New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Bleach VI: We Want Our Baby Bach Ribs

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    Dropping in to vote on thread title: We got Aizen in the Bach of our Heads!
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    And that's the tiebreaker.
    Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    Personally, I would like some Baby Bach Ribs.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Xondoure View Post
    We Want Our Baby Bach Ribs get's my vote. The time of former villains is over. Now it's time to look towards the end of the manga and keep our Aizen the prize.
    Quote Originally Posted by DiscipleofBob View Post
    ... I think the Baby Bach Ribs title pulled an Aizen.

"Since when did you think I didn't already have more votes?"

Bleach still has its moments of crazy fun. Aizen and Tsukishima are two of my favorite villains in all of anime just because of how they troll their opponents with their powers.
    AAArrrrrgh! I promised a tiebreaker, and got it but like Disciple of Bob says: #3 pulled an Aizen, which is, thematicly speaking, unignorable. You know what? Just for making this hard on me you will be content with the title the way it is now. (I'll add the aizenpull reference)

On yama-jii: according to the laws of bad writing, a.k.a. the laws of writing according to Kubo, he should have a comeback pulled out of his intestinal exit. then again, another thing can be said for first showing what he can do and then pulling the mother of all worfs on him (I have never seen someone worfed quite so hard, it hurts to look at).
    Last edited by Socratov; 2012-10-17 at 01:44 AM.
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Zombie

Default Re: Bleach VI: We Want Our Baby Bach Ribs (Aizen pull)

New one up

Spoiler
    Show
    Ichigo arrives. eh. The only surprise is that someone we thought probably was dead isn't.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Huh. This one seemed a little odd, art wise. I had a bit of difficulty working out what was happening from time to time. So, did Ichigo... throw his sword at Bach, there? Because otherwise it looks like he threw it at the ground just so he could pick it up in a dramatic fashion again.

Kudos to Byakuya for somehow still being alive, though. I'm not entirely sure how much damage he's taken, but whatever it was, he got driven into a horizontal crater in a wall by, basically, shrapnel. There can't be much of him left.
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

Avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Titan in the Playground

Loved this image:
    Spoiler
    Show

Also:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Who was that guy who said at the start he wanted to "open it from here a bit earlier"? And who was he talking to? Seems kinda like he was talking to Ichigo, which would explain how he suddenly was able to arrive in Soul Society, but it's all so vague.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Jesus, pacing. I mean, I'm not even going to spoiler it because nothing actually happened this update.

19 pages for "Ichigo showed up". He could have done it in three.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    Jesus, pacing. I mean, I'm not even going to spoiler it because nothing actually happened this update.

welcome to the wonderful world of the last chapter of Bleach

Spoiler
    Show
    So fight incoming, Ichigo saes the day. Now for some lovely pasttime I have: making baseless and useless conjecture: Ichigo is the next spiritking and this is moment of awakening... (yeah, that's terrible I know, but I can't do any better at the moment)
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

7. - Top - End - #37
    Banned

Spoiler
    Show
    At first I thought the guy talking at the beginning it was Shuuhei, but I'm not sure

8. - Top - End - #38
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I am disappointed that Ichigo didn't came in Hollow-fied... it is by far his coolest power and I would love to see the others captain reaction to his Adjuchas mode. Perhaps when he does realize Old-man Genocide is dead (it didn't appear he is aware of that. Despite the bad writing I can't help but compliment Kubo on his art, I really liked how this chapter looked.
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post

While I completely agree with you in everything else, there is one semi massive spoiler in this chapter.

Spoiler
    Show
    BYAKUYA -LIIIIIIIIIIIIIVES!- SOMEONE GET HIM A HEAL, QUICK! WHERE THE **** IS ORIHIME, SHE CAN FIX BYAKUYA!

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    welcome to the wonderful world of the last chapter of Bleach
    I still won't belive it until the fat lady sings.

People complain about inaction in Dragon Ball Z, but not only is it only an issue in the anime, but the anime manages to make those pauses actually seem -tense-. And they aren't -nearly- as bad. This is honestly just plain ridiculous.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Bugbear in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by INoKnowNames View Post
    People complain about inaction in Dragon Ball Z, but not only is it only an issue in the anime, but the anime manages to make those pauses actually seem -tense-. And they aren't -nearly- as bad. This is honestly just plain ridiculous.
    I just watched Dragon Ball Kai up until defeat of Frieza, and I love what they have done with it. Sayan, Frieza and Cell sagas took 194 episodes in DBZ, and were cut down to 98 in Kai. In this case less is indeed more.

I'd hate too see this particular chapter in Bleach anime, though. We'd have twenty minutes of Ichigo coming to Soul Society with comments and looks from every minor and major character.

Also, Maugan Ra, if you're reading this I'm reading your fic and liking it.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by darksolitaire View Post
    I just watched Dragon Ball Kai up until defeat of Frieza, and I love what they have done with it. Sayan, Frieza and Cell sagas took 194 episodes in DBZ, and were cut down to 98 in Kai. In this case less is indeed more.
    DBZ Abridged did the Saiyan Saga in 10(13 technicaly) episodes, and the Frieza saga in another 20(23 technically) episodes. And yet practically everything important was kept.

But still, it's not nearly as bad as people might think. Most of the pauses are only for a few seconds... and the manga doesn't even seem to have them like that...

Quote Originally Posted by darksolitaire View Post
    I'd hate too see this particular chapter in Bleach anime, though. We'd have twenty minutes of Ichigo coming to Soul Society with comments and looks from every minor and major character.
    You probably wouldn't even be aware that someone's arrived until after the first commercial break. The first half would be that dude who was injured talking about his odd power, and then the soul society rumbling...

I'm so mad at myself! I hate this train wreck of a series for what it's become, and I don't even want to be interested in it right now! Yet I faithfully keep coming back to check, only to be disappointed as I know I would be! It's so infuriating!

Honestly, what possible special advantage does Ichigo have over ****ing old man genocide? Can someone explain this? Well, beside being the "main character", anyway. Why is he so special? Everyone else in the freaking universe likes to treat him like he's a god, even though he's really not all that interesting, or that strong compared to the others. And the plot hasn't really built up any of his abilities to justify it.

It's official: Bleach is Anime's Twilight, and Ichigo is Bella.
    Last edited by INoKnowNames; 2012-10-17 at 09:24 AM.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Colossus in the Playground

What even happened this chapter. I read it over like, three times, and about half of it seems like out of order pages, and the other half is Ichigo just...arriving. I'm very weirded out and thought it was Ginjo for some reason, sent to fight through some Quincy time travel power.

Yha, THAT'S what I got from this. A Quincy shot past Ginjo into the future on a time traveling arrow to save future Soul Sociaty. Good job on making things clear Kubo.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2012-10-17 at 08:51 AM.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Banned

What a sucky chapter...
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ichigo arrived. Byakuya is not dead yet. Could have done that in two pages.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Titan in the Playground

I wonder what Kubo's doing all day, since making Bleach clearly isn't taking much time out of his week.
    Homebrewer's Signature | Avatar by Strawberries

15. - Top - End - #45
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Spoiler
    Show
    Honestly I think someone else has also arrived. After all most of the Quincy seem to know who Ichigo is and yet Domino didn't recognize the new comer. Is it the same person who showed up to kill Kirge?

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morph Bark View Post
    I wonder what Kubo's doing all day, since making Bleach clearly isn't taking much time out of his week.
    Swimming in his money? I mean Bakuman did imply that successful mangaka (and despite it's badness Bleach is quite successful and popular) get loads of money from the sales of the manga itself, without counting the profits they should get from all the licences....
    Just call me Dusk

Dming: Eyes of the Lich Queen IC OOC

17. - Top - End - #47
    Ogre in the Playground

Working on his next Manga.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ogre in the Playground

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tebryn View Post
    Working on his next Manga.
    Finishing up Zombie Powder.

[/sarcasm]

Actually, to be perfectly fair, Kubo has been having some health problems lately from what I hear. So maybe it's best if he takes it slow.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Orc in the Playground

He is busy being the real author of the other 2 mangas. (Too bad I don't have that image saved)
    Exception cannot prove the rule. It disproves it.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Spoiler
    Show
    Looking at the bright side, we finally saw how badly decimated the 12th division is. Poor Akon didn't even had a chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by MERC_1 View Post
    I find it very amusing that a very theoretical discussion of how to Optimize Bardic Music, turns into a discussion on how much worms you can eat in 7 minutes.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Spoiler
    Show
    Did anyone else read the first few panels and actually assume it was Aizen? "Old Man Genocide is dead? Just as planned."
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

22. - Top - End - #52
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Did anyone else read the first few panels and actually assume it was Aizen? "Old Man Genocide is dead? Just as planned."
    I thought this.

And I'm not sure if I'm disappointed that it didn't happen, or that I actually wished it would have happened.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by maximus25 View Post
    I thought this.

And I'm not sure if I'm disappointed that it didn't happen, or that I actually wished it would have happened.
    I'm still not convinced that this isn't what happened. Then again, considering how difficult it is to know, I'm not exactly planting a flag on this one.
    Last edited by Thrawn183; 2012-10-17 at 07:30 PM.
    Tarvek needs to die in a fire.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    That's actually what I thought as well, the face kind of looked his, but when I came here and no-one else was coming to that conclusion I kind of figured I was just nutz. It would be appropriate though
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you really think about it, what if Bach visiting Aizen and then murdering Old Man Genocide was enough to weaken the bonds that held him. Of course, if this is the case, I can also kind of imagine Aizen confronting Bach, and Bach one-shotting him, just to display his superiority even more.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Starwulf View Post
    That's actually what I thought as well, the face kind of looked his, but when I came here and no-one else was coming to that conclusion I kind of figured I was just nutz. It would be appropriate though
    Spoiler
    Show
    If you really think about it, what if Bach visiting Aizen and then murdering Old Man Genocide was enough to weaken the bonds that held him. Of course, if this is the case, I can also kind of imagine Aizen confronting Bach, and Bach one-shotting him, just to display his superiority even more.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming Aizen hasn't already used his shikai on him. At which point all we would need id for Tsukishima to show up again for complete mind screwyness. Though it still probably wouldn't reach TRC level because Kubo's not that good of a writer.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jindra34 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Assuming Aizen hasn't already used his shikai on him. At which point all we would need id for Tsukishima to show up again for complete mind screwyness. Though it still probably wouldn't reach TRC level because Kubo's not that good of a writer.
    If they ACTUALLY sealed him WITH his zanpakuto, everyone in Soul Sociaty deserves to die.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Troll in the Playground

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    If they ACTUALLY sealed him WITH his zanpakuto, everyone in Soul Sociaty deserves to die.
    He has the senses of most of the Soul Society potentially wrapped around his finger, how exactly could they seal him without it if he truely tried to prevent it?

28. - Top - End - #58
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by jindra34 View Post
    He has the senses of most of the Soul Society potentially wrapped around his finger, how exactly could they seal him without it if he truely tried to prevent it?
    Well, he was apparently completely powerless when he lost to Ichigo, otherwise he could have simply killed his way out of the SS forces. They lost to him even before he began his transformation, afterall.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

29. - Top - End - #59
    Barbarian in the Playground

Wasn't his zanpakuto like destroyed because the hogyoku was like, "Oh you don't need that silly sword anymore!" ?

So now he's a soul reaper without a blade.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    What makes you think doesn't have his sword with him?

Wasn't his zanpakuto like destroyed
    What makes you think his zanpakuto was actually destroyed?

Edit: Man I miss Aizen.
    Last edited by Thrawn183; 2012-10-17 at 11:48 PM.
    Tarvek needs to die in a fire.