New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 2

Quote Originally Posted by Steilos View Post
    Henry nodded. "No, I don't mind all that much." Locking his car, he followed Claudia down to her car, talking as he went. "I believe you've already had an officer out this week. Something about a suspicious individual at a party?"
    Claudia nodded, opening her driver's side door, and climbing in.

"A young man with strange delusions, though he did eventually go away."

She shut her door, and opened the passenger-side for Henry to get in.

"So, what's this about a suspicious person you'd like to know about?"

As soon as he gets in, and is more or less seated, she intends to roar out of the driveway.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Terry576 View Post
    Sora whirled around, his eyes turning that pitch black, the inky blackness that enveloped everything, until he saw who was there. His eyes change to their normal (being the operative word,) color.

"Oh. Hi. I-I'm fine. Just fine. Nothing is wrong. Nothing at all."
    Rex twitched at the sudden changes in Sora's eyes, moving his hand closer to the inside of his duster. He didn't like the look of this, and he wasn't about to let some new Hollow power get the best of him. "You sure? You sound pretty torn up."
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sora grins nervously. His pointy teeth don't help.

"Oh, torn up? Me? No, I'm fine. Nothing is wrong. Now leave."

He shakes a bit, and slaps his face.

"Sorry, that happens sometimes.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sora grins nervously. His pointy teeth don't help.

"Oh, torn up? Me? No, I'm fine. Nothing is wrong. Now leave."

He shakes a bit, and slaps his face.

"Sorry, that happens sometimes.
    Black eyes. Weird voice. Pointy teeth. OHGOD HOLLOW. Rex swept his hand out of his duster in a drawing motion, crimson light flaring around his hand before forming into a glowing Smith and Wesson revolver, ready to fire. Still, something tickled the back of his mind, and Rex held his fire. "What are you? What's going on today?"

I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

5. - Top - End - #65

Sora does a doubletake.

Wait..... He's got a gun... And I'm still in hu-OHCRAP

His eyes close.

Dark energy crackles around him, as he slowly goes into his False Form, the mask fragment appearing, a sword hanging at his side.

A pair of aquamarine eyes stare at Rex.

"You know, I've been able to keep this a secret for like four years. It's ironic that Random McPerson somehow finds out. You should probably forget this ever happened."

A sword is drawn. The sound is silent, cool, and a feral grin overcomes Sora's face, the eyes glinting in malice,

"It's no bother, I'll help you forget!"

A sonic boom where Sora once stood, as he appears at a nice distance behind Rex, pointing his sword at him.

"Bala."

A single Hollow Bullet shoots out of his sword, straight towards the only one around....

Rex.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Halfling in the Playground

[School]

Takara takes in a deep breath and gets to her feet, feeling a bit more energetic. Still tired, but able to hopefully walk home. She looks at the others and sighs.

"Could... could anyone walk me home? I'm very tired..."

She strokes her scarf as she talks.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature.

NarutoITP characters:
    Yasuko/N13/Neko
    Bleach Reborn characters:
    All of 'em

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Kaito turned towards Takara as he, Nakahiro, and Valeria start walking out the gym door.

"Would you accept my mother driving you home when she gets here? Should just be a few minutes now. I'm sure she won't object, what with the weather."
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

8. - Top - End - #68

[School]
    Gymnasium

Nakahiro looks over Takara when she speaks up. He stays silent for a few seconds, thinking, before responding.

"Um...I can, if you want. Kaito and Valeria, you guys didn't need my help, did you?"
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    [School]
    Gymnasium

Nakahiro looks over Takara when she speaks up. He stays silent for a few seconds, thinking, before responding.

"Um...I can, if you want. Kaito and Valeria, you guys didn't need my help, did you?"
    Kaito thinks for a minute, then shrugs.

"That works fine as well. I think Val and I can manage; both our parents should be here soon with the car."

It was obvious now that even seemingly unflappable Kaito was tired; he was clearly fighting the urge to yawn. The fact that his left hand was occasionally trembling ever so slightly was more due to the as-yet-unexpressed nerves from his brush with death.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Orc in the Playground

[School]
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    "You contributed just as much as anyone else there at the end. Don't sell yourself short."

He smiled.

"If nothing else, your powers are more dramatic than mine!"
    "T-Thanks." Val blushes slightly.

[Furousha Shop]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Asmodeus View Post
    The man nodded along with her words. "That'll be fine for now I suppose. It's Botsuraku. Botsuraku Kishi."
    Viatrix shrugs. "All right... I'll call you Bo. Come on, I'll show you around." The girl casually scratches her back, looking down to her attire. ...It was probably improper to greet people in short shorts and a tank top, but too late now. With that, she leads into the back of the store, a modestly-decorated living room with contemporary furniture, and a large flatscreen TV. "This is the living room. I'm usually back here until customers come, but I'll probably have you keep everything clean in front." She continues the tour to a nicely-stocked and well-equipped kitchen. There are even two fridges. What is in each one can only guess. "Kitchen. Can you cook?"
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

[Furousha Shop]
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    Viatrix shrugs. "All right... I'll call you Bo. Come on, I'll show you around." The girl casually scratches her back, looking down to her attire. ...It was probably improper to greet people in short shorts and a tank top, but too late now. With that, she leads into the back of the store, a modestly-decorated living room with contemporary furniture, and a large flatscreen TV. "This is the living room. I'm usually back here until customers come, but I'll probably have you keep everything clean in front." She continues the tour to a nicely-stocked and well-equipped kitchen. There are even two fridges. What is in each one can only guess. "Kitchen. Can you cook?"
    Botsuraku follows with a seeming lack of interest, squeezing his armored frame through the shop. When presented with a question, he nods slowly, "Yeah I can cook."
    Caesar Asmodeus by Andraste

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ettin in the Playground

Michiko

The ride may not have been long, but the wind chill was vicious for someone wearing wet clothing and by the time that Fuyuko had pulled up along side the house to let her off, she's violently shivering with her teeth almost audibly chattering.

"T-t-thank you Fuyuko-sempai." She grumbles, thoughtfully passing back the helmet as she walks up to the door and knocks loudly. It occurred to her that she could have just gone right in...but if he lived with his parents or something that would prove...problematic in the extreme.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sora does a doubletake.

Wait..... He's got a gun... And I'm still in hu-OHCRAP

His eyes close.

Dark energy crackles around him, as he slowly goes into his False Form, the mask fragment appearing, a sword hanging at his side.

A pair of aquamarine eyes stare at Rex.

"You know, I've been able to keep this a secret for like four years. It's ironic that Random McPerson somehow finds out. You should probably forget this ever happened."

A sword is drawn. The sound is silent, cool, and a feral grin overcomes Sora's face, the eyes glinting in malice,

"It's no bother, I'll help you forget!"

A sonic boom where Sora once stood, as he appears at a nice distance behind Rex, pointing his sword at him.

"Bala."

A single Hollow Bullet shoots out of his sword, straight towards the only one around....

Rex.
    Rex cursed at himself as Sora transformed. He tensed as the Hollow? drew its sword and disappeared; the moment he reappeared, Rex had already begun to blur into Hirenkyaku, dumping reiatsu into his bow and snapping off a shot towards the incoming attack, then launching himself immediately after the bolt while flaring his reiatsu. It probably wouldn't nullify the attack, but it'd get him through it.

The bala pounded into Rex's body, but no worse than some of the tackles back home. Well, maybe a bit worse. In any case, crimson flared through it and cleared a path for a now-battered Quincy. "You're not going to threaten anyone else!" Rex fired a spray of bolts from Schreiender Adler as he lunged towards Sora, blurring into rapid motion a moment later with the intent to tackle immediately after the bolts hit.

14. - Top - End - #74

Sora casually took the shots. Sure it hurt, but he's an Arrancar. It isn't very painful.

He raises an eyebrow as he watches Rex try to tackle him, and decides to start airwalking.

From about 25 feet up, he says,

"Look, widespread property destruction isn't good for spirits. So I'd rather not have to Cero you into forgetting. I'd prefer to merely knock you out and give you short-term amnesia."

After that, he shoots another Bala at Rex.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sora casually took the shots. Sure it hurt, but he's an Arrancar. It isn't very painful.

He raises an eyebrow as he watches Rex try to tackle him, and decides to start airwalking.

From about 25 feet up, he says,

"Look, widespread property destruction isn't good for spirits. So I'd rather not have to Cero you into forgetting. I'd prefer to merely knock you out and give you short-term amnesia."

After that, he shoots another Bala at Rex.
    "Why? So you can have free reign to prey on the school?" He flashed away from the Bala, continuing to spray shots at Sora until he vanished behind a tree. "What are you doing here?!"

16. - Top - End - #76

Sora rolls his eyes, and vanishes at a farther distance.

"Look, for one, I don't eat human souls. I'm not an... Average Hollow. I'm more of an... Evolution of a Hollow, if you will."

17. - Top - End - #77
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sucrose View Post
    Claudia nodded, opening her driver's side door, and climbing in.

"A young man with strange delusions, though he did eventually go away."

She shut her door, and opened the passenger-side for Henry to get in.

"So, what's this about a suspicious person you'd like to know about?"

As soon as he gets in, and is more or less seated, she intends to roar out of the driveway.
    Henry gets into the proffered seat, clicks his seatbelt and closes the door. "Oh no, it's nothing about him. I wanted to ask you about who attended that party.
    There was an incident at the hospital earlier. Someone, a girl in green, was seen leaving the hospital via window. I got a good enough description from the bystanders to get a list of names."
    While he had been talking, the car has started. Not exactly keen to distract someone from driving, he asks "Would you like to see this list now or at the school?"
    Solomon Yeager by the exceedingly talented The Architect.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
    Steilos
    Class: Thief
    Promotes to: Ninja

Skills
    Vantage - Allows the character to post first in all threads.
    Insight - Allows the character to see threads at a greater distance.
    Ah, mon petit choux fleur.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #78
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sora rolls his eyes, and vanishes at a farther distance.

"Look, for one, I don't eat human souls. I'm not an... Average Hollow. I'm more of an... Evolution of a Hollow, if you will."
    Rex actually stops firing at Sora, though he keeps his gun ready. "What are you doing here?" He thought quickly, considering. This thing was out of his league, at least for the moment, but maybe he could salvage the situation. At least buy time to come up with something. "If you're telling the truth, we don't have any reason to fight. Go back to looking like a kid, I'll put away my gun, and we can talk things through all civilized."

19. - Top - End - #79
    Ettin in the Playground

[Outside of School]

When Kaito, Valeria and Nakahiro (and maybe others) step outside, they are greeted by a most surprising sight. Namely, a man dressed in what looks like a black kimono falling from undetermined height and crashing to the ground with a resounding thud. His momentum causes him to bounce and roll on the ground, before coming to stop just a dozen feet away from them. If the kids are perceptive, they might notice a pair of glasses was sent flying to nearby patch of grass by the impact. For some unfathomable reason, the man's clothes are burned and cut, and he has two sword sheathes strapped to his waist.

Sato Hachirou grits his teeth with eyes shut tight, trying hard to preserve what little might remain of his dignity by not screaming from the top of his lungs.

Oopsie.

Say that one more time and OH GOD THE PAIN!
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

20. - Top - End - #80
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

[School]

Kaito had been about to say something to his friends and classmates, when the injured man fell from the sky.

"Holy crap!"

He froze in place, unsure of what to do.

Up above, Hirako Yoshi cursed under his breath as Hachirou plummeted. He was too weakened himself to catch the 13th Seat. Nonetheless, he let his own platform dissolve, allowing him to fall, though he carefully used his dwindled reserves to at least land safely near the Officer. Glancing over, he noted Hachirou's glasses on the ground; he quickly walked over and retrieved them, tucking them into a pocket as he jogged over to the man himself.

"Hachirou! Hachirou, can you hear me? Just...just stay there for the moment. I have some first aid training."

With that, Yoshi begins attempting to help at least ease Hachirou's pain; if he has any obvious wounds, he will extract some basic bandages to bind them. If his issues seem to be primarily internal, he will simply make the man comfortable until help arrives.

Meanwhile, Kaito is even more stunned. Two of them? And this one has what looks like guns! Softly, he spoke to everyone present.

"Um...maybe we should leave these guys alone. Move over to one side and stuff. They look like they have things under control..."

21. - Top - End - #81
    Ettin in the Playground

"Save your effort", Hachirou grumbles to Yoshi through gritted teeth, "I live through worse everyday. I'm not injured, just tired dead. And you better not try to do anything about that, or you'll end up like me. I know you have no extra energy to spare. Lets just wait for Sietka-kun." He is visibly in a bad mood. Then again, you'd be too, after falling on your face from thirty feet...
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

22. - Top - End - #82
    Orc in the Playground

[School]

Valeria stares... also lost for words. And here she thought the day couldn't get more stressful...

[Furousha Shop]

"Oh, good. Then you wouldn't mind cooking occasionally?" Viatrix asks... but Botsuraku gets the sense it was a rhetorical question. She quickly moves on before allowing the armored fellow a chance to answer, leading the way through a hall before stopping at the very end, and opening a door to a small, spartan visitor's room with a futon and a few drawers on the walls. "And you can sleep here. If you hear any weird sounds at night... uh, don't mind those."
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

23. - Top - End - #83
    Orc in the Playground

In the meantime, shota-Hasunaga was playing whack-a-mole with the Shrimps.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Steilos View Post
    Henry gets into the proffered seat, clicks his seatbelt and closes the door. "Oh no, it's nothing about him. I wanted to ask you about who attended that party.
    There was an incident at the hospital earlier. Someone, a girl in green, was seen leaving the hospital via window. I got a good enough description from the bystanders to get a list of names."
    While he had been talking, the car has started. Not exactly keen to distract someone from driving, he asks "Would you like to see this list now or at the school?"
    Claudia thinks, coming briefly to a stop at a sign requiring it.

"At the school, please. Valeria might be of help as well."

With that, she turns back to the road, and stares for a moment. When she leaves the stop sign, she's going ever so slightly faster than before.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #85
    Titan in the Playground

The other students may realise that the mysterious warrior of love vanished at some point.

"Heart power, undo." Ayase whispers, looking around the cubicle. She'd wait in the bathroom a bit longer, and say she had been hiding.

26. - Top - End - #86

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrheit View Post
    Rex actually stops firing at Sora, though he keeps his gun ready. "What are you doing here?" He thought quickly, considering. This thing was out of his league, at least for the moment, but maybe he could salvage the situation. At least buy time to come up with something. "If you're telling the truth, we don't have any reason to fight. Go back to looking like a kid, I'll put away my gun, and we can talk things through all civilized."
    Sora snorts.

"Fine. I'm warning you, if you shoot me, it will go badly for you."

He phases back into human form, and that sparkling aquamarine is replaced with dull red.

27. - Top - End - #87
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sora snorts.

"Fine. I'm warning you, if you shoot me, it will go badly for you."

He phases back into human form, and that sparkling aquamarine is replaced with dull red.
    Rex took a deep breath, hesitating, and Schreiender Adler vanished in a flash of red light. "Okay, what's going on? What are you?" He vaguely recognized Sora from school, but didn't know him. "While we're at it, let's cut a deal. You don't expose me, I don't expose you."

28. - Top - End - #88
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Michiko

The ride may not have been long, but the wind chill was vicious for someone wearing wet clothing and by the time that Fuyuko had pulled up along side the house to let her off, she's violently shivering with her teeth almost audibly chattering.

"T-t-thank you Fuyuko-sempai." She grumbles, thoughtfully passing back the helmet as she walks up to the door and knocks loudly. It occurred to her that she could have just gone right in...but if he lived with his parents or something that would prove...problematic in the extreme.
    The door opened revealing... no one at first. The walls of the house were a rather pale cream and didn't seem to be really decorated at all. As Michiko looks down she'll see two girls. They appeared to be around eight, give or take a year. The two young girls stare at Michiko blankly. They then turned around and began talking to each other in a voice that they think Michiko can't hear.

"Nee-Chan, she looks like those girls from Onii-San's posters."
    "I wonder why she's here."
    "Maybe she's lost."
    "Maybe she wants her poster back."
    "Why would she walk through the rain to get here?"

Finally one of the girls spoke up, looking to face the purple-haired giant that stood before them.

"Ummm... Miss, who are you?"
    Last edited by Shades of Gray; 2010-09-23 at 08:08 PM.

29. - Top - End - #89

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrheit View Post
    Rex took a deep breath, hesitating, and Schreiender Adler vanished in a flash of red light. "Okay, what's going on? What are you?" He vaguely recognized Sora from school, but didn't know him. "While we're at it, let's cut a deal. You don't expose me, I don't expose you."
    Sora ponders this question.

"I don't know. I consider myself an... Anomaly, if you will. I gained these abilities in a rather different way, and I use them much like a Shinigami, albeit in Hollow style. And about your deal? Fine. I don't care much for Quincies, but you're more trustworthy than the average human or Shinigami."

He reaches out for a hand, ready for a handshake.

(I'm well aware Sora flat out lied about his abilities. I meant for him too.)

30. - Top - End - #90
    Dwarf in the Playground

Sora ponders this question.

"I don't know. I consider myself an... Anomaly, if you will. I gained these abilities in a rather different way, and I use them much like a Shinigami, albeit in Hollow style. And about your deal? Fine. I don't care much for Quincies, but you're more trustworthy than the average human or Shinigami."

He reaches out for a hand, ready for a handshake.

(I'm well aware Sora flat out lied about his abilities. I meant for him too.)
    "I also wanna keep an eye on you. See if I can figure out what you are. Be good to know." Rex shrugged and shook Sora's hand firmly, his other hand holding the Ginto on his keychain, just in case.