New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OOC 29: Since When Have Titles Been All That Important, Anyway?

Why do you think that Kal is so opposed to having Gordon or Prometheus in charge?

Real reasons Kal does not want Gordon or Prometheus in charge may or may not be complete unrelated to the above.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] OOC 29: Since When Have Titles Been All That Important, Anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    Any of those are fine. Though Tlannae might take less well to Zefir than some people, since her sister is a vampire and a mage.
    Now we need to solve the location problem. Think my chars could appear everywhere expect Tovpir. After all it's a bit strange to have a giant skorpion appear in a dress shop.
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

3. - Top - End - #393
    Troll in the Playground

Behold! A posting order!

Inside the dome:
    *Prometheus - TE
    Ilpholin - Reinholdt
    Gordon - Phantom

Outside the dome:
    * Cyrus - Blade of Obliviom
    Zefir - Zefir
    Karyana - C'nor
    Valente - Gulaghar
    Kal - Kid Kris
    Dark Lord - D_Lord
    Darcy and Moffs - Happyturtle
    Greg - Firefox
    MagClone, Forcedome, Magbots - Magtok
    Javert - singingnoodle

((See updated version below))

Holy boop! Even with a 24 hour post-or-be-skipped rule, it'll take ten days to do a single round outside the dome.

Er, does anyone have any ideas how to logistically manage this without keeping AMEN shut down forever?
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-02-09 at 10:12 AM.
    My avatar! Isn't it just utterly diabolical? Ashen Lilies made it!

"Money cannot buy health, but I'd settle for a diamond-studded wheelchair."
    ― Dorothy Parker

Spoiler: Interested in Nexus FFRP? Newcomers welcome!
    Show
    FFRP Faqs |Nexus Faqs | Nexus IRC Chat
    We're friendly! Join the fun!
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

4. - Top - End - #394
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Now we need to solve the location problem. Think my chars could appear everywhere expect Tovpir. After all it's a bit strange to have a giant skorpion appear in a dress shop.
    Well, Tlannae's in the ICM, so she actually has a reason to be wandering the city, unless you'd prefer them to run into each other inside.

On the Dome Fight:

To be fair, that ten days is (I think, anyway) assuming that only one of the people in the fight post in a day, which I don't think is quite accurate, since he only people who aren't that active and are on that list are D_Lord and Blade of Obliviom.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ogre in the Playground

You forget that TE has his battlemages outside the Dome too. There's also BR kicking about, in case Becky wants to get in on the action.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok
    She’s graduated from child soldier to unstable teen sorceress, way to go.

6. - Top - End - #396

ICM? What is that? I'm quiet not good with shorts other then the gaming once loke OMG LOL ROFL.

@Dome: Like C'nor sais to have 10 days per round assumes everyone isn't posting and in that case well we would stick around for years.

Also I think it would be nice if people in the bubble talk about the ending as far as possible.
    And if we really want to speed up the outside part we need to split things. Like in Naruto for example where fight couples split from the main groupe and do theis fighting .

7. - Top - End - #397
    Titan in the Playground

I'm with Happy on that one, although I don't really have any stake in that fight. As it is now, it's liable to take ages. The problem is that unlike in most such huge scenes, most of what happens depends on all the other characters, instead of being broken up in smaller sub-scenes. But I could be wrong.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Troll in the Playground

Oh right. Becky and the Battlemages... I'll stick them in after Cyrus then. And I guess I better toss in Rogar and the other henchies too. The order I used was the order everyone has most recently posted in, over the last few pages.

Inside the dome:
    *Prometheus - TE
    Ilpholin - Reinholdt
    Gordon - Phantom

Outside the dome:
    * Cyrus - Blade of Obliviom
    Becky - BR
    Battlemages - TE
    Henchies - Vampire Rot
    Rogar - Phantom
    Zefir - Zefir
    Karyana - C'nor
    Valente - Gulaghar
    Kal - Kid Kris
    Dark Lord - D_Lord
    Greg - Firefox
    Javert - singingnoodle

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

9. - Top - End - #399
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ClassyCelt View Post
    [Front Door]

An expression of shock emerges on Ven's face as the minish presents himself.

"Why you're a..... a minish aren't you? Interesting, I have only heard the tales of your people in old legends. What's even more odd is meeting one here of all places..."

After the initial surprise wears off Ven remembers what the minish just offered.

"I suppose 1000 per person is reasonable. Keep in mind that this means we are left with 40 percent and you with 60 percent. So if your mercenaries aren't up to par I will go back on your deal."
    Sorry for the confusion Celt, but just wanted to bring this to your attention. Kuko, the character played by OrchestraHC, is the only Minnish in NO at the moment. Slii is human, and human sized for that matter, but has ratlike features because of some latent skaven heritage.

It would be very hard to mistake him for a minnish.
    Julie, everyone's nth favorite succubus, by Gulaghar.
    An amazing Misha, Mimi, and Riss painting done by Ofride.
    For anyone in plots run by me, know that I always tailor solutions to those in the plot. The answer may not be obvious, but it's there, and doable by the displayed abilities of the present characters. If you need help or hints, I'll try to be available to provide them.

10. - Top - End - #400

Now probably would be a good time for me to post in NO, but I'd like to see if Classy Celt will change his post. If you'd like, you can have Ven notice Kuko, over by Jakus's feet, then talk to Slii.

Pirate Justin avatar by myself. Emmi avatar by Gulaghar, Much Thanks!

My Characters

11. - Top - End - #401
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    Er, does anyone have any ideas how to logistically manage this without keeping AMEN shut down forever?
    Yeah.

Don't fight. That was the entire reason for the battledome in the first place. To keep it from being a free for all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Troll in the Playground

And expect the average AMEN member to go along with the deathmatch agreement? That seems rather unlikely, imho.

That said, if the other outside-the-dome players think that's preferable, my characters will behave.*

*for certain definitions of 'behave'

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd answer that question, but I can't for the life of me get a positive handle in my head on what average consists of in AMEN.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2012-02-09 at 12:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Troll in the Playground

The 'average' AMEN member meets at least three of the following characteristics:

1. Self-absorbed. May take the form of arrogance, narcissism, utter disdain for others (who are clearly inferior to you), or just general selfishness.

2. Obsessed. The object of this obsession is most commonly either power (to the exclusion of any interest in sex) or sex (to the exclusion of any interest in power). Rarely both (as in the case of Ilpholin or Kal). Occasionally the obsession is unrelated to sex or power, such as pleasure, SCIENCE!, shiny things, explosions, or attention. If your character simply has a normal interest in something, it doesn't count as an obsession.

3. Violent. You might hurt people for the lulz, for science, or because you lost your temper, but you're almost certainly fond of inflicting violence on others.

4. Upper end of the power scale. Even the Moffs have high mental defense, access to the Yellow Road for portaling, and are nigh-indestructible due to irresponsible cloning.

*expects everyone to now go through their AMEN characters and list which characteristics apply*

*expects some exceptions will be found*

*is not entirely sure this classification system doesn't match up with a large number of non-AMEN PCs as well*
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-02-09 at 03:31 PM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

15. - Top - End - #405

If this whole redemption thing doesn't work out, I guess Toby should leave GLoG and go to AMEN where he fits in more.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

16. - Top - End - #406
    Orc in the Playground

Nephrim is selfish; she literally uses other people as tools to further her aims. She's also violent; other people are tools to be used, abused, and discarded as necessary. She's not over-powered, I'm careful to try and scale her as necessary. She does want to overthrow Pazuzu, but she is very patient and willing to wait for it; does that still count as obsessed?

Dam'Bul is also selfish, he's obsessed with trying to remove Nephrim's claws from his mind but has been around her long enough to severely lower his mental defences, and he's violent. But he's not a member- he enters with Nephrim, and serves Nephrim's cause above that of AMEN, Gordon, Pazuzu and every other being save himself (though can't resist Nephrim when she orders him to do something detrimental to his own plans and desires).
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

17. - Top - End - #407
    Titan in the Playground

Michalson only really fit the self-absorbed part, since I'm not sure if his mission to destroy undead counts as obsession for the purpose of this list. He's not very violent and not particularily powerful. No wonder he left AMEN, although the direct reason was Riv being allowed to stay.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ogre in the Playground

Karyana might fit three of those, depending on how you define everything, but it would be stretching the definitions quite a bit. She's definitely powerful, but... She only really gets violent as defined there if something threatens Zwei or Ashley, she's definitely not self-absorbed, and the only thing that could count as an obsession is the fact that she's in love with both of them.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Troll in the Playground

Becky meets three out of four. Possibly all four now what with her Ilpholinte upgrades.

I don't think AMEN is big enough for both her ego and Tobias' though.

Inner Circle
    Spoiler
    Show

Werewolf Games
    Spoiler
    Show
    Games Won: 5
    Ashna and Brendan dolls by Recaiden
    BR by Dr. Bath

BR's Bag o' Nuts · The Russkijs · Bushrangers explained
    Homebrew
    Condiments · Pianos · Tumbleweeds · Drow Bloodline · Half-Drow Noble · Lacy Items

20. - Top - End - #410

Hmm. If I think of it I would say Zefir only fits one of them.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

The 'average' AMEN member meets at least three of the following characteristics:

STUFF
    Cyrus fits at least three, if not all four.

1. (Self-Absorbed) He's insanely narcissistic, and has an absurd God complex. The list of beings that he classifies as 'sentient' is very short. Also, while he's certainly not for want in any intellectual field, he has a highly inflated opinion of his own intelligence.

2. (Violent) Cyrus has, onscreen, been personally involved in at least four fights, though he only instigated one of them. Said instigation involved summoning two incredibly destructive creatures into a populated area and setting them loose. He has been responsible for hundreds of offscreen NPC deaths in the Nexus alone, and several thousand in his backstory. The latter statistic includes his extended family.

3. (Powerful) Cyrus is a megalomaniac precisely because of his personal power. Since coming to the Nexus, he's become even more powerful than he was previously, through new landscapes to tap into for mana and new resources. In his homeland (which happens to be Ravnica, for those familiar with MtG) he spent some time in the Rakdos, learning their magic, and in fact his planeswalker spark activated during a near-death experience at one of their "parties." His personal power as a Planeswalker grew to such a degree that he outclassed virtually everything else on the plane, including the various Guild Leaders and Guild Champions. However, with that kind of sheer power, it was inevitable that he would either descend into madness or seek greater aspirations elsewhere. However, being who he is, Cyrus took a third option: Both.

4. (Obsession) This one's a bit iffy for Cyrus, since, while his time in the Rakdos left him interested in both power and sex, his current aspirations are for power and power alone. (He figures that once he is powerful enough, the sex won't be difficult to obtain.) Thus, while he is still interested in sex, he primarily lusts for power, discounting any of the three options put up under this category. His original character was a lot more interested in the sex angle, and to this day he remains the only one of my characters who has been behind a curtain.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Orc in the Playground

Cyrus also traumatised a young half-angel by summoning a Fallen Angel after Natalie absent-mindedly wondered if an angel magically forced to murder innocents would Fall or not.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Cyrus also traumatised a young half-angel by summoning a Fallen Angel after Natalie absent-mindedly wondered if an angel magically forced to murder innocents would Fall or not.
    Oh yeah. I forgot about that.

Yeah, I don't know why I had him do that. That was pretty twisted.

EDIT: Oh, and it's my turn to post Outside. I'll go do that.
    Last edited by BladeofObliviom; 2012-02-09 at 07:52 PM.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Orc in the Playground

Huh. You know, I just can't see which one of those Rot fits the best. Nope, not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Julius Caesar, Shakespeare
    Cowards die many times before their deaths;
    The valiant never taste of death but once.
    Of all the wonders that I yet have heard,
    It seems to me most strange that men should fear,
    Seeing that death, a necessary end,
    Will come when it will come.
    Nexus characters

25. - Top - End - #415
    Orc in the Playground

Deadtime now. Goodnight, sleeptight and don't let the duvets bite.

Also, Gulaghar, BladeofObliviom and ThirdEmperor, please post for the Swamp of Not-Quite-Sanity.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Troll in the Playground

Updated:

Inside the dome:

* Prometheus - TE
    Ilpholin - Reinholdt
    Gordon - Phantom

Outside the dome:

Cyrus - Blade of Obliviom
    Becky - BR
    Battlemages - TE
    Henchies - Vampire Rot
    Rogar - Phantom
    Zefir - Zefir
    Karyana - C'nor
    Valente - Gulaghar
    Kal - Kid Kris
    Dark Lord - D_Lord
    Greg - Firefox
    Javert - singingnoodle

(For the sake of expedience, since there isn't actually any combat yet Outside-the-dome, I recommend that the rotation be considered somewhat fluid, and that anyone among the next four slots be cleared for posting.)
    Last edited by happyturtle; 2012-02-09 at 09:42 PM.

― Dorothy Parker

Show
    Ext. Sig.
    PCs

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ogre in the Playground

Even after enough hot gay men have been recruited so that nothing happens in AMEN except for bad slash fic and the entire thread is slapped behind a curtain?
    It's like bizarro HALO...Men...Above water...Evil...
    Last edited by TechnoScrabble; 2012-02-09 at 09:46 PM.
    GLORIOUS SOVIET SNAIL SUPERTECHNOLOGY

Comrade L.E.S.S. by The Mad Hatter!

Quote Originally Posted by Viper9090 View Post
    My weirdest nightmare has just been replaced.
    (Recaiden) He lives!
    (Firedaemon33) Ia! Ia! TechnoScrabble F'Taghn!
    My job requires I leave without warning or explanation sometimes. I should be back within a few days each time.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Slii Arhem View Post
    Sorry for the confusion Celt, but just wanted to bring this to your attention. Kuko, the character played by OrchestraHC, is the only Minnish in NO at the moment. Slii is human, and human sized for that matter, but has ratlike features because of some latent skaven heritage.

It would be very hard to mistake him for a minnish.
    Oh! My bad, I completely missed that haha. I mistook you for OrchestraHc for some reason? Let me go ahead and fix that >.> <.<

Alright, well, after some herping and derping I fixed it.
    Last edited by ClassyCelt; 2012-02-09 at 09:54 PM.
    Erin Go Bragh!
    "Oh, so now you are saying that I'm redundant, that I repeat myself, that I say things over and over?!"

Tottenham Hotspurs. Nuff said.

Nexus Character(s)

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ogre in the Playground

*Pokes BR to the Nest*

30. - Top - End - #420
    Pixie in the Playground

Keveak, Chezmarine, TE, C'nor ((i.e. everyone involved in the gnoll invasion plotline)):

My post may have been completely buried at this point, so I'm linking it here just in case you missed it!

...yep, that's all. Thank-you.
    Thank-you Ceika so much for my awesome avatar!