New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Minecraft II: Night of the walking mobs

I also got guesses from Count Dingdong on who he though was who. I will leave it up to him to post it here. Thogh he was very off on most of it. If people want to link the wolf QT they can. The mason QT doesn't have much.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Form (please fill out):
    1)Did you enjoy this game?
    2) What did you think of the roles?
    3)Would you do this again?
    4)Was I at least a mildly good narrator? (I know I wasn't amazing...)
    1) But of course. It would have been excellent if everyone could have played it.

2) Due to the neutral, the enderman, and the number of wolves, the village was only allowed a single mislynch. That's on the extreme end. I suppose you can count Zwei as a mislynch but he's also a danger to the village due to his desire to get Steve dead.

3) But of course.

4) You are great! Color and flavor is wonderful, more of it is fine. Just be sure you're on the same page as your co-host, and um... give village at least 2 mislynches next time.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

No PM games aren't uncommon on these forums. Really, it was you guys' fault for not remembering the rules. I mean really, out of the four of you none of you caught that? Shame.

Props to the wolves for taking out all the smartest players first.

ATPG, I really don't understand your logic behind moving to Sabeki. You say you never suspected them over Lex, so why? A bunch of players didn't vote until after you switched your vote. Staying steadfast on Lex might have made a difference.

Even though I think town totally had enough information to avoid that, I gotta say that was hard for the town. It only took 2 town lynches and 1 autolynch for town to lose.

There definitely should have been one more mason.

Also, I'm surprised Murska and ATPG were so bad with the banes. You should never tell the wolves who you're baning, and you should never expect them to do the most obvious thing. I would expect these two of all people to know that.

Regarding narration, it would have helped if I was kept in the loop more. We're lucky I never had to end a night phase because Yumori never sent me any of his scry requests. I was under the impression for the first 3 night phases that he was simply forgetting to send in his scry results. Once I found out what was happening, I asked Duck to ask Yumori to send his scry requests to both narrators, but apparently Duck didn't because the next night Yumori didn't send me his scry request either.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Disc Lorde View Post
    ATPG, I really don't understand your logic behind moving to Sabeki. You say you never suspected them over Lex, so why? A bunch of players didn't vote until after you switched your vote. Staying steadfast on Lex might have made a difference.
    No, I couldn't even get Penguinator to vote for Lex-Kat and it was obvious he was tired of following me.

Basically, if Fullbladder was the fool I was Steve, and if I wasn't Steve, that would mean that Sabeki would no longer be around and perhaps people would have listened to Real Steve's scry results.

Nobody wanted to lynch Lex-Kat all game, and everyone wanted to go with lynch guilty result first and see who was who. Yumori also wouldn't state explicitly that he had a guilty result on Lex, which is what I was waiting for.

If he did, I would have dumped my vote for Sabeki in a heartbeat. All round I absolutely hated my guilty result on Sabeki and wanted to hunt for active scums regardless. I knew the mobs absolutely were going to vote for Sabeki that day, and would be heavily against a Lex-Kat lynch.

I said all that. It didn't move people.

Penguinator managed to unvote, that's all. I couldn't get anyone to lynch Lex, and then I started looking for who Steve could be.

I found Yumori and I found Fullbladder. 50/50 shot I was wrong, and town never recovered.

Also, I'm surprised Murska and ATPG were so bad with the banes. You should never tell the wolves who you're baning, and you should never expect them to do the most obvious thing. I would expect these two of all people to know that.
    ?

Wolves got a lucky shot N1 AFAIK.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins's Avatar

Honestly I'd intended to say that only an idiot wouldn't vote for the Enderman, and my internal thesaurus changed it to something that simply flowed better as a sentence without my meaning to. Happy accident I guess?

We scried you night one, Pizzaguy, for obvious reasons. You actually every one of us except Banjo pegged as mobs in your day one suspicion list. Then we kept you alive in the hope that, as Fool, you'd use your scries to pull the villagers off course. We were planning to kill you Night 3, after Szilard finally died, until you went and declared Sabeki to be a mob. I'm sorry to say I kind of laughed at your expense then.

Catching the Baner Night One was pretty much just luck. We figured you'd be baned because of all your analysis. Murska was being almost as dangerous, and we figured we couldn't have you two putting your heads together. Then it really seems we aimed for the second most analytical person around for every night kill. Disc Lorde's right. you were the most obvious target Night One.
    Last edited by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins; 2014-04-24 at 09:44 PM.
    The above post sponsored by Fullbladder Manufacturing.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Fullbladder's awesome.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

No PM games aren't uncommon on these forums. Really, it was you guys' fault for not remembering the rules. I mean really, out of the four of you none of you caught that? Shame.
    "Aren't uncommon" translates to... Penguinator runs most games that are no PM. I don't explicitly look for it in other games. In fact, I find it difficult to believe that anyone here does.

If you look at the list, of every game on the list that is currently recruiting/running, the only no PM games are Typical, Dethy, and this one.

Dethy is well-known as a no PM game. I always run no PM games. Of the three, Zjoot maybe ran a game before? But I am the only one well-established as a narrator of no PM games.

Of the last ten completed games, none were no PM games.

Props to the wolves for taking out all the smartest players first.
    Thank you for insulting my intelligence. I love narrators who do that.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

7. - Top - End - #337
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    Honestly I'd intended to say that only an idiot wouldn't vote for the Enderman, and my internal thesaurus changed it to something that simply flowed better as a sentence without my meaning to. Happy accident I guess?

We scried you night one, Pizzaguy, for obvious reasons. You actually every one of us except Banjo pegged as mobs in your day one suspicion list. Then we kept you alive in the hope that, as Fool, you'd use your scries to pull the villagers off course. We were planning to kill you Night 3, after Szilard finally died, until you went and declared Sabeki to be a mob. I'm sorry to say I kind of laughed at your expense then.

Catching the Baner Night One was pretty much just luck. We figured you'd be baned because of all your analysis. Murska was being almost as dangerous, and we figured we couldn't have you two putting your heads together. Then it really seems we aimed for the second most analytical person around for every night kill.
    I believed I was kept alive because I successfully drew the mob scrier to figure out I was the farmer.

I used that knowledge to essentially ignore my scries and just focus on things, and also, tell everyone I was probably the farmer, hoping Real Steve would make his scries known.

I thought you guys were going to murder Yumori last night, if you had, Lex and Banjo were going to be my next targets, and there would have been no more false scries distracting village.

Worse, BasketOfPuppies I knew was mason just from hunting for him alone. He didn't even have to reveal it to me privately. I knew I could have counted on his vote.

But Fullbladder was probably winning this game regardless. Well played.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ogre in the Playground

If I might ask, Askthepizzaguy, where are you used to? It sounds kind of interesting.
    If I creep into your house in the dead of night and strangle you while you sleep, you probably messed up your grammar.

I'm always extremely careful to hedge myself against absolute statements.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Dwarf in the Playground

I will say my newness on this forum worked to your advantage, wolves.

If I had ANY IDEA what Lex was talking about regarding "proxies" the last day I was alive, she would have been dead.

Serious!

I knew there was no such legal network behind the scenes and only your terminology threw me off.

Yumori was obviously not teaming up with Lex and neither was I, therefore she would have been dead yesterday if I knew what she was talking about.

Only after I died did I get the idea that she meant "Proxy for the detective".

Too dead to speak up.

LOL
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 2014-04-24 at 09:48 PM.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    ?

Wolves got a lucky shot N1 AFAIK.
    Murska baned you right after you'd given a ton of analysis and asked for a bane. That was one of the poorest choices he could have made, IMO. At least around here, wolves never go for the most obvious target when there's a baner around. The next most likely targets would be Count Dingdong and Murska, and Murska knew that he himself was a power role. I totally predicted Murska's lynch, I was kind of surprised he didn't.

11. - Top - End - #341
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Random_person View Post
    If I might ask, Askthepizzaguy, where are you used to? It sounds kind of interesting.
    Umm....

Right now, things are a little completely dead at my native forum.

And another forum I used to play on, and revived pretty much single-handedly when it went inactive.

Not much activity happening on the third one either.

So I wish I could say things are interesting over there.

I have also played on Straight Dope, but their gameroom is not dedicated to mafia-style games and games happen rarely.

I was invited to play on 2+2 Puzzles and Other Games, where they have a MASSIVE player list and tons of games, massive games, all the time. More games than you could ever play in.

They also have a severe problem with players being abusive, and if you guys think I was talkative, like, way, way too talkative...

Like annoyingly talkative...

Like, no one would even follow me because that's just way, way too many words talkative...

To the point where it is actually downright anti-town talkative...

Allow me to introduce you to hell.

Small, simple little game. Very small, very simple game.

One person has almost 800 posts. And he's not alone. And most of these posts are off-topic, argumentative, garbage posts. You can barely keep up.

I mean, I know I'm a shock to you guys' system, but people on some forums...

Like, I'm the most talkative player at my native site, but these guys literally post like 10 times as much as me and the content.... oy gevalt.

So I don't play there as much.

Don't even try to read their mish-mash games. 20,000 posts.

~~~~~~~~

Bottom line?

I'd like to fit in here better because you guys seem very nice, and sane.

I need you guys way more than you need me.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Penguinator View Post
    Thank you for insulting my intelligence. I love narrators who do that.

Sorry.

I meant "props for killing all the players who would have caught on".

I will be sure to carefully choose all my words in the future, for worry of offending you.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Dwarf in the Playground

Murska baned you right after you'd given a ton of analysis and asked for a bane. That was one of the poorest choices he could have made, IMO. At least around here, wolves never go for the most obvious target when there's a baner around. The next most likely targets would be Count Dingdong and Murska, and Murska knew that he himself was a power role. I totally predicted Murska's lynch, I was kind of surprised he didn't.
    If you anticipate a baner is going to be shot N1, and the baner's job is to stop that from happening, the baner is then basically nothing more than a villager that can't be murdered and needs to self-bane every night.

AFAIC, the baner is there to ensure someone gets protected. If they die protecting someone N1, wolves got a lucky shot.

I see what you're saying, but the value of the baner is more than just self-survival. I also said what I said so the wolves wouldn't hit me, it's up to the baner at that point to decide to self-bane or bane someone else.

I concur it's unlikely the wolves attack me that night, which is what I was going for.

Murska did his job as best he could AFAIC, and I don't consider his choice bad.

I consider the wolves' choice good.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins's Avatar

I believed I was kept alive because I successfully drew the mob scrier to figure out I was the farmer.

I used that knowledge to essentially ignore my scries and just focus on things, and also, tell everyone I was probably the farmer, hoping Real Steve would make his scries known.

I thought you guys were going to murder Yumori last night, if you had, Lex and Banjo were going to be my next targets, and there would have been no more false scries distracting village.
    I keep speaking as if for everyone, so I'll try to stop that now. Personally, Yumori wasn't really on my radar. Looking back through the quicktopic (it's really not much of a read), I had a brief instinct to kill Yumori Night One just because he was on your suspicion list, Peej. Sort of an 'out of spite' sort of thing. After that he dropped off the radar for me. Whoops!

Man, we really forgot the whole no PMs thing on that proxy claim. We've had a good history of seer's proxies here.

I agree. The only thing that went wrong is he drew too much attention to himself, and we got lucky.

But Fullbladder was probably winning this game regardless. Well played.
    I'm vain enough to preen over this. Thank you, sir.
    Last edited by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins; 2014-04-24 at 10:01 PM.
    The above post sponsored by Fullbladder Manufacturing.
    And so begins the Age of Extinction! The Year of the Dinosaurs! And the Reign of the Predacons!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Avatar Credit: Kalirush, Lord Herman, Stoneburr, Simius Dr. Bath, Abardam, Fayt, Keris Rain, The Extinguisher, Qwernt, Kwarkpudding, Tiffanie Lirle, Djinn in Tonic, Coplantor, Crown of Thorns, and many more
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Festy View Post
    Fullbladder's awesome.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I don't know how you guys feel about PizzaGuy, but I like him. He posts relatively a lot, sure, to the point of walls of text sometimes. But that's okay, IMO, because it's all relevant and he's never rude in any of it that I can see. If you don't want to read all of it that's fine. You can probably ask for a tl;dr, even. With that aside, PizzaGuy is one of the more serious and calm players on these forums, and I like that.

16. - Top - End - #346
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hey guys, really and honestly:

I did notice I was way out of the norm for you and I'm really sorry if my high activity level made the game unpleasant for anyone.

I don't blame you for your reactions and I sincerely and truly hope all of you give me another chance, because I really want to be friends with all of you and I hope to blend in better and not be such a sore thumb.

I also think there's nothing wrong with the play of the players who lasted to the end- they were obviously going to get it if the game lasted one whole round longer than it did, and one of the reasons I suggest in the future that village gets more than one mislynch. Village is never going to have a flawless game and the mislynch that happened while I was alive was basically my fault. I should have stuck with what I believed all game which was that I was the fool, and never even announced my worthless results, fought harder to lynch Lex. That's on me.

If I give up of course no one follows me.

I hope you guys give me another chance and I promise I'll try to fit in more and be less annoying next time.

You're like aliens to me, but very awesome aliens and I wish to be accepted into your culture. I have bad alien habits I need to get rid of to work well here, and I'll certainly try.

You guys are also awesome, without exception.

Wish I could have gotten to know Sabeki and LoP better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    I'm vain enough to preen over this. Thank you, sir.
    You played with the intent to not give away a whole lot of information, and I knew that, but your attitude was so smooth and so cool that I kept giving you pass after pass for it.

I knew you were a suspect if you weren't the Fool and I still didn't even have that at the forefront of my mind.

Whatever gave away the rest of your team, you truly defeated me. And it was your usage of "Fool" which caused me to implode on that day, too.

So you beat me, and good, and played one hell of a game.

Regardless of the strength of your forces and the lack of mislynches on the village side, you were probably winning this game even if stuff hadn't worked against us.

I tip my hat.

Lex and Banjo also played well because I couldn't get a firm read on their guiltiness until late.

I was also not even close to being responsible for Szilard's death, so well played all.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know how you guys feel about PizzaGuy, but I like him. He posts relatively a lot, sure, to the point of walls of text sometimes. But that's okay, IMO, because it's all relevant and he's never rude in any of it that I can see. If you don't want to read all of it that's fine. You can probably ask for a tl;dr, even. With that aside, PizzaGuy is one of the more serious and calm players on these forums, and I like that.
    What I'm going to do is reduce all screen-length posts down to spoilers and give a couple sentence explain.

That way, even casual gamers can get what I was saying without reading half a book.

It's what I'm used to, but I do need to give cliffs' on this forum. That's cool, something I can easily adapt to.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 2014-04-24 at 10:11 PM.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

"Aren't uncommon" translates to... Penguinator runs most games that are no PM. I don't explicitly look for it in other games. In fact, I find it difficult to believe that anyone here does.

If you look at the list, of every game on the list that is currently recruiting/running, the only no PM games are Typical, Dethy, and this one.

Dethy is well-known as a no PM game. I always run no PM games. Of the three, Zjoot maybe ran a game before? But I am the only one well-established as a narrator of no PM games.

Of the last ten completed games, none were no PM games.
    Ah. When I said PM games weren't uncommon, I was referring to Vampire, Typical Werewolf, and Dethy. That's 3 games, but I guess my sample size was a little small.

If you anticipate a baner is going to be shot N1, and the baner's job is to stop that from happening, the baner is then basically nothing more than a villager that can't be murdered and needs to self-bane every night.

AFAIC, the baner is there to ensure someone gets protected. If they die protecting someone N1, wolves got a lucky shot.

I see what you're saying, but the value of the baner is more than just self-survival. I also said what I said so the wolves wouldn't hit me, it's up to the baner at that point to decide to self-bane or bane someone else.

I concur it's unlikely the wolves attack me that night, which is what I was going for.

I consider the wolves' choice good.
    Ah, ok. I'm not saying I think the baner should self-bane all the time. I'm saying I think they should try to protect likely targets. I consider the baner's job to be to confound the wolves' night kills and give the village more time to scumhunt. I guess I'm kind of disappointed because in all the games I've read through on these forums, I've only seen one successful bane late in the game in fears. I feel like the baner could do better.

- - - Updated - - -

Banes and kills are kind of like a game of Rock Paper Scissors. Both sides are trying to predict the other. So if one side wins is it a success for the victor or a failure for the loser. I guess it's a bit of both. Good shot wolves.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Dwarf in the Playground

Village MVP-

Probably shared between Count Dingdong and Yumori123 in my opinion. Both had a phenomenal game and were really only cut down by the wolves or outvoted. Both were on the forefront of villager plays which were excellent.

Not to diminish the efforts of the rest- these guys just really stood out.

Wolf MVP-

I think Fullbladder gets the nod based on merit and tone, not to mention play choices. But I have to say Banjo fooled me for most of the game and was lots of fun to play with, too. Lex-Kat basically too fun and adorable for anyone to want to lynch who didn't have a role that said we should probably lynch her.

Szilard did his part soaking up the whole middle of the game, distracting the villagers. I wanted to see more of him and the others who went missing.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

Ah. When I said PM games weren't uncommon, I was referring to Vampire, Typical Werewolf, and Dethy. That's 3 games, but I guess my sample size was a little small.
    Is Vampire no PM? I didn't think it was. Could be wrong. I know we sent PMs in the previous one; I was one of the Lovers and we didn't get a QT.

I've been rather snappy here; lots of issues going on irl. I apologize for that.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Dwarf in the Playground

Are you voting Lex tomorrow, Banjo? Or Basket of Puppies.

If it helps, I had you as scum in the universe where I was Steve and Sabeki was mob.

That may no longer apply, my friend.

Besides, how would you feel if I never pointed the stick at you? A little insulted, wouldn't you say? What's the matter with Banjo, can't he be evil, too? What is Banjo, chopped puppet liver?

And so on.
    I wanted Banjo on record as supporting a mason lynchee over Lex-Kat here.

I felt he was practically toast at this point.

Oy, I should have been more explicit.

- - - Updated - - -

Is Vampire no PM? I didn't think it was. Could be wrong. I know we sent PMs in the previous one; I was one of the Lovers and we didn't get a QT.

I've been rather snappy here; lots of issues going on irl. I apologize for that.
    Penguinator, I'm pretty sure everyone here thinks the world of you, and so do I.

I'm sorry I contributed to grating on your nerves. Next time, we'll be unstoppable.

- - - Updated - - -

Fullbladder, Lex, and Szliard look the worst if the top 2 candidates are both villagers.

I should have voted for Fullbladder instead of BasketofPuppies.

I could also have OMGUS voted Szliard. I regret not doing either. That could have been very helpful today.
    Oh damn.

Well.....

uh...

Okay.

- - - Updated - - -

Addendum:

Okay I just read the Mob quicktopic.

Wow, I am honored to have been chosen as the murder for being too dangerous, even as the fool, even as you suspected Yumori was Steve.

That's a high compliment from some excellent players.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Troll in the Playground

Wow. A lot to digest.

So first, AskThePizzaGuy, welcome to the Playground.

Penguinator, I love you, and know that you are among the best players, in my opinion. Hell, I was happy with my team of wolves, because they are all players who I have come to respect in times past. Even Banjo, who is my original nemesis after only my second game. I also love the guy for a webcomic he was a part of long ago.

Murska is a smart enough player that he made his choice on what he likely thought was a reasonable chance. I believe that it was either he or PizzaGuy that was going to die Night 1. Unfortunately, he was up against four older players who decided not to kill the new guy Night 1.

I got damn lucky no one remembered the No PM rule the day before, when we lynched Sabeki. That was a clear giveaway, now that I know that there shouldn't have been a proxy.It was a good thing PizzaGuy wasn't up on the parlance, and Penguinator was just irritated.

I now suspect that we won because I'm just too adorable to lynch. Right?

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, that was a pleasing result for the block in the wall. I really thought our only chance today was if someone didn't vote. I for one completely forgot about the no PM rule - I never sent one, but it made a mockery of my defence and Lex's proxy claim. We''re lucky no-one picked up on it.

Good job narrators, even though there were some comms issues the game stayed on time and decently narrated and managed. I think you did well for your first game as narrator, Duck, and I hope you get more players for your next game.

On the subject of players, I think the mobs won this one due to low player numbers.We maybe shouldn't have had the Enderman on our side, as that extra day we had from the second lynch helped us. Still, it was fairly balanced - we scragged the baner first night,and still we should have been screwed this day phase. Definitely a fun game to play, though.

Pizzaguy, I thought you were an awesome breath of fresh air. A great player, polite and courteous in your posts, and fun to interact with. The walls of text may have annoyed the odd one or two, but I enjoyed reading them and enjoyed the effort and analysis you put in. Maybe spoilering some of longerposts may help, but all in all I thought you were a great addition to the game here. Damn scary to play against though, especially when you pegged all of us except me Night 1!

Props to Yumori too, for participating and making a decent fight of the last day. After several games of seeing you get autolynched or lynched due to low activity, it was good to see you come forward. I'm just glad no-one remembered the 'No PMs so proxies are impossible' thing.

Good game all!

Edit: Oh Lex, does Seb/Bob Arctor still haunt your dreams that badly?
    Last edited by banjo1985; 2014-04-25 at 01:47 AM.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, and PizzaGuy.... You almost ruined my wolf/mob heaven.

@ Banjo: Only since you've come back.
    Last edited by Lex-Kat; 2014-04-25 at 01:34 AM.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    I now suspect that we won because I'm just too adorable to lynch. Right?
    Heh.

PS- your quicktopic post:

You know, you being 'male' doesn't bother me. I am not one of those peeps that is insecure.

You're going for adorable, afaict, and you're succeeding.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and PizzaGuy.... You almost ruined my wolf/mob heaven.
    Heh. You guys decided to kill me, the known fool, instead of taking out Steve or a mason.

That makes you guys elite, in my book. That took serious guts.

It could easily have blown up in your faces and it did not.

It was not the "correct" play, but it was the correct play. Look at the results.

Good call going aggressive with the seer claim, because if Yumori had been listened to, it would have prolonged the struggle immensely.
    Last edited by Askthepizzaguy; 2014-04-25 at 01:35 AM.

25. - Top - End - #355
    Troll in the Playground

Forgot about that. Glad to hear though. That you're not insecure, that is.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    Pizzaguy, I thought you were an awesome breath of fresh air. A great player, polite and courteous in your posts, and fun to interact with. The walls of text may have annoyed the odd one or two, but I enjoyed reading them and enjoyed the effort and analysis you put in. Maybe spoilering some of longerposts may help, but all in all I thought you were a great addition to the game here. Damn scary to play against though, especially when you pegged all of us except me Night 1!
    I even put you in orange in that same post for being okay with villager deaths.

You got by for a long while because your teammates did not flinch and get all panicky when you had two votes against you.

That was a great call by them.

It is my wish that I am scary to play against, but still fun.

I'll work on the fun part. Surely I can tone down the walls of text.

Working on it in the other game I'm in. Hard to restrain myself but it's a step in the right direction.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, and look what I found! Whitefeather!

28. - Top - End - #358
    Dwarf in the Playground

Forgot about that. Glad to hear though. That you're not insecure, that is.
    Quite straight and secure, but man, you should have seen me roleplay as a femme fatale in several games. I also had a magnum opus roleplay performance as a vampire in one game who was not picky about gender and obviously preferred alpha males as his nighttime companions.

I completely stole the whole show in that game. The game host ended up retconning it into a story about, and I quote: "A story of a Gay Vampire and his unrequited love... plus a spot of demon hunting".

So basically, the game was a backdrop only, the real story was my love for Catharsis, who was an Immortal, and far, far too beautiful for me to ever harm.

Immensely enjoyable to roleplay and funny as hell.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Note that I have not read the entire discussion past the end narration, so pardon if I've missed anything. You guys killed me at a good time, but I will say pizzaguy made some mistakes that had me suspecting him fiercely, namely Day 3. You wasted that day, after I told you guys to, no matter what, use it to discuss the next lynch and get people to talk. Yes, there was an obvious person to lynch. Still, there is zero reason to waste any day and let wolves have another kill before analysis. I applaud chunkymonkey for actually picking someone else to prod with a vote, and I awarded him town points for that. It's a shame that I had to dock pizzaguy town points for not doing so, especially since he was actually town.

After I died, I gave Duck999 my list of reads at that time. I knew Szilard was wolf; everyone did. I was fully convinced that one and exactly one of Askthepizzaguy/banjo1985 was wolf. Because pizzaguy seemed to be wasting the day and had lived, my money was on him. I'm sad to see that was wrong, but banjo was indeed wolf, so my read wasn't off. My third guess was DukeGod for a few off posts that made me feel he was a bit ambivalent about the lynches and general suspiciousness/quiet. On similar but slightly different basis, I had Fullbladder as PR, likely Mason. Just like me to mix up mason and wolf...

My largely-town reads were Penguinator, BasketOfPuppies, and Yumori123. There is pretty much zero reason why any of them should have been lynched while more suspicious people were still alive. LoP and Sabeki had few or zero votes, so I had no read on either of them. At the time, I had no read on Lex-Kat or chunkymonkey9. Lex for being difficult to read by always ringing slightly off, and chunkymonkey for being new. By the end of Day 3, chunkymonkey was ringing town, and Lex was ringing wolf. The Lex suspicion began to grow even more, especially after banjo started defending her.

I'm a bit disappointed with how the game ended. Yumori should have been obvious town for the Enderman lynch; wolves had another option, and there's no reason to waste a role that they had. BoP and Yumori should have been given a free pass for a while. Enderman lynch was the same reason that I was heavily suspicious of one of pizzaguy/banjo: their interaction asking for more votes on Tanar was suspicious after realizing Szilard was Enderman. However, their non-mason-buddy claims meant it was very likely that only one and not both was scum. At the very least, at lylo, a wagon with half the players is horribly suspicious, especially if you're town. If the person up for lynch were wolf, there would very likely have been a backlash and some sort of split votes. Still, I could definitely see it happening, and wolves did well at staying under the radar.

If I had been alive another day, I'm not sure how things would have changed. I'd probably have gotten a bit out of DukeGod, and we may have even had Mason claims (chunkymonkey was the other one? I don't see a player list? Edit: reading through, I see pizzaguy said BoP was the other mason? can we get confirmation?). At the very least, I might then have noted my suspicion of pizzaguy/banjo, and town would have been a bit better off in terms of analysis.

Good game, wolves! Still, pizzaguy... how could you let Day 3 go to waste like that???
    Last edited by Count Dingdong; 2014-04-25 at 02:05 AM.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Troll in the Playground

Duck999 edited the OP's player list to include all the roles. BoP was indeed the other Mason. Imagine that, a Basket of Mason Puppies.