B.
    Are you B?

3. - Top - End - #1473
    Firbolg in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Well I'm a PC player. I'll gladly join in, but... Well I prefer not using voice chat if possible. I'm sensitive on that subject.

Origin name: Sunrust

You should know it's me because of the profile picture of Zrin from Darkspore.

Also, completed Priority: Tchaunka. Really easy mission. Dark Channel -> Warp completely destroys groups of everything named a Husks or Cannibals
    Last edited by Starsign; 2012-05-10 at 03:51 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1474
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah I'd say truly challenging levels from least to worst for me went:
    Geth Ship endfight (dunno why really, just had trouble,) Fight before the charge on earth, Grissom, Ardaht-Yakshi/Banshee adjustment level, Maurauder f-ing Shields and the three Husketeers of wibbly wobbly deadness.

Edit: Admittedly, the last two on that list were skewed from me being exhausted, and sloppy.
    Last edited by Xondoure; 2012-05-10 at 03:55 PM.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1475

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
    Yeah I'd say truly challenging levels from least to worst for me went:
    Geth Ship endfight (dunno why really, just had trouble,) Fight before the charge on earth, Grissom, Ardaht-Yakshi/Banshee adjustment level, Maurauder f-ing Shields and the three Husketeers of wibbly wobbly deadness.

Edit: Admittedly, the last two on that list were skewed from me being exhausted, and sloppy.
    Funny enough, when my brother finished ME3 we decided to switch to Insanity for Marauder Shields and the Three Husketeers. Took him 2 tries. (first time he missed a shot on Shields) And he is MUCH less experienced then I am. Not sure about the worry there. Just land your shots and it's no issue. (and landing them isn't even hard. Due to stunlock, you don't need to headshot Shields contrary to belief)

The only thing that was moderately difficult so far was the Atlas Mech on Eden Prime and Sur'Kesh. More so Eden Prime due to a limited party (Liara AND James?!) with even more limited equipment (my fault for not upgrading my weapons when I should have)

6. - Top - End - #1476
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Starsign View Post
    Funny enough, when my brother finished ME3 we decided to switch to Insanity for Marauder Shields and the Three Husketeers. Took him 2 tries. (first time he missed a shot on Shields) And he is MUCH less experienced then I am. Not sure about the worry there. Just land your shots and it's no issue. (and landing them isn't even hard. Due to stunlock, you don't need to headshot Shields contrary to belief)

The only thing that was moderately difficult so far was the Atlas Mech on Eden Prime and Sur'Kesh. More so Eden Prime due to a limited party (Liara AND James?!) with even more limited equipment (my fault for not upgrading my weapons when I should have)
    It's one of those things where the slow moving targets combined with the staggering motion of Shepard's arm is much harder than aiming under normal circumstances for me. Just threw me off.
    Avatar Credit: the very talented PseudoStraw. Full image:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #1477

SwashbucklerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
    It's one of those things where the slow moving targets combined with the staggering motion of Shepard's arm is much harder than aiming under normal circumstances for me. Just threw me off.
    Ah, right. It's no issue for me or my brother. We're pretty good at being accurate.

8. - Top - End - #1478
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Krade View Post
    For anyone on 360, I am more than willing to help get your Commendation pack. I will probably be on tomorrow when it starts and Saturday and Sunday evening/night (10ishPM EST).

GT: Krade2k20
    Send another message with your friend request so I know you're from here, please.

I'll probably post this again in the new thread when we get one.
    I've sent you a friend request and a message. Let me know if you want to give the commendation pack a try. Same to anyone else who wants to pull off a Gold run.
    Friend Code: 4656 - 7046 - 4968
    Gamertag: Taejix
    Tumblr: http://taejix.tumblr.com/

9. - Top - End - #1479
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Starsign View Post
    Ah, right. It's no issue for me or my brother. We're pretty good at being accurate.
    I think my sig can explain why it took me about 30 minutes to get past Marauder Shields.

Also I found this link by ME on facebook. I will make and try each and every one. However I will make sure not to do it in a single night......maybe....
    I'm not bad, I just aim that way ~my own comment on my Call of Duty abilities.

10. - Top - End - #1480
    Troll in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Derthric View Post
    Also I found this link by ME on facebook. I will make and try each and every one. However I will make sure not to do it in a single night......maybe....
    I'm wondering why none of the biotic squadmate cocktails (with the exception of Liara's and Samara's) are blue. Kaidan's is yellow, Wrex's is red, Jack's is orange, Thane's is green, Jacob's is white (!), Javik's is black, you see my point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zap Dynamic View Post
    I want to create a world that is full of possibility, and one of the best ways to handle it is by creating a bunch of stories that haven't yet been finished.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grey_Wolf_c View Post
    At this point, however, I'm thinking way too hard about the practical problems of running a battle royale school for Russian assassins, so I think I'll leave it there.
    In my posts, smilies generally correspond to my expression at the time. As an example, means "huh?" and "Hmm..". Also, "Landis" is fine.

11. - Top - End - #1481
    Ogre in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

I just got through playing a couple of Silver missions with some great guys. We played well, we cracked jokes...I haven't had such a good time in a while (online, that is). Still, we did notice that Banshees were showing up a bit more often than any of us were used to. I really need to remember to keep my distance from those things.
    Last edited by Beowulf DW; 2012-05-10 at 10:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flickerdart View Post
    Fortunately, a Monk 1/Warblade 19 uses Iron Heart Surge to end the Monk character class, and the day is saved.

12. - Top - End - #1482
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Also, page 50. Time for someone willing to maintain the multiplayer list to check the name voting from the previous page and make a new thread.
    On it. Counting votes and formatting.

EDIT: done. New thread here. With my silent vote, both Urdnot Wrex and Blasto' Exclamation hit five votes. I Sided with Anarion and AOTRS Commander because they put up with me elsewhere and could use a bit of reward for that.

Will add in the info from the last page later, including Krade, Starsign and the current group run they're setting up.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2012-05-11 at 05:42 AM.