New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Boku No hero Academia I: because it deserves a thread.

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    If you dont want it pointed out you have made a false prediction, then you should avoid making predictions.
    But what you and some others argued for so far, based on Baku's demeanor, were that he would turn into a villain.
    We have however now seen that it would newer happen, since he is 100% dedicated to becoming the #1 hero.

And what i predicted a while ago, were that the only way he would switch sides, would be if mind control or simular things were used.
    But at that point its no longer him switching sides, he is being made to switch sides.
    It is literally and literately the same at the end of the day. Baku isn't going to be a hero for long. How it happens is how it happens but he's going to be part of the Villain Alliance. One way or another.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Bugbear in the Playground

Wouldn't call that the same actually.

In one case we have Bakugou choosing to side with the villains, whether by promises of power, glory, or other. Them convincing him that the villain side is a major thing that effects Bakugou's story and has him shift his goals.

Him getting mind controlled or turned into one of those monstrosities just takes out his agency and makes it a case of "but thou must" where Bakugou still has the same goals and ideals, but is being forced into it.

It's a case of him choosing, which is a change from his dreams and efforts, or being forced into it, which subverts his whole "I'll be the number 1 hero, so go screw yourselves" via the fact his decision suddenly doesn't matter.

Even if you think it's literally the same, plot-wise and character-wise, they're night and day.

3. - Top - End - #243

4. - Top - End - #244
    Troll in the Playground

It may be a trope beaten to death at this point, but I still love a Rocky-esque work-out montage.

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Yea tv series has been pretty good so far. New Chapter as well

Spoiler
    Show
    Everything goes perfectly, team Deku is in completely the wrong place and All Might is setting off death flags like fireworks. Although I couldn't guess what's going to get him. Possibly just running out of time, or pushing his time limit way to much.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kymme View Post
    So, episode three of the anime adaptation came out today. All I can say is...
    The voice acting in the anime is so good oh my god.

New chapter!
    Spoiler
    Show

Holy **** it's the Noumu factory. Good job little heroes! Also, I love Kaminari's expression as Yoyorozu complains about it being too tight between the walls. I've been there girl, I've been there *head nods*.

Back with the villains proper we learn that the magician is called Compress, which is an interesting name. Also, PIZZA DELIVERY! This is such a good scene. Dabi trying to light up Kamui Woods' tree...only to get booted in the head by Gran Torino and it looks like he's basically ****in' dead emotionally from an old man kicking his face in. I love it when the heroes in this series do heroic things. We also learn that Edge Hero is from America, neat!

Back at the Noumu factory...Mt. Lady ****ing destroys it with a truck kick. We also see that Best Jeanist's Quirk is some kind of stitching power...using jean material. Nice.

What a chapter. Holy ****.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Yea whoever did baby Deku did such a good job that it actually really stood out even with it being just a few seconds.

8. - Top - End - #248

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewolf View Post
    Yea whoever did baby Deku did such a good job that it actually really stood out even with it being just a few seconds.
    Can we get a web MD of him doing that rocking back in forth in the chair before the video starts because it's the cutest thing in existence.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Troll in the Playground

New chapter!
    Spoiler
    Show

Holy **** it's the Noumu factory. Good job little heroes! Also, I love Kaminari's expression as Yoyorozu complains about it being too tight between the walls. I've been there girl, I've been there *head nods*.

Back with the villains proper we learn that the magician is called Compress, which is an interesting name. Also, PIZZA DELIVERY! This is such a good scene. Dabi trying to light up Kamui Woods' tree...only to get booted in the head by Gran Torino and it looks like he's basically ****in' dead emotionally from an old man kicking his face in. I love it when the heroes in this series do heroic things. We also learn that Edge Hero is from America, neat!

Back at the Noumu factory...Mt. Lady ****ing destroys it with a truck kick. We also see that Best Jeanist's Quirk is some kind of stitching power...using jean material. Nice.

What a chapter. Holy ****.
    Spoiler: Ch.87
    Show

Oh my Goodness! There's just so much "waiting for the other shoe to drop"-ness now with this chapter, it's painful.

I like that Bakugou was shown thinking while delivering his usual jagged-edged trollish dialogue, and the look on his face when All Might put his hand his shoulder is priceless.

Was that the other Pussycat - Rag-Doll I think it was - that Tiger was carrying near the end of the chapter? That's a point they've touched on a few times in the exposition dialogue but was fairly deep into the background otherwise.

10. - Top - End - #250

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post
    Spoiler: Ch.87
    Show

Oh my Goodness! There's just so much "waiting for the other shoe to drop"-ness now with this chapter, it's painful.

I like that Bakugou was shown thinking while delivering his usual jagged-edged trollish dialogue, and the look on his face when All Might put his hand his shoulder is priceless.

Was that the other Pussycat - Rag-Doll I think it was - that Tiger was carrying near the end of the chapter? That's a point they've touched on a few times in the exposition dialogue but was fairly deep into the background otherwise.
    Spoiler
    Show

Hadn't even noticed that! She's quite naked, so I guess they where going to use her to make a Noumu. I hope she's okay...

11. - Top - End - #251
    Titan in the Playground

It was a pretty badass chapter, though sadly not one that has to much content to discuss.
    I guess besides if Handface will get arrested or not.
    At this point i can honestly see the story going either way.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

Can we get a web MD of him doing that rocking back in forth in the chair before the video starts because it's the cutest thing in existence.
    I don't always do requests, but for BnHA, I'm willing to make an exception.

13. - Top - End - #253

Quote Originally Posted by Kymme View Post
    I don't always do requests, but for BnHA, I'm willing to make an exception.

I'm not one to keep image macros or anything since I tend to prefer using my words. That said.

*Favorites forever*

Thanks a bunch~

14. - Top - End - #254
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

New chapter

Spoiler
    Show
    So Jeanist, Ragdoll, Mt. Lady, Mr Tiger and a new Orca hero are all dead without getting a chance to counter attack, All For One has released his second lot of Nomus on All Mights team and the wannabe rescue team are too scared to even move. I'd say Old guy is going to grab Byak and run, All Mights going to die holding the line and the other heros have about a 50/50 chance of dying except Endeavour who is probably also going to survive.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: new chapter
    Show

Wow, things certainly changed fast, but all the same i think its just a little to early to declare the first team dead. At least before we have seen the bodies.

And i also think its a bit to early for All Might to bite the dust in the bar showdown. These have most likely not been enginered to stand against him, and with the possibility of a hand from the backup team then i do think the Numoras (or whatever they are called) will be fought off.

16. - Top - End - #256

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewolf View Post
    New chapter

Spoiler
    Show
    So Jeanist, Ragdoll, Mt. Lady, Mr Tiger and a new Orca hero are all dead without getting a chance to counter attack, All For One has released his second lot of Nomus on All Mights team and the wannabe rescue team are too scared to even move. I'd say Old guy is going to grab Byak and run, All Mights going to die holding the line and the other heros have about a 50/50 chance of dying except Endeavour who is probably also going to survive.
    Spoiler
    Show

I don't think they're dead, he wouldn't waste such intense power on "small fry". He'd probably be saving it for All Might. We'll have to see next chapter though.

Holy **** this was an intense chapter though. Between Edge Shot showing off his power in a pretty shocking way, the surprise of All For One actually stepping in to the fight with his powers...potentially mortally wounding or at least defeating all those pro heroes. Dear god this is going to be a crazy fight.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground

Show

Wow, things certainly changed fast, but all the same i think its just a little to early to declare the first team dead. At least before we have seen the bodies.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I agree, it's possible they've been warped away rather than disintegrated, it would be easy to assume the latter.

As to the chapter in general, great way to - directly - introduce the big bad.

I also like the Heroes listing the names of the Villains. It's an interesting aspect of this series that maintaining a Heroic Name is considered a genuine sign of respect - like a badge of office one earns - and that they like to actively strip that from the Villains when they can.

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh I didn't actually notice Byak had been warped away, next time I see him I think he's going to be depowered as a switch between him an Deku. As for the B team I still think they are dead if you look at the shot of One for all he seems to have fired some sort of beam that's destroyed everything infront of him and is now flying.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Troll in the Playground

Watching the anime, it amuses me to no end that Midoriya's reaction to Uraraka asking about "You know? The plain one" was "That's me!!".

20. - Top - End - #260
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

I laughed when he broke 3 of his limbs in that fight and planned to break his fourth on the floor.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Newwest chapter
    Show
    You know, I really do hope that they aren't all dead. It seems like a sudden way to kill them all off.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

22. - Top - End - #262

New chapter! Golden Week is over!

Spoiler
    Show
    The villains all get warped away due to a power of All For One, and we see that Best Jeanist saved everyone through use of his quirk! Unfortunately...All For One seems to take a chunk out of his body, saying that all his skill is personal, not quirk based, and thus he is useless. We then see that...All For One legitimately seems to care about Shiguraki and wants him to succeed, much like All Might is for Deku. The contrast of the two is fantastic, and it really sets the stage for what happens at the end of the chapter.

Deku wants to rush in and help, but Iida prevents everyone from going. He kept his word, he'll keep them safe. And then...All Might appears. "You! I'll make you give everything back!" "All Might! Are you here to kill me again?!"

Next chapter is going to be ****ing intense.

23. - Top - End - #263
    Titan in the Playground

Though i would share this quite nice BNHA AMW, that shows out nicely how good the animation is in the new anime.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trG1lF_Z0t4

Show

And yeah, i knew they would not randomly kill that many named heroes off, certainly not without showing a body. Though it might be the end for Best Jeanist, only time will tell.

Do love that of everyone Ida is the one to actually keep his head even barely cold, preventing them from rushing out into their doom.
    It is going to get bloody enough already next time, though my personal bet is on a draw with All for One getting away.

I do think he dont want to fight One for All himself, my reading of the situation is that he genuinly want to pass that torch to his student.

24. - Top - End - #264

NecromancerGuy

Show

And yeah, i knew they would not randomly kill that many named heroes off, certainly not without showing a body. Though it might be the end for Best Jeanist, only time will tell.

Do love that of everyone Ida is the one to actually keep his head even barely cold, preventing them from rushing out into their doom.
    It is going to get bloody enough already next time, though my personal bet is on a draw with All for One getting away.

I do think he dont want to fight One for All himself, my reading of the situation is that he genuinly want to pass that torch to his student.
    Spoiler: Chapter 89
    Show
    I think that Yaoyarozu is also holding back Kawashima.

But, yeah, good call Iida. And kudos for finally being able to move.

And it turning out not that someone had crapped their pants(though if Mineta had been present, I guarantee that he would've shat bricks) but instead that All For One's teleportation goop is stanky stank.

I really like that whole "Gonna kill me again?" part to it. Although I admit, I had thought he'd only been gravely wounded and crippled, not actually killed or mortally wounded, and his slow recovery was part only having relatively recently found a person with a regenerating quirk and part the quirk being slower than molasses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: On 89 Healing
    Show

I believe the regeneration may be Broken. Healing girl can heal Deku, but enough damage will still leave him a cripple.

Imagine if your jaw is shoved inside your head. If it regenerates improperly, it will sow your mouth shut with flesh.

I think the same type of thing is happening with All for One.

I think he needs that mask to prevent his regeneration from killing himself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fralex View Post
    A little condescending
    That pretty much sums up the Scowling Dragon experience.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: on 89
    Show

We have seen him without the mask, so im not to certain about him needing it to survive. personally i think its more a question of it having trouble fixing damage from before he got the regeneration quirk.

27. - Top - End - #267

Spoiler: on 89
    Show

We have seen him without the mask, so im not to certain about him needing it to survive. personally i think its more a question of it having trouble fixing damage from before he got the regeneration quirk.
    Spoiler
    Show

Keep in mind he was also attached to a lot of medical machines in that scene though. I don't think the helmet is to keep him alive that being said, I just think it's part of his villain outfit. IT'd explain why his face IS that messed up. All Might punched his face so hard it smashed the helmet AND his face.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Keep in mind he was also attached to a lot of medical machines in that scene though. I don't think the helmet is to keep him alive that being said, I just think it's part of his villain outfit. IT'd explain why his face IS that messed up. All Might punched his face so hard it smashed the helmet AND his face.
    Spoiler
    Show

Maybe it's there just to protect himself from the smell of his teleportation quirk. Midoriya - though it could have been Bakugou off-panel - remarked how it suddenly smells like **** when that black ooze shows up. While Midoriya and friends are clearly - and rightly - terrified, they also look pretty noxious at that point as well.

Seems somewhat trivial - and it may indeed be some kind of medical technology as said - but this manga usually prizes function over form, costume designs and weapons make practical sense in most cases.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ettin in the Playground

I knew not sleeping would pay off someday.

Im just sad about the information we got, or more like....what we lost.

Spoiler: Chapter 90
    Show

Psyche.

All Might is Fine, even though All for One is kicking his ass.

So at the moment Kachan has been more or less rescued, or midrescue.

Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fralex View Post
    A little condescending
    That pretty much sums up the Scowling Dragon experience.

30. - Top - End - #270

Quote Originally Posted by Scowling Dragon View Post
    I knew not sleeping would pay off someday.

Im just sad about the information we got, or more like....what we lost.

Spoiler: Chapter 90
    Show

Psyche.

All Might is Fine, even though All for One is kicking his ass.

So at the moment Kachan has been more or less rescued, or midrescue.

Spoiler
    Show

I ****in' haaaaaaaaate you. I hate you so much. Had me more on edge than I already was the entire chapter!

God what a fantastic chapter though. Deku figures out how to save Bakugou without making Bakugou go insane from being saved by him AGAIN. We see that both All Might and All For One are weaker, and it actually feels like All For One will lose here...we also see at least part of All For One's quirk manipulation power is to force a quirk to turn on, and that appearance wise it's GIANT ****ING BLACK NEEDLE FINGERS AAAAAH.

This is so great.