New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 91 of 301 FirstFirst ... 416681828384858687888990919293949596979899100101116141191 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,730 of 9010
  1. - Top - End - #2701
    Firbolg in the Playground
    Default Re: Dominic Deegan: Oracle for Hire

Quote Originally Posted by Winterwind View Post
    Today's strip: Anyone who hasn't read the strip yet, watch out! Furry Alert! Furry Alert!
    Also: Balloon-Boob Alert! Balloon-Boob Alert!
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

2. - Top - End - #2702
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Humbug View Post
    Didn't you know? Mookie's off to a con, again. The next three days are gonna be full of useless filler.
    Umm... did I say tomorrow's strip ? Obviously, what I meant to say is "the next strip when the plot moves on". Yeah, that's what I wanted to say. In fact. that's what I said! And don't let the fact the actual post claims otherwise distract you! It's lying!

In fact, though, I very rarely bother reading Mookie's comments nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    And to make it worse: Furry-Balloon-Boob Alert!
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

3. - Top - End - #2703
    Firbolg in the Playground

So the Moon Dance is... an incredibly generic celebration. Wow. Seriously, how much work would it take to put a few alien decorations around so that it would look like they were honoring something besides a werewolf's need to party? Sure, we'd still mock the comic, but most of the fun would be speculating what it was supposed to mean.

Now I have to speculate on the announcer's look of fear as "House Danovich approaches." My guess is that, for all their acceptance of Callanians, House Danovich is that annoying House that nobody ever invites to parties. I'd guess they'd narc out anyone drinking underage, but there's no age limit in the WA. They probably loudly demand that the DJ play annoying Callanian music that nobody likes while House Danovich sings along in horribly broken Callanian, thinking they're all so cool.
    Mewtarthio, you have scared my brain into hiding, a trembling, broken shadow of a thing, cowering somewhere in the soothing darkness and singing nursery rhymes in the hope of obscuring the Lovecraftian facts you so boldly brought into daylight.

4. - Top - End - #2704
    Ogre in the Playground

Umm... did I say tomorrow's strip ? Obviously, what I meant to say is "the next strip when the plot moves on".
    Ha. Funny. Everyone knows the plot never moves.

5. - Top - End - #2705
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mewtarthio View Post
    So the Moon Dance is... an incredibly generic celebration. Wow. Seriously, how much work would it take to put a few alien decorations around so that it would look like they were honoring something besides a werewolf's need to party? Sure, we'd still mock the comic, but most of the fun would be speculating what it was supposed to mean.

Now I have to speculate on the announcer's look of fear as "House Danovich approaches." My guess is that, for all their acceptance of Callanians, House Danovich is that annoying House that nobody ever invites to parties. I'd guess they'd narc out anyone drinking underage, but there's no age limit in the WA. They probably loudly demand that the DJ play annoying Callanian music that nobody likes while House Danovich sings along in horribly broken Callanian, thinking they're all so cool.
    Yeah, I got that sense of "Crap, the party's over" with that announcement. It looks like they're going to rumble for crying out loud.

6. - Top - End - #2706
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Khosan View Post
    Ha. Funny. Everyone knows the plot never moves.
    Does too!
    Well... in the same way a guy who lost his legs and arms moves.
    After being shot in the spine.
    And injected morphine.
    Lots of morphine.
    I mean lots of morphine.
    While in chains.
    And burning.
    Also, rabid pandas.

So, yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekraen View Post
    Yeah, I got that sense of "Crap, the party's over" with that announcement. It looks like they're going to rumble for crying out loud.
    "Oh, no, it's those jerks from upper grade! Quick, hide the beer!"

Let's be honest, that's hardly surprising. They are aligned with Dominic, the great Manipulator. Of course they are going to push people around!
    LGBTitP Supporter
    In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die - Ever drifting down the stream - Lingering in the golden gleam - Life, what is it, but a dream?
    - Lewis Carroll

7. - Top - End - #2707
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Nimmel's not nearly as bad as Wesley yet. When he starts coming up with Deus Ex Machina solutions noone with more wisdom and experience could come up with we can talk about it.
    But remember how lame Wesley was in the beginning? Always getting into trouble, pretty much no use to anyone, having to rely on other folks to bail him out...

... Nimmel's being given the Chance To Shine here.

Yeah, but we all know the real reason for the 'crap, the party's over'.

It's like when all the Really Unpopular Kids come over to a party. They get into everything and put a damp rag on all the fun. Nobody gets to enjoy themselves after that...
    Last edited by sihnfahl; 2007-11-01 at 11:12 AM.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

8. - Top - End - #2708
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfWarriorGuy

I swear, this comic is going to give me some bizarre pavlovian conditioning in which I feel nauseous every time I see a pair of breasts. Terraciano, if you make me hate bosoms, I will hunt you down and murder you in your sleep.

9. - Top - End - #2709
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    Yep, right again. Weird furry fanfic.

10. - Top - End - #2710
    Troll in the Playground

"This Moon Dance... is over."
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

11. - Top - End - #2711
    Ogre in the Playground

I wanna see a West Side Story reenactment.

With Nimmel as...Whoever gets shot.

12. - Top - End - #2712
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Khosan View Post
    I wanna see a West Side Story reenactment.
    With Nimmel as...Whoever gets shot.
    And Nimmel can't do his only defensive maneuver, the snowgie, for obvious reasons.

13. - Top - End - #2713
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DocFrance View Post
    Terraciano, if you make me hate bosoms, I will hunt you down and murder you in your sleep.
    For that, I'd want him awake and screaming. I like liking bosoms!

14. - Top - End - #2714
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

I'm sure I won't be the first to utter this during this thread, nor the last, but here goes anyway:

Oh god my eyes!

Not only stupid furry orbs, but also what appears to be a giant hairy codpiece as well! Furthermore, wolves can have their tits out but still wear skirts? Yes, do cover up love, otherwise it would be shameful. Jesus wept!

Further more, how did anyone notice the approach of House Danovich? It seems that the only thing that makes the Moon Dance tolerable is that none of the participants open their eyes at all. Cos, you know, that's how I like my parties. I think the reason why big wolf man in the last panel looks so annoyed is because actually he's been standing there for a good 10 minutes waiting for someone to notice his oh-so-dramatic entrance.
    Last edited by Tom_Violence; 2007-11-01 at 11:43 AM.

15. - Top - End - #2715
    Orc in the Playground

Has anyone else noticed that house Danovich is the only house with Facial hair on the archipelago? I just checked. Not even the... *shiver* 'water-wolves' had any. Maybe that's why everyone hates them. They don't shave. One can only assume this also means they don't bath either.

I also just realized that Milov's Goatee grows when he tranforms. Like, really grows.

This can only mean one thing; When Milov transforms, he becomes Evil goatee Milov. Murderous, Evil goatee Milov.
    If Ignorance is bliss, I'll take suffering any day.
    -Annonymous

16. - Top - End - #2716
    Barbarian in the Playground

ElfRangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Myrdhale View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that house Danovich is the only house with Facial hair on the archipelago? I just checked. Not even the... *shiver* 'water-wolves' had any. Maybe that's why everyone hates them. They don't shave. One can only assume this also means they don't bath either.

I also just realized that Milov's Goatee grows when he tranforms. Like, really grows.

This can only mean one thing; When Milov transforms, he becomes Evil goatee Milov. Murderous, Evil goatee Milov.

This would explain the ease in which he "killed" Jayden.

17. - Top - End - #2717
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hehehe The female werewolfs just have balls of fur as boobs... and is it that much of a shock that Milov and the rest of house Danovich have come to what looks like a rave/orgy
    |

Apperently my sig was too long last time... why don't they put a limit on it then?

18. - Top - End - #2718
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post

It's like when all the Really Unpopular Kids come over to a party. They get into everything and put a damp rag on all the fun. Nobody gets to enjoy themselves after that...
    i am classed as what you could call "Unpopular" for i don't smoke, i am not a chav, i don't vandalise the first thing i see, i am smart, i could easily outwit most of the people in my year and they wouldn't know it, i don't kill the english language with everything i say, i don't like R&B or crap rap (or even retards attempt Poetry). But then i am also techniaclly popular within my group of friends. So Popularity is a whole load of crap which noone can use to say like "the unpopular people come over" they could still be popular just not with a certain group of people (Chavs in my case, they hate me so much i could cry from joy). Instead they are popular in their group
    |

Apperently my sig was too long last time... why don't they put a limit on it then?

19. - Top - End - #2719
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 16bitperformanc View Post
    i am classed as what you could call "Unpopular" for i don't smoke, i am not a chav, i don't vandalise the first thing i see, i am smart, i could easily outwit most of the people in my year and they wouldn't know it, i don't kill the english language with everything i say, i don't like R&B or crap rap (or even retards attempt Poetry). But then i am also techniaclly popular within my group of friends. So Popularity is a whole load of crap which noone can use to say like "the unpopular people come over" they could still be popular just not with a certain group of people (Chavs in my case, they hate me so much i could cry from joy). Instead they are popular in their group
    ... okay, that took me more than a few minutes to parse. (And I momentarily forgot that you're from the UK. Chav = British version of the US Street Thug-wannabe, if I recall my slang).

Anyhow.

So, for our purposes, at the moment...

Folks Already at the Moon Dance = The 'in' group
    House Danovich = The 'outsiders'
    Last edited by sihnfahl; 2007-11-01 at 01:26 PM.

20. - Top - End - #2720
    Titan in the Playground

My god... you're all right. Nimmel is The Wesley! It's all becoming clear now...

Aside from the obvious point that Mookie is making up WW culture as he's going on, it's interesting that he's vacillating between treating them as Scary Dogmatic Aliens and Rubber Forehead Aliens - the difference being that in one case they all share certain specific traits that seperate them from humans, while in the other, they're just people in fursuits.

So we're on our way into a filler week? Unless he does another Fan Art sequence (probable!) I think we're going to see a lot of art re-use and talking heads - so we shouldn't notice a difference

EDIT: Pfft, I guess I should read his newsposts sometime. Feel free to ignore the above post as being the product of an unstable mind.
    Last edited by Oracle_Hunter; 2007-11-01 at 01:43 PM.
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

21. - Top - End - #2721
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    My god... you're all right. Nimmel is The Wesley! It's all becoming clear now...
    Yes... soon, SOON it shall all be clear. Dom's Hand is being tested. He shall be evaluated ... beaten ... forged into Dom's Minion, utterly loyal...

So we're on our way into a filler week
    And seeing people who draw far better than him get involved with a Horror That Should Not Be.

22. - Top - End - #2722
    Ogre in the Playground

At least Wesley had moderately decent dialogue.

23. - Top - End - #2723
    Titan in the Playground

The question is, why would Mookie wesleyfy Nimmel? After all, another Mary Sue would detract from Dominic, so...

...oh dear gamemaster who rolls dice in heaven and on earth, please no...

Mookie has realised he could have twice as much self-insertion and twice as much stupidly overpowered plot-breaking Deus-Ex-Mary-Sues by bringing it a younger Dominic clone! And it's an opportunity to compensate for Dominic's only weakness (only one school of magic) too - he brings in a carbon copy of Dominic, equipped with full magical variation!

Will the GitP Dominic Deegan thread surivive that much MarySueishness, or are all posters condemned to a horrible death by suicide due to not being able to cope with so much awesomeness as will radiate from two Mary Sues combined? Tune in in one or two weeks to find out!
    LGBTitP Supporter
    - Lewis Carroll

24. - Top - End - #2724
    Titan in the Playground

The question is, why would Mookie wesleyfy Nimmel? After all, another Mary Sue would detract from Dominic, so...

...oh dear gamemaster who rolls dice in heaven and on earth, please no...

Mookie has realised he could have twice as much self-insertion and twice as much stupidly overpowered plot-breaking Deus-Ex-Mary-Sues by bringing it a younger Dominic clone! And it's an opportunity to compensate for Dominic's only weakness (only one school of magic) too - he brings in a carbon copy of Dominic, equipped with full magical variation!

Will the GitP Dominic Deegan thread surivive that much MarySueishness, or are all posters condemned to a horrible death by suicide due to not being able to cope with so much awesomeness as will radiate from two Mary Sues combined? Tune in in one or two weeks to find out!
    Gah! That image with replace the whale in me nightmares!

But, does that mean that New and Improved Luna is Mookie doing self-insertion with his more... feminine side?

PS - The DD TV Tropes page just got caught in some Internet Backdraft, so I thought I'd ask here: what are good examples of Moral Dissonance in DD? Apparently Luna congratulating Bumper for strangling her sister wasn't enough...
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

25. - Top - End - #2725
    Halfling in the Playground

Hmm....ok, so I'm not one who knows much about parties or dances....but this moon dance looks very boring. Even with all the naked people.

And...Nimmel is boring. That's all I have to say about it. He shouldn't be in the comic so much, there is nothing interesting about him.

I think the problem I'm having with this whole arc...is that I just don't care anymore. I'm completely apathetic about it. Everything is rather generic. These werewolves are like the most boring werewolves ever. I can only hope that Siegfried possesses Milov and causes him to kill ALL the werewolves at the moon dance. And Nimmel. And then Milov kills himself. Yesss...

26. - Top - End - #2726
    Titan in the Playground

I don't really know. Snowsong arc was mind-blowingly stupid, and gave the impression that Mookie was heavily drugged while writing it. This one... is just plainly badly written, boring, and without any semblance of logical consistency. It's not even that funny to mock it.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

27. - Top - End - #2727
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 16bitperformanc View Post
    ...i don't kill the english language with everything i say...
    No offense, but before saying that, you might want to consider proper punctuation and capitalization. This may be a good place to start.

28. - Top - End - #2728
    Ogre in the Playground

Gah! That image with replace the whale in me nightmares!

But, does that mean that New and Improved Luna is Mookie doing self-insertion with his more... feminine side?

Speaking of bad images... does "Mookie self-inserting into his feminine side" count as incest, or simply abuse (self- or reader-, take your pick)?

29. - Top - End - #2729
    Retired Mod in the Playground Retired Moderator

PS - The DD TV Tropes page just got caught in some Internet Backdraft, so I thought I'd ask here: what are good examples of Moral Dissonance in DD? Apparently Luna congratulating Bumper for strangling her sister wasn't enough...
    Well, there was the whole thing where everyone seemed to be okay with Milov killing Jayden and, indeed, Milov still being the victim.

A bit more blatently, I thought this was a bit of an overreaction, with Luna taking a stance that depended too much on Dominic always being right.

If I think of more I'll let you know. Hope that helps.

Sweet Friendship Jayne avatar by Crown of Thorns

30. - Top - End - #2730
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Karellen View Post
    No offense, but before saying that, you might want to consider proper punctuation and capitalization. This may be a good place to start.
    However, this is only a petty forum. I will not be graded on it. It is not a proper thing. I don't give a crap about my grammar. When i say the chavs are killing the English language i mean how they fail to pronounceiate (? i think i ****ed that up) their words and how they repeatedly use the word (if that is what you can call it) "innit" *shudders*
    |