New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: How does a totemist get 16 attacks?

Afb right now, but couldn't you just do girallon arms, rapid strike feat chain, and blood storm blade?
    78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Where did you start yours?

The PCs were already a special forces type unit in a kingdom's military, so the campaign started in the general's office.

Extended Homebrew Signature

2. - Top - End - #32
    Firbolg in the Playground

HalflingPirate

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    How are you guys wearing Incarnum Focus (waist), Manticore Belt, and a Belt of Battle all at the same time?
    There is no problem with Manticore Belt and an Incarnum Focus (waist) item. After that, it is just combining the two items. Split Chakra isn't even required.
    Dex

Spoiler
    Show
    Regarding my Necrotic Apprentice trick:
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    This is brilliant.
    Regarding my Non-Epic Hidecarved Dragon:
    Quote Originally Posted by Amphetryon View Post
    Nicely done. Probably too cheesy for many tables, but I'd be inclined to allow it at mine, just for chutzpah.

Have a cookie.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Check out the Versatile Domain Generalist.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

If you're going to homebrew, you can get as many attacks as you want, so what's the point in that?
    Wait, I thought Incarnum Focus was a magic item and the magic item compendium explicitly took item stacking out of the quasi-homebrew territory that it had been in with the DMG rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Warforged Totemist 6/Warblade 14. Take Leadership at 6th lvl. At 9th, take that feat that let's you get a second Cohort one level below the main cohort, and at 12th take that feat that makes the cohort only 1 lvl below yours.

Make the first Cohort a DFI Bard with Optimized inspire courage and two levels of seeker of the song so that in one round he can get all the important music going.

Make the second Cohort an Artificer focused on crafting stuff as cheaply as possible. Have it make you an amulet of mighty fists with the speed property. Also have him craft an item of some nature so that he can just teleport you where you wish to go.

Now, you should focus on Tiger Claw and Diamond Mind Martial Maneuvers form Warblade. this will top out with Time stands still as a 9th lvl and Raging Mongoose as an 8th.

Focus soul melds on getting an extra natural attack. In this manner, between your own Warforged slam and soul melds, you can get 9 attacks. With the speed property, that's 18 attacks on a full attack. With Raging Mongoose in play, that's 45 attacks. Add Time stands still, and your at 90. At highest bonus. about 98 or so total. And don't worry about getting close enough to spend a full round attacking. That's why your artificer can teleport you. And damage is what the Bard is for.
    "I Burn!"

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Metahuman1 View Post
    Warforged Totemist 6/Warblade 14. Take Leadership at 6th lvl. At 9th, take that feat that let's you get a second Cohort one level below the main cohort, and at 12th take that feat that makes the cohort only 1 lvl below yours.

Make the first Cohort a DFI Bard with Optimized inspire courage and two levels of seeker of the song so that in one round he can get all the important music going.

Make the second Cohort an Artificer focused on crafting stuff as cheaply as possible. Have it make you an amulet of mighty fists with the speed property. Also have him craft an item of some nature so that he can just teleport you where you wish to go.

Now, you should focus on Tiger Claw and Diamond Mind Martial Maneuvers form Warblade. this will top out with Time stands still as a 9th lvl and Raging Mongoose as an 8th.

Focus soul melds on getting an extra natural attack. In this manner, between your own Warforged slam and soul melds, you can get 9 attacks. With the speed property, that's 18 attacks on a full attack. With Raging Mongoose in play, that's 45 attacks. Add Time stands still, and your at 90. At highest bonus. about 98 or so total. And don't worry about getting close enough to spend a full round attacking. That's why your artificer can teleport you. And damage is what the Bard is for.
    Maybe instead of Bard cohort you get a Marshal/Squire of Legend cohort? Extra Standard actions. But that's only if you're still going with the Manticore Belt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeds View Post
    Caster backstories require a reason as to why they can cast spells. Wizards study hard to learn spells. Sorcerers often learn of their powers and then hone them through traveling. Clerics use piety to find the gift of spells through the gods or their ideals. Druids shun deodorant until a riding dog appears and they learn Entangle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Zom, my imaginary hat is off to you. *Horns? *What horns? *It's just an unusual hairstyle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    There are certain advantages to a game being as badly written as 3.5.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

How much burst damage via Manticore belt can we get with a Totemist 12/Factotum 8?

7. - Top - End - #37
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    How much burst damage via Manticore belt can we get with a Totemist 12/Factotum 8?
    A lot. Especially with a DFA Bard and Deadeye Shot and Point Blank shot. Maybe try to get SA from a magic item in there?
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeds View Post
    Caster backstories require a reason as to why they can cast spells. Wizards study hard to learn spells. Sorcerers often learn of their powers and then hone them through traveling. Clerics use piety to find the gift of spells through the gods or their ideals. Druids shun deodorant until a riding dog appears and they learn Entangle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Zom, my imaginary hat is off to you. *Horns? *What horns? *It's just an unusual hairstyle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    There are certain advantages to a game being as badly written as 3.5.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Wait, I thought Incarnum Focus was a magic item and the magic item compendium explicitly took item stacking out of the quasi-homebrew territory that it had been in with the DMG rules.
    Incarnum Focus is an item.
    Belt of Battle is an item.
    Incarnum Focus with Belt of Battle powers is homebrew.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

9. - Top - End - #39
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I'm pretty sure there are exact rules for combining items in the MiC. That makes it not homebrew.
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

10. - Top - End - #40
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    I'm pretty sure there are exact rules for combining items in the MiC. That makes it not homebrew.
    That's still just a guideline, not a rule. Again, if you allow guidelines like that, you can have as many attacks as you want, making this exercise meaningless.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ogre in the Playground

Blood Wind is a 1st level spell in Spell Compendium, casts as a swift action. Makes the target's natural attacks strike from range for one round (think like in video game RPGs when the monster doesn't move up, just swipes its paw and you get slashed for damage).

So, get 16 natural attacks (you can get at least 3 from magic items I'm aware of alone; girallon's blessing spell, 3rd level, lasts 10 min/CL and gives you +2 arms and puts claws on all of them.... getting 16 probably isn't that hard....), then either dip a caster class or get a friend/cohort to cast Blood Wind on you, and buy a ton of 1st level pearls of power for 1000 gp a pop.

Is my guess for how it works.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

That's still just a guideline, not a rule. Again, if you allow guidelines like that, you can have as many attacks as you want, making this exercise meaningless.
    I think that is a slippery slope fallacy mate. Unarmed Swordsage is also following a guideline, and leads to no such madness.
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

13. - Top - End - #43
    Bugbear in the Playground

Chimera

Actually, Incarnum Focus can also be a property, so you could technically have a Belt of Battle with the Incarnum Focus property like you could have a Great Axe with the Flaming Burst property.

More importantly, I long ago discovered the ultimate magic item for almost every class. It's thanks to this, specifically, the section listing the cost of a magic item with a continuous effect. It states that an item with a spell level of 5 and a caster level of 9 will cost 90,000 gp. Applying the same logic, an item with a power level of 5 and a manifester level of 9 would cost the same amount. Now, you must be curious as to why I specified a 5th level power and a manifester level of 9th; the reason for this is that to use a 5th level power requires a manifester level of 9th. But what power am I talking about, and why do I want it continuous? The answer is quite simple: Temporal Reiteration (it was the best link I could find...).

Think about it. Just think about it.
    Incarnum: VoP's best (and possibly only) friend.
    Spoiler: Quotes and Fun Links
    Show
    Spoiler: Quotes:
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Actually I got it from you, I just love how many applications it has. It can be oh so broken.

Formerly Lestroisrois. Shorten my new name however you wish; I've seen plenty.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lestroisrois View Post
    Actually, Incarnum Focus can also be a property, so you could technically have a Belt of Battle with the Incarnum Focus property like you could have a Great Axe with the Flaming Burst property.

More importantly, I long ago discovered the ultimate magic item for almost every class. It's thanks to this, specifically, the section listing the cost of a magic item with a continuous effect. It states that an item with a spell level of 5 and a caster level of 9 will cost 90,000 gp. Applying the same logic, an item with a power level of 5 and a manifester level of 9 would cost the same amount. Now, you must be curious as to why I specified a 5th level power and a manifester level of 9th; the reason for this is that to use a 5th level power requires a manifester level of 9th. But what power am I talking about, and why do I want it continuous? The answer is quite simple: Temporal Reiteration (it was the best link I could find...).

Think about it. Just think about it.
    I don't thinks as well as you think it does. Its duration is not in rounds/minutes/hours, so you can't make it continuous, IIRC.

The rules for making items based on spells are messed up, to say the least.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.