New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 41 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: The Hayle Region (IC)

Quote Originally Posted by Arcran View Post
    Marcus watches as Quicksilver and Gelver both get absolutely leveled by the Dugrio's attack, the Trainer's blood running cold as his two apparently strongest Pokemon go down without even putting up a fight.

"Comiter!" Marcus cries, flinging out his Cubone as he returns his two Pokemon. "Keep it busy, alright?" he says awkwardly, reaching for an empty Pokeball. While it was only a temporary fix, maybe he could catch the Dugtrio? He didn't know if even Comiter could handle the strength of the Dugtrio's Magnitude.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Marcus returns Gelver and Quicksilver!
    Marcus releases Comiter! Dugtrio is faster

Marcus: 34/57 HP, 5/5 AP,
    Comiter: 20/53 HP, 16 Defense, 5 Special Defense, 14 Speed
    +1 Attack, Focused (+1 Accuracy, +2 Skills), Brutal (+1 Critical Hit Range, +1 Effect Range), 1 Injury
    Gelver: -13/62 HP, 5 Defense, 4 Special Defense, 18 Speed
    +1 Special Attack, Focused (+1 Accuracy, +2 Skills), Brutal (+1 Critical Hit Range, +1 Effect Range), 3 Injuries
    Quicksilver: -14/50 HP, 6 Defense, 6 Special Defense, 20 Speed, 3 Injuries
    The three pokemon stared deep at Comiter and let out a low, rumbling growl.

Spoiler
    Show
    Growl! AC 2 (1d20)[1]
    Lowers Atk 1 CS upon hit
    Many thanks to Ceika for the wonderful avatar.

Aatos My medieval pokemon setting.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

Johto: Guardians of Legends as Julius Varro

World at War (PTA) as Francis May

GM of Exploring Aatos a Medieval PTA game.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Prehysterical View Post
    Angus grits his teeth, trying to hold back the bile that suddenly rises at the sight of the false combat being perpetrated in the ring. It represented everything wrong with the way mankind had come to treat its Pokemon neighbors and completely defied the purpose of the temple's sanctity. From the looks of it, money had been wagered on the winner. "Is nothing sacred in this city," he mutters quietly.

He wanders over to one of the unoccupied work stations that carries the more traditional forging tools. Angus picks up a hammer and looks down to Gauntlet. "The sooner we're out of here, the better." It is not long before Angus is pounding out a spear-head and settling himself into a familiar rhythm. At that moment, he was not in a false temple in Central, but back at Castle Zahaard as an apprentice craftsman. Home seems so far away right now...
    Before you'd even gotten your first hit in, a woman with her hair tied back with a bandana stopped you. She had come over as the crowd had dispersed. And just what do you think you're doing mister?/ she said. You can't just pick up somebody else's tools and materials and start using them. It's pretty laid back around here to be sure, but people usually at least ask me before they pick up my stuff. Who are you anyways? I haven't seen you around before.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

3. - Top - End - #753
    Firbolg in the Playground

"My name is Angus," Angus replies back with restrained annoyance. "And last I heard, nothing in a Temple of Regigigas belonged to anyone other than the Father of Golems. Its tools are for all to use and I didn't see a single pair of productive hands when I walked in during that... that mockery of a duel. As for the materials, I'm not going to take from the temple without giving something back. I'd be happy to pay a tithe to the temple in exchange for the metal and use of the tools." Back in Zahaard, even though creating arms and armor was considered holy to the temple, it was customary for the forger to pay a percentage of the cost to support the temple. Angus sets the hammer down before crossing his arms. "And now that I've given my name, I'll have yours, miss." For a Pokemon that is made of living metal, Gladia somehow manages to give the impression of a weary sigh as Angus stands his ground on soil he knows nothing of.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Titan in the Playground

Comiter, fortunately, has faced far worse than a rumbling Dugtrio and ignores the growl entirely.

"Comiter! Take him down with a Headbutt!" Marcus cries, fumbling in his pack for a Pokeball as Comiter dashes forward, slamming his bony head into the opponent.

Show

+1 Attack, Focused (+1 Accuracy, +2 Skills), Brutal (+1 Critical Hit Range, +1 Effect Range), 1 Injury
    +1 Special Attack, Focused (+1 Accuracy, +2 Skills), Brutal (+1 Critical Hit Range, +1 Effect Range), 3 Injuries

Marcus uses Focused Training!

Comiter uses Headbutt!
    AC 2: (1d20+2)[18], Critical 19+
    Damage: (2d6+22)[25]
    Critical: (2d6+10)[19]
    Props to Ceika for the new and improved avatar!

Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by IrnBruAddict
    Yeah, but Arcran is the GM. Can we be sure of anything?
    I always picture Arc as LE, with CE tendancies
    Quote Originally Posted by Espirit15
    Arc is a good GM. Evil, but a good GM

5. - Top - End - #755
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Spoiler: Battle Info
    Show
    Dominic - Health: 61/61; Initiative: 10; Evasions: ATK 1 SATK 1 ANY 2; Injuries: 0
    Arlo - Health: 31/57; Intiative: 2; Evasions: ATK 3+1 SATK 2+1 ANY 0+1; Injuries: 0
    Deadshot - Health: 53/53; Intiative: 6; Evasions: ATK 1+1 SATK 1+1 ANY 1+1; Injuries: 0 - Kidnapped
    Galen - Health: 49/49; Intiative: 14; Evasions: ATK 3+1 SATK 0+1 ANY 2+1; Injuries: 0

Buffs/Debuffs:
    Arlo:
    -Focused Training: +1 to Accuracy, +2 to Skill Checks
    -Inspired Training: +1 to Evasion, +2 to Save Checks
    -Trained: +1 Attack Combat Stage

-Tickled: -1 Attack and Defense Combat Stages

-Momentum (Start of Dominic's Turn): 5

Dominic is startled by the sudden teleport of the Kadabra, but Arlo doesn't miss a beat, somehow sensing where it had gone and spinning around to face it, curled up as he was. "Arlo! Hit it with Magnitude! Show her that she can't get away with being a villain!"

Spoiler: Actions, Turn 6
    Show
    Dominic
    Standard: Expend Momentum 2: Spend 2 Momentum. Your Pokémon automatically rolls an 11 on one d20 Roll of your choice on their next turn.

Arlo
    Standard: Use Magnitude

Magnitude
    Attack vs AC 2: Auto 11, +1 from Focused Training , +1 from Momentum
    Damage: (4d10+24)[52] Physical Bug (DB 13: 4d10+10, +14 Attack)
    If Crit: (4d10+10)[37]

Shift: None

Gain 1 Momentum at end of turn, Plus 1 Momentum if Magnitude hits

6. - Top - End - #756
    Ettin in the Playground

"My name is Angus," Angus replies back with restrained annoyance. "And last I heard, nothing in a Temple of Regigigas belonged to anyone other than the Father of Golems. Its tools are for all to use and I didn't see a single pair of productive hands when I walked in during that... that mockery of a duel. As for the materials, I'm not going to take from the temple without giving something back. I'd be happy to pay a tithe to the temple in exchange for the metal and use of the tools." Back in Zahaard, even though creating arms and armor was considered holy to the temple, it was customary for the forger to pay a percentage of the cost to support the temple. Angus sets the hammer down before crossing his arms. "And now that I've given my name, I'll have yours, miss." For a Pokemon that is made of living metal, Gladia somehow manages to give the impression of a weary sigh as Angus stands his ground on soil he knows nothing of.
    The name's Kira the woman said, leaning on the anvil with both of her hands I'm one of the folks who actually works here, while most of these bozos just come to see the Pokebots duke it out once a week. Her tone became a little more serious now, and the smile turned into an assessing gaze.

I'm just going to assume from your clothing that you're from Zahaard, and one who follows Regigias. We sometimes get people like you around here, although one hasn't come around in years. It's important that you learn that things are ... well, different, outside of Zahaard. Even the temples, like this one, have a different set of rules than you might be used to. Zahaard's religious practices are much more conservative than most of the region. Heck a lot of people in Central aren't even religious.

Anyways, this place is just as much a factory for Varro as it is a temple to Regigigas. We all own our own tools, or are renting them from the company. We consider ourselves as the next generation of golembuilders. In the old days people used to craft Golett. Now we make Pokebots. It's our own unique kind of worship.

Kira pushes her hair out of her face and ties it back in a ponytail. Sorry if that got a bit too lectury, but I've found its easier to assume that northerners don't have much knowledge about our customs. Its easier to just say things plain out than to beat around the bush. Anyways, we have some communal tools that you can use. In the future, just grab somebody in a temple and ask. The last thing you want to do is offend a forger with a bad temper. Things can turn nasty if the Factory District pretty quickly if you aren't careful, and we're more used to dealing with Zahaardians than most..

She lead you to an anvil and set of basic forging tools that you could use. She also pointed to a little shop in the corner where you could purchase the metal needed for the forging. After answering any of your questions, she returned to her own station. Let me know if you're ever interested in making pokebots she said as she walked off. There's a lot of money in it these days.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2015-11-09 at 10:50 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #757
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jacior View Post
    Spoiler: Battle Info
    Show
    Dominic - Health: 61/61; Initiative: 10; Evasions: ATK 1 SATK 1 ANY 2; Injuries: 0
    Arlo - Health: 31/57; Intiative: 2; Evasions: ATK 3+1 SATK 2+1 ANY 0+1; Injuries: 0
    Deadshot - Health: 53/53; Intiative: 6; Evasions: ATK 1+1 SATK 1+1 ANY 1+1; Injuries: 0 - Kidnapped
    Galen - Health: 49/49; Intiative: 14; Evasions: ATK 3+1 SATK 0+1 ANY 2+1; Injuries: 0

Buffs/Debuffs:
    Arlo:
    -Focused Training: +1 to Accuracy, +2 to Skill Checks
    -Inspired Training: +1 to Evasion, +2 to Save Checks
    -Trained: +1 Attack Combat Stage

-Tickled: -1 Attack and Defense Combat Stages

-Momentum (Start of Dominic's Turn): 5

Dominic is startled by the sudden teleport of the Kadabra, but Arlo doesn't miss a beat, somehow sensing where it had gone and spinning around to face it, curled up as he was. "Arlo! Hit it with Magnitude! Show her that she can't get away with being a villain!"

Spoiler: Actions, Turn 6
    Show
    Dominic
    Standard: Expend Momentum 2: Spend 2 Momentum. Your Pokémon automatically rolls an 11 on one d20 Roll of your choice on their next turn.

Arlo
    Standard: Use Magnitude

Magnitude
    Attack vs AC 2: Auto 11, +1 from Focused Training , +1 from Momentum
    Damage: [roll0] Physical Bug (DB 13: 4d10+10, +14 Attack)
    If Crit: [roll1]

Shift: None

Gain 1 Momentum at end of turn, Plus 1 Momentum if Magnitude hits
    The girl looked shocked, but she returned her Kadabra with a defeated look on her face. Fine, she said If you want the pokemon so badly, take it. She threw the pokeball into the river, and started to dash in the opposite direction, back towards Hidden Oasis, not even pausing to pick up her pack as she fled.

Spoiler
    Show
    If you want to chase her, I'll be asking for opposed athletics checks.
    45 exp, 2 Trainer Exp

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

8. - Top - End - #758
    Ettin in the Playground

Comiter, fortunately, has faced far worse than a rumbling Dugtrio and ignores the growl entirely.

"Comiter! Take him down with a Headbutt!" Marcus cries, fumbling in his pack for a Pokeball as Comiter dashes forward, slamming his bony head into the opponent.

Show

Marcus uses Focused Training!

Comiter uses Headbutt!
    AC 2: [roll0], Critical 19+
    Damage: [roll1]
    Critical: [roll2]
    Comiter's contact with the Dugtrio left quite a large bruise on the creature, and it hissed angrily at the Cubone. It must have decided, however, that flight was the better option, as it quickly crashed through one of the stone walls, tunneling away into the underdark. After minutes had passed, you heard a wavering voice call out from behind the barricade of machinery and metal slats.

Is that thing gone? Is it safe to come out?

Spoiler
    Show
    115 Exp, 3 Trainer Exp

You can throw pokeballs and take AOOs if you'd like

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

9. - Top - End - #759

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicOccurence View Post
    The name's Kira the woman said, leaning on the anvil with both of her hands I'm one of the folks who actually works here, while most of these bozos just come to see the Pokebots duke it out once a week. Her tone became a little more serious now, and the smile turned into an assessing gaze.

I'm just going to assume from your clothing that you're from Zahaard, and one who follows Regigias. We sometimes get people like you around here, although one hasn't come around in years. It's important that you learn that things are ... well, different, outside of Zahaard. Even the temples, like this one, have a different set of rules than you might be used to. Zahaard's religious practices are much more conservative than most of the region. Heck a lot of people in Central aren't even religious.

Anyways, this place is just as much a factory for Varro as it is a temple to Regigigas. We all own our own tools, or are renting them from the company. We consider ourselves as the next generation of golembuilders. In the old days people used to craft Golett. Now we make Pokebots. It's our own unique kind of worship.

Kira pushes her hair out of her face and ties it back in a ponytail. Sorry if that got a bit too lectury, but I've found its easier to assume that northerners don't have much knowledge about our customs. Its easier to just say things plain out than to beat around the bush. Anyways, we have some communal tools that you can use. In the future, just grab somebody in a temple and ask. The last thing you want to do is offend a forger with a bad temper. Things can turn nasty if the Factory District pretty quickly if you aren't careful, and we're more used to dealing with Zahaardians than most..

She lead you to an anvil and set of basic forging tools that you could use. She also pointed to a little shop in the corner where you could purchase the metal needed for the forging. After answering any of your questions, she returned to her own station. Let me know if you're ever interested in making pokebots she said as she walked off. There's a lot of money in it these days.
    Kira leaves Angus with a conflicting set of emotions. On the one hand, her talk of creating golems in the name of worship went against the grain of every story he had ever been told about mankind trying to usurp Regigigas's position as Golem-maker. On the other hand, Angus finds her forwardness very refreshing. As she walks back to her station, Angus quietly thanks her. Making robots for Varro... Darkrai haunt my soul if it comes to that.

After procuring the necessary materials from the shop, Angus sets himself to work at the anvil. As he swings his hammer, Kira's words echo in his mind. Between hammer blows, Angus asks Gauntlet, "Do you remember the humans that created you, Gauntlet? How much do you remember at all?"
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Between the spear (simple weapon) and light armor, Angus will have paid 5000 Arbitrary Currency Units for the materials.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Ettin in the Playground

Kira leaves Angus with a conflicting set of emotions. On the one hand, her talk of creating golems in the name of worship went against the grain of every story he had ever been told about mankind trying to usurp Regigigas's position as Golem-maker. On the other hand, Angus finds her forwardness very refreshing. As she walks back to her station, Angus quietly thanks her. Making robots for Varro... Darkrai haunt my soul if it comes to that.

After procuring the necessary materials from the shop, Angus sets himself to work at the anvil. As he swings his hammer, Kira's words echo in his mind. Between hammer blows, Angus asks Gauntlet, "Do you remember the humans that created you, Gauntlet? How much do you remember at all?"
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Between the spear (simple weapon) and light armor, Angus will have paid 5000 Arbitrary Currency Units for the materials.
    As you forged, Gauntlet was silent for several moments. Eventually he turned his face towards you and spoke in his own slow, solemn, way. I don't know exactly what I'm allowed to tell you, but I can tell you that I was not made by the hands of man. I come from a place where men's power holds no sway. I come from the Creator's hands.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

11. - Top - End - #761

Angus stops momentarily as Gauntlet's words sink in. "Wow... You are the genuine article, aren't you? I suppose that explains a few things." Angus's tone is full of admiration. However, he chooses not to pry further. "What he is allowed to tell"... I suppose He still hasn't forgiven us for our slight. He shrugs noncommittally before getting back to his work.

12. - Top - End - #762
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Dominic looks torn for a moment between chasing her down and going for the pokeball, but concern for the pokeball wins out. He wades into the river, still only in his boxers and retrieves the ball, Arlo looking on from the bank. Assuming nothing goes wrong he grabs the pokeball and wades back to shore, throwing himself on the bank. He lays there for a minute before Arlo walks over and flops down on top of him. "I can't believe we actually beat her... I can't believe she tried to steal my pokemon! Arlo, what's going on here?" The sandshrew just huffs and climbs onto the youth's back. "She was going to give him to a Rook... Does that mean she planned this? Or did she hear me talking about him at the campfire?" He keeps laying there on the sand, feeling Arlo laying on top of him.

After letting his heart stop racing, he finally decides to get up. Rolling first to the side to shake off the sandshrew and then climbing up and brushing as much of the sand off as he could. "Let's get back to the camp before anyone notices... No need to worry people when we took care of it right?" He grins at the sandshrew who gives him a tiny thumbs up. Dominic and Arlo try to sneak back into camp without waking anyone up.

Spoiler: Stealth
    Show
    Dominic: (2d6)[8]
    Arlo: (3d6+1)[17]

13. - Top - End - #763
    Titan in the Playground

Even as the Dugtrio fled, Comiter went for one last strike with his club even as Marcus flung a Pokeball at the fleeing Pokemon.

At the sound, Marcus turns towards the source, trying to spot the speaker.

"I think it's gone for now," Marcus says, trying to keep his voice from wavering. Seeing two of his Pokemon taken down so easily wasn't exactly a pleasant experience. "I cleared the way from the little ones; if we hurry, we can get you out before anything comes back," Marcus states, still scanning the area as he reaches towards his pack for a Potion, only to realize he was completely out.

Show
    Attack of Opportunity!
    AC 4: (1d20+1)[11]
    Damage: (1d8+18)[23]

Pokeball!
    AC 6: (1d20)[13]
    Capture Roll: (1d100-3)[16]

Show

14. - Top - End - #764
    Ettin in the Playground

Angus stops momentarily as Gauntlet's words sink in. "Wow... You are the genuine article, aren't you? I suppose that explains a few things." Angus's tone is full of admiration. However, he chooses not to pry further. "What he is allowed to tell"... I suppose He still hasn't forgiven us for our slight. He shrugs noncommittally before getting back to his work.
    It took you the rest of the day to finish the weapon and armor. You could make it back to the Pokemon Center that you were originally at if you wanted to roll in late at night. However, Kira pointed also pointed you to several other pokemon centers, mostly in the Factory District. These were much closer, but in a different part of town than you spent last night in.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #765
    Ettin in the Playground

Dominic looks torn for a moment between chasing her down and going for the pokeball, but concern for the pokeball wins out. He wades into the river, still only in his boxers and retrieves the ball, Arlo looking on from the bank. Assuming nothing goes wrong he grabs the pokeball and wades back to shore, throwing himself on the bank. He lays there for a minute before Arlo walks over and flops down on top of him. "I can't believe we actually beat her... I can't believe she tried to steal my pokemon! Arlo, what's going on here?" The sandshrew just huffs and climbs onto the youth's back. "She was going to give him to a Rook... Does that mean she planned this? Or did she hear me talking about him at the campfire?" He keeps laying there on the sand, feeling Arlo laying on top of him.

After letting his heart stop racing, he finally decides to get up. Rolling first to the side to shake off the sandshrew and then climbing up and brushing as much of the sand off as he could. "Let's get back to the camp before anyone notices... No need to worry people when we took care of it right?" He grins at the sandshrew who gives him a tiny thumbs up. Dominic and Arlo try to sneak back into camp without waking anyone up.

Spoiler: Stealth
    Show
    Dominic: [roll0]
    Arlo: [roll1]
    You lost Arlo in the dark for a bit while you were headed back to camp, but thankfully everyone seemed to be sound asleep. Arlo quickly found you gain, carrying $5,000 in cash and a folded letter. They must have been from the Pawn's pack that she left behind.

Spoiler
    Show
    If you open the letter

Quote Originally Posted by The Letter
    Kriss,

There is a traveler who will be leaving for Central named Dominic that is of interest to Jamba. Follow him, and report anything unusual to me via your pokegear. If you see a chance, steal the Cacnea that he recently obtained and bring it to me in Central. Meet me at my safehouse in the Factory District on the 17th if you obtain the goods.

Glass
    The note was marked with a seal of a chess piece, the black queen piece in particular. And, if you remembered correctly, the 17th was two days after you were scheduled to arrive in Central.
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2015-11-15 at 12:58 AM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

16. - Top - End - #766
    Ettin in the Playground

Even as the Dugtrio fled, Comiter went for one last strike with his club even as Marcus flung a Pokeball at the fleeing Pokemon.

At the sound, Marcus turns towards the source, trying to spot the speaker.

"I think it's gone for now," Marcus says, trying to keep his voice from wavering. Seeing two of his Pokemon taken down so easily wasn't exactly a pleasant experience. "I cleared the way from the little ones; if we hurry, we can get you out before anything comes back," Marcus states, still scanning the area as he reaches towards his pack for a Potion, only to realize he was completely out.

Show
    Attack of Opportunity!
    AC 4: [roll0]
    Damage: [roll1]

Pokeball!
    AC 6: [roll2]
    Capture Roll: [roll3]
    You pokeball slammed into the Dugtrio just as it was disappearing underground, but somehow it managed to capture the creature. When you picked up the pokeball, you noticed that the giant drill that the mine used had cut through what looked like several nests and tunnels which patterned the wall and roof of the mine tunnel. It wasn't surprising that the pokemon had attacked.

When you returned your attention to the miners, you noticed several climbing out from over the barricade, some injured, and some healthy. Thank you one said We aren't trainers, so there was no way we could escape if the wild pokemon reacted to our mining. Varro said they would have security near enough to come if they were trouble, but I never thought they would outsource it to trainers instead of hiring people. Thank you so much for your help. If someone hadn't been near enough to take the call, we could have all died

Spoiler
    Show
    Lv 33 Dugtrio, Proud, Arena Trap, Polycephaly

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #767

It took you the rest of the day to finish the weapon and armor. You could make it back to the Pokemon Center that you were originally at if you wanted to roll in late at night. However, Kira pointed also pointed you to several other pokemon centers, mostly in the Factory District. These were much closer, but in a different part of town than you spent last night in.
    Sliding on the gauntlets of his new armor, Angus takes a brief while to ensure that it fits his frame properly. Made of leather topped with metal plates at strategic points, it's designed more for function than to impress. The spear, however... He takes the time to add a subtle touch to the weapon's head. A spiraling line is carved into the weapon's head, giving the weapon the appearance of a Rapidash's horn. If Angus was a better wood-carver, he might have been able to make a stylized version of the beast further down the shaft.

Angus thanks Kira for her help in finding a place to stay. Satisfied by the fruit of his labors, Angus offers a brief prayer to Regigigas before making his way to the closest Pokemon Center in the area. Even back home in Zahaard, walking the streets along at night was a bad idea. Here, in a city of strangers and known thieves... Far better to be safe than sorry.

18. - Top - End - #768
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Dominic feels a little dumb for not grabbing the pack, but seems more than happy that Arlo was competent enough for the both of them. He looks at the money with wide eyes. "This is so much! We'd be set for weeks! But... we can't keep it can we? We have to give it to the police or something right?" The sandrshrew just looks at him, not really getting the moral dilemma. Crawling back into the tent, he turns on the light on his pokegear and reads the note.

"Wait... Jamba is interested in me? Why? Cause I caught Deadshot? Who's Glass? What's going on?!" He tries to keep his frustration to loud whispers but the last part is said out loud. Sitting and rereading the letter a couple times he sighs and flops back on the floor of the tent, Arlo laying half on him. "You know, I always thought my journey would be exciting... I just... didn't think it'd be like this!" Laying on the tent he eventually just drifts off back to sleep, still holding the pokeball.

19. - Top - End - #769
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Spoiler: Last time on Hayle Region(Adam)
    Show

After a restful nights sleep our intrepid hero set forth to aid the local smiths by obtaining several buckets of wate for a grand reward of 250 poke a piece. Along the way he came across another trainer fresh from the gym named Nile, and after bonding over their shared dreams of becoming Rangers swore to meet on the field of battle to test their mettle before the boy formally left his hometown on his journey.

Alas, not all went well for Adam and Thistle as they were nearly the unwitting prey of one of the river's deadliest predators; but thankfully they were saved by the timely warning of a ralts. A young soul curious about the world and the life on the road alongside a trainer; deciding to through his lot in with the boy and his chespin, and soon gained his own pokeball.

After a brief interlude by the witch of the forest flying through with a veritable storm of murkrow, we return to see how the meeting between our young heroes unfolds.

The pokemon seemed confused by your question but tried to answer it anyway. I am me? And I talk to you now. It struggled, its grasp of the English language clearly not as good as it would like to be, but it didn't seem to have any problems going with you, nor any ideas about what it would be called on its own.
    "Okay, then would it be alright for me to give you a name to call you by in my language? A gift from me to you, to show others that we're a pack?" Adam offered, trying his best to explain a tradition that was as simple as it was profound.
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

Hug me, you know you want to.

20. - Top - End - #770
    Titan in the Playground

Marcus picks up the Dugtrio's Pokeball, a slightly awestruck expression on his face. This was a Pokemon more than twice the level of anything he owned at the moment, and he was somehow supposed to get it to listen to him? That was going to be a tough prospect.

"Wait, they were just going to leave you here unless a Trainer happen to come by? How the hell can they get away with that?" Marcus says with an incredulous expression. "That doesn't seem right," he adds before finding one of the more injured miners and helping him. "Is this everybody? Or are there still people down there?"

Show

21. - Top - End - #771
    Ettin in the Playground

Sliding on the gauntlets of his new armor, Angus takes a brief while to ensure that it fits his frame properly. Made of leather topped with metal plates at strategic points, it's designed more for function than to impress. The spear, however... He takes the time to add a subtle touch to the weapon's head. A spiraling line is carved into the weapon's head, giving the weapon the appearance of a Rapidash's horn. If Angus was a better wood-carver, he might have been able to make a stylized version of the beast further down the shaft.

Angus thanks Kira for her help in finding a place to stay. Satisfied by the fruit of his labors, Angus offers a brief prayer to Regigigas before making his way to the closest Pokemon Center in the area. Even back home in Zahaard, walking the streets along at night was a bad idea. Here, in a city of strangers and known thieves... Far better to be safe than sorry.
    This Factory District Pokecenter was very different than the previous one you stayed in. It was mostly barren, the chairs a sterile white plastic. No plants graced the counters, and the shutters on the windows were closed. A single nurse manned the desk, and there were locks on every door. Only one other person was present, a man in a suit and hat carrying a large leather briefcase who left as soon as you entered. The only decoration was a map of the city with the local gym highlighted, sitting on the edge of the Varro district. The face of the leader, named Teller apparently, flaunted what appeared to be a single robotic eye which mismatched spectacularly with his other, human, eye.

Assuming you didn't have any pressing business with the nurses, she showed you to your room. It was, if at all possible, even more barren than your previous one. The bed was metal, the mattress thin. While this was a place of healing, it was most certainly not a place of joy.

Spoiler
    Show
    If you want to do stuff here that's fine, if not, feel free to timeskip to the next day

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #772
    Ettin in the Playground

Dominic feels a little dumb for not grabbing the pack, but seems more than happy that Arlo was competent enough for the both of them. He looks at the money with wide eyes. "This is so much! We'd be set for weeks! But... we can't keep it can we? We have to give it to the police or something right?" The sandrshrew just looks at him, not really getting the moral dilemma. Crawling back into the tent, he turns on the light on his pokegear and reads the note.

"Wait... Jamba is interested in me? Why? Cause I caught Deadshot? Who's Glass? What's going on?!" He tries to keep his frustration to loud whispers but the last part is said out loud. Sitting and rereading the letter a couple times he sighs and flops back on the floor of the tent, Arlo laying half on him. "You know, I always thought my journey would be exciting... I just... didn't think it'd be like this!" Laying on the tent he eventually just drifts off back to sleep, still holding the pokeball.
    You finished the night by sleeping peacefully, although you didn't get as much rest as you'd have liked due to the midnight escapades. In the morning you saw a few of the mercenaries huddled together and caught the words 'missing civilian,' 'signs of a fight' and 'she had pokemon'. A small group went out to look for what they thought was a civilian with illegal pokeon (unless you enlightened them to the fact she was from Jamba), but otherwise the trip left as normal.

Spoiler
    Show
    If you'd like to do anything on the trip, let me know/rp now or forever hold your peace. If not, describe the rest of the trip on your end, do training/exp stuff, and I'll timeskip us to Central
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2015-11-18 at 01:52 PM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #773
    Ettin in the Playground

Marcus picks up the Dugtrio's Pokeball, a slightly awestruck expression on his face. This was a Pokemon more than twice the level of anything he owned at the moment, and he was somehow supposed to get it to listen to him? That was going to be a tough prospect.

"Wait, they were just going to leave you here unless a Trainer happen to come by? How the hell can they get away with that?" Marcus says with an incredulous expression. "That doesn't seem right," he adds before finding one of the more injured miners and helping him. "Is this everybody? Or are there still people down there?"
    The men shrugged dejectedly. They're Varro. They're supported by the league and don't have any competition. They can pretty much do what they want. The others nodded in agreement. Thankfully however, you managed to get everybody out safely, and the miner who initially found you contacted Varro via your pokegear and had the money transferred to your account. It was a big payout for such a supposedly low level job, but the miners said it was to avoid lawsuits.

One of them handed you and address and a note. I don't know if you'll ever need this, but my sister works as a detective on the Ranger circuit in Central. If you ever need help, a place to sleep, anything really, give her this note. It's the least I can do for you saving our lives and all. The other miners heartily agreed. The note listed an address for a Jacqueline Hammond in the second residential district of Central.

Spoiler
    Show
    If you want to do RP here with the miners or do other stuff on this trip, go for it. If not, I can timeskip us to Thousand Acres Ranch (that is where you're going right?)

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

24. - Top - End - #774
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Regalus View Post
    Spoiler: Last time on Hayle Region(Adam)
    Show

After a restful nights sleep our intrepid hero set forth to aid the local smiths by obtaining several buckets of wate for a grand reward of 250 poke a piece. Along the way he came across another trainer fresh from the gym named Nile, and after bonding over their shared dreams of becoming Rangers swore to meet on the field of battle to test their mettle before the boy formally left his hometown on his journey.

Alas, not all went well for Adam and Thistle as they were nearly the unwitting prey of one of the river's deadliest predators; but thankfully they were saved by the timely warning of a ralts. A young soul curious about the world and the life on the road alongside a trainer; deciding to through his lot in with the boy and his chespin, and soon gained his own pokeball.

After a brief interlude by the witch of the forest flying through with a veritable storm of murkrow, we return to see how the meeting between our young heroes unfolds.

"Okay, then would it be alright for me to give you a name to call you by in my language? A gift from me to you, to show others that we're a pack?" Adam offered, trying his best to explain a tradition that was as simple as it was profound.
    The Ralts nodded its head in agreement, but otherwise didn't respond to your question. You'd heard that psychic type pokemon got more humanlike as they evolved, so this Ralts' trouble may simply stem from its young age.

Spoiler
    Show
    Just as an FYI, you're on a sped up track to try and get you in line with the others timeline wise. You have my full permission to finish this interaction in your next post, finish your job and cash in the money, visit the center and heal your mons, do whatever shopping you need to, and then point me to any RP scenes you'd like/need to do before you head out for your first city.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

25. - Top - End - #775

This Factory District Pokecenter was very different than the previous one you stayed in. It was mostly barren, the chairs a sterile white plastic. No plants graced the counters, and the shutters on the windows were closed. A single nurse manned the desk, and there were locks on every door. Only one other person was present, a man in a suit and hat carrying a large leather briefcase who left as soon as you entered. The only decoration was a map of the city with the local gym highlighted, sitting on the edge of the Varro district. The face of the leader, named Teller apparently, flaunted what appeared to be a single robotic eye which mismatched spectacularly with his other, human, eye.

Assuming you didn't have any pressing business with the nurses, she showed you to your room. It was, if at all possible, even more barren than your previous one. The bed was metal, the mattress thin. While this was a place of healing, it was most certainly not a place of joy.

Spoiler
    Show
    If you want to do stuff here that's fine, if not, feel free to timeskip to the next day
    This place was everything that a Temple of Mew was not. It was a symbol of everything wrong with the way Varro approached things, even more so than the Temple of Regigigas or the metal contraptions that moved the city's denizens. He resolved to spend no more time here than absolutely necessary.

After thanking the nurse for her help, Angus locks the door to his room. Honesty was in short supply here, apparently. Briefly, Angus toys with the idea of releasing his newest Pokemon so that he can get some air and stretch his limbs. He realizes, however, that an environment such as this was a bad place for a Pokemon who still felt uncomfortable for his trainer. Since he figured that the Cranidos would be with him for some time, Angus had settled on a name for him after much deep thinking. The Pokemon's manner reminded Angus of an old tale about a knight with a fierce temper, who fought thirty other knights single-handed. Lamorak.

He puts the armor aside, unable to think of how much pain he would suffer if he slept on such a bed in armor. He leaves room for Gauntlet on the bed and places Gladia under his pillow, taking care not to cover her eye with the pillow. Angus eventually finds sleep, fitful as it is.

In the morning, he is up bright and early to leave. Donning his new armor and leaning the new spear on his shoulder, Angus makes his way back.
    Spoiler: Assuming nothing happens
    Show
    Angus boards the... "bus" and makes his way back to the original center. There, he spends time looking for Horan.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Titan in the Playground

"It was nothing," Marcus mutters, a little embarrassed by all the attention following his rescue. Either way, Marcus spends a little more time with the miners that night, more to make sure nothing else came out of the mines than anything, and also to give his team a chance to rest up a bit since half of them had been more than a little injured in the previous battle. The next morning (after a short bout of training) Marcus thanks the miner that handed him the note one last time before making his way on to Thousand Acres.

On the way, Marcus lets out both Gelver and Quicksilver, looking over the newly evolved Froakie with more than a little pride. Only this far in his journey and he was already getting his Pokemon to evolve? He was doing just fine so far.

"Good job buddy," he says, still a little awkward with the whole congratulating his Pokemon thing. "On evolving and all that. I'll help," he says, less than enthused for Gelver's reaction to his awkward praise before turning to Quicksilver.

"So now that we're no longer in a mine with evil Digletts everywhere, mind telling me what exactly you are?"

Show

27. - Top - End - #777
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Adam spends most the the trip back talking with the young ralts; both to teach him the ground rules he'd have to follow in towns as part of their little 'pack', as well as simply learning how to best handle the psychic pokemon. It was a rough learning curve to say the least, trying to find just how to properly communicate with a pokemon that was so eloquent; yet wasn't quite at the human level, almost like dealing with a preschoolers in some ways. He just hoped he learned fast enough to do a good job training him. By the time they'd reached the trio had settled on Milo for their newest members name, and had gone over the basics of battling and the sort of things they'd be doing together.

With cash in hand the boy made a quick stop at a pokemart, spending 2000 poke on assorted medicine and traveling goods in preparation for his journey tomorrow, before finally taking his pokemon to the Center; taking the opportunity to officially register Milo, and get both his mon a clean bill of health, before waiting for Niles at the front of the Pokemon Center just he'd promised.

Spoiler
    Show

Query: Do Flashlights fall under 'assorted camping goods we're assumed to have' or do I actually have to buy one/borrow one from my house?
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

Hug me, you know you want to.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Ettin in the Playground

Somewhere in the Hayle Region

The cavern was nearly pitch black, lit only by torches spaced equally around the walls. The crescent moon table was hewn out of the very floor that had been worked and flattened to look like smooth granite. Three figures sat in high backed chairs, each wearing an elaborate costume complete with masks and gloves that covered their entire body. One wore a dark green ruffled gown, her face covered in a golden mask and a swarm of tiny bug pokemon swarming her feet. Another had on full plate armor dyed crimson red with a massive broadsword hanging from the back of his chair, a silver horned mask and helmet covering his face. The third wore a shimmering golden dress, arm length gloves, and a mask whose colors wove and shimmered like a comet. In what would have been a fourth spot sat a computer, seemingly without a power source, whose background was a single blueberry.

Out of the shadows emerged two figures, similarly masked. The man wore a black doublet, hose, boots, gloves, and hat, a pitch black crying mask adorning his face. The woman wore a highly rigid corseted dress that bloomed out in a massive hoop around her feet. Her white mask laughed jovially. Both wore crowns on their heads, white for the queen, black for the king.

Immediately the other three stood, and did not seat themselves again until the royals sat in the inside curve of the crescent table. The flickering light accentuated each figure, casting eerie shadows around the empty table.

The Queen spoke first. It has come to my attention she said, her voice measured, that the Era of Convergence has come a full month before we planned. Her masked face turned to face King, who shifted uncomfortably under her inscrutable expression. After a moment of loaded silence, she continued. Djinni, how many have slipped through the cracks?

Most of them unfortunately the green-clad woman said, her dress shifting as bugs shifted underneath the fabric. Three of them had already passed the age of testing and were easily recruited when I offered them a starter. The Water Prime is especially promising I think. The rest of them had already passed their tests, most of them without a sweat, which meant that my plan to Ice Prime via rampaging Gyarados failed rather spectacularly I think. It was foiled by none other than the Ice Prime himself, though I doubt he knows what he is yet.

So long as we can track them, we can always find them later. Blueberry can help in that regard. The King said, his voice much lighter and higher than one would expect from an obvious leader in the group.

Not all of them are trackable, the man in crimson armor said. I almost had the Ground Prime, but Sauenn and Ironblade interfered, and he got away. Neither neither him nor the Dark Prime carry Pokegears, so Blueberry's useless. Those two follow the old ways at least, unlike the rest of the heathens in this region. It's time to purify the poison in this society, and it starts with Chronos and the Varro Corporation. I'd challenge him to single combat now if you'd let me.

We can't handle either of them at this point, and you certainly can't handle Chronos. King said. And stop acting like the world used to be perfect. Unlike you I was around when Chronos was a Prime, and trust me, the world wasn't all roses and fairies a thousand years ago like you want us to believe. This world does need change, but we need to control the Primes first. We can't waste this opportunity by being hasty. You will obey. His voice had gained a steely aspect to it, and it was clear that he would accept nothing but obedience. Pluto's head dipped in respect, and he remained silent.

Unlike Pluto, I have achieved some measure of success the computer interjected. It's voice was monotone and robotic, the product of artificial speech software. I have successfully killed the Electric Prime and taken his Cryptid into custody. It's successful acquisition by my subordinates means the timeline can be advanced in our movements against the Rangers. Data suggests that the Fire Prime seeks to join their ranks, so destroying them now might be pertinent.

I'm not concerned about the Rangers to be honest. The woman in gold said. A pack of ratatas could destabilize them. We could defeat them now if we wanted to, only a few would present a real threat. No, the real problems lie with the gym leaders. Until we defeat them, we can't get to Chronos. I'm currently having Glass track down the Grass and Poison Primes. Both of them are the children of gym leaders, so they can be used as leverage. The others murmured in surprise. Apparently this was news to them.

Good work Icarus. I'm trusting you to continue working to destabilize the leaders and elite four. You're right in that the Ranger's don't pose much of a threat. The Ironwalls are stronger at this point quite honestly, and we can purchase them without issue. Blueberry will continue tracking the pokegears of the primes that we know of. Pluto and Djinni, it's time to begin making a more public presence in the region. Begin moving the pieces into place. It's high time that Hayle has a Carnival and the world remembers what they owe Team Jamba, what they owe me..
    Last edited by CosmicOccurence; 2016-07-10 at 11:33 AM.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #779
    Troll in the Playground

Kobold

Dominic got fully dressed before coming out of the tent, yawning unusually loudly due to his disturbed sleep. Seeing the group talking about the girl from last night, he feels kind of guilty, but doesn't say anything. Whatever was going on with that girl, she was going to get hers one day. He didn't need to provoke it. It was enough to have beaten her and rescued Deadshot. Speaking of which... he needed to have a talk with the cacnea, but when there were less people around for sure.

That being said, there wasn't much really to go on about this early. Feeding his pokemon, training them, and taking whatever Arlo happened to find. The rest of the trip was, in his own changed opinion, blessedly quiet. Even Arlo seemed more mellowed out by what had happened and Dominic didn't tell Deadshot that he'd almost been poke-napped.

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't know how many days are left, so... babyfood, training and pickup rolls will have to wait until I discover such things!

30. - Top - End - #780
    Ettin in the Playground

This place was everything that a Temple of Mew was not. It was a symbol of everything wrong with the way Varro approached things, even more so than the Temple of Regigigas or the metal contraptions that moved the city's denizens. He resolved to spend no more time here than absolutely necessary.

After thanking the nurse for her help, Angus locks the door to his room. Honesty was in short supply here, apparently. Briefly, Angus toys with the idea of releasing his newest Pokemon so that he can get some air and stretch his limbs. He realizes, however, that an environment such as this was a bad place for a Pokemon who still felt uncomfortable for his trainer. Since he figured that the Cranidos would be with him for some time, Angus had settled on a name for him after much deep thinking. The Pokemon's manner reminded Angus of an old tale about a knight with a fierce temper, who fought thirty other knights single-handed. Lamorak.

He puts the armor aside, unable to think of how much pain he would suffer if he slept on such a bed in armor. He leaves room for Gauntlet on the bed and places Gladia under his pillow, taking care not to cover her eye with the pillow. Angus eventually finds sleep, fitful as it is.

In the morning, he is up bright and early to leave. Donning his new armor and leaning the new spear on his shoulder, Angus makes his way back.
    Spoiler: Assuming nothing happens
    Show
    Angus boards the... "bus" and makes his way back to the original center. There, he spends time looking for Horan.
    You got back to the pokemon center at around noon, and found Horan easily. He was out of hospital care now and was sleeping in a room just like all the other trainers.

Games I'm in:
    Spoiler
    Show