New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XIX: I Emptied Your Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    Following up on something that was briefly discussed in the previous thread:
    Story synopsis of a fanfic that I'll probably never get around to writing, number... what number am I up to now?

Spoiler
    Show
    By day he is Blues Mayne, billionaire playcolt, entrepreneur, and one of Equestria's most elligible bachelors. But once the sun goes down he becomes Night Hunter, masked defender of innocent ponies and deliverer of vigilante justice to the streets of Coltham City.

Blues was not expecting the need for Night Hunter to have to make an appearance when he attended this year's Grand Galloping Gala in Canterlot; but all that changed when the Gala was disrupted by an attack from a new, evil villainess dubbed "Flutterrage" and her horde of enraged animal minions.

Tracking this mysterious filly to the quiet rural town of Ponyville, Blues Mayne/Night Hunter discovers that numerous animal attacks have taken place on the Ponyville populace - could this be the work of Flutterrage leading up to her assault on the Grand Galloping Gala? Can Night Hunter stop her before her next diabolical plan comes to fruition? Will Blues Mayne be able to fend off the amorous advances of the stunning Ponyville boutique owner and fashionista, Rarity? Or has Flutterrage already committed her most daring crime - stealing the heart of our intrepid hero? Find out in the next exciting installment of Night Hunter: Vigilante Pony!
    I support this with the fury of a thousand Suns. And this is pretty relevant.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Our folk heroes suck. We got a guy who wore a mask and got caught anyway and two guys who went for a walk and didn't make it. And really, that's pretty much it.

Oh, and we got the guy who shot down the Red Baron with a rifle, on foot. He was pretty cool.
    Simpson and his donkey are pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by darthbobcat View Post
    And let's not forget Sir Thadeus d'Foster, who paid off the dictionary people to add his name as a synonym for beer.
    Thadeus is a synonym for beer?

3. - Top - End - #183
    Troll in the Playground

Oh Dexam, you silly sheep.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

4. - Top - End - #184
    Firbolg in the Playground

The sockening
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

5. - Top - End - #185
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    The sockening
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ponies from across the world feel an urge to steal each others' socks until one pony claims THE PRIZE.

Which is an enormous pile of socks.

Also ponies are from Zeist.
    My anime review podcast is coming back after a one year hiatus! www.fivepointpodcast.com

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

The sockening
    Spoiler
    Show
    Why is baby Luna teething on Twilight's sock?
    Thanks to Dirty Tabs for the Travis pony.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

Breakdown Twilight from Pony Halloween celebration, thanks to Thanqol.

Thanks to Akrim.Elf for the awesome Laharl pony.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    It's really a time-travel clone created to weaponize d'aww
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

8. - Top - End - #188
    Troll in the Playground

It's really a time-travel clone created to weaponize d'aww
    This does nothing to answer my question.

Spoiler
    Show

Thanks to A Thousand Words for the My Little Simhata avatar, and thanks to Trixie for fixing the cropping.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Strife View Post
    Because after hours of teething, her Spider-Man sock was all gooey.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Troll in the Playground

Because after hours of teething, her Spider-Man sock was all gooey.
    I have to ask, whats with the Spider-Man/MLP stuff?

Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ettin in the Playground

Ponies from across the world feel an urge to steal each others' socks until one pony claims THE PRIZE.

Which is an enormous pile of socks.

Also ponies are from Zeist.
    Also, what's with the socks fetish on ponies lately? It is cute, but I was wondering how it started.
    Last edited by Grif; 2011-08-05 at 01:48 AM.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Also, what's with the socks fetish on ponies lately? It is cute, but I was wondering how it started.
    http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/0...nas-socks.html

I've never read it.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kindablue View Post
    As well you shouldn't, it being a Butterscotch Sundae fic, which are almost always near-clop and plot-lite. (And I mean plot in the normal sense).

It started long before that; there was just a picture of Luna in socks back in June or so. This was as a result of Hasbro releasing Celestia socks, which are what Luna is typically pictured in. It caught on, obviously.

Also, please don't call it a fetish. That makes me feel icky for finding besocked ponies cute.

60s Spider-Man is a meme, taking the bizarre poses from the 60s cartoon and adding captions. People combine it with ponies quite frequently, though in my case, the reference was just because I was thinking of something incongruous for Luna to have socks of.

Also this picture amuses me.

Spoiler
    Show
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-08-05 at 01:57 AM.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

As well you shouldn't, it being a Butterscotch Sundae fic, which are almost always near-clop and plot-lite. (And I mean plot in the normal sense).

It started long before that; there was just a picture of Luna in socks back in June or so. This was as a result of Hasbro releasing Celestia socks, which are what Luna is typically pictured in. It caught on, obviously.

Also, please don't call it a fetish. That makes me feel icky for finding besocked ponies cute.

60s Spider-Man is a meme, taking the bizarre poses from the 60s cartoon and adding captions. People combine it with ponies quite frequently, though in my case, the reference was just because I was thinking of something incongruous for Luna to have socks of.
    Didn't know any of that. The socks always did seem very fetishistic to me, though.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Troll in the Playground

Didn't know any of that. The socks always did seem very fetishistic to me, though.
    Yes, the way some people use them.

Rassn frassn percentage of the fandom.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

Yes, the way some people use them.

I don't know. Except for the "babies inside Christmas stockings" template, I can't think of any that don't seem like that.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Troll in the Playground

I don't know. Except for the "babies inside Christmas stockings" template, I can't think of any that don't seem like that.
    LALALALALALALA IT'S NOTHING BUT CUTENESS BECAUSE OF THE INCONGRUITY OF PONIES WEARING SOCKS LALALALALALALALALALALALALA.

Like, Pinkie's Saloon Girl outfit? That was fetishistic.

I've seen plenty of ponies in socks pictures that I just chalked up as being cute, it all being a matter of pose and reaction to wearing the socks.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

LALALALALALALA IT'S NOTHING BUT CUTENESS BECAUSE OF THE INCONGRUITY OF PONIES WEARING SOCKS LALALALALALALALALALALALALA.

Like, Pinkie's Saloon Girl outfit? That was fetishistic.

I've seen plenty of ponies in socks pictures that I just chalked up as being cute, it all being a matter of pose and reaction to wearing the socks.
    Hey, not trying to step on any toes. You're in good company. Elvis, Warhol, Tarantino.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground

Hey, not trying to step on any toes. You're in good company. Elvis, Warhol, Tarantino.
    Ahahahahahahahahaha oh wow. Accusing me of a foot fetish? I know my fetishes, and feet aren't among them.

(also I gotta say that I can't see Warhol and Tarantino as being good company to be involved in. Elvis is cool, though).

20. - Top - End - #200
    Ogre in the Playground

Ahahahahahahahahaha oh wow. Accusing me of a foot fetish? I know my fetishes, and feet aren't among them.

(also I gotta say that I can't see Warhol and Tarantino as being good company to be involved in. Elvis is cool, though).
    I did it for the pun.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

I did it for the pun.
    CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS PUN MASTERS GO!

Scootaloo: Puns!? PUNS are my cutie mark? WHY GOD WHY? WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS PUNISHMENT?

That, mostly.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ogre in the Playground

What would a cutie mark for a pony whose special talent is puns even look like?

23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground

What would a cutie mark for a pony whose special talent is puns even look like?

You could say she has turns of phrase... memeorized.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA H WON'T GET FOOLED AGAIN!

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    *skulldesk*

*skulldesk*

*skulldesk*

You know you just moving up on the list of "people whose internal organs I'm going to set on fire when my day comes" list for that, right?
    Achievement Unlocked.
    Also go go pedant powers: "pleasent" is spelled "pleasant".
    Last edited by Etcetera; 2011-08-05 at 03:14 AM.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Zevox View Post
    Yeah, that's not how that scene comes off to me at all. The tackle doesn't strike mas intentional, and the laughing just seems to be at the general situation and Twilight's reaction to it.
    that doesn't make much sense. Why would RD have run into her 'on accident'? The sky was clear, then blam. Contact, with the new pony in town.

Strange, I'd never have expected a reaction like that. Of course Rainbow's problem wasn't someone usurping her spotlight (yes Rarity entered the competition, but well after Rainbow's fears of failure had become very strong), but her belief that she was going to fail and embarrass herself in front of a crowd.
    RD's problem was Rarity was trying to outdo her. What was normal jitters became "even my friend who normally can't fly is doing better than me". In effect, her wingman was tying to get all the action themselves. Most masculine folk give a stern warning, then a punch.

Of course, this is going to suck if I have to differentiate between 'a man' and 'manlike', so I'm probably going to swing back and forth.

Very much so it seems. I don't tend to think of tomboys as being necessarily uncomfortable with feminine things - though some can be of course, and that's part of what lead me to refer Applejack as "the other tomboyish member of the group" earlier - but simply as displaying a generally more masculine attitude and preferences than a stereotypically feminine girl. Which Rainbow's focus on athletics, arrogance, desire to look "cool," and so on definitely fits.
    Tomboys are usually define as masculine girls, not unfeminine girls. Spinolli from Recess!, for example. Standard tomboy stereotype.

I am also thrown off by the thought that a girl who competes is masculine.

We must be familiar with very different cheeleader stereotypes. "Competitive" is not a term I tend to associate with them.
    I guess so. As far as I know, the inner workings of a cheer squad are a cliquish, violent pack of manipulative brood mares who constantly underutilize each other with poisoned sweetness and gossip.

Well duh, but we're not debating whether Rainbow is female or not. And whether her personality fits better with stereotypes of femininity or masculinity is independent of her sexuality.
    Kinda. You can't be a feminine guy if you are in fact a girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium Fox View Post
    Alright ponythread. I'm crashing for the night. Tomorrow, I'm hopping a plane to Denver, and I'll be gone until the 15th.

Wow. I'm going to miss three full threads of shipping and ponysanity. You know what? I'll catch up when I get back. I'll read all 4500 posts, and write a massive series of multi quotes in response.
    You will be a hero of the people. I'm not even kidding. I will glorify your name in every avenue I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
    Considering I made that image in a meme generator.

Woo! Go GitPonies!

Yes, the way some people use them. *

Woah there. Don't blame the sock thing on me. I keep my cute and my clop separate, thank you. 95% of this is for the sake of the joke.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Troll in the Playground

Wait... it's 1:00 AM. How are we still able to post?

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

I can't post.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Troll in the Playground

I can't post.
    Oh you're lucky I'm not a 60s Star Trek robot, or you'd get a bill for cleaning up my exploded circuits.
    Last edited by darthbobcat; 2011-08-05 at 03:23 AM.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Banned

Haha!

Wait... it's 1:00 AM. How are we still able to post?
    It used to be back during the first 8 or so threads, one day a week the thing wouldn't change until either 1:30, or not at all that day. There was a two month span where Sunday/Monday alternated which day wouldn't shut the board down.

30. - Top - End - #210
    Troll in the Playground

Writing Semper Fi (page 61 Woo Hoo). I realize that if I were a worse writer, I'd have a plot element where Soarin had to take Rainbow Dash's place as the element of loyalty. But I'm not, so I won't. Just thought I'd toss that plot orphan out there.