*cuddles*

Quote Originally Posted by Amidus Drexel View Post
    >.>
    <.<

Feel better, Finn!
    Amidus, moeee~

I sort of am now.

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    All you need to know about Australia is that we are at least three times as cool as New Zealand.

Happy birthday to you. Let me see if I can rustle up some fireworks...

Spoiler
    Show

Fear not. For while the colours may match aspects of Amidus's personality, the flowers are all wrong. I will have to delve deep into the language of flowers to come up with something, but I can assure you that orchids are just unsuitable.

That's not good at all. I do hope you get better soon.

In related news; I am also sick. I have caught Mynxae's tonsillitis, and if I end up in hospital, I'm not going to buy him any food for an as yet undetermined period of time.
    So... Goodnight everyone. I'm going to go take some antibiotics and I'll see you all tomorrow in the new thread.
    If I had to choose, I'd go to NZ.

Thank you!

Ah, once again, a dilemma! To end up blushing due to this lovely gesture, or shiver as I dislike fireworks! Well, I guess I'll like the gesture as it's just a photo.

Oh, he has his sweet side too! *ruffles Amipoodle's hair*

I'm feeling much better already, sort of. But, wah! You should get better! I had horrible tonsillitis last year, well, didn't have to go to hospital due to that but nearly had to because they gave me penicillin... Guess how we found out I'm allergic to penicillin...

ISORN: I don't seem to have any contagious, so my wee nephew came over anyway! I won't be the one sleeping in the same room with him though, just to be cautious... So my mum will have to enjoy the night if he decides to rebel.

My nephew likes to repeat my name a lot.
    *is a proud auntie*
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

2. - Top - End - #1502
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Random Banter #196

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    If 16 year old girls can't cook kraft dinner for themselves, something has gone terribly wrong in their upbringing and/or development.
    They're either really lazy teens, or they have never cooked for themselves before.

I know I've cooked for myself and the rest of my family. I've heated up Clam Chowder, cooked Kraft Mac and Cheese (it took a few times to get it right. At one point I accidentally made Mush and Cheese ). And I actually heated up some Calzones with the oven. It was my first time working with the oven, and yet the Calzones came out perfectly. So I know how to use the stove, oven, and the microwave (but then again just about anybody can operate a microwave )

3. - Top - End - #1503
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Drakeburn View Post
    They're either really lazy teens, or they have never cooked for themselves before.

I know I've cooked for myself and the rest of my family. I've heated up Clam Chowder, cooked Kraft Mac and Cheese (it took a few times to get it right. At one point I accidentally made Mush and Cheese ). And I actually heated up some Calzones with the oven. It was my first time working with the oven, and yet the Calzones came out perfectly. So I know how to use the stove, oven, and the microwave (but then again just about anybody can operate a microwave )
    My sister has infact cooked this stuff before. She knew better and was specifically asked to not bother me for food, and she did this even after I gave her, from MY OWN STORE OF FOOD, out of the goodness of my heart, some pepperoni sticks.

@Finn: Yay! I'm glad you're feeling better, and have an adorable nephew

4. - Top - End - #1504
    Firbolg in the Playground

I have never once made myself a Kraft dinner, but that is because I have never heard of them before. I'd probably need someone to do it for me.

*whirrr*-cLicK-(beep)
    Hmm?

Quote Originally Posted by TaiLiu View Post
    Oo, knitting. I've always wanted to learn how to knit. Of course, I've always wanted to learn many things and never actually act on it...
    Don't. It's horribly addictive.

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    You have not seen hell until you've cooked kraft dinner for two 16 year old girls with the munches at 1:30 in the morning.
    Your sister is fifteen, sweetie.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    Given, despite most definitely having any boobs, I can't sleep on my stomach either. Trying to do so just makes me hungry. My anatomy is weird...
    When I poke my left eye, the back of my right nostril tickles.
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show
    Aww man! Even all the witty self referencing sigs are gone now!
    Excellent Avatar by CheesePirate, Awesome banners by Pink Haired August

Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #1505
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MoonCat View Post
    I have never once made myself a Kraft dinner, but that is because I have never heard of them before. I'd probably need someone to do it for me.
    When people say "Kraft dinner," they mean "prepackaged macaroni and cheese." There are very simple instructions on the box.
    Last edited by enderlord99; 2013-07-24 at 10:11 AM.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

6. - Top - End - #1506

Your sister is fifteen, sweetie.

When I poke my left eye, the back of my right nostril tickles.
    It's prepackaged macaroni, as said. It's actually really tasty.

Right, sorry. I just woke up after going to bed at like 2ish

I think I know why that happens, but I'm more mystified by the fact that you would do that. But then you have mummy fingers so at this point I should expect it.

7. - Top - End - #1507

I think I know why that happens, but I'm more mystified by the fact that you would do that. But then you have mummy fingers so at this point I should expect it.
    It's not like I keep an eyeball in a jar and randomly labeled it "Left eye."

...I should do that.

Does anyone have any spare eyeballs?
    Spoiler: This signature is a historical relic from a long-ago time of regular forum activity.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #1508

...I should do that.

I have two, though they aren't technically mine

9. - Top - End - #1509
    Bugbear in the Playground

Sometimes I wish you could just buy the powdered cheese. If you buy a Kraft box and just use the powdered cheese to make creamy sauce over potatoes there is leftover quick cook macaroni that sits there forever because it doesn't go with any other kind of sauce.

Don't you have local markets and shows and things? How unusual...

No, it is still uncut. It's a cluster, about an inch and a half across, ranging in colour from deep purple at the ends of the crystals to colourless at the base.
    And I must admit, I do like that idea of having some of it set uncut...

In related news; I am also sick. I have caught Mynxae's tonsillitis, and if I end up in hospital, I'm not going to buy him any food for an as yet undetermined period of time.
    So... Goodnight everyone. I'm going to go take some antibiotics and I'll see you all tomorrow in the new thread.
    I think those only happen near the areas with mines. I did not see any markets like that before I came to California. Here there are gem markets. I do not count the jewelry district in LA since that is a big enough market that it brings in gems from everywhere.

Bad news about the sickness. It is his turn for us to tell him to take care of you because we are too far away to do it ourselves.
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

10. - Top - End - #1510
    Ettin in the Playground

She...she was found awhile ago. We talked about it. You even talked about it specifically once XP
    I remember you mentioning that she disappeared, although not that she'd been found... put it down to inattention.

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    Amidus, moeee~

I sort of am now.

Oh, he has his sweet side too! *ruffles Amipoodle's hair*

My nephew likes to repeat my name a lot.
    *is a proud auntie*
    I still have no idea what this means...

Good.

ACK, MY HAIR!

Finnfinnfinnfinnfinnfinnfinnfinn

My sister has infact cooked this stuff before. She knew better and was specifically asked to not bother me for food, and she did this even after I gave her, from MY OWN STORE OF FOOD, out of the goodness of my heart, some pepperoni sticks.
    ...then why did you make it for her? The... I... bu... I can tell you I wouldn't have given her anything.
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2013-07-24 at 11:06 AM.
    A few odds and ends.

11. - Top - End - #1511

Who's making the new thread?
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1512
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Hello friends, I urge you to check out the ransomeware thread I posted a bit ago, especially if you are computer literate. Because I seriously need some help and all I know a little technical side of computers could probably fit on a Floppy-Disk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

13. - Top - End - #1513

...then why did you make it for her? The... I... bu... I can tell you I wouldn't have given her anything.
    I was told to, and the house would be burnt down if she did it because she decided she wasn't good at cooking it last night.

No idea!

14. - Top - End - #1514
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I'd poke at the lovely cookiebringer, Haluesen... But only if they wish so, of course.

Trying! I'm just super disappointed now, nephew won't be coming over... It makes me a vewy sad panda...
    Oh..well okies. I wish to of course, I'd be glad to help out! That said...and this will likely sound dumb...what do I do? I know how to make a thread of course of course, but is there anything in particular I need put for this first post? I am looking over the first in this thread right now.

EDIT: Also meant to mention that I'm sorry your nephew can't make it. Take more cookies. Let them warm your heart with crumbly chocolatey goodness. Have any cookie requests? I can probably make other kinds.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwertystop View Post
    Because I got hired to update a website and the section I'm doing is all using invisible tables for spacing and I don't know how to fix that because I'm not that good at HTML and the thing's running on a WYSIWYG system and I just didn't say anything and added the bits I was supposed to add with table-based formatting.
    Ah yikes. Still though, you didn't know. I suppose you tried what you could. You shouldn't feel dirty for that...

...I should do that.

Well at the moment no spare ones, but I'll keep you updated, maybe I'll find one.

Well I guess I have been poked to do it, and I will soon as I can then, just once I understand some things. Like why someone mentioned they can't because of 30 something. (EDIT: Nevermind read through the rules, now I know why some can't. ) Or if I should give the next random banter a name other than just random banter, because in the list some of them have more interesting names that make me smile. I think I'm over complicating things.

Also morning everyone! Well for most of you it is probably not morning, but over here it is, so yeah. Good afternoon/evening otherwise.
    Last edited by Haluesen; 2013-07-24 at 12:05 PM.
    Spoiler: Sigs about the Internet and Life
    Show
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay R View Post
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacior
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

Awesome Holy Knight Haluesen avatar done by the uber skilled Grinner!

15. - Top - End - #1515

Quote Originally Posted by Haluesen View Post
    Well I guess I have been poked to do it, and I will soon as I can then, just once I understand some things. Like why someone mentioned they can't because of 30 something. (EDIT: Nevermind read through the rules, now I know why some can't. ) Or if I should give the next random banter a name other than just random banter, because in the list some of them have more interesting names that make me smile. I think I'm over complicating things.

Also morning everyone! Well for most of you it is probably not morning, but over here it is, so yeah. Good afternoon/evening otherwise.
    The standard rules are, copy all the information from the opening post, add the last thread to the list of previous threads, give it a title if you want (it's more commen to give a fancy title thten not). You can't make another thread for 30 threads. Post in the thread that you have made a thread, involving link (usually in big letters).

16. - Top - End - #1516
    Troll in the Playground

I still have no idea what this means...

ACK, MY HAIR!

Finnfinnfinnfinnfinnfinnfinnfinn
    It's ok, Amicutie, it's ok...

*braids your hair*

You're not cute enough for this to work, lad!

ION: My nephew has learned that letting out gas in the water makes bubbles. The joys of a nearly-two-year-old.
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

17. - Top - End - #1517
    Ettin in the Playground

I was told to, and the house would be burnt down if she did it because she decided she wasn't good at cooking it last night.
    That just... that strikes me as incredibly wrong. To have to do something for someone else who's fully capable of doing it themselves.

Oh..well okies. I wish to of course, I'd be glad to help out! That said...and this will likely sound dumb...what do I do? I know how to make a thread of course of course, but is there anything in particular I need put for this first post? I am looking over the first in this thread right now.

Ah, the process is simple!
    1) quote the first post of this thread, and copy that into the next thread. (remove the quote tags, and add any text of your own, to taste; just make sure to keep the rules and the list of threads).
    2) add a link to the first post of this one to the long list of previous RB threads.
    3) post a link to the new thread here.

Also, long titles are appreciated (by some of us), but not required.

Afternoon here, although not by too long.

It's ok, Amicutie, it's ok...

*braids your hair*

You're not cute enough for this to work, lad!

ION: My nephew has learned that letting out gas in the water makes bubbles. The joys of a nearly-two-year-old.
    *asplodes*

Nay, this I will not allow! *stands up* No braiding.

Mayhaps I'm just using the wrong name... Also: thank goodness.

Heheheheheh
    Last edited by Amidus Drexel; 2013-07-24 at 12:15 PM.
    A few odds and ends.

18. - Top - End - #1518

Well at the moment no spare ones, but I'll keep you updated, maybe I'll find one.

Awesome, thanks.

THe rules is 50 threads, isn't it? But yeah, fancy names are what we do. You happened to walk in on an anomaly.

The standard rules are, copy all the information from the opening post, add the last thread to the list of previous threads, give it a title if you want (it's more commen to give a fancy title thten not). You can't make another thread for 30 threads. Post in the thread that you have made a thread, involving link (usually in big letters).
    I thought the rules said 50 threads. Other wise I'd have gone and made a new one by now.

ION: And I officially am in love with how dorky and awkward Javert is. What has happened to me?

But in Stars, when he's geeking out over the stars being predictable and he's so OCD and it's so funny and adorable.

I think I've gone mad.
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2013-07-24 at 12:08 PM.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

19. - Top - End - #1519
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Thank you for the info! I'll be getting to that presently then.

Awe! Such wonderful silliness.
    Also please ignore my 2nd edit to my above post. I forgot when reading through to catch up that you mentioned him more. Still sorta waking up.

That just... that strikes me as incredibly wrong. To have to do something for someone else who's fully capable of doing it themselves.

Ah, the process is simple!
    1) quote the first post of this thread, and copy that into the next thread. (remove the quote tags, and add any text of your own, to taste; just make sure to keep the rules and the list of threads).
    2) add a link to the first post of this one to the long list of previous RB threads.
    3) post a link to the new thread here.

Also, long titles are appreciated (by some of us), but not required.

Afternoon here, although not by too long.
    And thank you as well for more info! As I said, I will start making the new thread shortly.

Yeah, sometimes doing things for others can be...odd when they really can do things themselves. Ah the high and stupid...I know too well dealing with that sort.
    Show
    Yeah... even if it's a fairly friendly place by the internet's standards... it's still the internet. A certain level of pedantic bickering is to be expected.
    The forums can't universally agree that the sun will rise in the east. Disagreement is what we do.
    If I can get a pet dinosaur, I totally will. My low wisdom means a raptor looks like a great guard dog.

20. - Top - End - #1520

Oh but didn't you know my sister is the most important person in the universe : O

If there was ever a time I wanted Something Awful Forum emoticons it'd be now. That smilie shooting itself is so appropriate with sarcasm of this level.

ION: And I officially am in love with how dorky and awkward Javert is. What has happened to me?

But in Stars, when he's geeking out over the stars being predictable and he's so OCD and it's so funny and adorable.

I think I've gone mad.
    Awesome! I know...a little, about Les Mis. Javert is a badass and a REALLY good example of how a Stick Up His Ass Paladin will end up if they are characterized correctly.

21. - Top - End - #1521
    Titan in the Playground

I thought the rules said 50 threads. Other wise I'd have gone and made a new one by now.
    It does. Just checked it, to see if i could make another one.

Gotta wait till 206.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

22. - Top - End - #1522
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Okay almost ready, the only question I have is what is the quickest way to make the list of previous Random Banters? I can copy?paste just fine but I don't think that makes links. What is the easiest way for me to make all those links? 196 of them?
    Show

23. - Top - End - #1523
    Titan in the Playground

Also, I think you mean not having boobs...
    :smallwhatareyoutalkingabout:
    Yeah. Yeah. I kind of forgot a negation in there...

Don't you have local markets and shows and things? How unusual...
    Local gemstone markets? Pffft, where do you live to believe this to be a common occurrence?

And no, no travelling gemstone shows either...

No, it is still uncut. It's a cluster, about an inch and a half across, ranging in colour from deep purple at the ends of the crystals to colourless at the base.
    And I must admit, I do like that idea of having some of it set uncut...
    Yeah. It should probably be a small gem, but a rough gemstone in the right setting would probably be quite admirable indeed.

From an environmental and large-scale societal perspective: Don't. Never take antibiotics unless prescribed such, and if you ever start an antibiotics treatment, you must fulfill it. Multidrug-resistant bacteria is a large enough problem as it is, and the main cause is by far the rampant overuse of antibiotics.
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

24. - Top - End - #1524

NecromancerGuy

Amidus Drexel

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    Most people (or at least, most people who I would want to hang out with anyway) find my "everyone is an idiot, including and especially me" attitude endearing. It's part of the "crochety old man" vibe I try to give off at all times.

What you described earlier seemed to me to be akin to "kick the cat" syndrome, which is a far larger and more ubiquitous thing than sexism. And you get called on it a lot less often, at least in SE Minnesota.
    Crotchety Old Man never mixes well with discussions of the baser elements of humanity, I find. The closest you can really get is a Sam Vimes, and, well, that's Sam Vimes.

I am indeed aware that the dark side of human nature applies to more than just sexism. Sexism, however, has tendrils in many aspects of our darker nature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

25. - Top - End - #1525

Awesome! I know...a little, about Les Mis. Javert is a badass and a REALLY good example of how a Stick Up His Ass Paladin will end up if they are characterized correctly.
    He is a massive badass, and also a huge dork. I find it hilarious.

Also, I want to introduce him to Prince Zuko. It would be ****ing hilarious.

Okay almost ready, the only question I have is what is the quickest way to make the list of previous Random Banters? I can copy?paste just fine but I don't think that makes links. What is the easiest way for me to make all those links? 196 of them?
    Quote the first post of this thread, it'll take the links with it, put it in a new thread and remove the quote tags.

Originally Posted by Coidzor
    Crotchety Old Man never mixes well with discussions of the baser elements of humanity, I find. The closest you can really get is a Sam Vimes, and, well, that's Sam Vimes.

I am indeed aware that the dark side of human nature applies to more than just sexism. Sexism, however, has tendrils in many aspects of our darker nature.
    Sam Vimes is not crotchety, he is a massive cynic.
    Last edited by MoonCat; 2013-07-24 at 12:38 PM.
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

26. - Top - End - #1526
    Titan in the Playground

I love Javert! I was so sad he felt that was the only way out. I especially liked hopes his suicide was a dark reprise of Val Jean's earlier revelation.

27. - Top - End - #1527
    Troll in the Playground

This:

Quote the first post of this thread, it'll take the links with it, put it in a new thread and remove the quote tags.
    Plus remember to add this thread, Random Banter #196 to the bottom of the list as well (remove quote marks):
    ["url=http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=291872]Random Banter #196[/url"]
    aah yes, alligators
    ~Extended Signature~

28. - Top - End - #1528
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy View Post
    :smallwhatareyoutalkingabout:
    Yeah. Yeah. I kind of forgot a negation in there...

From an environmental and large-scale societal perspective: Don't. Never take antibiotics unless prescribed such, and if you ever start an antibiotics treatment, you must fulfill it. Multidrug-resistant bacteria is a large enough problem as it is, and the main cause is by far the rampant overuse of antibiotics.
    Teddy has boobies!

One of the reasons I avoid any sort of medication unless it's been prescribed to me. (also, stubborn pride, but that's a different issue ).

Ah, there we go.
    A few odds and ends.

29. - Top - End - #1529
    Ogre in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Alright Finn and MoonCat, thank you much for showing me the ropes.

AND HERE IS THE NEW RANDOM BANTER!

Is that big enough?
    Show