New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1505
  1. - Top - End - #1201
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] HALO 174: Just when you think you're not in Kansas anymore, turns out you

"Thanks! And... er... Sort of, I guess. She's the other parent, yes, and the child would have taken her name had I ended up with a son, so close enough."

2. - Top - End - #1202
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: [Nexus] HALO 174: Just when you think you're not in Kansas anymore, turns out you

Oh, another woman. The young woman, obviously, has no problems with ladies getting married. But now she's sounding bitter thanks to personal experience. A girl raised without a father will end up half of a person.
    “Me quoque per multos similis fortuna labores
    iactatam hac demum voluit consistere terra.
    Non ignara mali, miseris succurrere disco.”

– Publius Vergilius Maro, The Aeneid

3. - Top - End - #1203
    Orc in the Playground

[Kitchen]

Chris looks rather mournfully at the still somewhat full glass of rum in his hands, before realizing that he can just down it right now. So he does. After sort of slipping the glass back on the table, he tries to somewhat stumble his way over to Sam, trying to be considerate of Carrie in the process. It probably ends up involving half carrying Carrie along with him. "Alrighty just...just give me a sec', mkay? 'm comin' over there."
    How is my roleplaying? Feel free to send me thoughts and/or constructive criticism.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Moff Chumley View Post
    ...and now I'm imagine Yoda as a DJ. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracklord View Post
    We've already got a perfectly rational explanation. We don't need to get Ponies involved.

4. - Top - End - #1204
    Ogre in the Playground

"Would you like to tell her that? She decided to come back in time recently, and she's only a few rooms down... If you survive long enough to make a case, she might be willing to discuss the matter.

Besides which, she's getting five people who are effectively her parents, all of whom love her dearly. Why the hell would it matter if any of them are male?"

Judging by the vampire's expression, Ally may have managed to finally get the reaction she was afraid of when she came in.

5. - Top - End - #1205

Ally snaps out of her funk and leans away from the vampire, suddenly seriously worried for her life. Maybe "father" wasn't the best word. I should have said "parents". If your daughter has so many people to look after and take care of her, that's great... But I never knew my dad; after my mom died I was alone on the streets.

6. - Top - End - #1206
    Ogre in the Playground

Karyana calms a bit, nodding apologetically.

"Fair enough... I can certainly see why growing up without family wouldn't be good for her, yes. Though she certainly could do worse than ending up like you.

And I'm sorry about scaring you. It was my father who sent me off to be tortured due to being a mage, which I still have a mental block from, so that particular choice of words triggered a lot of bad memories, on top of tapping into all the worries I'm having about whether or not I'll make a good parent."

7. - Top - End - #1207

Your father... W-why? Ash told me about some cultures hating mages, but... The thief has been so convinced that her life would be better if she knew her dad that she never even considered the possibility of fathers being horrible.

8. - Top - End - #1208
    Ogre in the Playground

"The main religion in my original universe views magic use as an abomination. My family, with the exception of my older sister, are followers of said religion. So I was sent off to have my abilities removed, which turned out to take about a year," Karyana replies, sounding rather bitter. "This whole body is actually shapeshifting, not my true form; in that, I've got enough deep scars and burns that it hurts to even pull on a shirt."
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2012-11-17 at 04:34 PM.

9. - Top - End - #1209
    Dwarf in the Playground

Angie walks back into the base and starts to head towards BR's room in a roundabout sort of way. She has missed the cool sights you can see walking the hallways here, looking out at the ocean around the base. She figures she will stop by the infirmary at some point as well. Who knows she could really run into anyone.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Thanks for the Nude Avatar MethosHazara

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    Do they cry on those worlds,
    to?

10. - Top - End - #1210

Angie may run into a man in a longcoat whose hands and head are both completely wrapped in gauze, also looking out at the ocean, not moving a muscle.

11. - Top - End - #1211
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by InyutheBeatIs View Post
    [Kitchen]

Chris looks rather mournfully at the still somewhat full glass of rum in his hands, before realizing that he can just down it right now. So he does. After sort of slipping the glass back on the table, he tries to somewhat stumble his way over to Sam, trying to be considerate of Carrie in the process. It probably ends up involving half carrying Carrie along with him. "Alrighty just...just give me a sec', mkay? 'm comin' over there."
    Carrie stumbles along with him, not quite sure as to how to walk and think any more.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

12. - Top - End - #1212
    Dwarf in the Playground

Angie will indeed run into said man, though not literally. She notices the gauze and frowns just a bit. That could be there for any number of reasons, she thinks to herself, might as well see if there is anything she can do to help. So she moves closer to the man looking out to where he is looking trying to spot what he sees. She will also cough just a bit in case he hasn't heard her yet. No point in sneaking up on people.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

13. - Top - End - #1213

The man's just looking put the ocean, there's nothing particularly special (for the ocean, anyway) to see. He turns his head when Angie coughs. "I don't think I know you.'

14. - Top - End - #1214
    Dwarf in the Playground

Angie is a young woman in her early 20's. She has long blonde hair well past her shoulders and dark blue eyes with flecks of gold in them. She has a small build and looks very skinny. While she may have put on some muscle the last few weeks, she isn't using a cane anymore, she is still a small girl.

"Yeah I am not around all that often anymore. It has been a few years since I last lived here. I'm Angie nice to meet you."

She offers a hand to shake. Hoping her ability to sense someones health at a touch might be able to get through his gauze. Though she doubts that the man has any recent wounds and is guessing that he has scars or something he is hiding.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

15. - Top - End - #1215

"A pleasure, Angie. Most of the people here call me Nai." Nai accepts the handshake. Angie won't sense anything from the touch. She may note that even his eyes are covered, and the gauze doesn't look thin enough to see through.

16. - Top - End - #1216
    Dwarf in the Playground

Nice to meet you to Nai. So what brought you to HALO, are you a member here?"

Angie considers the possibility that the gauze serves some sort of mystical purpose, she has heard of that before.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

17. - Top - End - #1217

"This HALO is closer to where I fought than any of the other organizations that serve Good." The gauze is normal, though I don't know if Angie knows that. "I am not a member, however. I have merely been permitted to stay.'

18. - Top - End - #1218
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Yeah I did that for awhile. It is a good place to spend some time. So you are a fighter for good then, keeping busy in the Nexus?"

Angie has no idea what is up with the gauze yet. She isn't going to bring it up right now though.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

19. - Top - End - #1219

"I am a paladin of McCarrow, yes," Nai says. "But this Nexus is not my place to fight."

20. - Top - End - #1220

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    "The main religion in my original universe views magic use as an abomination. My family, with the exception of my older sister, are followers of said religion. So I was sent off to have my abilities removed, which turned out to take about a year," Karyana replies, sounding rather bitter. "This whole body is actually shapeshifting, not my true form; in that, I've got enough deep scars and burns that it hurts to even pull on a shirt."
    ... Absolutely horrified, Ally tries to hug the vampire. I'm so sorry...

Sam reaches out to hold the young couple up and keep them from falling over. She also leans in to kiss Chris.
    Last edited by FireFox; 2012-11-17 at 07:42 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1221
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox View Post
    ... Absolutely horrified, Ally tries to hug the vampire. I'm so sorry...
    Karyana's mood seems to improve just a touch at that, and she gently returns the thief's hug.

"It's okay. Not like you had anything to do with it, after all."

22. - Top - End - #1222

After a few seconds, she pulls back and starts to stand up. I think I should get going... Before someone checks the security cameras and sees her stealing from the infirmary.

23. - Top - End - #1223
    Ogre in the Playground

Karyana smiles a bit, going to hand the thief a ring carved out of nephrite jade before she leaves.

"Try not to get caught. Though if you do, that should pop you into a little subdimension in the Forest that no-one else knows about, albeit not too terribly many times before it dies.

And come see me sooner this time, alright?"

24. - Top - End - #1224

Ally hesitates before accepting the ring. She usually hates being given things she didn't earn (she considers stealing something earning it), but this is a gift given in friendship. Thanks. I'll see you soon, Kary. Then she heads for the shuttle and will leave the base unless stopped.

25. - Top - End - #1225
    Ogre in the Playground

"You're welcome, Ally. Take care of yourself."

With that, once the thief is out of the room, she heads back into the Forest, though if anyone comes looking for her, they'll find a note telling them to feel free to follow her through.

26. - Top - End - #1226
    Dwarf in the Playground

"So where is your fight if you don't mind me asking." Angie asks curiously. She may not look like much of a fighter, but she is always happy to lend a hand in the good fight.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

27. - Top - End - #1227

"My fight is in a dimension that is a mirror to this one. But I do not know how to return there." That sounds a little hard to believe, but this is the Nexus.

28. - Top - End - #1228
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Ah mirror universes are weird. So where you come from do you know a bunch of people that live here that are evil?"

Angie remembers meeting mirror people way back when she first came to town years and years ago. They weren't very nice.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?

29. - Top - End - #1229

"Of the people I have met here in HALO, most of them have a counterpart in my home," Nai says. He has a Nexus-twin as well, but he doesn't know who yet.

30. - Top - End - #1230
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Did you ever meet someone that could be my mirrorself? I have angle blood from way back, so I guess they might have demon blood."

She isn't entirely sure what the rules of the mirroring is, but seems genuinely curious about her otherself.
    Check out My Writing
    New
    prestige class

Poem by me.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The stars glimmer
    and I can't help
    but wonder.
    to?