New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGuy

Default Soulknife = Green Lantern? character help Pathfinder

Hi everyone, long time fan, first time poster on this forum. Nice to finally say hi to all of you.

So let me get the point. I tend to ramble. I am trying to make a super hero character, we are doing pathfinder system but it will take place in a modern setting. Everyone is going to be a super hero. Starting at level 1. No idea what races we can actually pick, but I'm just gonna stick with human.

DM loves reading d20 modern stuff, so I'm willing to bet a few homebrew mixes of the 2 systems.

This DM has been awful when it came to items as well, so having a magical weapon at my level at all time will be good.

Basically I am making a green-lantern like character. Back story still in the air, thought about doing gentlemen master thief, but might for with cop/PI that moon lights as a super hero.

DM says he is open to homebrews if they make sense, so I don't mind making slight changes to the soulknife class to make it work.

If I wasn't going to do any changes, I was thinking of a soulknife mixed with war mind, and only pick psi powers that could be a reflection of being covered in green lantern power. Such as the power skate. I MAKE SKATES UNDER ME, or green light go around me. ect...

If I could homebrew it, I was going to make the soulknife gain physic warrior power points and power progression at the lost of a few abilities and/or restrictions on what powers I could get.

Any feed back will be nice, Thank you.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Soulknife = Green Lantern? character help Pathfinder

If you can find a Wisdom based class you'd like, I'd suggest getting Shapesand(D&D3.5) as your Anyitem. While it seems you're using pure pathfinder, its not broken, and it would be easy to reflavor.(Actually, I had recently been thinking about making a GL in Pathfinder. What a coincidence. )
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashmir View Post
    When I die, I donate my body to the cause of whatever ******* finds it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodgruve View Post
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...
    Blood~

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

RogueGuy

Good to know I am not alone on this quest. :p

Another good find is, that there is a class alternative called Gifted Blade, in the Pathfinder book, Psionics Expanded: Unlimited Possibilities. Which replace psychic strike with the gain of psionic powers. Which can add much needed versatility.

Which book is Shapesand in?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lockgar View Post
    Which book is Shapesand in?
    Sandstorm, pretty obviously, alot of the good fire stuff is in there, and sand stuff is pretty common in there (at least i think it is)
    My Homebrew: found here.
    When you Absolutely, Positively, Gotta Drop some Huge rocks, Accept NO Substitutes

PM Me if you would like a table from my homebrew reconstructed.

Drow avatar @ myself

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by toapat View Post
    Sandstorm, pretty obviously, alot of the good fire stuff is in there, and sand stuff is pretty common in there (at least i think it is)
    Yup. Its in with the Alchemical Items. Which in other news means it doesn't shut down in AMF or get dispeled. That being said, its hard to control a large quantity, but it can make smaller mundane weapons pretty easily. So you could switch from a bludgeoning weapon to a piercing, or switch to a ranged weapon...ect based on the situation. You can also make tools out of it for bonuses on skill checks, and it could make armor, or simply act as a barrier, blocking line of sight and line of effect.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashmir View Post
    When I die, I donate my body to the cause of whatever ******* finds it first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodgruve View Post
    Really though, how effin scary would the beach be if an octopus could launch itself outta the water at a 200' move speed every 6 seconds. I'd never go to the beach again... I thought flying sharks were scary...
    Blood~