New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Walking Dead- Season Two (Probably will be spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by Reverent-One View Post
    We had some good walker scenes this time, between the "ZOMG! Walkers!" moment of them coming out of the window en masse, and Rick shooting a walker through another walker.
    Yes, shooting he walker through a walker scene was awesome.

Also, is anyone else suspicious that the "Scratches" that turned those 2 zombie policemen were not the cause of them turning into zombies?
    My own webcomic. Idiosyncrasy.
    Paladin Academy: Chapter 2 Part 28

2. - Top - End - #272
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anderlith View Post
    So this episode has me even more angry at the writers.

Glen seems like a great canadate to go & drop the kid off, he is the "going into town" expert after all. But no, they had to have Shane & Rick by themselves, so that they can start fighting. Then the most useless person in the group has to get into an arguement with the most annoying person in the group because the farm girl wants to suicide.
    Hey at least someone told Laurie off for acting like the queen bee of zombie town

3. - Top - End - #273
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by blackspeeker View Post
    Hey at least someone told Laurie off for acting like the queen bee of zombie town
    Yeah but it was Andrea, (who also feels like the Queen Bee of Zombieville) so it doesn't count. It's like when two pretentious ignorant girls catfight

4. - Top - End - #274
    Ettin in the Playground

I was mostly twigged by Lori's "Let the men handle the man stuff - we should be in the kitchen" attitude.

Andrea comes off infinitely more reasonable after that.

And I think I've figured out that while Andrea is female Shane, she has a major difference in that she is actually capable of being a team player. So the question becomes what will it take to get her and Shane to start falling apart.
    Last edited by SaintRidley; 2012-02-28 at 10:28 AM.
    Linguist and Invoker of Orcus of the Rudisplorker's Guild
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

5. - Top - End - #275
    Troll in the Playground

If you DVR and watch the episode later or anything, really don't read this spoiler.

Spoiler
    Show
    Holy <insert four letter word of choice>! Poor Dale. I'm going to miss him. Hopefully it's not in vain and the group pulls itself together. Also that doing the right thing doesn't come back to bite them too much. The writers might take it that way though.
    Thanks to Elrond for the Vash avatar.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Reverent-One View Post
    If you DVR and watch the episode later or anything, really don't read this spoiler.

Spoiler
    Show
    Holy <insert four letter word of choice>! Poor Dale. I'm going to miss him. Hopefully it's not in vain and the group pulls itself together. Also that doing the right thing doesn't come back to bite them too much. The writers might take it that way though.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Agreed poor Dale, but I honestly want this to fracture the group to the point where rick and Shane will pick teams and part ways so we can see one group try and be civilized and another become more shoot first think later as dale said. Also those damned zombies will never get Carl

7. - Top - End - #277
    Titan in the Playground

And remember kids, Don't play with guns walkers. Someone might get hurt.

In all seriousness, yes, poor dale.

And looking at the scenes from the next episode... (Spoiler)
    Spoiler
    Show
    They should have shot the guy. Well, atleast they have a reason to now. Let the hunt begin!

8. - Top - End - #278
    Orc in the Playground

To be perfectly fair: If I was captured by a group of people who treated me the way this group treated me?

I'd betray them in a second too. I'd go back to the people who don't torture me physically and psychologically, the people who, as flawed as they are, as bad as they may be, might actually want me around... and tell them where the maniacs are, and help to kill them all.
    Last edited by 0Megabyte; 2012-03-05 at 01:44 AM.
    Assassin avatar by the awesome Elder Tsofu.

9. - Top - End - #279
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 0Megabyte View Post
    To be perfectly fair: If I was captured by a group of people who treated me the way this group treated me?

I'd betray them in a second too. I'd go back to the people who don't torture me physically and psychologically, the people who, as flawed as they are, as bad as they may be, might actually want me around... and tell them where the maniacs are, and help to kill them all.
    To be fair, the group that tortured you physically and psycologically also didn't abandon you to walkers and just gave you "One chance, don't Blow it."

Also, I knew we couldn't trust him when he was saying to the kid, "Let me go. I'll take you to my group and you'll be safe." I was actually hoping that a form of execution was to feed him to the walker. But then of course, the stupid kid didn't tell anyone about it! (I understand why, kid didn't want to get into trouble saying he got within a couple feet of a walker. But the kid is starting to become somewhat of a liability now. *Sigh*)

10. - Top - End - #280
    Ettin in the Playground

On the plus side, this might bring some character development Carl's way. Have to learn to deal with walkers the proper way and also he'll have a lot of thinking and atonement to do for essentially killing Dale.
    Fantasy literature is ONLY worthwhile for what it can tell us about the real world; everything else is petty escapism.
    No author should have to take the time to say, "This little girl ISN'T evil, folks!" in order for the reader to understand that. It should be assumed that no first graders are irredeemably Evil unless the text tells you they are.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

That's the thing... At first it would have made perfect sense to recruit the guy after some careful evaluation of his character. But then they had to treat him like crap, and now there's no other choice then to kill him. The group has no shortage of people thinking emotionally, but they have a cruel lack of rational thinkers, and that causes a lot of their problems (I don't think rationality and morality are mutually exclusive BTW, just decide how you're willing to act and then be rational about it). So now the only character left who tried to act decently rather then with mindless ruthlessness in the false hope that such ruthlessness somehow makes him tough enough to survive is horribly dead (but the guy was seriously weak, the zombie can't have weighed more then 120 pounds, and he wasn't able to push it off). So yeah, the cool old guy is dead, Lauri is dumb as bricks, her only meaningful duty is making sure Carl doesn't do something stupid, (not that I blame him too much, he's a kid who has seen things you don't escape unharmed from) and she continuously fail horribly at that.

Oh well, at least maybe Rick will come to his senses now, not that they won't have to kill the kid, they've made him into an enemy after all. Maybe Daryll will stop sulking and become Awesome McRedneck again too.

Am I the only one thinking Hershel is trying to keep Glenn at the farm when the group goes? He knows he's good for Maggie and that he himself won't be able to protect his girls much longer.
    Last edited by thorgrim29; 2012-03-05 at 02:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    So what do you think? What is best use for Signatures?
    To curate my brilliance and wit, of course. Any other use is a waste.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Ettin in the Playground

Now that you bring it up, that short scene with Hershel and Glenn was really well done.

I'm curious how the group will be split by the end of the season. They're going to have to leave the farm by then, given what news there's been for season 3, and I don't see the whole group staying together that long. You might be right about Glenn staying. Or maybe Maggie will leave the farm. Not sure.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 0Megabyte View Post

To go back to parasitic rapists, murderers and thiefs who ABANDONED him, than this group who SAVED him and patched him up? Sure we knocked a few teeth out afterward to get information. He did shoot at them afterall. Then they make it quite clear they are not going to kill him afterall.

Yeah, we sure sound like the worse party.
    Helping others is a good and noble cause, but sometimes the best way you can help them is by lending them a sword and telling them to go slay their own damned dragons.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Joxer t' Mighty View Post
    To go back to parasitic rapists, murderers and thiefs who ABANDONED him, than this group who SAVED him and patched him up? Sure we knocked a few teeth out afterward to get information. He did shoot at them afterall. Then they make it quite clear they are not going to kill him afterall.

Yeah, we sure sound like the worse party.
    Unless of course he is a parasitic rapist, murderer and thief as well.

Good episode in my opinion. Sad about you know who though. I hope someone else will fill that role now. Loved that we got to see Darryl being more of a badass, he needs more screentime still.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mathis View Post
    Unless of course he is a parasitic rapist, murderer and thief as well.

Good episode in my opinion. Sad about you know who though. I hope someone else will fill that role now. Loved that we got to see Darryl being more of a badass, he needs more screentime still.
    Good point.

And Agreed. More badassery is needed!

16. - Top - End - #286
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JadedDM View Post
    Actually, not just her. She's just by far the worst offender. To those who read the comics, I have to ask, are all the women totally useless in them, too? Or is it just the show? It's pretty offensive.
    Yes. It's obnoxious. I'm a pretty sexist person and I basically stopped reading the graphic novels because of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyndmyr View Post
    Yeah, you've got two very strong female chars in the comics. There's some weak ones and moderate ones too, but overall, you get a much better spread of ability. Feels more realistic.
    Whaa? Andrea has a "I want to come too! I can shoot, Even Though I am a Woman" moment every time there's a fight, and at one point, the women get together and vote for a system of government where none of them get a vote. As soon as they get to the prison, every female in the group immediately drops everything and tries to shack up with a man so they can "protect" them.

I actually like the show because the women have been slightly more useful, and I'm sort of glad Andrea has the addressed the "Why don't you and the other chicks help fight??" thing. I'm a little nervous it's headed in that direction anyway, but slower. Rick's freakout has been foreshadowed and is coming. And while the women not helping with fights has been partially justified by the limited number of guns, that's less of a factor now, and Andrea is the only one who's expressed an interest in being taught to shoot.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Dwarf in the Playground

I was curious if Randall would nark on Shane and Andrea for potentially plotting against Rick, but guess that's out of the question. It might have been interesting to see how things pan out, but then again, why should they trust a stranger who could be using this as a way to turn everyone against each other.

Quote Originally Posted by thorgrim29 View Post
    So now the only character left who tried to act decently rather then with mindless ruthlessness in the false hope that such ruthlessness somehow makes him tough enough to survive is horribly dead (but the guy was seriously weak, the zombie can't have weighed more then 120 pounds, and he wasn't able to push it off).
    I was disappointed with Dale's death scene. How does a walker just sneak up on you? Was he panicking too loudly to hear it? I think he should have been able to take down that walker, but they just had to write him off. Pretty ironic that the guy who doesn't want to go through with the death sentence gets killed.

Edit: Can't believe we got to see T-Dog in this one. I almost forgot he existed.
    Last edited by ThreadKiller; 2012-03-05 at 06:50 PM.

18. - Top - End - #288
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ThreadKiller View Post
    I was disappointed with Dale's death scene. How does a walker just sneak up on you? Was he panicking too loudly to hear it? I think he should have been able to take down that walker, but they just had to write him off. Pretty ironic that the guy who doesn't want to go through with the death sentence gets killed.
    Ninja zombies. They are becoming more and more prominent in this show. They are completely silent until the last possible second.

Remember way back in the first episode? It was outright explained that a single, lone zombie is not dangerous. Only when they are in a big group are they trouble. It's a shame the writers have completely forgotten that since the second season began.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Orc in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by ThreadKiller View Post
    I was disappointed with Dale's death scene. How does a walker just sneak up on you?
    That's actually one of Siskel's (from siskel and ebert) specifically defined tropes of very crappy films.

"Anything that is not directly on camera is totally invisible or impossible for the character to detect, by any means."

So even tho Dale is in an open field, and the moon is out, and it is quiet (he is even alerted to the walker's presence), he simply CANNOT see the damn thing because it is not in the camera's field of vision. That is, until the camera pans around and BAM! Zombie in your face SURPRISE MuthaF"$%*!ka!!

What bothers me to no end, beyond even this, is the fact that after surviving for untold weeks in what has clearly been established by the characters as an "abject hell where civilisation has collapsed and death lurks around every corner", the writers still have our idiot group doing night patrol alone. Seriously. Alone. I wouldn't even go out behind the barn alone in broad daylight. Hey where's succulant child roast Carl? Oh i dunno, off playing in the woods by himself again, I guess. Haven't seen him in a couple hours...

These guys should be immune to zombie attacks, considering they obviously dont have brains. Oh wait, thats the writers. (dont get me started on the house that isnt even fortified against walker assaults).

If I didnt love zombies so much, I would have written this show off many episodes ago. As it stands, I wont be buying any merchandise.

Edit: if you are wondering about token black guy, its because he has been entirely upstaged by token asian guy (who was lucky enough to actually get a major character). They cant write him off completely tho until he's dead dead, hence the occasional "i apparently still exist" cameo. Token multiculturalism is another of Siskel's tropes of very crappy films (and one that south park played ingeniously on).
    Last edited by Caesar; 2012-03-06 at 10:32 AM.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Colossus in the Playground

If you watched the preview after the episode,
    Spoiler
    Show

they spare the kid, but he runs away and then they go hunting for him. So he was evil all along I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

21. - Top - End - #291
    Firbolg in the Playground

Imp

I don't think any episode has hammered home like this one the point that the writers, without Darabont, have no idea what they're doing with these characters.
    Spoiler: I've checked out the spoiler thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    Show
    I've checked out the comic thoroughly and there's no actual erotic Harry Potter fanfiction
    I can't find the one with the "cartoon butt," though.
    OK, finally tracked the Naked Superheroes guy down
    What do you see as being objectionable about it? The use of the word "bimbos"?
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    There are no nipples or genitals
    Looks like a nipple when I look close.
    Then don't look close.

22. - Top - End - #292
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    That's actually one of Siskel's (from siskel and ebert) specifically defined tropes of very crappy films.

"Anything that is not directly on camera is totally invisible or impossible for the character to detect, by any means."

So even tho Dale is in an open field, and the moon is out, and it is quiet (he is even alerted to the walker's presence), he simply CANNOT see the damn thing because it is not in the camera's field of vision. That is, until the camera pans around and BAM! Zombie in your face SURPRISE MuthaF"$%*!ka!!

What bothers me to no end, beyond even this, is the fact that after surviving for untold weeks in what has clearly been established by the characters as an "abject hell where civilisation has collapsed and death lurks around every corner", the writers still have our idiot group doing night patrol alone. Seriously. Alone. I wouldn't even go out behind the barn alone in broad daylight. Hey where's succulant child roast Carl? Oh i dunno, off playing in the woods by himself again, I guess. Haven't seen him in a couple hours...

These guys should be immune to zombie attacks, considering they obviously dont have brains. Oh wait, thats the writers. (dont get me started on the house that isnt even fortified against walker assaults).

If I didnt love zombies so much, I would have written this show off many episodes ago. As it stands, I wont be buying any merchandise.
    To be fair I think they painted him into a fairly emotional state. I honestly don't think he was on patrol either, he just went for a walk and took a gun with him. He said he didn't want to be around.

Also it appears I am one of the few people happy that he finally bit it. During the attack I kept saying, "Come on, just a nibble. One little bit? I'm sure he's tasty!". The problem I have with him is that I think he was in the show solely for drama. Early on the painted this picture where he had some skill technically and some brains. As he went on he just became this emotional fool who was either going to get himself killed (which he did) or other killed (which he may).

As for the scene where they sort of had their talk about what to do with the kid I was pissed that Deliverance (red neck guy) didn't mention the story the kid told about the rapes. Sure it doesn't change the kid because he didn't participate (according only to him) but it does add even more danger to the group he is from. These are apparently some sick mofo's who I would keep away from ALL of the women, let alone the 18+ attractive ones that all seemed to have survived.

Is the next episode the season finale?

Spoiler
    Show
    If so then that means that Shane dies according to spoilers on the web.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Suentis View Post

Is the next episode the season finale?
    Nope. episode after is, though.

24. - Top - End - #294
    Troll in the Playground

Devil

Remember way back in the first episode? It was outright explained that a single, lone zombie is not dangerous. Only when they are in a big group are they trouble. It's a shame the writers have completely forgotten that since the second season began.
    I read an interview with Robert Kirkman where he noted that it had been a long time since the zombies had actually "succeeded" at killing one of the survivors on-camera, not counting Otis. (And to be fair, the zombies only finished Otis off; it was Shane who murdered him.) There were a few reasons for killing Dale, but one of them was to remind the viewers that, yes, the zombies are dangerous.
    Last edited by Giggling Ghast; 2012-03-06 at 03:21 PM.
    A father taken by time, a brother dead by my own hand.
    With this work behold my grief, in Stone and shifting sand.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Barbarian in the Playground

Am I the only one who was actually happy Dale finally got the ax? I for one am NOT going to miss his constant whining about how we have become little more than uncivilized animals.

Just because the apocalypse came doesn't mean you need to throw away all of your moral compasses, but you have to adapt and be flexible in order to SURVIVE. That means making hard, and unpopular choices. At least now there won't be any sad lamenting about what we were and how far we will continue to fall. If there is maybe someone will voice an alternative suggestion, instead of throwing a hissy-fit and storming out to get himself killed.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Candle Jack View Post
    I read an interview with Robert Kirkman where he noted that it had been a long time since the zombies had actually "succeeded" at killing one of the survivors on-camera, not counting Otis. (And to be fair, the zombies only finished Otis off; it was Shane who murdered him.) There were a few reasons for killing Dale, but one of them was to remind the viewers that, yes, the zombies are dangerous.
    Even Glenn mentioned to the chick he is in love with that the problem was he forgot they were dangerous. It appears they thought words weren't enough.

Also, the rumor spreading on what the guy at Disease Control told Rick:

Spoiler
    Show
    The rumor is that the disease that turns people into zombies is already in almost everyone. It is airborne, thus just dying you will come back as a zombie, zombies just quicken the death time.

A lot of people are buying into the theory and believe the show pointed this out when Shane pointed at the guards they killed and said there were no marks. Instead of investigating like he normally would Rick made up an exuse real quick.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Troll in the Playground

If you watched the preview after the episode...*spoiler*
    My response to that is:

Spoiler
    Show
    Running away from the people trying to kill you makes you evil?

The problem I have with [Dale] is that I think he was in the show solely for drama.
    This is my problem with every single member of the cast. They all act in whatever way is necessary to create more artificial drama, instead of acting in-character.

Am I the only one who was actually happy Dale finally got the ax?
    Meh, the entire cast can die in a fire, for all I care. Some of them I would actually be happy about dying.

Honestly, I'll watch the last two episodes to see how it goes, but even if they are amazing (and I doubt it), it won't make up for the rest of this season. When season 3 rolls around, I'm not going to bother with it.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Colossus in the Playground

My response to that is:

Spoiler
    Show
    Running away from the people trying to kill you makes you evil?
    Spoiler
    Show

Well they stopped trying to kill him before he ran off, is the impression I got. As in, the thing Shane was afraid of is what happened, as opposed to him just wriggling out of his chains and escaping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

29. - Top - End - #299
    Bugbear in the Playground

I use this thread to check if Walking Dead is off the Farm.

They aren't?

Yeah, I'm dropping this show till the farm plot is gone. It should have been done ages ago - like the seven episode search for a small girl that went on in-universe for multiple days.

Seriously. What the hell happened after season 1? Nearing Season finale and you're still on the farm?
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Halfling in the Playground

Kobold

Is anyone else here bummed that they announced the casting for The Governor in season 3?

This means no Governor Merle or Governor Shane. I think I am the only person on the Internet that likes Shane (all of my real life and social media friends are rabid for his demise, the jerks) and without him becoming Gov., I really think the season finale kill him off, but in a way that reveals that yeah, they're all already infected and if they die they become zombies.