New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 24394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1499
  1. - Top - End - #1441
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Avatar Battle Royale: Discussion Thread XV, Now Darker and Edgier

Quote Originally Posted by Lavidor View Post
    That's more than a hundred strips ago.*

As for TS's idea, how about: "Free Union of Nonpartisan Totally Independent Militia Establishments"

*Yes, I realise it's a joke, it's just a bad one.
    I haven't read past issue like... 400 and something. I dunno why, I just can't be bothered.
    Last edited by Nameless; 2008-12-28 at 01:00 PM.

2. - Top - End - #1442
    Troll in the Playground

Holy crap that was like.... three paragraphs!
    ____

3. - Top - End - #1443
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post
    Holy crap that was like.... three paragraphs!
    Four, actually.

4. - Top - End - #1444
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kazul View Post
    Edit: I had an idea once, that the colours of keys used to lock Talisman came from the scales colours of Sildyu's dragon generals - ones, who were fighting on her side out of loyality, not made to it. I think the idea is good, because there is a red key, which could symbolize ancestor of Chriky and Firedrake, who as we know was truly loyal to Sildyu. And so that leaves us with blue, orange, yellow and green general to create. So, what do you guys think about the idea?
    IIRC, the keys each corresponded to a member of the Order of the Driving Lance, who destroyed Sildyu. They sealed the Talisman away and each took one of the keys for safekeeping.

5. - Top - End - #1445
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by megadoomer45 View Post
    He said I couldn't have a LASER RAPIER

he said nothing about a power sword.
    in addition as long as the method for getting said wepon is legitimate meaning i take a few comics to get it...Its fine.

Now end this off topicness and discuss everyones favorite comic about a lizard!
    Look, it doesn't matter whether it's a power sword or a laser rapier! I made a mistake, but a laser rapier is not properly canon!
    The laser rapiers come 4,000 years before FFF, if I recall. I don't really like the idea of a bunch of people time-traveling. The closest we've come to that is changing plots. Unless you count Nameless, but he doesn't count.

6. - Top - End - #1446
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Gremlin View Post
    Look, it doesn't matter whether it's a power sword or a laser rapier! I made a mistake, but a laser rapier is not properly canon!
    The laser rapiers come 4,000 years before FFF, if I recall. I don't really like the idea of a bunch of people time-traveling. The closest we've come to that is changing plots. Unless you count Nameless, but he doesn't count.
    look.... rand said that there are still space marines around that I could get the power sword from. LASER RAPIERS ARE DIFFERENT. HE SAID THAT SINCE THERE ARE STILL SPACE MARINES AROUND I COULD STILL MAYBE FIND A POWERSWORD!

7. - Top - End - #1447
    Banned

look.... rand said that there are still space marines around that I could get the power sword from. LASER RAPIERS ARE DIFFERENT. HE SAID THAT SINCE THERE ARE STILL SPACE MARINES AROUND I COULD STILL MAYBE FIND A POWERSWORD!

The whole time, you were arguing that you wanted a laser rapier. You could have said, from the beginning, 'I don't want a power sword, I want a laser rapier'. Please don't make me waste my time arguing for no reason next time.
    Also, why the caps? I wasn't 'yelling', there's no need for you to.
    Last edited by The Gremlin; 2008-12-28 at 01:29 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1448

The whole time, you were arguing that you wanted a laser rapier. You could have said, from the beginning, 'I don't want a power sword, I want a laser rapier'. Please don't make me waste my time arguing for no reason next time.
    Also, why the caps? I wasn't 'yelling', there's no need for you to.
    That's not what I was saying. I was talking to rand and I went looking on google for a picture of a power sword because rand's reason was okay to me so I went with the next best thing. It was an unspoken consent type of thing.

9. - Top - End - #1449
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

I like it. I also think we can make Keveak's idea work. How about instead of 'half' we just have three spies per inn, 2 in the minor ones. One of these spies is a diviner, one is a picklock, and one is a warrior who specializes with small weapons (or unarmed combat). He protects the other two. At least, that is how most of the 'ALF' spies work. Other groups have their own tactics, like sending in a forger, who gets himself into people's rooms through fake documents, one is a mage who practices conjuring and other flashy spells (which he uses to distract the crowd)and one is a performer. The performer and mage go together, but the forger acts separate from his compatriots. Essentially, it varies.
    And 'informing' members of the UNA would be fruitless. The Landfish tribes owe the Sovice heavily because they rebuilt their cities and brought them together, and Lockutas has been jealous for a while, by my reckoning. Ever since the Age of Dragons, it has been rather insignificant, not playing a part in the wars and everything taht's been going on. Now, it has a chance for greatness. Will it let is pass?
    And all the nations believe that the Sovices are peacebringers, while the ALF is being portrayed as warmongers.
    The ALF is only still around because it is well-protected. The Citadel is very powerful and nigh-impossible to penetrate, and the Schizians protect it well. The ALF is being careful to not put all its eggs in one basket. And don't forget that we've often described its battle as 'losing'.
    Whew, I'm done. That's gotta be the longest post I've ever done. Gods know how many typos are there.
    You DO know that there are a LOT of inns in the world. We may have spies in a few of them, but far, far, far from "Every", especially considering that you have each inn-cell include a spellcaster. I would say that having such a cell in 10% of the inns would be pushing it.

As you said above, the resistance is very unpopular, and the Sovoices have done a good job of hiding any evil schemes from the public eye. The Resistance is not a popular uprising, certainly not popular enough for it to have a caster, a lockpicking expert, and a skilled fighter in every inn on the planet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

10. - Top - End - #1450
    Troll in the Playground

I like the idea of maybe a single inn in a popular city being one of the Resistance's HQ.
    Last edited by T-O-E; 2008-12-28 at 01:58 PM.

11. - Top - End - #1451
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    I like the idea of maybe a single inn in a popular city being one of the Resistance's HQ.
    Like in every good story/movie.
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

12. - Top - End - #1452
    Troll in the Playground

Does anybody have a good picture of the basic UNA uniform? I can't find Tiff's example.
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #1453
    Banned

That probably wouldn't work, as the Sovices probably have many spies and would work out where the 'HQ' is.
    Mad Mask, you're right. How about we build off Troll's idea and only every few inns (at least one in every major city)has one of those groups. However, due to the shortage of people, they often have to make do with only a small fraction of those groups. So only the really important inns would have a full set.

14. - Top - End - #1454
    Troll in the Playground

That probably wouldn't work, as the Sovices probably have many spies and would work out where the 'HQ' is.
    Mad Mask, you're right. How about we build off Troll's idea and only every few inns (at least one in every major city)has one of those groups. However, due to the shortage of people, they often have to make do with only a small fraction of those groups. So only the really important inns would have a full set.
    My idea? I was just adapting Keveak's to make it more plausible.

Also, the Resistance has epic mages. They can block scrying and detect spies.
    Last edited by T-O-E; 2008-12-28 at 02:23 PM.

15. - Top - End - #1455
    Banned

My idea? I was just adapting Keveak's to make it more plausible.

Also, the Resistance has epic mages. They can block scrying.
    Yes, and I'm sure that they'd have all their anti-scrying spells up on every single inn.

16. - Top - End - #1456
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_Q View Post
    Does anybody have a good picture of the basic UNA uniform? I can't find Tiff's example.
    The Uniform isn't really defined, Tiff's character is a UNA peacekeeper, and the only real requirement for them is a blue helmet and a Sovice symbol somewhere.

Lyle also wears a uniform, but as he works for the UNIA, his is also more of a guideline.

17. - Top - End - #1457
    Troll in the Playground

Yes, and I'm sure that they'd have all their anti-scrying spells up on every single inn.
    Every single inn? I was only talking about a few.

18. - Top - End - #1458
    Banned

Every single inn? I was only talking about a few.
    Exactly. But how would the UNA know what inns to put up their anti-scrying spells? I'm pretty sure that the ALF would be quick with their own spells, to prevent the UNA from using magical means to determine such. You forget that for all the ALF's faults, they have more powerful magic.
    Last edited by The Gremlin; 2008-12-28 at 02:30 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1459
    Firbolg in the Playground

Kobold

Putting anti-scrying spells on inns is not really a good idea. It would be a better idea to have an anti-scrying tower in every major city that blocks scrying in the town altogether.
    **** Photobucket ; RIP avatars

20. - Top - End - #1460
    Troll in the Playground

Here's another character bio for Future Imperfect.

Nath Bortak
    Spoiler
    Show

Important: you don't HAVE to draw him like this if it's too hard for you.

Race: Gargoyle
    Age: 96 years old (although he has dropped hints that he might have gotten older because of time travel paradoxs)
    Backstory: Origanally from Distantous, was was the King of the Gargoyles and served under an evil overlord known as the Darkness-wanderer. He lost his memory, king status and army and became the hero of profecy to stop Vert Doom. After Vert Doom destoryed his home planet, he moved to Avbaroy and stopped him there. (More detail in my Backstory comics).

Now Bortak is working for United Nations of Avbaroy. He is known as "The TanK" because of his HUGE amount of physical strength and use of big weapons. He has been put into a specialized unit to harness his strength. He is too big for the uniform, but is allowed to wear a bandana instead.
    Last edited by Green-Shirt Q; 2008-12-28 at 02:38 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

21. - Top - End - #1461

Or we could just use Cloister. Considering we have lots of powerful mages it wouldn't be a problem.

22. - Top - End - #1462
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Isn't his camouflage jacket completely redundant?

Important: you don't HAVE to draw him like this if it's too hard for you.
    I note you didn't.

23. - Top - End - #1463
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by bayar View Post
    Putting anti-scrying spells on inns is not really a good idea. It would be a better idea to have an anti-scrying tower in every major city that blocks scrying in the town altogether.
    Bad idea. That would attract to much suspicion when the townspeople (who are sided with the UNA) discover the tower. The UNA doesn't use much scrying, preferring telescreens or mobiles surveillance machines.

V: Now that's just plain stupid.

Lying needs to hurry with the new discussion thread.
    Calm down, Megadoomer. Posts like this are unnecessary.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2008-12-28 at 02:50 PM.

24. - Top - End - #1464
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Keris Rain View Post
    Isn't his camouflage jacket completely redundant?
    You'd be surprised how important that camoflauge actually is.
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #1465
    Troll in the Playground

You'd be surprised how important that camoflauge actually is.
    What's with the wink?
    ____

26. - Top - End - #1466

Lying needs to hurry with the new discussion thread.

27. - Top - End - #1467
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonAngel View Post
    What's with the wink?
    It's to inflict wild imagination.
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #1468
    Halfling in the Playground

What's with the inn thing, anyway? I mean, I'd rather spies put spies in the nearest company of UNA members rulers than send them to inn - even considering ABR world is based on DnD.

Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin
    And 'informing' members of the UNA would be fruitless. The Landfish tribes owe the Sovice heavily because they rebuilt their cities and brought them together, and Lockutas has been jealous for a while, by my reckoning. Ever since the Age of Dragons, it has been rather insignificant, not playing a part in the wars and everything taht's been going on. Now, it has a chance for greatness. Will it let is pass?
    And all the nations believe that the Sovices are peacebringers, while the ALF is being portrayed as warmongers.
    Yes, I see your point. But how about informing single people, rather than entire nations? Like, I don't know, wise and quite powerful members of royal family etc. Doing little propaganda every day - and not by denying positive aspects of Sovice achievements, but by helping UNAs in seeing bigger picture. I bet there are many good people on the side of UNA whom we coudl get for our case - and that should be our main goal, not pointless fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Keris
    IIRC, the keys each corresponded to a member of the Order of the Driving Lance, who destroyed Sildyu. They sealed the Talisman away and each took one of the keys for safekeeping.
    Indeed. I just thought that the colour of keys didn't have any particulary meanings, so I've been wondering if I could assume in backstory of my character they were created in the colours of dragon generals of Sildyu. I don't know, as a some kind symbol or reminder.

29. - Top - End - #1469
    Ogre in the Playground

What's with the inn thing, anyway? I mean, I'd rather spies put spies in the nearest company of UNA members rulers than send them to inn - even considering ABR world is based on DnD.
    I agree.

Yes, I see your point. But how about informing single people, rather than entire nations? Like, I don't know, wise and quite powerful members of royal family etc. Doing little propaganda every day - and not by denying positive aspects of Sovice achievements, but by helping UNAs in seeing bigger picture. I bet there are many good people on the side of UNA whom we coudl get for our case - and that should be our main goal, not pointless fighting.
    In my opinion, that would take a very long time. The standards of living are very low in the Resistance compared to the UNA. And I think many of them won't care about the goals of the Sovice, as long as they live in the material equivalent of Heaven. If someone asked you to be a terrorist and said that the government had "ulterior motives", I think you would say he's a wacky conspiracy theorist.
    Last edited by Mad Mask; 2008-12-28 at 03:14 PM.

30. - Top - End - #1470
    Banned

Or we could just use Cloister. Considering we have lots of powerful mages it wouldn't be a problem.
    Lost of powerful mages? Who? The ALF has more high-level mages, actually.
    EDIT: I don't know what's with the bars. I was just building off Kev's ideas.
    Last edited by The Gremlin; 2008-12-28 at 03:10 PM.