New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: PTTA-the lost king and the Cult of Arceus

"Yeah, I just meant did you find those two. The charmander went with Tesla and it looked like the geodude jumped in a pokeball too, but I missed who during the chaos." Kara told him.

The two talked for a bit more before the ship finally arrived. Kara bid her goodbye to the Safari Zone Boss and promised to be back soon once she made a quick stop in Viridian Forest. As such the young girl mounted her new friend, Stratos and flew back home.

After introducing her old and new friends, showing off her home, she was about to leave when she saw two strange fairy like pokemon. They seemed agitated and after a quick conversation she discovered they were the parents of the lost Toga. Glad to reunite the family, but sad to have to say goodbye for now, she reunited the family and then headed back to Fushia.

Her time in Fuschia was spent almost exclusively at the Safari Zone working with pokemon, communicating with them, and having fun with her friends and her safari zone friends. Over the two days, she was rarely seen out of the safari zone and hardly slept with the excitement of playing with so many different types. With the various sleep schedules of pokemon, some during the day, some at night, she tried to stay away as much as possible, only falling asleep when there was nothing to do.

She talked to pokemon, helped form bonds and calm the scared ones, and healed the injured ones with her powers. Overall, Kara had not had this much fun in her life since she first made her friends in Viridian Forest, and it was obvious with the big smile on her face and enjoyment in her life. Something even her friend Tony rarely saw due to her tense nature around people.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Aw Crikey, that means they're lost causes then."
    You talk more about happier topics after that then, about the species you'll work with, the friends you can make, and more.

After two days of this, Kara hears a human voice for a change as she wakes up.
    "No Nick, chocolate's bad for canine pokemon, Blaze proved that-oh, she's waking up."
    Opening your eyes from the middle of the protected Safari Zone, you see Tony holding a tin out of reach of a poochyena while Flare watches, with Lil' Helper dozing next to him.
    "Hey Kara, I seem to have gotten a bit lost on my way back from home, so I followed the trees to you. Wanna cookie? They're home made. Oh, and meet Nicky. He's been hanging around Lavender for years."
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-20 at 10:15 PM.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

As Kara wakes up she looks around still tired. She hears a familiar voice as she tries to piece together who it is. Upon opening her eyes she recognizes Tony, "Oh, hey Tony." She looks around, "Lost? Uhhh you do know this is the protected area of the Safari Zone, right?"[/color] She ask looking over and checking on each of her pokemon. Seeing them all there she turns back to him and looks at the pokemon with a grin.

Hi Nicky! I'm Kara. How have you been? She ask before looking back at Tony, "Uhh...sure I guess?"

4. - Top - End - #484
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Tony pauses on that part.
    "...Have I mentioned trees are bad with details like that?"
    Meanwhile, the poochyena regards you.
    Desiring breakfast but otherwise alright, and you?
    Tony passes a cookie over to you, before nudging Lil' Helper awake.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Kara laughs at Tony's reply and shakes her head, "Did we learn a lesson about following trees?" Kara asked with a smile, "Alright, alright, follow me, I'll show you the way out. You'll also get to see lots of the endangered pokemon and such along the way. It's AWESOME here!" Kara says with a big grin. "I'm glad I missed the boss when I tried to shoot him back on the boat."

Kara looks at the poochyena, When we get back near the kitchen area where we get the food for the wild pokemon I'll grab you something to eat, ok? Kara asked with a smile.
    Last edited by Major; 2012-01-20 at 10:46 PM.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Sounds good to me!
    "Good to hear, Kara."
    He smiles in turn as he follows you through the woods. Dozens of new friends (of the sort that you can't call on) cross your path, and the two of you tend to have animated talks with the pokemon as you go. There's a high number of fliers, so no level, sorry. Eventually, you make it to the preserve center, with the kitchen.
    "Thanks, Kara. Sorry about wandering in, but trees are horrible at noting stuff like that."
    The poochyena goes to random tables, and gives the puppy dog eyes at some people with bacon.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Kara waves at the people as she entered as they make the food, "Hi there! These are some people I know that got lost. Nicky there is hungry if it isn't obvious." She says with a laugh as she watches the pooch give the sad puppy eyes.

"Anyways, what have you been up to these past few days? I've hardly slept meeting all these cool pokemon and making so many friends!"
    She says her voice hyper.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Well, Doug had a bunch of Machop he bred, and I know my grandpa always wanted one of his own species to train in martial arts, so I figured since Doug was kind enough to let me have a machop, that'd make Gramps happy. After that, it was mostly just catching up, letting Flare see her siblings who stuck with the rest of the family, and checking on some old friends on my way back. Such as Nick over there. So, how many friends have you already made?"
    The kitchen is still relatively empty at the moment, being pretty early. There are a few people you might recognize-assuming you have bothered to talk to any of the humans.
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-21 at 05:54 PM.

9. - Top - End - #489
    Titan in the Playground

The midday sun shines through his window. "Why must I always forget the curtains?" Zachariah rolls out of bed, irritable as he always is in the morning.
    Ambrule just chuckles from the nightstand. "You poor thing. Just think what it will be like heading back home in the sun through Mt. Coronet. The sunlight is going to be a nightmare if you don't readjust." She nudges Era from sleep.
    Ugh, tired, mommy.
    "I told you all day yesterday, I'm not - ah forget it."
    "Pyroclast, Bullet, Gar-AH!" The discolored Machop lept onto him. "Ow, claws, ow!"

After the usual morning drama and finally getting breakfast (Nox took an hour to finish eating), the team stops by the Safari Zone before taking the team to the gym for training. Era and Garis loved looking at the rare Pokémon, just like any little kid.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

10. - Top - End - #490
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

The receptionist looks up at you, and at your pokemon, a warm smile on her face this morning.
    "Introducing your younger members to various other pokemon, I take it? Which zone would you like today? The Adoption Center, or the Protected Sector? I would like to take this chance to remind you that the adoption center has a small charge of 500 poke to enter, however that covers the cost of our specially marked safari balls!"

Safari ball-pokeball with paint. You get them in batches of thirty, and can purchase more at any time in the adoption center by the entrance.
    Protected Sector: Meet wild pokemon while being guided by a worker on the safe paths. Empty pokeballs stay at the desk.
    Adoption Center: Where pokemon desiring human companionship or previously owned await a trainer they like. The game version of the safari zone, but with more types running around.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Titan in the Playground

"The Protected Center please. Our family is full as is, and we're just visiting for these two." Zachariah motions towards Era and Garis. He hands the woman the two Great Balls he has, and moves his Pokédex from his pack to a pocket in his jacket. He talks to Nox for a second. "Okay, both of you growl twice if you understand and will listen. I want us to all have a nice visit here today. This is Era and Garis's first time seeing a lot of these Pokémon, and I don't want you to mess this up. That means behave. No fighting, no flying around, and absolutely no eating things that are not intended to be eaten. If you don't, the six of us will have a good time and you will stay in your Pokéball. I don't want to do this, but I will if I have to." He speaks and communicates telepathically, both to drive his point home and because he was not sure which method of communication was more effective with the dragon. Both certainly seemed to be more effective than one or the other.

Show

12. - Top - End - #492
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Nox pauses, as he eyed the desk, then hangs both heads.
    "ZWEIG ZWEIG." (ZWEIG ZWEIG)

13. - Top - End - #493
    Titan in the Playground

"Good." He puts Nox's ball back on its clip, and follows the woman to the Protected Sector.

Show

14. - Top - End - #494
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Alright then, we'll have someone here momentarily to make sure you have a safe trip.
    The woman consults a list, before sending a page. (1d20)[3] (8 gets Kara, anything else gets random person)
    "Richard, would you report to the Protected Sector entrance?"

Kara, you hear the call from the worker residential area. One fairly tired looking person looks up, before putting his plate on the ground for the pokemon in the room. Outside of the room, he lets a pokemon out of a ball, where you can't see it.

A few minutes later, a guy who looks like he has had far too little sleep comes around, slightly twitchy as if from too much caffeine as well. Next to him is a nidoking wearing a vest that may be a little too small.
    "Heeeeey (yawning), welcome to the Safari Zone. I'm Richard, this is Quill, and we're going to be your tour guides this morning."
    "Nidoking." ('Sup?)
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-21 at 10:44 PM.

15. - Top - End - #495
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Kara hears the guy get called. She was bad with the names of the humans and was much better with the pokemon names. However since it isn't her name she stays in the kitchen helping serve the various pokemon, wild, tour guide owned, and otherwise.

16. - Top - End - #496
    Titan in the Playground

Man, this guy needs some rest. They should not be having him work like this.
    "Quite well. Grumpy here didn't get enough sleep yesterday."
    "Hey, you try being a Psychic on a boat that was attacked! ...sorry, I haven't slept well since things went to Hell on the boat. We're taking these two little guys to see some older Pokémon before going training."
    "Gmar...(Why bring us then?)"
    "Because we're all a family. Zachariah is like the dad, Bullet is the crazy uncle, I'm like the mom - nevermind, I don't like that metaphore anymore." Everyone laughs or at least chuckles, except for Era and Garis, who don't get it.

"Yeah...anyways, shall we go?"

Show

17. - Top - End - #497
    Ogre in the Playground

"- and you see? It's actually more comfortable despite not being 'as cold as it can possibly be'. A large part of what makes a cold region feel comfortable is the contrast in temperatures - an artificial location which is kept at a uniform temperature is actually less pleasant."

The snover seemed extremely hesitant, as had generally been the case. "Bu - " He began, when a hand gently pushed down on its head, causing him to glance upish at Douglas, perplexed.

...as the pokemon centre attendant stepped forward. "Douglas? Just confirming - your letter was sent home."

"Thank you." He removed his hand from Tundra, and nodded. The snover understood then - Tundra had asked Douglas not to speak in public, so that gesture was 'someone's coming, you may want to be silent now lest they figure out you're talking'.

"Choke? Ma-choke?" (So what's on the docket for today?)

"Yeah, I know e-mail's far more popular nowadays. My mother likes recieving actual letters, though - she's stated that they have an additional feeling of being personal you don't get with technology."

Douglas stretched. "So! Let's actually get to looking around. I know there's the safari zone to view, and also the gym. Vicuńa's been seeking a fight, but that should wait for a bit later in the day as that will take some time. But at the moment, there's no urgency in doing any of those things provided Vicuńa gets a good scuffle today. So let's just walk around - see what we run into first."

And with that, off Douglas went - really just wandering about and looking. Truse, as was normal, was helping him walk straight without tripping over things like uneven sidewalks, random stones, and his own two feet. Next to him, Tundra trotted along. His numel enjoyed being in his pokeball, so at the moment that was it - it was really up in the air where he'd end up.
    Beginnings usually happen over trifles... even if it's a coincidence...

~ Final Fantasy Tactics

18. - Top - End - #498
    Orc in the Playground

Tesla awakens with a load yawn, rolling out of bed. As he looks for the time, he notices the alarm clock spells out something rather in appropriate. "Caspar get out of there. Have you been visiting those sites that I told you not to again?"

Maybe, said the mischevious little Pokemon.

Well what do I expect from a Ghost-Type, he thought. "When are you going to learn that those sites are very filthy. I don't want you picking up some strange virus while in there. Do you understand?"

Alright, it said.

Problem with these translation is it is hard to pick up on sarcasm, Tesla thought to himself. I'll have to work on that later. He proceeded to bathe and get dressed. After that was done, he went down and got his Pokemon and him some food. He was still amazed at how much Rodan ate. So were many of the onlookers, though some looked more frightened then intrigued.

"Alright college, let's take a look at the Gym. I hear that we might be able to get some training in before we challenge it." He returns everyone but Melchior and Caspar, both of whom inhabit an arm, and goes to the city's Gym.
    Awesome Avatar by Darth Raynn.

PTA Character: Nikola Tesla Pathfinder Characters: Gilgar Nordum, Quartle, Zelgadis Greywords
    Spoiler
    Show

Awesome Avatar by Szilard. Other Awesome Avatars by Darth Raynn.

19. - Top - End - #499
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Lightbulb Re: PTTA-the lost king and the Cult of Arceus

Kara: Soon, all the pokemon and humans are fed.
    "So, I take it you dropped Toga off in Viridian?"

Doug: Walking around, you know the gym, which is like a dojo from a kung fu movie, is pretty close to the Center. To the north is the Safari Zone, which can be useful for finding pokemon to breed. To the east are a field and a boardwalk along the coast, linking to a couple towns, with the west being restricted to vehicle use only. The south has the shoreline, the boat still stuck there as repairs continue.
    You see Tesla go into the gym.

Zach: The tour guide gives another large yawn, before nodding.
    "Yeah. Sorry, but I live near the beach and with the repairs going on, well...it's been noisy. Just be careful, okay? Some pokemon get territorial around the big guys they don't know."
    He leads the group in through the gates, into a large open field. You see several other gates, each with a different habitat behind them.
    "Seeing as you have a couple fire types, how about we start with the desert or mountain range first?"

Tesla: You enter the gym, and get to a pair of arbok statues flanking a desk and a receptionist.
    "Good morning, sir! Would you like to try the gym challenge or do some training today?"

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Oh, I forgot to mention that!" Kara said excited, "I found his family!"

21. - Top - End - #501
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"That's terrific, Kara!"
    He leans back, slipping some meat to Nicky and Flare off of his plate as Lil' Helper enjoys some fruit.
    "So, what's the plan after breakfast? Find that old friend of yours from the boat, maybe? Meet more pokemon?"
    He pauses for a second.
    "Ooh. Cudgel'd be headed this way by now. I don't suppose I could talk you into coming with me to pick him up from the shore, could I?"

22. - Top - End - #502
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

"Well, Tina and some of the others were hoping for the chance to check out the gym and see if it is any fun. They were starting to get restless and such. I was going to see if I could find Tesla first and then maybe go. I'm not sure though...I've heard people go to gyms just to beat up other pokemon and try to be super strong...I don't want them to get killed." She said quietly. "But yeah, I could help you out."

23. - Top - End - #503
    Titan in the Playground

"Sound good, guys?" The two young Pokémon happily cry out. "Sounds good. Depending on what's near, could we look at some anthropomorphic Pokémon afterwards? Neither of these two have been around their own kind before, being hatched from either deceased parents or being given as a gift as an egg, and I thought it would be good for them to see some of their own."

Show

24. - Top - End - #504
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Well, the gym and pokemon center are on the way. Maybe we'll run into him."
    He looks around a bit, as if debating whether to ask something.
    "So...orphan stuff is not okay to talk about, I take it? Because if you wanted, Gramps is surprisingly good at talking about loss for a machamp, and he gave me some tips on how to talk about it-Tesla mentioned it when you two met! No telepathic prying, I swear!"
    He looks afraid that you'll try to fry him or something.

25. - Top - End - #505
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    "Sound good, guys?" The two young Pokémon happily cry out. "Sounds good. Depending on what's near, could we look at some anthropomorphic Pokémon afterwards? Neither of these two have been around their own kind before, being hatched from either deceased parents or being given as a gift as an egg, and I thought it would be good for them to see some of their own."
    "You mean humanshape class pokemon? We'll probably see some in the mountains."
    (Before we do this, how would you like to proceed? It's mostly just a scanning opportunity here, with some interaction being possible.)

26. - Top - End - #506
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Kara stops suddenly from the cleaning up she was doing and doesn't move to face Tony for a while. From the outside it seemed almost like her body had just frozen and with her back to him, her face was unreadable.

Inside her mind her thoughts raced as she tried to figure out how to reply to him. On one hand, Tony had been friendly and a good person so she was trying to hold back the anger at those memories that would normally flood out and be directed at anyone else.

Finally after a few moments of silence she starts moving and finishes cleaning the table she was cleaning in silence. She then turns toward the door. "Well, let's go check the pokemon center and the gym then and uhh...go down to the shore..." She says with a smile on her face that is definitely fake and forced.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

Tony just kind of looks like he wishes to hide behind something for those few minutes. Once Kara responds, Tony nods, and follows her. Flare looks up to him.
    I could've told you that would be a bad idea.
    "Maybe I should ask you before talking more often, then..."
    You exit the staff room and go outside into the city. I have already given a layout. Would you like to go to the beach or the Center and Gym first?
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-22 at 06:56 PM.

28. - Top - End - #508
    Titan in the Playground

(Scanning with some RP opportunity.)
    "Thanks, that's pretty much what I meant, though if I remember right Ralt's evolutionary family is kind of odd and is more spectral- erm, amorphous as opposed to human shaped. Sorry, I'm definatly not a breeder, in case it wasn't apparent. Really I just wanted to let them see some members of their species in addition to whatever they want to see. They seem to like the idea of seeing desert Pokémon, so let's go there first."

(Zachariah will scan anything he has not seen, which would be anything from Hoenn that was not in the flock and anything that is not findable in East Johto, Mt. Coronet, or anywhere else on a path from his home town to Lavender Town)
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2012-01-22 at 07:15 PM.

Show

29. - Top - End - #509
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Kara is quiet, only speaking if spoken too. She hoped she hadn't scared Tony off. He had been one of her few human friends. However she kept her past buried for a reason and didn't like to talk about it. In an attempt to show she was still speaking she turned back to him. "So...shore first?" She asked. "If we see Tesla cool, but I'm not really starting a search when he might not even be in town."

30. - Top - End - #510
    Titan in the Playground

Flumph

"Yeah."
    He smiles a bit. Apparently, he hadn't scared Kara off. That's progress.
    Besides, maybe he's already at the gym. If he's not around though, I have friends scattered all around this area."
    He pauses for a second again.
    "Sorry about that though. Wasn't thinking."

"Mind getting the gate while I get the goggles then, Quill?"
    As the nidoking goes to a large gate, Richard grabs several goggles and hands them out to the group.
    "The pokemon here can kick up sandstorms here easily, so it's just a general precaution. There tend to be dwebble and cacnea near the gate around now, maybe a few torkoal too. Nothing that's too much of a hassle normally, just try not to wake the cacnea."
    With a heave, Quill lifts up the gate, and puts on a pair of goggles Richard tosses him. Seems that the caffeine is kicking in finally. Inside, several tiny, crablike pokemon with rocks on their backs scatter and scurry away from the door.
    "Just to let you know, most of the big or rare stuff tends to enjoy the more remote locations in here, so you might not get to see them."
    Last edited by Eshkigal; 2012-01-22 at 09:38 PM.