New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OotS in SC5

1. - Top - End - #31
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: OotS in SC5

TGWTH was requested, and lo and behold, I have done him. I had a hard time making him distinct from just "Random Azure guardsman) but still looking like he belonged in the military, but I think I did alright.

I also updated Roy (now he actually has a Green-hilted sword) and Tarquin (I mistakenly made his armor black with a red belt instead of vice versa.) I also added, but special request, the wight who stole Thanh's shoes. But the biggest thing was the new section of alternate character costumes. Make sure to check them out!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vinsfeld View Post
    Wow. Pretty good.

I only missed The Guy with the Halberd.
    Pff. Guy with a halberd is totally overrated.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Banned

Have now seen them all. By far my favorite is Young Tarquin, though of course I have a special place for Sabine (we should probably not discuss exactly where). Also kudos on giving Female Roy a hairstyle that actually looks like (s)he stuck a mop on his(her) head.

Issues I noticed:
    1. Jirix doesn't look orange. Does he have the same skin as the random hobgoblin? Maybe the armor is creating a bad contrast or something.
    2. WHY IS SPLICED V WEARING A MINISKIRT?
    3. For some reason Lien and Ochul have a different screen without the mini-window to the right. Also Ochul doesn't seem to actually be holding his sword; it looks as if he stuck it in the ground so it would stand up and then placed his hand next to the handle.

I definitely think you should do a Durkon and a Xykon just for completeness's sake, even if you can't make them very good. I'd also vote for Bozzok and maybe a few other Rogues on the same basis (Old Blind Pete might be hard to do since I doubt SC offers you sunglasses, and Hank doesn't do any fighting as far as we can see but you could just put him in for the sake of the costume). Bozzok is fairly boring and the rest of the Rogues are even more forgettable, but...well, you've got "random ninja" and "guy with a halberd", so it's not like this is an exclusive club.

Oh, and Grubwriggler for sure, that's my actual request, the others are just me being a completist. And maybe Girard Draketooth, but I'd imagine the options for tattooing a dragon on your face are limited. Anyway the Order of the Scribble are fairly generic-looking so no big if you can't get them done.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Epic View Post
    Pff. Guy with a halberd is totally overrated.
    Actually this thread got me to go try and figure out what the deal was with Guy with a Halberd (also Bandana Paladin who was mentioned in the original GWAH thread). After paging through the entire Battle of Azure City - there are at minimum two different Guys with a Halberd (the one who says "screw that I quit" when the hobgoblins charge the breach, and the one who was guarding the winch for the castle gate until a hobgoblin ninja killed him), and possibly more than that (a GWAH asks the cook why he dumped non-heated oil, another is standing near Hinjo while he talks, another looks alarmed as the hobs first approach, and there's probably a couple more I forget or didn't catch; it's not clear to me whether these are all the same person as each other or as the first two).

Oddly, the poster who started the GWAH thread has a banner image showing GWAH on the castle wall as a hobgoblin climbs up, but that image isn't found in the comic as far as I can see.
    Last edited by willpell; 2012-11-18 at 03:55 AM.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by willpell View Post
    Have now seen them all. By far my favorite is Young Tarquin, though of course I have a special place for Sabine (we should probably not discuss exactly where). Also kudos on giving Female Roy a hairstyle that actually looks like (s)he stuck a mop on his(her) head.
    Thank you. I really tried. I am glad you liked them. I wish they had the 'updo' (read: Beehive) hairstyle from SC4, as that looked more like a mop on a head, but I thought the one I gave female Roy worked well

Issues I noticed:
    1. Jirix doesn't look orange. Does he have the same skin as the random hobgoblin? Maybe the armor is creating a bad contrast or something.
    2. WHY IS SPLICED V WEARING A MINISKIRT?
    3. For some reason Lien and Ochul have a different screen without the mini-window to the right. Also Ochul doesn't seem to actually be holding his sword; it looks as if he stuck it in the ground so it would stand up and then placed his hand next to the handle.
    1)Rest assured Jirix looks orange on my TV screen. Must be the different monitor/contrast between my TV and my monitor, I'll fix it when I can.
    2)Soul Spliced V has a shorter robe/skirt in the comics because it was ripped, I thought it would be nice to duplicate that, but there are no ripped skirts (that I have unlocked at least.) That was the best compromise I could come up with. Also, to make a legitimate different character (instead of just changing the color scheme) I felt I had to throw some more changes in there.
    3)Yes, I took a screenshot in a different part of the character creator. Specifically, the 'weapon select' part, basically to show off their weapons so you could see they had their appropriate weapon type equipped, because they didn't show up too well on the mini card thing.

I definitely think you should do a Durkon and a Xykon just for completeness's sake, even if you can't make them very good. I'd also vote for Bozzok and maybe a few other Rogues on the same basis (Old Blind Pete might be hard to do since I doubt SC offers you sunglasses, and Hank doesn't do any fighting as far as we can see but you could just put him in for the sake of the costume). Bozzok is fairly boring and the rest of the Rogues are even more forgettable, but...well, you've got "random ninja" and "guy with a halberd", so it's not like this is an exclusive club.
    I could do Bozzok, I suppose. Xykon is . . . problomatic but I'll see what I can do. As for the rest of the 'original saviors (Draketooth, Durkon, Soon, etc.) I'll look into it.
    Oh, and Grubwriggler for sure, that's my actual request, the others are just me being a completist. And maybe Girard Draketooth, but I'd imagine the options for tattooing a dragon on your face are limited. Anyway the Order of the Scribble are fairly generic-looking so no big if you can't get them done.

Actually this thread got me to go try and figure out what the deal was with Guy with a Halberd (also Bandana Paladin who was mentioned in the original GWAH thread). After paging through the entire Battle of Azure City - there are at minimum two different Guys with a Halberd (the one who says "screw that I quit" when the hobgoblins charge the breach, and the one who was guarding the winch for the castle gate until a hobgoblin ninja killed him), and possibly more than that (a GWAH asks the cook why he dumped non-heated oil, another is standing near Hinjo while he talks, another looks alarmed as the hobs first approach, and there's probably a couple more I forget or didn't catch; it's not clear to me whether these are all the same person as each other or as the first two).

Oddly, the poster who started the GWAH thread has a banner image showing GWAH on the castle wall as a hobgoblin climbs up, but that image isn't found in the comic as far as I can see.
    [/quote]

Thanks for the input, I'll look into some of your requests. I'm just glad people saw them and liked them, is all. I just wanted to have fun with it, and it seemed like a no-brainer to remake these guys in SC5 since the character creator is pretty varied (though not perfect.) Anyway, I'm just happy that you guys thought it was fun. Also, it provides me with a reason to want to keep unlocking stuff.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Degausser View Post
    2)Soul Spliced V has a shorter robe/skirt in the comics because it was ripped, I thought it would be nice to duplicate that, but there are no ripped skirts (that I have unlocked at least.) That was the best compromise I could come up with. Also, to make a legitimate different character (instead of just changing the color scheme) I felt I had to throw some more changes in there.
    But it's not a different character. And the Darth V robe is at least ankle-length, so having it reach the floor would have been closer than what you did.
    Last edited by willpell; 2012-11-18 at 08:30 AM.

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Apologies all, I . . . may have recently gotten Assassin's Creed III. And I may have been detracted by playing . . . or beating it. Anyway, updated some of the characters after I unlocked new armor and stuff, and two new characters, Draketooth an that Seer from the Azure city (I know they give her a name, but I can't find it. I'll rename her if I find the name.)

7. - Top - End - #37
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

Her name is Sangwaan--see the second half of strip #413, first panel.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

The various crayon strips show that Girard's preferred fighting style was actually with two swords (he had ranger levels, after all).

9. - Top - End - #39
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ti'esar View Post
    The various crayon strips show that Girard's preferred fighting style was actually with two swords (he had ranger levels, after all).
    Thanks for reminding me. I'm not too fond of re-reading all the crayon strips, so that is a thing I hadn't really looked into.

Most of the time, I try to match the right fighting style to the right person. Devil Jin attacks by flying and by using unarmed attacks, and Sabine can fly and uses her claws, so that makes sense. Some characters are almost defined by their fighting styles, such as Roy (with his greatsword), Belkar (with his two daggers) or Thog(with his giant axe.) However, with other characters I just want to make every fighting style available so that I can use my custom characters when trying to learn a fighting style, so, if there is no direct information about what a character uses, I'll just choose a style that isn't represented. This is why Kubota attacks with Maxi's Nunchaku, or why Tsukiko uses Tira's Ring blade.

And . . . TECHNICALLY Voldo attacks with two blades, but I see what you are getting at. I'll change him to Cervantes.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ogre in the Playground

TUTORIAL PLZZZZZZZZ plan to get SC5 this Cristmas
    "Do all the good you can, in all the ways you can, to all the souls you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, with all the zeal you can, as so long as you ever can" -John Wesley
    Deviant Art account
    Fairy Tail OC avatar by: your truly

11. - Top - End - #41
    Halfling in the Playground

BlackDragon

I could do Bozzok, I suppose. Xykon is . . . problomatic but I'll see what I can do. As for the rest of the 'original saviors (Draketooth, Durkon, Soon, etc.) I'll look into it.
    Sorry, this bothered me a lot (miscommunication is my Kryptonite).

He wasn't talking about the original Order, or the Order of the Scribble, comprising Soon Kim, Girard Draketooth, Lirian, Serini Toormuck, Kraagor and DORUKAN (not DURKON). I do believe he was referring to our resident Dwarven Cleric of Thor, Durkon Thundershield, who has not been represented in your SC5-ation of the OotS cast.

Carry on.

12. - Top - End - #42
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by suzaliscious View Post
    Sorry, this bothered me a lot (miscommunication is my Kryptonite).

He wasn't talking about the original Order, or the Order of the Scribble, comprising Soon Kim, Girard Draketooth, Lirian, Serini Toormuck, Kraagor and DORUKAN (not DURKON). I do believe he was referring to our resident Dwarven Cleric of Thor, Durkon Thundershield, who has not been represented in your SC5-ation of the OotS cast.

Carry on.
    Right sorry. To be fair, they are very similar. I love Rich, but could he not have made the names a LITTLE different?

13. - Top - End - #43
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Posted some updates on the new page. I finally got a sword that looks good as Roy's ancestoral weapon, and a Katana that I can color-modify to make it Hinjo's. Plus, I gave him some spiffy-er looking armor because he's, y'know, head of state.

Now, you may not believe this, by I'm Psychic. I can predict that, when you see the 'Fallen Tsukiko' you will yell at me because I gave her different equiment instead of just changing the color scheme. Well it is try that I could have just changed the color, I felt that it was more dramatic to change her stuff into less-ostentatious stuff. I find it fitting that, when the gods took away all her powers, they took away her special abilities, and also what makes her special. So I made her armor more 'bland' and 'mundane.' Artistic licence on my part. After all, falling changed the color of her stuff, so there is no reason it couldn't change the form of the stuff as well. Just a thought.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

I can predict that, when you see the 'Fallen Tsukiko' you will yell at me because I gave her different equiment instead of just changing the color scheme.
    Did you by chance mean "Fallen Miko?"

15. - Top - End - #45
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    Did you by chance mean "Fallen Miko?"
    Wow! How'd I mess that one up? Anyway, fixed on the front page. Sorry about the problem.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Pixie in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Great work. These are awesome, and if I had SC5, I'd totally copy a few of them.
    I love femRoy's mop-hair. Shame you can't wield a hammer and shield (I'm guessing, at any rate).

While Litch-Xykon is probably impossible, you could do pre-undead Xykon.
    Some of the resistance members would be cool, too.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Wow, been a while right? Well, I decided to go back to this thread and clean it up. I deleted all the old stuff and re-took all the pictures, as well as created a few new characters and re-organized some of the stuff.

There you go, my memory space on my SC5 account is full, 50 characters, that's right, FIFTY! And, just to do a little extra, I provided alternate takes on some of them, such as Tarquin with and without his helmet, and Redcloak both pre- and post- eye-incident.

I also added some new characters into the mix. One person requested 'more people that attacked Azure City, so I have both the Elf captain and the pink-haired elf soldier from this comic: http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0706.html , an alternate version of Nale as the desert wanderer, and, my favorite, the would-have-been Death Knight Miko, among a few others.

There you go guys, hope you enjoy.

18. - Top - End - #48
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

I think I've said this before, but I'll say it again: this is really neat. Within the limits of the engine - which I assume is the reason most of the men have chests that look like they could stop a tank - these are remarkably accurate.

How long does it take you to make one, on average?

19. - Top - End - #49
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ti'esar View Post
    I think I've said this before, but I'll say it again: this is really neat. Within the limits of the engine - which I assume is the reason most of the men have chests that look like they could stop a tank - these are remarkably accurate.

How long does it take you to make one, on average?
    Oh, it's not hard to make them, depending on what the character looks like. Honestly, since there are only X armors in the game, it's kind of hard to make them look distinct, and messing around with the colors can take some time.

I'd say, for the easy guys (like the Weight) it took five minutes or less. But for some of the more complicated guys (like old Tarquin for example) I had a lot of trouble with clipping and making everything look right (plus making those horns on his helmet was surprisingly annoying. He probably took 15-20 minutes.

Really, honestly, the toughest part about it was unlocking all the stuff. I had to put in a LOT of hours just playing online, beating arcade mode, beating the story mode and so on so I could unlock everything I wanted (the elf ears took FOREVER!)

As for giant chests, that's the armor, really. They made the armor look super bulky. Roy's actually quite svelt under all that plate mail.

20. - Top - End - #50

ClericGirl

Wow!!

My favourite has to be Zz'dtri. He looks so perfect, so real.
    Haley: Oh, I guess I'll just have to accept getting twice as much gold as the rest of you.
    Roy: You brought this on yourself, you know.
    Haley: Yes, yes I did.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

The only way to make this more impressive would be to add the MitD.

(And yes, a large PNG that is just solid black is my first thought too )

Those are very well done.

22. - Top - End - #52

Great job... I've made some characthers in my friend's SC4, but I'm totally looking to make some of the OotS in SC5.

Excellent!

23. - Top - End - #53
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Thanks for all the compliments. I am glad people like the work I put into this, I really am. I was tinkering around with deleting some of the files that I don't need anymore (such as Date Roy, the Seer, Desert Nale and a few others) to make room for more characters, such as lord Shinjo. Anyone want to see someone especially? (Note, I mean someone I could actually MAKE in the game, not MItD or Skeleton Xykon or whatever.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Troll in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Anyone want to see someone especially? (Note, I mean someone I could actually MAKE in the game, not MItD or Skeleton Xykon or whatever.
    I'm pretty sure Malack's out of the question, and I don't know whether the catgirl is really possible, but I'd be interested in seeing whoever else you could manage of Tarquin's teammates.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Ogre in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

These are great. Darth Miko kicks ass, Vaarsuvius and Haley and Tarquin are really great as well.

I would also like to see the makeable rest of Tarquin's team - Laurin, Miron and Shoulder Pad Guy.
    Last edited by Mike Havran; 2013-09-07 at 03:00 AM.
    There must be some sense of order - personal, political or dramatic - and if no one else is going to bring it to this world, I will.

Silent member of Zz'dtri's #698 Scrying Sensor Explanation Club.

26. - Top - End - #56
    Dwarf in the Playground

Griffon

What about Kazumi and Daigo as soldiers?

27. - Top - End - #57
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Michaeler View Post
    What about Kazumi and Daigo as soldiers?
    That was pretty much the impetus for the Male and Female Azure Guards.

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ogre in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

So, some of you may remember waaaaay back when Soul Calibur 4 first came out, that I made a large portion of the cast in SC4. Well, Soul Calibur 5 is out, and I got my hands on it used cheap and the character creator is FAR better soooo . . . .

(For those of you who don't know, Soul Calibur is a fighting game series that has, since its third incarnation, included a create-a-character mode.)

Yeah. Tell me what you guys think, and don't hesitate to throw out suggestions.

One thing to note: I am not done unlocking everything, so I may be replacing some of the images periodically. For example, I know that there is a 'pointy ear' thing, but I haven't unlocked it yet. Also, I currently have only a few sets of armor unlocked, so some of the armored people tend to look the same.

The Order:
    Roy: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ps09e3a345.png
    I don't play SC, but that looks very impressive. Well done.

One small comment. It's just the armor, but did anyone else have a quick flashback to this strip when seeing that picture of Roy?
    "That's a horrible idea! What time?"

T-Shirt given to me by a good friend.. "in fairness, I was unsupervised at the time".

29. - Top - End - #59
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by tomandtish View Post
    I don't play SC, but that looks very impressive. Well done.

One small comment. It's just the armor, but did anyone else have a quick flashback to this strip when seeing that picture of Roy?
    Thanks, glad people like it.

As for the armor, actually, there is a reason I chose it. See, some armor is specific to males only or females only, but that armor set, there are male and female versions. So it let me make a female Roy (from the gender changing belt) that was wearing the same armor.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shred-Bot View Post
    These are awesome! Also....

Character: Roy
    Style: Siegfried

Tee hee!
    Awww I looked at all the pics and then began my scroll down to compliment your amazing character editing (the sort of thing I myself love to get involved in my spare time) before this reply kinda thunder-stole.
    My GitP Homebrew Signature
    My homebrew posts need fixing due to the board update. I've done rewrites of half but going to finish the rest before posting.
    My Homebrew System progress blog
    In which I post ocassional updates about the sci-fi tabletop system I've worked on since March 2013