New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Alternate Class Features/Racial Class Features/Alternat

Quote Originally Posted by Threadnaught View Post
    You guys are so silly, Red Fel is still here and has posted in this thread.

See? Everything's fine, HR is still Red Fel's responsibility.
    Threadnaught... buddy... D':

You should know by now. Red Fel ain't coming back. You won't ever get the pancakes he promised. I'm sorry, Thready. Everything will be alright.

D':
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Alternate Class Features/Racial Class Features/Alternat

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    RULE 7B3sqr2 SAYS THAT THE HR DEPARTMENT WILL NOT BE CONTROLLED THROUGH PUPPETRY, MIND-CONTROL, OR SUGARY BRIBES AND ATTEMPTS TO DO SO ARE PUNISHABLE BY SEIZURE OF ALL THE OFFENDER'S ASSETS WILL BE SEIZED BY THE TAX DEPARTMENT. AS CONSILATION...
    Is that from the official quantum copy of the rules? Cause that thing changes all the time. Even if you try to burn it. Not that I like fire, but everyone seems to associate me with fire. Probably cause it is the simplest means of destruction a lot of the time. I mean it is reeeeally hard to use black holes against everything. Also once you launch a projectile faster than the speed of light you never do it again... Mainly cause no one knows what happens... Seriously what happens when you do not use magic, break the laws of physics and apply physics to the results... The answer is the DM throws a metaphorical library at you and you move on to other things.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2015-06-13 at 03:15 AM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    Is that from the official quantum copy of the rules? Cause that thing changes all the time. Even if you try to burn it. Not that I like fire, but everyone seems to associate me with fire. Probably cause it is the simplest means of destruction a lot of the time. I mean it is reeeeally hard to use black holes against everything. Also once you launch a projectile faster than the speed of light you never do it again... Mainly cause no one knows what happens... Seriously what happens when you do not use magic, break the laws of physics and apply physics to the results... The answer is the DM throws a metaphorical library at you and you move on to other things.
    Neopheonix0 wold you mind take a deep breath from negative energy plane of air
    first Its hard to understand your rant
    second ( casts sense magic) you might apotheosis to elder evil treat if you don't careful(considering Marlow getting a heroic bsod right now you might one a take chill pill or a frost spell)
    edit corrected the mistake.
    Last edited by khadgar567; 2015-06-13 at 06:49 AM.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    Neopheonix0 wold you mind take a deep breath from positive energy plane of air
    first Its hard to understand your rant
    second ( casts sense magic) you might apotheosis to elder evil treat if you don't careful(considering Marlow getting a heroic bsod right now you might one a take chill pill or a frost spell)
    Positive energy planes are not very healthy unless you are undead. I know that doesn't make much sense, but that is how the rules are written.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2015-06-13 at 06:16 AM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

Positive energy planes are not very healthy unless you are undead. I know that doesn't make much sense, but that is how the rules are written.
    sorry I don't now you are undead then I correct my previous post

6. - Top - End - #216
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    good to see you back Marlowe?

8. - Top - End - #218

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #219
    Titan in the Playground

The Lady Karn is only a Paladin when fused with 1-3 planetouched and... a buxom world-destroying construct?

Something like that.

And I will refrain from critiquing misuse of the Inner Planes (you can't take a deep breath of the negative energy plane of air, better and more accurately called the quasielemental plane of vacuum it's the Plane of Vacuum there is no air). Ok I lied there.

And Phoenix I seem to mainly associate you with random Chaos and teleportation.

Now I ought to find somebody to make something of, or look up Cyber-Newtypes. The wiki is useless
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2015-06-13 at 10:09 AM.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

10. - Top - End - #220
    Troll in the Playground

The Lady Karn is only a Paladin when fused with 1-3 planetouched and... a buxom world-destroying construct?

Something like that.

And I will refrain from critiquing misuse of the Inner Planes (you can't take a deep breath of the negative energy plane of air, better and more accurately called the quasielemental plane of vacuum it's the Plane of Vacuum there is no air). Ok I lied there.

And Phoenix I seem to mainly associate you with random Chaos and teleportation.

Now I ought to find somebody to make something of, or look up Cyber-Newtypes. The wiki is useless
    Zaydos you are traveling pretty close to cthulhu so be careful( casts plane shift to his sanctuary)

11. - Top - End - #221
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    re-re-iterating permapermission
    Eldritch Brewmaster (Warlock Archetype):

Levels: 8, 13, and 18.

Replaces: Fiendish Resilience 1, 2, and 5.

Effects:

Medicinal Alcohols (Ex): By spending an hour distilling alcohols (this requires an alchemist’s lab or similar tools; and raw materials of negligible cost) an eldritch brewmaster can create up to 1 dose of medicinal alcohol per three warlock levels. Each dose heals 2d6 damage per three warlock levels to a creature drinking it, or heals 1 point of damage to each ability score +1 per 6 warlock levels (chosen when the dose is created); drinking a dose of medicinal alcohol is considered the same kind of action as drinking potion, or it may be used as part of a Drunken Master’s Drink Like a Demon ability (in which case they gain the healing effect in addition to the effects of that ability).

Liquid Courage (Ex): An eldritch brewmaster learns to distill more and more forms of extraordinary alcohol. Beginning at 13th level they may, as part of the same 1 hour distilling process as creating their medicinal alcohol (or a 1 hour distilling process of its own) distill 1 dose of Liquid Courage per four class levels. A creature which drinks a dose of liquid courage gains immunity to fear for 1 minute per 4 warlock levels you possess, and any fear effect currently affecting them is immediately ended. Like Medicinal Alcohols, Liquid Courage loses its potency 24 hours after its creation. Drinking a dose of Liquid Courage is considered the same kind of action as drinking potion, or it may be used as part of a Drunken Master’s Drink like a Demon ability (in which case they gain the fear immunity/ending effect in addition to the effects of that ability).

Distill Vitality (Ex):
    Beginning at 18th an eldritch brewmaster adds another special brew to their repartee, one that increases the vitality and vigor of the drinker. An eldritch brewmaster can make this drink, up to 1 dose per four class levels each day, as part of making their medicinal alcohol and/or liquid courage, or as a 1 hour action of its own. Each dose of distilled vitality grants the drinker +2 to Strength and Constitution for 1 minute, but deals 2 points of damage to each mental ability score which cannot be healed until the beneficial effects of the distilled vitality end; a creature immune to ability damage suffers a stacking penalty to their mental ability scores (which may reduce their score to 0) for the duration of the benefits, a creature immune to ability damage and penalties must either waive the immunity to ability score penalties or gain neither benefits nor disadvantages from Distilled Vitality. Each additional dose of distilled vitality stacks with previous doses and resets the duration. Drinking a dose of Distilled Vitality is the same action as drinking a potion, or it may be used as part of a Drunken Master’s Drink like a Demon ability (in which case they gain the effects stack with each other).

Spoiler
    Show
    Cyber-Newtype (Mecha-Ace Archetype)

Warning my knowledge of Cyber-Newtypes comes from a Koei game.

Levels: 2nd, 5th, 12th.

Replaces: Build points gained at 2nd, 5th, and 12th level.

Effect:

Heightened Spatial Senses (Su): Beginning at 2nd level a Cyber-Newtype gains Uncanny Dodge both in and out of their Ace Mecha, as well as gaining 2 power points.

Maddening Telepathy (Su): At 5th level a Cyber-Newtype gains the ability to sense and hear thoughts out to 100-ft. If there are no more thinking creatures within range than the Cyber-Newtype's mecha ace level they may attempt to read a creature's surface thoughts (as if with Detect Thoughts) as a standard action. A Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 mecha-ace level + Cha modifier) negates this effect and renders the target immune to the cyber-newtype's mind reading for 1 hour. However if there are more thinking creatures within range than the cyber-newtype's class level they suffer a -1 penalty to attacks, AC, skill, and ability checks due to the thoughts pouring into their head. The cyber-newtype gains an additional 5 power points.

Psycommu Systems (Su): At 12th level a Cyber-Newtype gains the Funnels Module on any Ace Mecha they pilot for at least 1 week. In addition the Cyber-Newtype gains 8 power points.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2015-06-13 at 10:47 AM.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

12. - Top - End - #222

Spoiler
    Show

Hmmm...these guys need to get back to their D&D session. It's been ages.

Rein and Haman-Sama are going to want characters...

What to do...

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

Sorry, Sissy, but ACFs for that are not stuff I'd post on these forums... even if I made a Tall Tale Exaggerated Skill for... I'm shutting up now

Current Projects:

14. - Top - End - #224

Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #225
    Titan in the Playground

I don't know what a bard or crusader could trade for a giant mecha... casting? Maybe get mecha as 2/3rds level (including modules)? Why am I even thinking about this?

Current Projects:

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ettin in the Playground

I don't know what a bard or crusader could trade for a giant mecha... casting? Maybe get mecha as 2/3rds level (including modules)? Why am I even thinking about this?
    I think the easiest way for a game to accommodate mecha is to give every character NPC class levels, and then have the mechs be the ones with class levels. I described this idea in more detail here. A Crusader's healing maneuvers could be repair-nanobot swarms stored in capsules that are launched at damaged ally mecha, and steely resolve/furious counterstrike could be technology that allows your mecha to absorb energy from incoming damage to empower its own attacks. Bard I described in the other post, but the general idea is that bardic music effects are the result of an advanced onboard computer that synchronizes with nearby allies' electronics.
    Please use they/them/theirs when referring to me in the third person.
    My Homebrew (PF, 3.5)
    Awesome Bone Knight avatar by Chd.
    Spoiler: Current Characters
    Show
    Cassidy Halloran, Human Scout
    William Gamache, Human Relic Channeler Medium
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AGrinningCat View Post
    Lay on hands? More like Lay your Eyes on this sick elbow drop!

17. - Top - End - #227
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    sorry I don't now you are undead then I correct my previous post
    living people should never go to positive or negative energy planes. They either explode or wither away. Undead are fine in either type of plane.

Current avatar by me

18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground

living people should never go to positive or negative energy planes. They either explode or wither away. Undead are fine in either type of plane.
    I am not saying jump in to a energy air plane to suicide just take a breath and close the gate
    may I order a demon stew with extra fiend spice

19. - Top - End - #229

Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #230
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Eh, you can cobble together minor precognition with a little forethought and a basic understanding of how the universe generally works. I'm not talking about physics here. Physics are mainly useful as a tool. Then again most people seem very inept at forethought so maybe it really is a noteworthy ability.

Current avatar by me

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

Eldritch Brewmaster (Warlock Archetype):

Levels: 8, 13, and 18.

Replaces: Fiendish Resilience 1, 2, and 5.

Effects:

Medicinal Alcohols (Ex): By spending an hour distilling alcohols (this requires an alchemist’s lab or similar tools; and raw materials of negligible cost) an eldritch brewmaster can create up to 1 dose of medicinal alcohol per three warlock levels. Each dose heals 2d6 damage per three warlock levels to a creature drinking it, or heals 1 point of damage to each ability score +1 per 6 warlock levels (chosen when the dose is created); drinking a dose of medicinal alcohol is considered the same kind of action as drinking potion, or it may be used as part of a Drunken Master’s Drink Like a Demon ability (in which case they gain the healing effect in addition to the effects of that ability).

Liquid Courage (Ex): An eldritch brewmaster learns to distill more and more forms of extraordinary alcohol. Beginning at 13th level they may, as part of the same 1 hour distilling process as creating their medicinal alcohol (or a 1 hour distilling process of its own) distill 1 dose of Liquid Courage per four class levels. A creature which drinks a dose of liquid courage gains immunity to fear for 1 minute per 4 warlock levels you possess, and any fear effect currently affecting them is immediately ended. Like Medicinal Alcohols, Liquid Courage loses its potency 24 hours after its creation. Drinking a dose of Liquid Courage is considered the same kind of action as drinking potion, or it may be used as part of a Drunken Master’s Drink like a Demon ability (in which case they gain the fear immunity/ending effect in addition to the effects of that ability).

Distill Vitality (Ex):
    Beginning at 18th an eldritch brewmaster adds another special brew to their repartee, one that increases the vitality and vigor of the drinker. An eldritch brewmaster can make this drink, up to 1 dose per four class levels each day, as part of making their medicinal alcohol and/or liquid courage, or as a 1 hour action of its own. Each dose of distilled vitality grants the drinker +2 to Strength and Constitution for 1 minute, but deals 2 points of damage to each mental ability score which cannot be healed until the beneficial effects of the distilled vitality end; a creature immune to ability damage suffers a stacking penalty to their mental ability scores (which may reduce their score to 0) for the duration of the benefits, a creature immune to ability damage and penalties must either waive the immunity to ability score penalties or gain neither benefits nor disadvantages from Distilled Vitality. Each additional dose of distilled vitality stacks with previous doses and resets the duration. Drinking a dose of Distilled Vitality is the same action as drinking a potion, or it may be used as part of a Drunken Master’s Drink like a Demon ability (in which case they gain the effects stack with each other).
    You know who's awesome, you are
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

22. - Top - End - #232
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Socratov View Post
    You know who's awesome, you are
    You might want to check out Base Class Challenge XXI, has 3 alcohol themed classes, an alcoholic wizard variant (I refuse to call it a class all its own), and an anti-alcohol based class. Tables are out of date though .

>.>
    I might have just cribbed the abilities from the winning class in it
    <.<

Current Projects:

23. - Top - End - #233
    Troll in the Playground

You might want to check out Base Class Challenge XXI, has 3 alcohol themed classes, an alcoholic wizard variant (I refuse to call it a class all its own), and an anti-alcohol based class. Tables are out of date though .

>.>
    I might have just cribbed the abilities from the winning class in it
    <.<
    I saw the Intoxicant back in the PrC thread and I love it, now to find a moment to play it...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

24. - Top - End - #234

Cyber-Newtype (Mecha-Ace Archetype)

Warning my knowledge of Cyber-Newtypes comes from a Koei game.

Levels: 2nd, 5th, 12th.

Replaces: Build points gained at 2nd, 5th, and 12th level.

Effect:

Heightened Spatial Senses (Su): Beginning at 2nd level a Cyber-Newtype gains Uncanny Dodge both in and out of their Ace Mecha, as well as gaining 2 power points.

Maddening Telepathy (Su): At 5th level a Cyber-Newtype gains the ability to sense and hear thoughts out to 100-ft. If there are no more thinking creatures within range than the Cyber-Newtype's mecha ace level they may attempt to read a creature's surface thoughts (as if with Detect Thoughts) as a standard action. A Will save (DC 10 + 1/2 mecha-ace level + Cha modifier) negates this effect and renders the target immune to the cyber-newtype's mind reading for 1 hour. However if there are more thinking creatures within range than the cyber-newtype's class level they suffer a -1 penalty to attacks, AC, skill, and ability checks due to the thoughts pouring into their head. The cyber-newtype gains an additional 5 power points.

Psycommu Systems (Su): At 12th level a Cyber-Newtype gains the Funnels Module on any Ace Mecha they pilot for at least 1 week. In addition the Cyber-Newtype gains 8 power points.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #235
    Troll in the Playground

planetouched are awesome, even if WotC wanted to put all of them up for adoption so they could pamper the Aasimar.

Current avatar by me

26. - Top - End - #236

planetouched are awesome, even if WotC wanted to put all of them up for adoption so they could pamper the Aasimar.
    Poor planetouched. WotC really wanted something to counter the tiefling, so an Aasimar was their best bet.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

27. - Top - End - #237
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    Poor planetouched. WotC really wanted something to counter the tiefling, so an Aasimar was their best bet.
    WotC only ever pretends to like the tiefling. If you do direct comparisons it is obvious which one they prefer. They have a massive predisposition towards anything lawful good.

Current avatar by me

28. - Top - End - #238

WotC only ever pretends to like the tiefling. If you do direct comparisons it is obvious which one they prefer. They have a massive predisposition towards anything lawful good.
    You say that like it's a bad thing!

29. - Top - End - #239
    Titan in the Playground

Hence Tiefling came back in 4e and 5e but not Aasimar (my little brother still hates 4e for having Devas instead).

And in 3.x I agree with you, but looking at 2e they loved tiefling as interesting, aasimar was sort of tacked on, and ranged from better to worse depending upon whether you were going with default, or the optional random tiefling table (introduced in the first non-Monstrous Compendium book to have playable aasimar) or the option of letting you pick X choices from said tables as a tiefling (which made tiefling flat better). Said book also had rules for Earth Genasi Paladins. How can you not love non-human paladins in 2e?

Current Projects:

30. - Top - End - #240

Hence Tiefling came back in 4e and 5e but not Aasimar (my little brother still hates 4e for having Devas instead).
    I still hate 4e for having Devas instead.

Didn't they add in the Aasimar in 5e finally? Maybe I was dreaming.
    Last edited by LoyalPaladin; 2015-06-15 at 01:06 PM.