New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: The All New Prime20 Thread! [3.5/Prime20]

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    I'd like to see a sorcerer. No one else does for some reason. Then again, I'm not entirely sure what this is all about. It looks fun though.
    Basic idea: Make powerful classes and races based around choices. Make it so you can make each class how you envision it. Sorcerers? They have magical blood. Was it from magical pollution? The blessed legacy of an ancestral hero or villain? Are you from the stock of some creature like a frost giant, a dragon or even a mind flayer? And as you level you slowly become more like the cause for your magical powers.

So Gwyn and AtlanteanTroll want to see Sorcerer? Well, I'll try to give it to you after I finish the fighter, or perhaps before. You can also look above to the All Old Prime20 links for the old Sorcerer (who is very similar to what we will be attempting here.)
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    Want some Pathfinder 1e homebrewed? Hit me up!
    Ted Kord Avatar by KPenguin!
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctemwolf View Post
    Thank you very much. you know, I think I like you, Prime. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogmantra View Post
    You, sir, have created the best Pokerman possible. Here is your medal. Everyone else can just give up.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Barbarian in the Playground

May as well toss in my two cents in the ring for the top picks.

8 Races
    Spoiler
    Show

• Humans: Why would you not have them?
    • Dwarves: Because nothing is Dwarfier than a Dwarf
    • Elves: Mostly to provide a comparison on how Dwarfy a Dwarf is.
    • Halflings: The obligatory little people.
    • Warforged: Great for philosophical themes (Does sentience = a soul? Nature or Nurture?)
    • Half-Orcs: Prove to the world that blood is not the determining factor!
    • Tiefling: Only if they're the pre-4e kind
    • Elans: May as well get something psionic in here. Kalashtar are too restricted, Maenads don't live up to their namesake IMO, and everything else is an insect.

10 Classes
    Spoiler
    Show

• Fighter: One of the classic 4 and our basic warrior
    • Wizard: One of the classic 4 and our basic magic user
    • Cleric: One of the classic 4 and our basic divine user
    • Rogue: One of the classic 4 and our basic expert
    • Crusader: Our classic divine warrior
    • Artificer: To pump up magic items and heal our Warforged pals
    • Warlord: A more martial cleric
    • Warlock: An alternative magic, along with potential rogue-like skills
    • Psion: Our basic psionic user
    • Ardent: Our warrior with psionic ability.

Last edited by Moose Fisher; 2010-09-07 at 02:07 AM.
    I can already imagine that somewhere, there is a lovecraftian world that is horrified by someone writing about a place like Earth.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

8 races and 10 classes

Eight Races:
    Humans
    Elves
    Dwarves (Rule!)
    Halflings
    Shadar-kai (I love them)
    Githzeri
    Gnomes
    Minotuar (My group loves them)

Ten Classes:
    Cleric
    Wizard
    Rouge
    Fighter
    Warlock
    Bard
    Binder
    ShadowCaster (personal favorite)
    Incarnate
    Truenamer (Preferably something you have fix'd)

"I laugh at life, it's antics make for me a giddy game. Where only foolish fellows take themselves with solemn aim.”

4. - Top - End - #34

Quote Originally Posted by Moose Fisher View Post
    *snip*[/LIST]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    *snip*

Okay, upon viewing all the votes, I know I need to have the Four Core classes done first.

Fighter
    Cleric
    Rogue
    Wizard

However, my Wizard write up is much further behind the Sorcerer, so Sorcerer may end up released first.

Looking at the others, I think the remaining six may well end up being
    Crusader
    Ardent
    Binder
    Incarnate
    Psion
    And some other class. I see a lot of clamoring for Monks, Ninjas, Artificers, Warlocks, Truenamers... That's not one class.

So I'm considering who to put here. It'll be the Mystery class. Maybe Wizard, maybe Shadowcaster, maybe bard. But we'll be focusing on the others first.

As for races, as you can see, I already have Humans done. Since there seems to be a lot of rabble for Warforged, how about I show you what I have done already for the Elves, the Warforged and the Maenads? Those sound like that'd be worthwhile for you all?

I say the other four races should be Half-Orcs, Halflings, Dwarves and... Honestly, I think Revenant would be a good round off.

Eh, let's make it ten races, and add in Hobgoblins and Gnomes too when we're all set for the original 10. Now, all ideas will be considered. Eventually I'll get to the drow, the shadar-kai, the minotaurs, the giths, and for classes, we'll get to the monks, the truenamers, the shadowcasters, the Occultist (who will be Class 11, I guarantee you).

So I'll be updating the front post with the To-Do lists, the Eventual Lists and the Finished Lists.
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show
    You, sir, have created the best Pokerman possible. Here is your medal. Everyone else can just give up.

5. - Top - End - #35

Elf
    Spoiler
    Show
    • +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, –2 Constitution: Elves are nimble, both in body and mind, but their form is frail.
    • Medium: Elves are Medium creatures, and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
    • Normal Speed: Elves have a base speed of 30 feet.
    • Low-Light Vision: Elves can see twice as far as humans in conditions of poor illumination.
    • Keen Senses: Elves receive a +2 bonus on sight- and sound-based Perception checks. They can make a Perception check to spot a secret or concealed door if they pass within 10 feet, regardless of whether or not they are actively looking.
    • Elven Immunities: Elves are immune to magic sleep effects and get a +2 racial saving throw bonus against enchantment spells or effects.
    • Elven Magic: Elves receive a +2 racial bonus on caster level checks made to overcome spell resistance. In addition, elves receive a +2 racial bonus on Appraise skill checks made to identify the properties of magic items.
    • Unnatural Beauty: The attitude of those dealing with elves is improved by one step so long as their starting attitude is at least “indifferent.” This increase is subject to GM discretion and might not apply to all creatures.
    • Weapon Familiarity: Elves are proficient with longbows (including composite longbows), longswords, rapiers, and shortbows (including composite shortbows), and treat any weapon with the word “elven” in its name as a martial weapon.
    • Elven Court: Every elf is part of one of the Elven Courts, and each Elven Court has their own special abilities they allow for an elf to be part of that court. Note that the Drow, the Vupdrax, the Drey, the Niar'streea, and the Chath'bar'a all used to be part of the Courts, and for events important enough, they are still called in for High Courts. However, for them you should use the Drow race. The Light Courts are detailed below.
      All Spell Like abilities are Magic Rating equal to their character level, save DCs are 10 + ½ character level + the elf's Charisma modifier.
      Spoiler
      Show
      • Fire Elf- The Court of the Fire Elves are elves who were picked from birth to become magical warriors by binding themselves to the spirits of Fire. Their ritual includes growing their hair for five years, then shaving themselves bald. They then make an effigy of themselves and burn it, binding themselves to the spirit of the fire. Fire Elves gain a +2 bonus to Intimidate checks, and they can use Burning Hands as a spell-like ability once per day.
      • Ghost Elf- The Ghost Elves are bonded to spirits of death. Not the bringers of death, but the spirits that watch over the dead. Their ritual involves living within a mausoleum for five years, only leaving for supplies, then coming right back to the house of the dead in which they reside. After the five years, a spirit will come to them. The effects are great. Once a day, they may give themselves a +10 enhancement bonus to Escape Artist checks. In addition, they can make themselves glow like a candle whenever they wish, or they can suppress this. It is a free action to turn the illumination on or off.
      • Gray Elf- Gray Elves are bound to the spirits of magic itself, adding to the already grand magical advantages elves have over other creatures. Gray Elves always have Prestidigitation and Arcane Mark as at-will spell-like abilities.
      • High Elf-
      • Metal Elf-
      • Painted Elf- Painted Elves have bound themselves to the spirits of battle itself. They harvest a drop of blood from themselves every day for five years in a magic vial that stops it from coagulating, and then mix it into a war paint. Upon wearing the war paint, they run off to kill an enemy under the full moon. Most painted elves are in the desert, and as such their enemy will be a blue kobold. After defeating the enemy, the spirit of war binds to them. Painted elves get a +2 bonus on Acrobatics to tumble, and gain the Toughness feat as a bonus feat.
      • Shadow Elf (Umbragen)-
      • Snow Elf- Snow elves live in the frozen areas of the world, and are bound to the spirits of Ice. The ice spirits grant them a +2 bonus to one Craft skill (chosen at first level). Beyond this, the snow elves are granted a +4 bonus to Acrobatics checks to balance themselves, and on any check or save to keep themselves from falling prone or being knocked over. Finally, they can use Ray of Frost as a spell like ability three times each day.
      • Thunder Elf-
      • Water Elf-
      • Wild Elf-
      • Wind Elf-
      • Wood Elf-

• Languages: Elves begin play speaking Common and Elven. Elves with high Intelligence scores can choose any of the following: Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, and Sylvan.
    • Favored Class: The favored class of elves is wizard or ranger.

Elf is unfinished. Anyone else want to help me fill in the blank backgrounds?

Maenad
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Ability Scores: +2 Charisma.
    • Medium: Maenads are Medium creatures, and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
    • Normal Speed: Maenads have a base speed of 30 feet.
    • Naturally Psionic: All maenads have 2 power points and can take psionic feats.
    • Energy Shout: All maenads may use Energy Ray (Sonic) as a psi-like ability 1/day with a CR of their character level.
    • Outburst: Once per day for four rounds a maenad may have an outburst of pain and rage. During this outburst, they take a -2 penalty to Wisdom, but gain a +2 bonus to Strength.
    • Unnatural Beauty: The attitude of those dealing with maenads is improved by one step so long as their starting attitude is at least “indifferent.” This increase is subject to GM discretion and might not apply to all creatures.
    • Psionic Mastery: All maenads are partial to using psionic items, as their own crystalline systems resonate with the crystals in the items. A Maenad may take 10 on any Use Psionic Device Checks.
    • Background: Maenads are a people who have realized structure will save them fro their own emotions. They have all had many ways to try to deal with this. Each caste found a gem to relate to, and so each background is named for a gem.
      Spoiler
      Show
      • Amethyst- Maenads attuned to amethysts are normally of violet hair and crystal, ranging from a light lavender to a deep purple that's almost black until the light hits it right. They gain a +2 on saves against poison, and a +2 bonus to checks made to oppose Disguise and Bluff checks.
      • Aquamarine- The sea-green hair and crystals of aquamarine maenads is well known to sailors. Aquamarine maenads have a knack for sailing and making friends. They have a +2 bonus to Diplomacy and Profession (Sailor) checks, and can take 10 on Atheltics (Swim) checks. They automatically gain Salt as a bonus language. Very friendly chaps.
      • Casteless- Some Maenads never find a caste of crystal to fit them. These are the casteless. They are considered a disgrace by the Maenads, and as such, are shunned in normal society. To live better on the harder side of things, they are granted a +2 bonus to Intimidate. As well, they gain an additional use of Energy Shout each day (so 2/day instead of 1/day).
      • Diamond- Diamond is known as the hardest mineral, and for it's ability to be cut in a variety of shapes. A Diamond Maenad, with their silver hair and clear crystals, are very much the same. They have a +2 bonus to Disguise checks. As well, when they Outburst, their skin becomes hard and diamond coated as their crystals grow for the duration of the Outburst, granting a +1 racial bonus to Natural Armor.
      • Emerald- Emerald Maenads, with their green crystal sheen and hair, are masters of vitality. They have an extra +1 to HP and to RP for every level they possess, and a +2 bonus to Heal checks. They make great doctors and battlefield medics.
      • Garnet- The Garnet Maenads are known for their crystals and hair being a dark red. They are hunters of dark evil things. They gain a +1 bonus to attack and damage against undead, and can spend 1 power point to make a touch attack that deals 1d6 damage on a hit to undead or aberrations.
      • Obsidian- The darkened caste, as called for their dark hair and crystals, is made up of assassins and cut throats. I mean, perfectly legitimate entertainers. They have a +2 bonus to Acrobatics and Stealth. In addition, they can send dark energies into their Energy Shouts, making them Cold damage instead of Sonic if hey so wish.
      • Opal- Opal Maenads are known for their iridescent shine. They gain a +2 bonus to Stealth and Sleight of Hand checks, as the shine confuses the eyes and allows for minor camouflage should the Maenad will it. In addition, they get a +1 t the DC to get past any illusions they cast.
      • Pearl- Pearl Maenads are helpful in battle, no questions asked. Or out of battle. Anywhere, really. When a Pearl Maenad uses Aid Another in a skill they have trained, they may grant a bonus of (1 + Charisma Modifier) or +2, whichever is higher. Also, when flanking an enemy, they and their ally gains a +1 Dodge bonus to Defense against that enemy as long as he is flanked.
      • Peridot- A lime green color, contrasting the dark green of the Emerald Maenads, marks the Peridot Maenads. When they are healed by magic, they also heal their Charisma modifier on top of any Reserve Points used or healing magic. In addition, they gain a +1 bonus against Fear effects.
      • Ruby- A Ruby Maenad has bright red hair and crystals, giving them a firey appearance. Their inner heat is amazing, granting them a +1 racial bonus to Reflex saves and allowing them to turn their sonic racial abilities to fire abilities at their option.
      • Sapphire- A Sapphire Maenad, in a deep blue (though rarely other colors do arise, including a light pink), has powers over perception. They gain a +2 bonus to Bluff checks, as people don't think they would lie. They also gain a +1 bonus on Will saves.
      • Topaz- This gem, with it's blonde and amber colored hues, it is a gem of strength. All Topaz Maenads gain an additional +1d6 damage when attacking with their outbursts, and after an outburst is done have a +1 on attack rolls for (Charisma Modifier) rounds.
      • Turquoise- Turquoise is the gem of happiness, and the light blue and gold blends that Turquoise Maenads have mix well with their constant smiles. A Turquoise Maenad has a the ability to reroll one failed 1d20 roll per day. At 7th level and every 7 levels thereafter, they gain an additional reroll per day.
    • Languages: Common, Maenad. Bonus Languages: Any.
    • Favored Class: Wilder or ardent. (If you don't have these classes, substitute sorcerer and crusader, respectively).

Warforged
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Ability Scores: +2 Strength, +2 Constitution, -2 Charisma
    • Medium Size: Warforged are Medium sized creatures and have no bonuses or penalties due to size.
    • Normal Speed: Warforged have a base speed of 30 feet.
    • Construct Physiology: A warforged is immune to poison, sleep, paralysis, disease, nausea, fatigue, exhaustion, sickening, and energy drain. Warforged do not eat, sleep or breath. When they reach 0 hp, they are unconscious (as normal) but are totally stable.
    • Repairable: Warforged can also be healed with a Craft check taking 8 hours, healing the result of the check – 15hp. This Craft can be (armorsmithing, blacksmithing, gemcutting, or sculpting). A warforged can repair itself. Anyone can take 10 on this check but not take 20. This check must be made trained.
    • Construct Drawbacks: A warforged is only healed half as much by a Conjuration (Healing) spell. Warforged also do not naturally heal.
    • Armor Plating: Warforged get a +2 bonus to defense if they are unarmored. A warforged may spend a feat to replace this with better plating, and may also retrain this specific feat for any other armor plating feat by taking 2 weeks to replace them (or allowing a Warforged Smith to do so). A warforged may only replace this feat with a nonarmor plating feat at level up (as normal).
    • Light Fortification: A warforged with his basic armor plating has a 25% chance of a critical hit becoming a normal hit. If a feat says it changes this, then it does. If not, then it stays a 25%. This fortification stacks with enhancements to the armor plating, but not from other equipment.
    • Slam: A warforged naturally has a 1d4 slam attack. Since the warforged is a construct, they may enchant themselves to improve this Slam attack, up to a maximum enhancement bonus of (Warforged's Character Level/3), rounded down.
    • Background: A warforged's model or training can affect what he is. Younger warforged are even affected by their experiences after the wars. Below are some of the backgrounds and benefits available to a warforged character.
      • Spoiler
        Show
      • Awakened- You began to question the world, your orders. “Why?” you would ask. “Why am I able to be healed almost like a human? Why not all the way? Why at all? Why can I meldshape?” The further your mind went into your questions, the more you began to realize you were no longer your standard warforged. An Awakened Warforged gains a +2 bonus to Will saves against Charm and Fear. They also gain a +2 bonus to reveal illusions.
      • Bull- Warforged are already stronger than humans. But sometimes, a little bit isn't enough. So the bull model was made. A Bull Warforged gets a +2 bonus to avoid being knocked prone, bull-rushed, or pushed, and to doing those to their enemies. In addition, they deal 1d6 with their slams instead of 1d4.
      • Darkforged- Sometimes the armies would need to send Warforged into the Underdark. This normally ended badly, since the drow would hide near areas of Faerzaress. Darkforged are made to combat these. When in areas of shadowy illumination or less light, Darkforged get a +2 bonus to Stealth checks, and to attack rolls. In addition, when in an area of Faerzaress, they gain a +2 Deflection bonus to Defense. Darkforged have Darkvision 30'.
      • Freeforged- A Freeforged was forged in a time of peace. As such, they are better suited for peaceful endeavours than their kin. A Freeforged gets training in one extra skill of their choice, and may learn bonuses languages at 1st level instead of gradually. Also, they get along better with people, and have a +2 bonus to Diplomacy.
      • Godforged- The Godforged are Warforged who believe the gods bestowed the Warforged with souls. They gain a +2 bonus to Knowledge (Religion) checks, and can cast the following orisons once per day per level: guidance, create water, and light.
      • Grunt- A grunt is your standard issue military warforged. They were literally forged for war. A grunt gains proficiency in one extra weapon group of their choice. Also, all grunts gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls with their chosen weapon group.
      • Psiforged- The psiforged are Warforged that, in place of the standard obsidian or quartz, had psionic deep crystal in place. These Warforged gain 2 psionic power points. They also may, with a slam attack, spend 1 power point before the attack roll is made to add +1d6 psychokinetic damage to their slam damage.
      • Reforged- The Reforged are warforged who wish to shed their metal appearances to try to be more like the softer races. They have a +2 bonus to Knowledge (Nature), due to their studies, and to Intimidate, due to their unsettling leather skin. They may ignore 5% of Arcane Spell Chance failure from their plating.
      • Sandforged- Sandforged are warforged made to be sent into deserts. They are specially built and trained to deal with the sands and the dangers. Sandforged have a +2 bonus to saves against fire and dessication effects. Sandforged also gain a +2 bonus to Ride checks and proficiency with scimitars and shortbows. Many generals later realized that Sandforged make great cavalry.
      • Scout- Small and sneaky, a scout is the best warforged for stealthy jobs. A scout gains a +5 on Stealth checks, and a +2 on both perception and Insight checks. Also, against a flat-footed opponent, the scout gains a +2 bonus to damage.
      • Seaforged- Warforged made for manning the ships, the Seaforged were masters of the waters during the wars. They had no need to breathe, and could survive the crushing depths. Seaforged gain a 10ft Swim speed, a +8 on Athletics checks to swim, and gain a +2 bonus against rusting attacks and Acid abilities.
      • Servant- These warforged were, before becoming free, bodyguards and handservants to royalty and nobility. They gain a +5 bonus to Knowledge (Royalty and Nobility) checks when within their homeland. They also gain a +2 bonus to two of the following skills: Acrobatics, Appraise, Craft (painting), Knowledge (Religion), or Perform (any).
      • Snowforged- The snowforged were made for the arctic and trained as such. Their colorations are closer to whites with blue eyes than the standard silver and green of their temperate kin. Snowforged have a +2 bonus to Survival checks, and to saves against Cold effects. Snowforged normally make better rangers, and count Ranger as their favored class instead of fighter.
  6. Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: None. A warforged with a high intelligence must learn languages from his teammates, one per level.
  7. Favored Class: Fighter is the favored class of a warforged. However, Scouts prefer Rogue, Psiforged prefer Psion and Snowforged prefer Ranger.
Last edited by alchemyprime; 2010-09-07 at 07:45 PM.
Alchemyprime's Omniblog
My Gaming Channel!
My Carrd

Stuff about me
Spoiler
Show
Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

• - Top - End - #36
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

You messed up the spoiler for the Warforged. I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

• - Top - End - #37

You messed up the spoiler for the Warforged. I think.
    Fixed it. Thanks. Also:

I just found where I had put Drow and Shifters, which apparently I finished already. So... I'll just slide these under the door.

Spoiler
    Show

Drow Elf
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Ability Scores: +2 Dex, -2 Con, +2 Cha.
    • Medium: Drow are Medium creatures, and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
    • Normal Speed: Drow have a base speed of 30 feet.
    • Drow Background: Based on the background of the drow, a drow may have some extra abilities.
      Spoiler
      Show
      • Szarkai- Albino drow, they look just like High Elves. They get a +10 bonus to Disguise checks to look like a High Elf. However, the take a -2 penalty on Perception checks to when in an area with any light above shadowy illumination, as well as on Initiative checks. This stacks with Light Sensitivity.
      • Drey- Bigger, meaner, tougher drow, the Drey are said to be blessed. They have a +1 Natural Armor and +2 to Intimidate due to their shiny, spider-like skin.
      • Niar'streea- Literally “River Death” These are the Aquatic Drow. They gain Resistance to Cold 5, and can breathe underwater. However, they need at least one gallon of water thrown on their skin per day or else they take 1 point Constitution damage per day without. Soaking in water for an hour will undo this damage.
      • Vupdrax- While the Elves have the Avariels, the Drow have the Vupdrax. Batwinged drow. See more on them in the Prestige Races beneath. In order to become a Vupdrax, you must take this background, which grants a drow the ability to ignore the first 10 feet of falling damage.
      • Chath'bar'a- Fire drow. While the Overworld has deserts, the Underdark has volcanic vents. Some drow live near these. Chath'bar'a Drow gain Resistance 5 Fire and a +2 on saves against fire spells and effects.
      • Van'thalack- A drow bred for battle. This sort of drow is trained from near birth to be a subserviant drow and to kill any enemy before them. They gain Weapon Focus in one weapon group of their choice and gain a +2 bonus to weapon damage with their Weapon Focus when below half of their max hit points.
      • House Member- A drow from a noble house. They can levitate themselves. 1 round/day per level they gain Fly (clumsy) equal to their land speed.
    • Spell-like Abilities: Drow may use the following abilities once per day each: faerie fire, darkness, dancing lights.
    • Light Sensitivity: A drow in any light brighter than shadowy illumination gains a –1 on all attack rolls, damage rolls, and Reflex saves, as well as a –2 on her Armor Class.
    • Sleep Immunity: A drow is immune to magic sleep effects.
    • Keen Senses: Drow receive a +2 bonus on sight- and sound-based Perception checks. They can make a Perception check to spot a secret or concealed door if they pass within 10 feet, regardless of whether or not they are actively looking.
    • Weapon Familiarity: Drow are proficient with hand crossbows, scimitars, rapiers and shuriken, and treat any weapon with the word “drow” in its name as a martial weapon.
    • Languages: Common, Undercommon and Elven. Bonus Languages: Goblin, Dwarf, Gnome, Orc, Drow Sign, Salt.
    • Favored Class: Wizard or prodigy (male) or Cleric or favored (female).

Shifter
    Spoiler
    Show
    • Ability Scores: +2 Dex, +2 Con, -2 Int
    • Medium: Shifters are Medium creatures, and have no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
    • Normal Speed: Shifters have a base speed of 30 feet.
    • Low-Light Vision: Shifters can see twice as far as humans in conditions of poor illumination.
    • Beastly Muscles: Shifters enjoy a +2 racial bonus to Acrobatics and Athletics (Climb) checks.
    • Beast's Fury: A shifter has skin that is naturally resistant to standard attacks. They have DR 1/silver naturally, and certain feats can improve that. Also, when shifting, they increase this by their Constitution modifier or (character level/4) whichever is lower (minimum 1).
    • Ancestral Mark: A shifter is one of two main varieties: Beastial or Saurian. Beastial shifters are descended from mammal, avian and fish lycanthropes (werewolves, werecats, weresharks, wereeagles, wereplatipi, etc.). Saurian shifters descend from dinosaur lycanthropes (wererexes, triweretops, wereraptors, wereadon) or reptile lycanthropes (weregators, weremeleons). This mark gives them a +2 on saves against the abilities of the creatures their ancestors turned into and chooses their shifting trait for them. Also, they gain an additional power based on what ancestor they are closest to.
    • Shifting Trait: A shifter has an ability to shift, to become slightly more like their ancestor from which their monstrous power descends. When they shift, they gain a +2 to one ability and one extra racial power.
    • Bestial:
      Spoiler
      Show
      • Cliffwalk: +2 Dexterity and gains a climb speed of 20 feet.
      • Dreamsight: +2 Wisdom and gain Speak With Animals active while shifting. Also, any shifter with this trait has a +2 on Handle Animal and Wild Empathy checks
      • Gorebrute: +2 strength and gain a gore attack on a charge that deals 2d6. This gains a +1 per 4 levels.
      • Longstride: +2 Dexterity and +10 feet to speed while shifting.
      • Swiftwing: +2 Dexterity and gains a 20' fly speed (average maneuverability).
      • Truedive: +2 Constitution and gains a swim speed of 30 ft. Also, any shifter with this trait can always hold their breath for 5 x their Constitution score.
      • Wildhunt: +2 Constitution and gains Scent ability. Also always has a +2 bonus to survival checks
    • Saurian:
      Spoiler
      Show

• Broadwing: +2 Dexterity and can reduce falling damage by 40 feet.
      • Junglerunner: +2 Strength and base land speed goes up by 20 feet.
      • Raptorleap: +2 Strength and +4 on Acrobatics checks to jump and always treated as having a running start.
      • Widetail: +2 Constitution and one Tail Slap attack that does 1d6 points of damage with an additional +1 per 4 levels.
    • Any:
      Spoiler
      Show
      • BeastHide: +2 Constitution and +2 to Natural Armor.
      • Longtooth: +2 Strength and a Bite attack that does 1d6 points of damage with an additional +1 per 4 levels.
      • Razorclaws: +2 Strength and gain 2 Claw attacks that do 1d4 + (1per 4 levels) points of damage.
    • Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Any.
    • Favored Class: Ranger or druid.
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

• - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Since there is SOMETHING out there that is immune to just about anything, you might as well give mongrel-folk humans a straight +1 to saves (like 3.5 halflings get).
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.

• - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Nice! Got the old band back together! And it looks like you're using some stuff from Green Ronin and China Mieville (spelling?) if my eyes don't deceive me. The Dude is pleased. So ten classes and ten races? Alright, lem'me see here;

Races:
    1.) Tiefling
    2.) Dragonborn
    3.) Genasi
    4.) Orcs
    5.) Changelings
    6.) Kobolds
    7.) Thri-Kreen
    8.) Vodyanoi
    9.) Cactacae
    10.) Goblins

Classes:
    1.) Warlock
    2.) Artificer
    3.) Warlord
    4.) Spirit Warden
    5.) Ranger
    6.) Ninja
    7.) Bard
    8.) Samurai
    9.) Knight
    10.) Wizard

Can't help but notice there ain't no paladin on that there list...
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

• - Top - End - #40
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Some of these races (Drow especially) seem like they need LA.

• - Top - End - #41
    Barbarian in the Playground

My choices for classes would be,
    Wizard, (or General Arcane Caster)
    Cleric, (or General Divine Caster)
    Druid, (or Gerneral Nature/Divine Caster)
    Artificer, (gotta have a magic item maker)
    Warrior, (classic fighter type, but revised)
    Factotum, (perfect jack-of-all-trades type)
    Rogue, (the perfect sneak)
    Ranger, (everyone needs a hunter and tracker)
    A Create-Your-Own Adventurer class (for those days you want to be specific with your build).

My races would be,
    Human, (the usual suspects)
    Elf, (because pointed ears just work)
    Illumian, (a weird but awesome race)
    Colored Dragonborn, (looks like their parent haritage dragon)
    Dwarf, (I have never played one, but I think they are needed)
    Warfarged, (For your Iron Guys)
    Necropolitan, (for that undead party your going to)
    Orc, (bloodthirsty and classic choice)
    Halfling, (so you can complete the fellowship of the ring)
    Gnome (I like mine to be more serious looking than the ones from WoW).

These would be awesome!
    Last edited by Dante & Vergil; 2010-09-09 at 12:34 AM.

• - Top - End - #42

Heya Tygre! Glad to see you back! Yes indeed, I did in fact cull a teensy bit from Green Ronin and China Mieville, but they are my favorites. And yes, I fused Crusader and Paladin, because thematically they are the same guy. The big difference was Crusader has no alignment restrictions, so I chose that name for him.

Also, AtlanteanTroll, I am aiming to make it so that every race should be around +1 LA... then ignore LA all together. The basic idea is this: If everyone was LA +2, would LA exist below that? No. So a Prime20 Race in a normal campaign would need a level adjustment, but our goal is to crank the power levels so everyone would normally be about LA +1 or a low +2 (I always rules Drow are a +1 myself. +2s should NEVER have a Con penalty without good SLAs.)

And as for you Dante&Virgil, our Fighter will be revised. Basically, I want to make the following idea behind classes.

Tier 1: Stay out of here. This be where your DM gets pissed and makes rocks fall so everyone shall shuffle off the mortal coil.
    Tier 2: Every PC class should be here.
    Tier 3: If you messed up a PC class, it may end up here.
    Tier 4: The NPC classes! Warrior, Aristocrat, Adept, Gleaner, Magewright, Expert!
    Tier 5: No need to exist. Carry on.
    Tier 6: Commoner.

So I will greatly revise people and give them tons of goodies. Every class should get stuff every level.
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

• - Top - End - #43

Hey guys. I have a serious question now.

I asked my group what they wanted to play. And upon seeing the full list, the new guy (I've known him a long while, but he finally lives close enough to play weekly) says "Revenant Incarnate". Our jaws drop.

So the big question: What should Revenants be able to do?
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

• - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

Well, if you are including the Gleaner, you might want THIS guy of mine too... I never did manage to express the full extent of the fluff, but... well, they take the ability that makes Paladin a class that changes WORLDS rather than merely heroes alongside good-hearted fighters, and explore it in greater depth. They are accountability incarnate... and they are definitely too weak to be a PC class (although they might make a good follower for someone with a mixed-class non-cohort portion to his Leadership).
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2010-09-10 at 03:59 PM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Extended Signature

• - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by alchemyprime View Post
    Hey guys. I have a serious question now.

I asked my group what they wanted to play. And upon seeing the full list, the new guy (I've known him a long while, but he finally lives close enough to play weekly) says "Revenant Incarnate". Our jaws drop.

So the big question: What should Revenants be able to do?
    Simply put, the Revenant is bound to its body with some negative energy. Though this is true, it can control the essence of souls due to its superior link to the afterlife. [/Utter BS]

Does that work?
    Last edited by The-Mage-King; 2010-09-10 at 05:42 PM.
    Steam account. Add me to argue about philosophy whatever!
    Advertized Homebrew: Fire Emblem 4's Holy Blood as Bloodlines
    Extended Signature.
    Using a different color of text for sarcasm is so original.

• - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by alchemyprime View Post
    Also, AtlanteanTroll, I am aiming to make it so that every race should be around +1 LA... then ignore LA all together. The basic idea is this: If everyone was LA +2, would LA exist below that? No. So a Prime20 Race in a normal campaign would need a level adjustment, but our goal is to crank the power levels so everyone would normally be about LA +1 or a low +2 (I always rules Drow are a +1 myself. +2s should NEVER have a Con penalty without good SLAs.)
    Hmmm. That makes sense, but humans still seem weak to me.

• - Top - End - #47

Hmmm. That makes sense, but humans still seem weak to me.
    I will admit, I was a little too conservative with them. Any ideas to make them tougher?
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

• - Top - End - #48
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Can't say I do. Which is a shame. Maybe some sort of versatility thing. I'm not sure really.

• - Top - End - #49
    Titan in the Playground

Well, I thought races were supposed to grow with you... unless that is supposed to be handled separately somehow, you might want to give another bonus feat at every level evenly divisible by 4 or something.

On a similar note, making the skill point bonus +2 per level (and +8 at 1st) instead of +1/+4 might not be out of line with the over-the top feel... or even give them 4 extra skillpoints per level (INCLUDING 1st, so NOT quadrupled), with the stipulation that these can ONLY be spent on crossclass skills... they are so versatile they just can't HELP but dabble...

Also, if you REALLY want to make them versatile, instead of a single favored class of their choice, make them completely ignore all XP penalties for multiclassing!
    Extended Signature

• - Top - End - #50

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    Well, I thought races were supposed to grow with you... unless that is supposed to be handled separately somehow, you might want to give another bonus feat at every level evenly divisible by 4 or something.

On a similar note, making the skill point bonus +2 per level (and +8 at 1st) instead of +1/+4 might not be out of line with the over-the top feel... or even give them 4 extra skillpoints per level (INCLUDING 1st, so NOT quadrupled), with the stipulation that these can ONLY be spent on crossclass skills... they are so versatile they just can't HELP but dabble...

Also, if you REALLY want to make them versatile, instead of a single favored class of their choice, make them completely ignore all XP penalties for multiclassing!
    Okay. A few things, DD.

1. Race advancement will be handled separately. It will be a at level X, take an ability from list A type of deal.

Basically, bonus abilities to advance your racial traits or background traits. Allowing, say, a Fire Background elf to either gain Fire Resistance or more Fire SLAs, or focus on improving their elf abilities, or focus on improving their general trait. Humans will use this to pick up skill bonuses, extra feats...

Hm... Maybe I will implement that "Humans are the toughest" mechanic...

2. We use an alternate skill system. All skills are Trained or Untrained, picked at first level.
    Ranks in Trained skills are equal to your level.
    Untrained Skills get an Experienced Bonus equal to half your level.
    Class skills get a +3 Class Bonus.
    When you multiclass, you gain as many extra skills as you would get, or 1 skill, which every is higher. (ie. a Fighter going into Rogue gets 6 more skills trained because (8 - 2 = 6) and (6 > 1), but a Rogue going to anything else only gets 1, because no class has more than 8 skills trained.) Every class after your first gets a +2 Class Bonus to Class Skills, instead of the +3.
    Levels in your favored class improve the Class Bonus for skills by +1.

3. There are no more experience penalties for Multiclassing. I hates them. So instead:
    Levels in your favored class get you
    • +1 HP per level
    • +1 to the Class Bonus to your Class Skills from this class.
    • A +1 to one of your Weak saves at 1st level, 7th level and 15th level (picked at 1st level, can't be changed). If your class has no weak saves (I'm looking at you, Monk), instead you get a +1 to one of you saves at those levels, and you must change which one each time.
    • A +1 on Death Saves if your favored class is your highest leveled class. (Death Save bonuses are hard to come by. Even 20th level characters may end up a +0).

Also, every race has either two favored classes, or can pick any one (Warforged is the exception. They are mighty tough as it is.)

[EDIT] Added Human Versatility to the Human entry.
    Last edited by alchemyprime; 2010-09-11 at 12:26 PM.
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

• - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, so I found the formatting of your last attempt at this too hard to read, and thus didn't, so I don't know your system.

That said, did you look at the Guardian of Minds yet?
    Extended Signature

• - Top - End - #52

Quote Originally Posted by DracoDei View Post
    Ok, so I found the formatting of your last attempt at this too hard to read, and thus didn't, so I don't know your system.

That said, did you look at the Guardian of Minds yet?
    I did, and I admit I like him, though he seems a little bit weaker than I'd like for an NPC class even (but admittedly, he does get awesomeness every once in a while).

Other names for it?

Man With No Name
    Leader
    Inspiring Soldier

Just a few ideas. It's hard to come up with one to two word names for some classes.
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

• - Top - End - #53
    Titan in the Playground

I can power it up while keeping the same flavor (although I thought it was on a par with the Gleaner... maybe I need to re-read the Gleaner)... and I think I will do so...

Does changing all the yearly abilities into monthlys, the monthlys into weeklys, and the weeklys into dailys sound like a good place to start? Maybe a d8 for hitdice? Maybe add Detect Thoughts if they don't already have that? Perhaps even a 3.5 Paladin style Smite (or a choice between that and a very limited selection of Devoted Spirit maneuvers?).

Also, all the names you gave... well, they wouldn't fit the original concept, although with the revision they will be able to do so better. They aren't meant to fight they are meant to guide and mostly in noncombat situations. They find people who are beginning to stray from the path (whatever that path might be) and get them back on it. I envision that can be VERY gentle in the case of SOME Neutral Good ones for instance.... mostly along the lines of descretely whispering to them "Come on, I will buy you a beer and we can talk about it... whatever 'it' is.". On the other hand, a LE one might stereotypically just alert the secret police, and would litterally be the tip of the spear for the "Thought Police".
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2010-09-12 at 12:26 PM.
    Extended Signature

• - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Maybe something like 'The Inspirational', then? One of those simple, but distinct, names. y'know?

The Dynamo
    The Energizer
    The Primum Mobile
    Motiver Force
    The Instigator

I'm just throwin' crap out there.
    Last edited by The Tygre; 2010-09-12 at 02:09 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    My Characters
    According to this test, I am a LN Half-Orc Cleric, Lvl.2.
    "And in the layer of the Deep Ones, we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever." - H.P. Lovecraft

• - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Tygre View Post
    Maybe something like 'The Inspirational', then? One of those simple, but distinct, names. y'know?

The Dynamo
    The Energizer
    The Primum Mobile
    Motiver Force
    The Instigator

I'm just throwin' crap out there.
    All but the first one ("The Inspirational") would apply much more to a bard than these guys usually. They are based around Detect Chaos/Evil/Good/Law, not Aura of Courage (although they have that too...).
    Extended Signature

• - Top - End - #56

Well, we'll worry about NPC classes after PC classes are at least up and running, alright? Though I do think this Moral Guardian type of a guy could fit in easily, especially as part of a police force leading Warriors and under Incarnates and Crusaders,.
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

• - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground

Alch, I've got to say that I'm glad to see you pick Prime20 back up.
    Originally Posted by gdiddy
    There can be no resurrection of 3.5. But the SRD is the phylactery of 3.5 and it's kind of eternal for that.

Legacy of the Immortals Campaign Setting Any feedback, help or ideas you have are greatly appreciated.
    My Campaign Log (Apologize for Walls of Text)
    My House Rules
    My take on the Druid
    Prime20. Where Rule of Cool rules Alternatively, come to the new and improved Prime20 Thread!
    The wiki for Prime20

• - Top - End - #58

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfan6490 View Post
    Alch, I've got to say that I'm glad to see you pick Prime20 back up.
    Glad to see you back! May I request you add this thread to your signature as well, to compliment the old thread and the (terribly out of work) wiki?
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

• - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

Haha, not a problem my friend.
    Originally Posted by gdiddy
    There can be no resurrection of 3.5. But the SRD is the phylactery of 3.5 and it's kind of eternal for that.

Legacy of the Immortals Campaign Setting Any feedback, help or ideas you have are greatly appreciated.
    My Campaign Log (Apologize for Walls of Text)
    My House Rules
    My take on the Druid
    Prime20. Where Rule of Cool rules Alternatively, come to the new and improved Prime20 Thread!
    The wiki for Prime20

• - Top - End - #60

Does anyone know how to work a wiki by chance? I think we'd look snazzy on a wiki of our own! We even had one, but I lost the password. Any help here?
    Alchemyprime's Omniblog
    My Gaming Channel!
    My Carrd

Stuff about me
    Spoiler
    Show

• Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast