New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] AMEN XLIV: Beware Falling Flowers

Quote Originally Posted by Drowlord View Post
    Common Room
    It's orders. He needs to let the demons have the cake's soul first. Besides, what kind of cheap knockoff magic talisman lets items become stale?

"Hello, Magtok. What is it you would like to speak about?"
    Common Room

Magtok shrugs. "You're the one who wanted to talk, elf. I just provided a location we could do so, away from the prying eyes of the unwashed masses. How's the Nexus been treating you?"
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Unhooded Magtok avvie by urodivoi

2. - Top - End - #752
    Halfling in the Playground

[Common Room]

Thump. Thud. Thump. The ferret-cage continues to bounce around violently as the mad creatures try to escape.

BANG.

And there it goes onto the floor. Isabelle is still just calmly watching her, um, watch.

Snarls, hissing, scratching noises. Crunch. Crunch. The ferrets continue their antics, biting the bars more frequently.

CRUNCH.

It was only a matter of time before one of the bars suffered more than one ferret bite, and there it goes, a huge chunk of it taken out. The ferrets scrabble furiously over one another, squeezing out through the gap one at a time and rushing aimlessly across the floor.

Isabelle smiles and makes a note of the time taken to escape. "Very good dears, you're making wonderful progress. Carry on." And now she's back to staring at the watch again.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

3. - Top - End - #753

Common Room
    "Pretty well. This is what I wished to speak of."
    He stares at Magtok, his eyes glowing slightly.
    "In my world, I was a skilled, intelligent master of men and magic. I have lost most of my men, and I have no use for my magic or skills. If there is a way I can hone my skills or join an organization to better their state, I would do so. I do not know if there is one in the Nexus that allows one to hone one's skills, especially these."
    He stroked the spider atop the ruby on his talisman. It might have been an illusion, but anyone watching might have seen its eyes glow faintly in return, and a small chitter came from the pendant.
    Characters in Lords of Creation games:
    Aquaeris, Flowing Sheen.
    Xacha, the Metal Serpent.
    Viltasa, the Evening Star.
    Yash-Ko, the Flame of the Void.
    Argul Lugra, Lord of the Eyes.
    Vriset, the Glassblower.
    Valendron, Ascending Wind.

Drow Lord avatar by Dread Angel.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    [Main Room - Plane of Chaos]

"How unfriendly."

Handle himself In the Nexus? Oh clarissa is much to high in the ranks of power to understand what that means. Zefir barly won any thoughts he fled near everyone since every damn person in this Realm has an ability to beat hi without getting exhausted. Otherwise he didn't need to pick up such strong but dangerouse Items he got.

Well Chaos just picks the things said before and heads to Ele. He goes whispering with him and since I'm not sure how good Clarissa can hear I Spoiler what he sais.

Spoiler
    Show
    "Listen Ele. You will stay here. I fear that when you leave as well, this guy will have some seriouse problems and we both know this guy can't handle things. Stay behind and work for him until I come and catch you."

After Ele nods Chaos wents over to the body giving him something to drink from it and after a few moments the body starts moving and chaos in this plane dissapears. The man suddenly flips up from his laying possition taking the falling spear.

"Ah nice thing here, but I need to break some bones and stuff to get all in."

While he brakes his arm and readjust it the world changes and makes a much more normal world. Ele and the new chaos are the only remaining things even the blob and the golem dissapear. Ele takes of the chains from Zefir and throws the body at Clarissa.

"Now let's go back then, shall we?"

He heads for the portal geting smaller now. The portal willlead them back to AMEN.

Although Clarissa normally retains super-duper-sensitive hearing abilities, today she's not even going to try to monitor Chaos's secret orders. Viewing his covert whispering is as much of the relaying of intelligence as she needs to know.

She'll seek to run a few tests on Zefir once his physical and mental status improves to guarantee that he stays that way! But that can wait until she evacuates herself and Zefir from this plane!

Clarissa attempts to take the comatose or perhaps entranced Zefir up in her arms, leap out the portal with him, and deposit him on the couch back in the Main Room. Poor guy will need his rest when he comes to and is lucid again, she's certain!

-------
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Ilphy's Office - Hatter]

"Errr... that's alright. You seem to have plenty of other references. What do you mean by Almost the Moon? Did you nearly destroy the moon recently?"
    [Ilphy's Office - Hatty]

"Yes. I almost blew it to smithereens with a volley of missiles back when the 'stars were right.' Gordon didn't like that idea very much so the moon was never exploded and our tides are still more or less the same."

Because the stars can't be right if a few celestial bodies have gone missing, right!

5. - Top - End - #755
    Orc in the Playground

Flying Fiasco

"I would imagine the wards strengthen the castle's structure, perhaps serve as an alarm system, and protect against elemental damage. They might work together; raising an alarm when the structure is on fire, for example. But they're guesses, and they could be more violent, with the wards acting as tripwires for mechanical traps or triggering spells." Nephrim suggests. She has some familiarity with flying castles, but most of Pazuzu's castles aren't warded or are warded in such a way that nobody can enter except their vrock inhabitants.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

6. - Top - End - #756
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Alexandrian View Post

Although Clarissa normally retains super-duper-sensitive hearing abilities, today she's not even going to try to monitor Chaos's secret orders. Viewing his covert whispering is as much of the relaying of intelligence as she needs to know.

She'll seek to run a few tests on Zefir once his physical and mental status improves to guarantee that he stays that way! But that can wait until she evacuates herself and Zefir from this plane!

Clarissa attempts to take the comatose or perhaps entranced Zefir up in her arms, leap out the portal with him, and deposit him on the couch back in the Main Room. Poor guy will need his rest when he comes to and is lucid again, she's certain!
    [Main Room - Not the Plane of Chaos]

Comatose seems to e the right fact here since he is under the influence of her knock out liquid. how long it stays is up to her, since I don't know how long it keeps up.

Chaos just steps out next to her and the plane portal close.

"What a wonderful day. This guy got his body back and I got a new one who allows me to use my own magic. It's.... Deliciouse."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

7. - Top - End - #757
    Orc in the Playground

Ilpholin's Office - Phineas

"Well, I can hardly claim to know what her plans are, you realize. But not a very large portion, just enough to give her some political clout. After all, taking over everything wouldn't be any fun, would it? No challenge in that." Phineas doesn't appear too sure about this last part, and it seems like he's simply repeating what someone told him. He shakes off his doubts with ease, however, and his annoying grin returns.

"And, of course, you're the only group who would possibly be sympathetic to her cause. I mean, you wont automatically hate us 'cause we're 'evil'. Although I'm sure she'll be sending representatives to HALO and such to pass herself off as good." He twitches, and shakes his head violently back and forth before returning to normal.
    ~Sneaky Weasel~

Brilliant American McGee's Alice avatar by the fantastic Paisley

Previous Avatar by the wonderful Strawberries:
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #758
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilpholin's Office - Phineas

"And perhaps she's sending representatives to organizations to pass herself off as evil too, hmm?" Ilpholin continues drumming.

"You come here offering peace, but you claim she is above caring, that it'd be too easy for her to take it all. You give no indication as to which area you might desire so as to ascertain whether it does interfere with our operations or not. You even admit that she's probably lying to someone else about her goals."

She stops and leans forward. "It appears to me that you are, in fact, quite desperate for us to cooperate."

[Ilphy's Office - Hatty]

"All the same, the moon makes a very poor reference." Better with past experience.

"I don't suppose you could be more specific on who said it couldn't be done, or who scoffed?" Ilpholin asks.

[Common Room]

Oh geeze. Ferrets! Ferrets are arch-enemies of roses everywhere.
    Or was that badgers?
    Stu doesn't really remember. He just runs away screaming as fast as he can anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

9. - Top - End - #759

Ilpholin's Office - Harley the Scarred Woman Space/Timeline

"Oh, no, of course not." She shakes her head vigorously. "The only place where this sword has cut me is on my left leg. And my left leg hates it."

As she had never thought about this before, about why those specific parts want to be good, she starts to reason through it by herself. "My right hand, obvious. It's my sword hand and it's obviously feeling lovesick of slashing things to little bits." That one makes sense.

"The left shoulderblade..." She thinks a little bit, putting a finger and a thumb up to her chin and rubbing it over and over, as if she's thinking really hard. "This is hard."
    "..."
    "I suppose that it's really a treacherous something, and has given heed to the sword's call."
    Given that the sword and scabbard both rest on her left shoulderblade, that also makes sense. (The sword is hanging across her back, with the hilt between her left shoulder and her left ear.)

"This part of my face, including my eye. Why in the world would it want this?" she thinks aloud.
    Then, she remembers her High School Psychology class. "Oh! I know. This part of my face is controlled by the same part of my mind that hates my sister." She nods, as if that makes perfect sense.

"Although, the lungs, I have no idea." She shrugs. "Maybe it's a rebellious teenager sort of thing. Or some kind of twisted tragic love story."

"So, cutting them off. I've never tried that. Maybe it'll work."

Then, a few seconds later, she remembers. "Oh, wait, I have tried it before. It hurt almost as much as that time where I tried to swallow a drunken lizard and Poprocks at the same time."

"Although, it's worth a shot to try again. After all, the little engine didn't go over that cliff by not trying."
    Last edited by 5a Violista; 2012-07-25 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Actually, it went over because somebody screwed up its brakes.

10. - Top - End - #760

Quote Originally Posted by Gnrlshrimp View Post
    [Common Room]

Thump. Thud. Thump. The ferret-cage continues to bounce around violently as the mad creatures try to escape.

BANG.

And there it goes onto the floor. Isabelle is still just calmly watching her, um, watch.

Snarls, hissing, scratching noises. Crunch. Crunch. The ferrets continue their antics, biting the bars more frequently.

CRUNCH.

It was only a matter of time before one of the bars suffered more than one ferret bite, and there it goes, a huge chunk of it taken out. The ferrets scrabble furiously over one another, squeezing out through the gap one at a time and rushing aimlessly across the floor.

Isabelle smiles and makes a note of the time taken to escape. "Very good dears, you're making wonderful progress. Carry on." And now she's back to staring at the watch again.
    Main Room
    One of the Mechano-panthers slinks over, watching the ferrets intently in case they get out of hand.
    Mindfreak by...I don't quite know who
    Nexus Characters | Pokemon RPG Rules
    Busy with Life

11. - Top - End - #761
    Ogre in the Playground

"That's very..." Random. "Elaborate, thank you."

"We'll cross that bridge if necessary. In the meantime, I'm sure we can find other ways to corrupt you."

"Now... past experience generally refers to other related jobs. Can you tell me about some you did?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Troll in the Playground

No doubt a few henchmen giggle at the screaming, fleeing Stu!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

13. - Top - End - #763

Oh. That makes more sense, she thinks. Past job experience with similar jobs. "To tell the truth, I haven't actually held a steady job for a while," she says, as if that was a sorta shameful thing.
    Which it is.

"But," says Harley, suddenly brightening up, "I did do some odd jobs once in a while. Once, I broke into a jail. Another time, I broke out. I also kidnapped someone in a large keep by sneaking up on them and then tricking them into tying themselves up with a little rope."

"However, I have never saved a princess from a firebreathing dragon, though. But that's because I ain't no Prince Charming." She winks at just the right spot.

"Oh. I also ambushed a group of people, all by myself. Y'see, it was at night, and they were all trying to find something in some lost dungeon, and so I strategically placed lamps and traps and other likewise stuff all around them, to trick them into thinking there was more than just me. Then I just made them start fighting each other, using the obvious "Shapeshift yourself into one of them, and start a fight making them think that the other one's a traitor, and by the time they saw that there was just one of me, they were already all tired out."

14. - Top - End - #764
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well you must be charming enough to get someone to want to be tied up by you." Ilpholin comments.

Still those were... well...
    There'd need to be some work done with this one. Admittedly, though, Ilpholin didn't have very many questions left. This might be the shortest interview she's done.

"Can you tell me the names of the jails you broke into and out of?" Those would suffice quite nicely for checking the validity of Harley's story.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

15. - Top - End - #765

"Maybe," she says to the charming comment. She shudders at the memory. "But it was a woman. That's so..." She tries to think of a word for it. "...disturbing."

It could be the shortest interview that she's ever had, if she doesn't include that half-hour monologue that wasn't included in speech text. (Unless everybody does that.)

"Okay..." She tries to think back. "You'd better write this down, because I don't have a Latitude or Longitude address of them..." She starts telling Ilpholin how to get to the place where she broke into. It leads to a distant world connected to the Nexus, into a deep mountainous forest. There, she'll find a randomly placed Paladin Order out in the middle of the forest, where everyone wears blue and is really shifty and seem to be hiding something. "I broke into that one to...repay a debt. Someone who had saved my life before was imprisoned there." No, she doesn't know where that person is now.

The second one, which she broke out of, is in the Abyss; If Ilpholin recalls the filled-out form, she'll recognize that the address is near Harley's older sister's residence. "That was...um...during my 'Good' stint." She describes how to get there, which layer of the Abyss you have to go to, which dungeon to go to, which rights and lefts and twisty spiral staircases you have to go to, and which traps you should avoid, to get all the way to the cell where she was held in. She can still vividly recall planning out her escape, despite being so old (I mean, how many people over 300 years old can remember every step they took several years ago?).
    "But the main office is just to the left."

Then, she realizes that the question wasn't "How do you get there?", but "What is the name of the jails?"
    "Oops." "The first one is called "The Darkest Dungeon for the Dreadest Enemies of the Holiest Knights of the Purplest Heart", and the second one is called "Ms. Holly's Playroom". Weird names, I know. They should've given them a simpler name, like "Freedom Jail" or something like that."

16. - Top - End - #766
    Ogre in the Playground

Ilpholin peers at Harley.
    "Let me get this straight. You're a shapeshifter, a powerful shapeshifter, over three and a half centuries old. Yet you've decided you have a gender, female, and find lesbianism disturbing?" Ilpholin would raise both eyebrows if that didn't defeat the point of raising one.

"Anyways, I think we'll be bringing you on as a sort of... intern. Due to your curse, I'm wary of you becoming a full member. Now, once we find a way to deal with your sword problem, we can probably promote you, but until then I think that's the best we can do. That won't be a problem will it?" Chances are she won't notice the difference between an intern and full member anyways.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

17. - Top - End - #767

Harley shrinks back into her chair. (She might actually shrink a little.) In addition, she slouches down, and her unblinking eyes stare at Ilpholin. She may have gotten just a little intimidated by the peering.
    "Yes, Ma'am." she squeaks. ""Isn't that normal, though?"

She can now understand how Ilpholin is the leader, despite not having any enormous trophies in the room.

"And it's 'Evil Shapeshifter', not 'Powerful Shapeshifter'," Harley adds, just a little late.
    Apparently, there's a difference between the two.

Then, after the intimidation starts to wear off, she (Harley, with a scar on the left side of her face) sits upright, and nods. "Yes, that's fair. It works."Being an intern probably isn't all that bad. "I think that it'll help."

18. - Top - End - #768
    Ogre in the Playground

"Well you're certainly entitled to your views." Disappointing to Ilpholin that they may be.

"Alright then. Intern it is. Is there anything else you needed?"
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

19. - Top - End - #769

"Yes, I am," Harley agrees, nodding. Agreeing with the boss is always a good idea, especially when you're new.

"Nope. There's nothing else," she says, now shaking her head.

That went well, she then thinks.

20. - Top - End - #770

Quote Originally Posted by Drowlord View Post
    Common Room
    "Pretty well. This is what I wished to speak of."
    He stares at Magtok, his eyes glowing slightly.
    "In my world, I was a skilled, intelligent master of men and magic. I have lost most of my men, and I have no use for my magic or skills. If there is a way I can hone my skills or join an organization to better their state, I would do so. I do not know if there is one in the Nexus that allows one to hone one's skills, especially these."
    He stroked the spider atop the ruby on his talisman. It might have been an illusion, but anyone watching might have seen its eyes glow faintly in return, and a small chitter came from the pendant.
    Common Room

Magtok raises an eyebrow and shrugs his shoulders. "There's a few places, all of which could use an individual like you. It all comes down to your personal moral code, though. I think you can guess what an association of the malicious is like, but the others aren't so self-explanatory. NO is full of mercs with a weird no-assassinations limitation holding them back, MURDER deals with all those murder contracts that they don't, and Watchtower are arguably the good guys. They stomp the throat of anything that looks big enough to threaten the entire world."
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

21. - Top - End - #771
    Troll in the Playground

[Meanwhile, in a hallway...]

A shadow portal opens up, and Becky walks out of it...

Well, wobbles out of it. Seems she has weak legs.
    She's also wearing what appears to be her boots, and a piece of dental floss, and that's it.
    Well, aside from the huge grin on her face.

That and the tattoo on the small of her back...
    Last edited by The Bushranger; 2012-07-26 at 09:59 PM.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

22. - Top - End - #772
    Halfling in the Playground

[Common Room]

Isabelle gets up, still smiling, and steps in front of the mechano-panther.

No interfering with her experiment, now, thank you!

The three ferrets take a moment to figure out what to do next.

Then one of them chases after Stu.

The other two leap at Magtok, aiming to start biting chunks out of the metal side of his face.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Ogre in the Playground

[Front Door]

Cautiously, but openly, a drow approached the front door of the AMEN compound. He was dressed simply in blackened chainmail worn over black leather armor. He was armed fairly standardly, a rapier, a pair of daggers, and a hand crossbow clipped to his belt.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

24. - Top - End - #774
    Troll in the Playground

[Front Door]

A rather nervous-looking henchman, Sienna, peered through the slot in the door.
    "You wanna come in, ya give me the password."

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #775

Common Room

"Aaaugh! They're eating my face! Ferrets are eating my ****ing face!"

Magtok runs and panics and screams, abandoning his polite and civil conversation with some unnamed drow fellow to flail about like a decapitated chicken. He tries to yank the things off and throw them away, but knowing how these sorts of situations usually go for Maggy, it probably won't work out so well.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

26. - Top - End - #776
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Flying Fiasco

"I would imagine the wards strengthen the castle's structure, perhaps serve as an alarm system, and protect against elemental damage. They might work together; raising an alarm when the structure is on fire, for example. But they're guesses, and they could be more violent, with the wards acting as tripwires for mechanical traps or triggering spells." Nephrim suggests. She has some familiarity with flying castles, but most of Pazuzu's castles aren't warded or are warded in such a way that nobody can enter except their vrock inhabitants.
    Flying Fiasco

"Well, I'll leave it to you three. Cybil here can provide any more answers to questions you might have and Megan will provide whatever equipment she can manage that you might need. Good luck ladies and gentlemen." Ilpholin bows and heads off, content that as long as they keep posting, they'll make it through ok.

[Halls]

Gah! They're actually chasing him! HIM!
    First time in his life someone's actually decided being near Stu was a good idea.

I imagine the ferret can catch up, unless it's one that relies on outlasting its opponent in stamina. Then Stu will win that race. But it'll be very annoying and loud as he screams his way through the hallways.

"Welcome to AMEN then. I wish you luck. Make sure you introduce yourself to people and ask around for help on your curse. You won't get far if you don't put yourself out there." With that bit of advice, the door opens to allow Harley to leave.

[Front Door]

Mister Squiggles skitters up beside Sienna.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast

27. - Top - End - #777
    Ogre in the Playground

[Front Door]

The drow frowns, annoyed by the somewhat rude rebuttal. "I wish to speak with Mistress Ilpholin Xar'Cha. I was not aware a password was required for entry."
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

28. - Top - End - #778

Leaving the Ilpholin's Office => Common Room

"Thank you," Harley says, standing up. After standing up, she gives a little Japanese-style bow, before turning to leave the office.

She leaves there to go to the Common Room, to find ferrets eating the faces off of people. She raises an eyebrow, and looks confused. "Who knew so much could happen in so short time?" she asks herself.

For those who weren't there when Harley, AMEN's newest Intern, introduced herself (I'm pretty sure that's a lot of you), she's a woman who is not particularly beautiful, and she has a long scar on the left side of her face, running from her eyebrow down her cheekbone.
    She also has an ancient-looking sword on her back, the hilt poking up over her left shoulder, that is covered in dust and grime and the sword is rusted shut to the scabbard.

29. - Top - End - #779
    Troll in the Playground

[Front Door]

"C'mon in then. And the password wuz 'Swordfish'."

And Sienna opens the door!

Since Mister Squiggles creeps him out!

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    BR by Dr. Bath

Homebrew

30. - Top - End - #780
    Ogre in the Playground

[Front Door]

And if Mister Squiggles wanted you to keep the door closed? Did you think of that, huh Squiggles' next meal Sienna?

Mister Squiggles chitters politely to the drow before turning to lead him to Ilpholin's Office.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Tale as old as thread
    Reinholdt was the Beast