New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 50 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1477
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [BitP:R] Mortal World 3

Mayumi stares in vacant disbelief as the kids reveal their respective powers. Not for the reason they might think, though. What the hell are they thinking?! she thought to herself as two revealed blatant Hollow reiatsu. Then Watanabe used his powers, though it just made things start shaking (telekinesis?).

"So it is as I imagined. I'm not going to stop you; that was never my intention. I just wanted to know that you knew what you were getting into. However," and now she glared at Sora and Valeria, "what you just did was monumentally stupid. Releasing Hollow reiatsu will get you killed here. If I was an ordinary Quincy, I would have eliminated you where you stand now. Put away your mask, Abel-san."

She turned to Hasunaga, annoyance on her face. "I hadn't intended to stop them. I only meant to warn them." She turned to Rex now, looking more exasperated. "Irons-san, correct? Can I assume that you know how to perform Reiraku tracking? If so, then you can assist them."

She turned one last time to address the group as a whole. "I'm not going to stop you. You can keep going, but I want to see all of you, and that includes you, Irons-san, in my office afterwards. I'll be there waiting for you. I have things to talk about with all of you. Like subtlety. Now, Hasunaga-san, I believe that we have classes to teach?" She turned on her heel and vanished in a blur of Hirenkyaku. Her class was serious business and she was late enough already.
    Bleach iTP Reborn characters
    Star Wars iTP characters

Awesome Cassandra Avatar courtesy of the equally awesome Shades of Grey!

I'm also on AIM and Skype. Contact info resides on my profile if you wish to speak with me.

2. - Top - End - #1022
    Orc in the Playground

"I'm teaching my class already, actually." Hasunaga noted to Mayumi before she vanished. Then he turned to the kids.

"Listen, I'm not going to stop any of you either. Even if you DO deserve a boot to the head for doing something as bullheaded as what you just did.

But I figure, you're in a hurry, you're bound to make stupid mistakes. Just remember to look before you leap.

If any of you dies, I'm going to torment your souls for the rest of the afterlife."
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Orc in the Playground

[Group]

Val pales a bit... well, more than normal. She dismisses the mask after Yamashiro-sensei speaks up, sulking slightly.

"I'm... I'm sorry, I wasn't t-trying to be threatening... I d-didn't know."

Quincy...? I guess... with how similar I am to those things, it makes sense some people may be... suspicious.

[Furousha]

Viatrix is tending the front, looking through a magazine with a bored look. She idly looks up to Carmelia.

"Ah. I was wondering when you'd come to pick up your stuff."
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    The older couple glances at each other, before turning to Garoux and giving shaky nods. They stand and move to a nearby couch. It seems their intent is for Garoux to sit in the chair almost all the way across the living room.

"Just...just close the door on your way in."
    Roux enters and closes the door, though he does not sit, preferring to lean on the wall opposite from his not entirely willing hosts.

"As I said, this is going to sound crazy, but here goes nothing..."

And Roux proceeds the explain everything. The nature of the cycle of reincarnation, the briefest summation of the "self-proclaimed duties" of the shinigami, what happens to souls that go without konso, the nature of life as a Hollow, the transformation into Gillian-class Menos, the rise to Adjuchas and the eventual escape of the mask and becoming Arrancar.

"So that's everything. Josef is in here," he concluded, tapping the side of his head, "Or at least fragments of his memories are. And that's why I'm here - they've been plaguing me. Specifically, the ones he had of you Akane. And I want to know why."

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Ogre in the Playground

"...thank you, Hasanuga-sensei, Mayumi-sensei."

Izumi looks at everyone else. "We will be careful."

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Revlid View Post
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

Gold Dragon avatar by Serpentine

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Kaito had relaxed a bit more as the teachers both said they'd let them go; each was given a nod of cautious thanks.

He stood there, trying to think of something to do to help track things down, when he felt what seemed like a business card in his pocket. When he extracted it, that's what it was proven to be. He took a few moments to look at it, an idea forming in his head.

"It's not perfect, but I have an idea of where to go to get something to help us track them down. Furousha Shop. It's...worth a try, at least."
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Ettin in the Playground

Gabi chirps something sounding ever so slightly derisive.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Edge View Post
    Roux enters and closes the door, though he does not sit, preferring to lean on the wall opposite from his not entirely willing hosts.

"As I said, this is going to sound crazy, but here goes nothing..."

And Roux proceeds the explain everything. The nature of the cycle of reincarnation, the briefest summation of the "self-proclaimed duties" of the shinigami, what happens to souls that go without konso, the nature of life as a Hollow, the transformation into Gillian-class Menos, the rise to Adjuchas and the eventual escape of the mask and becoming Arrancar.

"So that's everything. Josef is in here," he concluded, tapping the side of his head, "Or at least fragments of his memories are. And that's why I'm here - they've been plaguing me. Specifically, the ones he had of you Akane. And I want to know why."
    The couple on the couch sits there in stunned silence. It takes them almost five minutes to really get beyond "shock".

"I...okay. For now, let's assume you're right.

And...Josef and I loved each other. Back when we were teenagers. We'd sworn we'd get married, see the world. We-
    "

Here she blushes and fidgets a bit.

"We gave each other every bit of our love. And then he just vanished from my life. I've found new love now. I'm married, happily so. I've moved on. Maybe the part of you that is Josef...has to do the same?"

9. - Top - End - #1029
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [Group]

Val pales a bit... well, more than normal. She dismisses the mask after Yamashiro-sensei speaks up, sulking slightly.

"I'm... I'm sorry, I wasn't t-trying to be threatening... I d-didn't know."
    Ken inched over to Valeria. "Relax, they may think that way, but for what it's worth your mask and the nature of your powers don't bother me at all."
    Quote Originally Posted by KnightDisciple View Post
    "It's not perfect, but I have an idea of where to go to get something to help us track them down. Furousha Shop. It's...worth a try, at least."
    "Great!" Ren exclaimed. He felt pretty out of place and eager to get a move on.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-05-30 at 04:25 PM.

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post
    Angelo notices the rosary and his already cheerful smile widens even bigger into something almost like a pleasantly silly grin.

"I have no orders, but I would request for pancakes and orange juice." Angelo chuckles as he extends his hand. "Let me introduce myself, I am Bishop Angelo Damiano, just posted to the Church of All Glory at the residential district. Do come for Mass."

Spoiler
    Show
    Is Rosa actively concealing her reiatsu?
    Rosa does give a small chuckle at the joke. After a second of being caught off guard by the extended hand, Rosa shakes his hand as well. "I am Rosa. It is an honor to meet you, and welcome to Phoenix Town! I hope you have found our town welcoming so far. As for Mass, I will see when I can come."

Spoiler
    Show
    I would think she would be at least trying to. Probably succeeding, given the amount of time she's had to practice.

Speaking of which, is there anything she can see out of the ordinary? Not like auras or anything, more like objects.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    [Furousha]

Viatrix is tending the front, looking through a magazine with a bored look. She idly looks up to Carmelia.

"Ah. I was wondering when you'd come to pick up your stuff."
    Carmelia gave a simple glance at the magazine, before letting out a breath of exasperation, mixed with a little bit of relief. The plume of breath that escapes from the mouth on her mask soon dissipates into the air. "Blame external stimuli. I'm honestly surprised this town is still standing. Since when did the mortal realm become a warzone?"

She then closes the door in front of her with a simple shove, floating further inside towards Viatrix. "However, I'm not here to talk about the weather. Where are you keeping it?"
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

11. - Top - End - #1031
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Uh, guys? I'm not exactly chopped liver, ya know." Rex shrugged. "If we can find where Izumi's sister was grabbed, I can look for Reiraku. Should help a ton in tracking her down. Basically it's findin' a thread of her spiritual energy and followin' it to her."

He tilted his head, considering. "You think this shop'll have somethin' that'll help find that spot?"

A moment later, Rex chuckled and slapped his forehead as he realized he was a total stranger to them. "Smooth. Real smooth," he muttered to himself before addressing the kids directly. "Look, I know most of ya don't know me. I'm Rex Irons, I want to help, and Izumi-san and Nakahiro-san can vouch for me."
    Last edited by Wahrheit; 2011-05-30 at 05:23 PM.
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    Rosa does give a small chuckle at the joke. After a second of being caught off guard by the extended hand, Rosa shakes his hand as well. "I am Rosa. It is an honor to meet you, and welcome to Phoenix Town! I hope you have found our town welcoming so far. As for Mass, I will see when I can come."

Spoiler
    Show
    I would think she would be at least trying to. Probably succeeding, given the amount of time she's had to practice.

Speaking of which, is there anything she can see out of the ordinary? Not like auras or anything, more like objects.
    "Great! And this town is peaceful, relatively, compared to big cities and all its problems."

Upon taking a second or two longer to look at Father Angelo, Rosa would notice immediately that Angelo is buff. Not the kind of buff you expect from a gentle man leading a parish, but the kind of buff you'd expect from a soldier who can take and dish out a lot of punishment.

And that cross he's wearing, very elaborate and ornate, is also not something forbidden to wear and display, its rather gaudy but also seems acceptable. Plus it carries a slight glow to it that is definitely not caused by the shine and glitter of its metal, perhaps a property of its thus far unknown alloy or maybe even something spiritual?
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Bugbear in the Playground

Carmelia gave a simple glance at the magazine, before letting out a breath of exasperation, mixed with a little bit of relief. The plume of breath that escapes from the mouth on her mask soon dissipates into the air. "Blame external stimuli. I'm honestly surprised this town is still standing. Since when did the mortal realm become a warzone?"

She then closes the door in front of her with a simple shove, floating further inside towards Viatrix. "However, I'm not here to talk about the weather. Where are you keeping it?"
    The older man pinches the bridge of his nose, attempting to suppress the look of disgusted confusion plastered on his face, as he closes his book and enters the front of the store.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

14. - Top - End - #1034
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nicklance View Post
    "Great! And this town is peaceful, relatively, compared to big cities and all its problems."

Upon taking a second or two longer to look at Father Angelo, Rosa would notice immediately that Angelo is buff. Not the kind of buff you expect from a gentle man leading a parish, but the kind of buff you'd expect from a soldier who can take and dish out a lot of punishment.

And that cross he's wearing, very elaborate and ornate, is also not something forbidden to wear and display, its rather gaudy but also seems acceptable. Plus it carries a slight glow to it that is definitely not caused by the shine and glitter of its metal, perhaps a property of its thus far unknown alloy or maybe even something spiritual?
    Odd. Rosa thinks. However, she then smiles and bows a bit. "I'm glad to hear that."

"Anyways, I will be back with your meal in just a moment, Father."
    She then goes back to the counter, relaying the order before helping out.

A few moments later, she comes back bearing a tray and glass. She sets the plate and glass down on the table before the Bishop, revealing the delicious meal of pancakes before him. "Here you go! Anything else you would like?"

Quote Originally Posted by Hadrian_Emrys View Post
    The older man pinches the bridge of his nose, attempting to suppress the look of disgusted confusion plastered on his face, as he closes his book and enters the front of the store.
    Carmelia looks back over her shoulder, the mask's eyes closed as if in sleep, not indicating any sort of emotion. However, she does watch him with some sort of wariness, wondering what his reaction will be.

Other than that, the Hollow just floats there, feet floating just above the ground, while her "dress" billows and waves.
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

15. - Top - End - #1035

Sora grinned, his eyes fading back to the usual blood red.

"Don't worry Hasunaga-sensei, we will."

He shuffles awkwardly for a few seconds before sending Hasunaga a glare that says "I swear to god, if you have any more of those damnable pictures, I will kill you.
    I make avatars. Send me a request.
    BiTP:RCharacters
    Let's Play: Video Games!
    I suffer from major insomnia, don't be surprised if I'm on at odd hours.

16. - Top - End - #1036
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Wahrheit View Post
    "Uh, guys? I'm not exactly chopped liver, ya know." Rex shrugged. "If we can find where Izumi's sister was grabbed, I can look for Reiraku. Should help a ton in tracking her down. Basically it's findin' a thread of her spiritual energy and followin' it to her."

He tilted his head, considering. "You think this shop'll have somethin' that'll help find that spot?"

A moment later, Rex chuckled and slapped his forehead as he realized he was a total stranger to them. "Smooth. Real smooth," he muttered to himself before addressing the kids directly. "Look, I know most of ya don't know me. I'm Rex Irons, I want to help, and Izumi-san and Nakahiro-san can vouch for me."
    "Uh, hi. I'm Watanabe Kaito. Like I was saying, my parents got nabbed."

He shrugged at the offer of help.

"Pretty sure the lady who runs it isn't a normal shopkeep. But your method sounds faster. I'm up for other suggestions, but I'd like to move quickly."

17. - Top - End - #1037

[Fushichou Town]
    The Streets

Nakahiro remains quiet during the confrontation with the teachers, and has seemed almost entirely withdrawn. At Kaito's prompt for suggestions, however, he looks up.

"If...if anyone has a compass, or knows where to find one, I may be able to track them down."
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

18. - Top - End - #1038
    Dwarf in the Playground

"I know we gotta be as fast as we can, but I think it'd be good to have more than one way of lookin'. Be more effective that way an' less likely to miss anything important."
    If you're in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Rallicus
    I picture some NPC kid running up to the wearer, going "Sir... why are you wearing a chopped off hand?", at which point the wearer launches the kid's hat 15 feet away and snarls, "DO YOU UNDERSTAND NOW? THIS IS TRUE POWER!"

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Odd. Rosa thinks. However, she then smiles and bows a bit. "I'm glad to hear that."

"Anyways, I will be back with your meal in just a moment, Father."
    She then goes back to the counter, relaying the order before helping out.

A few moments later, she comes back bearing a tray and glass. She sets the plate and glass down on the table before the Bishop, revealing the delicious meal of pancakes before him. "Here you go! Anything else you would like?"
    The smell of the pancakes is just heavenly, and real maple syrup too!

Angelo rubs his chin thoughtfully. "Actually yes, a person working in a profession like yours is very likely to have her finger on the pulse of news. Were there many cases of sudden disappearances, or people having abrupt personality shifts or people getting mugged without any visual confirmation of assailants? Were some of these victims who ended up in hospital display a sort of acid burn that bruises their skin?"

With a few light taps of his finger on the table, Angelo simultaneously sent out an email to all the Agents indicated to be in Phoenix Town that Agent 08 is here, sent by 00 and requesting for any further instructions or updates.
    Last edited by Nicklance; 2011-05-30 at 05:57 PM.
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi frowns. "I agree with Rex.

Why don't we split up? Rex can go along the route Chiyoko and Kazari took to school, Nakahiro can do... whatever that compass does... and some of us can head to this shop to see what we can buy that would be useful.

Communicate using our phones, and meet back up... probably at my place, for reasons I've said already."

Spoiler
    Show
    And so it was that Zaeed, Aang, Winry, Ezio, Sadoko and Snow White all set out on their epic journey to destroy The Empire.

God I love Exalted.

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Ettin in the Playground

At that, quite insane, indead, Gabi speaks up.

"That is a dumb plan, splitting up."
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

22. - Top - End - #1042

Nakahiro considers for a moment, then nods.

"Alright, that seems like a good idea. How about...Izumi, Kaito, and Sora go to this 'Furousha Shop,' Ken, Ren, and Rex, try tracking them, and Valeria, Sayaka, and me go try my method?"

He pauses.

"Did that bird just talk?"
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2011-05-30 at 06:45 PM.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.

23. - Top - End - #1043
    Ogre in the Playground

Izumi looks at the bird. "Yes, it did. Would it mind explaining how?

And yes, going alone would be dumb. No, we're not doing that.

The groupings sound fine to me, Nakahiro-san."

Spoiler
    Show

God I love Exalted.

24. - Top - End - #1044

Carmelia looks back over her shoulder, the mask's eyes closed as if in sleep, not indicating any sort of emotion. However, she does watch him with some sort of wariness, wondering what his reaction will be.

Other than that, the Hollow just floats there, feet floating just above the ground, while her "dress" billows and waves.
    Tossing the book 'Sunset' into the trash bin with a look a relief, the man digs up a sheet of paper in order to study it as he asks aloud: "I have gathered that this locale is my best bet for obtaining specialty products and raw materials of a... -particular nature. Does the word 'gigai' mean anything in this facility?"
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

25. - Top - End - #1045
    Ettin in the Playground

"Not after that last display. The group without Val or Sora has a good chance of being attacked by wild hollows. Tall, pale and red-eyed feels enough like an arrancar to scare off the common sorts that roam by themselves."

Gabi flaps his wings.

"And I am Valeria's instructor, of course I speak!"
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Orc in the Playground

[Venti Buón]

For a moment, Rosa thought. She thought both about the oddity of the question and whether or not she had heard of such a thing. After a moment or two of thought, she shook her head, looking somewhat apologetic. "No, I'm afraid I don't know of any such events. Is there anything in particular you are looking for that might have something to do with this?"

----
    [Furousha Shop]

Carmelia looked at the older man, and scanned him, turning to face him more. This reveals that indeed, her mask looks like the face of a sleeping woman. Her arms in front of her, she looks like some kind of noblewoman. Her entire posture practically screams "high and mighty". "It should." She rather briefly states. Her attention seems to be focused on this man, now that he mentions such things as gigais.
    Last edited by InyutheBeatIs; 2011-05-30 at 09:19 PM.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dorizzit View Post
    Nakahiro considers for a moment, then nods.

"Alright, that seems like a good idea. How about...Izumi, Kaito, and Sora go to this 'Furousha Shop,' Ken, Ren, and Rex, try tracking them, and Valeria, Sayaka, and me go try my method?"
    "I'd prefer to go with my best bud Sayaka."
    Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    "And I am Valeria's instructor, of course I speak!"
    Ken turned back to Valeria and stared intently at the bird on her head.
    "May I pet you?" he asked with a firm look of determination.
    Last edited by nothingclever; 2011-05-30 at 09:20 PM.

28. - Top - End - #1048
    Dwarf in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

[Venti Buón]

For a moment, Rosa thought. She thought both about the oddity of the question and whether or not she had heard of such a thing. After a moment or two of thought, she shook her head, looking somewhat apologetic. "No, I'm afraid I don't know of any such events. Is there anything in particular you are looking for that might have something to do with this?"
    Angelo keeps his smile and shakes his head. "Its a habit to get to know what the crime rates and strange occurrences a particular parish experiences. Part of my duties in administering the flock. No worries about it. Thanks for the pancakes, I'll dig in."
    [Space for Hire...NOT!]

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Ettin in the Playground

"I am an intelligent spirit with years of experience beyond your lifespan. You may not pet me."

Gabi is not amused.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Orc in the Playground

[Venti Buón]

At that point, Rosa smiles again, giving a small bow again shortly after. "You're welcome Father. Hope you enjoy your meal."

At that point, she gets back to work. The whole time she can't help but think the questions...well, I'll let her think it. Odd. After all, they were rather specific, too specific to be just simply worrying about the crime rate.

Not that she'd let it affect her job any. It's just weird, is all. I'll have to ask Donovan-sama about that. She thinks, resolving the issue in her mind.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show