New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Good League of Good LVII: Princess Power Trio Plus Protective Parents

Jack Empty arrives, looking angry as hell. Yes, he can get angry. But only in times of extreme duress, or when annoyance has been building up.

Those who see him might note that he is heavily armed and dangerous looking.

The hollow man dashes up to the nearest person and glares unsettlingly at them, saying, "I'm looking for Tobias' kid. Or his wife. You seen either around?"
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

2. - Top - End - #812
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] Good League of Good LVII: Princess Power Trio Plus Protective Parents

Phone unheeded, Susan smiles at Jack.

"Just one minute, I'll go and get her." She heads off to her own cabin and takes her sword and gun putting the sword in its sheath and loading the pistol.

She steps out of the cabin and opens fire upon Jack.
    Recaiden made the mime doll.

Spoiler: Nexus Characters
    Show

3. - Top - End - #813
    Troll in the Playground

The same thing we do EVERY night, Pinky. Shoot up GLoG.

4. - Top - End - #814

((Lol'd, Moff. ))

Normally, Jack would laugh and stand there as the bullets perforated his hide. This time, however, he simply opens fire right back with a pair of plasma pistols.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #815

"Sonuva-" Says Susan, as she ducks low behind the doorway to her cabin, the plasma tearing up the doorway, and indeed the back of the cabin.

Show

6. - Top - End - #816
    Troll in the Playground

The phone stops ringing. Someone at the other end says bad words. HT goes to sleep.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

7. - Top - End - #817

Jack puts away one of the pistols, trying to keep her down with the other via a continuous stream of firey orbs.

With his free hand, he draws forth a grenade. And chucks it inside her cabin.

Holy crap. Jack is keeping his mouth shut during a fight. Call the media.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

8. - Top - End - #818
    Ogre in the Playground

Jazirian frowns as the door gets Plasma'd.
    "Hey! You! Yeah you! Stop shooting our base! I like our base."
    "And Susan's pretty cool too."
    Hey, priorities here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

9. - Top - End - #819

"HEARD THAT!" Comes the shout from the cabin, as Susan draws her sword and uses the flat to bat the grenade out of the cabin, before hitting the deck and waiting for the explosion.

Show

10. - Top - End - #820

Jack dives and rolls behind a nearby tree as the grenade goes off midair, spraying shrapnel through the middle of the camp.

Then he opens up at the cabin again, probably putting a few holes in the wall.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

11. - Top - End - #821
    Ogre in the Playground

Jazirian leans behind a building as the grenade goes off, dodging the shrapnel.
    "I warned you!"
    He pops out, drawing his revolvers with a twirl and firing a few shots at Jack.
    Too bad he doesn't know Jack is hollow.

12. - Top - End - #822

Susan, after hearing the grenade go off, runs to her room in the cabin, grabbing a spare T-shirt out of her drawers. She wraps it around her right hand and grabs the thing she was supposed to destroy with Quinn. The soul dagger.

You know, just in case.

Her pistol in her left hand, and the knife in the other, she'll run directly at the back of the cabin, the bit that was destroyed most by the plasma, breaking through the wall and rolling when she hits the ground.

Show

13. - Top - End - #823

Jack ceases fire a moment, his arms disappearing back behind the tree. Jazirian might think he's won.

And then the hollow man sidles out hefting a plasma cannon over his shoulder, letting loose with a few shots of the thing. It's capable of taking out buildings, so Jazirian... may want to move. The gigantic, crackling comets of blue arc towards him.

Because I don't want to be accused of wrecking GLoG without permission from everyone, let's just say the building Jazirian's behind is an ambiguous, unimportant cabin.

Please?

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

14. - Top - End - #824
    Ogre in the Playground

Yay plasma cannon. What a completely unfrightening weapon. It helps that Jazirian is utterly fireproof and heatproof. Or about as close as you can get to it, anyway. But his clothes aren't, so he dodges anyway and the utterly unimportant cabin is left with a large hole through it.
    Pointing a finger, he aims a disintegration ray at the plasma cannon, and then another one at Jack's face.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2010-08-15 at 01:53 AM.

15. - Top - End - #825

Susan skirts behind the row of cabins, trying to get closer to Jack. She's hoping she can get close enough to use the dagger, while Jazarian distracts Jack.

Show

16. - Top - End - #826

The plasma cannon is taken out, reduced to a fine dust. Jack blurs out across the main area, seeing the second ray coming, and scales another cabin.

From above, he runs along the cabin's roof, firing plasma orbs at Jazirian and drawing his sword. He hopes the above angle will give him an advantage, not knowing Jazirian's immunity.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

17. - Top - End - #827

Susan starts to run towards the roof Jack just scaled, trying to keep out of sight as long as possible.

If he'd just stand still!

Show

18. - Top - End - #828
    Ogre in the Playground

Ow ow ow. Those sting.
    He leaps up onto the cabin, dodging a plasma orb and coughing soot out of his mouth. He brushes off his shoulder, flicking charred bits of loose fabric and leather away as he faces Jack.
    "Hi."
    He produces a knife.
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2010-08-15 at 02:13 AM.

19. - Top - End - #829

Jack holsters his pistol, raises his sword, and goes to tackle Jazirian off the roof. At superspeed, naturally.

All the while, he starts chanting something. Not really chanting, more like emitting a 'language' that was meant for the 'ears' of more eldritch things. This might cause headaches, nausea, and other affects to the listener.

If someone has language comprehension, they might make out through the haze of maddening noise that Jack just insulted Jazirian's mother.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

20. - Top - End - #830

Susan feels nauseous, and leans against the cabin wall she was just sneaking along, before throwing up. She continues to stagger towards the fight.

Show

21. - Top - End - #831
    Ogre in the Playground

Jazirian never knew his mother, so there. He's also on the other side of the roof. How!?
    Assuming Jack didn't fall off when he missed his charge, Jazirian starts speaking.
    "Nice moves. You're fast. But you're doing it wrong. See, it's not good enough to just be fast. You have to be sneaky too. Like so."
    He does a little jump to the side, drawing out a fan of knives in his right hand with considerable (and dare I say, attention grabbing?) flourish, indicating it with his left.
    "This, is a fan of knives. That, however," he points at Jack, "is a knife in your chest."
    And lo and behold! If Jazirian's attempt at misdirection succeeded, there will indeed be a thrown knife in Jack's chest.

22. - Top - End - #832

Jack falls off the roof, plummeting to earth and flipping to his feet rather swiftly.

He turns in time to find a knife embedded in his chest.

Bored with the dramatic throw, he pulls it out and brandishes it for himself, giving a glance at the blackness inside his body.

He keeps chanting, not noticing Susan sneaking around the side.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

23. - Top - End - #833

Susan will run at him, and attempt to plunge the soul-eating dagger into him.

KK will have to explain what it does exactly, cause Bill isn't sure.

After plunging the dagger into Jack, Susan will turn and run behind some more cabins, not noticing the large patch of...

((Deadtime. For basketball, then dinner. May be back in a couple of hours.))

Show

24. - Top - End - #834
    Ogre in the Playground

According to Rein, it tears off and consumes a small bit of soul, while creating a gaping soul wound that will lead to the non-consumed bits of soul bleeding out and leaving a soulless husk.

"Oh. Fair enough."
    Jazirian aims another Disintegration at Jack.

25. - Top - End - #835

Jack dodges the Disintegrate, sidestepping. Just in time to be stabbed by the dagger.

He grunts in pain as the dagger attempts to do it's work, reaching back and tearing the unholy weapon free. Then he grins again, sensing magical power. He was empty to begin with, there's no soul left to lose.

Seems they've just given Jack another powerful melee weapon. He promptly goes to dual wield the blades, taking up a martial stance and glaring at Jazirian.

Before teleporting behind him and trying to give him a good one-two stab in the back.

((And that's all, folks. G'night.))

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters

26. - Top - End - #836

"God dammit." Susan says, as she sees Jack pull the weapon out of his back. I believe it had a corrupting effect as well, but I can't quite remember. Plus, you know, Jack. Not sure if it'll find something to corrupt.

Susan will yet again open fire on Jack with her pistol, for all the good it did before.

Show

27. - Top - End - #837
    Ogre in the Playground

So the magical soul stealing dagger is now in the possession of an AMENite. KR will have kittens.
    However, at this point the daggers make a nice 'tink' sound as they deflect off of thick golden scales and rock hard ivory spikes on Jazirian's back. This is followed by a 'swish' and perhaps a 'whump' as a long tail attempts to send Jack flying.
    Silly Jack, attempting to pick a fight with a dragon. I can't believe you didn't notice that before.

((Sizewise, when in his TRUE FORM Jazirian's height at the shoulder is about the same as the shoulder a draft horse, or the top of a shortish person. Extrapolate from there, I don't know the rest of the measurements.))
    Last edited by Ashen Lilies; 2010-08-15 at 04:51 AM.

28. - Top - End - #838
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Kris View Post
    According to Rein, it tears off and consumes a small bit of soul, while creating a gaping soul wound that will lead to the non-consumed bits of soul bleeding out and leaving a soulless husk.

"Oh. Fair enough."
    Jazirian aims another Disintegration at Jack.
    Oh no. It actually tries to eat the whole soul. That man who escaped got lucky.

And yes, it is a corrupting dagger. The more someone uses it and listens to it, the more their only purpose in life becomes feeding the dagger souls. And of course, the dagger itself becomes more powerful the more souls it consumes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

29. - Top - End - #839
    Troll in the Playground

[Infirmary]

Inside the infirmary, the ghost of George Shackleton, cleric of Thor, grunts in pain as he senses a strong cursed object being used nearby.

His first thought is to go and intervene, but he looks back at the sleeping Czernov. No, he can't leave him.

Instead he goes around the doors and windows, putting powerful holy spells on them that will keep anyone from entering who is carrying anything cursed or unholy. And because George is just that powerful, it will also keep them from entering via dimensional shenanigans.

Leaving the cursed item behind allows normal entry. Whether it blocks unholy or cursed PCs is left to the discretion of individual players. This would also preclude someone from pulling a cursed item out of hammerspace or a bag of holding when inside the infirmary.
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2010-08-15 at 08:14 AM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

30. - Top - End - #840

Jack is pelted again with useless gunfire, and then proceeds to be knocked off the roof and another good twenty feet before smashing to the earth.

Seeing it ineffective, he drops the soul-dagger through a nearby portal, and as the interdimensional doorway closes, the hollow man again draws the Sword of the White King.

Gonna need the big-boy pointy things for this one.

Jack leaps a good twenty or thirty feet in the air, moving to bring the sword down on any part of Jazirian that he happens to hit. It should be noted, this one can cut through dragon scales with relative ease.

Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

Nexus Characters