New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Erfworld, The Thread.

I love how in panel 6, Wanda is just standing there, convinced that the arrows won't hit her. That's hardcore fatalism! At least that's how I see that panel.

And where is Scarlet?
    Bad to the Bone!
    Miko Miyazaki : Strip #120 - #464 : R.I.P.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Orc in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    The second makes little sense for volley fire, but I don't understand the reference in the first.
    El Sleezo Tough: Ugh. Wash up, you'll get warts.
    Kermit: That's a myth.
    El Sleezo Tough: Yeah, but she's my "myth"!
    Kermit: No, no, myth, myth!
    Myth: Yeth?

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by slayerx View Post
    Has rob said anything as such?... because personally, if Rob only handles the writing then i don't see what the delay would be from since i don't think it takes THAT long to write up a script for a single comic page. A script doesn't contain all the intricate details that the text updates would have, only the bare minimum; characters, dialogue, and actions. Frankly I would say the artwork for a single page would take much longer than the script of a single page

granted, their could be some delays if Rob himself is a real stickler for details, and thus it takes a lot of back and forth between him and Xin before he approves of a page...
    Like Werf von Ehrwal said, the problem has been mostly on Rob's end. He even made a few announcements on the site about how he'd been having some sort of personal problems and how the publishing of the first book was putting him behind schedule. He didn't go into a lot of detail, but it was a problem delaying the writing, not the art.
    "And yet, will we ever come to an end of discussion and talk if we think we must always reply to replies? For replies come from those who either cannot understand what is said to them, or are so stubborn and contentious that they refuse to give in even if they do understand." - St. Augustine

The Index of the Giant's Comments | Thanks, Bradakhan, for the avatar!

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
    Like Werf von Ehrwal said, the problem has been mostly on Rob's end. He even made a few announcements on the site about how he'd been having some sort of personal problems and how the publishing of the first book was putting him behind schedule. He didn't go into a lot of detail, but it was a problem delaying the writing, not the art.
    Ah, I see, I don't pay too close attention to the announcements, thanks

5. - Top - End - #95
    Barbarian in the Playground

Ah, I see, I don't pay too close attention to the announcements, thanks
    Well, you should!

There are VERY IMPORTANT news items that would otherwise be overlooked.
    Last edited by tomaO2; 2011-01-18 at 02:04 PM.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tomaO2 View Post
    [There are VERY IMPORTANT news items that would otherwise be overlooked,
    Indeed.

On the update... well, at least Tram is quick to realize that they are now risking seriously. I wonder who will use the chekov's jet-pack.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes. (W.Whitman)

Things that increase my self esteem:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyanwang View Post
    Great analysis KA. I second all things you said
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeYounger View Post
    Great analysis KA, I second everything you said here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu_Bonkosi View Post
    If I have a player using Paladin in the future I will direct them to this. Good job.
    Quote Originally Posted by grimbold View Post
    THIS is proof that KA is amazing
    Quote Originally Posted by PairO'Dice Lost View Post
    Killer Angel, you have an excellent taste in books
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldan View Post
    Historical zombies is a fantastic idea.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by tomaO2 View Post

Well, you should!

There are VERY IMPORTANT news items that would otherwise be overlooked,
    My head asplode.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

8. - Top - End - #98
    Titan in the Playground

Text update!

A funny one, 'specially the Hobgobwin's sensations.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself. I am large, I contain multitudes. (W.Whitman)

Spoiler
    Show
    If I have a player using Paladin in the future I will direct them to this. Good job.

9. - Top - End - #99

NecromancerGuy

Rather enjoyed it myself.
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Interesting, so you need only one level 1 warlord and 5 infantry to get from level 2 to 3 (at least). Warlords are really powerful units.
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Blade View Post
    50% analysis, 40% jokes, 10% depression
    “The problem with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine.”
    ― Joseph Stalin

11. - Top - End - #101
    Titan in the Playground

Well, King Slately has just quoted Grand Moff Tarkin's line from just before the Death Star blew up.

Jetstone is now officially screwed.
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

12. - Top - End - #102
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post
    Well, King Slately has just quoted Grand Moff Tarkin's line from just before the Death Star blew up.

Jetstone is now officially screwed.
    At least spacerock is. When the parody material starts to reference something that happens in the original, it either blows it up to ludricious proportions, or hits you with the polar opposite. Thanks to the inherent FATE of proper storytelling, it's likely not the latter.

But in terms of plot, its' not over and done with yet. Trem is about to bust out the "Unspoken Plan" which everybody knows is always a really good plan.
    /co/ is love.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kagato23 View Post
    But in terms of plot, its' not over and done with yet. Trem is about to bust out the "Unspoken Plan" which everybody knows is always a really good plan.
    Pretty much. Trem's tactical mind, is now the only chance of jetstone to avoid being wiped out as a whole.
    Do I contradict myself?

Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #104

BlackDragon

I suspect King Slately may end up croaked anyway--it would be interesting to see Tramennis survive as a barbarian with revenge on his mind, though!

15. - Top - End - #105

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    I suspect King Slately may end up croaked anyway--it would be interesting to see Tramennis survive as a barbarian with revenge on his mind, though!
    I think it's pretty clear that Tramennis is not an heir to the Jetstone throne therefore the only thing that will happen if Slately it croaked is that he will freeze in time in Jetstone until somebody comes by and croaks him.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Name_Here View Post
    I think it's pretty clear that Tramennis is not an heir to the Jetstone throne therefore the only thing that will happen if Slately it croaked is that he will freeze in time in Jetstone until somebody comes by and croaks him.
    If he's in the city, at least. Should he escape Spacerock before Slately is croaked, he might go barbarian instead.

17. - Top - End - #107

If he's in the city, at least. Should he escape Spacerock before Slately is croaked, he might go barbarian instead.
    Goes back to the fact that he is not a heir. If he is caught out in the open fields when Slately buys it he vanishes just like any other warlord caught out in the field. Da mussles survived because she was an heir Trammanis will vanish because he isn't.

Hell they apparently don't even have the money to make Trammanis an heir. At least in Charlie's opinion.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Name_Here View Post
    Goes back to the fact that he is not a heir. If he is caught out in the open fields when Slately buys it he vanishes just like any other warlord caught out in the field. Da mussles survived because she was an heir Trammanis will vanish because he isn't.

Hell they apparently don't even have the money to make Trammanis an heir. At least in Charlie's opinion.
    Right, I forgot Jillian had heir status. So Trem is toast unless he can get Slately to safety.

19. - Top - End - #109

BlackDragon

Right, I forgot Jillian had heir status. So Trem is toast unless he can get Slately to safety.
    Do we actually know that for certain? Jillian might have survived simply because she was a Royal, not because she was an heir.

20. - Top - End - #110
    Ogre in the Playground

Do we actually know that for certain? Jillian might have survived simply because she was a Royal, not because she was an heir.
    Though I can't recall pages, i can say we are certain...
    A side ends when it has no ruler, and ALL units that are out in the field vanish. However, as an heir, Jillian's side did not technically truly end. She had on official side since she lacked a capitol, but all the units she had with in the field remained with her; though ofcourse they would eventually get disbannded when she could no longer pay the upkeep.

21. - Top - End - #111
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

In this page, Jillian tells Ansom she was popped as an heir. She has never not been an heir.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

22. - Top - End - #112

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    In this page, Jillian tells Ansom she was popped as an heir. She has never not been an heir.
    OK, but I was asking if any Royal might have survived their side falling, not if Jillian was an heir or not...

23. - Top - End - #113

NecromancerGuy

Well, the way Tramennis is acting, I'd say it's not something he wants to find out.
    Homebrew

24. - Top - End - #114

If the ruler is croaked and there is no heir, the side ends and any units in the field are disbanded. Units in cities are not... the cities go neutral (i.e., mindlessly hostile to all comers) and freeze in time unless and until units from an active side enter them. This is why Queen Bea marched all of her troops out of the city before she committed suicide by portal, so that Wanda would be denied their corpses for decryption, rather than having a neutral city to slaughter and reanimate.

So if Slately is croaked, Tramennis and the other Jetstone units in Spacerock will survive, regardless of his status as heir. They'll even be able to continue fighting, because there'll be active Gobwin Knob units in the city. Unless Tram is promoted to heir before Slately's croaked, they won't be able to accomplish anything useful by it, though - the best they can do is kill off the GK units in Spacerock and then freeze in time until someone else drops by.

Jillian's situation happened because she was heir and in the field when her ruler was croaked and their capital fell. Because there was a surviving heir, the side didn't end, but because they lost their capital, they lost all their support infrastructure except what money Jillian had in her purse. Without support, everything except what Jillian could personally handle disbanded.
    Play your character, not your alignment.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Though I can't recall pages, i can say we are certain...
    A side ends when it has no ruler, and ALL units that are out in the field vanish. However, as an heir, Jillian's side did not technically truly end. She had on official side since she lacked a capitol, but all the units she had with in the field remained with her; though ofcourse they would eventually get disbannded when she could no longer pay the upkeep.
    If you're thinking of the update that I'm thinking of, that doesn't seem to be the case.

http://www.erfworld.com/summer-updat...lustration.png

I have spent most of the treasury and gems promoting all garrison units to full and sending them out of the city. My casters' names are Vanna, a Turnamancer, Jeftichew, a Carnymancer, Bowie, a Changemancer, and Spenser, a Findamancer. I made them pledge only to work for Royal sides, and sent them to the Magic Kingdom. Please employ them if you can. Tell the other sides the nature of the enemy. This corruptive madness cannot be the Titans' will. Do what you can to stop it, as I now do the only thing left to me.
    Mind you, the ordinary army went bye-bye:

In the field there stood more than two thousand units of the Unaroyal army, camped, ready for the next day's battle, discussing and speculating why their Queen had opted to make their stand outside the city.

Then, they vanished.

The red and orange banners of the proud capital city turned a blank gray, and stopped waving.

For the Queen had destroyed herself, and Unaroyal was no more.
    So maybe something with some sort of special ability survives? From the way the update was written, it doesn't seem that the mancers had been pleged to a specific side before Unaroyal dissolved itself.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

26. - Top - End - #116
    Banned

OldWizardGuy

I think you're missing an important foreshaddowed detail here.

Charlie said he would pay 25k smuckers for a moving decrypted Archon, and comments on how that would be enough to promote Trems to heir.

That wasn't just business talk if you ask me. Trems will capture an Archon, get Charlie's payment, and be promoted to heir, then escaping to fight another day (in the jetpack no less) while his father dies in some horrible acident.

27. - Top - End - #117

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
    If you're thinking of the update that I'm thinking of, that doesn't seem to be the case.

http://www.erfworld.com/summer-updat...lustration.png
    Casters seem to be a special case in all situations. Jack and Wanda survived the destruction of Faq just fine, and there are plenty of casters in the Magic Kingdom who seem to have no allegiance to any side. I'm not even sure if casters "pop" for sides like all other units do, or if they pop in the Magic Kingdom and get joined to particular sides through some other means!

28. - Top - End - #118

NecromancerGuy

Casters seem to be a special case in all situations. Jack and Wanda survived the destruction of Faq just fine, and there are plenty of casters in the Magic Kingdom who seem to have no allegiance to any side. I'm not even sure if casters "pop" for sides like all other units do, or if they pop in the Magic Kingdom and get joined to particular sides through some other means!
    Jack and Wanda were turned in the process of destroying/taking Faq and the side didn't truly end, what with Jillian being out in the field.

As far as I can tell, casters are dependent upon the unique nature of the magic kingdom in order to survive their sides' fall.
    Homebrew

29. - Top - End - #119

Casters pop like other units do, and IIRC just happen instead of warlords sometimes, for reasons generally ascribed to Fate (i.e., no one really knows why). I think it was one of the Jill-centric text updates where that came up.
    Play your character, not your alignment.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by John Campbell View Post
    Casters pop like other units do, and IIRC just happen instead of warlords sometimes, for reasons generally ascribed to Fate (i.e., no one really knows why). I think it was one of the Jill-centric text updates where that came up.
    Yes, one of the Jillian klogs revealed that popping a warlord will occasionally instead pop a caster, apparently at random, and the chance of this happening seems to be much higher for a newly established side that doesn't yet have any casters. New sides will usually produce one caster in short order, then gradually accumulate more over long periods of time and large numbers of warlords. The klog notes that Jillian's reestablished FAQ side is an exception, with no caster yet despite popping several warlords, which I suspect is due to Jillian's own highly martial nature.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)