New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Star Wars Characters In Mortal Kombat

First character, Mace Windu, is stuck in Mortal Kombat, to return home he must defeat the most powerful MK characters. For runner up, and the next player, and so on I will leave it to a vote. Could Mace Windu chop through each of these opponents like a lightsaber through arms and legs? Star Wars characters are not as durable as Mortal Kombat characters, but MK characters never encountered lightsabers. Not to mention, Star Wars characters can be fast. Mace Windu has speed, force (heh) and skill on his side, as (Spoilers for 15 year old movie) he easily defeated Palpatine in Revenge Of The Sith. Mace Windu's shatter point takes into account opponent's weak points in defenses, and his Vapaad absorbs the dark side, meaning that if he's fighting exceptionally powerful evil characters, he will grow stronger as a result. How well does Mace Windu do?

Sindel
    Quan Chi
    Shang Tsung
    Onaga
    Shinnok
    Shao Kahn
    Raiden
    Blaze
    and Liu Kang

Who wins?
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2017-11-27 at 07:50 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: Star Wars Characters In Mortal Kombat

Isnt this juat a repeat of your last Vs thread, but with mace winsu instead of a random sith lord?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Isnt this juat a repeat of your last Vs thread, but with mace winsu instead of a random sith lord?
    If I remember right, but this is kind of different. It's all Star Wars characters, not just one.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ArlEammon View Post
    If I remember right, but this is kind of different. It's all Star Wars characters, not just one.
    It still has very much the same formatting. I will humor you though.

If we take into consideration Soul Calibur IV, where Darth Vader, Yoda and Starkiller were all going against (mostly) honed human warriors, which are supposedly on planet earth, so their fighting skills are similarly affected in a MK scenario:

- Lightsabers have the same cutting power as a regular sword. Hence why Vader couldn't just cut through Mitsurugi's sword. In SWverse, there's Vibroweapons, which are able to withstand assault from a lightsaber.
    - The Force is comparable to magic/ki/chi/psychic powers, of which the MKverse is chockful of.
    - Extensive usage of The Force causes physical strain on the user.

Any SW character would have about the same chance to win Mortal Kombat as any Mortal Kombat character does. Heck, the first one to win one for Earthrealm was Johnny fricking Cage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    You're my hero.
    OotS Avatar by Linklele.

Spoiler: When early morn walks forth in sober grey. - William Blake
    Show
    Oft when the summer sleeps among the trees,
    Whispering faint murmurs to the scanty breeze,
    I walk the village round; if at her side
    A youth doth walk in stolen joy and pride,
    I curse my stars in bitter grief and woe,
    That made my love so high and me so low.

O should she e'er prove false, his limbs I'd tear
    And throw all pity on the burning air;
    I'd curse bright fortune for my mixed lot,
    And then I'd die in peace, and be forgot.

5. - Top - End - #5

SamuraiGuy

First character, Mace Windu, is stuck in Mortal Kombat, to return home he must defeat the most powerful MK characters. For runner up, and the next player, and so on I will leave it to a vote. Could Mace Windu chop through each of these opponents like a lightsaber through arms and legs? Star Wars characters are not as durable as Mortal Kombat characters, but MK characters never encountered lightsabers. Not to mention, Star Wars characters can be fast. Mace Windu has speed, force (heh) and skill on his side, as (Spoilers for 15 year old movie) he easily defeated Palpatine in Revenge Of The Sith. Mace Windu's shatter point takes into account opponent's weak points in defenses, and his Vapaad absorbs the dark side, meaning that if he's fighting exceptionally powerful evil characters, he will grow stronger as a result. How well does Mace Windu do?

Sindel
    Quan Chi
    Shang Tsung
    Onaga
    Shinnok
    Shao Kahn
    Raiden
    Blaze
    and Liu Kang

Who wins?
    For fairness sake, I would rule no real lightsabers for Windu. If anything, those that Cyrax uses would suffice. Just a little nitpicks first tho: IIRC; Vaapad feeds on the Dark Side; it doesn't absorb the Force, in the sense that it can't absorb DS fueled attacks from the enemy by itself*. It's just a form of light saber that deals with both the Light and the Dark side. That's what makes it the "deadliest" Jedi form (tho not necessarily the strongest). Also, what I understood, as well a other hardcore fans, is that Mace only "defeated" Palpie because he simply let him do it. The point was to force Anakin to rebel against the Jedi.

Anyway, I think I mostly agree with Mikemical. But if we take source from outside the games, most MK fighters will run into serious disadvantage even with the average Jedi, nevertheless maddafakin Mace Windu. I think he should be on par with Shinnok or Raiden at their peak, to say the least. He could probably take a couple dozen of the ninjas without dropping a sweat. Skorpion will never stand a chance

*The feat when he stops Palpatine's lightning is widely accepted from fans to be unrelated to his saber technique. Yoda didn't even need a saber to stop it.
    Last edited by Lord Joeltion; 2017-11-28 at 09:41 AM.
    (sic)

My English non très bueno, da? CALL: 0800-BADGRINGO

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

No SW char will get to the end of MK. Precognition can only help so much when the power gap is that huge. Sure, Johnny Cage is from Earth realm and won it, but one, he wasnt a regular human, two, he teamed up alot for that kill to matter and three, Lui Kang was the bigger threat (and was handled as such). MK has dealt with both magic and lightswords before, and has their own blind swordsman with precog and magic. They also have literal gods that some of the kombatants have killed OUTSIDE MK( which matters since, by being outside MK they aren't nerfed by its rules). Nothing in SW show that they are in that high tier of power.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by HolyDraconus View Post
    No SW char will get to the end of MK. Precognition can only help so much when the power gap is that huge. Sure, Johnny Cage is from Earth realm and won it, but one, he wasnt a regular human, two, he teamed up alot for that kill to matter and three, Lui Kang was the bigger threat (and was handled as such). MK has dealt with both magic and lightswords before, and has their own blind swordsman with precog and magic. They also have literal gods that some of the kombatants have killed OUTSIDE MK( which matters since, by being outside MK they aren't nerfed by its rules). Nothing in SW show that they are in that high tier of power.
    Google EU Star Wars Vitiate and Palpatine, and Darth Bane. Then kick yourself.

((That's a Colloqialism, I don't want you to hurt yourself)).
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2017-11-28 at 05:49 PM.

8. - Top - End - #8

BlackDragon

Google EU Star Wars Vitiate and Palpatine, and Darth Bane. Then kick yourself.

((That's a Colloqialism, I don't want you to hurt yourself)).
    Looked them up. I dont see any of them stopping Shinnok, let alone Raiden, Shao Kahn, Blaze, Onaga, Scorpion, Ermac, or Shang Tsung, to name a few. Hell, even without the chosen one plot armor Im fairly certain Lui Kang would stomp on the majority of SW.

Or is Mortal Kombat declared so that the heavy hitters get nerfed?

To be fair to the otherside, is EU even canon anymore? If so, I think there is three that could get thru most of MK...
    Last edited by HolyDraconus; 2017-11-29 at 05:29 AM.

9. - Top - End - #9

If Batman could beat them all up, then surely Master Windu would as well!
    The last crazy minstrel.
    Creature avatar by The Giant.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipperychicken View Post
    At GITP, we don't just bite down on bait-hooks, we chew them thoroughly until the insides of our mouths are full of broken teeth, flesh-ribbons, and blood.

10. - Top - End - #10

RogueGuy

Wait, is this in the context of a video game? Or is it more of a real life vs.

Because if it is real life, mortal kombat characters aren't more durable then normal people. I mean the ones that aren't godlike and stuff.

I mean it wasn't specified that it was Mortal Kombat. Just mortal kombat characters.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Looked them up. I dont see any of them stopping Shinnok, let alone Raiden, Shao Kahn, Blaze, Onaga, Scorpion, Ermac, or Shang Tsung, to name a few. Hell, even without the chosen one plot armor Im fairly certain Lui Kang would stomp on the majority of SW.

Or is Mortal Kombat declared so that the heavy hitters get nerfed?

To be fair to the otherside, is EU even canon anymore? If so, I think there is three that could get thru most of MK...
    EU is sort of canon. Legends is not really canon, but it sort of is. I don't understand how it's changed from Disney's ownership. Darth Vitiate, for example, though not a great light saber duelist, can block any blow meted out by the MK roster. If he sees it. His force lightning can kill enemies in one shot, and yes, it would hurt (though not necessarily kill) Raiden, since he combines with with pure Dark Side energy, and he creates duplicates of himself during battle. I feel like Vitiate can defeat even some of the highly powered roster, like Raiden, Scorpion, Ermac, and Shang Tsung definitely. Now Onaga, Blaze, Shao Kahn and Shinnok is a closer battle.

12. - Top - End - #12

BlackDragon

EU is sort of canon. Legends is not really canon, but it sort of is. I don't understand how it's changed from Disney's ownership. Darth Vitiate, for example, though not a great light saber duelist, can block any blow meted out by the MK roster. If he sees it. His force lightning can kill enemies in one shot, and yes, it would hurt (though not necessarily kill) Raiden, since he combines with with pure Dark Side energy, and he creates duplicates of himself during battle. I feel like Vitiate can defeat even some of the highly powered roster, like Raiden, Scorpion, Ermac, and Shang Tsung definitely. Now Onaga, Blaze, Shao Kahn and Shinnok is a closer battle.
    To be brutally honest, if what you are saying is true, you can tick off Shang Tsung as well. Another reason why I asked if MK was declared is because MOST of the heavy hitters in MK are flat out immortal, like Raiden, with a bit about only being able to be killed by equal or greater power. Some force users (EU Luke) can speed blitz, but they don't have set ways of getting around straight up immortality. On top of that, MK has magic BS that protects the winner until the next tourney (with loopholes, hence zombie Lui Kang).

13. - Top - End - #13
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

To date, Shinnok has been portrayed without his amulet. With his amulet, he might be able to overpower Vitiate.

It's an apples to oranges comparison between Vitiate and Shao Kahn, but both wiped out people en masse. Vitiate eliminated his rival Sith Lords with a ritual, and Shao Kahn exterminated most of humanity by forcefully entering Earthrealm in MK 3. In order to make a valid comparison, we will need to determine if the additional effort Vitiate put into the ritual was comparable to the difference in power between a typical Sith Lord and a typical human. Shao Kahn has created life in the form of Ermac, and Ajunta Pall and his peers along with Plagueis are the only force users who have created life, as far as I can tell. In terms of force powers vs magic, it seems like it can go either way. In terms of melee combat, I would probably hand it over to Vitiate.

Also, are we talking about the MK games, or are we comparing movies to movies? In terms of the movies, Star Wars would curb stomp Mortal Kombat hard. Liu Kang, Johnny Cage, and Sonya have no special abilities beyond hand to hand combat training. There was a hint of Liu Kang's ability to generate fire, and he learned animality in the second movie, but that was it. Shao Kahn was likely was unimpressive, and Raiden's impressiveness disappeared with his godhood. Even as a god, he postured more than fought, so the full extent of his power was unknown.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by random_guy View Post
    To date, Shinnok has been portrayed without his amulet. With his amulet, he might be able to overpower Vitiate.

It's an apples to oranges comparison between Vitiate and Shao Kahn, but both wiped out people en masse. Vitiate eliminated his rival Sith Lords with a ritual, and Shao Kahn exterminated most of humanity by forcefully entering Earthrealm in MK 3. In order to make a valid comparison, we will need to determine if the additional effort Vitiate put into the ritual was comparable to the difference in power between a typical Sith Lord and a typical human. Shao Kahn has created life in the form of Ermac, and Ajunta Pall and his peers along with Plagueis are the only force users who have created life, as far as I can tell. In terms of force powers vs magic, it seems like it can go either way. In terms of melee combat, I would probably hand it over to Vitiate.

Also, are we talking about the MK games, or are we comparing movies to movies? In terms of the movies, Star Wars would curb stomp Mortal Kombat hard. Liu Kang, Johnny Cage, and Sonya have no special abilities beyond hand to hand combat training. There was a hint of Liu Kang's ability to generate fire, and he learned animality in the second movie, but that was it. Shao Kahn was likely was unimpressive, and Raiden's impressiveness disappeared with his godhood. Even as a god, he postured more than fought, so the full extent of his power was unknown.
    Um. . .
    Vitiate is one of the weakest high powered light saber duelists in Star Wars. If he was wimpy in the Force like Obi Wan, Asaj Ventress could one shot him.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Orc in the Playground

AssassinGuy

I might be confusing Vitiate with Bane. I believe Bane can take on Shao Kahn in melee.

16. - Top - End - #16

Out of curiousity, would Mace Windu's showing here change anything in terms of how well he'd do in the MK universe? Because those are some pretty wild power levels on display, even if the droid... stompy-thing(?)... was of questionable value as a weapon.

Granted, my Mortal Kombat knowledge (cnowledge?) is limited, but the stunts shown in that little clip showcase (at the very least) greater maneuverability, speed, and possibly strength than anything I've seen MK show off. Add the lightsabre into the mix, and unless the immortality comes with a hefty dose of invulnerability, Shang Tsung and suchlike might end up as a sort of unpleasant technically-living chunky salsa

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TeChameleon View Post
    Out of curiousity, would Mace Windu's showing here change anything in terms of how well he'd do in the MK universe? Because those are some pretty wild power levels on display, even if the droid... stompy-thing(?)... was of questionable value as a weapon.

Granted, my Mortal Kombat knowledge (cnowledge?) is limited, but the stunts shown in that little clip showcase (at the very least) greater maneuverability, speed, and possibly strength than anything I've seen MK show off. Add the lightsabre into the mix, and unless the immortality comes with a hefty dose of invulnerability, Shang Tsung and suchlike might end up as a sort of unpleasant technically-living chunky salsa
    Being able to punch metallic droids to death sure seems to fly in the face of the "not as durable" argument of MK against Star Wars.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

If the rules of Mortal Kombat tournament are in use, then it's more-or-less fair. A jedi armed with a lightsaber can land a lethal hit on anyone and the Force is a massive boon against the freakier MK characters. However, a good hit by any of the freakier combatants would be able to take a Jedi down just as well.

Outside the tournament rules, things get... iffy. As noted, some of the MK characters are litetally immortal. It's questionable if any single Star Wars character could deal with all of them, even if Star Wars has had Force users with planetary-scale powers (and above).
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    If the rules of Mortal Kombat tournament are in use, then it's more-or-less fair. A jedi armed with a lightsaber can land a lethal hit on anyone and the Force is a massive boon against the freakier MK characters. However, a good hit by any of the freakier combatants would be able to take a Jedi down just as well.

Outside the tournament rules, things get... iffy. As noted, some of the MK characters are litetally immortal. It's questionable if any single Star Wars character could deal with all of them, even if Star Wars has had Force users with planetary-scale powers (and above).
    There are some grey area level Sith and Jedi.
    For example, Darth Vitiate may well die in one blow, but he is effectively immortal as he can still use the Force as a ghost, he can possess others, and his Sith Sorcery is among the best in Star Wars, far superior to Darth Wyrllock's power level, who was more powerful than Darth Andeddu. Palpatine was similar.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

I guess out-of-tournament success relies heavily on Star Wars capacity for sealing techniques. In the heavy end, it doesn't really matter if an opponent can survive their planet being blown to bits, if all they can do after is float uselessly in cold embrace of interstellar vacuum.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

21. - Top - End - #21
    Spamalot in the Playground

Isn't it more likely they'll end up in Street Fighter? (Owned by Disney, who also owns Marvel, who has an ongoing thing with Capcom...)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

22. - Top - End - #22

BlackDragon

There are some grey area level Sith and Jedi.
    For example, Darth Vitiate may well die in one blow, but he is effectively immortal as he can still use the Force as a ghost, he can possess others, and his Sith Sorcery is among the best in Star Wars, far superior to Darth Wyrllock's power level, who was more powerful than Darth Andeddu. Palpatine was similar.
    Is that canon or EU?

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Is that canon or EU?
    Valkorion/Vitiate is Legends.

24. - Top - End - #24

BlackDragon

Valkorion/Vitiate is Legends.
    Please correct me on this, I'm a novice on the material, but if I understand correctly, EU was retconned non canon, but the works of EU that's done or referenced under the Legends banner IS canon... am I understanding right?

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Please correct me on this, I'm a novice on the material, but if I understand correctly, EU was retconned non canon, but the works of EU that's done or referenced under the Legends banner IS canon... am I understanding right?
    The truth is, I think, is that Star Wars canon will NEVER be resolved.
    Basically, Legends is potential canon but not necessarily.
    And then there's iron Canon.

26. - Top - End - #26

BlackDragon

The truth is, I think, is that Star Wars canon will NEVER be resolved.
    Basically, Legends is potential canon but not necessarily.
    And then there's iron Canon.
    That's too damn convoluted for space Samurai with magic

27. - Top - End - #27
    Banned

MK wins, obviously.

MK universe already has lightsabers, everyone is already superhuman, everyone already has some sort of conjuration effect that's not strictly limited to lightning, and so on. Like force ghosts? Those may be the pinnicle of power in the EU but about one third of the MK roster is some sort of combination ninja undead specter wraith soul eater. Ask Anakin Skywalker how effective fire can be then imagine a giant monster made out of it with the ability to control all the fire/lava/heat and by design is meant to devour an entire multiverse over time.

Now imagine that creature's head at the feet of Shao Khan and you'll start to understand the MK universe.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Isn't it more likely they'll end up in Street Fighter? (Owned by Disney, who also owns Marvel, who has an ongoing thing with Capcom...)
    Well, MK is owned by Warner Bros, right?

Mortal Kombat vs Potterverse: who wins?
    (I have no idea since I know almost nothing about Mortal Kombat ).

29. - Top - End - #29

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by 137ben View Post
    Well, MK is owned by Warner Bros, right?

Mortal Kombat vs Potterverse: who wins?
    (I have no idea since I know almost nothing about Mortal Kombat ).
    Potterverse is very weak. Striker alone could defeat them with enough ammo.

Now, MK vs DC... wait
    (sic)

My English non très bueno, da? CALL: 0800-BADGRINGO